Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Party Tent: The Masquerade Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
User Image
User Image

All my life I've been good but now I'm thinking "What the hell?"
❤ All I want is to mess around, and I don't really care about

Stepping into the tent, Andi looked around curiously. So many masked faces. Did she know any of them? Doubtful, but one could hope, right? Gliding across the floor, her blue dress swirling around her legs, she looked for a familiar figure. Two boys dancing? One was about her cousin's height and had the ebony locks that she knew well. That had to be Bradley and Tobi. The teen smiled, finding their dancing to be absolutely adorable. But there, against the wall, staring out at the sea of hidden faces... Her mother? Maybe. Or just another woman? Andi shrugged off the feeling and continued to make her way through the tent. There were couples dancing, a creepy white haired man following people around and, from what she could see, annoying them all to death, and a lone man walking away. Hmm... He would do for now. Stealthily, Andi crossed the floor and approached the man. His bright red mask countered her own silver one in the most perfect way. The man's deep eyes seemed familiar, but behind the mask, she couldn't place them. A finger twirled a bit of her hair around her finger, blonde and pink mixing with black, as her blue eyes found his and a smirk fell upon her features. "Hey there, mysterious stranger. Care to dance?" she asked. Something about this man seemed very familiar to her... but she just couldn't put her finger on a name. It seemed to be on the tip of her tongue, at the edge of her memory, right out of her grasp. But he was fairly handsome behind that mask of his. By the end of the night, she would discover his identity. This she knew for sure.

If you love me, if you hate me, you can't save me, baby, baby ❤
All my life I've been good but now "What the hell?"

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:10 pm
User Image
User Image

|||Third Year|||Ravenclaw|||Single|||

Lyre smiled, then giggled at his rather panicked reaction. "Don't be afraid. I won't bite!" Violet eyes peered up at the boy, watching him. He seemed such a jittery person, but she had no clue why. Was he nervous of her? She really didn't pose much threat.... unless... he was nervous of her in a good way... Her cheeks went a bit pinker, a shy smile showing now. He said she looked wonderful, and her heart swooned. She wanted so badly to know who he was! Then again, if they knew who everyone was, he probably wouldn't have chosen her to dance. She wasn't much in the way of looks, and she really didn't have any friends. Next thing she knew, he was offering her hand and asking for a dance. "I-I'd love to." Her small hand laid in his, sending a rush of emotions barreling through. Her cheeks flushed further, but she stepped closer to the boy, laying her hand daintily on his shoulder. Her eyes were practically glowing with excitement for the dancing.

{OoC: Nuh! My hat! Have Nervous!Lyre}
IceGrayWolf

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:39 pm
User Image

❝The story of your life is so twisted 'cause someone out there is missing everything you do

The story of your life is unwritten, so put me down as your ticket; don't even fight it

Leave behind your troubled eyes; See brand new what I can do; Just say yes if you really want me to❞

User Image
After a fun day at the circus (while avoiding all the clowns), Annabeth was ready for the masquerade. Nervously, she peeked her head into the tent and looked around. Was anyone paying attention? No? Good. The girl stepped inside, her gold heels catching the light and shimmering. She casually began to walk along the outskirts of the tent, curiously watching the other masked figures in the room. Some were dancing, others were chatting, but all were a mystery. Behind her own crimson mask, blue eyes wandered the floor. Should she take a chance and find a dance partner? Or stay hidden in the shadows and only observe? Her gaze swept over two boys who were dancing. They seemed to be having a great time. What would Tobi and Bradley do if they knew she was hiding out like this? Drag her to the floor, that's what they would do. Annabeth awkwardly poked at one of her chocolate curls, too nervous to even set foot on the dance floor. Would she end up regretting this night before it had even started? Or would some masked stranger appear to sweep her off her feet?

❝Now take a chance and call me crazy! Smile kid, there's only one way out
We can stay like this or go, go, go; We can take it too fast or take it slow

We can spend our lives oceanside, or count the stars in the desert on a magic night
You can lie awake in bed, or come and sleep with me instead

If you give me one chance to take your hand
I'll fill the empty pages as you write the story of your life❞

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:57 pm
User Image
User ImageGryffindorFourth YearSeekerWriterPureblood

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door—
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more."

Romulus sighed as he stepped in, feeling like a fool. His sister had demanded he come, then, of course, left him in order to, for lack of a better word, dance. He looked around, eyes itchy due to the contacts he was wearing. There was a reason he always wore glasses, but, as Remy had proved, it was difficult to wear them and a mask. Regardless, blue eyes looked around, searching. They finally settled on a girl standing quite alone. With some burst of courage, the teen walked over to her. "Hi there. Erm... I noticed you over here all alone, so I figured I'd come join you... and perhaps... maybe... offer a dance?" Why was he so flipping nervous?! It's not like he was talking to Anna, or something! Why was this random girl making his heart skip? A blush touched his cheeks, then he offered his hand politely to the girl.

Wearing

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted—Nevermore!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:08 pm
User Image

User Image

Heather stood along the edge of the tent, watching the others dance and talk and be social. She was more or less here to observe, seeing as Chase wasn't here. Or was he? She really couldn't tell who was who with the masks and all. Well, Remy would be easy to find, since she knew what she was wearing and with her eye color. And Romy would be easy to identify as well. But anyone else? She'd be lucky to guess their name. Speaking of her brother and sister, they seemed to be having a good time. Remy was dancing with some guy and looked about ready to die, while Romy was asking a girl to dance. It was quite the romantic scene, if you asked her. In her darker colored dress, Heather hoped to remain hidden among the shadows in the tent. Black and royal purple cloaked the teen, her face concealed behind a similarly colored mask. Blonde locks were curled and pulled up, away from her face. The same teal eyes shone from beneath her mask, however, glancing at each face, attempting to find someone she knew, or maybe someone she thought she knew, or maybe someone she knew from some dream of hers.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:29 pm
User Image

User Image

And now I walk a lonely road...

Chris blinked at Dante before Ada's friend dragged the girl over. He blinked again as the man decided to take her friend up on her offer of a dance. Well then. He shifted nervously, knowing that he was under scrutiny from several parties. He bit his lower lip, being careful not to expose his canines. If anything, that might scare Ada off faster than anything.

Finally, he just took a deep breath and decided to do it. If anything, he was probably in trouble with the rest of the vampires anyway, might as well go all the way, right? "Umm, Hi Ada. Nice night tonight." could have kicked himself. Nice night? What kind of response was that? Might as well have commented on the weather. "Sorry about that. My brother's a bit of a hothead sometimes." Okay, so maybe his mental facilities have just flown. Really? That was the best he could come up with? Steeling himself, he decided to take the plunge, and he was sure if his heart still beat, it would be pounding a mile a minute. "Would you like a dance? I mean, this is a dance and everything, and we can if you want to. I mean..." He took another breath and felt words rush out in a steady stream. "WhatImeanisthatIwouldlovetodancewithyouifthat'sallrightandIhopeyoudon'tmindmeaskingcauseyou'rereallyprettytonightandIammakingthissoundreallyawkwardaren'tI?"

With no light to guide my way.

--------------------------
State: Nervous
OOC: ...
--------------------------

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:49 pm
User Image
User Image

Yves blinked. She thought his eyes were beautiful? He just thought they were normal. He could almost feel a blush rise to his cheeks, and he was suddenly glad that the mask hid most of it. He twirled her a bit before holding her again, moving in sync to the music. "Well, may I say zat you 'appen to be a wonderful dancer. I would 'ave not thought it was your first time." Which was true. If he didn't know any better, he would have thought she was an athlete by the way it came easily to her. Which might be true, now that he thought about it.

He twirled her once more before drawing her back in. "I know zis may seem a bit forward, but would vous like for me to draw your eyes? I must admit, zey are gorgeous, and probably one of your best features." Okay, maybe it had more to do with the fact he wanted to look at them more, and perhaps know the girl behind the mask, but he could always get into that later. Right now, he was just enjoying this dance with this girl, and perhaps wondering about truly meeting the girl behind the mask.

Thinking: That would be an interesting experience.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:51 pm
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Sixth Year || Chaser || Prefect || My Love

A party. A masquerade at that. This, perhaps, was the first time Chase ever set foot in a big social event. To be frank, he didn't really like it. The air filled with so much noise, it hurt his head and the floor was littered with bodies swirling and twirling amidst the crowds. Dresses fluttered and fake rose petals flew about. It felt like one of those high-class events. So why the heck was Chase there?

Oh yeah. Because the others ditched him. Miles, his father, excused himself from this with the reason that he had loads of paperwork to finish, and Sicilia just didn't want to step foot into a tent "filled with magic-y, wizard-y folks". Sun was being a recluse and Autumn was home sick with the flu. So that left Chase, the awkward one, going to the masquerade alone. In some suit and mask that felt like it was suffocating his cells to death. Ugh. He should've came up with something like, "I was behind on my studies" or something. With nothing to do, the Ravenclaw stood to the side, wondering when this will be over.

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:55 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking like a dark Fairy Tale at the Masquerade Ball.space
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Chrisspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tumultuousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ooh, this is so exciting! It's like out of a Fairy Tale!' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide muttered a small curse when she realized that Michelle had her figured out. She really needed to get better at not letting everything show on her sleeve. Of course, it didn't help that even when she was being subtle, Michelle could read her like a book. She blushed bright red when the Slytherin's hand caught her neck, not really fighting against being pushed towards the object of her obsession but not exactly going along with it either, because really, how much more embarrassing could this get? She realized that she probably made it look way worse by not walking on her own and, red as a cherry tomato, brushed Michelle's hand away for the last few feet, eyeing the Slytherin warily. What on Earth was she thinking? When she told White Fox she'd dance with him, Ada started to argue. That guy was a total creep, and she did not want her friend dancing with him! But she knew exactly what Michelle was doing, and she had to say... it was rather nice to have a friend who had her back like that. Even if she was going to make a complete fool of herself in front of the guy, at least she was being given the opportunity to do so, right? Michelle's final push had her ducking her head down so that what little hair wasn't in her braided updo would fall in her face, and she grimaced slightly when she realized that the two thin chunks were not even remotely hiding her blush.

She forced herself to met Chris' eyes, and noticed him biting his lip. Oh, that was so cute. It totally sailed over her head that he was nervous, because obviously she was the one who needed to be nervous, right? His comment on the evening and apology for his brother made her wring her hands behind her back.
                                                          "Oh, um, it's, it's fine. I mean, that, uh, that guy... he's really... he creeps me out. I mean, he's a weird guy, and he's, uh, he's sort of rude and he... he asked me to dance and, I mean, there's no way I'm dancing with him, I can't believe Michelle is. But she's only doing it so-" Ada literally choked on her throat when she realized what she'd been about to say. Stupid! Don't tell him that! Even if he can totally tell that's what she's doing you shouldn't say it because that just looks so pathetic! She blushed furiously. "I mean, it was nice of him to try to intervene, um... I mean I guess he wasn't really doing it on my behalf or whatever but it still made White Fox or whatever his stupid name is go away so it worked, right?" She smiled nervously. Oh, this was so awkward. If anything, she was behaving about a million times worse than she had when they'd first met. Of course, at the time she'd been half-asleep and fueled by adrenaline from having to sneak around so she didn't get caught out, so that might have accounted for most of her brash attitude. This... this was just terribly awkward.

When he asked her to dance, she swore, she almost fainted. Seriously? She was all for fairy tale romances and all, but that was just ridiculous. Fainting. That was probably the dumbest response a girl could ever have to being asked to dance ever. Her own response once again distracted her from the fact that the words had fallen from his lips at such a pace that there were a few people nearby who weren't even sure what he'd actually said. She'd understood it; she'd understood perfectly, even if she couldn't believe it. She might be having a bit of trouble accepting that she'd just heard what she thought she had. She wanted to slap herself for it, but then it registered that he'd asked her to dance.

He'd asked her to dance.

Her eyes went wide and she met his, her expression one of shock. Her face went a bit pale, some of the blood rushing out of her cheeks rather than more trying to cram itself in, and she simply nodded. Words stuck in her throat. Yes, I would absolutely love to dance with you. Yes, I think that would be very nice.

Yes, I mean I only came here tonight hoping that you'd be here and ask me to dance like something out of a book I read once.

In the end, a simple,
                                                          "Yes, please," and her hand extended for him to take was all that she could muster. She was far too dumbstruck for much else. Her mouth quirked into a small smile, her eyes bright, the gold flecks shining in the light. He'd asked her to dance. He'd called her pretty. Not cute, not adorable. Pretty. She didn't think anyone had ever called her that before. Her heart swelled and pounded, and she prayed that her palms weren't sweaty. She cursed herself for deciding to go with the black bolero jacket instead of leaving her shoulders bare and wearing the black lace gloves; but, it was too late to go back and change that. So, she could only hope that her body was on her side and had decided to refrain from that particular response. If her hands weren't sweaty, then this moment was perfect.

If they were... well, she supposed she couldn't have everything she wanted.

═════════════════════════════════
                                                          'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
Sixth YearPrefectCaptainWerewolfChaserGryffindor
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ twirled, feeling more than a bit awkward in her steps. He complimented her on dancing? HER?!?! "Maybe it's just the partner that makes it lovely." Her cheeks showed color and she could have slapped herself. That could not have sounded any lamer. At least he couldn't see her blush... right?

His next question had her stall in steps. He wanted to draw her? How freaking romantic was that?! Argh! This French boy was making her head spin! He was so sweet! "Would that be with or without the mask?" Her hand lightly tightened around his, eyes sparking with excitement. One of her best features? She had never thought of that about herself. Did she have other amiable features, or were her eyes the main focus? Maybe if she better emphasized other.. areas.... A blush rose to her cheeks as her thoughts wandered. "Sure. Yes. I mean... uh... Oui?" Okay... so maybe she'd bought a French phrase book.... Still didn't excuse her word coming out as "Oo-wee" as opposed to it's correct sound.

UT
f
HARACTER

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:32 pm
User Image
To this world I'm unimportant
Just because I have nothing to give
So you call this your free country
Tell me why it cost so much to live
Tell me why

User Image

Chalmes was frowning at the entire interaction between his brother and the white guy. the fact the other still bothered him was enough to make him want to really deck the guy. However, when one of the girls made some comment about his own response to the situation, he made a noncommittal grunt. Well, if she wanted to threaten him, then fine, whatever. He was used to it, as the other girl seemed to realize. Well, that went par for course. What confused him was when the one girl dragged the other over to Chris. He was about to head in that direction when he realized that Chris seemed... Nervous? No, not quite nervous, or maybe completely nervous. But more like that was what he was waiting for. Okay, next time, he was going to smack the back of his twin's head. Really, he could have asked Chalmes what you do with girls. It wasn't like he had no experience.

He however was too engrossed with his twin's issues (no, not issues, subscriptions) that he was unprepared for someone approaching him. Blinking, he noticed a girl with pink streaks in her hair. Well now, that wasn't something you saw everyday. It was also unexpected when she asked him to dance. "Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? I mean, aren't I supposed to ask you?" Well, it was true. However, he gave the girl a half-grin as he thought about it. Well, it was something he didn't mind. He wasn't as old-fashioned as his brother or father, but he was sure he'd enjoy himself. "Well, why not. I mean, I don't mind having a dance if you want to."

-------------------------
State: Curious
-------------------------

This world can turn me down
But I won’t turn away
And I won’t duck and run
Cause I'm not built that way
When everything is gone there
Is nothing there to fear
This world cannot bring me down
No cause I'm already here

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:44 pm
User Image

❝The story of your life is so twisted 'cause someone out there is missing everything you do

The story of your life is unwritten, so put me down as your ticket; don't even fight it

Leave behind your troubled eyes; See brand new what I can do; Just say yes if you really want me to❞

User Image
Annabeth paused to look at the young man speaking to her. His blue eyes peered out from behind a red and gold mask, and she couldn't help but to get lost in them. They seemed so... familiar. Yet she couldn't place them just yet. Giving the boy a once-over, she found that he seemed to be dressed to match her attire. Weird. "Oh... I... I'd love to." she muttered before taking the boy's hand. She could feel the heat rushing to her face. No one treated her this way, other than... Could it be? Hmm. Maybe. She'd have to wait and see. Maybe she could gather some more clues as to who this young man truly was. "Just a warning though. I've never danced before in my life." she added, smiling at the mysterious young man. Would she be able to unmask this boy and reveal his true identity?

❝Now take a chance and call me crazy! Smile kid, there's only one way out
We can stay like this or go, go, go; We can take it too fast or take it slow

We can spend our lives oceanside, or count the stars in the desert on a magic night
You can lie awake in bed, or come and sleep with me instead

If you give me one chance to take your hand
I'll fill the empty pages as you write the story of your life❞

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:55 pm
User Image

User Image

Gearvin smiled at the lady as he took her hand. He held her and as they started dancing, a thought occurred to him. He didn't see many people there, and it was a surprise that one would be unescorted. Generally such events had couples coming together, but not today. It was probably going to nag at him, and, as it had once before, his curiosity was starting to get the better of him. Blasted thing. cocking an eyebrow, even though it was hidden behind the mask, he decided he had to ask. "If I may be so bold, but what would a stunning woman such as yourself be doing at an event such as this unaccompanied? Do not get me wrong, I am actually quite glad that I am not the only adult here without someone, but it seems, interesting to say the least."

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Being courteous and proper

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:57 pm
User Image

User Image

Although Heather would have loved to lurk at the edge of the party all night, she soon got rather bored. Watching people have fun could only be fun for so long, after all. It seemed like, thus far, her sister and brother were having more of a good time than she would the entire night. Sighing, the teen started walking along the side of the tent, keeping out of anyone's way. She debated just leaving, but the thought disappeared when she saw someone very, very familiar to her. The long black hair that could only belong to the lithe body of a Chaser with deep blue eyes that could only be one person... "Chase?" she whispered to the masked figure, teal eyes locked on the blue one of the young man. If she was wrong, she would be highly embarrassed and would probably leave the tent. But if she was right... then she may have found someone to spend this magical night with.

User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:15 pm
User Image
User Image

All my life I've been good but now I'm thinking "What the hell?"
❤ All I want is to mess around, and I don't really care about

Andi chuckled to herself. Well, wasn't he a feisty one? Good. She liked feisty. Better to have a man with some attitude than one who agreed with everything you said with a "yes, dear" manner of doing things. Twirling the same piece of hair around her finger, the teen smiled at the young man once again, a bit sweeter this time. "Is there a rule book somewhere that says the boy has to ask the girl? Last I checked, I could do as I please. And I asked you for a dance." she said. He really only had two choices. Dance with her, or sit alone for the rest of the night. Or, at least for a few minutes. She was sure that, with his looks, he could get snatched up in two point five seconds flat. When he agreed, Andi grinned, her pearly whites flashing in the lights that shined down from above them. "Great! Let's go then, Pretty Boy." she said, taking his hand in hers and tugging him towards the dance floor.

If you love me, if you hate me, you can't save me, baby, baby ❤
All my life I've been good but now "What the hell?"

Diamond Wales

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out