Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[05.27.3575 WW] Bowl & Infirmary: CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
SilverLutz rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:20 pm
Flame's Fury
Vennodren of green Nzambith
First Wave Round 1 Hour 2 2/5
HP: 21/25
Status Effect: Painful 2/3
XP:
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 2 +1
General Stamina: 4 +2
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 5
Instinct: 2
Luck: 2

"Easy, Nzam," Venn said softly once he was given the all clear. The Thread had burnt him a bit but it wasn't anything that wouldn't heal up. Hopefully his luck would hold out. "We're not going anywhere until you're all set."

I can go, she insisted even as she groaned again, the burning sensation still tingling along her hide. But she wanted to fight, wanted to do her duty, wanted to make Venn proud...

"Soon, sweet one," Venn assured her. "We'll be back up there soon."  
SilverLutz rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:23 pm
Flame's Fury
First Wave Round 1 Hour 2 3/5
HP: 25
Status Effect: Painful 3/3
XP:

Venn watched as Nzambith struggled to her feet. Though the ichor had stopped flowing, pain still radiated through her body, making her shudder now and then. Venn wasn't going to fly her if she was in such pain still, even if he was itching to get back up there too.

"Just a little longer, Nzambith. Then we'll return."  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:25 pm
Flame's Fury
First Wave Round 1 Hour 2 4/5
HP: 25
Status Effect:
XP:

Finally the pain seemed to lift from the green. Nzambith shook herself off and unfurled her wings, ready to go again. Vennodren hopped onto her back and they were off like a shot, dragon and rider eager to return to help their wing.  
SilverLutz rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:26 pm
Rolling for Nzam and Venn  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:51 pm
Mr Cheri

Things happened quickly. Loreleth was keening in distress, Tristram was pushing him in and out of the dunking tub, his blue flit, Harp, was zipping around his head and Tristram's, shrieking in panic, his back felt like it was on fire, and he was half-choked and spluttering on water. Honestly...Today was not his best day. By the time Tristram had him up, he snorted out water, and took a few more ragged gasps. Part of him wondered if he'd be back at the healers in a sevenday with a chest infection from all the water he'd inadvertently breathed in, but better that than being eaten alive by Thread.

Gasping in a few breaths, spitting out some water, he was grateful to be alive... The pain was intense, and he wondered what exactly his back looked like. "... is it out?" He asked, not bothering to look up. Things still didn't feel entirely right, but he was too busy trying to calm both Loreleth and Harp to think about anything.

Are you okay, Mine!? Please don't die, please don't die. You're coughing so much, you're hurting so bad. Are you dying!? The blue dragon had moved as close to His as he could, wings half-spread, eyes whirling a frantic white-grey. Though ichor stained his own shoulder and side, the blue was in relatively better shape.

Hush, now, I'm fine. It's okay, Loreleth. I'm okay. Are you okay? I know your shoulder's achin'... He sent as much love and assurance as he could through their link; tried to ignore the pain, and focus only on his blue... and Harp. ... Lore, would ya mind getting Harp to settle? The little creature was sure to drive Tristram crazy, and anyone else in the near vicinity.

The dark blue's eyes whirled the softest hint of blue as he realized that maybe, just maybe, His would be okay! Yes, of course! Anything! Just don't... just don't leave me. Immediately, the little blue dragon gave a small creel, before throwing himself as J'lar's arm, clinging as tightly as he could to the other. "Good boy," he grunted encouragement at the little flit.

"...so how bad is it?" He finally asked, giving his shoulder a shrug and immediately regretting it.

Now that he wasn't half-drowned, he could hear the cries of dragons and shouts from riders. How many were down and hurting? ... too many, he was sure. He heaved a sigh and kept his gaze down, deciding to focus on Loreleth. If he thought too much about the pain and chaos and fear surrounding him, his blue would get doubly worked up. No, he'd know soon enough what the damage was; they all would.

Uta rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:48 pm
Queen's Wing
Elysia of gold Sheyoth
HP: 45 - 5 = 40 - 15 = 25 - 8 = 17 HP
Status Effect: Painful x 3 rolls // 0 XP // Double Damage
1. Nada
2. -5 HP!
3. +1 Pain Resiliance
4. -15 HP!
5. -4 x 2 (Painful) = -8 HP
10. +5 HP // Return Denied

XP:
Target Accuracy: 5
Flame Length: 4
General Stamina: 7
General Agility: 4
Between Accuracy: 5
Pain Resilience: 4 +1
Instinct: 4
Luck: 4

She hated to do it but they were both hurting.

The pale queen landed in the bowl, her eyes bright yellow-white as she surveyed all the dragons and riders there. So many wounded... She spoke privately to her rider, sadly. Still, she crooned at those nearby, words soft, but full of pride and encouragement. You've all fought so bravely. Stay strong, and stay with us.
You're all in very capable hands.
For the Weyr's healers were the best on Pern, and there to ensure each and everyone could fight another day. The enemy would not, could not, win.

Elysia, for her part, slid down Sheyoth's shoulder even as a few healers approached. "Flamethrower jammed," she sighed, lifting her shredded arm. "Shey's got some scoring on her own shoulder and neck. It didn't look bad, but... You're the experts." She frowned, glancing back up at her pale gold. "Just make sure she's good. Soon as this is patched we'll return." It was early yet--she just needed to be sure they were in good enough shape to last.

10. 1. The healer looks at your wound and gives a shake of their head. The prognosis doesn't look good, but they're determined to patch you up as best they can! Return Request Denied! Regain +5 HP but re-roll from the Healers Grid! You still haven't been given clearance to return!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:51 pm

"You're going to be out of the fight for awhile," Tristram said, surveying the damage. And it was extensive. The goldrider had been badly hurt, true, but this man seemed to be trying to compete with her. An entire little drama played out while the healer began working on J'lar, and the man only had half an ear for it.

When it came to situations like this one, his focus was absolute. "Yes, good. Thank you. Now kindly bring me my tools," he absently commanded Omurntus. "They'll be to your left. Lay them out on the table beside me. Don't touch anything, just let it roll open." For indeed, he had just sanitized them, and did not want them to be besmirched.

Glancing over the man, Tristram frowned slightly. "This is going to hurt. I want you to drink this felis for me so that you don't twitch when I open you up." He pressed a cup of felis to J'lar's lips.

---

Talmaith was a little drowsy now. A little weak, perhaps. But he knew that he could handle anything if it meant that Baihath survived. It made him think... think about things he'd never thought of before. Such as how they'd already lost one brother. It so easily could have been two. It could have been Bai. The one who would suffer the most after Alya, should Baihath perish, was certainly Khamaith. A twinge of guilt turned the blue a little more grey, and he curled up into himself so that he could rest some. What had he done to ensure that his sister knew he... didn't hate her? Perhaps... cared for her, in the way that he knew how? Nothing, of course. For Talmaith had always been a prickly beast.

They won't take it all. You're smaller... so you just need some of my ichor, Talmaith said softly, trying to reassure Baihath.

Uta
magnadearel
Tsunake

Uta rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:52 pm
Queen's Wing
Elysia of gold Sheyoth
HP: 45 - 5 = 40 - 15 = 25 - 8 = 17 HP + 5 + 5 = 27 HP
1. Nada
2. -5 HP!
3. +1 Pain Resiliance
4. -15 HP!
11. +5 HP // Return Denied
12. + 5 HP // Return Denied

XP:

Her jacket was removed, her tunic's arm pushed up, and the healer began to clean and tend the wound. She sucked in a breath as he first applied the redwort, hoping to disinfect the burn before applying the numbweed. "Not particularly gentle, are you?" She stated.

The healer gave a grunt, unperterbed. "I'm not here to coddle," the woman stated. "Just doing my job. You want soft and tender, you can find that for half-mark at the Courtesan Hall."

Elysia arched a brow in surprise, but gave a small laugh, even as she gave another hiss of pain. Sheyoth rumbled worriedly. It's fine, love. Numbweed's setting in now. She assured as the bliss of the salve took hold. She couldn't feel her arm and part of her hand, some her fingers, and everything from the elbow up. "I suppose you're right," she finally agreed. What was a little pain when so many were, and would, suffer worse?

10. 1. The healer looks at your wound and gives a shake of their head. The prognosis doesn't look good, but they're determined to patch you up as best they can! Return Request Denied! Regain +5 HP but re-roll from the Healers Grid! You still haven't been given clearance to return!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:06 pm
Candidate Omurntas

Glad to be useful in this situation, Omurn set the pots of redwort and numbweed nearby the healer. He turned to his left to find the required kit. At least the healer's instructions were simple and easy to follow. Omurn cleared a space out on the table then let the kit roll open, being careful not to touch anything as ordered. He stepped back slightly to be out of the way, but close enough to fetch anything required.

Mr Cheri

Uta rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:11 pm
Queen's Wing
Elysia of gold Sheyoth
HP: 45 - 5 = 40 - 15 = 25 - 8 = 17 HP + 5 + 5 = 27 + 28 = 45 HP
1. Nada
2. -5 HP!
3. +1 Pain Resiliance
4. -15 HP!
13. + 28 HP / Status Effect Removed // Return Cleared!

XP:

It took a bit longer than she would have liked, but eventually Elysia found her arm bandaged and wrapped. Sheyoth's wounds were doused with redwort and numbweed, and both gold and goldrider were given clearance to return. The young woman flexed her fingers, before thanking the healer.

"I don't want to see you back until the fight's over," the healer barked.

11. The healer looks at your wound and starts trying to patch you up. They're not being particularly gentle on you, but you can tell they're quite invested in making sure your wound (or your dragons) heals right! Unfortunately, that's going to take some time. Return Request Denied! Regain +5 HP but re-roll from the Healers Grid! You still haven't been given clearance to return!

12. The healers patch you and/or your dragon back with relative ease. They lather you in redwort, and actually make quick work of the wounds on hand. You May Return to Your Wing! If White return with +8 HP! If Green return with +12 HP total! If Blue return with +15 HP total! If Brown return with +18 HP total! If bronze return with +24 HP total! If Gold return with +28 HP total! Status Effect Removed!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:37 pm
J'lar gave a grunt, even as Tristram spoke.

Loreleth watched both Tristram and Ormuntas, giving a worried creel even as inched ever closer. The tools that Ormuntas had rolled out didn't look particularly helpful; in fact, they looked like they meant to do his rider more harm than good, and he wasn't... entirely sure what to do.

It's all right, all right... J'lar thought, trying once again to assure his blue. Think we're done fightin' though. Keep Harp calm 'n let the healers do their work. He stated firmly, though not unkindly. He knew his beloved was just trying to make sure he was all right and would be okay... but J'lar didn't think having a blue dragon's head in the way would serve any of them well.

"Just a bit," he spoke. "I don't want Loreleth panicking." Still, he took the draught, wincing as the motion aggravated his injury. "Nothin' worse than a sword wound," he lied, heaving a sigh as the fellis began to kick in. Wouldn't be too long before he relaxed. "Some wine'd be nice..." He mused.

magnadearel

Mr Cheri
Feel free to pose J'lar as needed. He's out the rest of Threadfall cause of the crater in his shoulder/back. Whee!

Uta rolled 1 100-sided dice: 80 Total: 80 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:38 pm
((I am dumb... rolled in the wrong place.. don't mind me.))

Queen's Wing
Elysia of gold Sheyoth
HP: 45 - 5 = 40 - 15 = 25 - 8 = 17 HP + 5 + 5 = 27 + 28 = 45 HP
Status Effect:
1. Nada
2. -5 HP!
3. +1 Pain Resiliance
4. -15 HP!
13. + 28 HP / Status Effect Removed // Return Cleared!

XP:

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Hattaki rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:33 pm
Flame's Fury
D'ein of Bronze Haezeth
HP: 21
Status Effect: Painful
XP:
Target Accuracy: 4
Flame Length: 5
General Stamina: 4
Between Accuracy: 4
Pain Resilience: 10

Round 1:
Day 1:
Roll 1: +2 Pain Resilience
Roll 2: -3 HP
Roll 3: -6 HP
Roll 4: +2 Pain Resilience
Roll 5: Flame Length +1

Day 2:
Roll 1: -6 HP
Roll 2: +2 Pain Resilience
Roll 3: -8 HP + Painful
Roll 4: -6 HP + -6 HP
Roll 5: +5 HP - Return Denied

Round 2:
Day 1:
Roll 1: +5 HP - Return Denied
Roll 2:
Roll 3:
Roll 4:
Roll 5:

Haezeth's head was down so that the healers could salve it after they'd actually full on dunked it, the amount of pain he'd been in wasn't exactly a shock to D'ein that his big bronze had thread in places. While he was shocked they didn't dunk his whole body, he could at least breathe that the damage wasn't as bad. His own was tended to with quick hands and he gave the woman that spoke a gentle smile. "Don't worry, I wouldn't ever risk our lives that way. It seems selfish, but I care more about that dragon than I do about anything else, his safety means he can keep fighting. That means we can help more wingmates."

A rumble caught his attention about the same time the woman left and he waved faintly as she left before turning his whole attention back to his dragon. Haezeth wasn't super thrilled to be kept from going back just yet.

ShinosBee
But she helped a lot. <3

Hattaki rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:40 pm
Flame's Fury
D'ein of Bronze Haezeth
HP: 26
XP:

Round 1:
Day 1:

Day 2:

Round 2:
Day 1:
Roll 2: +5 HP - Return Denied
Roll 3:
Roll 4:
Roll 5:

Shards, it was worse than he'd actually believed then, for them to be taking so much time with the bronze dragon. D'ein felt regret fill him but couldn't do much other than to walk over and lean on the beast's side gently. Next time he'd make sure neither of them was so stubborn they would wait so long. It had definitely been a more dangerous fall than what they'd been thinking. Close... can't get that close again.  

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Hattaki rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:43 pm
Flame's Fury
D'ein of Bronze Haezeth
HP: 31
XP:

Round 1:
Day 1:

Day 2:

Round 2:
Day 1:
Roll 2: +5 HP - Return Denied
Roll 3: +5 HP - Return Denied
Roll 4:
Roll 5:

They are being far more careful than necessary. I'm not so weak. But there was pain in Haezeth's voice as he responded to his rider, a deep gray color at the edges of his eyes that one might almost miss if not staring directly at them. You risked too much. Never.  
Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff