Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
The Spooky Clutch Touching: Trick or Treat! Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:44 am
Jagmund

Jagmund jerked his hand away from the Hunter egg and couldn't quite hide his expression of disdain. Wow, that dragonet had some unresolved issues already. What they were, he couldn't tell, but he knew he wouldn't envy the person that ended up dealing with it. It certainly wouldn't be him.

He wiped his hands on his pants as if to rid himself of the Hunter's sharp thoughts and decided to merge back into the Candidates visiting the greater bulk of the eggs. He looked around a bit, oblivious to the Banshee egg's pain and the Frankenstein's Monster egg's worry.

Instead, he wandered towards the popular Angel egg. What are you thinking, bright one? He thought, as he put his fingers on a free part of it's colourful shell. What makes your world whole?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:45 am
Oh.. uhm sing? she didn't sing, at least not in front of others, but ..... Serfie hummed tunefully, but quietly, while she had her hand on the egg until she felt very self concious and quickly withdrew, sorry she thought, moving away and onto the next egg,

She bypassed the large and imposing Gargoyle egg, at least for the moment and headed towards an egg that, from the expression of some of the candidates, was causing some issues. She frowned as she touched the Banshee Egg, curious about why it was making candidates upset.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farellen almost gave into the urge from the Goblin egg, then he laughed "good one!, but if i did that, i'd be kicked out and i want to meet your siblings too" Farellen decided to be methodical about it and moved to the Vampire Egg next, going around the eggs this way seemed the best and less chaotic method of doing so. He didn't like the idea of going to and fro like some of the others were doing, it made him feel uncomfortable seeing the unco-ordinated methods.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:47 am
-----------------------------------------Dolmar-----------------------------------------

The happy curl of satisfaction that meeting Demon had sparked in Dolmar's chest fluttered as he felt its lingering attention. Like a low banked flame that had been kindly fed a bit of kindling—the smallest shift upwards in strength. Yes, all eyes on me, you worthy eggs... It reaffirmed in his mind that the right dragon would know him right off. Gargoyle had been too meek, too weak-willed, compared to Demon at least. But there were more yet to come. So many more, though for now, only one main target remained.

"Marinel. I know you wanted to see a certain one, so I'll promise we can see it next. But first...there's one last one that I think we both need to see." A glance to be sure his twin was in tow (and that Marinel did not seem distressed meant the Demon egg had not rejected him outright—another good sign, though that was one he realized he'd not mind keeping interested solely in himself) and he was off again. The last of the largest eggs was the one that had caught his eye the most. Demon was boldest colored, Gargoyle had had the least competition at the start. But Vampire oozed composure and power. The color was slightly pale, but it would make sense that it might contain a queenly dragonet. If that was so, then it was not for him...but it would not do, no, not at all, to spurn someone so important just because you knew the match would never be struck. And if it were not a gold...then he would be sorely remiss not to meet it and offer himself up for inspection.

His hand slid across the pearly shell, brushing a wordless but expectantly solemn thought of greeting against the presence he sensed inside. Come, then, and know me better. He wanted to wrap that sense of power about himself like a cloak...but he'd rather have it offered than take it, unbidden.

Thaliawen

-----------------------------------------Jacquol-----------------------------------------

Yikes! The raw sorrow of the little blue egg put Jacquol back on her heels. Woah! Was that normal? After the more pleased, or at least better contained reactions of the first two eggs, Banshee seemed a bit overwrought! Poor precious little one. Gently she patted the egg, the motion awkward and somewhat stilted, but genuine enough. How did you comfort an egg? How did you comfort anyone? She wasn't really good at feelings. Not unhappy ones at least. Life was to be lived, enjoyed, if you asked her, because, yeah, death came soon for too many and left too many holes behind, just like the egg seemed to be worried. But that was why you had to really live life while you could, right? Or else you might as well just already be gone between, huh? Y-yeah, that was...definitely how you cheered someone up.

She'd just keep patting the little egg until it settled, maybe. The egg beside it, the really bright one, it was rattling a bit too. Was it upset? Or maybe hurt? Her left hand joined the right in gently supporting Banshee's shell. Hopefully the bigger one wouldn't rock too far and knock into it!

-----------------------------------------Falienn-----------------------------------------

The egg literally pulled away from him. From HIM! Falienn snorted, flicking his hand as if to fleck off some slime or dirt. Please. As if he'd want to keep touching something so rude. Whatever, whatever. This little corner of the sands hadn't done a thing for him so far, and he'd never been one to linger where he wasn't wanted, or near those who'd rather he were gone. It was all well and good to p***k and poke at those who could fight back, but all the eggs could do was feel at him. And he didn't need more disdain piled on.

So across the sands he went, to the furthest egg from the ones he'd been near. Ghoul was just as ruddy as Mummy had been, but smaller. That was fine. He didn't particularly put much stock in size. His father, after all, had rode bronze. And look what kind of man he'd turned out to be. You weren't a bronze, were you, little egg? He'd really rather not, thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:59 am
Oerlen slid his hand off of the Demon's shell with a nod. Though it wouldn't be much of a secret to keep once it was overcome, he offered the egg a, Most gracious of you, and a small smile before he moved on.

The Hellhound Egg was next, its searing shade making him feel as alert as the creature inside seemed to be. "How do you do?" he asked aloud for a change, brushing the egg with his fingers before settling his palm against it. This is all quite something, isn't it? He looked around at the other humans milling about, wondering if the dragons were overwhelmed by all the attention.

Smerdle

Scamp

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:00 am
Lissa

Looking shaken to the core by the flood of feelings coming from the egg, Lissa impulsively threw her arms around the Banshee egg, hugging it fiercely for a moment.

"Hush, little one. It will be all right. Why, when you hatch and Impress, the person you find is going to love you ever so much! How could they not?"

Aware that she needed to be moving on, Lissa rose to her feet and gave the egg a final, reassuring pat before moving on. A distinct sensation of serenity drew her towards the brilliantly colored Frankenstein Monster egg. Kneeling in the sand, the blonde touched the bright egg and smiled ever so slightly.

"Well, my friend, you're much calmer than your sib. It's a pity you can't reassure each other. Or can you? Is that rude of me? If so, I'm sorry."

The serenity rolling from the egg wormed its way into her soul, easing some of the shock of the previous encounter.

-----------------------

Esfir

"I think sometimes Momma only cares about being pretty and rich," Esfir murmured in response to the strong almost-thoughts coming from the egg. "I like your way of seeing things much better. I like you. Even if we don't Impress we can still be friends, can't we?"

Truly, she had no idea how exactly impression worked, but the thought of having a dragon as a friend was so lovely! Especially a dragon that seemed to understand her so well. Still, there were other potential friends to meet. So with a final pat, she leaned in and brushed her cheek against the smooth shell.

"Thank you for talking to me. But I have to go try to meet your brothers and sisters now."

With that, Esfir blithely headed for the next egg that caught her attention. Which just happened to be the Siren egg. Charmed by the rainbow coloration, but intrigued by the sense of being challenged to come closer, Esfir crouched by the egg, running a delicate hand over the egg. It almost felt like the dragon inside was daring her. And Esfir did so love dares and adventures. Grinning, she heard herself chuckling in sheer delight.

"Oh, I bet you'd be fun to have adventures with!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:00 am
Ryala

With a gasp, Rya jerked her fingers back. So... much... pain! How could one who had not yet truly entered the world feel such loss? To feel so alone...! No. Surely not forever. When it hatched, the little one must surely Impress to someone who could help it.

Moving away from the depressing egg, Ryala went next to the Gargoyle egg. Placing her palms on this shell, she hoped that perhaps it would be a bit calmer...

~~~~~~~~~~

Ladellan

...So, someone wanted to play, huh? To Del's way of thinking, that depended on the game. There was nothing wrong with finding enjoyment in good, clean fun... but rule-breaking mischief was definitely out. With a last gentle pat for the egg, he moved on.

As the nearest one over was the Vampire egg, he went to greet it. His first impression as he placed a hand on the golden paleness was that the occupant's power was certainly not pale. If anything, he was certain that this one was destined for greatness. How could any who approached it ever possibly deny it?  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:11 am
Well. That wasn't polite! Was he really so dull? Mari took a step back from the egg and looked to Dolmar. "Was that one better?" He asked. "I think I put it to sleep." Oh? They could see the egg he'd chosen after this! "And then we can visit the others, too." He wanted to see all the eggs. Which one matched Dolly most, he wondered. Which one--might match him?

He followed Dolmar over to the vampire egg. Maybe this one would be better. He reached out a hand and stroked the yellow shell. "Hello," he greeted, the egg. "It's nice to meet you."

~~

Jailla couldn't help but beam at the response. She dropped Phayton's hand in surprise. "It's nice to meet you, too," she said. This dragon was so sweet! "I hope I get to meet you when you hatch."

She renewed her hold on Phayton's hand. "Which one next?" She asked.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:11 am
So far, not so good: another egg that looked into his past, decided that that was all he was, and that was that. It bothered him a little more this time, whether it was because it had happened so soon after the first, or because of the why. Snubbing him because he'd been a mercenary! After he'd been shoved off on his father by his own mother and grandparents, and if he'd not done as he'd been told, what Dezerin had raised him to do, what he and Mezrin had had to do to keep each other safe... Dezerac shook his head and, rather than waste his time trying to explain himself to the egg, not after it had cherry-picked his life and assumed what it wanted, he removed his hand and turned his back on it.

This time he went to the Vampire Egg, offering it the same unfiltered look he had its judgemental siblings, his feelings now edged in irritation. What would this one choose to chastise him for?

------

How delightful! These eggs were all so delightful! Oh, aren't you just precious? Rio gushed, reaching out his other hand to steady the Werewolf a bit. Such enthusiasm! Dark is a good thing, of course - not that I don't appreciate lighter colors! They're all beautiful. I do have dark hair myself, though, he added in a conspiratorial 'whisper.' Stay? I have a lot of your siblings to meet still, but I could stay with you a bit longer...and if there's time, I'll come back and see you again! How about that?

But the egg wasn't the only one speaking to him! He looked up and flashed a bright smile to the young woman also in the company of the Werewolf. "That would be lovely, wouldn't it? Alas, we must obey the rules and keep up appearances in front of our visitors - did you hear how their last Touching went? But if there's time, maybe we can come back and visit again at the end. If one of them doesn't upset Vimiath and get everyone thrown off the Sands," he added with a wink. He truly wasn't bothered that they were here, or critical or afraid that they would misbehave, but he did so love to gossip!

------

Why yes, she did have good taste! They both did, clearly! Akaris was heartened - and flattered in turn - by the feeling of the royal bow given by the Vampire Egg, and responded by executing a deep curtsy of her own, a motion that required her to remove her hand for a moment. It returned to the beautiful shell in due time. It's been a pleasure to make your acquaintance, truly. I can see that you are great, even now. My sincerest wishes that you find a worthy partner.

Perhaps later, if there was time, she would return, but they weren't to loiter indefinitely around a specific egg, and so she departed from her first to visit the Demon Egg. Such fire, she admired, as dripping with praise as she had been from the start. No wonder you're getting so much attention.

Tsunake

Meepfur
Crew

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:15 am
Not needing to be told twice, legs shakey enough from her previous encounter, Amra sat beside The Gargoyle and ran her hands over it in thanks. Her nerves calmed themselves as she worked to clear her thoughts of the memories she had just relived. Those same memories had made her run in the first place, had caused her to be punished, though fairly, and had disappointed her new master.

Hanging her head only slightly, she nearly jumped when an image flashed through her mind. What was Whirlwind doing at a time like this, had she not trained the small fire lizard better than to bother her on a day like today?! Another image followed it and Amra lifted her head to look straight at the girl centered in them. Where had she come from? Surely she'd taken stock of everyone in the preceedings before she walked onto the sands. Had she been so foolish as to miss one?

No, that girl had not been there before, that was why Whirlwind had sent her the image. Good little spy he was, but she had no intention of alerting anyone to the other's presence. If she wanted to try her luck, so be it!

Running her hands over the Gargoyle once more, she stood slowly and thanked it for its hospitality before she walked over towards The Hunter. There was still a faint distraction in her but when she placed her hand on the spotted shell she smiled.

"You seem hard to please, are you looking for something in particular?" she asked softly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 am
The feeling made her shiver, unsure of how to respond. She wanted....She wasn't sure, to be honest. She wanted to find somewhere where she belonged. Where she wouldn't be looked at strangely for the way she was born. Shaking her head, she sent the Demon a fond farewell, before moving on. So many eggs, all of them to be touched and greeted, but which to come next? Honestly? She made her way across the sands, looking at each one with a fond eye. Her goggles had to be adjusted as she traced a path. Which to greet? The next one to meet her hesitant touch would be the Angel egg Her curiousity measured as she reached in, So many people saying hello to you. I hope you're feeling alright.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:24 am
Shifting, Norathoman wandered to the stands, finding a seat to get a better view. He couldn't help the smile that was soon on his face, elbow on his knee and chin in his hand as he leaned forward to watch. Shards but the excitement HAD bled into him. He chuckled as one of the eggs expressed pickiness. Regardless of color, that egg knew what it wanted and what it definitely didn't want. He pondered at what egg could be what, though, and started to look for anybody else in the stands to talk to.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:35 am
While maybe not as cheerfully reassuring as Djinn was, there was encouragement from the egg. Rinis nodded solemnly to it, and whispered for it alone "I will." Out here alone, she'd been afraid the egg didn't want candidates touching it. Now she saw how wrong she was. It was time to move along.

Drifting back the bright fiery Demon Egg was the next to feel her hand. It one was of the larger eggs amid the clutch and she wondered what dragon it contained within its bright shell.  

magnadearel

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 am
Shahera was excited and the only thing that was keeping her from quite literally bouncing on the sands was years of training and discipline at the Courtesans Guild. This was her first and she almost dared not hope her last Touching. What would it bring? She had heard stories and been told that the stories could not compare to actually experiencing it.

With careful measured steps she approached her first egg. What would it feel like? What secrets might it reveal to her? Would it be happy to meet her? Or annoyed for they did not mesh well? Carefully, gently, she placed her hand on the Goblin Egg and waited with bated breath.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:43 am
Miach (HR)

Miach hand's still shook as she caressed the surface of the Vampire egg. Something told her that maybe she should move onto the next egg for now. The feelings she received from the egg were welcoming enough, but she was hesitant to spend more time at the egg. Miach rose to her feet and decided to move farther away from the grouping of eggs, though her eyes did draw back to the Hunter egg once more, still trying to hold onto the confidence she felt from the egg. Miach approached the Banshee Egg, sitting down in front of it and holding her hands out hesitantly at first. The air was definitely much heavier around this egg, but she wasn't going to let that deter her. Not yet. Miach put her hands out to the egg and softly rubbed at the egg's surface is soothing circles. "Hello beautiful." She said softly.

Kambri (W)

The initial response he received from the Siren Egg did not instill confidence in the boy, but he decided to sit for a few moments, cooing at it softly in his mind. "You are a sparkling gem, aren't you?" He cooed, rubbing at it in soft strokes. "And the rainbow color reminds me of home. I wonder how you would feel about Black Sands." He wondered, figuring out the egg with curious attention.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:47 am
Roana let out a brief bubble of uncharacteristic delighted laughter. To feel another mind reach out and brush hers was so strange and alien, it should have been an invasion but she found quite unexpected joy at the contact. Since she still hadn't quite got the idea of speaking mind to mind yet she spoke out loud in answer. "Well you're both a bit of a shock, gotta say. Not a bad one though, and your right, your shell does rather draw the eye. " She gave the Djinn egg another affectionate smooth with her rough sailors hands. However she still had the warning of the candidate master echoing and well, it was time to move on if she wanted a chance to greet all the eggs.

The Hunter egg was the next to come under her hands as it was the next one in her circuit. She decided to try and keep her mind open as she did, not asking or demanding anything of the egg, but eager to hear its own unique voice.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff