Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × Ollivander's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:43 pm
User Image

《《《《 Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round 》》》》
《《《《 Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down 》》》》
《《《《 Drinking angel's piss, gonna crash and burn 》》》》
《《《《 I just want some action so gimme my turn 》》》》

outfit

Charlie entered the store and was immediately looking at the sheer amount of long thin boxes. One of these was going to be his. He had so many questions at he looked around. how would he find his wand in all these selections? there had to be a trick. Having so many left him unaware of where he was going and bumped right in the person his age getting their wand. Suddenly bumping into someone brought him back to reality. "Oops, sorry!" He said before even checking who he bumped into. It took him a second to see who it was. It was Gertie from the zoo!

《《《《Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy》》》》
《《《《It's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you》》》》
《《《《It's looking like another bad comedy》》》》
《《《《Just as long as it comes in high-fidelity for me too》》》》

OoC: 12in, Dogwood, Augurey feather

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:55 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn
First Year Unsorted

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 11 years old...

Gertie bounced on her feet as she waited for Mr. Edgeworth to come back with a wand for her to try. She glanced over to her mum with a big smile on her face. Her excitement level was like a thousand! Okay, so maybe it wasn’t that high, but it felt like it. When he handed her a wand made of chestnut and unicorn hair, Gertie stared at it for a moment. What would it do? Would it be the one? How would she know? Would she know? The soon to be first year was very uncertain about it. However, that uncertainty didn’t stop her desire to wave the wand to see what it would do.

Before Gertie could do so, she felt something or rather someone bump into her. This caused her to wave the wand unintentionally. With a loud crash a bunch of wand boxes exploded off the shelves. Gertie winced at the disaster she’d just created and promptly put the wand down on the counter. “Whoops… I'm sorry…” She managed to get out. Looking over at the ‘someone’ who bumped into her, she realized it was Charlie. “Charlie! You’re magic too!” She burst out in surprise. Was he going to Hogwarts too? Oh she hoped so! Then she’d have another friend with her.

Wearing: Casual T-shirt & Shorts

With: Mum, Mr. Edgeworth, Anandi, Mr. Chahal, Aine, Theodotus & Charlie

OOC: Wand... 11½ Inch, Apple Wood, Peacock Feather Core, with a Pliant Flexibility

Cara MiaKitty
Devlyn Maycry
Miss GryffindorK
Kungfudemoness

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:31 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop - Main Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGertie (and others)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If тıмe ¢øυłđ š т ø ρ, ħøω ¢αи I мακe тħıš м ø я e ρ ø e т ı ¢ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Wħeи тħeяe'š и ø т ħ ı и g мøяe ρ α т ħ e т ı ¢ тø вe šαıđ? xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ в я ı и g мe ø υ т, š ħ ø ω мe ł ı g ħ т xxxxxx
                                                          I'м š ø я я ч ıf I ħ ı đ e, I'м тøø α f я α ı đ тø łøøκ ı и š ı đ e xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien had no sooner handed her the want to try out when another boy who'd only just entered the shop bumped into her, clearly not looking where he was going. Which might not have been such a big deal, but this was a wand shop, of all places! Sure enough, Gertie jerked when run into, setting off a reaction with the wand in her hand. His jaw tightened, eyes fierce as he watched the wand boxes on the nearest shelf burst from their place. With a twitch in his brow, he rounded the pair, obviously displeased. "This is not a bloody supermarket or outlet store," he said to the boy, not quite yelling, but obviously close to it. "This is a wand shop! It's dangerous! You're lucky the boxes were the only things damaged, and not the wands! Anything could've just happened! Be. More. Careful!"

spaceThe wandmaker shot a dark look towards the governor accompanying the boy, recognizing him easily. "Mister Windsor, could you please refrain from bringing first years into my shop without giving them some sort of explanation that they need to be careful? The whole building could've just gone up in flames." His brow twitched again. No harm done, truthfully, but it could have been worse. Not to mention that now he had to sort through all the wands, and make up new boxes with new labels for quite a few of them. It'd take ages. And he couldn't afford to close up shop to do it right now, considering that it was the busy season. He sighed, pinching his brow, and tried to calm down. It wasn't as though his son didn't make messes just as bad on a regular basis. The hellion.

spaceDamien retrieved the wand that he'd initially handed Gertie, placing it back in it's box. "In any case, that was a bad match, I'd say," he told her, controlling his tone so that it didn't seem like he was taking any anger out on her. It hadn't been her fault, after all. He grabbed another box off of the counter, took the wand out, and handed it to her. "10 and 3/4 inches, Apple with Unicorn hair," he told her. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any further accidents.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx Yøυ ¢αяяч т я υ т ħ αиđ мακe мe š м ı ł e
                                                          xxxxxx If ıт ωeяe ч ø υ α и đ м e тøиıgħт
                                                          xxxxxxxxx I ωøυłđ т α м e тħe š т α я š
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx αиđ šανe тħe в я ı g ħ т e š т øиe føя ч ø υ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

murruelecreuset

Kungfudemoness

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                  I do my best to find some kind of glow, I'm giving it some heart and soul now
                                                  From the darkest grays, the sun bursts, clouds break
                                                  Yeah, we see that fire, from the streets of Babylon
                                                  To the road that we've been on now, the kaleidoscope claims another

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx𝚂𝚎𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝙴𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚜 𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚜𝚘𝚛xxx
                                                  Ravenclaw Alumnus Hogwarts Governor Pureblood xxxxxx

< Summer 2036 >
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sebastian entered the shop behind Charlie, keeping an eye on the kid for the time being. He could see Damien already being busy with a ginger girl, but the assistant was nowhere to be found. The governor speculated that sometimes, Damien could be a bit meticulous to his own shop. But well, who was he to judge? That was until he turned to see that Charlie was clearly having his head on the astral plane that he didn't know that fact that there was a girl infront of him, bumped to her and caused a bad chain reaction.

Of course, Damien was very displeased on what was happening and kind of snapped to the boy. Sebastian tried to be as understanding as possible to the wandmaker, but he didn't like the borderline-yelling tone of the man. The Ravenclaw has this irritated look as he was getting an impression that he was being accused of being an irresponsible governor. In his defense, he already told Charlie that wand should be handled with care minutes ago, and now he was being blamed because the preteen has his head on the clouds? But he was definitely not going to say it on Charlie's face. He wanted to argue at the man but Sebastian wasn't in the mood for arguments right now, so he said calmly, but he looked offended, "My apologies, this will be the first and the last. Anything else?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                  𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 [Charlie, Damien, Gertrude] 𝚊𝚝 [the front counter]

Mᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴀ Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ Aᴛᴛɪʀᴇ Tʜᴇᴍᴇ Sᴏɴɢ

< Out.Of.Character >

Oh, well this is life in color, today feels like no other
                                                  And the darkest grays, the sun bursts, clouds break
                                                  Oh, well this is life in motion, and just when I couldn't run this race, no

The sun bursts, clouds break, this is life in color

Cara Miakitty
                                                  murruelecreuset
                                                  Kungfudemoness

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:39 am
User Image

《《《《 Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round 》》》》
《《《《 Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down 》》》》
《《《《 Drinking angel's piss, gonna crash and burn 》》》》
《《《《 I just want some action so gimme my turn 》》》》

outfit

Well now he felt silly, he now had the shop keeper mad at him. While yes it did suck he have to clean now, did he have to get mad at Mr. Windsor? The wand hadn't liked Gertie and Charlie had surprised her by bumping, so it was more of an unfortunate accident. "Please don't be mad at Mr. Windsor, He told me to be careful. I was looking at all the cool boxes instead of where I was going, so it was an accident." He said.

Gertie exclaimed happily as neither had expected to meet here of all places, her happiness was contagious and helped him feel better. "Apparently we both are! Mr. Windsor brought me here to come get my school stuff." He said just as happy. At least he would know someone at Hogwarts. She received another wand to try. What made this wand any different? He would wait till the shopkeeper wasn't mad anymore before asking.

Charlie carefully moved to the counter to get a better view. All three wand he had seen so far were all different but still unique. What would his look like? Would his make something explode? If mismatch wands did explosions who was this shop still standing

《《《《Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy》》》》
《《《《It's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you》》》》
《《《《It's looking like another bad comedy》》》》
《《《《Just as long as it comes in high-fidelity for me too》》》》

OoC: [12in, Dogwood, Augurey feather] oh kids XD

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:49 pm
User Image
Calliandra Aileen Acton
11 years old
Future student of Hogwarts
Wearing: jeans and a nice t-shirt

Calliandra walked through the door into the shop, mentally counting to one hundred in Latin while thinking it might have been a mistake to let her mother go on to buy her ink and parchment. Mother had wanted to come, but Calliandra felt like this was something grown-up, and she wanted to do it on her own. After all, there was no reason for her to be nervous. All the other children here were most likely going to Hogwarts as well, and she was sure she would be getting to know some of them. At least, she would get to know about them. She had no idea right now if they were actually worth becoming close to, but they might be.

There was space for people to gather in the front of the shop, and a few people milled around there. Calliandra tucked herself off beside them, watching while they talked to each other and the shop keeper. It looked like something had happened, and Calliandra was just as happy not to be a part of the drama. Hopefully no one would try to drag her into anything, and she could just quietly watch. Or they would let it go when they noticed there was someone new there. Either way worked for her, so long as she didn't have to deal with yelling and screaming. Taking a deep breath, Calliandra forced herself to stay calm. By the time she left, she would have a wand. She would be that much closer to ready for Hogwarts. She tossed her head, feeling her dark braid swing across the back of her t-shirt and waiting for someone to notice her. She didn't want to speak first, before she had gotten a good idea of what was going on. She might say something wrong.

OOC: 9 1/4 inches, acacia with griffin hair, springy, and with a spiraled shaft. 4 tries.

Cara MiaKitty

Caedmon68

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:52 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn
First Year Unsorted

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 11 years old...

Gertie didn’t mean for anything to happen luckily she knew her mum understood that and so had Mr. Edgeworth. Listening to Mr. Edgeworth scold the boy in question, and the man with him, she wished she hadn’t waved that wand. Now everyone was unhappy. Though, at least she hadn’t set anything on fire. Gertie frowned for a brief moment before her mind pushed the negativity aside. It wasn’t her fault, she should be happy. Even if Mr. Windsor looked to be unhappy, then again when one was scolded who was actually happy?

Luckily the thought of Charlie coming to school with her made her even happier. Gertie was super excited to have a friend not that she wouldn’t make lots and lots. Though, her attention quickly turned back to Mr. Edgeworth. Nodding at the wand being a bad match, she was just grateful everything was good now. When he came back with another wand Gertie took it carefully from him. “That sounds pretty.” She said before hoping worst things wouldn’t happen. ‘Please… nothing bad happen…’ Giving it a gentle wave this time around it didn’t seem like anything happened. That is until it started raining indoors. At least it was a light sprinkle. “Um… I don’t think I was supposed to make it rain…” Gertie admitted and here she thought it might be a winner. “Are we getting close…?” She asked hopeful.

Wearing: Casual T-shirt & Shorts

With: Mum, Mr. Edgeworth, Anandi, Mr. Chahal, Aine, Theodotus, Charlie & Calliandra

OOC: Wand... 11½ Inch, Apple Wood, Peacock Feather Core, with a Pliant Flexibility

Cara MiaKitty
Devlyn Maycry
Miss GryffindorK
Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gгεεκ HλlғϑϐlσσdƱπsσгτεd Fιгsτ Ψελг

After waiting for what seemed like forever after getting his official Hogwarts Letter, the day had finally come! He was going to go shopping for all his new school stuff, but he'd decided way back in January that he wanted to get his wand first thing. The preteen ran through the streets, stopping every once in a while to wait for his mom to catch up. He was just so darn excited! He pushed open the door to Ollivanders and held it for Nell, then hurried to the counter. He was finally here! And it wasn't for someone else, either, but just for him! He grinned brightly, more excited to get his wand than he was sure he'd ever been.

{{OoC: 10.5 inches Beech with Unicorn Tail Hairs, Springy with Bent Shaft}}
Cara MiaKitty

Lᴏᴏᴋ ʜᴏᴡ ꜰᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴜᴘ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴜɴ sᴏ ꜰᴀsᴛ
Sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇsᴛ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ, 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ. I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ, 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs. I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

Θн, σн, σн Ƭгψ Σvεгψτнιπɢ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:49 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxinsert location
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxinsert companions
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxinsert emotions

ғall ιѕ нere, нear тнe yell, вacĸ тo ѕcнool, rιng тнe вellxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          вrand new ѕнoeѕ, walĸιng вlυeѕ, clιмв тнe ғence, вooĸѕ and penѕxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι can тell тнaт we are gonna вe ғrιendѕxxxxxx
                                                          ι can тell тнaт we are gonna вe ғrιendѕxxx

spaceNath stepped into the wand shop, a mix of eager and anxious. Magic hadn't been news to him when the man had shown up at his door with the Hogwarts letter, but that was about the only thing he'd already known. One Mr. Wesley Edgeworth had introduced himself to the boy and his grandparents, and very kindly answered the dozens of questions the elderly couple'd had while Nathaniel sat nearby, diligently listening. All in all, Nath thought that the older man seemed nice enough, but that didn't mean he hadn't been relieved when his grandmother had insisted on coming with him to Diagon Alley. It was unusual, apparently, which Nath found odd, but he wouldn't question it.

spaceStill, he was skeptical as he stepped into the wand shop, the two adults trailing behind him, Wesley looking quite at home and his grandmother looking awestruck. Mr. Edgeworth took a moment to explain that his son and nephew actually ran the shop, and to introduce her to and exchange pleasantries with a young woman named Nell, who was apparently friends with 'Damien'. Damien, Nath assumed, was the son. Of course, the introduction was unnecessary, Mrs. Angelica Sterling informed him, as they'd met briefly before. Nath's eyes narrowed slightly as his grandmother declared their meeting again to be 'kismet'. "We met at the zoo, this past winter," Angelica said happily. "Oh, but, it can't just be a coincidence that you're here, then!" She nudged Nathaniel, and winked at him with absolutely no discretion whatsoever. His grandmother believed in destiny, very strongly. Apparently, running into the same family twice under such unusual circumstances meant that he and... Theo? Had that been his name, were supposed to be friends. Nath wasn't convinced, but he supposed it was nice to see a familiar face, even if it wasn't a friendly one.

spaceAt his grandmother's nudging, he greeted Nell, and offered a hand to Theo.
                                                          "Uh, hullo," he said, somewhat gruffly. "I'm Nathaniel, if you didn't remember." Was that rude? It'd sounded rude to him. He hadn't meant to. He just didn't know what the proper protocol for this situation was. It seemed impolite to laugh and say something like 'isn't it weird that we're both magic?', which was no doubt why his grandmother thought there was more to this than just happenstance.

spaceHe was saved from his musings by the appearance of a man, one who he would bet was Mr. Edgeworth's son. They had they same build, same bearing. Similar features. "Hey, Nell," he greeted cheerfully. "Father. Always good to see you." Normally such a comment would've sounded passive aggressive, Nath thought, but it'd sounded genuine coming from- "Hello, I'm Damien," he introduced himself, confirming Nath's assumptions as he offered a hand to Angelica. The old woman shook it gladly, and then Damien excused himself for a moment.

spaceNath resisted the urge to follow the man into the depths of the aisles, and instead inspected the boxes on the shelves. They were all labeled, though he couldn't quite decipher what the labels said. Three parts, one obviously a measurement, one he discerned to be wood after seeing a couple (oak and elm, both being three letters long, didn't need to be shortened). The third part he couldn't figure out, though. He'd have to ask, he thought. But, it would have to wait, since when Damien returned, he was opening a box he'd apparently procured from some hidden corner of the shop, and handing the wand over to Theo.

space"Ten and a half inches, Beech with Unicorn Hair," the wandmaker said cheerfully. Nath's eyes narrowed again, this time in curiosity. Unicorn hair, was that the third notation on the labels? What did the combination signify?

space"Does that mean something?" he blurted out before he could reconsider. The smalltalk among the adults suddenly stopped, and he half expected his grandmother to slap him upside the back of his head for being rude. No such slap came, though, and no one seemed offended or concerned with his question.

space"It's the properties of the wand," Damien explained. "A bit complicated to really get into, but if you're interested, there're books on the subject I can recommend." Nath nodded, obviously curious. Damien smiled at him, then looked at Theo. "Alright, Theo, give it a wave. Let's see if I know you as well as I know your sister, eh?" Nath watched curiously. Obviously something was about to happen. But what?

xxxwe don'т noтιce any тιмe paѕѕ
                                                          xxxxxxwe don'т noтιce anyтнιng
                                                          xxxxxxxxxwe ѕιт ѕιde вy ѕιde ιn every claѕѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxтeacнer тнιnĸѕ тнaт ι ѕoυnd ғυnny
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxвυт ѕнe lιĸeѕ тнe way yoυ ѕιng

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:23 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gгεεκ HλlғϑϐlσσdƱπsσгτεd Fιгsτ Ψελг

Theo bounced in place as he waited, admittedly impatiently for Damien to wander forward from who knows where in the back of the shop. What he didn't expect, however, was for the door to open again, so he turned to see a familiar looking boy... but who was he? As they all three wandered in, he kept glancing over at the kid, trying to think on where he knew him from. Not Wool's, not school... and he looked like he was with Wesley... so probably not around the alley... Hmm. He pondered on his thoughts until the older woman spoke up, saying they'd all met at the zoo. That was right! The trip to London Zoo!

A bright grin showed on the Greek boy's face as he was greeted by the boy, Nathaniel. "I do! And I'm Theodotus! Call me Theo, though, if you don't mind." He grinned brightly as always, super delighted to see someone he knew. When Damien finally wandered up, Theo issued a flamboyant wave his direction. The man greeted first Nell, then Wesley, before introducing himself. "Hi Damien! Nice to see you! It's finally my turn to get a wand!" He bounced a bit again, stopping only when his glasses slipped down his nose.

When Damien wandered back again to search for a wand, Theo waited with baited breath. He had been waiting to get his wand since he first displayed magic, and now the day was finally arrived! He was going to get to go to Hogwarts and take all the classes his heart desired. Finally, finally, Damien walked back up with a box. That could be his wand in there! It could also be a wand that didn't like him much, but hopefully it was the former. He was about to reach for the wand when Nathaniel spoke up, asking what the wood and core meant. Damien gave a brief explanation, but when he finally said to give it a try, Theo grabbed it and gave a casual, looping sort of wave.

All around Theo was a soft, silvery light, paired with the heavenly smell of fresh baked cookies... and Theo knew he had gotten the right wand. "I think you do! And I love it! It's wonderful, Damien! I have a wand!" He grinned even more, hugging the wand gently to his chest. Oh yes, he knew right away that this was the wand that he'd forever wield at his side. "Go on, Nathaniel! It's your turn! You get to get your wand now! It's so exciting!" He gently pat the boy on the shoulder, excited to see someone Damien didn't know get their wand. Plus, if Nathaniel didn't know he was magic, this had to be the most awesome thing ever!

Cara MiaKitty

Lᴏᴏᴋ ʜᴏᴡ ꜰᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴜᴘ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴜɴ sᴏ ꜰᴀsᴛ
Sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇsᴛ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs. I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

Θн, σн, σн Ƭгψ Σvεгψτнιπɢ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:57 pm
                                            Whether near or far, I am always yours
                                            Any change in time, we are young again!
                                            Lay us down, we're in love
                                            Lay us down, were in love...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 𝚂𝚎𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚗x𝙴𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚜x𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚜𝚘𝚛 ix
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌

Ravenclaw AlumnusHogwarts GovernorPurebloodxxxxxxx

「 Summer 2037 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sebastian entered the shop with a ginger first-year girl beside him, and the run has been good so far- though not as good in his standard but, it's tolerable nonetheless. The girl Gabby was generally okay, except he didn't think she was a people-person to start with, and she apparently didn't have a filter. But then, Sebastian didn't really care if someone has no filter or not, since he was married to someone who was willing to tell the truth. Thinking about reality, he supposed he would prefer being pricked while trusting than being suspicious. Stepping in, he turned to Gab and told her in a low voice just for the two of them, "Watch your step while we're here, wands here are like the nearest equivalent of an electrical shop, anything here can spark anything. On the other hand, one of the wandmakers here will try to get a wand that matches you- since well, the wand chooses the wizard." As he wished that the girl will take the precaution, Sebastian then approached the counter to meet one of the wandmakers, "Hello Damien, this is Gabriella. Garbriella, this is Damien, one of the wandmakers." Well, the shop-owner knew the drill so, Sebastian didn't think he'll have to say "She's a first year" or anything like that, because guaranteed the other man already knew that, too. Well, even if he did say that, Sebastian was sure to receive a dry "Yes, I can totally see that."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            « with [Gabby] at [Front Counter] »
                                            « married to [Daphne Portland-Windsor] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ooc

In these coming years, many things will change;..
                                            But the way I feel will remain the same...
                                            Lay us down, we're in love...
                                            Lay us down, we're in love...

Cara Miakitty

murruelecreuset

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:24 pm
User Image
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ferdie was on cloud nine, this was the summer before he would start Hogwarts he was so ready for this! He was born ready for this! Well mabye not but was he was ready. His whole family was here. His grandparents where off buying a cauldren and potion supplies, His mom was off getting books. And him and his dad where off buying his first and hopefully only wand. He could barely contain himself and took his dads words to heart about being careful. He didn't want to get kicked out before he would get his wand. What would his wand be?

He saw others in the shop ready to get theirs. He didnt like waiting but it was only fair he had arrived after these people so he would go after them. He was able to contaon his excitment down to small stationairy bouncing. He would watch to see the process of getting a wand. They would likely have to go trough a few to get the best one right?

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

Ooc: 11.5", Yew, Phoenix Feather  

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:38 pm
User Image
Gabriella Clarity Stanford
Muggleborn
First Year Unsorted

People call me Gabby...
                                                  I'm 11 years old...

Gabby would be the first person to tell you that magic couldn’t possibly be real. However, that completely changed when there was a knock on the door. Sitting in her living room with her father they were told there was magic in the world. A magic school apparently called Hogwarts and young witches and wizards go there. Yes, Gabriella Stanford was a witch. Something she didn’t want to believe at first but then again maybe this weird crazy person wasn’t lying to her. Weird things had happened around place… things she couldn’t explain. Though she didn’t trust it she figured she’d have to go along with it.

So, today was school shopping day. The day she would let her life be in the hands of Mr. Windsor as she journeyed to Diagon Alley? Yes, that’s what they called it. Gabby wasn’t going to question it and although skeptical she was also excited. Following Mr. Windsor around as they got her school stuff, she was mostly quiet but honest when she did speak. Her attention fell on what looked to be a broom shop as they walked by. She didn’t know what that was about.

When they came to the wand shop, Gabby was curious but unsure. Stepping in, she listened to Mr. Windsor’s warning. Looking around she noticed a few other kids. She wasn’t sure about them yet although she didn’t know them yet. Looking back to Mr. Windsor, Gabby tilted her head slightly. “So, wands aren’t toys.” She stated. She got that concept. “Wait, how does a wand choose a wizard? We are talking about the same thing right? Pointy stick made of wood?” She questioned eyebrow raised. It was a piece of wood. Wood didn’t have personalities. They didn’t even have feelings.

“Uh… Hello,” Gabby greeted Damien skeptically.

Status: Excited / Skeptical...
                                                  Wearing: Casual Shirt & Jeans

With: Mr. Windsor & Damien... and others

OOC: Wand... 11½ Inch, Snake Wood, Salamander Tail Core (1st or 2nd try will do.)

Cara Miakitty
                                                  Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:17 am
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxinsert location
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxinsert companions
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxinsert emotions

ғall ιѕ нere, нear тнe yell, вacĸ тo ѕcнool, rιng тнe вellxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          вrand new ѕнoeѕ, walĸιng вlυeѕ, clιмв тнe ғence, вooĸѕ and penѕxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι can тell тнaт we are gonna вe ғrιendѕxxxxxx
                                                          ι can тell тнaт we are gonna вe ғrιendѕxxx

spaceNath's eyes widened in surprise when, upon being waved, the wand in Theo's hand produced a shimmering silver light, and the room suddenly smelled very, very tasty. He ignored his grandmother's half-joking comment that now she was going to have to break her diet, knowing that she was not and had probably never been on any such diet. The woman didn't say no to cookies, plain and simple. Nor did anyone else say no to her cookies, because they were delicious... Well, now he wanted cookies. Luckily, she'd probably be baking some tonight, after this little event.

spaceThe blonde boy was pulled from his amused thoughts by Theo telling him it was his turn. The physical contact made him flinch slightly, since he didn't particularly like being touched by strangers, but he kept quiet, not wanting to cause a scene. Instead, he stepped forward, as Damien gestured for him. "Right or left handed, Nathaniel?" he asked, waving a wand of his own. In response, a small tape measure shot out from somewhere unseen, and Damien indicated that he should raise his arms by making the same gesture himself. Nath wondered if he'd noticed the flinch.

space"Left handed," he answered, wondering why that was relevant. But, the shop was becoming more crowded, with four more people entering as he was measured. He supposed it'd only take Damien more time to get his wand if he asked a ton of questions. "Um, can your father give tell us about the books when we go to the bookstore? I don't want to take a bunch of time so you can write them down or anything..." He and his grandmother would surely forget the titles. Unless they were something super simple, like 'Book of Wands' or 'Everything You Need to Know About Wands'. Or maybe 'Wands for Dummies'. That'd be pretty funny to see.

spaceDamien nodded in answer to Nathaniel's question, giving his father a look to confirm before he offered a quick wave to the newcomers. "'Lo, everyone, I'll be with you kids in a bit." If one more kid walked in, he'd have to get Seth to come help out. Currently, his cousin was in the back, definitely working, though Damien didn't quite know on what. Technically he was supposed to be the guy's boss, but he didn't really feel like acting like one most of the time. He did hear the young girl's skeptical comment on how wands could choose wizards, and grinned. There was always one. "Ah, but it's a magic pointy stick made of wood," he chirped, far too amused. "S'not the wand that does the choosing, really, it's the magic in the wand. But, you'll see, as soon as I'm done with young Nathaniel here." Making note of the boy's measurements, Damien disappeared for a moment, and returned to hand Nathaniel a wand. "Let's try this out. Nine inches, Alder with Unicorn hair."

spaceNath took the wand, wondering if Damien actually knew what he was doing, or had gotten all his wand-knowledge from the magical equivalent of a fortune cookie. He certainly sounded like one when talking to the girl who'd entered. Still, he gave the wand a wave, curious if he'd get a reaction like Theo's.

spaceHe did not. What he got instead was a loud, painful whistling noise, like nails on a chalkboard combined with a very loud train whistle combined with screeching tires. Nath put his hands to his ears, eyes clenching shut. When the noise stopped, he frowned, looking at Damien, whose posture was very similar to his, though his expression was quite apologetic.
                                                          "That's not right, right?" he ventured hopefully. No way that could have been his, right? Because if it was, he'd like to just skip the whole wand thing.

spaceDamien shook his head. "No, that was very, very wrong," he said reassuringly, then disappeared for a moment. He'd been carrying multiple boxes, but apparently he now thought none of them would work. When he returned, he had what Nath assumed was a different stack of boxes. He took a wand out of the top one, and handed it to the boy. "Eleven inches, Poplar with Unicorn Hair."

spaceNath almost didn't want to wave it. There had to be another way, right? But, the expectant look on the wandmaker's face told him otherwise. Eyes clenched shut, he waved the wand. This time, there was no horrible noise, but rather, a gush of cold air. Nath shivered, opening his eyes.
                                                          "... Was that right?" Again, he was doubtful, and a little afraid. He didn't like the cold, not at all, so his wand making him cold would be horrible.

spaceHe was relieved when Damien shook his head. "No, but that reaction was better," according to who, Nath wondered, "so we're getting close. Try this one. Ten inches, Poplar and Dragon Heartstring."

spaceAgain, Nath wasn't sure he really wanted to wave the wand. This one didn't sound very different from the last one, just an inch off in length with a different core (and he had many, many questions about these cores), so how could it be a match? But, Damien was the expert. So, he waved the wand. This time, there was another breeze, but this one was warm and pleasant, and carried the smell of fresh cut wood and honey. Nath felt odd, a tightness in his chest and an odd contentedness in his soul. Looking at Damien with wide eyes, he wanted to ask if that was right, but couldn't get the words out.

spaceSeemingly understanding, Damien simply nodded. "That's the one," he said happily, then then rattled off a price to his father, who nodded and handed over the coins.

spaceThe first year glanced at Theo with wide eyes.
                                                          "That... that was... weird," he said, unable to come up with a better word for it. His grandmother gave him a look, and his expression grew sheepish. "Not bad!" he said, wondering if maybe what he'd said could've been offensive to people who'd grown up with magic. He wouldn't know, since he'd not been raised by his magical family. "Just... um... weird." Angelica rolled her eyes, apparently determining that was the closest her grandson would get to not being rude.

xxxwe don'т noтιce any тιмe paѕѕ
                                                          xxxxxxwe don'т noтιce anyтнιng
                                                          xxxxxxxxxwe ѕιт ѕιde вy ѕιde ιn every claѕѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxтeacнer тнιnĸѕ тнaт ι ѕoυnd ғυnny
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxвυт ѕнe lιĸeѕ тнe way yoυ ѕιng

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:56 am
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop - Main Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxCustomers (Gabby)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAmused

ѕιnce we мeт ι ғeel a lιgнтneѕѕ ιn мy ѕтep yoυ're мιleѕ away вυт ι ѕтιll ғeel yoυxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are xxxxxxxxx
                                                          laтe aт nιgнт wнen yoυ can'т ғall aѕleep ι'll вe lyιng rιgнт вeѕιde yoυ coυnтιng ѕнeepxxxxxx
                                                          anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ arexxx

spaceDamien couldn't help but smile at the young boy's amazement at the wand's reactions. He'd noticed the hesitation to wave after the first horrible attempt, though he couldn't say he blamed the kid. Him being here with his father meant that Nathaniel was a muggleborn, so it wasn't all that odd to know that he'd found the first reaction off-putting. At least he'd not refused to give it another go.

spaceMeanwhile, Damien wondered how much trouble he'd have with the girl Ian had in tow. He gave the pair proper attention now, as well as the boy who'd entered shortly after them with what Damien assumed was his father.
                                                          "Hey, I'm Damien, the owner," he said, introducing himself to the father of the boy, and to the two children. "Gabriella, is it? Step over here, please, and we'll see about which wand'll choose you." Perhaps he shouldn't poke fun at the skeptical child, but he always thought it was sort of funny when kids came in, swearing up and down that magic made no sense. Of course it didn't, he figured. That was why it was called magic. If it made sense, it'd be science.

spaceSetting his tape measure to work, he asked her,
                                                          "Right or left handed?" and made note of her measurements. She seemed spunky. Kind of reminded him of Mari, actually. Very blunt, just like his wife. And skeptical, which he couldn't say he'd ever known Mari not to be. The girl was even redheaded like his wife, he thought, faintly amused at the prospect. Had he ever asked Mari what it'd been like when she'd gotten her wand? Hmph, he couldn't recall, so he'd have to correct that. How had it never come up before?

xxxι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp wιтн yoυ, ι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp нere
                                                          xxxxxxanywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are
                                                          xxxxxxxxxyoυ're тнe ғιre and тнe ғlood and ι'll alwayѕ ғeel yoυ ιn мy вlood
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxeveryтнιng ιѕ ғιne wнen yoυr нead'ѕ reѕтιng neхт тo мιne, neхт тo мιne

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

murruelecreuset

Kungfudemoness

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers