Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
'True anime fans' would support the industry! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to watch the Greg Ayres and/or the Nabeshin panel's?
  Yes.
View Results

Fluffy Miffin

Precious Sweetheart

10,225 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:51 am
I love anime a lot. Heck its me and my best friends future career. But, I agree with you. If I made a anime I would rather have someone buy it from then "thieve" it. =( I mean I know for sure that anime creators spend a lot of time and hard work into their anime's. I'm sure they don't like this "thieving" also. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:15 am
Darkness beyond twilight,

they most certainly don't like it 3nodding

Crimson beyond blood that flows.

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:55 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:59 pm
YennonCrow

You're completely incorrect. Anime has been pulled off of networks all around the world, not just AdultSwim. It isn't America's fault. Its people like you who are at fault. What makes you say the industry is doing well? I had a friend who worked for FUNimation, and she too says the industry isn't doing well! Kyo Kara Maoh was cancelled because it doesn't have the funding to continue, Nabeshin says he has ideas for new manga's/anime's but can't get the funding to create them, Manga creators are starting to speak out on people who read scanlations and begging us to stop stealing their work. If it was doing well, Greg Ayres - an anime voice actor, someone who works FOR the industry, would NOT have started doing panels on anime piracy if the industry wasn't in danger!!

I simply listed those questions, because they are the most commonly asked questions by anime fans.

And do you not read the FBI warning on anime?? If you pirate any show/movie you can receive a $250k fine, if caught!

... mad
Um.. Did you just make an Excel Saga reference? and yea, I can understand where everyone has their panties in an uproar.
but like.. what ever happened to doing it for the fans, NOT for money? It's like, the way I see it with music, the RIAA and other companies like the RIAA are all butthurt because they aren't making money. It's not all about the money. Remember, we made all the artists famous. Same with anime: We are the consumer. We have the power. If we don't like something, we don't buy. We can cause the downfall. I don't know to be honest. Also, note that you said "if caught". When I'm able to start spending $300 for anime, then I'll stop downloading anime. Actually, I'm kinda forced to stop now, since BXT has kinda died. ;-;
In adition, even though I know that downloading anime is illegal and against the law, torrenting isn't. As long as I've got official licenced product, then I'm not breaking rules.

In other news, You, good ma'am, are an orange. >:3  

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:56 am
AssNinja4759
YennonCrow

You're completely incorrect. Anime has been pulled off of networks all around the world, not just AdultSwim. It isn't America's fault. Its people like you who are at fault. What makes you say the industry is doing well? I had a friend who worked for FUNimation, and she too says the industry isn't doing well! Kyo Kara Maoh was cancelled because it doesn't have the funding to continue, Nabeshin says he has ideas for new manga's/anime's but can't get the funding to create them, Manga creators are starting to speak out on people who read scanlations and begging us to stop stealing their work. If it was doing well, Greg Ayres - an anime voice actor, someone who works FOR the industry, would NOT have started doing panels on anime piracy if the industry wasn't in danger!!

I simply listed those questions, because they are the most commonly asked questions by anime fans.

And do you not read the FBI warning on anime?? If you pirate any show/movie you can receive a $250k fine, if caught!

... mad
Um.. Did you just make an Excel Saga reference? and yea, I can understand where everyone has their panties in an uproar.
but like.. what ever happened to doing it for the fans, NOT for money? It's like, the way I see it with music, the RIAA and other companies like the RIAA are all butthurt because they aren't making money. It's not all about the money. Remember, we made all the artists famous. Same with anime: We are the consumer. We have the power. If we don't like something, we don't buy. We can cause the downfall. I don't know to be honest. Also, note that you said "if caught". When I'm able to start spending $300 for anime, then I'll stop downloading anime. Actually, I'm kinda forced to stop now, since BXT has kinda died. ;-;
In adition, even though I know that downloading anime is illegal and against the law, torrenting isn't. As long as I've got official licenced product, then I'm not breaking rules.

First off. I've never seen Excel Saga.

Secondly. All mangaka love their fans. Its why they went SO long without saying anything against fansubbers. But they're being ripped off so bad, they can't get the funding to create new animes. Yes, that's completely true. Nabeshin said it.

Third. You are NOT a consumer if you pirate anime and manga. 'Consumers' BUY things.

And for the record, anime isn't that expensive. You just prefer to steal it stare I found Slayers NEXT on RightStuf.com for $12. The complete season! THAT is a great deal. Hell, I'll even link you to it:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/RbpBXJPiYCI29dZ97C/browse/item/41587/4/2730/0

In the 80's anime cost $60 for a VHS with one to three episodes on it. YOU my 'good sir' are cheap. rolleyes

*edit*
And I just remembered something. FUNimation and BANDAI both stream anime on youtube. 'For the fans'. FUNimation also has a download to own thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:18 am
YennonCrow
AssNinja4759
YennonCrow

... mad

Secondly. All mangaka love their fans. Its why they went SO long without saying anything against fansubbers. But they're being ripped off so bad, they can't get the funding to create new animes. Yes, that's completely true. Nabeshin said it.

Third. You are NOT a consumer if you pirate anime and manga. 'Consumers' BUY things.

And for the record, anime isn't that expensive. You just prefer to steal it stare I found Slayers NEXT on RightStuf.com for $12. The complete season! THAT is a great deal. Hell, I'll even link you to it:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/RbpBXJPiYCI29dZ97C/browse/item/41587/4/2730/0

In the 80's anime cost $60 for a VHS with one to three episodes on it. YOU my 'good sir' are cheap. rolleyes

*edit*
And I just remembered something. FUNimation and BANDAI both stream anime on youtube. 'For the fans'. FUNimation also has a download to own thing.

... I'm just gonna stop before you completely own me. The way I see things, I'm loosing this battle. So tomorrow, I'm gonna go out, and buy every single anime that I can find... even if I have no money.  

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:52 am
AssNinja4759
YennonCrow
AssNinja4759
YennonCrow

... mad

*edit*

... I'm just gonna stop before you completely own me. The way I see things, I'm loosing this battle. So tomorrow, I'm gonna go out, and buy every single anime that I can find... even if I have no money.

Sounds good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:41 pm
heart  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:26 am
YennonCrow
AssNinja4759
YennonCrow
AssNinja4759
YennonCrow

... mad

*edit*

Sounds good.

Well, I pumped $500 of what little I had saved for college into the industry, I've got 10 series and the first 22 volumes of Fruits Basket on their way.
Since I'll be off at Job Corps in a few weeks, I won't need that $500. mad  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:24 pm
AssNinja4759
YennonCrow
AssNinja4759
YennonCrow
AssNinja4759
YennonCrow

... mad

*edit*

Sounds good.

Well, I pumped $500 of what little I had saved for college into the industry, I've got 10 series and the first 22 volumes of Fruits Basket on their way.
Since I'll be off at Job Corps in a few weeks, I won't need that $500. mad

... fantastic..?

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:44 pm

heart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:35 pm

heart

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:28 pm
So, just a little FYI, this is just a little taste of what I picked up on my anime splurging spree links are in ()'s:
Gantz (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxg023.html)
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxh012.html)
Love Hina (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxl003-4.html)
Mahoromatic (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxm006-7.html)
Please Teacher (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxo002.html)
Ruroni Kenshin (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxr008.html) (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxr009.html)
Samurai Champloo (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxs013.html)

It'd take forever for me to list anything, but you get the point.

Also, this is a bump for my A-P page (http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Richardoniichan/anime)
If it's on there, I approve of it. So use that as a measuring stick as to what I would rec and what I wouldn't rec.

I need to start getting ready to leave for Job Corps in 19 days, so I'm out!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:31 am
:3 Morning~  

Tranlovescookies

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:08 pm
AssNinja4759
So, just a little FYI, this is just a little taste of what I picked up on my anime splurging spree links are in ()'s:
Gantz (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxg023.html)
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxh012.html)
Love Hina (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxl003-4.html)
Mahoromatic (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxm006-7.html)
Please Teacher (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxo002.html)
Ruroni Kenshin (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxr008.html) (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxr009.html)
Samurai Champloo (http://www.animespectrum.com/fxs013.html)

It'd take forever for me to list anything, but you get the point.

Also, this is a bump for my A-P page (http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Richardoniichan/anime)
If it's on there, I approve of it. So use that as a measuring stick as to what I would rec and what I wouldn't rec.

I need to start getting ready to leave for Job Corps in 19 days, so I'm out!

Is that a legit anime site..? I can't help but notice that the covers of the animes I'm seeing aren't the same covers I've seen and bought off RightStuf.com or FastFoodAnime.com... they DO provide their address and phonenumber. BUT. When I read the Slayers season 1 page, it says it comes in English and Chinese subs. Chinese?? The legit stuff doesn't do that.

I've sent them an email. If they don't answer, I'll just assume they're another counterfeit site -.- bastards.

You didn't buy off that site, did you..? I doubt you supported the industry at all neutral check for the logos. Melancholy of Haruhi should have the BANDAI logo. The only one I recall off the top of my head.

☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces