Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:19 pm
Trespassers Wing
S'del of bronze Kindeth
HP: 45
Status Effect:
XP: (2 pts // +5 anywhere)
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 2
General Stamina: 5
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 4
Instinct: 2
Luck: 2

- - - -

To say that S'del was surprised was an understatement. While the sight of the dark haired man had been welcome, he hadn't expected the other to suddenly pull him into an embrace. Everything suddenly stopped. To have the other so close, to be in his arms, to hear his words... Any fear, any guilt, any pain he felt was forgotten. His heavy thoughts from earlier drifted to the wayside, and he held A'ye in a very fond hold. This might well have been the first time anyone besides a wingmate had wished him well, and it certainly was the first time any had come out of their way to do so.

"A'ye..." He struggled to find the right words. His dark skin colored, but he figured now was as good a moment as any. He reached his hand up, to gently lift the others chin, and leaned down to kiss him. If the other protested or pulled away, he'd let him go, but until then, he would hold him tight and drink in such lips. Maybe it was too forward, maybe it wasn't what the green rider had expected, but... by Faranth, he knew too well this could be the last time they saw one another again. He wanted this kiss, and he most certainly wanted A'ye.

"Come back safe to me, you hear?" He murmured, his words meant only for the green rider in his arms. He didn't care if it sounded stupid or ridiculous -- he meant every word. If this Thread was as bad as predicted.... No. He wasn't even going to let that thought finish. Oyath would keep him safe.

houllow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:21 pm
Tornado Wing
Laasya of Nusueth
Second Wave
HP: 18
Status Effect: N/A
XP: [6 pts || +5 anywhere]
Target Accuracy: 6
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 9
General Agility: 8
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 6
Luck: 6

Oh my golly gee gosh. Things were bad. Thread was falling and they had to go out there and fight it. It was something of great pride, of course, and even Nusueth knew this was his life purpose but it didn't make it any easier. The time fight was now. They had been together for ten years, but the prospect of losing one another, or any type of injury happing to each other was always at the back of their minds. "We've got this!" Laasya whispered as she stroked Nusueth's nose gently. Never mind the fact her hands were visibly shaking. "Stay safe. No daring moves." She breathed. Laasya had a perpetually positive outlook on everything, and knew that she couldn't spend the day fearing what might happen. Besides, a quick glance yielded that other riders might be needing a hug or kind and inspiring words.

"We shall conquer this day. Our names shall live on infamy and children will sings songs about us Lassyamine." He nuzzled her face gently. He could feel her worry that she was trying so well to hide, but she was right that there wasn't much they could do. Instead they should turn their focus to helping those who were in the first wave and may be experiencing their first threadfall. "Let us go see to the others." He nudged. While he wasn't the biggest fan of other dragons, as most didn't realize they were in the presence of greatness, he did have a soft spot for those he had witnessed grow from a tiny dragonet to a full sized dragon. He'd be hard pressed to admit that to them. Better to not let them know his weaknesses. They may end up fighting him for glory. Not that they would win. But how tedious would it be to have to show his might? No, it's better to leave that to threadfall days. "Come, my love. Let's tend to them."

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:23 pm
ASHLINGS WING
V'mel of Brown Aviroth
HP: 40
XP: 000
Target Accuracy: 8
General Stamina: 7
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 7
Pain Resilience: 7

Another day, another test. The blooding of the weyrlings had been a debacle, though only one death made it a somewhat acceptable debacle. Thankfully the surviving weyrlings had shown more and more promise. Some had taken time to heal, and they would not be entering their adult wings in anything near pristine condition...but that was acceptable. Aviroth huffed, a low rumble from beneath the man as the brown fixed one of the remedial riders with a baleful eye. Perhaps the weather is affecting their tempers. I would not be surprised to lose another today. Keens will ring between the seven sisters. The brown mused, utterly nonplussed by the looming specter of death over the weyr. It always came, and the Weyr always paid its price. And there would always be more dragons to fill the spots of those left behind. Between the brown and the man atop it, they were a small pocket of total near-serene calmness. For now. They had to be, with the youngest and most nervous of the riders in their care.

A gentle nudge from V'mel prompted the brown to turn his head, reaching out to quietly but firmly press into a certain bronze's mind. Aresoth. Bring yours to me and mine. Today you will be flying as Wingsecond. Do not worry. We have every faith that you will show us all you are capable of.

BastetAmun
@C'ryn/Aresoth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:46 pm
BURNING ACES WING
A'ye of Green Oyath
HP: 20
Status Effect: None
XP: -
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 10

FLYING SECOND WAVE

He hadn't expected a kiss, of boy Faranth he had not but it certainly wasn't going to be something A'ye would dismiss. If he happened to get Threaded and never see the light of day again, he was somewhat okay with it. (Oyath was not, as her mental yell reminded him). He would have loved to stay in S'del's arms longer, kiss him once more, but he needed to go. He needed to be ready to fly the second wave, to make sure he and his dragon could handle the carnage that this Fall promised to deliver. A'ye was going to make it. He and Oyath were going to make it and come back and see S'del again and hold him once more and oh no he needed to focus and not think entirely of S'del. It probably didn't help that he knew his pale face was lit up as red as a sunset, and he felt unusually warm beneath the riding gear that was to protect him from the cold.

"I...I should get back, to Oyath now. We're second wave, and I need to be sure she's ready and - " He stopped himself and grabbed S'del's face tenderly, pressing one more kiss to his lips. "You had better believe I'll be waiting for you." How...how was he able to spout such lines? His expression had to have been betraying him, this he knew, because there was no way he'd say such things and keep a calm face.

There was nothing more to say as he turned on his heels, a hand running up to cover the lower half of face in an effort to control just how ridiculous he must have looked. A'ye needed to get his emotions back under control before he went up into the sky, though suddenly the thought of flying Thread wasn't as terrifying as it was before.

Told you I was right. Oyath sounded so smug, so proud, and A'ye didn't even dare disagree. His dragon was almost always right.

Uta
for s'del

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:51 pm
ASHLINGS WING
C'ryn of Bronze Aresoth
HP: 28
Status Effect: If applicable.
XP: (Base Stat: +1 to everything; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 1
Flame Length: 1
General Stamina: 3
General Agility: 1
Between Accuracy: 1
Pain Resilience: 3
Luck: 1

While things could have gone better during their blooding, C'ryn had to admit it was surprising that only one of them had been lost that day. While their graduation was not yet here and there was no telling who else might be lost, the young bronze rider felt himself becoming optimistic. Hazel eyes glanced down at his right hand and arm that now held a burn scar from a lick of flame getting to him. Aresoth's left hind leg near the base of his tail sported multiple burns as well.

A quick once over of the straps, checking to make sure they were secure and C'ryn was pleased with the work. "Not to tight right?" The large bronze rumbled his answer to his rider, whirling eyes taking in the weather and then looking over his siblings. There were at least two that would be flying with the Queen's Wing this Threadfall thanks to either their injuries or their riders. He was pleased that Elzebuth's had recovered as he had and although he had gained a somewhat soft spot for his brown brother, he still found himself bristling with many of the things he did. Thanoth was the other, her wing had not healed yet but he knew the green would be fine.

C'ryn's own eyes moved to look over at G'ran, raising his arm to the man before he moved up into his straps. "Send G'ran and Elzebuth some encouragement will you Aresoth?" He felt the bronze bristle for a moment, but he pushed him and Aresoth relented, though he did not send the thought with any touch of resentment, more a hesitation of how to reach out to this brother.

Mine wishes to send yours luck, Elzebuth. It will not be soon enough when we can have you back in the wing fighting with us. There was a note of sincerity in his words, he was not mocking his brother in anyway.

Another brown's mind touching his had Aresoth turn his attention to Aviroth before he began to move. C'ryn was going to question where Aresoth was going when he spotted the Weyrlingmaster growing near them. Aresoth only stopped when he was beside Aviroth and the bronze bowed his head in respect to the brown as C'ryn's eyes locked upon V'mel.

"You wanted to see us, sir?" The young man sat straight as he felt the pride in Aresoth swelling, the two only had an idea of what V'mel could have wanted by calling them over and if it was what was thought, it was one more step closer to the position they both deserved.

Tsunake
@Elzebuth

ShinosBee
@V'mel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:26 pm
Ashlings
C'lusi of blue Macuith
Status Effect:
XP:
Flame Length: 3
General Stamina: 1
General Agility: 4
Pain Resilience: 1
Instinct: 1

C'lusi sighed. He wasn't happy about being put into the Second Wave -- everyone seemed to be going up now. He wanted to be up there, fighting the Enemy, not hanging around waiting for his turn. He could already feel the fear creep into him -- who would come out in one piece this time? Who wouldn't? Would any other Ashlings succumb? Mmph.

Macuith sent a wave of confidence through him, like a splash of water, breaking through that spike of fear. We'll be all right! We're not going to let Thread take us down, and certainly aren't going to let it take down any of the Ashlings. C'lusi was certain that his blue was simply keeping up appearances -- his burnt side, the ugly thread wounds -- but he supposed someone had to try to keep up their spirits.

Hey, hot stuff -- I'm coming in Second Wave to help keep you looking fine. Good luck getting through the first half! The blue reached out to Menankith, cheerfully sending the brown a wave of fondness and good-humor.

Oh, look at you, flying with those gorgeous golden ladies, Thanoth! I'm sure you'll be impressive enough to catch one of their eyes. Try not to fall this time, though --- I've got some nice gossip about a few lovely ladies who might be just the type you're looking for! He happily encouraged. His lovely green sister might be hurt, but she was faring fine. He was glad she got to spend time in the Queen's Wing -- perhaps she'd make some new friends, and impress them with her jokes.

Elzebuth, dear Elzebuth... I've a few hours to spare. Are your wounds healing fine? Is Yours doing well? Do you need anything before I must depart? I won't have to start chomping on 'stone for another hour or so, and I'd much rather ensure you're comfortable before we go. Mmmm. Elzebuth. Though the blue had happily found attention in Viandarth, his large clutchsib was always a good sport.

Do not fear, Mother. Just as you will catch us, we'll be here to protect you! Though, your coolest son doesn't get to fly until the second wave. I will see you soon, and keep Elzebuth and Begath company until then! He sent her his usual wave of bright confidence. Not foolishness, no, because he well knew the danger.... but better to face the foe head on than shaking with nerves.

Viandarth, sweetest, most handsome Viandarth. I won't get up there for some time, yet, but I hope you and Yours fly safe. Scars are sexy, but I think you're just fine the way you are. Keep yourself safe!

ShinosBee
For Uridith & Thanoth

Tsunake
For Elzebuth.

Meepfur
For Menankith!

Mx Cherie
For Viandarth!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:43 pm
TORNADO WING
Thella of Brown Lireloth
HP: 38
XP:
General Stamina: 10
Instinct: 7

Lireloth was more than pleased with Neiveth's reply and paid no mind to the Candidate behind him. An approaching dragon caught his attention for a moment, though, and he chuckled off the warning.

Don't worry, Takarath. There's nothing that gets me more focused than knowing I've got a pair of watchful eyes on me.

Thella waved as V’kenti approached, glad that the rest of the wing was starting to get together. She glanced over at G'lin again once he returned from helping the Candidate get on their way.

"Hopefully that will help the both of them, then," she said as she shifted, tugging on one of the straps that held Lireloth's harness together. Everything was ready to go, now it was just a waiting game.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:56 pm
BURNING ACES WING
M'aze of Bronze Zeath
HP: 37
XP:
Target Accuracy: 9
General Stamina: 6
Between Accuracy: 7

M'aze gave Aly'on a comforting smile as he slapped Zeath's neck in a hearty pat before sliding a foot into the leathers of the harness. It was time to get seated and get ready to head out.

"Try not to worry too much, then. We've got your back so long as you've got ours," he said, pulling himself up into the saddle. Even though Zeath wasn't the largest bronze he was still quite tall and being so high up made M'aze's head spin for just a moment as it always did. He cast his gaze up to the sky as if he could see the Thread already.

Shaddaling

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:58 pm
The First Hour: Round 1 Begins!

First Wave can now fight!

Second Wave can continue socializing and preparing.

Candidates will have been assigned duties and tasks in the Weyrbowl, as well as in the Lower Caverns and the Infirmary. It's imperative they stay out from being underfoot of the weyrhealers and riders!

Rainstorm Wing aka The Tea Clutch. You're too little and too young to be assigned tasks and duties. Chances are, you're in the Barracks learning how to keep your dragon calm during high stress times of emotion. Your babies are still sensitive and likely easily distressed, so I can't imagine they are going to want them underfoot in the Weyrbowl. It's possible their morning or afternoon chores are going to be helping in the kitchens and areas that keep them away from the worst of the trauma and chaos.

- - - -

Current Hour: 1100

Current Location: Just south of the Northern Wastelands. Fighting south-west. Will be fighting over High Reaches Hold territory, west of the mountains and High Reaches Weyr. Will be covering some smaller cotholds, and plenty of minor holds. There will be foothills, as well as some forests, plains, and farm land.

High Altitude: Trespassers, Hurricane Wing, Aquila
Mid Altitude: Harbingers, Tsunami, Wing, Scorpius
Low Altitude: Burning Aces, Tornado Wing, Ophiuchus

- - - -

At D'mon's signal, the dragons of High Reaches Weyr lifted as one. He ensured that each Wingleader, Wingsecond, and Weyrider had the proper coordinates from Thistreth, before giving the signal to hop Between.

One...

Two...

Three...

They appeared just before Leading Edge, with thick clouds already heavy above them. The winds were strong, buffeting the dragons even before they had taken to their positions. D'mon hoped this was as bad as the winds would get, and that they wouldn't get worse.... But there was nothing to be done. The silver threat could already be seen as it came over the snow capped peeks. It was cold, yes, but not cold enough for the Threads to turn to harmless crackdust. No, as soon as they exploded into the atmosphere, they began to get pushed about by the strong and gusty winds.

They would fly up to meet it -- with the wings separating into their altitudes as they approached. The Weyrleader gave another signal, passing power to the Wingleaders and their Seconds.

This is it, Thistreth. I hope they're ready.

Thread will not win. Not today.

Round 1 Begins: Now!
Round 1 Ends: Tuesday May 1 @ 8:00pm ET

Remember, 5 rolls per day. Consider your first 5 rolls due by 8:00pm ET April 30th, and your last 5 rolls for the Round by 8:00pm ET May 1.

Certain rolls do not count toward your total -- Queen's Catching Rolls, Firestone Runs for Weyrlings, Wingleader/Wingsecond rolls, figuring out how good or bad a scenario roll happens to be per instruction.

Keep track of your HP and your XP!
Quote people, and communicate, if you're going to save them, or if they have to take damage, etc.

Riders/characters can come and go as needed, even if you didn't post them. If you post them later, unless they're second wave, DO NOT SAY THEY CAME LATE. All riders are considered to be in their wings on time! There is no "late". Unless you're sick or injured, you will be fighting Thread with your wing. Joining in late OOCly doesn't mean your rider wasn't there -- they were just quiet.

And please, above else, try to have fun! Let's see how this goes!

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:18 pm
ASHLINGS WING
Ichta of Blue Aurinkoth
Status Effect: --
XP: (Base Stat - +1 to everything)(+5 to distribute to whatever I want)
Target Accuracy: +1
Flame Length: +3
General Stamina: +1
General Agility: +2
Between Accuracy: +2
Pain Resilience: +1
Instinct: +1 (+1 to apply at end of game)
Luck: +2

Time to go Ichta urged Aurinkoth, who launched on signal without hesitation. While remorse had been held in his hearts, fear never would as long as his Ichta was safe with him! She used that self assurance to steady them as they sprung upwards - 1...2....3!

On the other side, the wind pushed them off course, and Aurinkoth twisted to realign himself with their goal with a calming rumble. There would be no spooking this little blue! All I have to do better is not fly into fire! We will be fine! he assured and Ichta nodded. It was absolutely go-time. And Aurinkoth was definitely paying more attention this time, twisting through the air and flaming as needed.

But he couldn't help but spot danger lurking around the corner for a Wingmate! Oh no! Not today!

Above you! he called out.

[[WAITING ON WHO AURINKOTH IS SAVING BECAUSE FIRST POST MY BOY WHY XDD]]  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 1!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:19 pm
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith
HP: 22
XP: (+1 base; +5 to distribute)
Flame Length: 1
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 1
Pain Resilience: 4

Menankith was heartened by the reponse from Aurinkoth, and passed both the words and feeling on to Nadry, who took similar comfort in it as she mounted up and fastened herself in. Very securely. Even though the straps themselves hadn't been the issue last time, she wasn't taking any chances! To lose the security of their neckstraps and rely only on what were essentially the failsafes, well...that had been terrifying, and not an experience she wanted to repeat (or that...undignified descent from her dragon). If she could avoid any such thing ever happening again, she meant to. Tell them the same. And when this is done, we should have a night! I've got a feeling we'll need it.

The brown returned his bright blue brother's sentiments with a gentle wave of the same. Mine says we will have a 'night' after this. So be safe, and we will have it soon. It has been too long since we watched the stars together.

And his charming blue brother received a croon, and a happy blue-green gaze as Macuith's well-wishes cut through the tension he felt. I will await you in the sky, and take care where I aim! Although I make no promises, if you are too fast for me!

The brief touch from Uridith was met with bemusement, but rather than rudely ignore it, he did send back a very brief touch of his own - not affection, not really, but acknowledgement of the gesture, at least. And then it was time, and they were into the air and into the fight. Into Thread.

But the first to find danger was not a clutchmate, but the one they would have thought least likely to come to any harm, particularly when the fight had barely begun. But the wind and the enemy were fickle, that much was suddenly abundantly clear to Menankith and His as she cried out and he bugled a warning, Aviroth! Look out!

demon_pachabel

Uta

ShinosBee
acknowledging Uridith but also SAVING V'MEL

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Instinct

ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:19 pm
TRESPASSERS WING
=Flying First Wave=
Tyila of Green Mishaath
Round 1-1
Roll: 1 - Blasted all! As you jump Between to avoid a clump of Thread, the winds change, and when you appear from the icey depths, it's right into a major sheet of Thread! Heavy Damage: -8 HP! They also now suffer a Painful status for the next 3 rounds. This will negate any XP gained, and cause double damage if the prompt includes damage (or has you roll for damage). - Saved by Ahlalei of Brown Kalikath!

HP: 19/19
XP: 000
Target Accuracy: 3
Flame Length: 2
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 4
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 2
Luck: 4

With a glance to T'rel for luck, Tyila clung to Mishaath as they sprang aloft. Oversized hindquarters got her up and away with next to no effort, though the spare time was well spent, taking a few calming breaths before the leap between. They were slated for the highest altitude first, and both knew the dangers that came with it. As much as they would rather be hiding down in the stone weyrs below...this was the price they paid to live here. To have T'rel, and Tyalith.

And up here, it was hell.

Thread was falling thick and fast, and even for one as agile and quick on the wing as Mishaath, there came a moment where it was simply too much, and even with her flame she had to leap between to get away. Unfortunately, the wing turned just as they did so, and when they reappeared it was, rather than to a clear sky, to a wall of shimmering silver death...

And in a rush of light and flame it vanished. With a shuddering, near-tearful breath, she managed to ungrip the straps long enough to wave as Ahlalei of Brown Kalikath darted past. Th-thank Faranth for them...!

faesinger

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:22 pm
TORNADO WING
Thella of Brown Lireloth
XP:

Roll a d4  
SilverLutz rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:24 pm
TORNADO WING
Thella of Brown Lireloth
Status Effect: Fatigue 0/3
XP:

Finally it was time. Thella hoisted herself up into her harness and pulled her goggles down, ready to face the biting winds that were sure to buffet them in the lower altitudes.

"All right," she said, eagerness to get going thrumming through both dragon and rider. Lireloth stretched out his wings and flicked his tail again, just as delighted to get to work as his rider. While they were more 'against the grain' types, when it came to fighting Thread they gelled with the team as well as any straight laced dragon and rider.

They soon found themselves airborne and jumping Between to the location of the Threadfall, but as soon as they appeared a massive gust of wind caught Lireloth's mighty wingspan and sent them tumbling towards the ground. Thella leaned forward in the saddle, her hands pressed firmly to the strong neck as they tumbled. Together they fought the wind and finally Lireloth opened his wings, halting their fall but also leaving them far from their Wing.

"Shards," Thella muttered, urging Lireloth to get back into formation. The brown struggled against the wind, making little progress, and finally Thella told him to Between back to his place rather than waste more energy. The excitement and sudden tumble they took had the brown's massive hearts beating heavily, though, and once they were back in formation it was clear the normally sturdy dragon was exhausted for the moment.

Easy, mine. Take your time to recover, we'll be back in fighting form soon Thella murmured silently to Lireloth, the large dragon still straining against the winds.

1/5  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Shaddaling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:25 pm
Hurricane Wing
J'in of Brown Irath
HP:31-8 =23

Status Effect: Painful status for the next 3 rounds /negate any XP gained, and cause double damage if the prompt includes damage (or has you roll for damage).
XP:(+6 xp to all), +5 to distribute
General Stamina: 6+4=10
Between Accuracy:6+1 =7
Luck:6

High Altitude
Blasted all! As you jump Between to avoid a clump of Thread, the winds change, and when you appear from the icey depths, it's right into a major sheet of Thread!

J'in swallowed, fingers tight on the straps as they lifted into the air and into the chill of the between and out once more. It was heavy and the wind was doing them no favors. 'Irath' he called seeing a heavy clump they could not flame heading towards them.

Irath replied, blinking between to avoid and popped back in and gave a displeased screech as he popped right into an unavoidable sheet.

'I'm fine! Between,' He snapped and ready himself for the chill as they blinked again and settled. 'Irath?'

It throbbed over his hunches but the thread was no longer digging. Just painful.  
Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff