Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Hogwarts Express Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:13 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
pre-thrid year - ravenclaw
hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Finally releasing Colton's hand from her affectionate hostage, she smiled to the both of them (focusing on Tristain with caring, molten eyes) and began to reach for the remainder of her luggage to stow it away below the train's compartments. With only Hermes and a small purse magicked to contain a near library-full of books, she rose up the out-places steps into the train, leading their group. Quickly finding an empty compartment near a window over looking where both Mr and Mrs Raines stood, she slipped in and placed her things in a corner.
Glancing out the window again as the two Raines children followed her in, she momentarily imagined her own family standing on the platform waving her off. Seeing her depart for the other part of her life she could never really share or help them understand.
A stray thought wandered in its exaggeration and lodged itself in front of her eyes for the length of a heartbeat. Two figures, a man and a woman, standing shoulder to shoulder waving their good byes to her. Smiles on their faces eager light in their eyes. A woman with red hair such as her's and a man with pale skin and dark eyes. They were faceless, apart from those attributes, and when Phi blinked, they vanished. The fleeting lapse of imagination for what her parents, biological and true, would have been like. A cold lump became present in her stomach as she rethought what her mind had just shown her.
She had never before been curious about her origins apart from her blood significance.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:45 pm
User Image
{"I just have to keep telling myself..."}'-,,-'{ Elizabeth Marie Belding }'-,,-'{"...I'm not as alone as I feel."}
[ Third-year ; Hufflepuff ]

Lizzy eye's brightened an a smile slid on her face as Yia changed his appearance.
"Wow, I've never actually known a metaphorph before." She said endearingly before Woil introduced the both of them; she noted how much more level-headed Woil seemed over his brother. Yup, definitely the oldest, he thought before following his gaze out the window for a moment. She wondered what was behind those piercing blue eyes; what had him so distracted, but knew it wasn't her place to pry.

When Yia finally called out to him in attempt to pull him from his thoughts, it managed to pull Lizzy from her own as well. She glanced back at Yia for a moment, and satisfied that talking to these two was a step in the right direction, she was ready to move on and find a comfortabe cabin space.
"It was nice to meet you both,.." She replied kindly, moving past them carefully. "but I need to find a place so I can let Delice have some fresh air."
She nodded towards the metal tin she carried.
"I'm sure I'll see you later." She added, glancing at Woil one last time before pressing on.

She didn't go far, but wasn't certain how far she'd come either. She essentially chose a cabin at randomn but didn't expect to see anybody inside.
"Oh, I'm sorry; Is this cabin taken?" She asked, looking inside at the white-haired boy inside. She lingered there for a moment, unsure how to handle this impasse other than turning about and leaving him be. Still, she was almost certain she recognized him from the Hufflepuff common-room.

Her gaze lingered on him for a moment, before the name found her.
"Allen Rhodes, right? -- Sorry we're in the same house; I remember you from last year."
She paused, realizing she might be intruding more than she intended.
"Anyways -- Sorry to bother you, I'll find another booth."

~-~*-----*-----*~-~
User Image
~-~-~-~-~

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:58 pm
User Image
pre-third year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

¦¦
Allen had just opened the latch on Poe's cage and let him jump out and onto the thick fabric of the boy's robes covering his arm. He could feel the sharp talons pressing on the cloth as they would have been into his skin if not for the fabric. As his mind began to wander aimlessly towards thoughts of how the owl hunted and killed its prey, the sound of his compartment's door opening made him glance up.
A rather pretty girl was standing in the opening with a light smile on her face. He vaguely recognized her as being from his house, and even attaching a name to her face. "Elizabeth Belding, right? And yep, that's me." he nodded warmly at her inquiry.
"Oh, no bother. Sit down if you would like." he offered, motioning to the vacant seat opposite him.
"I doubt I will have any company later on, anyway." he muttered, voice attempting to be kept even to keep it from cracking as it had often been doing so in the past few months.
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:02 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Third Year

User Image Jessica boarded the enchanted train with her friend, Charlotte Hattington, practically arm in arm smiling at her. As the young Slytherin guided the Hufflepuff to one of the unoccupied booths, "So Kat, tell me more about how your summer went?"  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Ecstatic, Anxious
What I am doing: Looking out the window at the passengers boarding
What I want to be doing: Talking to that girl

Jayden had just gotten through the barrier and went to board the train. He loved the look of this train. It was a nice, really big sort of train. It was definitely one of a kind and never seen before. He made his way to the engine's entrance and he slowly went through it, boarding the train and picking a cabin to sit in. He decided to sit alone for he didn't want to see Devin flirt with Annabelle, or at least try.

He was anxious. He wanted to be sorted into Gryffindor, but really didn't know what he was going to be sorted in. It was really nervewrecking. He really needed something to release the pressures off his shoulder, and Devin and Annabelle was not it. Someone to talk to would be better; however, he was too afraid to leave the cabin and it get taken by other passengers. So, he just casually looked out the window, watching the many people get on. He had saw the one girl from before board earlier too. He really wondered who she was honestly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:41 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton followed Phi onto the train and down the slim corridor, feeling a little more empty as their hands left one another. Slipping inside the compartment she chose with only Hemlock's cage in his hands, he took a seat beside her and looked out onto the platform. He could see his parents had already spotted him, their eyes locked on the train as they waited for it to pull away.

A small smile appeared on his lips as he watched Tristain climb up onto the booth across from them with nothing but her tiny orange kitten in her lap - who's name he had already forgotten. She always had a habit of choosing unique pet names. This time, for instance, she had chosen the word 'orange' in another language, but seeing as Colton didn't know any other languages, he knew he would have a hard time with this one. Just one more reason why she belonged in Ravenclaw.
"How do you pronounce his name again?" He asked politely, as if pronunciation was his only problem.
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:50 pm
User Image
User Image

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
User Image
Those unique green eyes now burned into the back of her head, Tristain made her way through the Train, clutching Komala tight in her arms. When their room was decided upon, she boosted herself up onto the empty seat across from her brother, scooting close enough to the window to begin waving vigorously at her parents.

Before she could begin wondering about what she might face in the next few hours, Colton's deep voice echoed through out the large compartment. Squinting her eyes at him sarcastically as if she were angered, or perhaps disappointed by his question, she answered him in a calm voice.
"Her name is Komala. Perhaps I'll write it down for you when we get to the castle so you'll quit asking me." Her smile grew larger until she was on the verge of bursting into laughter, but she managed to hold it back. She then allowed her gaze to wander as she studied the room, eventually letting it linger on the door.

User Image
"In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool."

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:06 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Sixth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

►The man... The mystery... The legend...◄

William boarded the train and began his search for the girl his sister had asked him to find, muttering under his breath. He longed to locate his girlfriend and relax with her before they made their way to Hogwarts, but his sister had made him swear that he would deliver something for her. The girl she described should be hard to miss, he remembered. As he passed rooms, he finally spotted the red head. Stopping outside their cabin, he knocked lightly on the door. She was sitting with a Gryffindor boy he recognized as Colton Raines and a younger, female version of Colton. Will cleared his throat. "Phinelia?" he asked, then continued. "Sorry to interrupt but I have a letter from Tamara Radcliffe to be delivered to Ronyo. Could you bring it to him?"

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:07 pm
Cathryn O'Malley
Hogwarts Second-Year:
Ravenclaw

User Image

Cat made it onto the train, still searching for familiar faces, particularly Tay. She couldn't find him anywhere. She made her way up and down the train several times, and finally gave up, choosing to ride in an empty compartment, hoping that Ethan, Devin, Seren, or Tay would show up and sit with her. In the meantime, she decided to read.

-Rowena-

-Maximus-

Age:12 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses:None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:20 pm
Devin Anthony Cloud

Hufflepuff-2nd Year

User Image
"Everything is Possible"

"Experimentation is the best learning for me"

"Quidditch is my life, and always will be"

Devin had just gone through the barrier that led to the train station. He was glad he didn't have the barrier seal off on him. He had just got on in time honestly; because he almost missed it. He knew that his parents would kill him if that ever were to happen. If only they were here to see the two boys off. No...they both worked at this time, but somehow, his brother Arnold, who is an Auror, found the time to see them off. Devin was really starting to think that only Arnold really cared about him specifically. Everyone in the family loved Jayden, being the baby of the family. But Arnold saw something different in Devin that none of the others saw...and that was major potential. Arnold knew that Devin could be just as good as he ever was. Devin was glad to have him as an older brother honestly. He wouldn't know what he would do if he wasn't.

Soon enough Devin found his little brother sitting in a cabin alone, pretty much just looking out the window. Jayden had waved to Arnold, probably wishing his parents were here to see this moment, but Devin knew how it felt. They weren't there for his first departure either. It was Arnold and Crystal last time. He really hoped that his parents would one day come to his departure and wave to him just like the other kid's parents did. He really wondered if anybody shared this experience with him. He just has to be thankful that he has parents. Some people do not even have those to look after him.

"You ready kid?" Devin asked his brother, a smile covering his true demeanor. He didn't want Jayden to see that he was upset too; just to make sure that Jayden did not grow upset. They were a year apart, but they could feel if the other was sad just by speech; so Devin covered it up the best he could.

Mood: Disappointed Location: Express Relationship Status: Single

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:32 pm
¯``•• .¸¸.•´Although me and my brother have the same face...

User Image

Logan Frostmourne

First Year☾ Unsorted ☾Parseltongue

Logan followed after Roi, his mind filled with thoughts of his twin. Noticing Roi paused at a door he stepped forward and opened it. "Here you go Roi." He said. 'Where is Lucas?' he thought with a frown. He followed Roi into the train compartment.

¯``•• .¸¸.•´We can never be more different...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:42 pm
Hogwarts Express User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Third Year

Ronyo had found a cabin early on to hopefully secure it for his friends when they came through. However Ronyo came to realize that as he had not made himself known to his friends so early on they might not be thinking he would already be on board. Which might lead to them finding a cabin and waiting on him. The notion was amusing enough for Ronyo to chuckle to himself a few times as he thought about going to look for them, but he held back not wanting to lose the cabin he was not sitting in.

To say the year was starting out interestingly was putting it mildly it seemed. However there was a certain levity in the beginning of this year that the previous had lacked for some reason. It did seem everybody was expressing general outward emotions of joy and excitement at seeing old friends returning, well mostly everyone. Hopefully they could clear up any odd misunderstanding and get the year started on the right foot and find themselves a place to meet and officially establish their secret club.

Ronyo sat with his right leg perched on the seta while he spun his white hat around the inner rim. His thoughts were calmer than before as he worked to clear his mind and focus on his connections with his two wands. They had grown closer over the years and Ronyo could feel a greater ease coming with each spell and each thought of a spell. His wrist motions were becoming natural and without thought, the two wands in his hands were slowing becoming extensions of himself rather than a tool he wielded. He hoped for more practice this year but at the same time no reason to put his practice into motion. Slowly he was understanding what some of his books about warriors of old meant about seeking to perfect their craft but wishing to never need it.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:48 pm
User Image
User Image

Rosemarie sat in an empty compartment on the train. She gazed out the window not entirely sure how to feel. She would not see her family till Christmas, which was months away. "It's quiet." she said softly, unsure what to do she looked out the window again. I hope Hogwarts is amazing she thought with a smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Tyler stepped onto the train a smile on his face. He nodded in response to the McKenny twins. "Well Girls we should head to the Prefect cabin" he smiled at them. Wonder how Austin is doing? He said he was prefect this year. he thought. He looked towards the girls and smiled "So I heard Austin Brighton is a prefect for Hufflepuff." he said.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:23 pm
User Image

Riley was out of breath by the time she made it on to the train. It had taken her for ever to figure out how to get to the platform. She had observed some families running through the thing that divided the platforms of 9 and 10. She was slightly nervous as she searched for a seat. She came across a compartment and saw there was a girl that seemed about her age in it alone. Perhaps she wouldn't mind some company? Adjusting her glasses she stepped in a few inches. "Uh, excuse me? Mind if I join you?

Riley Jubilee Crevan
Unsorted First Year

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas