Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Fairway Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:52 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image
apprentice - potioneer
flint family
- daughter
ex - ravenclaw

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phinelia walked a bit blindly among the crowd of the Fairway. She had arrived at the action of touching the Portkey with the discussed the decision that there would be chance here to meet a few of her friends, if not at least have a bit of fun. She had seen the posters and announcements, as she was sure everyone else in this area of England had, and still found them as amusingly-obnoxious as she had the first time. However, Phi enjoyed entertainment, as did any human soul, as therefore she hesitated only a touch before grasping the bent spoon that had transported her here.
She found her senses and instincts instantly set to a vague defensive at the amount of people crowded in the one space; eyes searching their ranks for any suspicious activity. Even without a mission assigned here, Phi was already easily falling into the habits of the Sly Fox. She found a comfort in them.
With a smiling breath, she decided on a direction and began walking it, eager and excited to bump into any acts being preformed by the circus, talents being shown, possibly a friend, maybe even an enemy.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:52 pm
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserPureBlood

Dhyl nodded, then watched as his sister skipped back, munching her treat. She cuddled into her brother's side, confused as to why he was upset. Green eyes flicked to the other boy, then back to Dhyl. "A great dishonor? At least your parents call you by the correct name. I get anything other than my name by... her, and my father's taken to addressing me as Son. He doesn't even differentiate between me and the infant." He ran another hand through his hair and huffed. Minn looked up at him, feeling a mix of pity and annoyance. She'd had to listen to him preach this many times. "Dhylly, just 'cause she's not mommy doesn't mean you get to be mean to her! And Daddy loves you!" Dhyl rolled his eyes, then looked at Eun. He'd half forgotten the other teen was still there. His mind grasped at straws, searching for a new topic. "Erm... Quidditch. You said you're a reserve seeker? Ah... is Seeking fun?" He blinked. Nice save, idjit.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Sir Spazalots

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:57 pm
Why is that you could only see the worst in me?
I swear sometimes I feel like it nurtures me
But to keep it all real, it's kinda hurting me
I could say Im done with it, but it lurks in meI swear to God, everything in life is old
And the only thing that changes is the price of gold
Even in the afterlife I will fight your soul
Because the second time around Ill be twice as bold

User Image

Lorelai Emma Brookwater
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Halfblood

☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾
Lorelai showed up to the fair nervously, hoping to find Rick. This had been her first time out of the house since she got home, and already it felt like too much. The sights and sound were drowning Lore and she felt like there was a tide of something pushing her away. But she moved through the crowd, coming onto the fairway with a final sigh of discontent. She looked around for a shock of red hair, but every time she thought she might have seen Rick it was just someone else. After what must have been an hour of looking, she finally gave up and let herself go into the crowd, swaying like kelp under the water. The lights threw stars in her eyes and she started to breathe heavily, unable to swallow or move much. She hoped someone would find her in this sea of unfamiliar faces, but at the moment all she could do was hold back the anxious tears that threatened to spill down her face.
☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾ ☽☆☼☆ ☾

You've got me thinking twice to just breathe
Then you say I wont survive if I leave
But I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve
I no longer need your attention, at ease
But Its a joke, its a game,
Why am I still keeping score?
Im in pain, Im ashamed
Im a woman, hear me roar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Miss GryffindorK

User ImageUser Image

Eun shrugged. Honestly what the boy said was little consolation. It seemed they both had a bad situation with the parents. As Minn came back over Eun smiled at her. His smile swapped to the boy again. "Yep!" He said cheerfully. He was so excited his eyes flashed from brown to gold.

He smiled widely, basically bouncing on the spot. "Seeker is the funnest position, you get to do crazy things on your broom like the Wronski Feint! You have not lived until you drop 50 feet straight down on the broom and pulling up at the last moment. Its such a rush!" he said as he looked at the boy smiling. Oh god. I'm babbling! he thought as he looked at the boy. He started giggling at the thought. "Sorry, I just love the thrill." he said as he smiled.  

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:52 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl blinked at Eun's eyes, watching as they went from deep brown to bright gold. "I happen to know another thrill-seeker on a broom. In fact, her eyes are the same as yours now. Although, she doesn't play Seeker now does she?" Of course his thoughts pointed to the Gryffindor Captain. She'd been his biggest rival in the game since he started. He could swear her eyes had been a different color, once upon a time. Maybe she was a Metamorphmagus as well? Would explain her overly long hair and weird colored eyes... but not why she didn't have rainbow hair as a constant. "Is it possible to be a half Metamorphmagus?" Ever curious, he was. Maybe he could figure out the odd magic that the boy had? He reached his hand out, softly touching Eun's hair. "Dhyl.. what are you doing? I know it's soft and all but... YOU'RE TOUCHING HIS HAIR! DHYLAN! MOVE YOUR HAND!!!" Maybe if he did his color-changing thing... the magic would transfer? A few seconds of him awkwardly touching the other boy's hair, Dhylan's cheeks colored. He slowly pulled his hand away, then looked anywhere but Eun's eyes. Minn's eyes widened and her mouth formed a huge grin. The pre-teen looked like a fangirl who's OTP just worked.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Sir Spazalots

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:39 pm
Who's gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Who's gonna HELP us SURVIVE
We're in the FIGHT of our LIVES
And we're not READY to DIE
Who's gonna FIGHT for the WEAK
Who's gonna MAKE 'em BELIEVE
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FIFTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image

It's just another war: Happy | Just another family torn: I've never been to the circus before... | Just a step from the edge: Damien | Just another day in the world we live in: Fairway |
Wearing

Marina rolled her eyes at his insistence that she choose, but grinned all the same. After that recent incident with her mother a few days ago, it was good to have something to take her mind off any worries. Honestly, maybe she was just being too suspicious and paranoid. It sort of came with being a Slytherin, after all. Most seemed to have trust issues. "Alright, then I'll pick," she said, looking around again, and seeing the sudden plume of fire that made her boyfriend freeze in his tracks. She saw it too, and though it was startling to see a dragon, it didn't paralyze her with fear like it did him. Sometimes she wondered why. She'd certainly seen what fire could do to someone; seen it at its most terrifying. But then again, she hadn't gone through what he had. By the expression on his face, obviously distraction was needed. "I was thinking more along the lines of the shore, anyways. I always like hearing the sound of waves." The red haired girl leaned her head on his shoulder, her arms snaking around his middle briefly. "Hey, isn't that Dominic over there shouting?" she mused aloud quietly to him."And cursing," she added, a tinge of humor in her voice as she watched their housemate seem to berate a man who she presumed was his older brother.

INTELLIGENCE without AMBITION is a BIRD without WINGS

Cara MiaKitty

I'm gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Today I'm SPEAKING my MIND
And if it KILLS me TONIGHT
I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY
My VOICE will be heard TODAY

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:33 pm
Miss GryffindorK

User ImageUser Image

Chuckling, Eun looked at the boy. "If you mean Captain Bleiddiaid then no she does not." said the boy as he looked at the boy. He was taken by surprise at the question. "I don't think so. Its a hereditary trait, either you are born with the full ability or not." he said as he looked at the boy curiously, wondering why he had asked.

It was then the older boy began to touch his hair. It was, admittedly a bit odd, but kind of adorable. He is petting my hair. he thought and he blushed slightly. When Dhyl pulled his hand away he smiled. "Is my hair soft?" he chuckled as he reached up and touched Dhyl's long black hair. "Your hair is." he said with a smile. His hand brushed the boy's check as he pulled it away.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:56 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Wearing at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Afraidspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Why did there have to be a fire?' spacespac
'I know you don't like how I feel,
but please, try to remember,'

═════════════════════════════════

Damien forced himself to look at Marina and offer her a small, shaky smile. The shore? That sounded like the absolute perfect place to be. Down, near the water, far from the fire. Lovely. He started to walk with her toward the water, fancying the idea of a romantic walk along the shoreline, when she mentioned Dominic. He followed her gaze to see his friend, standing with an young man... his brother, Gabriel, most likely. Damien had met the brother while staying with the Montague's last summer, but he didn't really recall much about him. He smiled a bit. "I do believe it is... he and his brother don't get along very well. But I do wonder what one Earth they could be fighting about." Damien considered approaching his friend to see what the problem was, but he realized he didn't know what Gabriel's leanings were in regards to bloodlines... but then, the older boy would hardly know that Marina was halfblood by looking at her, right? He debated silently. "Do you suppose we should say hello, or go on to the shore?" he asked, knowing that it really ought to be up to her. After all, if he did know of her and her blood status, and he did have a problem with it, it would be her facing his less than positive reaction. Damien would be with her, but he knew that standing next to her while someone looked down their noses at her was not the same as being the person to receive said look. Damien wanted to ask Dom how things had been going, since he'd been unable to get in touch with the other boy all summer. Seeing him here was somewhat jarring. But he didn't want to risk ruining his date with Marina. Besides, the two of them didn't really get along all that well. He'd hate for Marina and Dominic to get into a fight today. He was planning on enjoying the evening, after all. It was the first time he'd been able to be with Marina without the looming threat of his father hanging over his shoulder. He didn't want to screw it up.

═════════════════════════════════
                                                          'It's natural for a thing like me...'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Essy ze Ninja

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:03 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl went seven shades of red when Eun touched his hair. When the other boy ran his fingers down his cheek, his heart skipped a beat. "Erm... yea... sure. Um... Wh-what do you want to do? Th-there are shows and stuff..." He looked at his feet, heat practically radiating from his cheeks. Minn squealed with excitement. She knew exactly what was going on! "Dhylly's taking me to the ball tonight! You should go too, Eunny!" She smiled brightly, easily ignoring the deadly glare her brother was sending. Dhyl looked up to the heavens, then muttered, "Pam fi?" When he tilted his head back down, he had at least an attempt at a smile on his face. "So... erm... Want to go... do... something?" Minn squealed. Her brother just asked another boy on a date.

Wearing
Out Of Character: translation: "Why me?"

Sir Spazalots

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:48 pm
                User Image
                User ImageUser Image

xxaitlin ngels
                                                      ≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂
                                                      xFifth Year // Gryffindor // Chaser

When the wind passes by, I can feel it move me.
                                                          I just want to run. I just want to be free.

User Image
            Caitlin looked up from her feet when she heard someone faintly call her name. Suddenly Jem was in front of her, "Hi Jem! It's fine," She chirped, then tugged at her hair. Cait looked around and smiled.

"I've never been to one, magic or muggle. It is really amazing..." She looked at the lights. "So, uh, what do you want to do first?" Caitlin asked, looking up at her friend. "We, uh, could go to the fortune teller or get some candy...or we could join that crowd and try to figure out what they're all looking at," She suggested, gesturing to the small crowd.

User Image

Made by Vampire Toy. Please do not change the code, claim this as yours, or share with monkeys. Especially not the monkeys. Enjoy!  

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:29 pm
Miss GryffindorK

User ImageUser Image

An eyebrow raised as the boy spoke softly, not making eye contact. "o mai gas gwiyeoun namjaga naleul mul-eossda" Before he had a chance to reply Minn had spoken up. "The Ball? You mean the masquerade?" he said before he thought for a moment. "Well, I guess I could go. As long as I get to dance with you, Dhyl." he said with a flirty smile and wink.

He smiled and looked at Minn. "You make sure he looks good, okay?" he turned his gaze back to Dhyl."Though, you already do look good." he said as he smiled at the boy again. I gotta go get a mask! I think I saw a tent selling them nearby. he said as he looked around. "I need to go get a mask." he said as he looked at the boy.

Translation: Oh my god cute guy asked me out  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl blinked at the random use of another language, before realizing he had done the same thing not ten seconds prior. Minn nodded, then smirked at her brother. He had a date. Her job was complete. Now to get herself one.... Dhyl blinked again, watching Eun skitter about like a bumblebee. "Erm... Sure. I'll pay, okay? Since you bought stuff for Minn." He fished a few Galleons from his pocket, then looked up at the boy. He reached a hand out to take his sister's hand, but the girl refused. "I'm not a little kid anymore, Dhyl. I can cross the street without holding your hand. I did it earlier, in fact." She stuck her tongue out, then skipped off to the stand. Blue eyes rolled, then met gold as the teen sent a smile toward Eun. "C'mon. We have to go play parents and make sure she doesn't get stolen... or spend all my allowance."

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Sir Spazalots

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:34 am
Miss GryffindorK

User ImageUser Image

A smile spread across Eun's face as Dhyl offered to buy him a mask for the ball, He nodded and started off after Minn towards the tent of masks. "You don't have to, but that is sweet of you." he said as he followed after the younger girl. As their eyes met Eun smiled even larger. His eyes turned from gold to a chocolate brown. "Yeah, we wouldn't want either of those thing happening." he said as he walked. Dhyl, maybe I could make him my boyfriend. he thought as he walked with the pair. The Korean smiled at the boy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:49 am
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl snickered, then brushed his hair from his eyes. "I don't mind. My family's got the money and I owe you." He sent a grin toward the other boy, then looked back in the direction he was walking. His hands tucked into his pockets and the tall boy slouched a bit. That was one of the habits he had that seemed to annoy each and every family member he had, but he didn't like being the tallest one in a crowd. It made him feel awkward. "There she is. And... she's buying things. Minerva!" The girl turned, knowing she was in trouble by the use of her full first name. Dhyl only called her that when he was mad. The older boy lifted an eyebrow, causing the girl to walk back over and hand him the remains of the money... which wasn't much. "Hells, Minn! How much did you spend?!" She looked sheepish, then hid behind Eun, knowing her brother would behave around his... friend?

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Sir Spazalots

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:57 am

User Image
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ Wᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ
Fᴏʀᴍᴇʀ Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aᴜʀᴏʀ Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ Wɪᴅᴏᴡᴇʀ Wᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ

Xavier and his father walked down the fairway, both of them having the same expression: excitement. Xanthus has already went here a couple of times, but Xavier, this is his first time. The chaser looked at his father, his ocean blue eyes wanting to hear the words. The former Gryffindor sighed with a smile, then ruffled his son's hair. “ Well, let's explore now, shall we? “ He asked, walking over to some stalls that sold some merchandises.

Xavier quietly jumped everywhere, he was looking like an overly energetic, enthusiastic kid who looked he it's his first time to get out into the world. Well, partially, it was correct. Xavier huffed and bought some cotton candy, then offered some to his Dad. He pointed at the people who were walking on stilts, then to the one who breaths fire. Then there was a juggler and a magician. Everything is just so cool.

His eyes were sparkling until he found himself in the middle of a crowd. He frowned as he was started to get carried away by the crowd, forced to be separated from his father. “ Aww man...Da, are you there? “ Xavier asked, raising his hand to try to locate Xanthus. It was surprisingly hard, knowing that he is taller than an average 13-year old. But still. He slightly crouched down and started to squeeze through the crowd. No matter how difficult it is, he managed to slip past them....and in front of him was Xanthus, laughing. “ Wha...? “ Xavier cocked a brow, not forgetting the puzzled look in his face.

“ You see, mate, this is exactly why I only go here often. There's just so many people, and you can easily get lost if you're not paying attention.

“ I suddenly remember the time when I was completely lost and helpless that I started to panic. That was....I was the same age as you back then, actually. When I was starting to freak out, I saw Da's hair from the crowd. And when I tugged his shirt, he jumped. He literally jumped.

“ That was the time I realized that he and Mum were disapparating when they see that I was close....I just....did that to you right now. Heh, was it fun? I think it was since you were actually waving and— “

The third year, ran towards Xanthus and playfully punched his arm. It was half-meant. Ha. Now he learns his lesson. Xanthus partially winced, ruffling his son's hair while laughing and running away. “ Grrrr, c’mere! “ he grunted, laughing as he chased. They looked like they were playing tag, or maybe hide and seek, or any game that involves running. Well, they were still laughing when a bunch of people were whispering about their childish actions. Well, who cares. They were having fun, and that’s that.

As the two finally got tired, they sat down the bench and drank pumpkin juice, chatting about Xavier’s life in Hogwarts. But of course, he wouldn’t say all of his experiences. Just the major, happy ones. It would be terrible if his father knew about the bad things that happened to him—the bad things that he did. But it wasn’t on purpose—he swore, he didn’t know what happened. But of course, what could he have done…?

“ I hear that there’s gonna be a masquerade ball later, is it true? “

“ Mhm. Say, wanna go and ruin have fun in that ball? How ‘bout you start searching for a partner; I’ll start finding mine. Ready? Let’s go find us some dates! “

ғ ʀʏsʟs : I was kinda lazy o3o So....wanted masquerade ball dates XD

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces