Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
Rynith's Teepee (Malis Vitterfolk) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:25 pm
From the Ground Up. - Marahute and Dayunsi

Bloody_Buffy
User Image
Golden Sun.. Golden Day really. Not much had happened, and she'd been allowed to be free from mother today.
Did she have to be with Esperanza? No.. But Marahute found that mother was too big-a- worry wart to leave her for too long.

It was so early in the morning. And Mara loved it. She was odd that way. She would watch a sunrise, and be set for the day. She loved the golds and pinks, that mixed with the blue.

She was laying down under a large randomly placed tree. Her mane was blowing with the warm summer winds, and she closed her eyes, letting the morning sun and warm winds bask along her face and neck.

She even almost shivered. It was so relaxing. One day she'd bring momma along. And maybe even her adopted daughter Naina.. 'Course, Naina was more of a night-mare anyway.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The warming sun felt good on the flutter's back and he made his slow way out of the shelter of the trees. His light buzzing as the small soquili flew was audible over the bees that sang on their busy to-and-fro from flower to hive. Darting from shadow to shade Daysuni finally broke into the sunlight like a fish jumping out of the water. He was usually more secretive but had decided to venture out a little further and explore the world outsid the glade he had decided to call home. It wasn't until he spotted the sandy coloured mare that he changed his random course and made a bee-line towards her, a bright smile on his face.

Bloody_Buffy
Marahute gave a might yawn, not seeing that the fluttercorn was approaching. She sighed, morning was always so pretty..

She looked about her, watching the rolling of the grass around her, and in her not-immediate vicininty.
It gave her something to do.

She didnt know many Soquili's at all, and had really only met maybe four or five total. She was sure she should get to know more, as she was already older, and not getting any younger each day, [thought that would be splendidly lovely.]

She grunted, not really sure if she wanted to stand, or continue with her sloth-like self. She generally was active, but today she jstu wanted to watch the clouds roll by.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. When he got closer the fluttercorn noticed that she looked quite comfortable laying on the ground and hesitated, not sure whether he wanted to bother her or not. On the one side he could make a freind but on the other... Dayunsi wasn't quite sure what could happen but he didn't really want to think about it. Sighing he set himself down into the long grass to consider the ramifications. Not all soquili wished for company and this one seemed quite satisfied with enjoying the sunrise by herself. He moved a little side to side as he weighed out the positives and negatives, his wings catching the morning sun and glimmering brightly. There was to many factors, she didn't seem the type to attack when annoyed but then again he had been wrong about the troll... even if she turned out to be quite the conversationalist when in a good mood.

Bloody_Buffy
She finally decided to stand, giving her curled chocolate tail a swish. She smiled, prancing a bit, as she danced in place.

She lowered her head, to nibble at teh greenery in her vicinity.
As she munched, she continued to walk, keeping her nose to teh ground for a mouthful.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. He watched her stand up and start grazing in the long grass. Standing still for a moment he shrunk down to the size of a small bird and waited as she came closer. He was still unsure whether he wanted to bother her and then took a step back as he realized that she was heading right for him. Looking from side to side he tried to find an escape route but non seemed avaliable without alerting the sandy coloured mare that he had been watching her. When she reached within eye sight of him, the fluttercorn wiggled his wings and made a small greeting. "Hello... How are you this morning." There, hopefully he didn't surprise her.

Bloody_Buffy
Marahute hiked her head up, staring at the creature from whom the small voice had come. She hadnt seen one of these before.. They were soo..

"You're so very small.. Oh, forgive me. Im fine this morning.. but may I ask whom you are?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "My name is Dayunsi, what might yours be?" He made a small bow before moving a little further away and growing slightly so that he could converse better. When he was about the size of a foal he trotted closer once more and made another bow. "I was just enjoying the sunshine when I happened to see you. I wanted to say hello but I didn't want to be a bother, I am not a nucence am I?" He tilted his head to the side as his long messy locks fell into his face. Shaking his head slightly he tossed them back into place.

Bloody_Buffy
She smiled. She rarely found anyone a nuisance. She was her mothers girl in that aspect.

"Of course not. Its nice to meet you Dayunsi. Might I say, you are a marvelous looking creature."

She said, still marveling at the lovely sight that was teh little stallion. She had never seen a flutter before.. She still wasnt sure he was.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Well that is very good, I hope that you are having a good day so far." As he talked Dayunsi's wings never really stopped moving, accentuating his words with consistent flutters which made the sun sparkle off them. The flowers in his hair gave off a light perfume which attracted smaller critters like butterflies. Luckily there were no bees around or it might have gotten noisy. "It is a pleasure to meet you..." It was in that moment he realized that the golden mare before him had not given her name.

Bloody_Buffy
"Oh!" Her eyes widened as her ears perked and she gave a warm blush that brought a bit of a blush to her golden cheeks.

"Marahute. You can call me Marahute, or Mara."

Named after her fathers glorious golden eagle, Marahute had acheived the task of carrying out the lovely birds name. Marahute the bird had loved the fact that the filly was her namesake.

"And what may I call you?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi chuckled, he supposed that she might not have caught it the first time but didn't want to be rude to point it out. "My name is Dayunsi, traveling storyteller and collector of interest." Well in a respect he did collect the interesting but it was more information than actual tangible items. He was pretty knowledgeable of the world around him but at the same time always knew that he could learn more. "There is a lot that can be learned in names? Does yours have a meaning?"

Bloody_Buffy
"Meaning, I dont think so.. But It does have a story. Im named after my fathers Golden Hawk. Shes a sprighty little thing, and my father quite possibly wouldnt survive without her."

She smiled at the thought. Father would die of boredom without the intelligent creature flitting above his head and spending time with him.

"So what does your mean?"

She assumed it had some kind of meaning, as he had assumed her had as well.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "That is a wonderful thing, to be named after something your father treasures. It shows he treasures you just as great." Dayunsi smiled softly as Marahute and shook his long curls that had fallen into his face. His wings flutter in the sun as it warmed their backs, he felt a sluggish quiet settle over him as he felt his small body heat up. "I am named after the water beetle, Dayunsi, who gathered mud from the bottom of the ocean to create the land. I believe the fable comes from the Kawani people though I have heard other versions before."

Bloody_Buffy
"Well thats an absolutely beautiful thing to be named after. It means the one who made you, saw you to be as precious as the very ground of which they walked."

She smiled, flicking her curly tail against her haunches.
It was hot out today, but Marahute enjoyed the heat. It was one of her many things to enjoy. She marveled at the stallion, for he, was by far, the most beautiful thing she had seen.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:45 am
From the Ground Up. - Marahute and Dayunsi (part 2)

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi fell silent for a moment or two, the warm sun making him drowsy. The drone of the bees near by added to the soft lull that seemed to wash over him. The flutter felt his eyes close slightly before blinking them awake. "Oh I appoligize, I am used to the shady groves and woods nearby, the sun is very..." He searched for the right work, "Very... warm and comfortable." He chuckled softly before shifting down to a smaller size again. Now he could stand in the shade of one of the nearby bushes and yet still converse with Marahute. "There we go, a little bit of shade shall help. You are very interesting to talk to, I'd hate to fall asleep mid-sentance. Have you ever done anything like that before?"

Bloody_Buffy
She smiled, and watched him shrink down a bit. Nodding, she grinned./
Of course she had done that before. The sun tended to play those cruel tricks on others.

GHe thought she was interesting? Well that was awesome and all, but he must not have seen how dearly interesting he was. She had never met one like him.

"The sun does that to everyone every now and then."
She nodded.

"Sometimes, it helps if theres a stream nearby though."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The flutter looked around before cocking his head to the side. "I remember seeing a small stream near by. Do you think it will be cooler over there?" He suddenly looked up as he remembered about a certain spot he had passed on his way over. "There was a willow tree near the river, I am sure of it. That would be a wonderful place to cool down a little." Willow trees also had a special meaning to him as he used to live under one. He remembered how much like a large green teepee it looked with walls of green hilighted by the sun that shone through the gaps.

Bloody_Buffy
"Well, if you wouldnt mind the company, Id love if you could show me this stream. It seems absolutely darling. I must say, of all the trees, willow trees are by far the most perfect."

She nodded, remembering her own fondness of willows. In fact, she had decided long ago that her first child would be named Willow, be he male or female. She would name her child after the trees, much like she was named after a glorious hawk.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "So be it..." Dayunsi stayed in his smaller size and took to the air, moving slightly too and fro as he made his way towards the river and the saftey of the willows along it's banks. He almost seemed a little fearful of the open space and stuck close to Marahute though he did not mention anything. They reached the edge of the rushing water and it was noticable cooler than in the center of the meadow. Dayunsi spotted the reaching green shade of the willows from high up in the air and made a bee-line towards them, letting the sandy mare see which direction he was going.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:31 pm
Theatrical Tricks, No Doubt? - Naina and Cadence

Bloody_Buffy
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dusk had fallen, followed by a grand night.. Or what seemed to be the beginning of a grand night. She was enjoying herself now, letting herself wander, cutting loose teh ties that bound her to one spot.

She grinned, letting her unicorn hooves pound into the ground.

She had met so many new friends lately, and her need for social engagements seemed to be diminishing. But she hadnt found what she was looking for yet.

She wasnt looking for love, really. More of a.. little bit of lovin'. Did that mean she didnt want love? Not at all. She'd love to be loved. But she wasnt going to waste her time if it wasnt going to happen. But she figured,time would tell.

She sat, singing her little song that she had come to fancy lately. She'd heard it from Anusha, the two-legger, and it stuck in her head like a bad day.

"I've had a knack, from way back, at breaking the rules, once I learned the game. Get up, lifes too quick, I know some place sick.. where this mare will dance in the flames.. We dont need any money.. I always get in for free.. You can get in too if you get in with me.. Lets go out tonight..
You wanna play? Lets run away, we wont be back before its new years dayyy
."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Cadance was out stretching his new legs. He was still getting familiar with his hight and yet the ganglyness of his gelding months was finally fading. Cadance was maturing into a rather handsome stallion, his visage taking on the characteristics of his father but his eyes shone with the merryment that his mother still carried in her heart. The burgandy striped soquili turned towards a voice he could hear singing in the distance. The singing reminded him of his mother and so he decided to trot over and investigate. While he wasn't the best as stringing lyrics together, Cadance loved to sing and would join his mother in many a duet. "Heya there!" the stallion called out when he got a little closer.

Bloody_Buffy
Her song caught in her throat, and her eyes widened along with her ears perking at this newcomer.

She looked him up and down, intrigued by the pinkness and the stripes.

He had the most LOVELY flowers in his mane, and he was rather handsome.

"Hello there. Im sorry if my singing disturbed you."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "No, not at all. My Mum sings all the time so I'm used to it." He rolled his eyes with a grin as if to mention how crazy mums could be. "Though I don't think she would ever sing anything like that. It had a really good beat to it... well... not to say that my Mum's don't have a good beat but... awww nuts." He managed to tie his tounge into a knot while trying to explain himself. He wondered if he could make things better by mentioning he could sing but though better of it, he was finally learning how to put one foot in front of the other without tripping over and that was taking most of his consentration right now.

Bloody_Buffy
She smiled, giving a bit of a nod.

"I dont have a mother.. So I cant say as to what my mother does.. but I learned the song from a two legger whom I was passing."

She flicked her tail, and cocked her head.

"What is your mother like?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "She's really cool... she can sing and dance and do all manner of creative stuff. She likes flowers and wears them in her hair all the time. She gave me these," he gestured towards the small dasies that were twined in his mane and tail. Cadance was about to mention some other qualitied he liked about Immi before he puased as his mind registered something. "Wait... you don't have a Mum? How can that be? Did you loose her?" He couldn't think of growing up without having someone there to look after him, even if he had been babysat a lot by Aunt Troll.

Bloody_Buffy
She looked at the stallion, her eyes glowing with the ida of his mother. She seemed so interesting and Naina would lvoe to meet more like that.. But she stopped at the questions of ehr mother, and looked back at the ground..

"My mother abandoned me.. She gave me to my father when I was still a basket, and told him to take me, while she took my other siblings.."

She was almost bitter, but she was fighting not to show just how bitter she was.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Cadance nodded before frowning after he ingested her words and then shook his head slowly. "I don't think she abandoned you. My mum couldn't take care of both of us and knew that her and my father would split ways because he has his own herd to live with. He took my sister to take care of her. I still see her sometimes but I think I have only met my father once because he lives pretty far away. Someday soon I will ask Juliet where he is but I know he didn't abandon me..." Cadance paused and gazed up into the sky as if trying to pluck the words he wanted to use from the clouds themselves. "If that was the case then maybe my Mum abandoned Juliet... but then she still loves very daughter very much so I can't really believe that."

Bloody_Buffy
She gave a nudge to the stallionl. A comforting little push of her muzzle against his shoulder.

"I know she didnt abandon Juliet. Because, I must say.. My mother left angrily and never spoke to my father again. In all honesty, Ive seen my mother once.. And she didnt want to see me again."

She shook her head, offering a smile.

"Oh, forgive me! Im so sorry for bringing this to you."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I'm sorry..." Cadance wasn't sure what to say before she apologized. "Nah... it's ok, I was the one who was asking." He tried think of something to change the subject with to hopefully lighten the mood. He wasn't quite sure that Naina's mother really did hate her, who could hate their own flesh and blood? But he didn't want to press it either and so let that line drop. "So what other kinds of songs do you know? I'd love to hear a few..."

Bloody_Buffy
She blushed a bit. Naina didnt have a voice for singing, as it carried her mothers ghostly echo. Actually, her mothers voice didnt have an echo, but she figured that if her mother was a ghost, it had to be some kind of gene from her.

"Um,. Well, I dont know many. Unfortunately, Im not the best when it comes to memory of such things. I only remembered this one because it was strangely intriguing."

In fact, it was. It was all about what she thought. Because honestly, She was always getting in trouble with herself, and she was always wanting to go out and do something.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Oh..." Cadance wasn't quite sure what to say. He got the feeling that he had made a misstep in this conversation and it was spiraling down into something he was sure he was going to get into trouble for later. Floundering he tried to think of something else to say and blurted the next thing that came to mind. "Sooo.. what kind of things do you do? Other than sing songs you don't really know?" He groaned inwardly that could be taken badly...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:22 pm
Theatrical Tricks, No Doubt? - Naina and Cadence (part 2)

Bloody_Buffy
She smiled, ahsking her head and grinning widely. She saw no insult in the truth.

"Well.. I like to.. Walk. Travel. I like to see things that some dont ever want to see. Its kinda my hobby."

She said, shaiking her curly mane, letting it fall down her withers.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Really?!" Now he felt more on familiar ground. "I love to explore new places. Meet new people, see new sights and find new and exciting things." While Immi likes to wonder on occasion, Cadance had been bitten by the wonderlust bug hard. He usually traveled with Rasui since the purple stallion had joined the herd but even when the dreamer wasn't in the mood to travel, Cadance would strike out on his own... or with the troll if she was amiable that day. "He grinned, I was actually about to see if the caverns near by really had paintings in them. Aunt Malis said they were put there by spirits but I think the two-leggers probably did it. They are alwasy messing with stuff and adding colours to things."

Bloody_Buffy
She hadnt been here long. This really wasnt where she hailed from, or rather, she hailed nowhere around here at all. She cocked her head, perking an ear and giving a confused look.

"Cave paintings?"

The only cave Naina had ever resided in, had been when she was a foal, and she didnt remember any paintings in there... But those were in the mountains.
Assuming humans did put them there, they wouildnt travel the mountains much..

But if the spirits did.. then why had her cave not been chosen?

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "That's what I had heard. I don't know if there are any there or not but I'd love to see them if they are. I think it'd be pretty cool to explore the cave and find out who created the paintings. Maybe there will be clues left behind..." He let his mind wander, seeming more like he used to be as a foal as his imagination almost ran away with him. "Would you like to come see them with me?" He figured if she didn't he would just go along later, he was enjoying chatting with someone.

Bloody_Buffy
She ha never seen cave paintings, and frankly, she wanted to see who had created them, because she was ready to be angry if the spirits had painted these caves and not her birth cave.

She snorted, nodding, and smiling.

"Im much intrigued by this actually. If you dont mind the company, then Id love to go explore with you."

She stomped her foot, a little just to shake lose the ant.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Cadance reguarded her hoof for a moment or two as if slightly puzzled beofre turning towards the mountains. "Well then, here we go on an adventure to find the cavern that has been painted by an unknown artist and to work out who might the artist be." He nodded partially to himself and then squinted at the sun. "I believe she said it was this way..." He began to treck up the eastern-most path of the rocky area. "Hopefully it doesn't take us all day to get there, I'd hate to have to sleep in a cave..." Cadance had been braught up in a clearing in the forest and didn't think it was possible to live in a cavern... or the open either.

Bloody_Buffy
She heard his remark of caves, and instantly, wished she could change his mind. Someone not like caves? Or the sleeping in caves? Absurd!

"Oh, but Cadence, caves are most excellent palces to venture and sleep. I myself was raised in a cave on the mountainside."

She couldnt see being raisedina clearing, nor a forest really. She had loved her cave so..

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Raised on a mountain side? The stallion felt sorry for her, no wonder her mother hadn't wanted to stay. "Really? Doesn't get all cold... and isn't the rocks a little hard?" Cadance shook his head as if he wasn't quite sure he had heard her say that. "I think caves are really spooky at night... and damp. I don't know if I could sleep there all night." He shivered, feeling the cold tendrils of darkness as if they were reaching out to him alread. "I like to see the stars above me, the wispering of the trees surrounding me and the feeling of nice soft grass under my feet."

Bloody_Buffy
She snorted and shook her head.
"Of course not! See, so many see the caves for the outside. Dark rock.. But cavesare warm inside, and kept me warm in my basket. And you can still see stars from the exit of the cave. Its like youlive in them."

She smiled, she saw how hard it was for him to believe her.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "But what about sleeping on soft grass and hearing all the pretty bird songs?" Cadance was mystified and there was little chance he would change his opinion but he was also courtious in not pushing his thoughs onto her. He mused a little about it but kept them to himself for while they trecked into the rockier areas. The must be getting close, he kept his eyes out for the outcropping that looked like it was about to fall. He mentioned the troll's description to Naina in case she spotted it first, two sets of eyes were always better than one. So far he hadn't spotted anything but there was more around the corner, he sped up slightly to see what was over there.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:17 am
The Skies collides with the Earth. - Dayunsi and Rowenya

Caitlyn Hellstorm
User Image

It was a perfect day for this young winged filly to practice her flying and thats what Rowenya was intending on doing. She managed to escape under the hawk-like eye of her mother and father and was running toward the meadow that have many hills which will be perfect for her to stand on top of them. Her wings flaps excitedly as she nears one of her favorite hills and she stood on top of that hill with her wings spread out from her body then she stood there like a statue, waiting for a wind to come.

After a hour of standing there like a statue, Rowenya's body began to hurt as she bounces in the place boredly. "Bored... I am so bored..." She mumbles to herself as she suddenly took off running toward another hill with her wings flapping wildly.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi had been spending some time in the meadows enjoying the summer sun. He had found himself getting drowsy when the sudden thumping of hooves and giggles woke him back up. He peered up through the grass where he had been laying down and spotted a foal who was just about his size running back and forth up the small hillocks. He wondered what she was doing until the fluttercorn realized that she was flapping her wings all the while. Dayunsi's wings fluttered slightly in response as he chuckled lightly wondering if she had even noticed his being there.

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya was running toward one hill with her wings flapping wildly and she hovered for little bit. A squeak of delight escaped her lips as she felt her hooves leave the ground. "I did it!! I did it!!" She calls out to nobody in particular as she dances around in triumph before she suddenly stops when she sees a movement. "Who is there?" She peeks out at Dayunsi curiously with a smile on her face before she trots toward them without even worrying about her own safety. Her golden tipped black wings flutters excitedly against her body while she stops few feets away from the stallion. "Hi!"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Growing slighty as she came in closer, Dayunsi made a small bow. "Greetings young one, I am Dayunsi." He blinked slowly and his wings fluttered once more, their shimmering almost like the iridescence of a beetles wings as it flutters on a blade of grass. The fluttercorn smiled in an encouraging way nodding slightly at her dark wings. He had seen her moment of lift and wanted to congradulate but wasn't quite sure what to say. Deciding to change the subject instead he blinked again and tilted his head to the side. "So whom might I be adressing?"

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya's eyes went wide as she could fully see who she was conversing with and she was taken back by the beauty of the stallion.. and the size of him. She cocks her head to side as she looks at the green tresses of the stallion curiously. "Dayunsi... I like the name! I am Rowenya.. You can call me Rowe for short.. I think everybody does because only time people call me by my full name is when I am in trouble." She giggles as she flutters her wings excitedly. "Did you see that? I flew!"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Hmm... Rowenya... from the rowan tree which is one of the sacred trees of the spirits. Its main properties is that of protection and those trees are said to harbor the homes of the Fay. The old peoples believed that the rowan trees possessed the power to restore lost youth and it's branches are guarded by ferocious beasts." He paused in his litany and made a small bow. "Yes, a strong, powerful name, it suits you well." At the foals question he nodded once more, "Yes I saw you fly. Your wings are getting stronger and will continue to do so with practice. There are more things to learn with the skill of flight but these lessons are for you to learn by yourself in time."

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya's eyes went wide with shock and interest as the stallion spoke about her name and the references to it. "Wow... can you tell me more?!" She excitedly says as she bounces from one spot to other while her tail wags excitedly. The filly blushes at the compliment before she flutters her wings excitedly. "You have wings too, can you fly, Mr. Dayunsi?" She eagerly says as she peers at the fluttercorn with extreme interest.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi nodded and closed his eyes, changing down to the size of a small bird as he took to the air and danced about his head. "Mystical staves have traditionally been made out of rowan wood and its branches are often used in dowsing rods and magic wands. Rowan branches are carried on boats to help them avoid storms, kept in houses to guard against lightning, and and to protect other animals from harm by attaching sprigs close to their sleeping areas." Shrinking even smaller, about the size of a humming bird, he alighted on the top of her head, right between her ears. "There are many uses for Rowan branches and even more uses for their berries but some is more superstition than truth while other's are more truer than you think."

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya's eyes went wide with shock as Dayunsi shrunk to the size of small bird and she couldn't keep her eyes off the flying fluttercorn. She is just like an sponge, soaking up all of the information that is being thrown at her. "Oh wow!! looks like I am named after a very valuable wood or tree!" She excitedly says before she tries to look up at him when he perches between her ears which caused her to go cross-eyed. "Dayunsi.." She says his name while pondering about something. She stood perfectly still because she was afraid to cause the fluttercorn to fall off. "Umm.. what are you named after? what wood or tree were you named after?" She eagerly drills the fluttercorn because she is very interested in this stallion.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The flutter closed his eyes for a moment and then began to speek, his sing-song voice started to weave a tale. " When the Earth begun there was just water. All the animals lived above it and the sky was beginning to become crowded. They were all curious about what was beneath the water and one day Dayunsi, the water beetle, volunteered to explore it. He went everywhere across the surface but he couldn't find any solid ground. Diving below the surface to the bottom all he found was mud so Dayunsi braught it back up and the mud began to enlarge in size and spread outwards until it became the Earth as we know it. After all this had happened, one of the animals attached this new land to the sky with four strings to hold it in place." The small stallion paused in his story wondering if she wanted to know more.

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya's eyes is in danger of popping out of her head as she continues to watch (or at least try to) the fluttercorn with avid interest. The wind filly flutters her wings excitedly as she hears the story about how the earth and his namesake sprang out of the mud. "Wow!! so you were named after the water beetle? Wow..!" her eyes went even more wide and her eyes is in danger of falling out their socket. "Four strings?" She tries not to dance excitedly as she peers up at the fluttercorn. "Please tell me more! I want to know!" She cries out excitedly.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Continueing his tale the flutter moved from her nose and circled in the air, only to land and grow until he was the same size as her. "Well just after the Earth was formed, it was very flat and very soft so the animals decided to send a bird down to see if it had dried. After flying for a long time the bird eventually returned to the animals telling them it still wasn't dry enough to land on. As the land was still too wet, the animals sent the great Buzzard from Galun'lati to prepare it for them. The buzzard flew down and by the time that he reached the Soquili lands, he was so tired that his wings began to hit the ground. Wherever they hit the ground a mountain or valley formed. The Soquili lands still remain the same today with all the land forms that the Buzzard formed and that's how the world was created."

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya wiggles her nose as she feels the small weight move off her nose and she watches Dayunsi eagerly. The filly stayed silent as she listens to the story while her mind drifts off, imagining the beginning of the world forms with beetle coming out of the mud and water and the buzzard creating mountains and valleys. Her eyes glazed over as she allows her imagine herself helping the buzzard create the mountains and valleys while watching the earth create itsself. She suddenly flops to the ground hitting the ground with her wings to see if she could make a mountain or valley. "That is one cool story you just told!" She finally says as she flaps her wings wildly against the ground determinedly.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Well thank you, I try to keep my lexicon complete." Dayunsi made a small bow shaking his head to toss his curly hair back out of his face. The flowers entangled between his locks let loose a mild perfume that scented the air. The flutter smiled as he watched the filly bat the ground with her wings before speaking once more. "It is tradition when a storyteller tells a story that the listener tells one in kind. Would you like to tell a story? It can be about anything or completely made up." Dayunsi's wings caught the light as they fluttered quietly without him knowing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:33 pm
The Skies collides with the Earth. - Dayunsi and Rowenya (part 2)

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya blinks at the word "lexicon" and she cranes her neck forward to peer at him curiously. "What is 'Lexicon'?" She inquires confusedly before she stands up, dusting off her wings sending the dust particles flying into the air. She stops as she looks at Dayunsi curiously. "Story..." She ponders as she tries to remember the story Christabel will tell her about the fire. "Oh oh oh!! Heres the one about how the fire started!" She excitedly says as she looks very serious and began her story. "Long, long ago, animals and trees talked with each other, but there was no fire at that time.

Fox was most clever and he tried to think of a way to create fire for the world. One day, he decided to visit the Geese, te-tl, whose cry he wished to learn how to imitate. They promised to teach him if he would fly with them. So they contrived a way to attach wings to Fox, but cautioned him never to open his eyes while flying." She flutters her wings excitedly as she continues the story.

"Whenever the Geese arose in flight, Fox also flew along with them to practice their cry. On one such adventure, darkness descended suddenly as they flew over the village of the fireflies, ko-na- tcic-a. In midflight, the glare from the flickering fireflies caused Fox to forget and he opened his eyes--instantly his wings collapsed! His fall was uncontrollable. He landed within the walled area of the firefly village, where a fire constantly burned in the center.
Two kind fireflies came to see fallen Fox, who gave each one a necklace of juniper berries, katl-te-i-tse.
Fox hoped to persuade the two fireflies to tell him where he could find a way over the wall to the outside. They led him to a cedar tree, which they explained would bend down upon command and catapult him over the wall if he so desired."

Rowenya pauses as she looks at the stallion in front of her with uncertain look on her face. "Do you want me to contiune?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi was an active listener and he setteled down onto the ground to properly listen to Rowenya's story. He visually expressed interest in the gift of flight from the geese and worry for the fox as he fell but did not utter a word while she told the tale. When the foal paused in her telling he gave her a nod of agreement not wanting to break the weaving of the story she had told with her own words. It was familiar to another story he had heard but the differences were intriguing and he was interested to hear what else was different. That was his favorite thing about storytelling, there was just so many different variations and versions that were told and even when a new storyteller told an old fable they always put their own spin on it.

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya beams as she began to speak once again, weaving the story to life. That evening, Fox found the spring where fireflies obtained their water. There also, he discovered coloured earth, which when mixed with water made paint. He decided to give himself a coat of white. Upon returning to the village, Fox suggested to the fireflies, "Let's have a festival where we can dance and I will produce the music."
They all agreed that would be fun and helped to gather wood to build up a greater fire. Secretly, Fox tied a piece of cedar bark to his tail. Then he made a drum, probably the first one ever constructed, and beat it vigorously with a stick for the dancing fireflies. Gradually, he moved closer and closer to the fire.
Fox pretended to tire from beating the drum. He gave it to some fireflies who wanted to help make the music. Fox quickly thrust his tail into the fire, lighting the bark, and exclaimed, "It is too warm here for me, I must find a cooler place."
Straight to the cedar tree Fox ran, calling, "Bend down to me, my cedar tree, bend down!" "

Rowenya demonstrates the bending of the tree by bending her body downwards and she peeks at Dayunsi shyly before she began to finish the story. "Down bent the cedar tree for Fox to catch hold, then up it carried him far over the wall. On and on he ran, with the fireflies in pursuit.
As Fox ran along, brush and wood on either side of his path were ignited from the sparks dropping from the burning bark tied to his tail.
Fox finally tired and gave the burning bark to Hawk, i-tsarl-tsu- i, who carried it to brown Crane, tsi-nes-tso-l. He flew far southward, scattering fire sparks everywhere. This is how fire first spread over the earth.
Fireflies continued chasing Fox all the way to his burrow and declared, "Forever after, Wily Fox, your punishment for stealing our fire will be that you can never make use of it for yourself." " Rowenya finishes the story with a triumphant grin on her face. She feels really proud for remembering that story her mother have been telling her almost every night.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "You are a very talented storyteller." The flutter-corn nodded quietly when she finished. "The descriptions and the flow was very clear and I liked how you motioned some of the activities in the story." He enjoyed meeting new characters because he never knew when one might add something new to his inner book of myths and legends. This one had seemed close to one he knew from a long time ago yet it had it's own twists and he enjoyed it immensly. "Thank you for such a wonderful tale Rowenya."

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya blushes at the compliment as she flutters her wings out of the habit. "Thank you!! My mama and papa loves to tell me and my brother stories any time they could get us to stay and pay attention to them." She giggles as she beams at him happily before she peers at him curiously. "You are welcome...." She suddenly looks thoughtful as she slants her eyes toward his wings. "How did you get your wings?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi smiled softly, "Story telling is a great gift that your parents have given you. They are ways to tell us the why and how of the world and are an excellent medium to teach." At her question the fluttercorn though for a moment. He fluttered his wings a few times and flicked his tail at a small gnat who had been bothering him. "That in of itself doesn't really have a story to tell about it. I was born with wings, they are a part of me as the mane on your head. They are one of the things who makes me who I am and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Would you trade your wings for say... a horn or a mane of rainbow colours?"

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya blushes at the compliment that is coming from obviously a wise fluttercorn. She have heard that unicorns are pure and very smart and flutters are very special and magical but she wasn't prepared to meet a unicorn and flutter blended into one beautiful soquili that is standing in front of her right now.

Rowenya giggles as she could visualize herself with a horn like her brother or a mane of rainbow colours just like her 'aunt' Tic Tac Toe but she just stood there and pondered really hard and long about this. Finally, a 'no' escapes her lips and Rowenya looks really proud of herself. "Nope! I am already beautiful as I am! I won't trade my looks for anything in the world! And I am quite jealous of your wings and your appearance.. they are very beautiful on you!! I don't think it will look beautiful on me! I like the wings mama gave me!" She extends her small wings out excitedly as she flutters the tips of wings happily.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "That is good. It is always pleasing to the spirits when they hear things like that." Dayunsi nodded contemplatively before adding, "I know of a story of a daughter who did not like what the spirits had given her and so the creatures of the forest decided to give her a better image. They turned her hair muddy brown and blackened her hide so it was dull and matted. When she woke up that morning she no longer looked beautiful and her voice sounded like a bull frog. Her sister who had been born plain, however, had always been thankful so the animals had gathered together the stars above and sprinkled them all over her. When the thankful daughter awoke, she shone like the heavens above and her voice sounded like the spirits themselves. This story tells us to always be thankful." The flutter smiled down at the young foal.

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya makes soft 'squee' sound as she sees that she just got herself another new friend.. an fluttercorn at that! The little filly looks slightly disappointed as Dayunsi tells her that they can't tell stories all day along. "Oh.... but we can always take breaks during the day." She nods quickly as she grins eagerly before she beams happily at the fluttercorn. "Um.. what can I tell you..." She muses before her eyes went wide. "OH!! This is a story about bluebird and the coyote... its very interesting.. let me see if I could remember..!" She scrunches her face up as she racks through her brain for that particular story. She remembered Siryn Tigera sitting next to the basket when her papa allowed the human near them and she heard the story.

"A long time ago the Bluebird's feathers were a very dull ugly color. It lived near a lake with waters of the most delicate blue which never changed because no stream flowed in or out. Because the bird admired the blue water, it bathed in the lake four times every morning for four days, and every morning it sang like this..." She imitates the bird's singing.

"There's a blue water.
It lies there.
I went in.
I am all blue"

Rowenya looks pleased that she did pull off the bird's voice then she continues telling the story. "On the fourth morning it shed all its feathers and came out in its bare skin, but on the fifth morning it came out with blue feathers." Rowenya paused with a wide eyes and extends her wings out. "See? blue feathers! But anyway!" She laughs as she resumes. "All the while, Coyote had been watching the bird. He wanted to jump in and catch it for his dinner, but he was afraid of the blue water. But on the fifth morning he said to the Bluebird: "How is it that all your ugly color has come out of your feathers, and now you are all blue and sprightly and beautiful? You are more beautiful than anything that flies in the air. I want to be blue, too."

Rowenya pauses as she looks at Dayunsi. "Blue coyote... its funny image eh?" She giggles as she purses her lips before she starts up again, finishing the story. " 'I went in only four times,' replied the Bluebird. It then taught Coyote the song it had sung. And so Coyote steeled his courage and jumped into the lake. For four mornings he did this, singing the song the Bluebird had taught him, and on the fifth day he turned as blue as the bird." Rowenya blinks as she started to think about it. "I wonder if we can do that... but.... sorry for stopping the story.." She laughs as she began to speak. "That made Coyote feel very proud. He was so proud to be a blue coyote that when he walked along he looked about on every side to see if anyone was noticing how fine and blue he was. Then he started running along very fast, looking at his shadow to see if it also was blue. He was not watching the road, and presently he ran into a stump so hard that it threw him down upon the ground and he became dust-coloured all over. And to this day all coyotes are the colour of dusty earth."

Rowenya giggles as she finished the story. "What a silly coyote!!"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Thats a very interesting story, it is a little sad that Coyote didn't get to stay blue though I think you are right, it would have been kind of odd. There are lots of stories that are about different animals outwitting others. I have one about Coyote and Opossum." Dayunsi settled down to tell his story and lazily flapped his wings as his murmurings took on the highs and lows of his storytelling voice.

" Coyote was going along one day, feeling very hungry, when he met up with Skunk. "Hello, brother," Coyote greeted him. "You look hungry and so am I. If I lead the way, will you join me in a trick to get something to eat?"
"I will do whatever you propose," said Skunk.
"A prairie dog village is just over that hill. You go over there and lie down and play dead. I'll come along later and say to the prairie dogs, 'Come, let us have a dance over the body of our dead enemy.' "
Skunk wondered how they would ever get anything to eat by playing dead and dancing. "Why should I do this?" he asked. "Go on," Coyote said. "Puff yourself up and play dead."
Skunk went on to the prairie dog village and pretended to be dead. After a while Coyote came along and saw several prairie dogs playing outside their holes. They were keeping a distance between themselves and Skunk.
"Oh, look," cried Coyote, "our enemy lies dead before us. Come, we will have a dance to celebrate. Let everyone come out and then stop up the burrow holes."

Dayunsi smiled at the imagery of all the Prairie dogs standing in a circle. "Do you think they would be tricked?" he asked the winged filly. He paused and then started to story once more enjoying the craft of weaving a tale from the air.

The foolish prairie dogs did as he told them. "Now," said Coyote, "let us all stand in a big circle and dance with our eyes closed. If anyone opens his eyes to look, he will turn into something bad."
As soon as the prairie dogs began dancing with their eyes closed, Coyote killed one of them. "Well, now," he called out, "let's all open our eyes." The prairie dogs did so, and were surprised to see one lying dead. "Oh, dear," said Coyote, "look at this poor fellow. He opened his eyes and died. Now, all of you, close your eyes and dance again. Don't look, or you too will die."
They began to dance once more, and one by one Coyote drew them out of the dance circle and killed them. At last, one of the prairie dogs became suspicious and opened his eyes. "Oh, Coyote is killing us!" he cried, and all the survivors ran to unstop their holes and seek safety in the burrows.
Skunk then stood up, laughing at how easily Coyote had worked his trick. He helped gather up some dry firewood and they began roasting the prairie dogs that Coyote had killed.

"There is more to this story but I like this ending best." Dayunsi smiled and made a small bow to indicate the end of his tale. "Unless you wish to continue it?"

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya's eyes went round like dinner saucers as she listens to the story about poor prairie dogs being tricked and killed just for food. Her eyes wells up with tears of sympathy for the deceased ones before she blinks back the tears. "no.. its a very sad story.. I wouldn't know how to add to that story.." Her voice wobbles as she frowns. "Poor prairie dogs....I don't think I like coyotes and skunks now.." She sniffs as she frowns. "Who would want to trick innocent animals so they could have food? why can't they just ask them if they could have some?" She looks at Dayunsi with innocent look on her face.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Well Coyote and Skunks are both meat eaters. They can't eat grass like you and I." Dayunsi knew how she must feel having been in the sights of a hunter before. "There was one time when I was very small that a large cat tried to eat me. I managed to get away without getting hurt but I try to stay away from large open spaces because of it. I cannot look upon the cat for trying to eat me, it was in his nature and I was in his line of sight. Not all animals have been blessed by the spirits so that they can understand and converse with us." Dayunsi though for a moment before adding. "How would you feel if I told you the grass could feel us munching on their stems? Would you stop eating all together? I think we are lucky in that we don't have to hunt for our food but then that is because we were not designed to hunt for if every animal had to hunt we wouldn't have any food to eat." He paused again before starting on another tangent. "And if we all ate grass there would not be enough grass to feed everyone and no one would have any space to live as even the dyeing would stay among us if they weren't eaten by the carnivores."

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya's eyes just went even more wide at his short story about him almost getting caught by a big cat. "Oh...." She blinks owlishly as she looks around fearfully because she doesn't want to encounter skunks or coyotes or big cats now. "Now I understand why they eat meat.. to restore the balance in the nature yes? The goddess epona needs creatures that eats plants and some creatures that eats meat... I think I get it.." She muses thoughtfully as she tries to picture the balance between the plant-eaters and meat-eaters. "Hrm... but I can't see why there can't be a peaceful method to get the meat.. perhaps from someone who is already dead.." She blinks owlishly at the fluttercorn.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:30 pm
The Skies collides with the Earth. - Dayunsi and Rowenya (part 3)

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi chuckled, "Do you think they would like to eat old and rotting meat? I think that would be like us eating the fungi on the rosehip trees, probably wouldn't taste very good to them." He thought for a moment before continuing. "But then the spirits gave us tricks and skills for us to protect ourselves. We have long legs and quick bodies, and you and I have wings also. Rabbits have their speed and long legs and then porcupines have all those spines on their back. Even skunks are prey as well as predator and so they have their smell to keep others away." He smiled and fluttered his wings in the sunlight. "There are many gifts we have been given to keep us from being eaten and you have a Mother and a Father to keep you safe until you are old enough to take care of yourself."

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Rowenya crinkles her nose up at the thought of them eating old and rotting meat as she shudders violently. "Eeeew!!!" She screeches as she looks at the trees, trying to get the thought of the old and rotting meat out of her head. "You do have a point there.. the spirits are very kind to us.. giving us a chance to escape if we needed to..but meat-eaters can become smarter and outwit us.." She looks troubled as she looks at Dayunsi. She knows that he is trying to explain things but she couldn't help but to worry about being a prey to the predators. "But... what if the meat-eaters have the same abilities like us? for example.. we have wings.. they have wings so they can catch us in air as well.."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "What is the biggest creature with wings that you can think of?" He thought about the buzzard who wasn't even her size. "See all the creatures with wings are not big enough to capture us in the air, it is another gift that the spirits have given us." Dayunsi nodded towards where a group of soquili had gathered to graze on the other side of the meadow. "That and we spend most of our time in groups so I'd like to see a buzzard or eagle try and take one of us without the others jumping into the fray." He flicked at a bug that had been biting his flank with his tail and then added, "That is why making friends is important, it is a greatest defense that protects us from all manner of dangers, not just from predators."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:40 pm
Turning over a green leaf - Dayunsi and Absynthe

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi made his way slowly towards the riverside and found a nice perch on a rock that was partially covered by litchen and moss. Gathering up the moss with his hoof he remembered it's properties. Litchen was a good asorbant as well as helped heal. After he had enough of a bundle he gently picked it up in his teeth and placed it in the loose bag that was near by. It was then he looked around and took in the sights. The brook gurgled with merriment as it bounced it's way through the meadow, a few clouds floated gracefully in the sky, cuasing shadows to scatter around and hide the small forms of the bees and other insects as they gathered pollen. There was an almost peaceful aura about the place and Dayunsi gave a small sigh as he watched the path of a bird high up.

Infinities
User Image
She was buzzing around, exploring- the trees, the rocks, the insides and outsides of flowers and toadstools, and hollowed in trees. For Absinthe, the world was a playground, and she was the green fairy sent to liven it up. Any time of year was her favorite- something new to explore every day! Any time of day was her favorite too, as long as she could avoid the birds of prey that sometimes found her all too appetizing when she was small. Normally, though, the was about the size of a foal- and it QUITE annoyed her when others would mistake her for such.

The mare shifted, moving from her favorite bee-size to the normal 'foal' size in a matter of moments, causing the bird that had been eyeing her to make a noise of annoyance and flap away. She gave a little laugh, dancing through the trees, amused. Always so disappointed when she escaped.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It was following the startled experession of the bird that the fluttercorn noticed the other. He caught her size shift in the corner of his eye and smiled. He hadn't met another flutter yet and this one was very pretty indeed. Maybe it was a common trait between flutters, beauty was definatly a shaired thing. Shaking the water from his hooves, Dayunsi pulled the pouch to a safe place where it wouldn't be molested by critters passing by before making his way towards her. Tossing his hair out of his face he trotted towards her, his wings shimmering in the sunlight.

Infinities
User Image
Her head tilted as she saw the other soquili moving towards her, and cast him a smile of greeting. Ah! He was one of the horned ones! Curiosity brightened her gaze, and she pranced across the grass, carefully avoiding the flowers. They were her friends anyways. "Hello!" she gave a friendly smile. He was the color of earth, with a mane and tail like vines, and flowery! Intrigued by his appearance, she moved closer.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. As the other flutter came towards him Dayunsi smiled back at her. He admired her flowing hair and the markings she had upon her back, they were unusual and captured his interest for a moment. When she got closer he uttered his own greeting, "Why hello there, lovely morning isn't it." Out of courtasy he changed his size to match hers and then made a low bow. "I was just out gathering some mosses by the river..." He paused for a moment, not quite knowing what else to say.

Infinities
User Image
Absinthe blinked in surprise as he changed his size to match hers. "I didn't know the horned ones could do that for very long." she mused aloud, and danced around him, eyes wide. His hair looked tasty. She almost giggled, but held it back with wide, glittering eyes. "It is quite a lovely morning. Do you need any help gathering moss?" She could make herself larger, if he needed it. "What are you gathering it for?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "It takes a little longer than you probably could my dear but suits me just fine." Dayunsi smiled lightly at her comment. He could feel the merryment that she carried within her soul and it brightened up his day to see such a sprightly response. "I am gathering moss to replenish my two-legger's supplies. He is quite a good healer for the creatures that live in the forest and had run out after helping a large hare. Moss is good for covering wounds and so I decided to help him out in exchange for provinding me with a home. If you would like to help, you are more than welcome to do so."

Infinities
User Image
She danced in place, considering. "I could help, just for a while." she tossed her mane, feeling a few tendrils slip free, making her mane look even more wild. "You'll have to show me which mosses we are looking for, because I don't have a clue." her voice was cheerful, excited. She would go picking moss, yes yes yes, and then she'd EAT it. Just for a bite. If it made you healthy and well, then maybe she needed it?

... Absinthe had not yet learned that not everything in nature was edible. "So how much do you need?" she couldn't eat what the stallion needed for his two-legger, after all.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi looked around for a patch of the mosses that were mostly what he was looking for and nothing that was dangerous nearby, just in case she accidentally picked something that would hinder more than help. Moving to where he had hidden his large bag he motioned towards the large patch. "This is the kind of moss I am looking for. Can you see it has the small roundish leaves that look like the watercress? Well this is similar but if you pulled it up..." Lightly tugging on a section a piece started to peel away from the rocks, the small tendrils of the moss tangled together and pulling up the plant near it. After tugging a largish chunk of it off the stone face he let go of it, "the whole thing comes up with it. Makes it quiet easy to gather but a little harder to find. I'm looking for the greener mosses, not the ones that have gone brown."

Infinities
User Image
Water what? She took a close look at the plant, nodding as it was memorized, and danced off a ways, and started staring at the rocks, looking for grasses. Mosses.

Oh, what a pretty flower! <3 Maybe he could use that too? And oh, this plant always tasted good, and it made her nose tingle when she ate it. Heee. And this one smelled DELICIOUS. So she would get this one for the two-legger.

OH! MOSS! Right. She danced back over to the moss. This one looked nice. The leaves weren't quite right, but maybe he could use it too? She dumped it in a pile that would be meeting with the stallion's approval before she'd put it in the bag. She didn't want to be messing up the collection, after all.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Chuckeling lightly at the mares eager to help exuberance, Dayunsi searched for a few patches himself. When he peeked around to see what she was doing he noticed a few different herbs and flowers had been added to the pile. A quick glance over the growing pile assured him there was nothing hazzardous and at the addition of a few of the nice smelling flowers he smiled. They would be perfect to give to Immi to add to her garden. Nodding towards the flower she had picked out he smiled. "If you find anymore of this one, can you pill it up with its roots intact? It smells really nice and I have a friend who would love it."

Infinities
User Image
She glared at the flower as though it were the most interesting thing in the world. It was purply. And green. She glanced over the glower, and tried to remember where she'd gotten it from in her mad dancing. "I'll do my best!" she agreed, giving the stallion a perky smile. And danced off, new mission accepted. Flowers!

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Absinthe made him laugh and helped the time move faster as he gathered the rest of the mosses that were needed. He spotted a few different flowers in amongst the weeds and pulled them out of the dirt carefully. They were added to the bag along with the mosses and other herbs she had found. While he worked he stole glances over towards her, watching her quick movements. To him she looked like she was performing an elaberate dance and he enjoyed the bright company where as usually he would have stayed in the shadows for as long as possible, only comming out when he actually needed to.

Infinities
User Image
She brought him many other plants- flowers, mosses, pinecones, whatever struck her fancy for his attention. She wasn't much useful, but she was energetic. It had to count for something! The bag was filling surely, and finally she threw herself down nect to it, watching the stallion gather more plants. He was going about his job carefully, slower. As to ensure quality? "Why are you taking so long?" it came out almost complaint-like. "You could be PLAYING right now. And having fun!"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "You are not having fun at this moment?" This puzled Dayunsi for a moment as he considered gathering herbs to be one of the tasks he enjoyed doing. He glanced down at the pile that had grown around the bag and laughed aloud. "My my... I guess it will be very full today." He noticed there was quite a few useful plants in there as well as an interesting selection of flowers for Immi. Yes, today was definatly a sucessful collecting, he could sift out the unuseable when he got back to the glade thought he was the type to find a use for anything so there was a good chance that all would be useful in some way. "Well, the bag is ful, which was my idea of fun so what is your idea of fun, we can play that now." He smiled at the green flutter.

Infinities
User Image
"It was fun at first." she said quickly. "But then it got boring. "Picking up plants, and exploring to find the new ones." she nodded. "But it's the same thing, over and over and over. And you are doing it so SLOW!" she gave him a look that said clearly being slow was something awful to the mare. But she returned his smile when he said they could play -her- games now, and leapt to her feet, darting up to poke him lightly with her nose. "Tag! You are it!"

A second later and she had size-shifted into a smaller form, and was buzzing away, laughing.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi was taken aback at first at her surprising responce. Flustered for a moment he stared at her retreating figure as a shiver went up his spine. He wasn't used to a mare who was so forawrd and spontanious and for a moment wasn't sure he liked it. However, spending time with Immi and dealing with malis who had her own kind of spontinaity, Dayunsi soon recovered. The flutter-corn neighed softly before taking to the sky and skittered around to follow her darting movements. Choosing to be slightly larger than her, Dayunsi was able to almost catch up with her, feeling the path of her wings in the breeze as she flutterd to-and-fro.

Infinities
User Image
She shot through the grass, trying to remain as close to out of sight as she could manage- but the stallion was swift. Slightly bigger, with larger wings and more power. She gave a squeal and tried to go faster, mane floating behind her. "Fly fly fly as fast as you can!" she cried cheerfully, daring the stallion to catch up to her.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. While Dayunsi was larger and thus, faster, Absynth was smaller and nimble. He saw her dart back and forth and found himself loosing distance. "I'll catch you pretty! You just wait and see!" He called out back to her retreating figure. Putting a new burst of speed he sailed up above her in an attempt to swoop down and hopefully catch her on his descent. A few petals flew out behind him as they were swept off his mane and tail and floated down to the ground like the tail of a comet.

Infinities
User Image
She squeaked aloud as the stallion descended on her from above her, unexpectedly cathing her- and causing her to tumble from the sky, luckily landing gently, giggling breathlessly. "Hehehe." She grinned around, looking for the other soquili. "Fun! Let's do it again."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The laughter pulled his spirit towards her and momentarily forgetting his fear, the flutter spead off through the sunny open field. Darting from side to side he called over his shoulder. "Your it!" With her quick reactions he was sure she would catch on and speed off after him. Dayunsi tried to stay ahead of her while still keeping close enough to tease. This was fun, the earthy stallion dances in the blue skies with a high whinney.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:42 pm
Turning over a green leaf - Dayunsi and Absynthe (part 2)

Infinities
User Image
She giggled, spinning after him. It was like being drunk on sunlight and laughter. Absinthe shot through the air, a shimmering green blur, not gaining on the stallion, but copying his flight patterns. Her game for now was to be on his tail, following his every move. After some time she would catch up to him, and attempt to tag him in return, coming from below.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. He spotted her behind him but it took a moment or two before he realized that she was following his exact moves. With a gleeful smile he began to make his path even more intricate. Almost bouncing from flower to flower he hopped along the ground before taking to the air and flitting around the branches of a nearby tree. Darting around the trunk once more the flutter-corn hoped he could surprise her on the other side, changing direction in a sudden movement.

Infinities
User Image
She laughed and followed him, lagging behind a bit as his movements became more and more intricate. She gave a hum, shooting forward, only to give a startled squeak as he shot in another direction. She followed after him, frowning when she didn't see him at first. Where WAS he?!

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi stayed hidden behind the tree before jumping back out. "Surprise!" Laughing, he darted back into the branches before turning around and flitting back towards the open meadow. The blooming flowers sent their sweet aroma into the air as he knocked them with his hooves in passing. They reminded him of his dear friend Immi and he smiled, momentarily distracted. It was the almost collision into a sunflower that brought him back to the now and he swerved to avoid it, changing direction once again.

Infinities
User Image
She gave a started squeal, almost falling out of the air as the stallion came around to meet her. Instinct made her increase her speed, and forced her to backtrack further than she had wanted. A trick! Tricksy, tricksy little stallion!

Absinthe giggled again and shot after him, not missing the sunflower this time and landing on it, head hanging down. "I'm tired!" she called finally, breathless with laughter and genuinely growing tired.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Then let us land." Gallantly he swooped down and gently landed next to her, brushing a strand of hair out of her face with his nose. "That was a fun game, I really enjoyed myself, thank you." The breeze blew through the meadow and made the sunflower rock a little from side to side and cooling them down. Dayunsi sniffed at the sunflower head and though about the interesting way it got it's name. "The name 'sunflower' comes form it's habit of turning it's head from east to west to follow the sun." He mused aloud and turned towards Absinthe with a smile.

Infinities
She grinned at the stallion, not quite certain of the next thing to say. "I'm Absinthe." she said finally, not quite recalling if she had introduced herself. "But you can call me Abbi if you want." the mare nodded firmly. "You're fun to play with." There was a moment of silence as the mare absorbed his words. "And you sure do seem to know an awful lot..."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi chuckled. "I'm Dayunsi, was was named after a beetle. I don't think I have a nickname though Tai'jin once called me 'Day'." He thought about how many soquili tended to shorten names and wondered if it was a mark of adoration, or even liking someone. At her next comment he grinned, "Thanks, you are awfully fun to play with too... and tiring." He could feel that his wings had definitely had more use out of them than what was normal for him, and he wasn't usually one to stand around all day. "I love learning things," he commented on her observation, "Storytelling and learning about flowers are my favorite things to do. Do you have any favorite pasttimes?"

Infinities
She blinked at the stallion. First... "You were named after a beetle?" She looked quite shocked. "But you don't look like a beetle at all, why would someone call you a beetle? And I want to call you Dayu." her grin was open, happy. "I don't get many people to play with me like that, because I like to be tiny. I've never met anyone else who can be tiny like me before."

His question made her tilt her head and peek at him. "Past times? I have lots of past times. Like what we just did!"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Dayu... that's new but kinda interesting." The fluttercorn nods before adding, "I like being tiny too... no, that's not right, we're the right size, it's everyone else who are usually too big." He laughed at his own joke. "I was named after a beetle because of what he did, not because of what he looked like." He settled down for a moment and started telling a story in a low sing-song voice.

"Once upon a time when the world was barely new there was no land, just a large expanse of water. The animals had no where to live and just floated around on the back of a great eagle. Dayunsi, the water beetle, volunteered to swim down as far as he could go and see what was under the ocean." Dayunsi paused, thinking about such a great trip that might have been before continuing. "He swam down until he could no longer see anything around him. There were creatures who lived down in the murky depths but they didn't understand him when he tried to ask where he was. It wasn't until a day had passed that he finally found the ocean floor. Gathering the mud he found under his feet, the beetle pulled as much as he could up back to the surface. The journey took even longer for him to get back and Dayunsi was worried that he would not have the strength to reach the end of his journey. Soon though, he started seeing the bright light of the sun peeking through the waves and when he reached the surface the animals cheered. They got the spirits to bless the mud and make it grow. It expended out in all directions and with the spirits help plants and trees began to grow and that is how the earth came into be.

Infinities
She listened avidly to his story, ears perked. This stallion would get along really well with Scherazade. And she opened her mouth up to tell him as much promptly as he concluded. "You need to meet Scher. She tells a lot of stories, all the time, I swear she knows EVERYTHING, and you like to tell stories, but she doesn't sing them like you do, and it still stinks you were named after a beetle, but it's okay, I still like you, so..." She took a deep breath. "Yeah."

Green and gold wings twitched, and Absinthe jumped up, replenished from her rest. "Are you ready to play some more? Or do you need help with something else?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dayunsi chuckled at the sudden barrage of statements and questions. "I would love to meet your Scher, she sounds like she would be an interesting soquili to chat with." The fluttercorn always liked meeting other storytellers and he had journeyed to the Story Circle a few times to trade and share tales. He wondered fleetingly if Scher also went to the Story Circles, maybe he had already met her once. "I don't think it sucks to be named after such an extraordinary character. Dayunsi did quite an important feat which took a lot of courage." Dayunsi smiled and shook his mane out, letting the flowers re-settle into new positions; there had been a leaf that was tickeling his ear. The green flutter's exhuberance livened him up again and the earthy stallion took to the air. "Ok, so what do you want to play this time?"

Infinities
She gave a little frown, pondering. "I think it's your turn to pick the game, Dayu!" her voice was cheery, and she grinned. "I picked last time, and you picked the first time, so that means we have to take turns and you have to pick, okay?" The truth was likely that she couldn't decide! There were so many fun games to play, and so little time to play them in! "Did you want to take your plants to your friend? We can go on a trip to take them." she nodded seriously, bounding forward to dance around him in ever-widening circles.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. “I think that sounds like a perfect idea” Dayunsi trotted over towards where he had stored the bag. There was a lot more than mosses inside it which made the earthly stallion chuckle. Grabbing the rope between his teeth, the fluttercorn swung his bag over his shoulder and attempted to balance it right. The cloth satchel was a little bigger on him than before as he had shifted size since holding it. That made it a little difficult but not enough that he wanted to shift to a larger size. “The glade is over here,” he mumbled around the rope in his mouth. “Catch me if you can!” With a neigh he darted off between the trees, glancing back once to check she was following him.

Infinities
She danced off after him, at a comfortable gallop, leaping over mounds of dirt that got in her way. With a sigh, she hifted into her normal size, when she realized that her preferred mini-size was keeping her dropping steadily behind. She4 wasn't of the mind to fly. Not right now, anyways. Now she was looking for something that spent more energy! She stretched out her comparatively long legs until she had caught up to him. "Want a ride, Dayu?" she teased, looking down her nose at him. "Since you're so slow." The last was said with a big wing and a chirping laugh.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:49 am
The rolling hills - Hanna and Rasui

nekolulu
User Image

* hanna stands under a tree, on the tallest hill letting, feeling the wind blow though her hair, she had spent the day relaxing under this apple tree, watching the small birds in the branches jump around, as the wind started to blow she notced that it was harder and harder for the birds to jump bewteen the branches, she lays her head down in the grass and turns it slightly to watch them as she starts to nod off, it seemed like not many others came up here to look at the valleys and rivers, she could even see the village where the two-leggers lived, she tired to stay away from there because it didn't feel safe there sometimes*

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rasui had just come from spying on the two-leggers. His own two-legger enjoyed the solitude of the forest so the purple stallion didn't get to see the large crowds that bustled about in the villages. He had almost passed her by before he noticed the spotted mare, his hoof paused mid step as his head turned towards her. In a flash he changed direction and made a small bow. "Well hello there, do you mind if I stop by to exchange plesantries?" He noticed the tree surrounding her bore large apples that caused the branches to droop and Rasui grinned. If there was one thing he enjoyed it was apples. Well that and berries but who's counting?

nekolulu
* hanna opens her eyes and looks up to see a purple sallion bow to her, she smiles sweetly at him* " please do, I could use the company to talk to, please help yourself to the apples as well." * she smiles again reaching for one of the apples closest to her on the ground, she wondered where he came from if he came from the village. or the woods like she did, she was sure that he was new around there for she had never seen him before, unless he stayed close to the village*

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. With another grin he bent down and chose a rather juicy apply that was half red and half green. Crunching it lively between his teeth he waited until it was all gone before trying to speak again. "So what brings you to this apple laden tree? Just the apples or maybe you like watching the two-leggers from a distance." He turned is head towards the village and then continued as if he was musing out loud. "I just went down there, they are funny creatures really, always running about doing stuff." The stallion prefered to just stay in one place and contemplate life rather than run around willy nilly.

nekolulu
* hanna watches him eat the apple and smiles, she finshes her own she smiles and looks back down at the village* " i came here to watch the two leggers, and eat the apples, I love the watch them do their crazy stuff, I used to have one but she left me here I was hoping that one day I would spot her from up here, but that was a long time ago and she never came back." * hanna looks a little sad*

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "That's not good... Two-leggers are very useful sometimes. Like if you have an itch you can't scratch or if your hair get's tangled into things like branches and such." He didn't really want to elaberate on how he knew that and so switched over to another thought. "Why don't you find yourself a new two-legger? I'm sure mine wouldn't mind another friend, he already seems to have befrended some really wierd Soquili... Not that I'm saying your wierd of course" He hurredly tried to recover from his sentace before he wedged his hoof deeper into his mouth.

nekolulu
* hanna smiles then blinks at him then smiles she knew, that she didn't mean her when he said 'wierd'* " it's okey Rasui, they sound very useful, maybe I will meet your two-legger, he seems very nice, I never thought of seaching for another one after mine left, if of couse you wouldn't mind taking me there to meet him." * she smiled sweetly at him to help him feel better*

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rasui nosed in the general direction of the clearing that he called home before speaking. "The two-legger's teepee is just past that corps of trees, a short gallop for us. He has sweet things like apples and strawberries and is very kind to animals unlike some two-leggers I have seen." It was obvious this two-legger had 'caught' him hook line and sinker with the very site of the fruit that he grew in his own wild garden. "He's funny in a way... most two-leggers seem to like being around other two-leggers but this one prefers to stay away from the others... I don't know why, it's kind of puzzeling."

nekolulu
* hanna smiles and looks at where the hut is, she then looks back at Rasui* " really, i could use a good gallop, your home sounds really pretty with all those apples and other fruit, kind master, it kind of intresting that he doesn't like to be around other two leggers, could we go and meet him I would love too, do you have any others living with you?." * she smiles and turns towards where he pointed waiting for him to give the go ahead*

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Oh yes... There is Immi... she is a singer/dancer by heart and has a son named Cadance... Oh and then there is Dayunsi, he's a small little thing but really knowledgeable. Suiseiseki is a little odd but if you catch her in a good moment she can be quite fun though I never want to get on her bad side... she has quite a temper. It's Malis I can't get head or tail around..." He paused and then remembered he was suppose to be showing her the way back to the tepee. "Here..." He started trotting in the right direction until she was following and then started off in a steady gallop. "Yeah, Malis thinks she is a Troll?" He still wasn't quite sure that was, "But she's pretty interesting when you get used to how she speaks. I much prefer hanging around Cadance and Imogen though."

nekolulu
* hanna watches Immi and everyone else as he talked about every member of his family, when he said here and took off troting * " okie." she smiles and trots after him starting to gallop beside him* "really why does she think that she is a Troll, I bet she sounds intresting I would love to talk with them all, Cadance and Imogen they are your friends?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rasui turned his head slightly so he could chat and gallop at the same time. "I'm not quite sure, never got the courage to ask her. Malis is quite fearsome but I guess she's ok because the others seem to like her. Well not everyone..." he thought about the interesting dynamics in the herd before continueing. Immi is a good friend, she is fun to chat with and sometimes she'll just start singing 'cause she says she is full of songs just waiting to come out. Cadance if cool, we can go out for long trips and..." Rasui paused for a moment and had the decency to blush slightly. he didn't really want to tell Hanna what they did when Cadance and he went out on those trips.

nekolulu
* hanna smiles at him as he talks about his family she loved to hear about others, it had to be nice to be around so many others, when he blushes she watches his face* " it is okey you don't have to tell me what you do, you have a great family your very lucky, I would love to hear Immi sing, it sounds like some of the others don't understand Malis."

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:00 am
The rolling hills - Hanna and Rasui / Immi / Suiseiseki (part 2)

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Probably, she is quiet an odd one." Rasui nodded before making a sudden turn down a secluded path into the shady green of the trees. He slowed the pace and took a quick look around to get his bearings. "Well maybe you will get a chance to hear her sing... I believe she should be in her garden if you want to see Immi first." Immi usually spent her time in the garden that had been grown out of the flowers she had found in her wanderings. He turned and stopped for a moment to find out the answer in case he needed to change direction and head over to the glade instead of the teepee.

nekolulu
" everyone is a little odd in their own way, it is what makes them intresting, maybe that is why others stay away from Malis is she is hard to read."* hanna slows down beside him* " sure I would love to meet Immi first, I bet her garden is very beautful." * she watches his face, smiling sweetly waiting to see which way they would be setting off in*

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Right then! Her garden is right down this path." He took a step off to the side and then worked his way down the tight fox run. A few branches stuck out in their way but he showed her how to knock them aside without hurting the trees or her hide. A small brook babbled close by and there were birds in the trees that added to the almost magical seeming glade that opened up before them. "Here we are, I'll just go find Immi if you want to wait here." All around were flowers of different types that Imogen had found through her wonderings. Ivy creepers twined around trunks of trees and butterflies darted back and forth through bushes of roses and patches of honeysuckle. It was easy to tell that Immi liked colour because she almost had every colour of the rainbow and then some.

nekolulu
* hanna follows him knocking the brunches out of her way the way that he showed her, when she stepped out to look closer at the brook and all the birds she smiles sweetly back at him* " wow, okie." * watches him go then looks at the differant flowers not knowing some of their names she would have to ask Immi what they were, she stood in place to make she wouldn't step on anything she then closes her eyes to listen to the birds*

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. He didn't return for quite a while and it wasn't until a shadow showed up against one of the large trunks of the trees that another soul was shown to be there. "Oh welcome! Rasui told me you were here. Didn't mean to startle you, we have a bit of an interesting thing going on so I wasn't here. Rasui should be on his way back, he needed to relay something down the line for me." Immi stepped into the clearing, using flat stepping stones to get through the thicker areas of flowers without crushing them. It was easy to see how much she liked the blossoms, many of the ones that were growing on the ground were also twined into her hair. "I'm Imogen, most call me Immi. You are Hanna right?" She reguarded the other mare with interest.

nekolulu
* hanna jumps as she sees the shadow blinking she watches as Imogen came into veiw* " it's quite alright, pleased to meet you Immi, your garden is very beautful I have never seen one like it, most of the flowers are intresting looking, a interesting thing, hopefully it's not any kind of trouble, would you be willing to show me around your garden Immi, I'm sure that Rasui can find us when he gets back, he is sure nice, it must make it easy to get along?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Well thank you." Imogen chuckled as she stepped closer and to the side so that Hanna could get a good view of the wild garden. "I try to take good care of it, Dayunsi helps me sometimes when he is around but he hasn't been seen in a few days." She sounded a little worried but then seemed to cheer herself up, the little flutter could take care of himself if needed, she didn't need to worry. At the other mare's question the singer nodded. "Sure, not that there is much more to see but..." She gestured towards the largest tree in the clearing. "This tree is my favorite, it's a willowtree but it has ivy growing up it's trunk. I found it like that right next to the brook and I just knew it would be the best place to start a new garden." Immi smiled at the memory before nodding once more. "I am sure Rasui will be back soon. Maybe he can show you the other garden that the twolegger keeps. His is a lot more... streight... than mine."

nekolulu
* hanna follows her watching her with the blue bell and smiles* " that is really cool, my two-legger left and never returned, sadly I love your family so far it must be very awesome to have the surport that you all have, Rasui's talent sounds intresting, I wonder if you would mind if I joined your herd as well, as well as to get to know Rasui better, it is so kind."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Though she was the oldest of the herd, at least by joining time, she did often confer with the troll. Especially about important tidings such as this. "I would have to ask Malis, she would have to meet you first. I do not see why you couldn't join our herd. We are a pretty open family." Immi thought about it for a moment and realized she would probably have to ask Dayunsi too as he was becoming more and more responsible for the herd when she was gone. Except now he was missing... Imogen sighed slightly, a worried look on her face. "It might be best that you met the rest of our herd before you decide to join. Let's see if we can meet Rasui half way."

nekolulu
* hanna watches her and smiles* " okey I wouldn't mind meeting Malis or any of the others, thank you that is good for you to say that I could join Immi, okie that sounds like a good plan I hope that Dayunsi is okey, okie lets go." * she watches for Immi to lead the way to where they would meet up with Rasui*

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. They started to make their way through the small path that adjoined the clearing. Immi moved slow enough for Hanna to take a look at her surroundings in case she ever got lost. There were a few old and gnarled trees that could be used as path markers. Someone had tied ribbons and colourful feathers at certain intervals. Immi explained that she had gotten the idea from a treasure hunt she had participated in when she first arrived in the kawani lands.

Soon the path expanded into another clearing, this one on the banks of a larger river. The little brook in Immi's glade could have been an offshoot of this larger one. There in a secluded area was a large-ish teepee that had the same colours of some of the ribbons that were dangled from tree branches. A mottled brown horse wearing a green blanket and lacy white and green leggings was stomping at some mud near a cul-de-sac in the clearing. She seemed to be muttering about something and shooting fierce looks towards another direction as if expecting someone to show up over there.

nekolulu
* hanna stops beside Immi and looks around at the surroundings at the trees and feathers* " it's a good idea Immi at lease no one can get losted if they follow the feathers."

* hanna looks around as soon as she sees the clearing on the side of the river bank she then looks at the river and blinks it was huge, seeing the teepee and the brown soquili she watches her stomp in the mud and looks back at Immi, " is she okey? Did someone foreget to show up?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Immi!" The brown mare stalked up to Imogen as soon as she had spotted the arrivals. "That chibi-ningen!" she spat vehemently before continuing with a more reserved voice "That.... Runt went and deliberately splashed mud all over me! And he made me loose my precious berries..." Her eyes grew big and woeful as she thought about the tiny red morsels that she loved to eat. It didn't matter to her who's they originally belonged to as long as she could have them for her own pleasure. She rolled her eyes expressively before noticing the stranger in their midst. "And who is this?" She didn't know if this new mare was a good thing or a bad one and thus eyed her suspiciously.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Imogen chuckled to herself for a moment before schooling her face into a more consoling look to deal with the green clothed mare. Though she was slightly smaller than Imogen, the short soquili seemed larger by her personality. Immi bore through her scowls and name calling before interrupting with, "Sui, This is Hanna. Hanna, This is Suiseiseki, on of our herd. Sui, Hanna is looking for Rasui, did you see where he went?" For the burgundy mare knew that 'Runt' was Suiseiseki's favorite word for the purple stallion. She wondered if they would ever get along but was glad that they didn't mind living together entirely, well as long as they were on opposite sides of the clearing...

nekolulu
* hanna looks at this Brown clothed mare she had only seen Abel run around with clothes this is quite new to her, she smiles sweetly as she is interduce to her by immi she was trying to seem as friendly as she could* " pleased to meet you Suiseisek." * she blinks at her her and Immi* " Runt? If you like later after we find Rasui I could help you get more berrys." * she turns to immi and Sui for relies*

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Why would I want to help find that Runt?" Though the thought of berries did intregue her. Maybe this one wasn't too bad afterall. Suiseiseki shook her tail, a few clumps of mud falling off her brown curls. "Bah! He needs to learn manners. Where is the troll when you need her." Suiseiseki stalked over to the river grumpily and checked her reflection for other mud clots. "She would tell him to be much better mannered. Or at least give him a good thwack for covering me in dirt!" Seeing she was now decently clean the mare stalked off in a huff. There was no way she wanted to be in the same glade as him when Rasui decided to return.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:20 am
The rolling hills - Hanna and Rasui / Immi (part 3)

nekolulu
* hanna watches her again, looking for mud on the other mare* " because maybe I could talk him into saying sorry it you." * she smiles again* " maybe he needs it good manners maybe he likes to pick on you Sui to get a reaction out of you, your letting him get to you." * hanna watches her go and blinks at Immi* " are she is always like that or it something I said?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Nah, she is usually like that when it concerns Rasui. I don't know why though, they'd made a good team. They are both interested in dreams you see..." Immi shook her head as she stepped towards the teepee. It looked like Rynth wad out, probably gathering herbs or other necessities. He usually came and went as he pleased but he was useful to keep around, his hands being quite nimble. As she neared the other side of the clearing, Rasui came up along the path. With a worried look Immi asked the striped stallion where he had been. "did you find anything? Any more clues to where he had gone to?" She couldn't help feeling responsible for the flutters disappearance.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "The troll has gone to look for him. She thinks she found a footprint that could be his." Rasui re-told all the things he managed to find out about Malis' thoughts on the matter before turning back to Hanna. "I am awfully sorry about this. Here I was suppose to introduce you to everyone and I've spent most of my time running off and chasing others." He gave a quick nudge to Imogen as if to tell her that things would be ok and he'd be back later. "What would you like to see while you are here. I can give you a bit of a tour."

nekolulu
* hanna watches Immi * " that is good that they have the same intrests in dreams." * hanna follows to her the clearing and sees Rasui she smiles sweetly at him when he say sorry about leaving her she smiles wider* " I understand Rasui it is okie, I have enjoyed my time with Immi, she is a very sweet hostess, I have also met Suiseiseki, she is very sweet as well, umm is there somewhere we could get a bite to eat?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. At the mention of Suiseiseki, Rasui made a face. "I don't know how you can thing that one as 'sweet' but yes, Immi is definatly a great hostess, it's why shes the one in charge around here." He turned to smile at Imogen before hearing Hanna's next question. "Oh! Yes of course... There is a small meadow that we enjoy eating around the next turn of the path. The river will follow us out so there is fresh water as well." Rasui nodded in the direction he was mentioning before turning back to Immi. "I'm going to head to the meadow, let me know if anything happens, if you find Dayunsi..." The purple stallion paused to a moment before making a small decision. "You might want to tell him how you feel, things don't work too well when unsaid." With that he turned to smile at Hanna and then started off in the direction of the meadows.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:49 am
Making a great escape elsewhere - Malis and Ezriel

X-Ronso-X
Sleep had not come easy the night before and the brilliantly white colt had found his mind to be tormented with the harsh whispers, the snide comments and rumors that so often filled his ears when others believed he couldn't hear them or was unaware of their presence. But he knew all too well for such a young one and that desire, that need to lash out against those who spoke ill against him and his family- to brawl and fight if necessary since the young colt was equipted well for combat and to deal a good lashing and thrashing to those who threatened him or needed to be silenced either temporary or permenantly.

Yet the thought to actually vanquish someone rarely crossed his mind; in all honesty Ezriel wasn't quite fond of the idea at the moment but, slowly, the darkness within his soul was slowly consuming him and his blood ran thick with that of that horrid, monster-mutant father of his of whom he didn't know personally and because of that he still lived.

If Reaper was to discover that his mother was alive along with three offspring, certain death would be the outcome although Glamrock and Korrine had hid them well and Ezriel didn't want to be found nor face his father.

That was something he wanted to avoid and never experience.

He had wandered away from Glamrock, his mother and siblings and stumbled off towards the forest witnhout looking back. There was something that stirred within Ezriel- something that made him want to retreat into the darkness and a part of him that sought blood, to kill and fight although the other half simply wanted to return back to safety and alongside his godmother, mother and siblings. Yet he grumbled slightly as that chilling, smooth voice echoed within his mind.

Follow it, feed it. Become what you are- you are his son. Make them pay for what they have said against you.

The colt gritted his teeth together and flicked his ears back as he romped towards the small stream and furrowed his brows with fury as his orbs, much like voids of nothingness and a lack of life, stared into his reflection.

"No." He flatly muttered as he thrashed his spiked tail behind him.

You cannot escape it.

"You don't control me," he hissed with an acidic tone, low and hushed.

The voice chuckled with a mild amusement. You are exactly like him and you underestimate what you will become. His blood flows through your veins.

Ezriel flared his nostrils as the battle between darkenss and light within became more intense. He may look like his father but Ezriel didn't want to be like him- be known because of him and his reputation. More than anything Ezriel wanted to be himself and not someone else but that was easier said then done. But he had heard enough.

Breaching upwards on his hind legs as his spiked tail thrashed behind him, the white colt slammed his front hooves within the wakes of the stream and yelled.

"I AM NOT LIKE HIM!"

He intook a deep breath and clawed within the stream with his cloven hooves and flared his nostrils once more. Shaking his head as his crimson mane whisped about, Ezriel gave a foul and distasteful frown as he gritted his teeth.

"I may be his flesh and blood but I will not be like him," he muttered to himself as the voice silenced- glancing around and slumping onto his haunches.

"I cannot be compared to him."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "The spirits be hunting you, pale one." A blue shape came slowly out of a thick grove of trees. "Ah be feelin' their prescence surroundin' ya but ya be strong... no be tormented by t' spirits here." She started mumbling something under her breath and a sweet cold breath of fresh hair seemed to sweep it's way into the clearing. The sharp filngers of the mountain air seemed to open the senses and clear the mind but it was small and would not last unless he used it for that moment to help push the spirits the rest of the way out. The mare stayed in the shadows but it was possible to pick out the bright red dreads and a few golden bangles clinked when she moved her head. She eyed him as she glanced around before speaking once more. "You be commin' alone? T' see me or just t' get away?"

X-Ronso-X
The rapture that plauged his mind became numb once again as the voice faded, ears perking upwards and flicking slightly back as he looked towards the shadowed figure whose voice had broke through the still silence all around him. Ezriel flread his nostrils yet as she spoke and mumbled a strange sensation seemed to wash over him, overcoming him as fragments of the pain seemed to be cleansed and washed away. But in all truth, that torment and 'evil spirit' was apart of him- a part that was foever engraved within him, a battle between light and dark that would never cease until either part would become extinguished and obliterated within him.

"Spirits," the pale colt repeated as he flicked his spiked tail to the side and gave a small, distateful frown. "I don't know what the hell it is or what they want from me. The only thing I know is that I'm not normal and if this one stallion finds me-" he clenched his maw as a heavy sigh escaped from his nostrils.

His mother, Korrine, nor his siblings ever mentioned or spoke about their father and the ordeal. Thankfully they had found refuge with the unicorn Glamrock and were protected yet, never the less, a sickening feeling churned within his stomach- one that could only assure that, whether they liked it or not, they would face their father and Ezriel, his siblings and mother would have stand against him and protect one anothers lives from such a brutish and twisted stallion. It troubled him and the voice within his head didn't help at all as it constantly urged him to let the darkness and his true self consume him but the thought of becoming like his father sickened him.

Ezriel did not want to become like him or have anything to do with him.

Reguarldess of flesh and blood, Ezriel didn't hold him with any respect or held any emotion for him- except for hate.

A hate that could forge him into something that was so powerful, so steadfast and unafraid- a soquili whose drive was to fight and protect those who he cared so deeply about. Yet that part of him had yet to be realized or fully awakened.

Shifting slightly as his eyes much like voids of nothingness peered towards her shadow figure. From what light seemed to drap from the boughs of the trees and the thick shadows, the pale colt could make out thick masses of mane and a few shimmers of gold. He hadn't met many soquilis and still wasn't quite familiar with where exactly he was yet he found himself intrigued and curious as to who who she was.

He gave a nod of his head and took several steps forward, lowering his head and giving another small nod as well as displaying the horns and spikes that adorned his head.

"I came alone," he spoke with a slightly gruff, somewhat hesitant voice that sought to remain strong. "I was...just trying to get away and clear my head. But no one can help me- no one understand what hell I go through and I'm...just so confused."

What was one suppose to do or how was one supopose to live when the enternal conflict was growing and becoming more tumultuious day by day? Those rumors, the ill words people spoke against his mother and siblings- they constantly bombarded his ears and left him enraged and sick of living in silence and letting others freely speak against them. He bore his fathers strength and his assertiveness (although he didn't show it) yet he also was blesssed with his mothers compassion and love.

But that voice- it challenged everthing he kne he was and attempted to persuade and chox him to be as savage and bloodthistry as his father.

Looking towards the mare in disguise, Ezrile flicked his ears slightly.

"Can....you help me?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I cann' lead ya down t' path o' t' spirits but ah be one who can show ya t' entrance. The spirits are strong around ya, they call for vengence?" The mare peered slightly to the side of him with her golden eyes, returning his dark one with a bright stare that seemed to pierce into his soul. She seemed to search him for answers and yet not intrusivly but more with an aura of curiosity and respect. "Ya be born under an unlucky star but that be not your fault and thus ya spirit remain clean. If ya keep the hounds at bay ya always be fighting them but sometimes it be better to cajole them in. T' trick them int' working for ya." Her eyes darkened at that moment and she released his gaze turning to the sky above as if choosing her words carefully. "But ya gotta be rememberin' that ya must be stronger than they before temptin' them for otherwise they be overtakin' ya." She shook her head slowly before muttering something else which seemed to lighten up the area slightly, the differance between a night with no moon to a full luna sphere. Takeing a few more steps forwards she came mostly into view. The stocky mare already stood as tall as he but seemed even more larger being rotund, her movements graceful but laboured, her pregnancy was showing. Malis' tusk showed in the pale light missmatched with its broken mate while her bangles clinked around her face. This was no ordinary mare and yet her exotic looks seemed to match her speech patterns and helt add to her mysterious aura. "So ya be lookin' for t' help? What help ya be lookin' for specifically, a vague path be better than no path but ya be learnin' better from a clear direction to be headin'"

X-Ronso-X
Vengence.

It was moreso a weapon which the young colt sought never to use unlike his father; a stallion whose lust for blood and heart of darkness seemed to consume and feed off of. Although he was said to look like Reaper the most compared to Meera and Dante, Ezriel knew that he never wanted to face the fiend on any given day. Oh how he wanted nothing to do with him or be like him! Yet there was a part of him- that voice, that whispered to him and spoke of weilding vengence and redeeming his family and his name.

But Ezriel wanted no part in it.

He wanted to be himself, he wanted to be normal yet those whispers and scorning remarks would never leave him at peace. Spirits or torment- Ezriel wanted the conflicted parts of him to entwine and peace to come. Yet such peace would take time to ever acquire or to experience- time which would not come until he had fought such malicious demons and his fears.

The pale colt snorted slightly as he flicked his spiked devil tail behind him. "Vengence- I don't want it. But something else, something within me wants it." His ears flicked slightly as his eerie, orbs of nothingness stared into the mares eyes.

"I guess I'll be battling these demons or spirits for a long time then, right? I mean- is there an end to all of this or do I have to go through hell and back to be 'normal'?"

It still had yet to make sense but, day by day, Ezriel was piecing the puzzle slowly together. He stood there, watching as the mare revealed herself. Tusks that peeked from out of her lower maw, an assortment of strange bangles, a mane that was thick and dreaded- even by her accent and jargon he knew that this was quite a diverse and unique soquili. He liked that; Unlike many who thought themselves prestine and 'better than the rest', Ezriel had come to hold a deeper respect for many that were rather strange and held their own identity after meeting with Tal. He had gained a better respect for himself and others that were out of the norm- being scary or strange was better than being normal.

For a moment, Ezriel knitted his brows and pursed his lips.

"I," he spoke low with a small flare of his nostrils, "I- I want help. I want to know what I can do...anything...just tell me what I need to know or what path to follow. It feels like there are two parts of me; a part of me like my mother and another just like....my father."

Reaper.

Their Father who was rarely spoken of and never mentioned- that horrid and haunting stallion who nearly killed their mother and left her dead but failed to realize that she was very much alive and with children. He didn't want to be like him or become something like him- but he was so conflicted, so confused!

"I don't want to hurt anyone...I don't want to be like him..." he admitted quietly as he glanced around.

"But there's something inside of me that wants me to- a voice. It's always there....and it can never be silenced."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Three paths be what ya lookin' for. Three, each wit' their own hazards and difficulties. Ya might already know what there be lyin' before ya on each o' those paths but it'll be hard which ever rout ya be takein'." The blue mare turned her head slightly to show the broken tusk and eyed him slightly. "Ya might loose somethin' precious to ya, a part o' ya own beain' but it be worth it in t' end." Looking up to the sky, the troll's voice almost seemed to echo within it'self, as if she breathed the wisdom of the spirits. "Ya mother has a great strength within her, this be givin' you t' power t' take on t' spirits that be hauntin' you. She embodies one o' t' paths, one o' gentleness and protection. T' path not be one o' weakness, t' have t' determination t' face what ever be against ya be one o' t' hardest paths. Follow that path an ya may be fightin' t' darker ones until ya lay under t' earth." Malis lowered her voice and stared at the pale stallion with a sharp glare. "T' other path be of destruction, embodied by t' father ya be despisin'. This be t' easiest path t' travel down but will be commin' wit' t' hardest price t' bare. Ah be promicin' ya, if ya be followin' down t' path o' hate, ya will loose ya family. Even by hatin' ya father, by loathin' an' cursin' his name, ya be followin' down his path." She paused and let her words sink in. The third choice would be the hardest one to follow, but the rewards for walking down such a fine line were only reserved for those with the strongest of wills.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:43 am
Making a great escape elsewhere - Malis and Ezriel (part 2)

X-Ronso-X
Ezriel silenced and listened, ears perked upwards as his spaded, spiked devil tail swayed behind him and his breaths were quite.

There were three paths which the mare spoke of; three individual and unique paths that would all bear their trials of hardships, torment and strength which would require a sacrifice of something yet, in the end, it would lead to rewards and an end to the torment that wracked his soul- or so he hoped.

As she mentioned his mothers own strength and will, her gentleness and sense of protection that emodied itself within his own soul, the pale colt eyes widened slightly. How the mare knew of this was beyond him and only the conclusion could be drawn of the mare being able to speak and converse with the spirits and draw in their own logic seemed right since, from what he knew, there were some individuals that were gifted and set apart from others.

Studying the given description of the first path, Ezriel silently pondered.

He wasn't weak and he knew he could find the determination within the face whatever would come his way and, from what the blue mare spoke of, it would be the hardest to tread upon. But the part that spoke of the possibility of having to brawl and fight against those of a darker nature until he laid to rest within the earth did not appeal all too well. Ezriel wanted to fight several times and be done with it- to no longer be bothered and be able to stand on his own and define himself as one who could not be taken down or obliterated. There was a part of him like his father which convinced himself that he would stop at nothing yet violence wasn't the reason nor revenge.

Ezriel would stop at nothing to protect those he loved and his family.

Hearing of the second path only caused the ghost-like colt to surpress a shudder and grit his teeth slightly. Yet the mare spoke true: if Ezriel was to continue hating and cursing his father for what he had done to his mother then he was following his fathers own footsteps which would certainly lead eventually to bloodlust, revenge and a savage nature which, sooner or later, would lead to his downfall and the loss of his own family. No! No! He didn't want that! He couldn't let himself lose his family. The colt gave a nod and exhaled a breath through his nostrils.

But there was one more path.

As her words continued to rummage through his mind and awaken his true thoughts, Ezriel tilted his head slightly.

"And what about the third path?" He asked low as he stared into her golden eyes. "Is that the toughest one?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The blue made nodded solemnly her dreads clinking forwards to cover her face for the moment. Ignoring them she pawed a gilded hoof on the ground to draw a line. There she drew two symbols on either side, one looked like the wind, or water, flowing down the line that she had drawn the longer symbol ending at a swirl that seemed to continue down forever within it'self. The other symbol was drawn across the line almost, it was jagged and harsh. Even in it's simple state it was easy to see that it was a symbol for violence, the essance of it looking like a pointed weapon. Then she spoke, watching his face through her long thick dreads. "Those be ya three paths, one o' kindness and one o' war. T' center line be t' balance o' both. It be not t' tall oak, hard with rocky strength that be survivein' t' harshest gales, it be t' lithe willow, which bends an' sways with t' wind that would otherwise be tarin' it apart."

Malis took a few more steps forward and gestured towards a willow that was near by. "The Willow be a softer wood, but it be havin' thick, strong roots. In t' roots, creatures be livin' and growin'. In t' thin branches, life, from t' sun, travels down to t' rest of t' tree. When the winds of vengance be blowin' all furious and violent, t' willow will bend with t' anger, will accept it's strength an' yet not be passin' it's destruction down towards t' roots. This be how ya can walk t' fine line between, and how ya will learn to not be plagued by t' spirits within."

X-Ronso-X
With orbs of nothingness, Ezriel watched carefully as the blue mare began to glide her hoof upon the ground as she drew a line- watching her as she began to draw two symbols on either side. It was strange but although he did furrow his crimson brows slightly, the young colt continued to watch.

For a few moments he stared at the symbols- one trail seemed to flow with a design that could be compared to the wind or a flowing stream of water while the other one seemed tumultious and jagged with another adorning symbol that looked like a fearsome horn or spike. And as she spoke, he listened. There were three paths- three separate paths: kindness, balance and war. The middle line, balance seemed to stick out to him and, silently, something within him churned and stirred within him. Inside he was conflicted- he knew it and couldn't deny it as the inner battle between light and dark raged on unceasingly.

Balance.

Ezriel needed to find balance amongst both sides and learn to weild them.

Before he could open his maw, the pale colt watched as the mare gestured towards the lone willow. He nodded his head- noting the symbollism and significance of a willow as it was commonly know that the willow wasn't quite the strongest of trees but, somehow, it seemed to surpass any destruction or devastation and seemed to bend and not break against the powers of the elements and its surroundings.

He glanced from the willow back to her and sighed through his nostrils, a hoof pawing at the ground.

"Balance....that's what I need to find. But- how can I find it? What do I do? Sometimes the urges and their whispers are so strong that I feel...so powerless and I obey. I don't want to be like my father- I want to be me! But it gets harder and harder to repress them." His ears flicked slightly downwards as he bit his lower lip, tail swaying low as his emotions stirred within him.

But he clenched his jaws and closed his eyes momentarily, flaring his nostrils as the internal struggle seemed to gripe at his heart and gnash upon his own innards.

Ezriel winced but exhaled with a strong snort, relaxing slightly and trying to regain himself.

"How do I begin?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The troll took a deep breath and shifted her weight, her foals were kicking and she maneuvered herself to take the preasure off her side for a moment. "T' next time ya be feelin' t' anger rise within' ya need t' ride it. Use t' power but channel it t' good not evil. Run hard, climb t' high places, find some way t' be usin' t' energy wit'out lettin' ya be destructive." She stared at the pale stallion and captured he gaze with her own. "It be very hard t' first time ya let yourself be immersed in t' anger. Remember, rocks be inanimate, they be not with feelin'. Attack if ya must t' first time but direct ya attacks with construction in mind. Concentrate on healin' t' wound within ya soul that be creatin' t' rift and lettin' t' evil spirits in." She smiled then, her tusk glinting in the half light. "It might be takin' years befor ya find true peace but by usin' t' energy it not be buildin' up. As long as t' evil spirits not be growin' within' then ya won't be holding it in until ya explode without control. Let t' evil out with great control and ya will be master over t' spirits and n'ere be plagued by them again."

X-Ronso-X
Ezriel shifted his weight slightly from each hoof and knited his brows. This power- the darkness within him which conflicted with the light was powerful yet she was advising him to channel it to something else? The small colt pursed his lips slightly, white ears flicking as his empty orbs simply looked towards the blue mare while he gave a nod of his head.

"Channel it- channel it for good," the young foal repeated to himself. It seemed strange and something that would in turn help him but there were temptations, urges and desires that tried to get the upperhand in his emotions and his lust for the darkness, for power and to feed the rage within. Yes- he knew of it well and it was something, a part of him, that the young colt wished not to unlock or let loose.

Her words seemed to fill his mind with ideas and ways to avoid such a haphazard mistake of letting such powerful urges and darkness get the better of him. Running, climbing, anything to exhert and use up the energy without inflicting harm or pain to another.

Even the idea of causing harm to another bewildered him. No, Ezriel couldn't do such a thing! He wouldn't let himself fall so deep and so low! He couldn't, No- he wouldn't let himself become the stallion his father was. But saying such a thing was easy- it was the effort and the resistance to such a tangible possibility which made him cringe and his stomach churn. For too long the words of others had been heard- those remarks of his looks, his family, and everything. He was so sick of them! A part of him wanted to silence them, prove them wrong and let the inner rage and power become unleashed but even the young colt was aware that such a response would leave to severe consequences and penalties. It wasn't worth it but intimidation and striking fear into their hearts seemed reasonable as to silence them from ever speaking ill about his family ever again. Yet the light inside rebuked and made him rethink such a decision most of the time.

If only Ezriel knew that such a conflict would only become more dire and offensive within himself.

The worst was yet to come.

Again he nodded his head, pursing his lips slightly as he listened. Concentrate- focus. He could do this but the length of time that it would take only caused him to give a grim expression.

"Years? I don't want it to take years. I...want to get rid of it faster, for good. There has to be another way, right? This can't be the only way," he grimmaced, a distateful scowl curling upon the edge of his maw as he shook his head as a lone tear escaped from his voidless eye and trailed down from his face.

"I can't live like this...." he muttered to himself, again shaking his head and closing his eyes as a sigh escaped from out of his nostrils.

Years.

There had to be some other way, right? Something else? Was there anyone or anything that could cleanse him from the darkness that abided within him? Ezriel clenched his teeth and tensed, holding back his emotions and pressing them farther back as it was a side of him he never let anyone see and a part of him that he kept locked away.

"Can't I do anything else? Any cures? Anyone else with a f@#!ing clue or ability to just make this stop?"

Temper, Temper!

He cringed instantly, closing his eyes again and even tighter as he winced. Pain, pain caused by the unseen began to shoot through his mind. The voice within, that chilling and haunting voice, returned.

I'm afraid she can't help you. No one can, it replied with a sweetly acidic tone. You have yet to learn of what you will become and what you will destroy or will it destroy you before you can destroy it?

"Stop it," Ezriel snarled subconciously to the unheard voice that plauged his mind.

Kill, main, rip, shred, maul, disembowl- you will become like him and you will follow in his steps. Let me teach you, let me help you.

"I will not become the stallion my father is!" He suddenly yelled outloud, snapping his jaws together as his ears fell back and he lowered his head as his eyes felt unworthy to look upon the mare in front of him or anything. He stood there, holding back the tears and the frustration.

He was strong.

Ezriel wouldn't let himself cry.

He was better than that.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Quick! Kick out behind you! Now! Kick!" Malis suddenly jumped forward staring behind the white stallion with a ferocious look. "Quick! Run! This Way!" She shot out instructions like lightning, not even waiting for his responses. The troll stomped her hoof to emphisize the urgency and shattered a mold ridden log that had been laying underfoot. The loud crack echoed through the forest and caused a large flock of birds to take flight. As if that was the signal, Malis took off, darting between the closely knit trees and thundering through the undergrowth. Even large with child she was still nimble on her feet, years of hunting and physical contests a boon in her gravid state. She glanced back to see if he was following before slowing down slightly, making sure she didn't cause any undue stress to her children. Her stamina and size helped keep up the pace but the troll was sure his younger and lighter body would have no trouble following her, even if he might be worn out when finished.

The blue mare felt the cadence of hooves beat in time with her heart and she slowed her breathing in time, almost flowing into a trance-like state where her mind flew faster than her feet ever could. In this state of fight or flight, the flight had already been chosen, leaving the fight behind. This was the first step she hoped to teach him; to use the energy that wanted to fight into strength that pounded the ground as they raced through the trees. To use the beating of hooves as a focus to re-align the mind and re-gain control. For the more control he gained over the dark spirits of anger, the less he would need to run just to achieve balance. With determination Malis was sure he would gain control quicker than he thought, especially as he had something clear to him to be protected by his body and soul.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:01 am
Making a great escape elsewhere - Malis and Ezriel (part 3)

X-Ronso-X
At the mares sudden exclamation and didn't hesitate. The small colt thrust all of his weight to his front hooves and kicked out behind him, powerfully as his cloven hooves felt nothing yet he didn't seem to question such a command given by her. But before he could even speak, he was told to run quickly and, again, without hesitation or a need to argue Ezriel began following her. He darted and weaved between the thick, gnarly trees and through the rugged undergrowth as his void-less orbs narrowed and locked upon the peculiar blue mare.

Already with the exhertion of such a great amount of energy, Ezriel bit his lower lip and tried to ignore the pain while his energy felt depleted. But he was stronger than that and giving up was not an option. The pale-white colt continued as he tried to breathe steady and deep.

His mind seemed to reel as questions seemed to litter his train of thought and that all too familiar sickly and dark sensation of the demon within seemed to douse over him but the effect simply dissipated and it was gone. If only the small colt had realized that the anger and hatred of riled emotions had not been fed and the darkness within left with nothing to feed off of that the beast was made useless and slithered away in defeat back within the deepest part of his mind. For at this moment, darkness was slowly beginning to taste the foul and sour taste of defeat.

Catching up to the mare, Ezriel continued with steady, deep breaths as he did manage to pant slightly once or twice. "What- what happened?" Was something after them? Did they really run from something? Ezriel didn't know but only knew one thing from that 'experience'.

"That used up all of my energy...I'm so tired..."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Suddenly Malis halted, standing still in the now quiet forest. At the stallions exclamation she eyed him. "Shhh... can ya be hearin' it?" The only sound was the beating of their hearts and the wind whispering secret knowledge through the trees. The troll kept her eyes on him, sensing the small change in his temperament. She could feel the difference in the atmosphere and smiled to herself, sure he could feel it too. "Fight or flight, that be the choice you make. If ya be feelin' t' need to fight you have to choose. Flight does not mean you are weak. Flight does not mean you are a coward. Flight gives you the opportunity to choose your battles. To save that energy for when it is truly needed to protect the ones you love. There will be moments when you may need to call upon the forces within your being but by gaining control over the darker energies." It was then the pale stallion might realize that Malis was speaking a little more 'normal', her usual gruff accent changing to a low melodic chant. The troll smiled knowingly, her bright red eyes flashing in the dim light of the grove before she spoke once more in her regular tones. "Ya be understandin' how t' use ya own strengths for t' protection o' t' ones ya be lovin'?"

X-Ronso-X
Crimson brows knitted as the mare spoke, the young colt falling silent as his ears flicked forward and he too began to listen. He could hear his heart beating, pattering against his chest, while the winds seemed to whisper its knowledge and still, small advice as rustled the leaves of the trees and whistled through boughs and thickets. The change in the atmosphere made him more aware as he listened closely- trying to piece together whatever was being spoken of by such an unseen entity or invalid that he could have sworn was speaking right into his ear.

Again his attention focused upon the blue mare as his eyes widened slightly, his tail carefully wrapping around him as his head tilted slightly. It was making sense- Ezriel was slowly beginning to piece together the mystery of what darkness and demons laid havoc within him.

The knowledge that every battle didn't have to be fought still had yet to settle fully within his mind but, soon, he would learn of what it truly meant. But yet perhaps the darkness within him wasn't all bad? Like the mare had said, he needed to harness the energy and use it for his own rather than letting himself succumb to a pawn of the consuming darkness. It was settling well with him and the small colt nodded his head, focused upon her as her tone held a more 'normal' and soothing tone that seemed to clear through his ears and mold itself within his memory.

"Yeah," he softly spoke, reserved and rather calm as he narrowed his void-less, black orbs towards her bright red eyes. "I..I think I know what to do and how to control this. I just- I just have to control it," Ezriel gave a nod of his head as his small, whispy crimson mane shook along with his head.

His brows knitted slightly as he pawed at the ground with a small cloven hoof, looking upwards.

"Who are you?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ah be one who seeks wisdom in t' leaves o' t' trees. There be many like us and t' listen be t' best way to garner that information." She made a small bow and watched him with bright red eyes. "Ah be one known as Malis Delnaria an' Ah be hailin' from far away in Ogrimmar. Ah be travelin' towards t' Kawani lands t' learn about ya cultures but ah 'ave found a home among ya people. Ah be one o' t' few trolls around here though there may be a few more arriving soon." She smiled knowingly and motioned towards her large belly. "There be nothing like t' important task o' takin' care o' someone who means a lot to ya t' teach ya the greatest lessons in life. Ya be lucky in that ya already 'ave t' ones who make ya life meaningful. Take care o' them, they be ya temperance and balance within ya." The troll nodded once more and flicked her tail, making the bangles around her dreads clink together. She didn't ask for his name, knowing that he would probably answer that question given time.

X-Ronso-X
The small colt seemed to stand in wonder as his ears perked upwards and his maw seemed to gape slightly. So she sought wisdom? Perhaps she was more like a proclaimed individual part of a herd that could speak and heed the spirits and all living things with an ability to listen, to speak and learn from them. Again Ezriel seemed to tilt his head slightly, somewhat confused but in a way seemed to understand everything that she was saying even if she did have a strange accent and speech that flooded his ears.

"Malis from Ogrimmar," he mused with a low, reserved tone. "Uh- welcome to...wherever this is? I'm not use to these parts so I don't even know where we are but I hope you learn what you're trying to understand about us." As she motioned towards her belly, he gave a small smile, nodding as his small, tapered mane of crimson whisped about.

Again the small colt listened, crimson brows knitting as he nodded.

It was true. Ezriel did have those in his life who made his life meaningful and full of purpose and love and as well as those who created such opposite and sour emotions. That sense of a desire to take care of them and to be with them seemed to course strongly through his veins and embedded itself within his mind. He was blessed while, at the same time, cursed with the mirror image of his father as well as the darkness that abode within his small body. But that was something that he would learn to control and overcome with time- or so he hoped.

The more he thought about his family and how much they did mean to him, the more the desire to return home etched at his mind and his heart. Ezriel nodded, looking up towards the troll. "Thanks Malis- I-I think I should be heading home to be with my mom and siblings. She's probably worried," the colt bit his lower lip, pivoting about for several moments until he turned around.

"I'm Ezriel- it was...nice to meet you," he added with a small smile as he turned around once again and began making his way back home. Hopefully his mother wouldn't be too worried or he'd never hear the end of it.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ezriel, that be a strong name and bodes well. Ah thank ya for ya welcome, ah be already learnin' about many things, even ya be one t' teach a little more." She smiled genuinely this time, more like a mothers smile than the grins she had previously echoed. Her eyes grew a little softer and she made a low bow. "It be a pleasure to meet ya Ezriel. If ya ever need someone t' talk just look out for t' troll. There be a zombie wolf who ya can leave a message, she be one t' let me know all she sees. Take care, Ezriel, protector of t' Dark One and Siblings." She reached behind her and tugged off a bangle that was on one of her lower tail dreads. "Take this t' remind ya of ya dedication." With that she melted back into the shadows of the deepening night as quietly as she had shown up, all he had left was the golden bangle with odd markings wrapped around them, similar to the ones that were tattooed onto her body and face.

~La Fin~

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces