Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
TREVOR WAS BANNED AGAIN. (Update: recovering my avatar) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:27 am
Metalic_Noodles

BULLSHIT

HORSE s**t

Hell, even dog s**t.

WTF? I wonder if it would be bad for you to re submit it, but edited to include a few times that you would like an explination worthy of yours as to why it's denied if it is.

Also, what did the BBB say?

~Metalic_Noodles

Haven't gone to them yet. I was waiting for gaia's response first. If I can prove that gaia failed to actually address my inquiry (in particular, the gaia cash that was stored on my account), then I have actual reason to go to the BBB. In other words, things are still going according to plan.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:32 am

*hugs* How'd you get so smart? *idolized*

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:14 am
Well you're ever the popular one trevor lol. I'm very sorry for your troubles though with what sound like incompetant ppl in charge. I'm not on a whole lot but when i am i always try to see what's happened to ya because there's always something in the works with you. I'm in a good mood after donating to the cause you're fun and too smart lol. I read the whole thread and the letter. Hope the gift helps and hope this big bullshit scenario improves. smile I'll be checking back off and on to see what happens good luck.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:59 am
Awww Trevor!! I kinda know how you feel. I just got unbanned!!! 8+ months ago i tried to log on and to find out i was banned. after months of trying to figure out why, i got a answer that i was banned for "Botting" but I never ever did that before nor did i know what botting was. So fustrating. Then last week i tried to get on Gaia for the heck of it. And suddenly im unbanned. No letter of apology no explaination. neutral

Is that what their jobs for? To ban ppl randoming for wrong reasons? They need to get their system fixed up.  

KhloeLouvaris

Thief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:34 pm
Opinion poll time:

I'm going to create a new account, though I'm still debating if I should just go with a completely new identity, or create a third Awiergan account.

Creating a new identity would mean a clean slate. And with a dynamic IP, they'd have no way to link it to my old account.

Alternatively, I could go with another "Awiergan" account. This means they'd know who I was, but I'd be able to juice my last banning for some more publicity, and I wouldn't have to put up with the "who do you think you are" disrespect that new members get.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:41 pm
would it be beneficial to do both?  

Iconised Ghost

Thief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:51 pm
Iconised Ghost
would it be beneficial to do both?

Wouldn't work. They'd have the same IP address. While my IP changes often, it would be the same between the two accounts if I ever used them simultaneously (or even within a short time of each other). And dynamic IP's and proxies don't get along.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:11 am

I would think you'd be on the one that is a clean slate more, so that one on your computer. Here's the kicker, school or library, post on the account for publisising your banning. mrgreen

You may not post on that account connected to your bannings, including in this guild, but logging in once a week or so or even every few days, to check the threads you made and make fancy responces... hehehe

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Thief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:51 am
Metalic_Noodles

I would think you'd be on the one that is a clean slate more, so that one on your computer. Here's the kicker, school or library, post on the account for publisising your banning. mrgreen

You may not post on that account connected to your bannings, including in this guild, but logging in once a week or so or even every few days, to check the threads you made and make fancy responces... hehehe

~Metalic_Noodles

Sounds like the best idea so far.

Or, for the lulz, I could create an account named "I wanna be like Awiergan". The name would imply that I wasn't Awiergan, yet everyone would still know that it was actually me, but the mods would have no way to prove it. Doing so might provoke the mods, though. >.< It'd at least make them more suspicious.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:59 pm
lol! i like the idea. and yeah i guess probably just use the brand new account. but i donno. can always just use the new account whole new name tell a handful of friends. although i donno how hard it is for the "powers that be" (lulz) to leave you alone but.. hell i donno how you're going to pull off being plain jane on a new toon. ppl will be lyke "hoo dis smart jackass tink he is hacker!".. sucks just don't want to see trevor /aweirgan disapear to who knows land. new name and just tell us? it uhh could work for a liiiiil while biggrin ... maybe...  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Thief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:50 pm
Either way, I have to wait till I'm back on a dynamic IP before I can create a new account. If I do it now they'll know exactly who I am.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:22 pm

I just realized, dynamic=dial-up doesn't it? But the dial-up IP, only the end changes...

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Thief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:14 pm
Metalic_Noodles

I just realized, dynamic=dial-up doesn't it? But the dial-up IP, only the end changes...

~Metalic_Noodles

Dial-up is a type of dynamic IP, but not all dynamic IP's are dial-up. For example, I'm on T3. In addition, dial-up only changes every time you reconnect. Mine changes every few minutes (which makes some gaming and p2p impossible), though the benefits occasionally outweigh the cost.

I'll try to explain.
This isn't exactly common knowledge, so I'm not completely sure how all this works, but here's my understanding:

Your IP address is actually two addresses. The first part is the network address (where you are), and the second part is your personal address (who you are). The addresses are divided by a subnet mask, which you don't see.

For instance, if your address is 192.134.27.45, and your subnet is 255.255.255.0, then your network address is (192.134.27).0, and your personal address is 0.0.0.(45). With this configuration, you have only 255 possible different IP addresses you can receive as a dynamic IP address.

Larger networks subnet differently. I'm on a network with ~30,000 people. So, for instance, my subnet might be 255.255.0.0 This would mean that my network address is (192.134).0.0, and my personal address is 0.0.(27.45). As there are 255 possibilities for each quarter of the address, this means that I have 255*255 different possible IP addresses that I can receive, or 65025. Since the last TWO parts change, instead of just one part, it's MUCH less likely that gaia could ever figure out who I was, especially considering that there are potentially hundreds of gaians who share the same network address, as our network is so large.

xp I've thought this through. The only way gaia could EVER figure out who I was would be if I somehow did something illegal on the site (as the site could then send a subpoena to the university demanding my personal identity.)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:23 pm
Well whatever you decide on it'll still be cool to have you around. The most interesting person on the net if I do say so myself.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:43 am
Thief
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

Dial-up is a type of dynamic IP, but not all dynamic IP's are dial-up. For example, I'm on T3. In addition, dial-up only changes every time you reconnect. Mine changes every few minutes (which makes some gaming and p2p impossible), though the benefits occasionally outweigh the cost.

I'll try to explain.
This isn't exactly common knowledge, so I'm not completely sure how all this works, but here's my understanding:

Your IP address is actually two addresses. The first part is the network address (where you are), and the second part is your personal address (who you are). The addresses are divided by a subnet mask, which you don't see.

For instance, if your address is 192.134.27.45, and your subnet is 255.255.255.0, then your network address is (192.134.27).0, and your personal address is 0.0.0.(45). With this configuration, you have only 255 possible different IP addresses you can receive as a dynamic IP address.

Larger networks subnet differently. I'm on a network with ~30,000 people. So, for instance, my subnet might be 255.255.0.0 This would mean that my network address is (192.134).0.0, and my personal address is 0.0.(27.45). As there are 255 possibilities for each quarter of the address, this means that I have 255*255 different possible IP addresses that I can receive, or 65025. Since the last TWO parts change, instead of just one part, it's MUCH less likely that gaia could ever figure out who I was, especially considering that there are potentially hundreds of gaians who share the same network address, as our network is so large.

xp I've thought this through. The only way gaia could EVER figure out who I was would be if I somehow did something illegal on the site (as the site could then send a subpoena to the university demanding my personal identity.)

Why isn't it always dynamic?

You keep saying you have to wait to get it dynamic, are they changing something?
If the dynamic thing is forced, there must be many people whining about lack of p2p gaming ability, event htough they should only be doing school stuff on the net. (I think some schools have rules like that so they can't get into deep trouble when some kid does something illegal)

~Metalic_Noodles

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces