Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Is cussing a sin? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tigcat2

Mewling Prophet

11,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:03 pm
Xx to save a life xX
well i do think its a sin but not the most deadly. because i beleive that the original word of "cuss" is basicly just a word that has been mestup in the past a long time ago which cam from the real word curse. and well i dont rly wanna go araound cursing ppl i mean like if u wouldnt kill a person then dont curse them cuz thats like almost no different. u can cuss BUT u MUST ask for forgiveness. 3nodding

Sin is sin! No sin is greater then the next! They're all equal in God's eyes!

No no no!! Don't think of it like that! Just no! You can, per say, but in God's Book, it says NO! A big, fat, NO! So don't do it, then go repent, then do it again. Doesn't work like that!

[[Quoted an old post x3 Felt like I needed to though.]]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:26 pm
Cant touch Kit
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX
well i do think its a sin but not the most deadly. because i beleive that the original word of "cuss" is basicly just a word that has been mestup in the past a long time ago which cam from the real word curse. and well i dont rly wanna go araound cursing ppl i mean like if u wouldnt kill a person then dont curse them cuz thats like almost no different. u can cuss BUT u MUST ask for forgiveness. 3nodding
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

sin is sin is sin is sin! there is NOT one sin that is greater than any other sin. The wages of ALL sin is death.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

You are so right! There is no such thing as a tiny sin, sin is sin and sin leads to death...it says so in the KJV bible!

Not necessarily, there are some sins that God really hates. I've read the bible about sin, and there are some sins that God says are an "abomination" as to where others are just sin, granted they all lead to death, but I believe there are some stronger than others.  

SilverInk Awakening

1,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:37 pm
BlackWind Arise
Cant touch Kit
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX

sin is sin is sin is sin! there is NOT one sin that is greater than any other sin. The wages of ALL sin is death.

You are so right! There is no such thing as a tiny sin, sin is sin and sin leads to death...it says so in the KJV bible!

Not necessarily, there are some sins that God really hates. I've read the bible about sin, and there are some sins that God says are an "abomination" as to where others are just sin, granted they all lead to death, but I believe there are some stronger than others.

How is one worse than another when they all lead to Hell and earthly consiquinces as well?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:17 pm
Well I see alot of people posted verses from the book, but of course you cannot use the Lord's name in vain, and you cannot cuss your ememies because you have to love them.  

Pitlang

SilverInk Awakening

1,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:19 pm
gothic_black_rose
BlackWind Arise
Cant touch Kit
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX

How is one worse than another when they all lead to Hell and earthly consiquinces as well?

Some could lead you to Hell faster.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:26 pm
gothic_black_rose
BlackWind Arise
Cant touch Kit
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX

You're right, the end result for all sin is the same, they all lead away from God, but some sins are more severe than others. There are such things as "small sins" and "big sins". God is not so black and white in His judgement and punishment to man because His children are not black and white. You cannot totally think in the black and white until you have the knowledge of ALL things right and wrong. God does know ALL things, but we as humans do not, so therefore God will not judge us as if we did know all things right and wrong, but only to our knowledge that we have gained in this life and the works thereof. There are those who have a testimony of Christ, if they sin and deny that testimony, backslide enough to lose salvation, they will be punished more severely than the person who did not know Christ at all. The unforgivable sin, blashephemy against the Holy Ghost, is the worst sin. Christ even said so Himself.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

zhiliolia

Greedy Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:52 am
only if you use the Lord's name in vain. Regular swear words are only swear words because some etiquette people said so.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff