Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hey, Mom....What's for supper?? [The Recipe Thread] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey Mom!
  What'd joo cook me?
  Don't bother to get up...I'll make my own!
  Eat? Why eat?
View Results

[~My Wish~]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:02 pm
How to make cereal...

Grab a bowl, milk and cereal of your choice. Pour the cereal in the bowl. then pour the milk. If you want you may add strawberries, bananas, or rasins. Eat with spoon....

sweatdrop in other words.... i fail Home ec...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:11 pm
sounds yummy  

loneraptor

littlewonder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:34 pm
You guys know about/how to make Missouri Cookies? Old family favourite of mine.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:58 pm
wow kool u wanna make it for me  

Trigun_Vash1

pickelish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:28 pm
this thread is making me hungry gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:51 pm
Since I joined this guild a long time ago and haven't made any posts (that I recall) because I’ve been busy, let me make up for it with one of my homestyle ramen recipes. I'm a ramen junkie and I’ve invented all kinds.

My original Thai-lime ramen recipe (my best work I think) ish real time consuming so here’s one for a quick fix.

This is directed towards witchcraft by the way and any others who asked for ramen.

Note - serves one hungry peep.

Ingredients
-water
-pan or skillet
-deep bowl
-pot
-1 ramen packet, pork or pork bone flavored
-crushed chill peppers , add to your taste. (spiceh)
or
- 1 - 3 Green Chili peppers , finely chopped and raw (spiceh SpIcEh!)
or both (SPICEH!)
-1 packet of beef jerky (roast pork, traditionally the meat in ramen is very time consuming.) or a shrimp ring, but you have to de-tail them.
-4-8 pieces or Okra (ask at your local supermarket).
-1 onion
- Sliced Kamaboko Fish Loaf (naruto) (ask at your local Japanese supermarket)
Sliced Kamaboko (Naruto) isn't necessary; it’s just a traditional sliced fish loaf in ramen. Yes it has some connection to naruto uzumaki, the ninja, cause he eats it all the time in ramen.
-1 average egg.

instructions
-First open the packet of noodles (should be in a square shaped conglomerate) in a deep bowl or basin (ceramic, NOT metal.) and evenly sprinkle the pork flavouring onto it.
-Wash the okra.
-In a pot of water, put in the egg to boil, on high heat.
-To get instant ramen noodles well absorbed into the broth, the secret is to use your kettle, boiling 800 ML or water. --When the kettle is done, pour --500 ML-- of the water into the deep bowl with the noodles in it, and close it up with a plate so that heat doesn’t escape. This will heat the noodles perfectly and develop a good broth.--
-While the water in your kettle is boiling, put some oil an the skillet or pan (olive)
On medium heat.
-If you have Kamaboko get some slices out.
-when the oil is hot put the okra on, mixing with some onion and some of the chili peppers. Sautee for approx 3 - 7 mins or until the insides are soft but its firm altogether.
-Take the full boiled egg off and crack it, and slice it in half, horizontally.
-Now wait till the noodles are ready (firm to your likings) and first put as much spice (Crushed chili, green chili, or both) as you want in it. On the bed of noodles arrange the okra, the beef jerky pieces or shrimp, the naruto if you have it, and the two halves of the egg.

There you have it. A delicious ramen meal.
ENJOY!
User Image
what it looks like with pork, no jerky, and no naruto.

- I have no name for this recipe of mine, have any ideas guys?  

Lord Yugo Fox

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:27 pm
I had this really good Thai curry from a local resturaunt and decided to look up the recipe.

NOTE: This was on the menu as mild, and it was still pretty damned hot. So it goes in Thailand.

Gaeng Masaman Gai

Ingredients

about 1 pound chicken (you can also use pork or beef), cut into the usual "bite sized pieces"
3 cups of coconut milk.
2 tablespoons roasted peanuts (unsalted)
5 peeled, but whole, small onions.
5 small potatoes, peeled and partly boiled.
3 bay leaves,
5 cardamom seeds
a small piece of roasted cinnamon stick
2 tablespoons palm sugar
1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate mixed with 2.5 tablespoons water
3 tablespoon lime juice
2-3 tablespoons Masaman curry paste.
about 1-3 teaspoons crushed garlic. (optional)

Method

Peel potatoes, boil them partly in a cooking pot for 10-15 minutes, and cut in 1 to 2-inch pieces.

Allow the coconut milk to separate and you will have about two cups of thick "cream" and one cup of
thin "milk". In a small saucepan bring the milk to a simmer and add the chicken or pork. If you are
using beef you will need another two cups of milk. Simmer the meat until it begins to become tender
(beef takes longer, hence the additional milk).

Put the coconut cream in a wok and bring to a boil, add the massaman paste and "stir fry" until the
flavor is brought out and maximized. Add the remaining cream and curry paste to the meat.

Add the peanuts. Taste and adjust the flavor until it is (just) sweet (by adding sugar), sour and salty
(by adding tamarind juice, lime juice and fish sauce).

Add the remaining ingredients and cook until cooked.

Note : the potatoes used in Thailand for this dish are a yellow fleshed sweet potato of the type sometimes
called a yam in the US. Western style potatoes can be used, but absorb less of the sauce and flavor.
The potatoes act as a "moderator" to reduce the heat of the curry, and should not be left out.

You can either serve it on a bed of Thai jasmine rice, or double the amount of potato and serve it alone.

Accompany it with a dressed green salad and a bowl of "ajad" (pickled cucumbers--see recipe below). The
traditional Thai table also offers chilis in fish sauce (Phrik nam pla--see below) chilis in vinegar (prik dong,
see below), and ground chilli (not to be confused with the powedered chilli mix sold as chilli powder in the US),
sugar, and often MSG. You can if you wish add about a teaspoon of MSG to the above recipe to bring out the
flavors, but we don't think it is necesary.

Ajad

4 tablespoons white rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
2-3 tablespoons cucumber, very coarsely chopped, or sliced
2 shallots (purple onions) chopped
3-4 Thai chile peppers, thinly sliced

Combine the ingredients, and leave to stand overnight.

Nam pla prik

Put two thirds of a cup of Thai chile peppers or jalapeno peppers in a 1 pint jar, and fill with fish sauce.
Seal and keep for a week before using.

Prik dong

Put two thirds of a cup of sliced Thai chile peppers in a 1 pint jar, and fill with white rice vinegar.
We also offer a ready-made prik dong.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:31 pm
Chee.... Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), is a Factory-only used preservate that can easily lead to cancer, and it mainly preserves lactose containing food, such as this curry I guess...

Is it true to bring out the flavour of the food, because that would mean it has more upsides (In america anyway) than downsides, and it should be more widley used. confused  

Lord Yugo Fox

Youkoxkuronue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:34 pm
blaugh bump  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:38 pm
Youkoxkuronue
blaugh bump

Please don´t bump here.
Go to "The Forum of SPAMALOT! (Spam here & ONLY here)" if you want to bump.  

Thanatos Phoenix

Darthspanky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:12 am
now you all know my resent recipies are weird and sometimes even dangerus.. so you know if i ever post in here you in for a big surprise! so.. here is another shocking recipie...

SQUIRREL STEW!!!!!

Prep Time:
1 hour 45 minutes
Darth's warning of DOOM!: um.. ya.. make shure these are squirrels found in the bush.. not in the city or close to a consintrated area with people in it.. try the forest when hunting for your "choice cuts"becuse sity squirrels just arnt healthey to eat...

Ingredients Utensils
2 squirrels cleaned and cut into pieces Dutch oven
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 large onions, chopped
4 cups water
4 beef bouillon cubes
1 large potato cubed
2 large carrots, diced
2 ribs celery, diced
2 cups frozen lima beans
2 14 1/2 ounce cans diced tomatoes
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
3 tablespoons flour

Directions
Dredge squirrel in flour, salt and pepper
Heat olive oil and garlic in large Dutch oven and brown squirrel
Add onions and cook until soft
Add water, bouillon cubes, potato, carrots and celery
Cover and simmer for 1 hour
Add lima beans, tomatoes, corn, Worcestershire and sugar
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes
Mix 3 tablespoons flour with 1/2 cup cold water, stirring until smooth
Add to stew and simmer until slightly thickened
Season to taste with salt and pepper  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:36 am
heart Hmmm tonight we're having takeout, probably Wendy's! Yay! We never have Wendy's or takeout! Yummy! As long as I get fed, or have something to fend myself with, I'm alright. heart  

ValaVerena

PixieGrey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:57 am
Greek Feta Muffins

My own recipie: sounds yummy and so it it

Easy to make! You need:

2 Eggs
1 pk Feta
1 pk puff paste

Backing-tin vor Muffins

Yeah!

Mix up the eggs with the shreddered feta.
Take lil sqares out of the rolled duff and put it in the baking-tin.
Egg-feta-mixture above and close it with another duff square.
(hard to discribe in english- phew)

Now pre-heat you oven!
And bake it about 10 - 15 minutes at 170°C

They're best to eat when they are hot but they can least up to 2 weeks!!

Guten Appetit!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:54 am
Lord Yugo Fox
Since I joined this guild a long time ago and haven't made any posts (that I recall) because I’ve been busy, let me make up for it with one of my homestyle ramen recipes. I'm a ramen junkie and I’ve invented all kinds.

My original Thai-lime ramen recipe (my best work I think) ish real time consuming so here’s one for a quick fix.

This is directed towards witchcraft by the way and any others who asked for ramen.

Note - serves one hungry peep.

Ingredients
-water
-pan or skillet
-deep bowl
-pot
-1 ramen packet, pork or pork bone flavored
-crushed chill peppers , add to your taste. (spiceh)
or
- 1 - 3 Green Chili peppers , finely chopped and raw (spiceh SpIcEh!)
or both (SPICEH!)
-1 packet of beef jerky (roast pork, traditionally the meat in ramen is very time consuming.) or a shrimp ring, but you have to de-tail them.
-4-8 pieces or Okra (ask at your local supermarket).
-1 onion
- Sliced Kamaboko Fish Loaf (naruto) (ask at your local Japanese supermarket)
Sliced Kamaboko (Naruto) isn't necessary; it’s just a traditional sliced fish loaf in ramen. Yes it has some connection to naruto uzumaki, the ninja, cause he eats it all the time in ramen.
-1 average egg.

instructions
-First open the packet of noodles (should be in a square shaped conglomerate) in a deep bowl or basin (ceramic, NOT metal.) and evenly sprinkle the pork flavouring onto it.
-Wash the okra.
-In a pot of water, put in the egg to boil, on high heat.
-To get instant ramen noodles well absorbed into the broth, the secret is to use your kettle, boiling 800 ML or water. --When the kettle is done, pour --500 ML-- of the water into the deep bowl with the noodles in it, and close it up with a plate so that heat doesn’t escape. This will heat the noodles perfectly and develop a good broth.--
-While the water in your kettle is boiling, put some oil an the skillet or pan (olive)
On medium heat.
-If you have Kamaboko get some slices out.
-when the oil is hot put the okra on, mixing with some onion and some of the chili peppers. Sautee for approx 3 - 7 mins or until the insides are soft but its firm altogether.
-Take the full boiled egg off and crack it, and slice it in half, horizontally.
-Now wait till the noodles are ready (firm to your likings) and first put as much spice (Crushed chili, green chili, or both) as you want in it. On the bed of noodles arrange the okra, the beef jerky pieces or shrimp, the naruto if you have it, and the two halves of the egg.

There you have it. A delicious ramen meal.
ENJOY!
User Image
what it looks like with pork, no jerky, and no naruto.

- I have no name for this recipe of mine, have any ideas guys?

Wow that looked delicious! call it Ramenicious! biggrin  

menewme

PixieGrey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:19 am
Ramenicious...

sounds great.
yummy surprised  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash