Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Edgeworth Manor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:38 pm
User Image
                                                  I know we got it good, but they got it made,
                                                  And their grass is getting greener each day,
                                                  I know things are looking up, but soon they'll take us down,
                                                  Before anybody's knowing our name

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  Sɪxᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny bit the inside of his cheek, counting to ten. She was really drunk, wasn't she? Not just a little, but a lot. Made him wish that Jer was here, but the sixteen year old straightened his back and tried to ignore the Irish comment. He wasn't nearly as proficient as say Caty or Rhys, or hell, the bloody rest of his family, but he was enough to understand enough to want to facepalm. At the comment about him having a girlfriend, he blinked. Okay then, never let the woman meet Steffi. He had a feeling his sister would have a few words about what women actually wanted. Especially about people that dumped off kids they never wanted. He sure as heck knew several of his siblings wound up there because of being unwanted. Hell, he could have been one of those kids. He didn't know. Reasons for adoption were never revealed, not unless there was a death or something. Even then, it was confidential until they got older. "I don't think everyone wants to be a mother, aintín. Take it from someone that knows a lot better than most. I knew a lot of kids back at the orphanage that were dumped there because they were unwanted. A lot of them mothers. Sorry, but I think I'll take personal experience in mind with regards to women and men. Never said I only swung one way, after all."

He sighed. He had to be respectful, even if his aunt just hit one subject she probably shouldn't have. Though, he couldn't exactly blame her entirely. Being unwanted was something that was still a touchy subject for him, and he knew that eventually he really had to let it go, but he couldn't. Not when... Ugh, this was complicated. Especially to explain to someone inebriated to the extent that Andi was. "Here, let me take that drink real fast, and then we can go see Aintín Siobhan. I'm sure that she wouldn't mind having you for company." He was going to have to beg forgiveness from Siobhan for this one. He knew it.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Oh dear lord, please don't let her cause a scene...
                                                  OOC:

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice?
                                                  Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
                                                  Between the noise you hear, and the sounds you like
                                                  Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

Maiya Kajuji

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:31 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson snickered at Amata's insistence that she was automatically a relative to any kids of t he newlyweds might have, knowing that he himself would probably be the old scatterbrained professor. He didn't know if he liked the title or not, but it was a title nevertheless. Possibly more accurate than any other he happened to have. He yelped when Amata smacked him with a napkin and shook his head, a bemused expression on his face. "Of course I have to be reasonable. It makes up for the fact I forget things. At least we know that it's a great complement to your personality."

He coughed lightly at the idea of Amata's mother laying claim to Joel in any shape or fashion and he had to shake his head. "Amata, he's got my parents, my grandparents, and his own grandparents on his mother's side to contend with. I'm pretty sure he's covered as far as the people that would spoil him rotten. Worse part, one of those couples are really his aunt and uncle, so they technically shouldn't count, but they make themselves count for some ungodly reason. Plus, I don't think you want Joel to get it into his head that he wants to see his parental guardian give him 'siblings'. Kid's more stubborn than anyone else I have ever met. I think. I may be forgetting people in my thoughts. Either way, I think Ciaran's right on that point."

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: Wow, I didn't think Amata and Ciaran would be this worked up about a couple of students graduating. Maybe I'm just odd that way.
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:44 am
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ♥ grαчsσn pσwєll ♥
                                                          Looking Lovely at the Edgeworth's with Ciaran, Grayson
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Conflicted
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ How can it have been ten years??? ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

thє rαín ís f α l l í n ' σn mч wíndσwpαnєs დ დ დxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          вut wє αrє h í d í n g ín α s α f є r p l α c є დ დ დxxxxxxxxx
                                                          undєr cσvєrs stαчíng d r ч αnd w α r m დ დ დxxxxxx
                                                          чσu gívє mє f є є l í n g s thαt í α d σ r є დ დ დxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAmata rolled her eyes at Grayson, thinking that he was in rare form tonight; no book in hand, and cracking jokes at her expense to boot. Would wonders never cease; still, she supposed she should give the man credit. Even if his good humor was being used for evil. The blonde snorted at Ciaran complaining about how unfair she was being, then turned on her friend and hit him with the napkin, too, for good measure. "Life's not fair, Hobbit," she chirped. Then, she narrowed her eyes in mock-offense, looking back at the history professor. "What, exactly, is that supposed to mean, anyway? "Compliments my personality." More like you're a ruddy pain in my arse," she told him, though even she had to admit that was about as big a lie as she could've possibly told. Honestly, Grayson was probably one of the only people in her life who wasn't a complete nuisance, present company most certainly included.

spaceAmata shuddered faintly at the idea of her mother somehow managing to talk Joel into joining her crusade to talk her and Grayson into having children; she was about to discredit the idea when her boyfriend chimed in, firstly taking her far too seriously and secondly... apparently agreeing with Ciaran. She stared hard at him, a horrified sort of smile forming. "Oh, come on, you don't really think Joel would want... what? A younger cousin? Not a sibling, it's not as though you're his father," she said, almost desperately. The situation they'd found themselves in with the death of Grayson's aunt and uncle continued get stranger and stranger, at least it seemed that way to her. Joel was old enough that he wouldn't ever think of Grayson as his parent, not really, more of a guardian, she reasoned. But she still had trouble wrapping her head around the idea that the boy might actually side with her mother if given the opportunity. "Anyway, I was joking; I can barely put up with the woman myself, I'd never force him to endure that sort of torture... It's just wistfulness on my part. I know I won't get her off my back until the day I physically can't get pregnant." She shook her head lightly, sighing and thinking that her life would be much easier if she'd had a sibling. Preferably one who was content to get married and pop out a dozen or so children.

spaceThe Mythology professor had never really worried overmuch about marriage, and she'd never wanted children. She supposed she was something of an oddity in that regard, but if she was happy, did it matter? And she was, which was incredibly refreshing, after everything she'd put up with in her twenties. Lord, she thought she and Grayson might have been dancing around the issue of their relationship for as long as all her previous ones had lasted put together. And yes, she wanted things from their relationship, but at the moment, she was perfectly happy with the way things were... er, well. Mostly happy. She did tend to miss him over the Summer when they weren't out of the country together. But it wasn't as though she couldn't see him whenever she wanted.

spaceMerlin, what was she even thinking about this for? But, a look towards the bride and groom answered that question for her; it was a wedding. Of course she was getting introspective and considering her own relationship. But, she wasn't getting any sudden baby urges, or being struck with the desire to don a white gown and walk down any aisles, so there was that to be thankful for, at least. It'd taken them ages to even officially become a couple; she'd be old and white-headed before he ever even considered getting married, she'd wager. Not because he'd be opposed to the idea... it just literally would not occur to him. Which was actually rather funny, at least to her. She doubted her mother would agree.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxდ დ დ ít stαrts ín mч t σ є s, mαkєs mє c r í n k l є mч n σ s є
                                                          xxxxxxდ დ დ w h є r є v є r ít gσєs, í α l w α ч s knσw
                                                          xxxxxxxxxდ დ დ thαt чσu mαkє mє s m í l є, plєαsє s t α ч fσr α w h í l є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxდ დ დ just t α k є чσur t í m є , w h є r є v є r чσu gσ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:39 pm
User Image
                                                And rain falls angry on the tin roof
                                                As we lie awake in my bed.
                                                You're my survival, you're my living proof.
                                                My love is alive and not dead.

User Image

════════════════════════

Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Cʟᴀɴ Lᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ || Tᴡɪɴ || Eᴅɪᴛᴏʀ ғᴏʀ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs

════════════════════════

Chris was distracted from saying anything by his daughter, who decided to try and hush the redhead from saying vampire again. It probably didn't help the situation at all, and he was pretty sure this was going to be an odd event. Or just awkward. He was going to go with awkward here. "Umm, Rick, right? Look, this isn't the best place to talk about this kind of thing. I mean, well, umm..." Chris cast about for something, anything else to talk about that wasn't awkward, but he was avoiding. He was also rubbish at lying. He sighed, rubbing his face. This was getting him nowhere. "Okay, yes, I'm a vampire. Can we just leave it at that and not spread it around? I'd really appreciate it." Hopefully the redhead would just leave it at that.

Rick apparently took it in stride, and just nodded at Dom when he walked up, though he frowned. "Um, nothing much, just stuff. I mean, it's not all that important, really. Hey, have you congratulated Damien and Marina yet? I mean, it was a lovely wedding and all. Maybe you should say something? Or, well, if you want to talk to Chris and Ada, I can just beat it. No big deal here." Chris frowned as Rick suddenly was trying to just disappear. Or seemed to be anyway. What, was the guy invisible? He doubted that, that was Zane's area of expertise, and he also doubted that Rick had an invisibility cloak. Defence mechanism, then? Or was the guy trying to avoid saying the v-word around Dom?

Whatever it was, Chris just sighed and nodded himself at the younger male. "We were discussing what daylight does to my complexion. Apparently Rick didn't know I literally fry in the sun in less than a minute. And since he knows now apparently, I don't see why he has to run, or why you'd have to leave, unless you want to do your best man speech. Entirely up to you, but well, since it seems like you're wanting to grab either Desi or Zach before you make your speech, may I suggest you leave the idea of saying that they should have a dozen babies just like them behind. Maybe even leaving out the dozen babies bit in fact."

════════════════════════

Thinking: What he heck??
                                                Taken By: Adalaide Blythe
                                                OOC:

Tell me that we belong together.
                                                Dress it up with the trappings of love.
                                                I'll be captivated,
                                                I'll hang from your lips,
                                                Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:15 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ chrístσphєr whítєthσrnє ♥
                                                          Looking Lovely at the Garden with Chris, her kids, Rick
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Off Balance
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ . . . . . . ❞

w h є n є v є r , w h є r є v є r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          wє'rє mєαnt tσ вє t σ g є t h є r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          í'll вє t h є r є αnd чσu'll вє n є α r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          αnd t h α t ' s thє dєαl, m ч d є α r ❀ ❀ ❀xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide could feel her husband's frustration radiating off of him, and was desperately trying to think of something, anything to say, to either throw Rick off or to explain away the things Rick had seen. Trouble was, Rick had seen things that most people didn't, things that were a lot harder to explain that the usual issues they ran into. Chris was pale; he had a sun allergy. Chris was cold; poor circulation. Chris didn't eat much; he was picky, and had a small appetite. None of those things were technically lies, which was really the only reason Ada could ever seem to convince anyone of them to satisfy their curiosity. She was a miserable liar... unfortunately, Chris was only slightly better. She had no idea how a man who'd grown up with Chalmes and Eretria for siblings could have such a horrible poker face, but Merlin, he couldn't lie to save his life. Which was sort of inconvenient, given the fact that he didn't want everyone and their mother to know he was a vampire.

spaceUnfortunately, he seemed to be having the same problem she was; the fact that Rick had noticed Chris not breathing was incredibly problematic. How were they supposed to explain that? She remembered when they'd first been together, how Chris had thought he was odd because he did still breathe more than he didn't, and couldn't help but think that, if he wanted to keep up the illusion, he probably should've kept that habit. Still, her inability to give Rick an answer that didn't out her husband, and his obvious exasperation at hitting the same brick wall, didn't prepare her for him to just outright admit it. She didn't think she'd ever seen him admit it so easily before. Still... she supposed it was for the best, since they'd been back into a corner. And it wasn't as though Rick would care, right? And she highly doubted he was the sort to tell anyone. She exhaled slowly, not realizing until that moment that she'd been holding her breath.

spaceDesiree pulled back to give her father what Ada would best describe as a reproachful look, like she was going to scold him. The toddler poked Chris on the tip of his nose, frowning at him. "Not s'posed t' say it!" she told him adamantly, and Ada found herself fighting a laugh, covering it with a cough. Well, at least the child knew that the 'v' word was a no-no, she supposed. Small blessings.

spaceDominic's approach set her teeth on edge, just because she could recognize the look in the Slytherin's eye from a mile away. Merlin, she'd thought having one of his own would keep him from constantly attempting to make off with hers! Sure enough, the first thing he did as he drew near was greet the two children. Desiree looked up at her 'uncle's' voice, eyes going wide. She pursed her lips thoughtfully; Ada could see the gears turning. If Chris was a wimp, she didn't know what Dominic was. The man was bound and determined to spoil the twins rotten; his adopting Eve had only marginally lessened his attempts to do so. And Desiree, clever little girl that she was, was well aware of that fact.

spacePreoccupied with her daughter as she was, she barely heard Rick's awkward attempt to exit the conversation, but caught Chris' reply, and frowned slightly, swatting the man on his shoulder. "Oh, be nice. You sound like your father," she said with a roll of her eyes. She didn't know what it was, but it always set her on edge when her husband started channeling his dad. There was something weird about seeing Chris, who was usually very sweet and even playful, acting so... she didn't even have a word for it. But it was weird. Desiree frowned at her mother, pointing at her and wagging her finger. "No hitting!" she said, and Ada's expression softened. "Mummy's sorry, Desi," she said, and the child nodded a bit before looking over at Dominic.

space"Gonna see Uncle Dami?" she asked, eyes wide. The red-haired guy she didn't know had asked about him and Aunt Mari when Uncle Dom had walked over. If Dominic was going to see the couple, she wanted to go with him! That way she could ask for cake! She couldn't go by herself, there were too many people everywhere, and she didn't want to be that far from her Mummy and Daddy with so many strangers about... unless someone else was with her. And Uncle Dom would probably get Uncle Dami to give her cake. Uncle Dom could always be counted on to help her get things she wanted. Then again, so could Daddy, and he hadn't this time... hmph. Someone was going to give her cake.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❀ ❀ ❀ thínk σut l σ u d , sαч ít α g α í n
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ tєll mє σ n є m σ r є t í m є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ thαt чσu'll l í v є l σ s t ín mч є ч є s

User Image

Desiree Purple #9D6B84

Diamond Wales

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:37 pm
User Image

♧Start a new fashion, wear your H E A R T on your sleeve
Sometimes you R E A C H what's real just by making believe
Unafraid, unashamed
There is J O Y to be claimed in this world
You even might wind up being glad to be you
E V E R ♧ E V E R ♧ A F T E R

User Image

════════════════════════

Iʀɪsʜ Lᴀss || Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Andi apparated near the Edgeworth's home, her breath quick. The pregnancy test was still clasped tightly in her hands, she'd been too afraid to let it go. It didn't exactly make any sense but it was like this little stick was all that was between her and utter panic. Or it was in fact cause for her utter panic. She wasn't exactly sure what had brought her here except that fact that she needed to talk to someone. Andi had never really felt close to Siobhan but she hoped that was only on her side, though in her mind the woman hated her. Obviously she'd never had anything to lead her to that conclusion but to her it seemed as likely as anything. There had been something Davin liked about this woman, enough to marry her, so maybe she was good at the whole advice thing. Though Andrea knew that was probably the farthest thing from her brother's mind when he'd courted her. Andi walked toward the front door and rapped on the door as hard, trying not to seem overly desperate but fairly certain she was failing miserable. After a moment she slide down the wall to the ground and put her head between her knees. She could do this...she was sure. Or so she hoped anyway.

Cara MiaKitty

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:24 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ wєslєч єdgєwσrth ♥
                                                          Looking Lovely at Home with Andi
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Confused, Concerned
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ What on Earth?! ❞

ít's α m α z í n g hσw чσu cαn spєαk ríght tσ mч hєαrt ◆ ◇ ◆xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          wíthσut sαчíng α wσrd, чσu cαn l í g h t u p thє d α r k ◆ ◇ ◆xxxxxxxxx
                                                          trч αs í m α ч , í cσuld nєvєr є х p l α í n ◆ ◇ ◆xxxxxx
                                                          whαt í h є α r whєn чσu dσn't s α ч α t h í n g ◆ ◇ ◆xxx
                                                          ══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceSiobhan counted herself fortunate that she'd been walking by the front door when the knock had sounded; given the size of the house, there was every chance that it would have gone unheard. Or, more likely, that one of the House-Elves would have heard it and answered in her stead, but she liked to be the one to greet people at the door. She still hadn't quite gotten used to having elves in the first place, really. They were lovely, sure, but sometimes she felt ever so slightly put out by the fact that they were doing... well, almost everything she normally did. The cleaning and all that. Though, she did draw her line at the kitchen. Apparently Brownie had been the one to handle the cooking anyway, so the others were more than happy to leave her to it.

spaceWhen the blonde opened the door, she was startled to find Andi, crouched on the front porch with her head between her knees. What on Earth-! She rushed to the brunette's side, a hand reaching to her shoulder. "Andi, whatever is the matter?" she asked, brows knitting together in concern. Then she spotted the test, clutched tightly in the younger woman's hand, and her eyes went wide. She didn't have to look at the thing to guess what it said; women seldom panicked over a negative pregnancy test, after all. Unless they'd been trying for a very long time to get pregnant and failing, which she was quite certain wasn't the case. Though, she had been living with Wesley for a few months now, so she couldn't say for certain. "Come on, deirfiúr, come inside. Let me get you something to drink," she said, pulling Andi to her feet to lead her inside to the kitchen.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx◆ ◇ ◆ thє smílє σn чσur fαcє lєts mє k n σ w thαt чσu n є є d mє
                                                          xxxxxx◆ ◇ ◆ thєrє's α t r u t h ín чσur є ч є s sαчíng чσu'll n є v є r lєαvє mє
                                                          xxxxxxxxx◆ ◇ ◆ α tσuch σf чσur hαnd sαчs чσu'll c α t c h m є íf єvєr í f α l l
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx◆ ◇ ◆ ч σ u s α ч í t в є s t whєn чσu sαч n σ t h í n g αt α l l

User Image

Maiya Kajuji

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:29 pm
User Image
Unafraid, unashamed

User Image
════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Andi couldn't help but blush as Siobhan arrived to open the door. "Tá brón orm ..." She muttered. She was completely unsure if her brain could handle speaking English at this point. She stood after a moment and followed the blonde woman into her kitchen. "I just need the biggest glass of water you have in this house." She said after a moment. Even if she weren't pregnant that for some odd reason was the only thing she wanted right now. Clearly Siobhan had put two and two together and figured out why she'd come and she was glad. Andi was fairly certain she couldn't say the words aloud yet. Her mind was still trying to figure everything out. Andi wasn't just afraid of being a mother, which she clearly was because she hadn't been prepared for that, but she couldn't help but worry about the other half of the equation; the father. Andi had come back from her latest trip, this time to India, and she'd spent the night with Cadoc. It was the first time they had in weeks, if not months. Both of their lives were so busy it was like they hardly had a chance to see each other. How was she suppose to go to him and tell him that she was going to have his baby? He had a job he loved, a reputation to uphold, and she doubted he was prepared to be a father. She loved him, she really did, but she couldn't be sure he felt the same way, and even if he did Andi didn't want him to be involved because he felt like he had to. "Siobhan, what am I suppose to do?" She asked after a moment, not exactly expecting an answer. She always knew she wanted to be a mother but she hadn't thought it would be like this. In fact Andi had never even thought she could get pregnant, especially now, yet here she was.

Cara MiaKitty

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:04 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ wєslєч єdgєwσrth ♥
                                                          Looking Lovely at Home with Andi
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Confused, Concerned
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ What on Earth?! ❞

spaceOnce she had Andi seated at the kitchen counter, Siobhan grabbed a glass from the cupboard and got the woman a drink, a hand laying gently on her shoulder. The brunette's question made her sigh, and she shrugged, sitting next to her, trying to look as comforting as possible. "Andi, that's up to you," she said gently. "I can't tell you what's best for you; everyone's different. But, I'm guessing you came straight here when you realized, considering the way you were holding the test?" The blonde pursed her lips, inhaling deeply. "I know this wasn't something you planned, obviously... I think you need to figure out if it's what you want. And tell Cadoc. Even if you... if you don't want to be a mother, he might want to be a father." Though she hated the thought of it, her next words were resolute. "If neither of you want the baby... you can always give it up for adoption. You don't have to feel trapped, you know."

spaceAs she spoke, Siobhan couldn't help but remember Andi's drunken words to Kenny at Damien and Marina's wedding, with no small amount of exasperation. The things she'd said... Well, they were apparently coming back to bite her in the arse. She had a feeling that, if her sister-in-law had even the faintest recollection of her actions, and the things she'd said, she might actually realize how foolish it had been. She clearly wasn't overjoyed at the thought of a baby, after all. Still, if that were the case, if Andi didn't warm to the idea, and Cadoc didn't either, the child would probably be happier in the long run, being raised by someone else. She didn't like to think of any relation of hers growing up in an orphanage, but it wasn't her choice. "At this point, Andi, you just need to calm down, and think things through. Be rational. I know it's not always the easiest thing, but it's all you can do. Figure out what you want to do, and what the father wants to do, find a solution, and plan for the future." Honestly, she didn't think she was saying anything that wasn't common sense, but it was highly unlikely that Andi's common sense was currently functioning. She'd found the woman hyperventilating on her porch, after all.

xxxxxx◆ ◇ ◆ thєrє's α t r u t h ín чσur є ч є s sαчíng чσu'll n є v є r lєαvє mє

User Image

Maiya Kajuji

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:15 pm
User Image
Unafraid, unashamed

User Image
════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Andrea listened closely to Siobhan's words, she nodded a bit and before she even knew it her eyes began to fill with tears. She supposed she could blame that on the hormones, or just her own personality. She shook her head as her sister-in-law spoke the words. “No. I want this baby. I want it more than I can even explain, I always have.” Her chest was tight and she could hardly speak. A few tears rolled down her cheeks as she took a big drink of water. “I want to be a mother but...I just...don't know if I'm good enough.” She admitted finally. “I can barely handle myself and it is quite apparent I've never been good with my nieces and nephews.After all she knew it was at least partially her fault Kenny had left the Lowery home anyway.I know I want to be a mother but it just, I didn't think it'd ever happen. Most especially like this.” Andi quieted for a minute and looked that the woman she'd known for so long, yet never really known.

She took a deep breath before speaking again. “I never told you this” she said quietly, holding back her tears, “but a little while ago I got sick. I was traveling at the time and there were some complications...after that I didn't think I could get pregnant, especially at my age, so I tried to put it out of my mind. I mostly succeeded until...well until the wedding. I apparently decided to become a drunk then and I started to think that maybe if Cadoc had committed to something sooner that maybe it wouldn't have happened. It was stupid, both the thought and what I did. I also want you to know I haven't had a drink since then...” She added, if only to feel better about herself. “Sorry about that by the way.” She added, getting a bit stronger.

“I mostly scared. I just don't know what I'm going to do about Cadoc. He's never really shown that he has any interest in being a father. I mean I really have no idea. We haven't talked about it much. I guess that's part of the reason I am so terrified. I don't want to raise this child by myself but I'm afraid I might have to. I love him though, I really really do.” She was silent for a moment. She'd always had dreams of being whisked off by her Prince Charming right out of school then having children later. And not accidentally. Her plans had gone South very quickly but she'd decided to be content with her life as it had been, after all the traveling was good so was being with Cadoc, now that easy life was gone. She did however suppose it was time for her to finally be an adult.

She finally spoke again, looking into Siobhan's eyes for what was really the first time since she'd come.
“How did you do it? You and Davin?” Clearly the situation wasn't quite the same, they'd planned, or at least as far as she had known. She once again wished her brother was here for her to talk to. She always had felt like he had the right answers when she needed them, though Siobhan was right this was on her. She sighed again and ran a hand through her dark hair before taking another long drink of water.

Cara MiaKitty

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:55 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ wєslєч єdgєwσrth ♥
                                                          Looking Festive in the Entryway with Wesley
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Lively
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Christmastime always perks me up. ❞

spaceSiobhan had spent the better part of the day directing any-and-every one who was willing to lend a helping hand with the last bit of decorating that needed to be done. She would have done it herself, except she'd been in the kitchen, cooking up a storm. Thankfully, Damien and Brownie had come over around noon to help with that. Having the extra hands had been extremely helpful, particularly since she'd had Cotton and Sherry on decorating duty. With the exception of the tree, obviously, which she'd set Wesley and the kids on. She hadn't seen it as of yet, but she was hoping that Kenny's artistic knack would've ensured that he didn't allow the others to leave it looking too bad. She was more worried that the lot of them had driven poor Marina insane. But, she hadn't heard any screaming, and no one had run into the kitchen covered in blood, so she was assuming they were safe.

spaceThe blonde finished getting dressed and made her way down to the entryway, mentally checking off everything on her list as she did so. To her delight, everything looked about as close to perfect as she could have hoped. Normally she wouldn't have worried about it quite so much, given that the majority of the attendees to this little get together were family and close friends, but the small percentage of the list that didn't fall under that category, she wanted to make a good impression on. Kenny was smitten with his girlfriend, at least from her observation, so obviously she wanted to make sure that there was no tension between his family and hers. Antony had seemed nice enough when he'd stopped by her shop, if a bit obvious with his intentions. She'd admit, she wanted the Tempests to think well of her family... But she was also going to be watching them like a hawk. And that went double for Pru's boyfriend. She'd discovered earlier that day that between her daughter and her husband, the young man would be the only one of his brood in attendance, which annoyed her to no end, but she'd let it slide... Mostly because it was too late to do anything about it. She'd just have to find another way to meet the rest of his family.

spaceShe smiled as she met her husband at the bottom of the stairs, wrapping her arms over his shoulders and pressing a kiss to his cheek. "It's very festive, Wesley dear," she told him, wrinkling her nose in amusement. He sighed, but smiled, shoulders slumping a bit. "I'm glad, I was worried you'd make us take it all down and do it again," he teased, hands resting on her waist. She could tell he was nervous, but it couldn't be helped; it wasn't her fault the man's social skills extended only to eleven-year-old muggleborns. Well, and his co-workers, but they'd not invited Deveron for a number of reasons. Michael was family, so the McHalen brood was supposed to come, but Deveron and his lot would probably be more trouble than she wanted to deal with tonight. Not that she didn't appreciate his sense of humor most of the time, but there was a time and a place for such things, and he could never seem to care about that fact. She offered Wesley a small smile, then kissed him. "I notice there is a distinct lack of mistletoe," she quipped, and he rolled his eyes. "And for good reason," he replied, drawing a snicker from her.

User Image

Wesley Grey #738678

The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

Essy ze Ninja

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:43 pm
Something’s happening to me and you;
Lighting up the night brighter than the moon...
I couldn't stop it even if we wanted to!
Tell me I’m not dreaming-
Uh oh, I’m out of my depth-
Struggling to breathe, got to catch my breath!
A little voice saying yes yes yes...
I can hear the sirens screaming,
When you touch me, when you hold me.

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

FORMER SLYTHERINPROUD HALFBLOODAUROREXPECTING

Marina was beginning to wonder when this hell ever ended. By hell, she didn't mean the party, which was perfectly lovely so far and would hopefully stay that way, but the whole 'another human being growing inside me' thing. It was starting to get old. The Showing, as she liked to call the bump currently protruding against the fabric of her maternity dress (which she had instinctively hated with all the strength of a thousand exploding suns when she first realized she really needed to buy a few maternity things, but had now warmed up to a bit) was big. Not massive 'she's about to pop', but sizable. She was most certainly pregnant with a capital P. Additionally? They'd started moving. Like some science fiction creature. Inside her. Granted, Marina was sure they'd been moving around before, just a lot less... noticeably... but at least they hadn't been kicking her then! She was trying not to dissolve into theatrics about the whole thing, but honestly? Her back hurt like hell right now, as did her feet, even though she was wearing the most comfortable pair of flats she could find, the sh*tling was sporadically kicking her (they'd kept her up all last night with the gymnastics). Her ankles were slightly swollen, and she was grateful they were only slightly. Her only consolation was that at least she hadn't reached the point where she was waddling along yet, and that at least her morning sickness had ended.

Three more months, she consoled herself silently. Three more months and no more cooing from strangers and 'can I touch your bump?' and 'boy or girl?' and no more aching and swelling and kicking. March and they'd be out and she and Damien would have the finished product. The Real Deal, so to speak. Marina kept trying to picture it; the birth, being handed a crying red faced infant... and she couldn't. It just seemed like a weird dream. It was hard to believe that would be her, that pregnant woman they always showed in films and on television, breathing heavily and screaming (she hoped there would be less screaming) while pushing her kid out into the world. That was going to be her, and the hovering dad was going to be Damien, and it all seemed very strange. If they were muggles, they would know the gender already and would be headed to a hospital the minute she went into labor. They were not, so they didn't, and they weren't, and the fact that she was probably going to give birth on the bed she slept on every night was freaking her out just a tad. What if something went horribly wrong? What if something happened to them? What if something happened to her? She wasn't sure of what she felt for the 'them' inside her; she assumed it was love, of course, but it wasn't that easily described. Marina certainly didn't resent them (well, only when they were pulling a d**k move), and she wanted them, but they definitely weren't her 'little peanut' or her 'beautiful angel'. It was more like they were... frenemies. Yes. Great description, me.

Should she be seated somewhere? She wanted to sit, but felt as though she should stand, to present a strong front for the veritable army of guests due to arrive very, very soon. She stood near the foot of the stairs, one hand on her bump, as it hoping that some sort of 'motherly presence' aka 'LOOK MUMMY IS RIGHT HERE PLEASE STOP KICKING OKAY?' would calm the sh*tling, who was delivering a gleeful barrage of kicks as if in training for the martial arts world competition. Pru was standing beside her, looking very much like she was trying to hide a case of 'boyfriend meeting the family' nerves, which Marina remembered somewhat fondly. "Relax, Pru," she told the anxious teenager more serenely than she felt at the moment. "It'll be fine." It had better be fine, at any rate.

OOC:
Username

I don’t care, I’m in too deep,
You’re like a riptide dragging me away!
Adrenaline kicking and my heartbeat thumping...
Riptide underneath the waves-
Hold on tight, 'cause it’s the start of something-
Gotta love this riptide!
Nothing's ever gonna feel so fine.
I finally found a little piece of paradise;
It’s like I’m living in a different life.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:26 pm
User Image
                                                  I know we got it good, but they got it made,
                                                  And their grass is getting greener each day,
                                                  I know things are looking up, but soon they'll take us down,
                                                  Before anybody's knowing our name

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny was sitting on the couch in the living room, his knee jiggling and his teeth gnawing on his bottom lip as he waited for the minutes to go by before Jojo and the rest of the family arrived. He was honestly hoping the evening would go well, and dreading that his da had managed to get Aedan to come to the event. If he had... Kenny shook his head. He was certain that if his other father showed up, he was walking out the door. Heck, he didn't even know if Aedan even realized that Kenny had moved out. If he tried to be the father he should have been years ago... Kenny just shook his head, thinking that that line of thought was going to drive him crazy. Instead, he decided to think about other things. Like, oh say, if his other siblings decided to show up and mention anything about his kleptomania. That would go over wonderfully. He didn't think Steffi would mention it, but it was a possibility.

Deciding that he had enough of sitting, he stood up and went to check the tree again, knowing he didn't have to, but he did it anyway. Every gift that was already here was tucked underneath of it, and he was just trying to ease his nerves. Pretty soon, everyone was going to be here, and it was either going to be a disaster of epic proportions, or it was going to go smoothly. He was just hoping that he was working himself up and really had nothing to worry about instead of somehow being a latent Seer and predicting a tragedy that would make the story of Romeo and Juliet just seem like a teenage drama.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: I am hoping tonight doesn't blow up...
                                                  Taken By: Persephone Tempest
                                                  OOC:

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice?
                                                  Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
                                                  Between the noise you hear, and the sounds you like
                                                  Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:31 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindor purebloodcaptain & keeper fourth year

Pru was generally not a worrier; it wasn't as if she could predict the future, so she didn't see much point in angsting about it. However, since procuring a boyfriend at the age of fourteen, she found herself slightly more self conscious in regard to some things... Things like her boyfriend meeting her whole, crazy, family. She loved her family, she really did, or at least most of it, but that didn't mean she wanted Addy to necessarily meet all of them. Her mum was bad enough... Pru was still outraged, but not surprised, that she'd wanted to invite all of Addy's family. They were dating, for Merlin's sake, not engaged. She hoped he got here before everyone else... wait, no she didn't, that would be worse. She hoped he was here a little late, while her mum was preoccupied with other guests and not available to swoop in and pepper him with questions. Marina's advice made her glance up at the young woman and nod, trying to look cool and collected and not like a tremendous git. Was her dresss too short? She felt like it was; that's why she was wearing what she felt like were slightly childish looking flats. Oh well. Whatever. She was still a kid, right? Ugh, she needed to calm down. It was a party, not torture.

OOC:
Username

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:59 pm
Don't take this the wrong way,
You knew who I was with every step that I ran to you,
Only blue or black days,
Electing strange perfections in any stranger I choose.
Would things be easier if there was a right way?
Honey, there is no right way.

User Image
User Image

▷Former Hufflepuff▷Muggleborn▷Married to Aedan Lowery▷Sticky Wicket Owner and Chef

→Ciaran had been in a tough position when he was getting ready for tonight. First he had to ask himself if he wanted to battle the wards surrounding the barn just so he could battle his own husband into remembering that not only was it the Holidays but also that his own sister-in-law had invited all of them to the manor. Admittedly, and this hurt him more than he'd like, he felt it would just be a waste of energy at this point and just settled on leaving Aedan a note on where they were if he'd like to join them. He then went to help Caty get ready before he was ever so politely informed that she was a "big girl, and practically ready for Hogwarts Da!" and that she would call him when she needed help with her hair and nothing more. It was all rather adorable also rather saddening; his baby girl was growing up and he had to accept it like he had to accept that his two boys were growing as well. Kenny wasn't too much of a surprise, he had been nearly eleven by the time they finally adopted so him growing older was heartbreaking but inevitable. Rhys was a little harder though, he'd always had his little bookworm close by even when he was with his Aunt at the pet store so having him away for long periods like this took some getting used to. When Caty leaves for Hogwarts next year he wasn't exactly sure what'd he do then. It would feel real the sort of life he was living, if he could actually call this living. He wiped a bit of moisture from the corner of his eye petulantly as he buttoned up his red shirt. He would not cry! He couldn't afford to. The Hufflepuff lightly smacked his cheeks a few times to redden them up from their pale state that was becoming to be their norm. Since many of their problems originated from his husband spending more time on his work than his family, Ciaran had been working harder and harder for that not to happen with himself. That meant sometimes working longer hours during the weekend or week day so he could spend more time at home. But those times he spent at home he also wanted to make sure that his few workers weren't losing money for his selfishness meaning he was both gaining and losing more money this quota than he had in any others since he'd purchased the business. This also meant his health was starting to take a downturn, but it was all worth it! For his family, anything was.

After doing her hair, making sure Rhys was also dressed for the occasion, and grabbing everyone's presents and candies, he aparated both children to the Edgeworth and gave a low whistle to the decorations before giving everyone a giant grin. "Wooow! Everythin' looks amazin'! So festive!" Caty, of course, ran straight to Kenny granting him with the biggest hug her small arms could warrant. She had missed her older brother, more so this past year with Rhys being gone as well. There was no one at home beside Da and Daddy and well, she'd begun to lose hope that her Daddy was every really coming home even if he was only in the backyard. But she didn't want her Da to feel bad! He still walked by Kenny's old room and looked so sad...so she'd decided that she'd always try to make him happy no matter what! It was hard but maybe now with everyone it wouldn't have to be! "I brought fairy dust for the tree! It won't make it float but it'll make it look all shimmery! I already tried it out on the tree back...on another tree!" the little girl faltered a bit before pushing back on her megawatt smile. She hadn't wanted to say "back home" because it didn't really feel that way anymore. And she felt so terrible for thinking that because her Da tried so hard..but she wasn't going to think about that right now!

The young girl ran over to Pru giving her father the chance to give his own hug to his eldest while she babbled at the older girl about her newest adventures, about how pretty she looked and how they matched and everything, even about this boy in her class she absolutely detested ("He always shoves me and calls me a liar when I talk about my sword fighting but he never accepts any of my challenges when he asks me to prove it! Coward!") while Ciaran gave his nervous looking son a knowing smirk. "Ye worried we'll run off yer lil' girlfrien' with our usual flair? Don' be! We'll jus' scare her a lil.' Kiddin'! I'm kiddin', we'll be a wholesome respectable fam. Wit yer girlfrien'. Pru's lil' arm candy is still open season." the candy maker said with a gleeful smirk.←

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

And so I fall in love just a little, oh a little bit every day with someone new
I fall in love just a little, oh a little bit every day with someone new

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash