Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Role Play What You're Wearing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 am
(( Kusa: Hehe, yeah, I'm afraid I may have cast myself too much as the lead. I'm hoping to just get my character to push people forward and then fade into the background as kind of a helper, myself. Observing is probably the best thing to do right now. you get to be the group's resident stalker. yay! =D ))

Falana leaned over and grabbed a bowl of assorted nuts that was sitting on the bar, with a nod to the barkeeper, then began munching on some almonds. "This is the age of information. Medieval times were worse. Some places the streets themselves were so full of sewage and corpses and so many rats that you couldn't even get out of your house to get the groceries. 1348, I think was the year. Black Death. Horrible stench. Made me want to die all over again," she commented simply, putting a walnut between her thumb and middle finger, then she snapped and the shell flew off. Popping the nut into her mouth she added, "One good thing was I learned to shell nuts by snapping my fingers that year." Her eyes went hard and distant for a moment as her thoughts turned to the past, but the moment passed quickly.

"Right. Present. Age of information. Wait, who's Colonel Desantos? Would anyone mind filling me in on the current political and economic situation of the world, I've uh... not been around for a while."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:15 am
((actually resident stalker might be the thread's creator ^_^

If the opportunity arises I have a Gaia avi here to use given the prominence of the gods you infused the new story line with Kerri. So I'm biding my time and looking for a good move. Which provides time to toy with character/avi ideas.

Glad you are enjoying the thread ))  

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:50 pm
Roland sighed at the mention of Desantos' name. "Ah yeah, he's been a thorn in my side for quite some time. He's a military hot-shot who thinks that the only people out there that own weapons should be military personnel. Therefore anyone he finds on the street that isn't military and has any weapon is in deep trouble."

With that, he activated the holographic keyboard on his headset computer, and began typing in front of him as if he was sitting at a desk. Seeing that the incoming call was just from the person who was not very pleased with Roland for canceling the kill, he hit the ignore button. "Wait a second... how the hell did he get this number? I never give this one out, I only give employers the number to whatever pay-as-you-go phone I have at the time... This could be trouble."

After a bit, he made the keyboard go away and said "My apologies, had a brief bit of business to deal with."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:04 pm
Cornelius nodded knowingly, "He sits at the head of a large military outfit that 'protects' this city from bandits... mercenaries..." He made the quotations gesture again before trailing off. "Some call him a savior, others a tyrant. It's been the subject of quite a bit of turmoil and controversy for the last decade. Someone's pulling a string or two somewhere, though... Else he wouldn't still have a hand in the political goings on around this troubled place."

Cornelius sat back and placed one hand on the table. The surface of his skin rippled lightly before the entire part sagged into liquid state. Then he reached forward with the other hand and 'molded' the puddle into a small glass. "Pardon me for being so forthcoming, but..." He turned away from the table and called to the serving wench. "Excuse me, miss. My table need beverages. Myself especially. I'll have a pitcher of your cleanest water please." Turning back to the group, "Now then. Drinks? Ladies? Gentleman?" He brushed his hair behind his ear again as a strange thought crossed his mind. "The troubled look on the mercenary's face... and the hardened, ghastly look on Falana's already pale face. There's got to be something afoot that I'm not privy to yet..."  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:23 pm
"Ah yes, of course. Drinks. Why else would you come to a bar?" Roland said, then turned to the waitress and said "I need a beer. Don't care what kind, as long as it's alcoholic."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:32 pm
"Same for me. A good beer really would hit the spot right about now," Cadhla told the waitress, turning back to the group.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:04 pm
((Well then you are correct, Elcia. xD But the other stalker is Kusa. >.> <.< Also, I think that you joining in and adding to the element of the gods would be splendid. Here's a note about Falana's connection to the gods. I'll do it in white in case people don't want to spoil anything for themselves.
>>Falana herself is one sixteenth god, her great great grandfather being Hermes. Her slight godhood is what allows her to be a surrogate messenger for the gods. Hermes uses her to deliver messages to humans and gods of other religions (Hermes and Thor in particular don't get along very well, something about Thor losing a bet..) She was murdered a long time ago and just wants to go back to the realm of the dead and rest for all eternity, but her concentration of god-blood is strong enough that she'll never really rest in the afterlife, and she has more power than any ghost and many mages (when she's actually rested), but gods (like Hermes) can still control her completely because she's mostly human.<<
I dunno if that does anything for you, but I just figured if you're going to include a god/gods then you might want to know what's going on with the gods and Falana.))

"A whole bottle of whiskey for me," Falana told the woman with a smile. "Whichever brand you've got that has the highest alcohol content. If whiskey doesn't have a high enough alcohol content, and 70% is my minimum, rum or moonshine will be acceptable as well. And if you serve any food, I'll have some. I'm not picky at all, choose your favourite for me, I like to try new things." A shadow of doubt passed over her face after placing the order, and she whispered to Cadhla, asking, "do people accept gold pieces as currency nowadays?"

Turning to the group, Falana flashed an unexpectedly shy and embarrassed smile. "Excuse me for my ignorance. What country are we in? And what year is it? When I get sent to do a mission, I'm sent there immediately, with me left none the wiser as to where or when I am. I know this is the present because my aura is synced up, but I... I don't know when the present is. I hadn't heard of a Colonel ...Daysantoes?" she stumbled over the unfamiliar name, "the last time I was in the present, so I must have been gone at least ten years. Not a hundred, or everything would have changed more, but...." her voice trailed off. Her face looked young and vulnerable, but her eyes were weighted with the knowledge and pain of the ages. She distracted herself by cracking open two nuts at once with her strange snapping technique, and juggling them in one hand before popping them into her mouth, her eyes lowered. "So Colonel Daytoes is a nuisance to mercenaries and anyone who has a weapon here? I imagine that's not going over well with some people."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:18 pm
Amidst the outskirts of the area the group was in there was a waterfall in a secluded area. In this waterfall a radiant glow came from the water and out of the water came a creature, a man with long white hair that seemingly glowed a bit in three colors layering each other, red under green and green under white. He rose up and looked around at the world that surrounded him, taking in the things he had never seen before, things he never knew.

He looks at his hands before finally paying attention to the water he was in. He takes a deep breath of the warm mist the waterfall sprayed about before advancing towards the small banks of land, and as he got there he found a suit of armor and clothing in a seemingly abandoned heap in front of a tree. He gets closer and shivers at the temperature finally finding what temperature was in this environment and in a bit of a crawl goes up to the armor and places his hands on it.

Upon placing his hands on the armor he gained visions of people slamming hammers into the metals of the armor and hot fires among the area, after this he sees violent imaging of the armor withstanding harsh blows from various weapons only to leave the cold metals hard and still. After the visions left the man could do nothing more then breath heavily before he started working with the clothes and armor til they all fit in place.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o167/Viral_C/Nothing.png

(I still need to get the pieces together before changing to that avi razz but i'll have them soon)

walking forward in the new armor towards the town the group was in he comes across a sword stabbed into the ground, he goes up to the blade curiously and grabs the hilt and instantly his head was filled with images of violence from the weapon being cut into people and creatures cutting through bone and flesh. sending him back a few steps he could hear a mysterious voice in his head

"Of all things one can create, This will be dreamed of but never as much used."

with this he grabs the blade and picks it up looking at the blade a bit before putting it in its scabbard. The man looks back at the waterfall and the voice speaks again

"What does the water hit harder? the banks? or the people on the beach?"

He walks away from the scene and looks at all the wildlife that seemed to pay him no attention, as if he didn't even exist. The man walks into the town and walks among its streets with people looking at him and laughing, gestures he couldn't understand and could only question. People told him his dress was strange and was meant for something that was apparently in a time called October and was meant for alternative dress he guessed. Others gave him strange names and seemed often aggressive in their meanings.

at one point a stranger throws a bit of food at the man laughing at him for his looks and telling him to cut his hair, how does respond to this? With a sigh this man continued on and with a bit of luck some odd looking younger people gave him praise for his looks in which he could only question the sanity of such people to have such differing instances just among age.

With a tilt of the head the man in armor ignored the outward gestures of the people around him and took note of a red octagon posted at the end of a street that had white lettering on it, upon further examination he approached the sign and ran his hand across the word and upon this a force seemingly forced him back and fell over but upon hitting the ground it seemed his reality twisted around him and the ground fell out and jumped him back to his feet but as he looked around everyone was gone, everything was quiet and empty in the town.

Well, one can't question a reality they've never been in nor a dimension they've never known. With this the man set off alone as papers and wind flew by as he walked around in a different world than he saw before, as he walked he could hear the voice again

"The only question to be asked here is, is this what could be? or what will be?"

Eventually the man walked into a bar and saw all the tables and chairs around the room. as he saw all the drinks that had layers of dust on them like the area around them. As the man looked he noticed a light outside belonging to a machine hanging from a pole, it shined green and the man raised his hand and the green light stretched forward and took him in in a way like a vacuum of wind sucking him in. Lights went through the area around him and before he could catch is breath he found himself standing in the bar as the door rang a bell as it closed behind him, He was back in the previous world he had been and everyone walked around obviously not seeing what he saw.

The man breathed a bit and walked in a bit as people whispered amongst themselves about his clothes and looks. the man looks around at a typical environment til his eyes got caught looking upon Falana and Cadhla and the people around them who compared to the people around them were seemingly dressed just as far fetched as he apparently was.  

Red Glacier

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:20 am
((The thread has died for a while. razz Time to get it started again. Roland doesn't have internet till the 13th, by the way guys.

V, no one here knows what to do with or make of your post. The members of the RP have been talking, and we think we're going to ignore it. It doesn't fit in with what plot we have forming so far, and we can't figure out a way to work with it. I know that Roland, Pisces and I have been looking forward to a good RP for a while, maybe Cadhla too, but your post kind of killed the RP because we just can't see what to do with it. Sorry about this. The character you have seems pretty unique and could be fun to play, but we just... don't think it works for this RP. So we're ignoring your post.

Please don't get mad at me, it was the group's decision. I'm just the one saying it.))

The waitress took the group's orders with an odd expression on her face, overhearing the conversations going on at the table, but as she sauntered off to fill their orders, she shrugged it off. The familiarity and comfort of repetitive tasks - such as waitressing - were soothing enough to calm the discomfort she'd felt by their strangeness. Returning with everyone's drinks in record time, she was able to overhear a strange comment by the pale girl, asking what year it was.

"I'm sorry to interject," the woman told them softly as she placed drinks in front of each person, "but did I hear you asking what year it was? Not sure where you've been, love, but it's 2012. And this is the United States of America. If you have a concussion or something, I could call a doctor," the waitress offered, but stopped as the thought was waved away by Falana.

"Thank you, ma'am," Falana told the waitress with a dazzling smile, "but my head is fine. I'm just a bit confused and turned around, is all. I'll get my bearings soon, thank you." The waitress nodded and moved off. Falana took a thoughtful swig of her rum, watching the retreating back of the woman. "So a demi-god, a slave, a mercenary, and a water-man walk into a bar...

"But to what purpose? The gods, or the fates, are interested in you guys. Can any of you think of anything... odd happening in your life that would account for it?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:01 am
(The post was merely an explanation how he got there and nothing more, in the end he just ends up in the bar where you all are at and thats all that essentially happens in the post. It wasn't supposed to alter anything at all, just how the character got to you all and how he was just born. I'm sorry if that confused and i'll think of a way to approach you all.

And next time you all have these group discussions it'd probably serve you better to contact me so i can explain.

Let me work with a post and see what i can get done alright?))

As the man sat uncomfortably at his table looking at everything around him an older man with news paper sits next to him

Old Man: "Hey youngin, my names Jack, pleasure to meet ya. you mind telling me what the random looks are?"

The man hung his head a bit and shook his head

Jack: "Ah, you're mute. Hold on" Jack got a pen and laid the newspaper down on the table spreading it out "can you write it down?"

The man looked at the newspaper and saw the word 'Nothing' on it and his eyes gave a dim glow and he put his finger across the word

Jack: "Nothing? thats your name?" he said and Nothing nodded "Thats an...odd name to say the least. Are you new here?" and again Nothing nodded "ah, i thought you might have come with that odd group over there, maybe you should go introduce yourself"

Nothing: He shakes his head and picks at the table a bit

Jack: "Ah, come on" he grabs Nothing and brings him before the group "Sorry to disturb you all, but is this guy in armor with you all? His name is 'Nothing' and apparently hes new here so i thought you might have all traveled here together."  

Red Glacier

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:13 am
((Since the thread is kinda dead at the moment I feel like supplying something that MIGHT come into play later [If it fits]. This won't have direct effects on the story now but I feel I want to do this to get the ole creative juices flowing.))

User Image

Tinantis (Tin-an-tis') stared blankly at the shimmering floating tablets around his cell. The chronological list of all the atrocities against humanity. The cell was specifically designed to torment Tinantis. Unable to move, unable to sleep, unable to speak, hear, or feel anything. The sensory deprivation forcing him to read the tablets over and over, to remember every life he snuffed out.

His life for the last 5 years has been this. Sustained by the feeding tube attached to his mask which supplies him with flavorless nutrients designed to do nothing more then prolong his sentence. In his incarceration time has taken it's toll on his body. His once pitch black tendrils of smog have grown gray and thin. His "Hair" was the deadliest aspect of his form. A collection of toxic airborne diseases and chemicals that would spread for miles, killing anything and everything in it's wake. Making him a walking natural disaster.

The room was inundated with Tinantis' toxins. That was the reason the entire floor was completely automated. Drones programed to repair anything that would potentially go wrong. Systems were even in place to restrict the production of his toxic gas. The neural restricter inhibits most of his bodies automatic responses, such as the production of adrenaline, dilation of the pupils and of course, whatever internal method used to make his gaseous hair.

And so Tinantis is trapped, physically and mentally. Confined in the prison that has no exit. Forced to replay his own atrocities in his half-lucid mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:36 pm
((Urgh... brain-blockage. Lets see if I can keep this moving, eh?))

Roland looked at the man and shook his head, saying "Nope, he wasn't with us. 'Nothing' you say... that's an odd name." With that, Roland turned his head to the entrance and saw something he didn't want to see. Several of the hired guns from before were standing at the exit, staring right at him.

Once Roland made eye-contact with them, they started walking to the table he was sitting at. "That means that they probably followed me here... and as long as we've been here, they've probably got all the exits covered from the outside. And the fact that they're coming here now means that they aren't afraid of making a scene... which means that logically, since there is gonna be a disturbance anyway, I should be the one to start it."

With that thought, his gloves began glowing, and he moved them together so that it appeared he was cupping his hands around a glowing glass orb. After moving his hands around the ball of blue energy in a caressing manner, he thrust both hands upwards, throwing the orb into the air. He then moved his hands apart, and the orb expanded to encompass the group sitting (and standing) at the table, forming a protective barrier.

"Alright. Looks like we gotta get out of here and get somewhere safe." Roland said. While speaking, he opened his wallet and pulled out two $100 bills, laying them on the table to pay for the bill and including a very generous tip. He felt it was necessary, they were making a very big scene after all, and a few things might not survive the next few minutes in one piece. "This bubble won't last long, and we need to get out before we get shot. Any suggestions?"  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kalib

Dangerous Admirer

13,365 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:50 am
Kalib finished mixing a drink as the mercenaries walked in.
Colorful day he thought, but those usually involved cleaning up busted furniture so he was used to the smell of trouble.

"What can I get you guys?" he called leaning on the bar. He let his hand slide over the tear gas button under the counter.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:42 pm
((Since this has been frozen for about a week now, I'm going to kick it in the but while giving everyone in the bar a chance take out the guards, or simply do nothing and get crushed by rubble. It's no offense but but something needs to set a fire under you guys and galls. [or open a fissure] ^_^))

The Facility rumbled slightly, dust falling form the disused piping. It wasn't quite an earthquake, more like some machine was drilling under the floor.

Suddenly a fissure spread through the room Tinantis was being held. The tile and concrete falling into a vast cavern, nearly 50 feet deep. Crashing to the bedrock below. If Tinantis was in any position to note the occurrence, he would have noticed the distinct smell of blasting powder and smoke.

Deep in the cavern a man appeared dressed in excavation equipment, thick goggles and a respirator covered the details of his face, a thick helmet was on his head with a huge light on the front. All his clothes were thick leather including the gloves and pants. He pulled his Radio from his right shoulder and mumbled something indistinguishable due to the mask, but whoever was on the other side of the line understood. In moments a survey team of 6 people entered the vast chamber, all dressed in the same manner, they spread out through the cavern as if looking for something. And one of them did.

The man removed his mask and shouted to the rest of the team "HERE IT IS!"

The Commander relayed the find through his radio, and nearly instantly a tall man with a heavy build strolled into the cavern, taking stock of the collapsed roof a moment before walking up to the survey group.

"At long last. We found it." The mans voice was deep and gravelly. befitting his build and apparent stature. "Good work gentlemen. You truly are the best excavators in the land."

"We'll get some diggers in here right away sir. We'll have this thing out by sundown." The Commander had removed his mask and goggles to get a better look at the object, knowing that the heavy blasting was over. "How did you even know this was here? If you don't mind me asking, sir?"

"I knew it was here because I was told by someone... Important. And no need to get anyone else in here, Commander. I'll handle this."

"Sir?" The Commander said slightly confused.

Before any of the team could even move, the man extended his right hand and grasped the golden handle of the sword, embedded in the bedrock. A short electric spark arched across it's pommel to his trembling fingertips. The moment he griped that sword the cavern was bathed in a golden-red light, each of the members of the survey team were thrown across the room by an unknown force, they died instantly upon impact with the cavern wall, but the Commander impacted one of the major support columns for the cavern ceiling causing the entire area to collapse in on itself.

The force of the blast was felt around the world, and was later confirmed to be the largest recorded earthquake in human history. Fissures appeared all over the continent radiating out from the epicenter at cardinal directions. Causing millions of dollars of damages.

The fissure in the complex widened rapidly pulling the material of the structure down into the abyss, creeping slowly towards Tinantis, but stopped just short of his restraints. In a short few moments the remainder of the structure fell into the chasm, crashing through the ceiling of the cell and shattering the piping supplying Tinantis' life support. Oil and supplement fluids flew everywhere and shards of metal flew straight towards him. In a fortunate coincidence the tablets retained enough power to remain airborne long enough to deflect most of the shrapnel. But once hit they each spiraled out of control smashing against the walls, Tinantis' bonds and one of them gouged him in the chest.

The Bonds that held Tinantis for so long crumbled under the abuse and his weight, dropping him unceremoniously onto the debris covered floor. The downward motion jostled the neural restrictor loose, which clattered to the ground disabled. Tinantis kneeled there, clutching his side and chest, blood and noxious fumes pouring out of him. Drifting slowly through the cracked ceiling, through the ruined Facility and out into the open air. The Toxic gas spreading slowly through the forest there and killing the smallest plants and animals. But in time, nothing would survive.

User Image

((Sorry for wall of text, but I have big BIG plans for the sword, and if TWO, nearly natural disasters isn't a sign from the higher powers that something is WRONG there I don't know what is. And with the fissures the blast created, it would be easy for that little diner to be destroyed in some grand thematic way. which will also conveniently give you a direction to go once you leave. Sorry if I'm being blunt and kinda spelling the way out for you all, but I really want some interaction here. ^_^))  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:37 am
(( Well okay I might be able to explore this idea with my own character))

Perhaps it was the earthquake that woke her or the rumbling combined with the splitting headache that was the hallmark of her curse. What ever it was Aina rolled over on the mossy ground, gingerly sitting up.

"Where am I this time?" she asked out loud as she put a cold hand to her throbbing head. Looking around all she could see were trees. But a young forest like this one was no help in answering the problem of where or even when she had traveled.

Not knowing if standing would make her nauseous Aina remained sitting and tried to piece together her thoughts. Her most recent memories were of her long time adoptive home at Hagebak Manner and the style of her clothes reaffirmed that she had been pulled from there.

User Image

With no other clues she took a good look around at the woods. She noted that aside from being young they were not heavily populated with wood land denizens. It was very quiet. Perhaps it was the headache but it took her a moment to realize the cause of the stillness.

Thin wisps of gray fog curled along the leaf covered floor and tiny plants and insects withered in it's wake...  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff