Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Why the big Deal? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Love?
  And Peace!!!
View Results

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:53 am
teh sexiful nerdy
I believe that homosexuality is a mental disease and a sin.

I'm not sure under what denomination of Christianity you fall under but that statement according what I have been taught is completely false.

Being homosexual isn't a sin, homosexual acts are a sin. The Church recognizes that homosexuality isn't always a choice made by the person. (thats why so many people stay in the closet) They have also said that homosexuals are called to remain a chaste lifestyle meaning they are Christians, they are just told not act on their sexual urges just like they tell the rest of the world who isn't married. Having an attraction to a member of the same gender isn't a sin. Acting on those feelings are a sin The root of homosexuality has yet to be discovered so saying its a mental disease is purely speculation.

teh sexiful nerdy
however, I do beleive that you cannot be homosexual and be christian. The bible states the that homosexuality is wrong (Leviticus). In fact, the commandment that is against adultery includes relations with someone who is not your spouse, and fornication with someone to whom you are not married. And, since according to the bible marriage is for a man and a woman, homosexuality is automatically wrong.

You have interpreted the Bible incorrectly.

Leviticus 18:22
Quote:
'And with a man you shall not lie with as a man lies with a woman; it is an abomination.'

Yes it is referring to homosexuals, but it is clearly stating that fornication between an man and man is an abomination. It says nothing like 'And with a man you shall not see as a man lies with a woman.' to base your point of homosexuality as a sin.

Leviticus 20:13
Quote:
'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.'

Once again it is referring to homosexual acts. Not homosexual attraction.

The only thing I agree with in your post is your belief that homosexual marriage is a sin. That in fact is true. Marriage is meant for the union of a man and a woman. According to the God, a man simply can't marry another man to justify themselves as a married couple therefore allowing them to fornicate sin-free. Once again this goes back to my original point: Homosexual acts are a sin, not homosexuality itself.

I love you to death dear but your views on homosexuality are a bit misguided. I was personally offended because your basically damning half of my friends to hell.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:18 am
Oh man, I'm not even gonna touch this topic, I'll just watch the fun. biggrin  

- S i r - D e m i -

Haha6977

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:36 am
still, people can make their own mistakes. I live and let die. Homosexuality isn't something that should really be ripped on. It is almost as bad as racism...really. who cares if somebody wants to do that? I mean, if they keep it concealed, who really cares? I don't. Why should anyone else? B/c a religion says so? good grief. If everyone listened to that, We'd have the second crusades. Not to mention, I thought these religions are supposed to be all nice and stuff.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:58 am
- S i r - D e m i -
Oh man, I'm not even gonna touch this topic, I'll just watch the fun. biggrin
True true, I get enought crap from my blog xd  

Thanatos Phoenix

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:20 am
angel_half82
This is exactly why I'm agnostic. Its so easy.

no, that's why you say "hey! honey! what am i again?"

and then i say "you're agnostic, dear."

and then you say "oh, right, right..."

xd  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:30 am
O_o  

Wearyshadow

Haha6977

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:14 am
LOL! xd Hilarity ensues in the What's The Big Deal thread. Gotta love that.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:43 pm
shinsevenx
still, people can make their own mistakes. I live and let die. Homosexuality isn't something that should really be ripped on. It is almost as bad as racism...really. who cares if somebody wants to do that? I mean, if they keep it concealed, who really cares? I don't. Why should anyone else? B/c a religion says so? good grief. If everyone listened to that, We'd have the second crusades. Not to mention, I thought these religions are supposed to be all nice and stuff.

Why should they have to keep it concealled? They have as much right as anyone else to open about their sexuality, and if they want to disclose it they are entitled to the benefits of that disclosure  

Iconised Ghost

Haha6977

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:42 pm
The only reason why I said that is b/c I know that ppl like to pick on them b/c they do not conceal it. I really don't care either way.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff