Prince on the Run.[accepting/Open] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:14 am
Stumbling and exhausted, the two finally reached the wall. Tessa smiled and sighed, putting a hand against it. "We made it, Kirsen" she told him wearily. "We made it in time."

Kirsen, frowning, looked around. "Tessa, where are we? What is-- Tessa?" He'd looked back, and she was gone.

"Tessa?"

~

In the dark of the night, just after the sun had set, there was a soft tapping at the prince's window. Light and gentle and quiet - it sounded confident and calm, almost calling to him.

Wake up, Prince. Wake up.

If he heard and heeded the call and came to open the window, he would find a tiny, ghostly-looking young woman sitting on the tree branch outside his window and waiting very patiently.

Tessa was a patient creature. This was where her visions had led her, and she was willing to wait until the person inside came to speak to her.

She'd go get Kirsen later. He tended to be overly conscientious about things like knowing people before trying to help them, and entering through doorways, and other such silly societal conventions. Tessa was less restrained that way.

For now, she just waited.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:17 pm
Maverick gently rose up from his bed. He groggly walked over to the voice calling his name. He opened his window to see a rather attractive young woman sitting on a branch. He rubbed his eyes before he spoke and said "Clearly, you are not an assassin. So who are you?" His voice was calm and and sincere.  

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

uilenyk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:48 pm
Kray leaned back against a tree next to the clearing. He had much time to think and prepare for what was coming next. The sound of footsteps told him it was time.
"Ah good you are here. I'm sure you read my letter and know why I have called you here yes? You are one of Maverick's most trusted people so I'm sure he tells you information. I want to get to the bottom of this but My resources are limited and that is why I asked you here tonight."
Kray remained silent for a moment, "You basically are asking me to spy on the king for you is that it? So that you can get information that others can't. Information vital to King Maverick's safety."
"You make it sound like I'm trying to kill him." Kray replied with a frown. "I guess it is generally correct...of course I do not want you to do anything your uncomfortable with. It just seems that you are most suited for this job. I honestly am thinking of Maverick's safety and the faster we get this issue resolved the better."
"I am the best for this job? You realize out of all his personal guards, I am the least trusted one and yet you decide to come to me for this help? That seems awfully unsafe in most people's eyes. Why would I be the best for this job?"
"It is for that reason. No one will suspect you to know such information...Wait...do you have something against the king?"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:49 am
The girl sitting in the tree smiled at him. "Once upon a time, I had another name, but I have forgotten it now. You may call me Tessa - that is what my friend Kirsen calls me." Then she tilted her head thoughtfully, looking at him. "But you asked who I am, not what I am called. I am a...I believe that your people call it a Seer. I dream of the future. But only what I am shown. Not everything."

Then she sat forward and examined his face carefully. "You are certainly the one I saw in my visions."

Sitting up again, she swung herself off the branch and through the window into his room. "I have dreamed of your future, and the future of this place. My friend and I will be of use to you in what is to come, if you will have our help. Many things rest on your decision, but I cannot influence your choice."

Standing and smiling as calmly as if she'd just told him the sun would rise tomorrow, she asked, "What do you choose, Prince?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:45 am
Maverick shook his head, largely in disbelief that someone who seems so common would just speak so casually. He was impressed with what she said though he was skeptical of these visions. He spoke after some pondering and said "Very well, I will have your help."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:28 pm
By the end of the meeting Lovec was tired, emotionally drained. Instead of making the hours long journey home, the female chose one of the quest rooms and fell into bed, falling asleep quickly. But as the night wore on, she awoke many times. There was a chill up her spin. Rubbing her eyes, Lovec swung her legs out of the borrowed bed and stood up. She left the room and headed down the hall, listening intently for... what? She wasn't sure what.  

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:19 pm
Tessa's large eyes followed his movements. She stood politely, saying nothing, seemingly perfectly willing to wait in this position all night for the prince to make his decision.

When he finished his considerations and spoke at last, she did not look either pleased or unhappy. She took his words with a calm, solemn nod, her face not changing expression in the slightest.

Notably, she did not tell him whether his choice had been right or wrong. Clearly she was serious about not interfering with his choices.

"Very well," she replied, standing a little straighter. "In that case, Prince, allow me to ask you another question. Whom do you trust, implicitly?"

This seemed like it had to be a lead-in to something, but she didn't make any mention of that. Instead, she just watched him, her oversized eyes unblinking and steady.

Was now the time to tell him about the triangle, she wondered. Would it be safe to tell him such things now, or would it only push him deeper into paranoia?

It would depend on his answer.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:41 pm
Kray stayed silent for a moment. "I have no reason to trust you. Weather I have a grudge or not is not your concern."
Zane's eyes narrowed. This had turned into something dangerous. He had to watch what he said so not to let anything slip. "It is indeed my concern. You are very close to Maverick. It would be very easy for you to take his life at any point. You could easily be waiting for the right moment."
Again Kray remained silent for a moment. He pushed himself off the tree, and took hold of his weapon. "And what would you do if I told you that that's exactly what I'm waiting for? Would you try and cut me down here and now?"
This guy was definitely dangerous. His expression ever changed making him hard to read. Now the question was if he should tell the truth. Zane lowered his stance with his hands on his weapons, contemplation his option in his head.  

uilenyk

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:46 pm
uilenyk

]Would they be noticeable from a passing window?]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:43 pm
Aiden was patrolling the halls anxious and unaware of the prince's encounter. As big and intimidating as he looked he was fragile at times. He worried about the whole situation with the skirmishes, possible war outbreak, Maverick being in danger, and conspiracy. It was a lot to handle to the big guy and he was at a breaking point with himself. Suddenly he stopped staring out of the window onto the horizon to collect himself for a moment. "I know what I must do" He said softly as he contemplated starting an investigation of his own to find out what is really going on around here.  

Spectrum122

uilenyk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:00 pm
(sorry Mommii but Zane would make sure they were alone. Their deeper in the forest but you can notice Kray coming back really late.)
Kray remained silent and expressionless as he studied Zane. "Do you truly intend to fight me?" He asked. When Zane remained silent, Kray shouldered his pike. "You should be careful what you say and who you associate yourself with Lord Binsteel. If your not careful, you'll get yourself hurt or end up dead." Kray bowed then left without another word.
Zane watched him go. He still didn't get it. So did Kray have something against the Maverick? He had gained no knowledge from this encounter. If anything, it just gave him more questions. He pushed the thoughts from his mind. It would be fine for now. Things were still going smoothly and no one was the wiser. It would still be a 30 minuet walk back to his home and he was tired. No point in thinking about things at the moment. He would figure everything out once he got some rest.
Kray made his way back to the castle. It took him a bit but he enjoyed the solitude and calmness of the forest. The clear skies provided a beautiful view of the stars so he didn't mind the walk. Before he knew it, he had stepped out of the trees and was soon entering the castle grounds.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:45 pm
uilenyk

[I thought so, but I thought I would ask since I'm not sure what to have Lovec do now. >.> Damn nighttimes.]

Lovec turned a corner and almost screamed when she came face to arm with Aiden. "What are you doing out here?" She hissed, lifting her hands to smooth out her hair in her nervousness. "Sorry, sir Aiden, you caught me off guard. I will be on my way then. See you in the morning, I am sure." Turning around, she headed back the way she had came. Two halls and a flight of stairs later, the female caught sight of movement outside through the window. Stopping to peer closer, she bite her lip as she tried to remember the mans name.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

uilenyk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:07 pm
Zane made his way back to his estate. He hadn't slept the night before and now it seemed like he wasn't sleeping again. There was just too much on his mind. The meeting with Kray had not turned out how he had expected. He was not more confused than before. He took a bath to and tried to relax himself but his mind was still spinning.

Kray looked around the empty grounds. It was best if he got to his patrol. Things seemed quiet and peaceful at the moment. He decided to head to his quarters first. He hadn't been there since he had awaken. This day was a strange day for him and he had a lot on his mind now. Still he showed no sign for distress or emotion.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:49 pm
Maverick thought for a moment and said "I trust my guard, and I trusted my father. Why do you ask seer? I can assume, perhaprs correctly perhaps not, that there is a purpose behind your questioning. From your intial statement you seem to bare no ill-will and your demeanor shows one of gentile." He was curious what brought her to his door steps. He was also curious what information she might have for him.

As the castle stirred in the night, outside in different sections of the forrest, an army was marching, an army of professional soldiers and swords for hire. The swords for hire were close, an attack would occur soon. Far sooner than the castle was ready for, and much was about to change before the night was over.  

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:57 pm
Tessa looked at him thoughtfully for a moment or two, and then she nodded once decisively, as though she'd come to a conclusion. Reaching forward, she took his hand and traced a pattern on the palm with the index finger of her free hand - the pattern of a triangle.

"Not all of those you trust are worthy," she said calmly, but her finger traced the pattern of a triangle in his palm, over and over and over. "The triangle is your shelter." Her finger touched the top of the triangle she was tracing. "The liar came first. Then came the brother." And her finger slid down the side to touch the next point. "And finally the lost one. This is your shelter when the storms rage." She touched the third point. "How many sides in a triangle, Prince?"

She traced the triangle on his palm one more time before she let his hand go.

Then she stiffened, straightened up. Her eyes went filmy and blank. When she spoke, her voice was colder, smoother, icy. "They come."

Standing rigidly, her head turned towards the window. "They are coming, Prince. Gather your warriors and stand ready. They are close, and they mean to kill." For a brief second she thought of Kirsen, probably still where she had left him or close to it, trying to find her. But she couldn't leave. "You must prepare for battle. Now!"  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff