Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:37 pm
User Image

A whole new world is at my feet
                                                          A whole new story I am about to read

I found a world beyond this seat
                                                          I found a world that I feel need

Where Diagon Alley?
                                                          With My Brother's and this old governor guy.
                                                          Feeling Excited and a bit nervous
                                                          Thinking This is insane!

══════════════════════════════════════════════════

So the whole thing about magic was real, the more they saw the more amazed and fascinated the eleven year was. Magic was real, he and his brothers were magical. They were going to a magic school. This was all so amazing and so rapidly happening that he felt like his head was spinning. But he was so excited he didn't care! Tyson Xanders smiled, "I'm all ready Mr. Edgeworth!" he said as he looked around at the corwded street and seeing all the weirdly dressed people with a few normally dressed people. Blinking he turned to his brothers, making silent comments to them about how weird some of the people looked. He glanced back up at Mr. Edgeworth.

"So, what kind of things do we learn at the Hogwats?" he asked curiously as he looked at a shop display on the street. "Is that really dragon dung?" he asked wrinkling his nose at the smell that was now being blown their way. Shaking his head he put his hand over his nose, trying to seal off the smell. He hated smelly things, they always were a mess. Messes and bad smells always went hand in hand after all. He shifted away into the display and stepped in a giant wad of gum that immediately stuck to his shoe. "Ewww...." he said as he frowned. Okay well maybe this exciting trip wasn't going so well so far....

══════════════════════════════════════════════════

Finally fitting in, no longer turned away
                                                          Finally fitting in, with a world my own

I am in a world were I can say
                                                          I am in a world where I am Home

Out of Character FIRST POST WITH TYSON

ElegantVictorainRose
Cara Miakitty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:50 pm
User Image

LIVE AS I F YOU WERE TO DIE TOMORROW
                                                          ╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Where
                                                          Diagon Alley
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════
                                                          With
                                                          My brothers and a strange Govenor
                                                          Feeling
                                                          Overwhelmed and excited
                                                          Thinking
                                                          So much to learn...come on when do we start!?
                                                          ╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
                                                          LEARN AS I F YOU WERE TO LIVE FOREVER

Unlike his brothers Julius was taking all this in silence. His mind however was going a mile a minute processing every new sight that came into his eyes. This was nothing like their muggle life before. Everything had a magical edge to it and it brought out the childlike wonder that he use to have when he saw the napkins flying off from the kitchen table when he was younger. When Tyson would turn to comment on the others he'd smile and nod with the same excitement before scanning everywhere and everything, trying to take in as much as he could before they had to leave again. When Tyson asked about what it was exactly they were to be getting he removed his eyes from the scenery to the person who was their guide through this utterly unknown world of Diagon alley. His brother had practically asked everything already but he had one of his own on his mind as well."How does one even find there way around here?"]He asked with a slight laugh. it was crazy and with all the other students both new and returning around he found himself lost in the jumble of colorful robes and magical oddities that floated about and vanished in smoke inside the shop windows.

At his brother's discovery of a foul stench he couldn't help but laugh at his displeasure. The scent though horrid didn't even bother the second triplet. In fact he was more apt to want to dissect it to learn of what a dragon eats than to run away from it. His brother's obsessive desire for order and cleanliness was an easy topic to tease him on and on many occasions he took those opportunities. This would be good for later but at the moment he wanted his questions and those of his brother's answered.

CHANGE IS ONLY A NEW CHALLENGE
                                                          ╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Out of Character
                                                          Short post GO haha
                                                          ╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:15 am
User ImageUser Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

ˡ’ᵒᶤˢᵉᵃᵘ ᵠᵘᵉ ᵗᵘ ᶜʳᵒʸᵃᶤˢ ˢᵘʳᵖʳᵉᶰᵈᵉʳᵉxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxᵇᵃᵗᵗᶤᵗ ᵈ’ᵃᶤˡᵉ ᵉᵗ ˢ’ᵉᶰᵛᵒˡᵃˑ
xxxxxxʟ’ᴀᴍᴏᴜʀ ᴇsᴛ ʟᴏɪɴ, ᴛᴜ ᴘᴇᴜx ʟ’ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴅʀᴇ.
ᵗᵘ ᶰᵉ ˡ’ᵃᵗᵗᵉᶰᵈˢ ᵖᵃˢ˒ ᶤˡ ᵉˢᵗ ˡᵃˑxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxttire:[x]
xxocation: Diagon Alley
xith: Drusilla
xxood: Giddy
xxxhoughts: '...'
» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Lulu’s blonde curls bounced in rhythm with her steps as the buxom Transfiguration Professor strolled through Diagon Alley, walking at a leisurely place so as to take in the sights and sounds of the famed heart of the London Wizarding community. It had been some time since Lulu visited Diagon Alley, but after a strange and unexplainable desire to visit Colin at the Ministry, Lulu found herself with some free time to kill after she accomplished her mission for the day. Of course, Lulu could tell that Colin was less than excited when he saw her wandering the Fourth level of the Ministry – not because he didn’t like his sister, but because Lulu had a tendency to bring him strange gifts. Naturally a basket of candy would have been a good gift for her students, but she could tell by the looks he had given her that it took all the strength in him not to make the basket vanish before anyone else could see and laugh. But whether he wanted it or not, Colin was going to get candy, and after a quick exchange Lulu left her brother to his ‘work’.

With the thought of sweets on her mind, Lulu wondered whether or not her stocks were running low. By now, anyone who visited the Transfiguration Professor in her office would know Lulu had a sweet tooth, and was more than willing to share her candy with anyone who looked even mildly moved at the sight of her jars upon jars that filled the shelves around her desk. With a quick glance at the Sweets shop, however, Lulu could see that it was closed. Yet her trip didn’t seem to be for naught as a familiar face came to view. ”Drusilla~?” She called out, a little trill in her voice as she beamed with excitement. Waving, the professor crossed the street towards the Divination Professor. ”’ow exciting! I didn’t expect to see you ‘ere! C’est trop beau pour être vrai~ ‘ow is your summer? I ‘ope you are enjoying zis time off.”

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:17 am
User Image
Dorien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Curious at Diagon Alleyspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // His brothers and Mr. Edgeworthspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, my gosh, this is the coolest thing ever!' spacespac

☼ ☼ ☼ When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me;
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
☼ ☼ ☼
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDorian followed behind his brothers, a bit slower than them because his eyes were wide and looking at everything. This was the single most amazing thing that he'd ever experienced. He'd always thought there was something unique about him and his brothers... he hadn't been content for their most defining feature being the fact that they were triplets. There had to be something else, too. And now there was; they weren't just triplets, they were magical triplets! Three magical brothers with two not-magical parents. From what Mr. Edgeworth had said before, the odds of that happening were basically none, and yet, here they were! He was beyond amazed, beyond excited. This was the best, coolest thing that had ever happened to them! He was hardly listening to his brothers and Mr. Edgeworth; he was too busy looking around, taking it in, practically bouncing with excitement. He had so many questions! And unlike his brothers, he was basically incapable of keeping them in. "Ooooh we're getting wands? That's amazing! What kind of spells will we learn? Do we get to make like potions and stuff, too? Can we fly on brooms?" They came out rapid fire, no time to answer between them, one after another. He noticed the weird smell as soon as his brother pointed it out, but didn't really mind it nearly as much. Tyson disliked anything that made him even think about dirt. When the eldest triplet stepped in a piece of gum, he burst out giggling at his brother's predicament. Then, his hand went to Mr. Edgeworth's jacket, tugging lightly. "Mr. Edgeworth, can you use magic to get the gum off his shoe?" he asked, his tone excited. It might be silly, since Tyson could just scrape the gum off, but Dorian was excited to see any magic at all.

☼ ☼ ☼ And in my hour of darkness, she is standing right in front of me;
                                                          Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
                                                          ☼ ☼ ☼

(( OOC: ))

Sir Spazalots

ElegantVictorainRose

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:38 am
User Image
FLYNN WU
████████████████████████
That Canadian Kid ⊰ 巫子军 ⊱

ʀᴏsᴘᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ʜᴏɢωᴀʀᴛs sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ ᶰˢᵒʳᵗᵉᵈ

Jams: [ x ]
xAttire: [ x ]
xxxMood: Awkward
xxxLocation: Diagon Alley
xWith: Coffee
Thoughts: '...'

It was strange, even though this was only their second encounter, Flynn felt as if they had known each other for some time. Maybe it was a gut sense? Or maybe he was just friendly with everyone? Or maybe it was the fact that talking to someone in this strange, exciting new place was comforting so he wanted to chitchat regardless of who it was that had the misfortune to listen to the boy’s ramblings. Taking the little body cues, Flynn shrugged. ”My mom kind of dumped me here and told me to find things…” Flynn explained, ”But I guess if you’re here as well then you need school supplies too?” Somehow Flynn didn’t realize he had somehow understood Coffee’s unique way of communicating nonverbally – just her simple gesture of the hand and tilt of her head was enough for him to understand what kind of question she’d meant to ask him.

”She said something about Hogwarts and being independent… but to be honest I don’t even know what’s going on in here… she drew me a map but I think it’s wrong.” He told Coffee, showing her the upside-down map and the list of supplies that he would need for the new year. At least now he could rest easy in knowing that there would be one person he knew going to the same school as him. Taking his attention from the map, Flynn turned back to Coffee, smiling even though he still looked mildly dazed. ”I still don’t know if I can even believe her though. I mean, I’ve never even seen magic before… maybe at magic shows? Y’know? Like where a guy pulls a rabbit out of a hat? I wonder if we’ll learn how to do that…” He said, feeling his mind drift off to thoughts of an older Flynn with a top hat and the traditional Magician’s black and white wand. He shuddered, pulling his mind back into reality.

Greycast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:08 am
User Image
Drusilla is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Distracted at Diagon Alleyspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Luluspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Blissfully Dazedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So many little children... first years and second and third... so, so many...' spacespac

☩ ☩ ☩ But what is this, that I cant see?
With ice cold hands taking hold of me...
☩ ☩ ☩
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDrusilla smiled pleasantly when her friend approached, her eyes bright and excited. She enveloped the blonde in a tight hug. "Hello, ducky dear! Excellent that you're here, you can keep me here, too... Did I know you were going to be here? Is that why I came? I can't remember...." The Seer trailed off, trying to remember. Perhaps that had been what had drawn her from her home in Cokeworth... perhaps she had Seen that Lulu would be in Diagon Alley and wanted to see her friend. It was more than possible; such a thing was incredibly common when it came to Drusilla. Especially when she was alone. It was why she was so glad to see a familiar face, particularly that of her fellow professor and best friend; Dru found that her ability to remain focused on the present was greatly increased when she was around other people. Lulu in particular; the Seer supposed it could be her fondness for the Transfiguration professor that made her such an excellent distraction from her visions. "How has my Summer been? Hm... excellent question! I think... I think it's been rather boring, actually. Not much to do at home. Just halls, echoing with ghosts... not real ones, mind you. Although I'm quite certain my mother is haunting me." This was said with a perfectly calm face, as if such a thing were perfectly normal to say in a typical conversation... which, it might be, since they were witches. Except that really, hauntings weren't all that common. The halls of Hogwarts might make it seem as though they were, but truthfully, there weren't many people who chose to linger about after death. Still, Drusilla was quite certain that her mother had decided to do just that, although she had no idea why the woman would ever decide to do that. They hadn't been overly fond of one another when she was alive... Drusilla smiled at Lulu. "What about you, Lulu darling? Enjoying your vacation?" Drusilla was quite certain there was no way the blonde's Summer could've been nearly as boring as her own... or lonely. After all, she had her brother to spend time with.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ☩ ☩ ☩ When God is gone and the Devil takes hold,
                                                          Who will have mercy on your soul?
                                                          ☩ ☩ ☩

User Image

Forks Anonymous

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:47 am
User Image

User Image
"Without your mask,
You can't find yourself.
What you confuse,
for glory's fire.
Is fire from the tongues of liars."

Claire rolled her eyes some, "I'm not having problems concentrating today." She retorted. Actually she WAS having quite a bit of trouble with focusing at the moment, but she was never going to let David have the satisfaction of knowing that. She then sighed as he wrote down the information on her hand, glancing down at it with a look of indifference.

"In the real world yes." She then looked to the side some as David took some Excedrin, she'd ask for some, but she wasn't going to, "How many times has Ravenclaw gotten the upper hand over Slytherin though?" Claire then grinned some, "Not that many." When David went on and countered her argument on Voldemort, Claire shrugged some, "Yes...I can see the point, but that doesn't mean people can continue to gripe at it." She retorted, "It's been long enough and people do need to get over what happened. People are too stuck on the past."

At David's final remark, Claire thought for a moment before carefully replying, "While the pureblooded ideology has been around for quite some time...I promise to wipe out that idea." She then frowned, "The way squibs are still treated sickens me...and the thought of the pure bloods lording their status over the rest of us...." She shuddered, "But even though people are basically useless, Books aren't exactly a wise companion. Ignoring humanities faults and losing yourself in a book is just as bad, because you aren't doing anything to change the ideals of people."

"Ignoring the problem doesn't make them suddenly vanish forever." Claire finished, her little rant over. She sighed a bit, now Claire was getting a headache.

Oh poor Claire~ .....Not!

My feelings? I'm annoyed you know?
Precious thought of mine, "...Maybe I should have lessened that rant."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

mc2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:02 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: General Casual Wear

Yeah... pretty sure I said I believe what she is thinking is impossible and thus useless.

David raised a brow and said, "Not that I particularly pay attention, but I do believe that Ravenclaw actually ranked above Slytherin in Quidditch rankings last year. And Ravenclaw did have both Headboy and Headgirl last year, something Slytherin can't boast. Not that I suppose in the real world either really matter, right? And what can I say I come from a family of Slytherins. I have heard the 'Slytherin is better' all my life, what you say really isn't going to bother me. Like I said, the sorting hat put me in Ravenclaw essentially because I asked it to, otherwise I would have been a Slytherin as well."

"And you are wrong, people can gripe about whatever they want all they want. It is called free will. Unless you wish to wipe that out in your grand scheme? People do need to get over what happened, but that's a tall order," He said leaning back and glancing over at her. He smirked and said, "Are you sure that you weren't supposed to be a Gryffindor, Claire? That's a pretty bold idea to wipe out that idea. Of course to actually achieve it I suppose it would take more ambition and darkness. I suppose I was wrong about a point. I said it is impossible to change a society's deep rooted ideas but that's not exactly true... you can if you kill off enough people who have the idea. Unfortunately, I am not one to condone mass murder-even of blood purists who I am not particularly fond of."

"However," He said, standing, "if you know of some other way to achieve that rather lofty goal of yours I am quite curious, because I don't exactly see any other possible way to achieve your goal. And I don't exactly waste my time with lost causes. My goals are merely to heal the physical ailments of people not their minds or hearts. I don't need to bother with excessive human interaction. Besides, if I wanted to listen to a lecture about my antisocial behavior I could have stayed home."

He paused in thought and said, "You know what, I am technically supposed to drink a full glass of water and eat a meal with the medicine I took and you have sparked my curiosity... I mean, I do come from a pureblood family who do, on both sides have the pureblood ideology beyond my immediate family, and am the son of a squib... so if your hungry we can get something light at that tea place or the Leaky Cauldron? The meal would be on me, of course, because Mum would probably skin me alive if I didn't for you all things considered. If not, well, the risk of an ulcer or an upset stomach isn't that daunting to me as I've risked it before and I do have a curious potential family matter I want to investigate."

Squeeky Luff

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:12 am
User Image

User Image
"Without your mask,
You can't find yourself.
What you confuse,
for glory's fire.

Claire waited, her head aching at the constant barrage of insults her own mind was lobbing at her. Claire tried to keep up with what David was saying, but his talking and speech was drowned out every now and then by the voice in her head telling her awful stuff, "I'm sure I was never meant to be a Gryffindor. As yous aid that action of mine would take far more ambition and cunning deceit than bravery or being stubborn like most Gryffindor's tend to be." That was a proper rebuttal right? Claire hadn't caught everything David said, but she was sure she caught some of it...enough to form an opinion at least.

When told that the only real way to get rid of the purist ideology would be mass murder, Claire paused for a moment. That...certainly was an idea. An extreme idea, but if that would be the only way...

Oh, really? Is that what you want to go for? Why not just toss the rest of your future down the drain, hm? Stupid girl.

Claire gritted her teeth at the voice, quite sick of it's constant barrage of insults, "A drink and a meal actually does sound quite nice." She then paused for a moment, "I'll hold a temporary truce of sorts for now....I guess." She rubbed her forehead some, "Think I'm developing a headache right now, anyways..."

My feelings? I'm exhausted you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Just...let that stupid voice cease...Just go away."
I'm a Slytherin.
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

mc2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:06 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: General Casual Wear

Must be some headache for her to actually mention it.

David reached in his bag and pulled out the bottle of Excedrin and handed it to Claire, "Most people find them fairly hard to take dry but I've gotten used to it over the years... two pills should work. Anyways, if you want a meal the Leaky Cauldron would be better..." He frowned slightly as he checked his watch keeping track of the time. He would have rather gone for something lighter but this would kill at least two birds with one stone-eating a meal with Claire that is. He would win points with his mother which never hurt. And he could actually report to his sister who had been nagging him about being more social that he had met up with a classmate from school and had end up spending quite a while with her and even ate a meal with her. It would at least sound social-well it was social behavior even if Claire and David were unlikely to ever be friends.

Actually, come to think of it David couldn't really place a memory where he had anyone close enough he would actually consider a friend. As he said he preferred books to people. And, it wasn't like he couldn't interact with people it just was a lot of effort. And of course, Claire and David obviously had a dislike for each other rooted in various matters.

"A cold war reenactment, how thrilling. Who is Russia and who is the United States?" David said sarcastically, remembering reading enough about the cold war from his history textbook back at Wetherby School Prepatory school. He was fairly confident it wasn't actually taught but he mostly ignored his teachers, especially in history class and just read the textbook during class instead. "I'll lead the way then," he sighed. "The sooner you are able to take the medicine the better."

Squeeky Luff

{Exit to the Leaky Cauldron... I'll post first quoting Claire.}  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:27 am
User Image

User Image
"Without your mask,
You can't find yourself.
What you confuse,
for glory's fire.

Claire gladly took the Excedrin, her dad was the one who tended to clue her in on muggle medicine...so she had heard of Excedrin before. Knowing things about both the wizarding world and the muggle world was one good thing about being half-blood, "Can't be that hard to take dry." She said as she took the two pills and swallowed them, though she coughed a bit because they got stuck at the back of her throat for a second, "....Nevermind." She then glanced away a bit, "...Thanks." Claire said begrudgingly, she didn't want to make friends with David...but a connection was a connection anyway.

No one would want to make friends with you. Look at you, you're horrid.

Claire gritted her teeth again, trying to catch what David was in the middle of saying, "...You seem the more American type." Claire replied, just as sarcastic, "...Alright then, I'll just follow." She finished rolling her eyes a bit. Some food would do her good anyway.
Taking pictures...for a scrapbook certainly was more work than she was used to.

My feelings? I'm at ease you know?
Precious thought of mine, "A dmeal would do me well."
I'm a Slytherin.
My strings are being pulled. "Exiting to the Leaky cauldron~ And Alright~" Out of character.

mc2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:27 am
User Image
Balance. Ila tried again. She shifted the package her held and tried to take in the parade of weird before her. She didn't want to miss it. Robes, robes, robes and the occasional normal clothed people marched, chatted and argued before it. Spider legs on sales, latest cauldrons to be imported, Quidditch and more topics that Ila didn't understand filled the air. It was amazing, terrifying, exciting.

Though not her problem. She glanced down to find her new pet, Wagtail had gotten out of his basket and was seeking access to her shoulder. "No. You can't get up here, chap. I'm carrying to much, not to mention you'll get fur in my ice cream," she took a lick of the cone in her hand to make a point. One that escaped the creature as it meowed at her. She wiggled her arm trying to dissuade it from progress. Sadly he took it as either a challenge or an invite, Ila wasn't sure which and as he launched himself up, she didn't care. She leaned away only, she loss her balance she bumped up against Wagtail's basket.

Crashing down, she landed in a small pool of sitting water. She blinked as Wagtail meowed at her, dry on the store sill. She glanced at her right hand, crushing the cone and it's contends. Then down at the brown box that had carried her scales, no doubt dented from the rough landing. Dropping the cone, she struggled up grumbling, "Suppose I ought be grateful I wasn't holding my new robes. Hell."

She dumped the scales into the cat's basket whose wicker top now had a nice dent it as well. She shook her arms, cover in her favorite loose sweater and tired to ignore the wet feeling on her back. Pushing her sleeve back, she adjusted her glasses before going back to work at her trying to speed up the drying. Part of her hoped her Dad stayed in the shop longer, she didn't want him coming back to find his daughter dripping.

"Still it'd be nice if he could wave his wand and clean me up. *sigh* Can't wait till I can do magic," she muttered to the cat before glancing over it as she tried to wring out her sleeve. "You know, I'm not fixing the basket. This should teach you."

[O.o.C:]

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 am
Oh, written in the stars
A million miles away
A message to the main
Seasons come and go
But I will never change
And I'm on my way
You're listening now
They say they ain't heard nothing like this in a while

User Image
Eleazar Draven Bradley
- Unknown Blood - Unsorted - First Year -
[feeling: embarrassed] [thinking: oh, Thea...] [with: Althea] [at: Diagon Alley Streets]

"COME ON, LEA LEA!" a voice shrieked, and there was a blur of black hair racing through the crowded streets, a tiny girl, pushing through throngs of children and adults, a toy wand firmly in her grasp. Well, a toy wand slash sword. It'd been carved for her by her older brother Toby, who was reasonably crafty with a pocket knife, but she'd instructed him to make it pointy, like a sword. He hadn't, because he saw the madness in giving Thea Bradley something sharp to run around with, but he'd carved in a delicate hilt at the end of it where she'd grip it, with her initials, A.L.B. She loved it anyways, and it was firmly clenched in one small fist.

"Thea," her brother gasped for breath, finally getting a grip on her shoulder. "Slow down, 'kay? If I lose you Da'll have my 'ead." Alright. He had her. She couldn't run off again screaming her head off and pretending to hex people. The one problem with his sister, whom he loved dearly and would do anything for but sometimes wished was a bit... meeker? Quieter? Less crazed? Well, the one problem with Thea was that everything was an adventure.

And Eleazar didn't really like adventures.

"Daddy's gonna getcha books and we're gonna getcha wand! And then you can figh' da monsters with me, rigggghhhhhhhttttt?" she queried, beaming a gap toothed smile at him.

He caved. "Eh... yeah. Yeah. I'll be the.... knight?" The blonde boy wasn't very clear on how exactly her adventures worked, but presumably they involved wizards and knights and probably ponies.

"Nah! I'm the knight, Leazer! You can be.... da pony!" she reasoned, swinging on his arm a little, her thick mass of black hair falling into her face. She could pass for a little boy, in her overalls and shoes, from behind.

He winced. The pony? No. Not going to happen. He was not going to be the steed. He gave enough piggy back- or pony back, rides at home. He was eleven years old. Nearly a teenager. And he was going to Hogwarts soon. That meant a certain amount of dignity was expected, even if he did trip over his own two feet often enough, and he certainly didn't need a little girl clinging to his neck-

"I wanna ride." his sister demanded, digging her feet into the ground and yanking on him insistently. "I'm tired."

Tired? Right. She'd just been doing a good impression of a cheetah two seconds ago, and she wasn't even breathing heavily. He narrowed her eyes at her from underneath his bangs. "Alley-cat, there is no way, not a chance, that you are in the slightest tired...."

She yawned and made a pathetic little whimpering sound. And then proceeded to adopt a very sleepy look, rubbing at her eyes. "Swear on my sword, Lea Lea," she insisted, sticking it in his face. "I'm really tired. I wanna ride. Just til we get to da shop. Then I'll walk, cross my 'eart and hope to dieeeeeee."

He frowned. "Don't hope that. You sound like Jess, she's so dramatic," he groaned. His older sister was way too influential on Thea.

"What's dramatic mean- n'er mind I still wanna ride!"

Eleazar sighed and pulled her off to the side of the street, and knelt down. Dear Merlin, where was his spine? Oh, wait. I don't have one, he thought sarcastically as Thea scrambled onto his back and got his neck in a choke hold.

"Loosen up a bit!" he gasped out and she decided to grip his hair instead.

Oh, joy.

With a grunt, the boy stood up and started walking again, briskly, avoiding eye contact with anyone lest he turn scarlet. Little sisters. His back was going to permanently hunched because of this, he just knew it.

One day I had a dream. I tried to chase it. But it wasn't going anywhere.

((open to interaction with anybody))

I used to be the kid that no one cared about
That's why you have to keep screaming till they hear you out
For a sec I even gave up believing and praying
They say that money is the root to the evilest ways
But have you ever been so hungry it keeps you awake?
Mate, now my hunger would leave them amazed
Great, it feels like a long time coming
Since the day I thought of that cunning plan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:13 pm
User Image
Wesley is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Regal at Diagon Alleyspace
CURRENTLY // single // in mourningspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // The Xanders Tripletsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I do enjoy taking the muggleborns shopping...' spacespac

✦ ✦ ✦ People are soaring, always exploring, higher than they've ever been before.
But we are still down here, feet on the ground near, what will rise us up with the rest?
✦ ✦ ✦

spaceWesley chuckled at the three boys. Very similar in some ways, but completely different in others. He waited until they were done asking their questions, trying to keep them straight... he'd been doing fine until the hyper one spoke up. That child spoke far too quickly and had far too many questions... he hoped he didn't miss one. He paused, thoughtful. "Simple answers first, I think. So, yes, that is, in fact, Dragon Dung." The man's nose wrinkled distastefully. "Herbologists use it for fertilizer. It's supposed to be very high in nutrients." He paused, thinking. "As for how people find their way around... this is the epicenter of the wizarding world, as far as shopping goes. If you want something, you'll be coming here more often than not. So people learn. Before they get it figured out, they can ask for directions. Thankfully, it's one street, so if you're really lost, all you have to do is walk up and down it until you find what you're looking for." That covered the Julius' question, leaving the one asked by Tyson, and the myriad asked by the Dorian. At least the question of what sort of lessons they would have and what spells they would learn would be easy to answer together... and hadn't the youngest asked about potions as well? "Well... you'll have a set of core lessons you have to take from your first year on, and electives starting in third year, until fifth year when you take your OWLs, Ordinary Wizarding Level exams. Your own preference and your OWL scores will determined what lessons you take for your last two years. There are three core classes on wandwork, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Transfiguration. You will also have Potions, and, yes, a Flying class, where you learn to fly on brooms." He chuckled at that one when the younger boy's expression grew, if possible, even more excited. "You'll also be taking Astronomy, Herbology, and History of Magic. Then when you get to electives... well, there're far too many to list. Classes on history, mythology, wands and doing magic without them... learning to cook and heal and create art and music with magic... there's a lot to choose from." He really hoped they didn't ask him to list the electives. He didn't even think he could remember them all, honestly. "And yes, Dorian, we will be getting your wands. You'll need one at school. And each of your wands will be special, unique to you, and completely unlike every other wand anyone else owns." Wesley chuckled at that. He'd been quite angry with his son over his interest in wandlore at first, but after doing some reading... it really was quite fascinating. And really, if he were going to be a tradesmen... was there any trade that was more respectable? Wands were difficult, tricky. His son would have to be very skilled, and very smart, to work with them... and Wesley was impressed. He'd always thought Damien had a lack of ambition, but... well, it seemed his ambition had just been secret, quiet.

spaceWhen Tyson stepped in the gum, Wesley tried not to chuckle at his expression. He was quite obviously very distraught over the issue... Quite fastidious, for such a young boy. Damien had been the same way at that age, but only because he'd been taught to be. Dorian's question prompted him to take his wand from it's place up his sleeve. He crouched down on one knee before the boy. "Lift your foot up for me, son," Wesley said, smiling and holding his hand out to grab the boy's ankle to help him hold it up. "Brace yourself on my shoulder so you don't fall." Once they were in position and he was confident that Tyson wouldn't fall on his bum, he gave his wand a wave. "Evanesco," he murmured gently with a smile. The gum vanished, and Wesley released his foot. "There. Nice and clean. No gum," he informed the young man, standing and gesturing towards the shopping lane. "So. Wands, books, robes, supplies, or pets?" Wesley included everything on the list, but he knew that there were only two details that would catch anyone's attention if the boys were typical. Wands, or pets. He figured it would be wands, but honestly, he was hoping for pets... just so he could go see Siobhan while he still had a reason to keep the visit short. If they didn't have the rest of the shopping to do, he'd probably force the boys to stand there impatiently while he spoke with her.

✦ ✦ ✦ Our thoughts are quixotic, stark and robotic, mechanical in nature all the time.
                                                          And pulses are firing in our head wiring, guiding all our actions and beings.
                                                          ✦ ✦ ✦

User Image

Sir Spazalots

ElegantVictorainRose

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nodding as Flynn continued to talk, Coffee took the map and the list that was held out to her, listening with one ear to the boy's rambling as she looked over the pieces of paper. The list was okay-- she didn't think it would be much different from hers and it really wasn't, Coffee just tended to imagine a lot of things-- so it wouldn't be a problem at all. The map, on the other hand, was handed to her upside-down, something that elicited a grin from the stoic girl as she pored over that as well. That would probably be why he couldn't understand a thing, she thought. Handing back both sheets of paper to him, Coffee placed them in the other's hands the right way up, pointing out a few places they were going to have to go to. Briefly realizing that he had understood her, the Heist mentally filed away the brownie points Flynn was gaining. It was nice to have someone understand what she was saying once in a while.

Nodding at appropriate intervals as the Flynn spoke-- the independence part made her laugh; independence was something she liked, after all-- Coffee tugged on the boy's sleeve, directing his attention to the Weasley's Wizarding Wheeze with a raised brow after the last part of his sentence. She was sure the magic they would all be learning was a bit more fascinating than that, although street magic was pretty fine in itself. It was a fine example of magic, wasn't it? And the commotion always going on around it was certainly magical. Hoping it would have gotten rid of his skepticism, Coffee hoisted her backpack up higher, pointing to the list of supplies and the map in Flynn's hands. Where to first, then?

m i l k , t w o s u g a r s u s e t h e r o a s t - - -
d i a g o n a l l e y s t r e e t s ✖
m e m y s e l f a n d i ✖
s a n d
n e u t r a l ✖
s i n g l e ✖

Forks Anonymous

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games