Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:20 am
This egg was certainly friendly, wasn’t it? Ionan found himself smiling. It was a lot nicer than some of the eggs last time. “My deepest desire?” He hesitated. No one he cared about was around. He lowered his voice, hoping Friend Like Me egg could still hear him.

“I want to make my family proud. I have so many siblings and they’ve all succeeded. I want to make them look at me and go ‘That’s my little brother, I’m so proud to have him’.” He took a breath and planned to flee. “I know your family’s going to be pleased to have you, too,” he said. Did he flee? He decided he did. He didn’t quite rush to the Be Our Guest egg.

—-

Guess? Rhiyn grinned and shook his head. “How about I find out when you hatch, then?” He suggested. He made his way to the Go The Distance egg, and greeted it. “Hello,” he said. This egg was just as lovely as the one he’d just left.

Her first egg was such an understanding one! Shanley paused, surprised. “Thank you,” she said. “You know, you’re the very first egg I’ve met.” It was her first Touching, and all. “I guess we’re in the same place, this is our first time.” Because the egg, as understanding as it was, was just as inexperienced as she was. “Do you want me to stay?”

Shanley stood by the Auror egg, uncertain.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:26 am
baby_gwing
Colors of the Wind
The egg gave just the barest of light flutters against Elyk’s mind before drifting off again, leaving him to explore the rest of the worthy eggs on the sands.

Nilah44
Felix Felicis
Almost like the splash of splattering paint, the mind in Felix Felicis crashed enthusiastically into Sieston. Hiya!! It seemed to swarm over his mind, an eager child with a new toy that it was just so, so, so excited to play with. Had Sieston really picked Felix to see first?? Wowowowow! That was amazing! It seemed to give a pulse of happiness before settling back into an almost humming state of joy.

medigel
Colors of the Wind
Yes, came the utterly certain feeling from the egg to Arlie. But it was not a scolding thing. Gently the egg enfolded the girl, soothing and steady. Not knowing was okay too. Not knowing meant you could still be anything, do anything, and wasn’t that wonderful, not to know? The egg could tell she was trying her best, and who could fault that? Worry not, Arlie, the egg seemed to say. Things would go how they were meant to go. Just keep trying.

Princess_Feylin
Felix Felicis
The egg seemed to buzz with pleasure under Taibbi’s hand, almost seeming to shift and lean into the touch. Regardless of if this egg was her first or last choice, it was just so very happy to meet her! Today was going to keep being amazing, just like you, Taibbi! No time to worry about stuff for later, there’s so many people to meet! The egg was certain that any of the eggs would be lucky to have, well, any of the candidates it had met for riders! That means you too!

tatterpixie
Forbidden Forest
The pinprick of focus seemed to flare, something shifting, moving in the mental underbrush. Wasn’t he supposed to be moving on by now? Curious, curious. Still the feeling of being watched did not fade. This egg was always watching.

ShinosBee

Nerd

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:34 am
demon_pachabel

Gryffindor Egg
There you go! That was the energy Gryffindor liked to see! It was awesome that Gryffindor was so popular, and it was DELIGHTED that Fahn noticed. Fahn should be happy and awesome too!

Meepfur

Auror Egg
It let her feel a soothing sensation. It understood. She could make a difference, of that Auror was sure. Talis just had to focus, and go for the goal. There was no doubt in this egg that Talis could be amazing. If she had to go, though, Auror understood. Go, meet its siblings! It would want them to have attention too.

ShinosBee

Gryffindor Egg
What was that? What Falienn just did? Gryffindor rather liked the feeling of that pat, and it encouraged the other to do it again! Just gently, because cracked eggs are no fun. But what was Falienn like? Gryffindor wanted to KNOW!

Friend Like Me Egg
It was okay, the egg seemed to say. Focus could be so TERRIBLY hard to keep sometimes, and if Metzli had the desire to linger, then they should. After all, one should always follow their desires, or so this egg thought.

Thaliawen

Auror Egg
Shanely could stay if she liked, but Auror thought, if it was her first touching, she should meet its siblings. They were wonderful, if not a little harsh, but still worth Shanely's time. Go. Auror was content.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:38 am
Lelte
Lelte was surprised by the bite of the egg. That... was not what she had expected, not at all. That was extremely rude. You really shouldn't be so mean to those who wish only to greet you...Shame on you. She pulled her hand back and prepared to move on to the next egg. But which... which called to her? She looked around.

So not all eggs or their cargo were nice and kind... Or at least able or willing to be polite. It was a good lesson for the girl to learn. Now that the first of it was over, she could feel confident enough in the fact that she wouldn't hurt the babies by touching their eggs, nor did she need to fear. She would follow the guidelines given, and nothing bad would happen here.

With a steadying breath she took a few steps forward, weaving around the eggs nearby, not really feeling like she needed to reach out to any. She reached an egg - Avada Kedavra Egg - that was mostly apart from the others, but still lightly touching two of its siblings. Pink and gold, bright and bold, she couldn't help but think. Her siblings would have laughed at her whimsy. Hell, she was laughing at her silliness internally. Well, she was here, she might as well say hi.

Lovely one, you shine so bright, you should be nearer the center, the spotlight.

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 am
Yes, he supposed he was rather readily giving this hatchling what it seemed to want, no manipulation necessary. "You are quite the lovely egg and deserve all the attention I bestow." Torin's fingers tapped a gentle staccato on the Imperio's shell before he moved on to his original target, the Amortentia Egg.

"Aren't you just a joy," he said quietly, rubbing at one of its bright hearts. "I certainly approve of the sentiment."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:51 am
The Auror egg urged her on, and she quietly thanked it for the warning. So the others weren’t quite so nice? She headed for another egg, the Amortenia Egg and greeted it. She recognized Torin, he was another candidate from High Reaches.

“Have you done this before?” She asked, looking over at him before resting her hand on the egg’s shell. She’d been told how to do this, but what was she supposed to expect?

“Smerdle”

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:09 am
Talis...appreciated the thought. Encouragement was a rather foreign feeling that she wasn't entirely sure what to do with, and so she tucked it away for now and sent an appreciative thought the egg's way as she took her leave. She hesitated for half a second, the notion that she should say something to Lauthisen flitting through her head, but she reminded herself that they weren't here to socialize. Maybe later, if there was time.

She moved on to the nearby Imperio Egg, almost without thinking about it, and laid her hand against the shell.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:12 am
He was a Candidate now.

Not a tanner, not a citizen of Lemos Hold, not even a woodcrafter. Not for the next seven turns, at least.

Rykin had lived through a number of upheavals in his relatively short life, but this one felt different. He had chosen it, technically, though refusing an insistent searchrider hadn't really seemed like an option at the time. At least he'd had a say in theory, where his craft and... other things... had not really been decisions at all.

His new life at Western had a welcome regularity to it, until the opportunity to come here to High Reaches had arose and mucked it up. High Reaches. His siblings' weyr. He had seen neither hide nor hair of M'yk or Nadry since he had arrived, and he couldn't decide if that was a bad thing or not. The longer he stood on the relative calm of the sands, surrounded by people who were much more nervous here than he was, the more beneficial not seeing them seemed.

Eventually he did move, weaving between the eggs of the less angry queen until he came to the Colors of the Wind Egg. Its serenity enveloped him like a warm embrace when compared to some of its siblings, and even though he knew he wasn't meant to stay, Rykin knelt next to it as he touched its shell.

"Good afternoon, little one."

Smerdle

Scamp

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:29 am
Rahmi | HRW

Okay! He had been given the run down of what to do and what not to do. Rahmi felt very informed, though also a jittery mix of nervous, excited, and very curious. Squeezing his hands closed as he entered and bowed deeply to the five parents arrayed around the numerous eggs, the boy straightened and headed to get started. He was almost in awe. He hadn't been here long, but had he ever been quite so close to fully grown Queens and bronzes, the blue curled against one of the clutchmothers was massive for his size too. The clutches were both of what he imagined were considerable size so everyone must be very healthy! He was just buzzing with his musing as he made his way over to the intriguing looking Forbidden Forest Egg.

First egg, first touching ever. It'd be fine, right? Gently brushing his hands along the dark branchlike markings, Rahmi extended a greeting. "Hello." What does one say during these things? "I hope you're well." He knit his brows together low on his forehead. Yep, probably that. Totally. Hm. "I'm Rahmi." Probably should introduce himself. Only polite, after all.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:30 am
Torin stood a little straighter, easily transferring the smile he had given the heart-strewn egg to the girl at his side.

"I have not. I arrived at the weyr just before that rather surprising clutch at Southern Boll. None of us were prepared." He said the last bit like it was oh-so-scandalous, his voice briefly dropping to a whisper before rising again on his next question. "How are you finding it? Have the eggs been kind?"

Thaliawen

Smerdle

Scamp

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:41 am
Meztli
While the offer to stay was tempting (and the little egg's understanding vibe was charming), Meztli had it in their head now not to linger. There'd be more chances, of course, and the final pat they gave the egg seemed to say 'I'll definitely visit you again next time'. But there were many more to meet. So many they probably wouldn't get to meet them all anyway. Once they met them all, they'd be allowed to focus on their favorites...right? Maybe? They had no idea. Well, nothing for it. Another egg'd caught their eye, the pale colors drawing the artist's eye. Their hand slid along Once Upon a Dream thoughtfully, feeling the texture, the grain. How pretty it would be, to make a delicious treat with this same color. Like a flower, made of sweets, or... Their thoughts couldn't help but wander a bit, daydreaming as they stroked the egg.

Falienn
Another egg keen to have him stay. That felt weird. Though maybe it was just something to do with the clutch itself? He'd heard mutterings about Western's stock being lesser than High Reaches' but...hmm. He did indeed give Gryffindor a few more pats, but then moved on. Not far—he'd meant to see where Orri was heading, but with all the hubbub, it wasn't shocking that the excitable fellow seemed distracted. Well, one more egg couldn't hurt, before catching up with the kid, right? His hand found the shell of Hufflepuff, fingers tapping along. Sure a big egg. He'd managed to shake most of his disinterest in impressing a bronze now—oops, sorry if that's what you are in there...please don't hatch angry, please—but still. What sort of dragon would even want him? Nothing to do but try, right...?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:59 am
ShinosBee

Be Our Guest
It didn't know if it had ideas yet! Well, actually it had a lot of ideas! What did Finnisa need some suggestions for something? Or was the young woman referring to something else? It is ever so eager to please, if it can!

Thaliawen

Be Our Guest

Oh! Ionan has so specific of wants! Be Our Guest seems bursting at the seams, already trying to figure out what it can do to help!

Go The Distance

Hello! Was it a lovely egg? It can't see! But it can see that Rhiyn has something they're considering doing- it doesn't understand what, exactly, but gives the young man a boost! Hopefully. Oh, maybe that isn't helpful?

Meepfur

Imperio
Oh hello! Imperio is very gentle-touches with Talis, offering ounces of praise and delight for the young woman coming to see it! Just stay right here for a moment while it takes a peek, okay? Yes, that's right. It's satisfied with it's browsing. No need to worry about it.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:01 am
Taibbi's smile widened at the effervescent, positive impression she received from touching her first egg. Evidently touchings were much more civilized than hatchings. She even managed to forget about her feet sweating profusely in their boots as she made her way around the outside of the clutch, pausing briefly to touch each egg before gathering her courage to work her way toward the eggs within the outer circle.

When she came to a small egg, green and speckled, Taibbi hesitated for longer. This egg's colors seemed so cheerful to the candidate, she waited for an extra moment before collecting her good thoughts and warm feelings, at which she was becoming more proficient, and then reaching out with both hands to touch her fingertips to the Dementor Egg's hardening shell. She splayed her fingers out, as if connecting the egg's dots with the pads of her fingers, and did her best to push loving thoughts to the dragon within.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:21 am
W'tarl/Altoth

With Rhianth's clear upset having already spiked Altoth's stress levels, her sudden start at overhearing something was quickly caught by W'tarl. What is it? he asked. While Altoth's dramatic mood swings were not something all people would have appreciated, W'tarl found her a good standard to go by for if things were tense. Not quite into meltdown, but...

W'tarl! Someone didn't listen to you! the green explained, relaying what it was she'd heard to her beloved. The man frowned, shoulders steeling up as he shook his head. I see. Relay for me then -

Lelte would find a more familiar voice creeping in as the Candidatemaster Assistant's dragon reached out to her - Rhianth and Fianth have allowed us to be here - a priviledge, not a right. Their children do not understand what is going on as well as their parents or even you do. Do not tell them off - they're already stressed. Gentle and kind, remember? And it was better Altoth reminded the young woman, rather than Rhianth.

dawns_aura
Altoth heard what you did there!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items