Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:27 pm
Martirae

Martirae took the extended hand with a tight squeeze - not enough to be painful, however, as she had no reason to assert any dominance here (she would have cut circulation to Papys' fingers off if he'd tried it). "A pleasure," she'd already introduced herself, after all, so she saw no need to give her name again and point that out. Iathe seemed sensible enough to not need her blunder highlighted.

"What do you think of the circumstances?" she inquired. There were many who had their opinions, after all, and she'd heard some of them whispered not so quietly as everybody settled in. She had her own opinion, of course, but she was going to let Iathe give hers first.

---
Papys

"If you think it suits you, then by all means!" he bid with a laugh - not like he'd been told a fantastic punchline, but rather like the whole affair was simply a bit much. Oh, these people were so stuffy! Both of them! But for all his idiocy, he was at least smart enough to keep that to himself.

And it seemed, with that, his entire thoughts on the matter were over and done with - and he was off to find somebody else to bother. Oh, he was simply wasted on these two!

Masterharper
You've been freed from the grandest of idiots.

[quote="Dea and #Teddy#]  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:33 pm
Akaris

"I would love to meet him! And you should meet Lovely, too." After the Hatching, of course, when it was safe and permissable to have firelizards about. There would be no getting in trouble today, not if she could help it! Even if she did miss the tiny gold terribly, and had gotten used to the weight of her on her shoulder, the sweet songs and soothing companionship.

Akaris smiled and returned Rylyrr's squeeze of her hand, while with her other she belatedly righted the hat A'ral had given her before they'd left, and which had gone a bit askew with all the hugging and spinning. It wasn't necessarily up to Hatching dress code, but she had permission. Because she was special. Which might have been half the reason she was happy to wear it. "I hope these will be better-behaved than Vimiath's, and I won't have to do any hiding."

She still found herself torn on that possibility, when she really thought about it. On one hand, safety was, obviously, very appealing, but on the other, it did present the possibility of something happening to Rylyrr.

Shaddaling

Meepfur
Crew

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:49 pm
The Light Purple Swirly Egg
Only those looking directly at the eggs would notice the smallest of trembles from one of them. Whoever was on the inside seemed to be stirring. The pale, swirled egg in the back gave a small twitch, before falling still again. There seemed to be an awful lot of commotion out there. Was it all for them?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:04 pm
Rio

"Mm, when you put it that way..." Rio appeared to give the possibility of marks and favors in return for sharing their luck serious consideration, until he broke into a laugh when she chose 'all of the above' (well, almost). "But what if I like the grim one?" Maybe he needed some cheering up! Well, he'd keep an eye on him for the time being, and if he remained alone for too long, maybe they could revisit that possibility.

For now, he'd been given an assignment, and that was the (other) tall boy. Rather than go about it by running and bouncing like Alya - which was adorable - he sauntered the short distance over with a bright and easy smile. At least he didn't have to do any actual collecting, and the girls would ideally come to him; there was no persuading involved, only general friendliness and the hope that it might be returned. "Morning," he offered by way of casual greeting, "Or is it afternoon here? I'll confess, I'm...not entirely sure."

Tsunake

BastetAmun

Meepfur
Crew

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:09 pm
Slightly late to the game, a massive brown dragon appeared out of between. Lennoth let out a bellowing call to the other dragons, announcing his arrival, before he started a slow and lazy spiral down to the sand. Look, everybody is already there because she HAD to be running late.

"Lennoth, hush!" P'tius turned to the girl clinging to his back and nudged her. "Look, everybody's waiting, and you're not too late!"

At the rider's back, Tarnaria had the grace to blush. "I'm sorry I was late, the healer worked as fast as they could bandaging my hand."

Lennoth touched down as P'tius gave the girl a considering look, "Well, I suppose to be fair, you were a little occupied with a chore when the call went out. Anybody's bound to injure themselves in such an event." He shifted and jumped down, then held his hands up. "Come on, now, down with you! Perhaps your dragon's waiting!"

Tarnaria jumped down, then smiled up at P'tius, "Thank you." She turned and gave Lennoth a pat on his large shoulder, "And thank you, too, Lennoth!" She then hiked up her robes and hurried across the burning sands for the rest. "Hot hot hot... Oooh this is nothing like the Hatching Sands at High Reaches!"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:22 pm
Dorianus(High Reaches)

Standing alone near the edge of the larger group of boys, Dorianus was able to keep his eyes on the eggs fairly well. Being tall, while it did get quite a few looks from some people, did have its advantages.

All the while everyone around him was chittering away excitedly, he stood still, his arms hanging at his sides as his right hand was clenched, his thumb and forefinger rubbing against one another. There was an excitement in him that he was not allowing to show, remaining stoic and unchanged. While he was not afraid to show emotions, there was no need to be as expressive as everyone else around them. Perhaps it was because of his intent stare on the eggs that he caught sight of one moving. It was just a subtle movement that stopped but, it was still movement. If anyone else around him had caught sight of it, he hadn't the chance to listen to any conversation as someone had approached him and then spoke up.

Turning his head, Dorianus stared down at the other young man, a little confused by the fact he was being spoken too. More because of how abrupt he felt it was. Grey eyes did a quick sweep over the area to make sure he wasn't being mistaken for someone else and, when that was proven false, he deemed it okay to answer. "Afternoon here." His voice was deep as he spoke, watching the other. "You are from Western Weyr then?" He didn't give him a look of disapproval, while a candidate, Dorianus had not been born a weyrbrat and did not truly care if a weyr was run by a Goldrider or a Greenrider, as long as the rider could get the job done, that was all that mattered. Of course, he would keep that thought to himself, while he was at High Reaches.

Meepfure
He wants to be amicable. Must have caught him at a good time.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:19 pm
Riders
Vosin and Gold Killakeeth- W
They actually had a pretty good view of the stage. It is quite pretty here, Vosin thought. Before her was the view of the beach and the clutch, and beyond, the ocean. She could see herself coming here just to relax some day when she needed some ‘me time’.

Slowly she turned her attention back to the gathering candidates. All in all, she was quite pleased with the turn out from the two weyrs with absolutely no notice at all. She heard Killakeeth rumble beside her in approval as well. Now it only remained to be seen, what kind of clutch would this be? Bloody like Western’s last one, or sweet as the bright colors on the egg’s shells promised?

Thaliawen
For Mari

Ly’bur and Brown Hinburath- HR
He waited until he felt the brown find a suitable perch he could watch and generally not be seen. Ly’bur brooded thoughtfully on Nalacko for a time, before turning his attention to those other kids gathered below. It was almost like a contest really. Which weyr would walk away with the most hatchlings?

He grinned to himself. Aloud he spoke to any rider nearby. “Anyone up for a friendly wager? I wager an 8th of a mark that High Reaches ends up with 10 or more hatchlings.”

Killakeeth was keeping an eye upon her favorite candidates. A voice nearby in the shade distracted her for a moment, as she spotted a rider standing there. A wager he’d said? She turned her large head to eyeball him a moment before replying. I accept that wager. I bet High Reaches only gets 6 hatchlings.

Ly’bur and Brown Hinburath- HR
Of all the answers though, he had not been expecting the one he got. Ly’bur gulped a moment, mouth dry, and glanced toward the red-headed woman who could only be her rider. “Is ah she allowed to do that?” He’d never heard of a dragon, much less a gold, accepting a bet.

That is an interesting bit of gossip you have found Ly’burmine. Hinburath had noted the exchange.

Vosin glanced at the man, clearly from High Reaches and shrugged. “Why not? You put it out there. Her marks are as good as mine.”  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:20 pm
High Reaches Candidates
Makimton
He slowly approached the gathering knots of candidates. It was hard to tell where to stand. Were they supposed to be separated by weyr or something? He wished his sister was here to watch him. Last he’d heard she was on a mission or some such other thing. Makim sighed softly to himself and shifted on his feet. These sands were burning hot. He grasped the fabric of his robes at the chest and fanned it a few times to try to move hot air through. Not much longer and they’d need a water break. Would they bring water skins or buckets around to the candidates during hatching? He didn’t want anyone passing out.

Nalacko
She smiled as one of the candidates with Rizdax introduced herself to the group, followed by a another girl. Nalacko shifted slowly from foot to foot. Too bad there was no way to put any shade out here for the candidates. Who would want to take a break when it might mean they missed their dragon?

“It is super peaceful and relaxing here. I’m kind of glad the gold chose this beach,” she replied to Farensil.

Hattaki
Rizdax

houllow
name. name will eventually go here.

SilverLutz
Shar

Ruhane Chiisai
Farensil

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:22 pm
Western Candidates
Rinis
What felt like hours was probably only ten minutes in reality. It didn’t take long before Chaek had returned and cheeped proudly in her ear after he’d landed on her shoulder. Which she took to mean that he’d successfully completed his mission. L’saen would soon be ready for her. She relaxed a bit then and petted the brown as she waited.

Chaek nudged her hand and pointed with his snout. From his mind she got the image of the blue and his rider. “Ah there he is.” With quick steps she hurried to meet them. Rinis waved as the pair came into view. “L’saen! Solouth! Are we ready?” Already the weyr felt deserted. Or was that her imagination?

Aukai Oceansoul
L’saen/Solouth- I think you didn’t get quoted cause I forgot the " " the first time.

Omurntas
He was slightly surprised when one of the younger candidates stuck to his side. Omurn flushed again slightly as the younger boy tried to reassure him about the goldrider. What did he know? Slowly he walked down toward the beach, following the other. It was his first actual dragon clutch. He eyed the varied hues on the eggs and the sizes, not sure exactly what he was expecting. Omurn was undecided if he should be impressed or disappointed.

He glanced at the boy. What was his name again? “I don’t know who Jarah is.” Glancing around, he noted also that there appeared to be a far larger group than just what Western had. Was there another Weyr or Weyrs present here? Thankfully he didn’t need to look for a person he didn’t know, as another boy ran up to join them. Was this Jarah then?

Thaliawen
For Mari

Strawberri Stardust
Jarah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:21 am
P'rell & Venaith - HR
P'rell ran a slightly nervous hand through his blond hair at the mention of a hat, fluffing it up off of his neck and feeling the air chill his damp scalp.. ~ Your hair is looking delightfully 'well flown' mine. Venaith teased in the back of his mind.

~Hush you.~ P'rell half-turned from where Aly'on had crept into the bushes the minute he realized what the other rider was about. Of course he might have snuck one quick peek. But it was only one and he kept his head turned resolutely towards the crowd and the clutch. He couldn't see much at this distance without stands to watch from. "It wouldn't be the first time I've worn a dress." He remarked as Aly'on returned from behind the bushes sporting a rather luxurious pair of... pants? P'rell blinked and fidgeted with the fold of one sleeve.

"Your brother is up for Impression?"

Shaddaling
Aly'on

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:33 am
Astriana (Western)

Astriana looked over to the shade herself, wondering if it would be better to go over there. Since they didn't know how long before the babies began to hatch out of their eggs, they certainly could be standing in the sun for awhile. Not that it bothered her, but some shade might not be a terrible idea, now that it was mentioned. It hadn't escaped her notice as Cedarian leaned away from Papys and took a step back. It was clear he was tired of the other guy, not like she could blame him. She didn't mind happy ones, but only those she chose were worthy of her loyalty. Papys was not someone she knew, so meant he did not have such. Just like Cedarian wished for D'mar being here, oh how she could use the company of G'ryl, Miach, and their dragons.

Surprisingly, after Cedarian gave his name, Papys finally flitted off to find some others to converse with. Had the way Cedarian moved away from him enough for the other to leave? Or maybe it had just been the way they weren't as sociable as he had hoped for. Not like she couldn't be, but that was only with her family and friends. Once he left, her eyes went to the eggs for a moment. Luckily, it was just in time to see the big, purple egg in the back was moving slightly.

"Seems one of the eggs is getting ready,"she pointed out, wondering if Cedarian had seen it too.

Masterharper

demon_pachabel

(Anyone else, feel free to make connections to Astri)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:29 am
Rizdax

The growing crowd around him made him a bit nervous but he swallowed it by knowing that all but one were friends that he'd met since coming to this Weyr and that despite the varying levels of friendship they were all special to him. A grin crossed his face at the thought and he managed a wink to Renose's words of friendship, though he had an inkling what brought them on. He patted the taller teen's shoulder and nodded his head to Nalacko and Farensil.

"Not really sure that it's a secret, just talking to people?" Rizdax managed a laugh despite the opressing heat. "It's seriously hot out here, I wonder how everyone else is going to manage to stay standing upward?" he glanced about the crowd and saw some fanning themselves and others wearing hats of a sort. Which was odd, but he would have put one on if he could since he could feel his shoulders beginning to burn from the intensity of the sun baking down on them. "Our skin is gonna be as red as my hair by the end of this."

That didn't matter to him as much as the possibility of Impressing did though, the chance to meet the one that might let him fight the scourge that was Threadfall and save people the way that green rider and their dragon had saved him so long ago. Shar had taught him that many riders fought it because it was their duty, but for him it was personal, he wanted every single Thread burned from the sky if he could and riding a dragon was how one could go about doing that. He wanted to find his partner, he needed to, and Rizdax could only hope one among these eggs was that partner. But he'd seen a lot of people left standing on the sands in the past year he'd worked himself up to being healthy enough to even manage to stand. So if he was left in a similar situation he would have to work on himself to become stronger and a better choice for a searching hatchling...

houllow
You have one down below too!

SilverLutz
So do you! XD

magnadearel
Etansi has her eyes on Killa and Vosin below as well. lol

Ruhane Chiisai

-------------------------------
Etansi

Fingers wound their way into her own and the slim girl squeezed in response with all the nerves that she was feeling, that she could only convey to her twin of all people. Even if she came to ever trust another like she did him, there was a very low likelyhood that Etansi would open up in the way that she did with Erastan. She knew that his knowledge of her desire to protect him was enough to get him to be reckless and she wouldn't allow that, not from him and not if there was any chance that a wayward hatchling's claws might find him.

Just to be certain she narrowed down the position that Vosin and her massive gold Killakeeth had taken. If there were any others that she might have trusted on Pern it was the pair of them as they had whisked them away to Western Weyr and into something of a regular schedule. Though this was her first chance to stand, an oddity to her that it would be so far away from the Weyr itself but nothing that she would question, it wasn't entirely her desire to Impress and be taken away from her twin. More that the pair of them were exploiting an opening to its fullest and if one or the other managed to pull off an Impression... that left an opening for them to stay in comfort for a long time. A wicked look pulled on her face but was wiped away as she noticed something.

Etansi had only just taken her eyes away from the eggs for a moment to locate the massive gold dragon, but they had snapped right back into focus again and she knew that she had seen it.

One of the eggs had moved!

Sinders Path

---------------------------
Nicara of Blue Diesteth

Letting the full on blush she seemed to experience in Roana's general vicinity at all times cross back over her face again, Nicara cleared her throat carefully and nodded shyly to her words. It was certain that Diesteth was pulling his own worries from her rising stress levels and the ideas that were swirling through her head at the very thought of Roana facing down any dragonettes again. Certainly Roana was Diesteth's favorite human outside of herself, he was slightly biased to the same sort of things that his rider was, but he had his own concerns for her safety and was actually rather proud that she had chosen to stand once again.

"I promise to try and work on calming him down so he doesn't do anything rash." a soft chuckle pulled from her and she reached out a hand just as Roana turned to disappear into the crowd of Candidates, as if she could have reached out and touched her one last time if the worst happened. Swallowing a knot in her throat, Nicara raised her voice just a bit, "High Reaches Candidates are here, maybe you can find that girl from last time!"

You really are adorable, I'm certain that the pair will find one another again and rekindle that connection they had as friends. If anyone can it's Roana.

Running her hand down the large blue's nose, Nicara settled into leaning against his leg and letting all of her tension be melded away by his gentle presence and reassurance. If the pair was anything they were constant worry warts, but at least it was together.

----------------------------------------------
Tsuyat of Bronze Yudueth

Smiling brightly when he saw one tiny hand up in the air, Tsuyat hopped onto his small bronze dragon's leg and the pair were airborn, albeit gently so as not to disturb the rogue queen or any candidates. It was no large matter to float gently over towards her and land gently on the sand.

You came after all little twin sister, I'm glad that you'll be able to give some aid to any that are injured in the course of the hatching. You should look over the eggs and get a good look at them for yourself as well, since there is a chance that one could pick you.

"He's right, you never know what partner might greet you today! There's the chance you could make some new friends too..." Tsuyat was going to continue but he and Yudueth were doused with enough sand to make sure it got into places he would need to wash later. Lifting a wing, Yudueth was at least able to cover Soui and any medical supplies from the hot sand that flew everywhere with the arrival of a larger bronze dragon. "You're okay, just watch the little ones."

Laughing a bit at the unconventional rider, he glanced over him with a razor sharp eye before relaxing knowing that it wasn't one of those that flew under him, but rather a rider from another Weyr entirely. Tsuyat was good with faces, but this man had one that he didn't recognize and it meant that he could relax a bit and not have to change into his Wingsecond mode, or at least that was what his dragon called it and was reminding him in that exact moment not to morph into. With a grin he took the offered hand and shook it brightly, it wasn't every day that he got to meet someone from High Reaches after all!

"It's a pleasure to meet the pair of you, I'm Tsuyat and this is Yudueth, we fly for Western Weyr and this is my younger cousin Soui, she's a healer's apprentice." he gestured to both in turn as he mentioned them, and to his credit Yudueth actually bowed his head to the larger dragon, even if their size difference wasn't too great. They were from another Weyr though, so it held with decorum for them to show them as much if not more respect due to that.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:55 am
Talis

Life over the last sevenday had been markedly quiet for Talis, when compared to the mines she'd been plucked from.  Easy.  Granted, that would change at least a little when she was deemed ready to be moved from light duty, but even then she doubted she'd find candidacy to be strenuous.  Quite frankly, she thought that being on light duty at all was an unnecessary precaution; yes, she was a bit...undernourished and still sporting the fading evidence of working unwillingly in the mines and with more protest than was advisable, but Faranth knew she'd looked and felt worse.  Bruises and soreness were nothing.

When the call for candidates to go off to Southern Boll went up, she was in the midst of busywork for the Healers, carefully organizing jars of this and that - no very important jars, but with a mother who'd been in a subset of Healercraft, she knew what was what, and once she'd proved it, she'd been left to the task at hand.  She didn't pause to consider whether or not she would go, just took enough time to shelve what she was holding appropriately...and snap up one of the smaller jars from the shelf and ask if she could please take it with her.  When she went to get robes, someone started to shove one set at her, then changed their mind after getting a good look at her and bestowed a different set upon her.  She didn't think much of it until she actually put them on and realized the sleeves were longer, and wondered for a moment why they'd given them to her when she was about to go somewhere hot, but it soon dawned on her that they just so happened to cover the still-impressive bruising on her left arm.  Ah.  So that was it.

Then it was onto a dragon and off to an island that might as well have been another world.  Awestruck, she climbed mutely off her very courteous transport and proceeded to stare at the sea until she was snapped out of it and herded along towards the clutch, smearing some of the contents of her borrow jar on her face as she went.  Still stealing glances at the water now and then - or as much of it as she could see, with the line of dragons on guard to keep soon-to-hatch babies out of it - she took her place among the other candidates.  High Reaches, Western, she had no idea who was who, but did note that the rather tall fellow next to her was just as pale as she was.  Wordlessly, she reached into her sleeve for her little jar of paste and held it out to him.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 am
Esfir

Startled out of her musings by the arrival of a smiling girl, Esfir jumped a little and smiled back a bit shyly. She didn't recognize this girl at all, did that mean she was from High Reaches? If so, she went completely counter to every impression Esfir had ever been given of that Weyr! Still, she was being asked to stand with this Alya and her friends! There was no point in pretending she wasn't flattered and pleased by the invitation.

"Oh, yes please," she burbled happily. "My name's Esfir and I'm from Western!"

Almost before she could finish introducing herself, Alya was off, asking yet another girl to stand with her little group. Laughing merrily, Esfir decided she was going to like the other girl a great deal and trotted obediently off to the area Alya had pointed to.

Tsunake
Hello friend! ♥

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:11 am
Uta

The brunette did not mind him laughing; the whole situation seemed like a huge joke to her anyway. Maybe if she had been more awake she would have joined him, however, if she laughed she was sure it would only result in her falling over. “It's been five turns, so I have seen my fair share. You?” It had just been her anniversary of arriving at the Weyr, five long turns since her Star had guided her home. Where was she now? Plucking another flower. Giving someone else a second chance? Her brows furrowed together; when would she return?

Green eyes blinked a few times when he introduced himself, her furrowed brows shifting to confusion. What was the point of this? On any other day, she would have told him to keep his name for now, after all, if one of them Impressed chances are they would not speak again; for once she opted to avoid the argument and instead just sighed. “Dorame.” She replied, refusing to look in his direction. The small woman was used to lingering in the back, not being noticed by her peers - She was not here to make friends.

“Unlikely, I say given the odd circumstances the chances of any of ours impressing are even less than usual. I would not get your hopes up too much, Shinnikan.” The words flowed from herself too easily, louder than she intended but she did not care who heard; the young assassin was beyond caring who’s parade she rained on. If a storm cloud was going to linger over her head then everyone would drown with her.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff