1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Other-Please specify
45%
 45%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 159

Vaidurya

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:08 am
Pagan. My beliefs are a combination of many things, including Celtic, Wiccan, Norse, and beliefs I've just found to make sense (though some are just romantic meanderings). For example, when a person dies, their soul returns to a heavenly body--the sun for men, the moon for women--but if they met their soulmate during their lifetime, their will birth a new star in memorandum of the love they shared. Yeah, it's kind of cheesy, but I like it. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:45 pm
NomNomNominal
ThisEmptySoul
The idea that God does not have a form {or body rather} seems to be an idea growing in popularity with those that believe in God. My spouse's father, who is also a Christian, also believes that God is formless I think. He also believes in evolution and reincarnation.

Though I don't fully agree with it, I find it interesting that people are gradually letting go of the idea that God is an old man that lives in the sky.
blaugh

Hmm... so do you agree with a God that is more human-like or are you thinking more about some third alternative?
I believe God exists in many forms simultaneously, but His "human-like" form is the superior form. However, although I believe He has a "human-like" form, I do not believe He is an old man in the sky.... not -our- sky anyway blaugh Rather, I believe He has the looks of a young man.... probably no more than 16 {after all, if you had all the powers of God, would you want to be old?}, and resides in the spiritual sky, which would be a planet in another universe: Goloka.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:01 pm
ThisEmptySoul
NomNomNominal
ThisEmptySoul
The idea that God does not have a form {or body rather} seems to be an idea growing in popularity with those that believe in God. My spouse's father, who is also a Christian, also believes that God is formless I think. He also believes in evolution and reincarnation.

Though I don't fully agree with it, I find it interesting that people are gradually letting go of the idea that God is an old man that lives in the sky.
blaugh

Hmm... so do you agree with a God that is more human-like or are you thinking more about some third alternative?
I believe God exists in many forms simultaneously, but His "human-like" form is the superior form. However, although I believe He has a "human-like" form, I do not believe He is an old man in the sky.... not -our- sky anyway blaugh Rather, I believe He has the looks of a young man.... probably no more than 16 {after all, if you had all the powers of God, would you want to be old?}, and resides in the spiritual sky, which would be a planet in another universe: Goloka.

lol. In a way, that does make more sense than that "old man" image. I wonder what my brother thinks of that (might be a while though, we're in different countries with HUGE timezone gap). Thanks for the insight.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:30 am
NomNomNominal
{after all, if you had all the powers of God, would you want to be old?}

O_o
What does physical appearances have to do with some divine power? I really have to disagree with both of you about this.
If I had all the powers of god and some strange urge for physical manifestation, it would definitely not be 16-year old kid. xp Sorry.  

Veddhartha

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:14 am
happykeiko
I'm atheist.

I was raised in a Christian family, though. I went to church for years and did a lot with various Christian organizations until I realized that it was not for me.

I like art and science ^_^ heart
I do not fully understand this last part. Are you saying that Christianity is not for you -because- you like art and science or is that a separate and unrelated statement? If it's the former, I must say that it makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever that one cannot be religious if they like art and science sweatdrop You would have to explain how that works to me.

I understand if you do not want to be religious... it's the part about art and science being related to not being religious that confuses me.

Veddhartha
O_o
What does physical appearances have to do with some divine power? I really have to disagree with both of you about this.
If I had all the powers of god and some strange urge for physical manifestation, it would definitely not be 16-year old kid. xp Sorry.
The powers that God has allows Him to have any appearance that He desires. Perhaps you would not want to look 16, but that does not mean God would not. That aside, God has many forms.... a 16 year old is not the only form He has, but in my religion it is considered His highest form.

I think the idea that God is an old man came from the fact that a lot of people would have a hard time taking a teenager seriously. Many have the preconceived notion that only with age can one be wise.... and since God is said to be wise, there is no way He could be so young. But something that seems to often be forgotten when trying to visualize God in a physical form is that He is not limited like we are. He can be wise while maintaining the looks of a teenager.... He can be an infant if He wants, and He has been {if you look up images of Krishna, you will find pictures of Him as an infant and child}. The form He manifests to people depends on what they are most willing to accept Him as and how they want to interact with Him.

Of course, this is all coming from my view point as a Hindu. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:43 pm
My spiritual beliefs are a little unorthodox. Essentially I'm a pagan christian. I believe in the Old Ones of the world, but I also believe that the Oldest One sent Jesus to die for our sins. I also believe that Jesus was given the choice, instead of being sent to the slaughter, which helps me to accept his death and resurrection. Oddly enough, the text of the New Testement supports this belief.
It took me many years and spiritual searching to come up with this view. (By the way, I include a lot of things with the Old Ones... it's just the easiest term for me.)

Neat thing though, there is a band called Emerald Rose who performs a song, "Merry May Folk", which sums up my beliefs in a nutshell. If you like celtic/folk style music, give them a try.

ninja  

Momma Mira

ShinnyNeko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:46 pm
im interested in wicca but not currently practicing. i think its important to be at least a little knowledgeable on as many others as you can though, helps clear up misconceptions and whatnot  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:19 pm
Demona_Darchanjel
Hello all, I'm a 24 soon to be 25 year old who happens to be wiccan in a christian community. I'm curious to see what religions we geezers aspire to, and maybe open up the forum for some open minded discussions on our religion, and to hopefully connect fellow geezers with like-religion minded geezers. Please do not turn this into a religion bashing thread, I want this to be an honest discussion of religions that perhaps informs us of various world views.

As for my religion, I'm an eccletic pagan leaning towards dianic wicca. My patron deities are Athena and Diana.

I belong to NO religion. I believe religions are just crutches to comfort people who are too weak to deal with life on their own. If there were a god, I believe he would make him/herself known and not have hundreds of different religions all vying for "the truth"...  

Lucky Lass 38

Nocturne Raine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:35 pm
I would have to say I'm Agnostic with some Buddhist influence. My family isn't really that religious, aside from my grandmother (even then she was a hypocrite). My dad's pretty open about religion (he was raised Lutheran) and my mom's Theravada Buddhist. I'm pretty open to other religions as long as they don't shove their beliefs down my throat and tell me that I'm wrong, which is unfortunately common where I live.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:14 pm
I am pagan. I do not believe like or practice Wicca. I lean more towards the Ancient Greek Pantheon.  

Crimsin Kit

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:54 pm
Lucky Lass 38

I belong to NO religion. I believe religions are just crutches to comfort people who are too weak to deal with life on their own. If there were a god, I believe he would make him/herself known and not have hundreds of different religions all vying for "the truth"...

I basically have the same belief  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:54 pm
I am LDS, or Mormon.
We are staunchly Christian as in believing in God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. That said, our understanding of the nature of God is quite different from other forms of religion.
We are taught to seek truth wherever we may find it. This is the core of my personal spirituality. I love a religion that allows me gnosis, where the leaders quote from other religions to teach, and where we are encouraged to sacrifice our selfishness for the poor, rather than to enrich the leaders.
I love learning about the many truths and core values in the major world and primitive religions.
I believe that people become more loving as they worship a loving parent and try to emulate him/her, and that God in person taught Adam and Eve his nature and how to teach their children. More later if anyone's interested...  

bandaidd
Crew

Dragon student

Dangerous Survivor

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:57 pm
I'm agnostic. My fence sitting makes me cool with all religions and atheists.

This tends to make me a moderator for debates I've noticed sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:30 am
I'm christian but I am friends with a lot of self proclaimed wiccans/christians...and non believers...I believe in Jesus but I'm not a bible thumper. If people want to turn to christ and want to accept jesus as the son of god, they will do it themselves possibly with just being my friend and letting myself be an example. Most of the time I'm as good of an example I can be and that isn't always perfect. Perfection is not what I strive to be...god can finish up the details when I get there. I'm open and friendly and not judgemental, also in the best I can be.  

VodkaLeona

Seanne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:48 pm
I'm Pagan -- a Celtic Reconstructionist, to be specific. I suppose it could be referred to as Druidism, though I personally hold to the belief that it takes many years of study to earn the title of "Druid."  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff