Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Nott Castle and Estates Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:51 pm
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

With one swooping motion, Tay linked the tight muscles of his forearms around Lucas’ neck, hauling him into a tight squeeze of a hug, all for show, as he donned the smile of his father, humble, proud and true, though in reality, was everything but. ”C’mon, Lucas, don’t you want to try and have some fun?” Tay admonished with a casual laugh, but as he veered his golden gaze to meet Cathryn, his eyes had found somebody else instead. But just as quickly, both Cathryn and the mysterious boy disappeared at once.

Now that he, and Lucas were alone, that easy-going, and almost brotherly show of affection twisted into something dangerous. His muscles, his grip, tightened to a vice around Lucas’ neck nearly cutting off all oxygen. ”There we go,” Tay whispered so no one would hear but Lucas. ”See how easy this was?” He seemed to be mocking him as he dragged the young boy down the hall and back towards the Hearth Room with Roi; but before they had, Cathryn reemerged, alone. ”Are you and your friend okay?” Tay had bothered himself to ask, only when he noticed the scowl that had grown on Ethan’s lips. But, he decided not to question it any farther, so, with his hand still promptly wrapped around Lucas’ neck, the three ventured down the West Wing until they met the Hearth Room. It only took a moment before Tay had shoved Lucas under the archway and into the wide circular room where all of Roi’s pawns waited.

Tay offered a subtle nod, before he jerked his head in the direction of Cathryn. ”If you’ll excuse me, I have duties to attend to.” Tay had repeated this, as he had had to, all summer long. With another short sweeping nod, Tay had spun on his heels, prompting Cat with a wave for her to follow along after him while he sought a way to try and rid himself of the unwanted company.

Not that it was truly unwanted, he realized with one casual glance in her direction. In truth, it was the caustic ease of happiness that paraded her that seemed to set his own nerves at ease.

And he liked it.

But still… He couldn’t ignore the need for solace, anymore. ”Your friend, Ethan, is it? The bloke seemed a bit upset, what happened?” Tay felt the casual words slip from his tongue easily enough, as his attention diverted to hear her side of the story. Feeling as unconnected before as he had now, he felt it rather odd to nod his head in agreement. ”Well, I think you should go find him, truly, there’s nothing that bothers me more than running away—

“And not being chased after.”
Tay had admitted, honestly, for reasons he’s couldn’t be sure of. Instead, he nodded, ushering for her to go down the stairs. ”I’ll be fine, besides, I’m supposed to be sitting upstairs waiting for the guests, not a lot of fun, I promise you. Hell, maybe there’s still time for you and that bloke to go to the Ballroom, there’s where everyone is.” After he was sure he had set the girl to relax, and bid her to follow her friend. Tay decidedly ventured to the one corner of the castle where he was sure he’d be alone.

Honestly, who would go looking in a library during a ball?

His thoughts became clustered, and unruly, as he recounted the flashy disappearance of that scarlet silhouette. She, the one who had come so close to his truth, he was sure he could feel her shock penetrating his bones, and that, unprecedented spicy Spanish scent that trailed along even after she’s gone. And- wait a minute-

The brows on his forehead creased and burrowed together as he jogged down the rest of the corridor into the library, hurrying past portraits and statues alike, even diving past the hall of his ancestors and their demeaning eyes until he met the high arched and medieval architectural atmosphere of the library. And all he saw was dark, flowing hair, tresses scarcely curled around shoulders. ”Knight!” Tay’s voice penetrated the silence of the library with a booming demand, and, the clattering, scratching, swivel of claws on wood rebounded across every bookcase covered wall of the room, the big, brown, bounding English Bullmastiff spurted from behind one of the maze of bookcases until he halted at Tay’s heels with big, cold, blue eyes.

”Knight, heel.” He ordered, and the near five foot tall beast stood right at his heels, following his every motion with dire consequence. ”Who are you?” He dared, his steps trailing him closer and closer, until he was only several yards away, and then the aging canine trotted forward, growling menacingly under cavernous fangs.

As Tay stepped into view of the Nott Family Tree, painted and embellished upon the finest tapestry of imported silk from Egypt. The Nott tree flourished, hundreds of heads, one as alike as the last, until they all molded into one. He spotted the conniving faces of his family; the blonde heads of the Frost’s, the molten eyes of the Flints, the haughty arrogance the Bulstrode family, the corruption of the Sever’s, the mingled affinities of the Rosier line, the brief glimpses of the Goyles, the onetime occurrence of Grindlewald’s, the glittering Veela eyes of the Primrose family, and all of the Nott’s and their children in full glory. Tay was there, at the very bottom, beside Blaire Frost, Logan and Lucas Frostmourne, and Thomas Findeler, the youths of their time, all scattered from one end to the next. Several iconic faces held purpose, some of ministry inclinations, candidates to Supreme Mugwump, officials of the Wizengamot, and various levels of fame all sparked recognition with a simple glance.

Tay stood, defiant, and cutting off the only known exit from the library. But he hadn’t seemed daring, nor brash, nor brute. His defenses were wavering, teetering over the edges and at his last breaths of patience for the day. He didn’t know who she was, why she was, or how. At the moment, none of that seemed important as he ventured further, closer. Tay stood at her side, though several yards away, staring up at the tapestry of his family and the faces he had watched but never truly seen before in silence. He never bothered to send a glance over his shoulder to face her, or to catch her identity. Right now, he didn’t care. And so long as he had no reason to care, he would never turn to look at her directly. ”Ridiculous, isn’t it?” His voice spurred forward without conscious thought.

”One big family… and the only thing connecting them are all the lies and deceit…

“Wonder if other families are the same….

“See here, Jagger Gray Nott, he’s not dead. He’s mad, he is. Bloody craven mad, even the healers couldn’t deal with him anymore, he’s in Azkaban, figured there was nowhere else for him to go.

“See there, Mary-Alice Nott, bloody witch murdered everybody on the International Confederation of Wizard to be Supreme Mugwump… turns out she poisoned herself not an hour later, mixed up the drinks she did.

“Oh, and him, Alfons Marcus Flint, great uncle, or something, his wife used to always be with my mum before she died. My da’ hated it, never knew why. Never even put Flint’s wife on the family tree, guess he thought it wouldn’t last….

“See there, Remington? He’s my uncle, he knows everything there is to know about everyone that’s worth knowing about… I only wonder what other secrets he’s been hiding…”

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: None
Mood: Wavering
╚══════════════╝

User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

[[[Gah, sorry for the super long post, and three day absence, had difficulty finding time to get online, probably won't be on tues or wed. BUT, I will be on for the rest of the week afterwards for sure, Oh, and, I'm extending this until the end of the month, give everyone something to do until Hogwarts opens up next month.]]]]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:09 pm
Please remember, this isn't how I hoped it would be
But I had to protect you from me

That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there

William Dante Nott the Second

User Image

The faces, all brimming wide with ecstatic purpose and joyful glee, were quite the sight to see as William Dante Nott the Second perused through the hallways in between the Foyer and the Ballroom, always keen upon delivering the brightest, most humble smile he could muster. Hands were shaken, and ties were rekindled, but all the while, his attention veered towards the portraits, toward statues and busts and the little shadows of house elves left behind. His attention never lasted long on the party, his nerves, his intentions relied solely on the screaming walls of his home, and the watchful eyes of the portraits, and how, he hoped, no one would be so paranoid as to avoid the portraits.

Truly, the only reason so many portraits hung so proudly was as means of security, to watch what can’t be seen, and to hear what can’t be heard. It was only as the mechanic gears in his mind spurred this forward did he realize the question that was cast by his close friend. ”All manner, but, mainly families and their children… Tay’s classmates… Why?” He sought to know, even if, he was sure that Alfons would tell him….. On his own time.

”Ah, Zeek, I’m glad you could make it!” William greeted Arthur, now realizing this was the first time he’s had his best mates together under the same roof in over fifteen years. ”Thomas didn’t give you too much trouble? I hope?” William jested, though in truth, the difficulties of being a single parent had driven the two closer together as of late. Even with the amusement of his best chums, William couldn’t ignore the silhouette of a young boy dashing through the room and spiraling out the door as quickly as he had come.

William never would have assumed how easily it could have been to wipe away that smile on his lips, until, of course, he was met with Miss Warstorm, whom, he had met once or twice through friends-of-the-family. However, at the mention of his brother's name, a sour look molded onto his features. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but no. Remington never graces the family with his presence during social events like these...."

"However, I wouldn't be all too surprised to find him trudging through the grit and grime of his shop."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Located: Nott Castle Foyer with Alfons, and Arthur
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:19 pm
Annabelle Emery Rich, Second Year Slytherin
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

”Oh, hello!” Belle had met the Acacia twins with a bright smile of her own. She had remembered Jasmine from the sorting, as she had taken a special note to memorize the peers of her house, but even so, she couldn’t recall ever personally meeting the girl. ”You know, I’m surprised we never met before, I’m Belle.” She introduced herself cheerily with a smile brimming on her features. A casual wave was then offered over her shoulder as she eagerly pointed towards the blonde Hufflepuff at her side. ”And this is Devin, apparently, he’s not very good at introducing himself.” She teased as she meandered away from the throng of guests and heading towards the Ballroom.

”Triplets, huh? That’s bloody terrific, do you two switch places with each other?

“Ah, I’ve always wanted a twin.”
Belle sighed with a dreamy gaze imbued on her features. ”So wait, are you lot all fraternal twins, are, or are you two identical, and he, somehow, came out fraternal?” Belle blinked back the confusion as she tried to piece the puzzle of their life together, no matter how silly or pointless it seemed, her curiosity couldn’t ignore it.

Nott Castle Foyer with Devin, Jasmine, Erianthe
Desires: Ball
Troubles: Nervous

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:30 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Roi smiled most sinisterly when he heard Trinity enter the room. He nodded to her and motioned her to join him, "Trinity, my dear, welcome, the REAL host is still fetching someone, and it's taking him longer then..." He trailed when his servant thrusted young Lucas Frostmourne into the Hearth Room and he laughed sinisterly. "Zane and Trinity, meet Lucas Frostmourne. I was given the responsibility of taking care of the boy and his twin brother since the boy's mother and father were murdered." He said, standing his hosts body up and looming over the black haired, golden eyed boy. Who was already scared by how forceful Tay was to him, Roi's towering didn't help and he cried out loudly as he covered his head with his arms, crying out for his brother.

That only entertained the demon more as he laughed sinisterly. He said after a few laughs,
"Good! The boy knows when to be scared." He said kicking the boy softly with Woil's foot and Lucas cried out and burst into loud sobs as he scrambled away and hid behind Zane.

Roi couldn't help but just laugh at the actions of the little kid.
User Image

User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:46 pm
User Image

Jasmine Acacia

Second Year Slytherin

Erianthe smiled. "Nice meeting you two," she said politely before her sister had a chance to speak. It was rare for her to do any of the speaking while her sister or her brother were around.

"As entertaining at that may be, we don't think alike, so it might be a bit harder," Jasmine explained to the girl who introduced herself as Belle. She didn't want to let them know about her sister's condition. That was the sort of thing that should be kept secret as long as possible. "Zane actually looks a bit different from us. He's got blond hair, and you can see how we are," the Slytherin laughed.

User Image

Erianthe Acacia

Second Year Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:59 pm
User Image

Zane Acacia

Second YearRavenclawTriplet

Zane wondered what Roi was really thinking. It always appeared so hard to tell with the boy, but the younger of the two had always figured that it would be better not to go too deeply into his master's thoughts. He might not be the same afterward.

"Anything I should know about him before he's put into my care?" the second year asked, curious as to why he was babysitting the boy. He figured he could always ask Roi later about Tay. After all, that didn't really involve him too much at the moment.

Zane looked up as Trinity entered the room. He remembered her from the last time that a large number of students had been congregated in the same place. As far as he knew, she was the only girl that was in on their group. He could always try and get Erianthe to join. Perhaps he could twist one of her illusions to his will.

The Ravenclaw couldn't help but jump in surprise at how easily Lucas could be scared. He seemed to be a pretty scrawny kid, hardly a threat really. "Hiding's not gonna do you much good," Zane said somewhat harshly to Lucas.
The boy sniffled loudly. "Now come on, our presence is required elsewhere," Zane said as he grabbed the boy by the arm and dragged him out of the Hearth Room, remembering what his master had told him to do.

What I see in the night
What I feel in your heart.
All your dreams, all your lies
Can you tell them apart?

Do you lie here awake
As the shadows look on?
Should they cry for your sake?
Should you sleep in their arms?

For the shadows see all
And they rarely forget
Every dream that you've had
Every act you regret!

{OOC: Just so peoples know, I'm not godmodding with Lucas. I have Aran's permission to move him.}  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:13 pm
User Image

User Image

A frown crossed Xenos' face at the distracted tone that came from Dante. Something was definitely up but what he still couldn't place. It wasn't often they got to do this kind of thing and the albino had hopped to have a little more focus from his lover. Reaching out he grasped Dante's hand, his smooth skin warm against his palm. Maybe he was still upset about going back to school without him. Once they got into the swing of the party though Xenos hopped his distant boy would relax and warm up. Xenos had a hell of a surprise for the dark haired Slytherin at this night's end. Now to make it a good night to remember. Casting his gaze around the place he saw several people he knew from school. There was a familiar red head from his house, Miss Von Ichval. She was on his Quidditch team. "Formerly yours." Xerxes said softly his own eyes wandering around. Xenos smiled softly. Right former Quidditch team. It felt weird to know that he was no longer their Keeper. Hopefully he could talk some of his friends into getting together once in a while for fun.

As his gaze moved around he spotted another familiar face. Her blond hair was loose and seemed to be much longer then the last time he really saw her. Xenos couldn't help but smile while he watched her talk a moment to a young boy. He still remembered talking with her in class back when they were so much smaller. Tamara had always seemed to have signs of adventure on her be it a scrapped knee or that look she got in her eyes. They had grown up so much since then and lost so many people in there lives. Once upon a time it had been him sitting next to Yuan with Tamara in front of them...and a small brunette who was quiet and thoughtful. Looking away a moment he caught his twins eyes and they smiled. It was nice having someone know exactly what he was thinking about without explaining it. Xerxes should have been sitting there with him all those years ago but that had been stole. That brunette...he hadn't heard from her since their third year. To top it off the person he also considered a brother was gone. Yuan had vanished just after the graduation ceremony and not a soul had heard from him.

"Come on I want to meet your old year mate. She's kinda hot...too bad I don't have time for girls right now." Xerxes said leading the way towards the former Gryffindor. A laugh left Xenos as he followed his twin. "You don't have time? Ah that's right you're job and house hunting too." Xenos said still laughing. Watching the boy for a moment after he stepped away from Tamara Xenos turned his attention to the young woman his distant friend had become. "Good evening Tamara. I'm surprised your not out there on the floor dancing." Xenos said smiling softly as they came to a stop. "Have I introduced you to my brother, Tammy?" He asked trying to recall. That summer he had shown Xerxes off so much the albino wasn't certain. "I don't remember either. Regardless I'm up for reintroductions. Hello miss." Xerxes said with a smile as he took her hand and placed a small kiss on back of it. His mother raised a pair of gentlemen regardless of where they were. "Also I'd like you to meet Dante Prince, my love." Xenos continued moving to the other black haired teen.

{Sorry Tah I couldn't remember if Tammy would have met Xerxes yet.}
One has wit beyond measure One has ambition beyond belief
Together they are a troublesome duo, for wit and ambition are a powerful duo

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:14 pm
Cathryn O'Malley
Hogwarts Second-Year:Ravenclaw

User Image

Feeling reassured by Tay's kind words, Cathryn set off to find Ethan and apologize for her rudeness. She started toward the stairs until she remembered something. "Goodbye, Tay! I hope to see you at school!" With her farewell finished, she made her way down the stairs. Lost in though, she didn't see the read-headed woman until they collided. "Mom!" Cat exclaimed. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you!"

"It's alright, Cat. How was your time with Tay?" Shannon replied, leading Cathryn to the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh, he was so nice! I think we are going to be real good friends. He's only a third year." Cathryn didn't add the part about how cute he was, not wanting to discuss things like that with her mother.

"Well, I'm glad. I was coming to get you, because we need to leave."

"What? Already? Blimey..."

"Your father has gone to get Ethan. He seemed a upset. Is everything alright?"

"It will be." Cat said in a tone that suggested that no more should be said on the subject. The two Irish women rejoined the crowd and passed through it, making for the entrance to the castle.

-Rowena-

-Maximus-

Age:12 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses:None

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:15 pm
Peter O'Malley
Ministry of Magic:
Department of Magical Law Enforcement:
Auror

User Image

He released a sigh of relief as Ethan King came slowly up the walkway to the castle doors. Ethan stopped and gave him an oddly formal, "Yes, sir?" Peter knew that something had gone wrong, and hoped that his daughter wasn't at the bottom of it. Still, he waved away the boy's formalities with a gesture.

"Ethan! Thank goodness you've returned. Where have you- Never mind. I'm just glad you are back. I can't ignore it when my friend's only son storms off and isn't seen for the next few hours." Putting his arm around the boy's shoulders he led him back into the castle. "You must be starving! Come inside and eat something. Shannon, Cat, and I have got to leave soon, but we will stick around until your dad gets here."

-Bart-

Age: 42 | Relationship Status: Married | Injuries/Illnesses: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 pm
User Image
User Image

► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄

Dante was starting to really dislike all of this. His parents had thrown parties like this. Mostly they were used to flaunt their little "dark lord" to the world and Rose was usually left upstairs. Needless to say it left a rather large scar in his mind. Xenos and Xerxes seemed to have fit right in to the party almost instantly. Perhaps he should have just stayed home. As his eyes wandered he let his mind drift off as well. He thought of both nothing and everything. What had happened the past six years, what is happening now, and millions of other small things. He looked at Xenos when he felt the soft white hand grab his own.He forced a smile to try and please him.

The party seemed simple enough. A typical sort of get together. Rather boring actually. He wondered if there was anyone here he could get into a mature conversation with besides the lovely albino that he was with. Maybe even someone who could aid him with his plans. He had many plans for the future, but they required help from many sources, sources he just didn't have right now. For a long time Dante had been procrastinating about talking to Xenos for help. He HAD helped him kill his own parents, aiding him on this matter would be small in comparison, so why was it so hard to bring up? Dante shook his head to clear his thoughts. Such mind numbing topics are better left for when he is alone.

As they turned and began to approach the Gryffindor Tamara, Dante let out a soft yet audible groan. Really, did Xenos have to talk to her. Of anyone there...He sighed. He knew that Xenos had known her in school so he could at least let him talk to her no matter how much it bothered him. While he did so Dante planned to ignore the girl for as long as he could but that plan was torn to shreds when his lovely Xenos introduced him. With a sigh he turned his placid face towards hers and nodded,"Greetings" he said dryly. "May I inquire as to where I may find something to drink?" he asked in the tone he used for those he found bothersome. At least now at his age he tried to be polite, even if his eyes showed anything but.

► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄► ◄

User Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 pm
Clouds come floating
Into my life,
No longer to carry rain
Or usher storm, but to add color to my
sunset sky.
User Image

╔══════════════╗

Aravis Rosentha

Fifth Year Gryffindor

╚══════════════╝

Aravis was glad for Will's hand. For without it, she would have been lost in the endless sea of people. Something that could be quite nightmarish. Upon seeing her boyfriend's parents, she tried to relax a bit. They couldn't be any worse than her mother.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both," Aravis said confidently, with a sweet smile upon her face.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:48 pm
Nott Family Castle User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Second Year

As Phi excused herself Ronyo found himself wondering what could possibly be so important as to rush off alone after they had just talked about the need for numbers. Phi could cast many spells above their level but she was not the most aggressive and Ronyo was not sure how she would fair in duel where the opponent did not play fair. Without Colton around the group had no real powerhouse which left Ronyo as the one to fill the role. He hoped it would not come to that.

Turning to Tamara Ronyo had hoped to at least learn about any possible lesson she would be willing to work with him on but that conversation was put on hold as a pair of older boys made their way over to Tamara. They did not seem to notice the young Slytherin as their attention was all but focused on the lioness in the black dress. Ronyo looked the pair over and his deductive mind began working them over the best he could with the lack of any immediate information available to him.

Twins from the way the two acted around each other and seemed to process many of the same basic physical attributes. Not Identical which was obvious from the almost opposite looks the two carried about them. The white haired one had a more graceful flow about him indicating a more fluid personality and one not worried about general issues others might find pressing. The dark haired one came off polite but still held a manly stance in his legs and back. At the mention of Dante Prince and the adjective used by the white haired one the fluid motions came together. Dante Prince though, the one Tamara had told him about, was now no further from him than Colton usually stood when they had a casual conversation. Ronyo's sixth sense all but flared up as the young man spoke and seemed to be doing his best to remain polite but at the same time show he cared not about anything and everything around him.

Throughout the exchange Ronyo remained stoic but silent as he knew he was not a part of this conversation, but he would not simply be tossed aside. A small part of him also wished to stay for Tamara and offer what little support he could to her during the situation at hand. Even if he could do little more than offer standing assistance he would not turn from a friend in need.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:51 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
pre-thrid year - ravenclaw
hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

wearing: formal summer dress

╔══════════════════╗

She had been in the library for perhaps fifteen minutes - time should could have spent beginning to scour the books in hopes of finding clues, meanings, answers and histories regarding the family. Regarding Remington and Tay's odd mental states, regarding the medical details of the family as a whole, regarding secrets kept, regarding opportunity for alliance or introduction of possession through spirits. But instead, in that time that passed to her like a second would, she stared at the tree. Reading each name, memorizing each face engraved into a flowing history. Each relationship she traced, each child she ran back to the last dated ancestor, each detail she poured herself into. The tree was a magnificent thing in itself; hung so ironically in its pride, with a hidden touch of bitterness and expectation to its exhibition. It not only told her each link each presented family member had recorded, but it told her as much about the present as it did about the past. It seemed tragic, being almost hidden away in such a glorious, yet clearly underused library. Placed in the shadows, in a place of books rather than of people and presentation. It told her what it represented to the Notts, to sir William and Tay - it was a still-burning brand of the ancient and heavy burdens and requirements and resolutions placed on their shoulders.
The expansive and uncomprehendingly oppressive tapestry made her understand something she would never otherwise be able to - the meaning of belonging to a family. A wizard family. A dying breed. One of high morals and bland thoughts and cold looks.

A voice suddenly erupted, bursting with echoes in the towering library. Phi's ears had not ever heard the sound of opening and shutting doors that would reveal the presence of whatever person stood behind her now. Being stolen from her numb lightness of deep and critical thought left her at such a disadvantage that her body did not withhold the reaction to even flinch at the sound. But as she recovered, hearing the voice again, her heart and brain pounded at the recognition of who stood behind her.
Her lips became pale, eyes wide and face reduced to the most pale tones at the realization that behind her stood William Dante Nott the Third. Her hands clenched in harsh grip on her wand (which she began to slowly slide into a hidden position) and her muscles constricted tightly to keep her standing still, strong and unwavering. Back continually faced toward Tay as, to her and her already-racing heart's terror, he began to slowly approach her with the dog he had summoned at his heels.

Every step sounded on the cold, wood and stone of the room. Echoing with a dire warning burning to her ears just as her brain yelled similar commands she ignored. Ever step made her breath hitch as she strained to keep herself from gasping or acting irregular. Each step made her heart pound with such vigor, fear and adrenaline, one pump shot all ten pints of blood through ever tiny vein and every hallow artery. Yet Phinelia stood, eyes kept from closing in fear, back and posture kept straight and still and only her clenching fists showing sign of her horror and terror and excitement at the outcome playing out before them.
A few second pooled, making every antagonizing feature of fear grow ten fold, between the moment he stopped at reaching the tapestry and began speaking. Speaking.
Talking, relaxed and angry and unknowing.
Not yelling, not cursing not threatening.

Phinelia dared to look out of the corner of her eye at him as his words began to form conversation. A portrait of his thoughts, his fears and the very same irony displayed by the tapestry hung before the both of them.
The girl was more surprised by the sudden, almost willing expression the boy was giving her of himself. Surprised more by his opening himself than she would have been by his displaying another rage-filled assault similar to the one inflicted a few months prior to the moment they were now sharing. So she listened - intently - to every word he said, every underlying meaning he hinted at and ever deeper bond he let slip. Listened until they were both again in silence and she knew from trained social queue that her turn was next.

Her throat constricted and hesitated only momentarily as she recovered from the unexpected show of vulnerability, "Is there anyone here you care for. Or is it the same for you? Each of your bonds being of lies and deceit?"

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User Image

alfons marcus flint
head potioneer of the most extraordinary society of potioneers

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

wearing: formal suit

- -
His question was left in the air as his friend returned momentarily to his fashioned role as host, family head and political figure. Alfons watched, thinking deeply of how often he saw his friend in the present situation; playing roles he had forged for himself to survive and playing roles demanded of him by the same ancient family calling Flint himself felt. They were both actors and owners of countless masks, but different underneath. Each with their own secrets and never-to-be-fulfilled desires and each broken, only the condition of that brokenness varying between them.
Perhaps that may be the root reason for their close bond.

His question was suddenly answered and Alfons blinked away his deepening thoughts and weighed and answered he received. Weighed the question presented in response and wondering if he could retort with honesty. Even when he was vague in his replies of question, there was always an underlying sense of truth when it came to William. Alfons always gave a clue, a hint, a window for his friend to be able to read behind the iron curtain the Flint set down heavily for every other person. Only he ever got the glimpses of his thoughts.
"There is always someone I am avoiding," he offered with a challenging jest smirk.

a suddenly familiar face positioned itself in front of the two men. A face Alfons managed to recognize before it was introduced as being Arthur Zeek Doyle Findeler III.
- -

User Image
yew || the flint estate || office

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:04 pm
Devin Anthony Cloud

Hufflepuff-2nd Year

User Image
"Everything is Possible"

"Experimentation is the best learning for me"

"Quidditch is my life, and always will be"

"It really is a pleasure to meet you two beautiful, young ladies," he established, bowing to them in a gentleman like manner. He always treated women like this, since he was brought up to do that. They were definitely never faces thought. He loved meeting new people and they seemed like quite the bunch of triplets. Although, the one of them, meaning Erianthe in particular seemed shy.

"Like my friend had said before..." he said, giving Annabelle a playful sort of look, "My name is Devin Anthony Cloud. I actually do know how to introduce myself," he said with a laugh, looking at the radiant Annabelle with his sharp blue eyes. She was quite the beauty and he had the fortunate chance to escort her here.

"That sounds interesting. Actually, my cousins, who are currently in the Americas, are just like that. I would've never thought I would've ran into another situation like it," he said, a smile upon his face.

That's when he looked over at Erianthe. She was just standing there, almost looking down at the floor. She was quite the beauty, her skin complexion really showing off her features, expecially her eyes. But alas, he still looked over at Annabelle, whose beautiful blond hair glimmered under the lanterns that lit the ornate hall. He almost went into a dreamlike state for a second there, but he snapped himself out of it. That's when he just stood there, looking at Annabelle, waiting for her to either acknowledge the conversation and answer to it, or respond to his look after his joke.

Mood: Happy Location: Nott Estate Relationship Status: Single

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 pm
User Image

Trinity glanced at the boy with a sinister smile, her foggy blue eyes barring into them. "Murdered how awful" She said still smiling with a fake sympathy. Trinity laughed along with her Lord. "Good indeed" she agreed.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

ooc; outfit in top pic.
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out