Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:43 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
Here's annoying for ya. Going to school with someone who shares you first AND last name.

Over the intercom:"Can Chris Walker please come to the office?"
me:"Ugh, what now?"
*gets up and walks all the way to the front office*
me:"What do you want?"
Secretary:"Oh sorry, the OTHER Chris Walker"
me:*grumbles*

OR EVEN BETTER

over the intercom:"Can Chris Walker please come to the office?"
me:"This always happens, and it's never me they want to talk to."
me:*ignores*
eventually, someone shows up at the classroom angry because I didn't show up xp

These scenarios make you sound like a little delinquent, Rol... xd

@ Trish - I prefer Laurie because Laurie Beth sounds way too hickish to me. Laurie-Ann flows a lot better, though... 3nodding
I just get annoyed when people spell it "Lori" or "Lory" or "Lauri"...

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:58 pm
Well, I DID go to an alternative high school... User Image

Actually, not so much. I did get into some trouble in school, but nowhere near as much trouble as some of my friends have gotten into.

Anyway, on the subject of names. I'm finding that almost everyone has reason to hate their name xd  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:22 pm
Roland: That happened a lot to a friend of mine. He and his older brother (they're a year apart) are both named Jose (they've got like...3 or 4 Jose's in that family apparently...It was a constant joke in our pre-cal class XP). And I remember one time, they sent in some folks to give out an award for the Tennis season and they came into our math class and made a big show of it, only to have him go, '...You want my brother.' (He was a football player...in retrospect, he was rather scrawny for a a football player but oh well...)  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:26 pm
My first name's Virginia...unfortunately. You would not BELEIVE the nicknames I get from it.

My last name's Murphy, and since there's 5 differant Murphys in my sophomore class and I'm the only female, I'm known as "The Murphy-b***h."

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

124-C

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:27 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
Anyway, on the subject of names. I'm finding that almost everyone has reason to hate their name xd

Not at all, I'm quite happy being Aaron Kelly [Redacted]. The name has served me well over the years.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:29 pm
invisible-weirdo
Roland: That happened a lot to a friend of mine. He and his older brother (they're a year apart) are both named Jose (they've got like...3 or 4 Jose's in that family apparently...It was a constant joke in our pre-cal class XP). And I remember one time, they sent in some folks to give out an award for the Tennis season and they came into our math class and made a big show of it, only to have him go, '...You want my brother.' (He was a football player...in retrospect, he was rather scrawny for a a football player but oh well...)

A real life Pete and Pete...?! O:

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:39 pm

My little brother was one of 5 Mikes/Michaels in his grade (about 40 kids). : D Quite often they all ended up in the same class.

Even though he was the only one who didn't spell his name "Michael" (of course not...no one in my family could have a normal ******** name), he still signs stuff "From, Mike J.M."

He's 19 now. xD

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:48 pm
@Panny and Aretoo Thanks whee *hugs both* I think my name just bugs me because it ALWAYS misspelled... Every teacher I've had (except maybe two) have spelled it "Sylvia" my name isnt ugly... just annoying to have at times >_< thats why I dont like my name much, or at least some of the time  

PandyChibi

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:13 pm
@Rol - I happen to like my name actually. It's a plain name, but it's simple. I like things that are simple...

@Pandy - I can see how that's annoying for you Pandy... As for me, whereas my first name is simple, my last name " Scheidler " was always hell for teachers to try and pronounce for some reason. I thought it was funny.

@Blu - The Murphy b***h? You just got a new nickname here.. At least from me Murphy b***h biggrin

Speaking of Nicknames, I don't remember how I got it, but I acquired the nickname " GT " during high school. GT stands for Gorilla Tits... Also, everyone from that school knew me as GT, no one but my friends knew who Justin Scheidler was >_< I was like a ******** superhero or something, but mainly I was known because I was always drunk or high as a kite on multiple drugs during classes...  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:29 pm
@Panny Your last name doesnt seem to hard to pronounce... but then again I'm used to long and difficult names. I've heard so many ways to pronounce my last name that have been used by solicitors. It makes me laugh, its horrid. They add so many letters and it doesnt even make any sense sometimes. xd Meh, I'm difficult though. You'd think I'd get over it but I guess it only seems to annoy me more. What's worse, though, is that the teacher that always spells my name perfectly is the one who rarely has to write my name (my band teacher). >_<  

PandyChibi

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:33 pm
I just call him Justin Schlong. ;D

As for Pandy's new nickname, Sliver! :3 Like the magic card. biggrin

And Tenny isn't bad at all... Don't ya think? Hehehe.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:38 pm
@Jaft Sliver, eh? Well that one's new xd  

PandyChibi

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:39 pm
I'll think of new nicks for everyone. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:42 pm
My first name is Sydney...and I hate it sometimes really.
Everyone always thinks I'm saying Cindy ...gets to the point now where I don't bother correcting them. I've never met anyone who can spell it correctly ..it or my last name ..hell people can't even pronounce my last name I guess because it's ridiculous enough to make them think that it couldn't possibly be pronounced the way it's spelled. -_- But, I ain't tellin' none of y'all my last name. It was embarrassing enough to have kids in school find out what it is, so yeah.

Anyways, I go by Ned or Syd...or if I'm thinking to myself sometimes just Ala. xp  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

124-C

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:45 pm
Jaft
I'll think of new nicks for everyone. biggrin

This frightens me...  
Community Lounge