Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
HO! HO! HO! | The 12 Days of ATGmas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Let's build a snowman!
  We can make him our best friend!
  We can name him Tom!
  Or we can name him George!
  We can make him tall!
  Or we can make him not so tall!
  Snowman!
View Results

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:28 pm
User Image
Silly is you in a natural state,
and serious is something you have to do
until you can get silly again

Froggies! -hop hop-

( ゚ヮ゚)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:57 pm
I went through a frog phase when I was little. Heehee. Frogs are so cute heart
I want to make a frog apron at some point. Maybe over the summer. Yay learning to sew! My apron will have the cutest froggy face ever!  

Lobo-chan

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:30 pm
Lobo-chan
Ouch. Sucks to be generous, huh Rica?

I hope things get worked out for you soon, Thaliat! gonk

He talked to some people today, turns out he was behind a few months and didn't know because his parents were taking care of the payments while he was in the hospital for surgeries. This was while the account was under the other person's name (long story). Then the bank stopped accepting payments and returned the checks saying it was because the account wasn't in his name. Money is money, right? He finally got the account into his name two months ago and the bank didn't tell him the account was behind or anything about foreclosing it. So he told them off for not being forth coming with him today. Thankfully he documents everything and it looks like there may be a way out of foreclosure but we need to look in to a few more things to be sure we can afford to keep the house over the next couple years because our money is tight right now. Adult life; oh so full of stress. Thank goodness I have a decent 401K I can cash in to save the house, so long as we are sure we can make all the payments for the next 2 years. It's not totally dire if we can't, we have options, but I'd prefer to stay in this house so I'm hoping we can rent a room ore something to handle the finances. We are talking about marriage and such, so saving the house seems like a good investment. Considering the situation and that the bank is at fault for not trying to inform him about the foreclosure process they began in April when it wasn't his account (their words), they started being really nice over the phone, and not that we know we can save the house, things look better now. His sister just lost her's, but she knowingly stopped making payments for 6 months, so it's a little different.

I feel bad because he's beating himself up over not being a provider for me (he's a little old school) but he's dealing with cancer and some other stuff, so I don't think he had realistic expectations thinking he'd be providing for me. I moved out here with my own plan to support myself (past experiences have made it near impossible for me to rely on others financially) so I'm not disappointed in him or anything. It is a hard economy to be in right now and he's worse off with him health and all, and it's not like he isn't trying to make payments on the house and keep food on the table. He was so freaked out that I'd leave if he lost the house that he put off telling me until it was almost too late for me to help. He felt like he let me down or something. But we got all that aired out and he knows I'm here, for better or worse, so we're discussing our financial future and we'll get all this figured out. Poor thing, he's always been responsible with his money, this is like a nightmare for him.

But, we have options now, and some good advice from his cousin who is a lawyer and is willing to help get the house refinanced too, so we'll be fine.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:04 am
I require the frogginess of that frog.

Thal, your booty is grabable at the moment but it looks to be only a hermit cat glowing and my processor freaks out if I try to load anything involving flash, so I am NOT going for it!  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:06 am
Thaliat Everwood
Lobo-chan
Ouch. Sucks to be generous, huh Rica?

I hope things get worked out for you soon, Thaliat! gonk

He talked to some people today, turns out he was behind a few months and didn't know because his parents were taking care of the payments while he was in the hospital for surgeries. This was while the account was under the other person's name (long story). Then the bank stopped accepting payments and returned the checks saying it was because the account wasn't in his name. Money is money, right? He finally got the account into his name two months ago and the bank didn't tell him the account was behind or anything about foreclosing it. So he told them off for not being forth coming with him today. Thankfully he documents everything and it looks like there may be a way out of foreclosure but we need to look in to a few more things to be sure we can afford to keep the house over the next couple years because our money is tight right now. Adult life; oh so full of stress. Thank goodness I have a decent 401K I can cash in to save the house, so long as we are sure we can make all the payments for the next 2 years. It's not totally dire if we can't, we have options, but I'd prefer to stay in this house so I'm hoping we can rent a room ore something to handle the finances. We are talking about marriage and such, so saving the house seems like a good investment. Considering the situation and that the bank is at fault for not trying to inform him about the foreclosure process they began in April when it wasn't his account (their words), they started being really nice over the phone, and not that we know we can save the house, things look better now. His sister just lost her's, but she knowingly stopped making payments for 6 months, so it's a little different.

I feel bad because he's beating himself up over not being a provider for me (he's a little old school) but he's dealing with cancer and some other stuff, so I don't think he had realistic expectations thinking he'd be providing for me. I moved out here with my own plan to support myself (past experiences have made it near impossible for me to rely on others financially) so I'm not disappointed in him or anything. It is a hard economy to be in right now and he's worse off with him health and all, and it's not like he isn't trying to make payments on the house and keep food on the table. He was so freaked out that I'd leave if he lost the house that he put off telling me until it was almost too late for me to help. He felt like he let me down or something. But we got all that aired out and he knows I'm here, for better or worse, so we're discussing our financial future and we'll get all this figured out. Poor thing, he's always been responsible with his money, this is like a nightmare for him.

But, we have options now, and some good advice from his cousin who is a lawyer and is willing to help get the house refinanced too, so we'll be fine.

Well, at least you're getting it worked out. Good luck!

Also, grabbed your booty.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:41 pm
Heh, got my booty grabbed. Sounds so wrong. xd  

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:39 pm
I want a frog  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:26 pm
Hoshit, I forgot about this. ._.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:38 pm
Cute little froggies!

So sad because my poor little fishy died the other day. crying

Thal I hope things work out for you and your boyfriend. I'm glad to hear you've made progress with the bank.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:46 pm
[ Terra ]
Cute little froggies!

So sad because my poor little fishy died the other day. crying

Thal I hope things work out for you and your boyfriend. I'm glad to hear you've made progress with the bank.

User ImageBecause falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm in peace

Poor fish ):
Based on what you said, I think him and Bob (my fish) died of the same thing.
:huggles:

Also ditto on the bit to Thal. Money things like that suck butts.

It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
User Image

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:48 pm
On the eleventh day of ATGmas, my true guild gave to me~~~
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Eleven zappers zapping

Ten frogs a'leaping

Nine gamers dancing

Eight cows a'mooing

Seven 'nogs for drinking

Six canes for licking

Five golden staaaaaaaaaars~~~

Four PomPom Scarves

Three MC's

Two Underlands

...and a Regal Red Bundle x2

First eleven people to post after this get them!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:53 pm
Waku, you are a terrifying looking Santa. I love you.  

Lobo-chan

pickle relish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:57 pm
Since her skin is green, I'm thinking she's probably the Grinch.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:18 pm
I am indeed Grinching it up. I like to have my avatar tell a sort of Christmas story around Christmas.

Past years:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Thaliat Everwood