Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
What are your veiws on partial birth abortion ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

well?
  for
  against
View Results

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:21 pm
I'm willing to adopt. I know and I don't care how bad the paperwork and hell is to get it done too.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:10 am
I've already stated that if i want chidren I am adopting and yes I'm fully aware of the difficulties.

and you know what I'm doing for that? NOT HAVING ******** KIDS. DUH.

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Manji-luo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:20 am
after reading the first post, i feel both enlightened, and disgusted on the subject gonk

normally i'm against abortion. i decided to go against abortion because one of my friends i made up here in college was nearly aborted. i can't even begin imagine how things would've been different if i had never met her sweatdrop

but hearing about how they do that is just plain messed up. the baby is being born! it's not still "unliving" just because half of its body is outside of his (or her) mother's womb. and a baby isn't unliving if they're inside their mother's womb and giving vital signs of life.

i'm not thinking of children's rights entirely here. i'm thinking of everyone's God-given right to live. killing a child through this partial abortion way is just plain ******** up Dx i think Congress made a good decision on this matter. if someone wanted to get an abortion, there are much better ways of doing it than brutally destroying the child as its being born  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:26 am
Manji-luo
after reading the first post, i feel both enlightened, and disgusted on the subject gonk

normally i'm against abortion. i decided to go against abortion because one of my friends i made up here in college was nearly aborted. i can't even begin imagine how things would've been different if i had never met her sweatdrop

but hearing about how they do that is just plain messed up. the baby is being born! it's not still "unliving" just because half of its body is outside of his (or her) mother's womb. and a baby isn't unliving if they're inside their mother's womb and giving vital signs of life.

i'm not thinking of children's rights entirely here. i'm thinking of everyone's God-given right to live. killing a child through this partial abortion way is just plain ******** up Dx i think Congress made a good decision on this matter. if someone wanted to get an abortion, there are much better ways of doing it than brutally destroying the child as its being born

yeah, but that's NOT what the majority of late-term abortions are used for.

you should check my post on page uuuum...five? i think... sweatdrop  

WastelandMama
Crew

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 am
teh sexiful nerdy
I've already stated that if i want chidren I am adopting and yes I'm fully aware of the difficulties.

and you know what I'm doing for that? NOT HAVING ******** KIDS. DUH.

okay, but what if you didn't know you were pregnant?

my cousin kat is 7 months along and just figured out she's having a baby because she kept having her period every single month like normal ((which is weird, but it happens in some women)).

or, and this is a weird one, but what about that scary guy who was keeping girls in his "sex dungeon"? i mean, had i been a girl down there, and repeatedly raped and tortured and came up pregnant, i'd have an abortion even if i was in the 8th month. and i don't care if that sounds selfesh or not, i could NOT live with the day to day reminder of having my rapist's baby. and even if i gave it up for adoption, there's still that three month period where your body readjusts after giving birth, and i wouldn't be able to handle that, either.

in any case, these aren't done all willy-nilly. its a serious, difficult decision made between a woman and her doctor.

which is the way i think it should be kept. 3nodding

crap, now i'm involved. sweatdrop alrighty, i'm staying out of this thread after this post! promise!! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:35 am
bluegrass cat
Manji-luo

yeah, but that's NOT what the majority of late-term abortions are used for.

you should check my post on page uuuum...five? i think... sweatdrop
it was on page 6, but i found it 3nodding that's rather insightful, and i didn't know that. however, it still seems pretty gross. mourning over a dead baby when the brain was sucked right out of it. i can't even begin to imagine how that would look. it jsut seems like it'd disturb me for the rest of my life >_< if i was in that situation, i'd rather go through all the work of labor and find that the baby died in labor than to have the doctor desecrate the body of my child so it'll come out easier. the whole idea of it just makes me sick =(  

Manji-luo

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:35 am
Partial abortions illegal aye? This could be a step closer to total abortion being illegal.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:43 am
you might be right. you never know in this kind of world  

Manji-luo

GracieLou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:09 am
teh sexiful nerdy

Think about it; if its not a baby, why are you aborting it?

you're not aborting. you're removing a growing clump of cells that has the possibility of growing into a viable fetus, and then eventually a child. think about it? we remove growing clumps of cells all the time - cancer, tumors, moles, cysts, the list is pretty much endless.

teh sexiful nerdy

Also, if its threatening the mother's life, the most selfish thing she could do is to save herself. She's had a chance at life, the baby hasn't. Let the baby live.

there is nothing physically tying the mother or father to support and take care of the child after birth; it could always be abandoned. the baby is not a self-sufficient being until the point of viability, and if the mother is likely to die before that point, then the child is not likely to survive for long beyond the mother. also, if the child should survive, it is likely they will have severe birth defects, both mental and physical. if the child cannot do well without the mother, then how can you say the mother is expendable for the child's sake?

if y'all haven't figured it out yet, i'm pro-choice (not pro-abortion, do not confuse the two). i'm not trying to sound cold and heartless in my explaination of things, really i'm not. emotion will play a big part in any decision made, whether it's about abortion or not. i don't think abortion should be used a method of birth control, but accidents happen and not all sitauations are one that a child should be brought into. i, myself, have never had one, and i don't know if i ever could. i don't know what my situation and life will be like in the future, and i'd like to have all options open to consider when i need to make a decision about things. i do plan to have kids someday.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:14 am
teh sexiful nerdy
Iconised Ghost
teh sexiful nerdy
All abortion is disgusting. All abortion is murder.

Think about it; if its not a baby, why are you aborting it?

Because of what it is going to become? Because you can't support it? Because of incestuous rape? Mothers have lots of reasons

I didn't know that you couldn't have it done even if it was life threatenting. That sounds a bit crazy

Put the child up for adoption. Duh.

And no its rational. If its like threatening that doesn't mean you should brutaly murder your baby.

for some women who are raped, carrying a pregancy to full term can be very detrimental. she could suffer sever depression, even try killing herself.  

GracieLou

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:20 am
Anyone wanting me to move this to Extended Discussion?

Or should we leave it where it is? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:24 am
Shazbot_the_Pirate

D: or you could get on msn and i could do things to your body you never thought possible?  

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50

SecondBanana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:25 am
NeonKitty
Shazbot_the_Pirate

D: or you could get on msn and i could do things to your body you never thought possible?

O_o Thats an odd answer O_o  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:25 am
bluegrass cat
i'm not involving myself in an online debate about abortion because its highly unlikely that whatever anyone says here will change anyone else's opinion, and its rather akin to peeing up a pole, imho.

however, i would like to put the following info out there:

the term "partial-birth abortion" is NOT the correct medical term. its actually a term created by a pro-life republican congressman to characterize ALL late-term abortions, of which there are several kinds.

late-term abortions were, even before this new law, NOT performed on normal, healthy mothers with normal, healthy fetuses but ONLY on those who either discovered a severe abnormality ((like clover-leaf syndrome)) in the child too late OR when the baby was already dead.

the whole "brain suction" part is only so that the baby's head will collapse and pass through the cervix. it is NOT done to kill the baby, since the baby is already dead at that point anyway. ((even when the mother wasn't carrying a dead fetus and its instead done to terminate a child with an abnormality, its all handled BEFORE the actual extration part begins.))

late-term abortions are 1.4% of all abortions performed.

the original reason that late-term abortions were created was so that the mother did not have to go into actual labor to expell a dead fetus, and so the parents would have a body to mourn over ((previous methods included cutting the fetus into pieces for easier extration)).

and finally, no respectable doctor who wishes to keep his medical lic. will perform a late-term abortion without A REALLY GOOD MEDICAL REASON.

in other words, ho's don't run around getting them for shits and giggles.

that is all. heart

EDIT:

i also forgot.

for all the cries of "BUT IT COULD BE ADOPTED!!!" i'd like to put out there that there are currently over 500,000 kids in america's foster care/adoption program. and of those children in the programs, only 16% are actually adopted.

so, what are YOU doing to help those kids?

((and i'm probably sticking my foot in this debate sortof, but oh well.))

i think anyone who says "OMG IT COULD BE ADOPTED!!!" shouldn't say it unless THEY'RE willing to adopt, and lemme tell ya, its not easy.

my sister is currently trying to adopt because she can't have kids ((they've tried four times with fertility treatments)), and OMG the paperwork and the classes and the investigations and the interviews are CRAZY! sweatdrop

thank you for saying this. i would've liked to have said it myself, but i don't really have the time to go researching it all.. thank you.  

GracieLou

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:26 am
SecondBanana
NeonKitty
Shazbot_the_Pirate

O_o Thats an odd answer O_o
*wriggles tail all sexy like at you* wink  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas