Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:52 pm
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - App Beastcrafter

It seemed that they were not quite in as much danger anymore. Nyaranau lowered her arms, taking a few tentative steps forwards. Most of the angrier dragons had found their lifemates, and that volatile bronze had found his after a moment of study. There was still the matter of the deceased candidate, but Nyara’s mind was working on adrenaline- logistics would have to come later, when she had time to process what had happened.

Her attention was drawn to the racing antics of the Firebolt Green, who tore an unbidden laugh from her lips. It was strange to be laughing, given the bloodshed that had recently occured, but the Firebolt dragon was perfect. Whoever Impressed that beauty would be sore lucky indeed… Nyara did her best to will the green towards her, focusing on mental images of races and flying…

The You Can Fly Blue was similarly admired by the beastcrafter. And he’d… well, he’d flown! Let’s face it! He’d flown before he’d eaten! How cool was that? Sure- his landing (on a candidate, although seemingly unharmed) perhaps needed work, but that could come in time. Look at how eager he was to keep trying.

Nyara could only hope they found theirs quickly and safely. She didn’t want to see anyone else get hurt.

Uta
Lusialu

Teiha
Vaali

Quote:
Sorry for the vagueness in the tag- not sure what’s happening with Lusi and Vaali, and playing catch up with all of the eggs. XD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:52 pm
HAVELI

Haveli watched and listened as her sister tried to introduce her to what the teen could only selfishly think of as her replacement. The frown remained strong on her face as did the strange expression that pressed about her eyes. It was hard to tell if she was going to be happy, as Arlie clearly wanted her to be, or would let the sorrowful rage consume her to the point she'd snap and yell.

Raising her voice to Arlie was something she never wanted to do. Too often in their childhood she'd heard her sister's name being screamed, followed by the sound of screaming, and then she'd find herself running and trying to stop something from happening. Too often did she hear her own named yelled, which embittered her to the hearing of it at times.

But no, she wouldn't yell at Arlie and it seemed like she didn't have to make that choice. The dragonet was clearly in need of something and so Haveli watched the pair depart for where they were meant to go; the view of her sister's back as she left Haveli behind caused the teen to bend her head down and her face to scrunch up. A few more tears allowed themselves to slip from her eyes as she viciously bit at her bottom lip, tasting blood.

With a hand up in a pathetic attempt to hide herself she turned and headed towards where the dragons had placed a call for those to come. Her emotions broiling, she pressed on.

Haveli would not be left behind if she had her choice.

medigel
Teiha

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:54 pm
Halvor

He was man enough to own up to the fact that his legs which had gotten quite the lashing from the earlier escapades of Crucio and her clutch siblings that he need to sit down for a minute or two. It also didn't seem like the dragonets were in any hurry to find their's as they played and enjoyed each other's company. He was fine with that. He'd take the respite in impressing to tend to a few of the worse cuts on his legs. One of them had started bleeding again. Or had it never stopped? He wasn't sure.

Halvor quickly and with a slight limp made his way over to Tarnaria where she was also having her leg tended to. This also might be a great way to gather information. He sat down with a barely there groan and huff.

"Did you get injured from the green too?" He asked by way of introduction as he pulled up his own robe for a healer to clean a couple of the worse wounds. Looking at them they were not pleasant and he'd undoubtably have a few scars later. His gray eyes shifted to girl as he spoke but then he once more focused his attention on the dragonets playing.

Andranis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:56 pm
Zeraiah

It was rather slow going, getting to the side of the Sands where the diligently working healers tended to those who had been injured. Zeraiah was taken off Zyanzi's hands and shown a place to sit so the gashes could be cleaned -- Ow! -- and bandaged properly. Zyanzi, too, was instructed to sit long enough to have his injury tended to as well. Even if he thought it minor, the healers would do their jobs and make certain. There was no room for mistakes. Not today.

"You don't have to wait for me," Zeraiah promised the other candidate when the tending was done. "I'll be slower than you. Go on and get back out there. Look at all of them," he added appreciatively. "If you don't go, how will one find you?" There was a lot happening on the Sands. The dragons would probably find theirs regardless, but best not to take the chance, right? "I'm right behind you."

Mewsings of an Angel
Moving them so they're not out of the action too long. smile

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Kinyegele

She almost seemed to jump out of her skin when Fisher nudged her, looking up at her with large eyes - not surprised, persay, but doe like and lost in some other place. "Oh.....There's just a lot of greens. Is it wrong that I......." she bit her lower lip and frowned. "I really hope one of them is for me?" Maybe she had set her sights low in the eyes of some, content to be only a greenrider, but looking at the greens that walked the sands now, all such a variety of personality....

Which was what she wished to be like?

Would any of them want to be like her, instead?

Of course, the palest of the greens finally called out for hers, and Kinye felt her heart going out after it. Not for her - but perhaps all the better. How beautiful and perfect was she?

houllow

-----

Juhvek

So many greens to look at, and he only had two eyes that wanted to look in the same direction....

Well, maybe if he had plucked them out he could at least give two of them what they wanted. Too bad his hand was so bandaged it probably wasn't going to happen. And of course, that pale green. She was - calling out for someone? Oh! That one had certainly been waiting a long time!

-----

Fahn

Running, running, running, yeaahhhhhhh! For all the drama there was on the sands (were the greens having a competition for attention? They were all very pretty!), the running of You Can Fly and Firebolt stirred up a desire to go-go-go in Fahn as well. Still, she wouldn't have said no to a little bit of that attention. It was so hard to be on the ground doing nothing.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Siv

Hey now! The little showy green -- ok the first one -- has finally Impressed! Good, good. That was good to see really. The candidate motioned her congratulations to the new rider amiably before looking around. So much green -- so many DRAGONS. Were they having a hard time finding Theirs? Huh.

Well that wasn't really good. Or did they not really register that as a need yet?

UGH SHE NEDED HER NOTEPAD AND BREAKFAST especially breakfast some suasages sounded so good right about now, maybe some coffee -- ooh! And some toast!  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:08 pm
Andrestia

She gave the other candidate another squeeze before letting go, giving him a soft but somber smile. “Worse comes to worse we are not lucky enough to impress and we can spend the entire night drinking to ease our sorrows. You are always welcome to come find me too we can keep company and drink till the sun rises. My name is Andrestia.” She took his hand and gave it a quick shake before letting go.

“Now let’s keep hoping you will get lucky still!”

baby_gwing

------

Midais

At least most of the fighting had ceased and what was left of his gown went above his knees giving a rather cooling feature that the red head wasn’t sure he really wanted. It was probably good there wasn’t any real breeze on the hatching grounds to give someone a sight they didn’t likely want to see and the running dragonets were far enough away to not kick the edges up. Midais did however make a mental note to run back to the barracks to at least slip on pants as soon as they were done.

-------

Cabhan

The greenish bronze impressed and Cabhan was done with the hatching, it was becoming clear to him that this was not his chance again and from this point on he was merely wasting his time standing around. If it had been possibly he would have left, there was surely work to be done and considering the damage that a few of the dragonets had caused earlier as well those who impressed there would be plenty of work for those left behind. There was also the feast which would mean something would need to be done, and he could certainly find a way to be of use somewhere. Of course he knew that he couldn’t actually leave, if anything it was an internal struggle to not simply walk off the sands versus the need to at least obey what Gr'del had spent months drilling into their heads. Instead he simply walked a few steps away from the last candidate had gathered and stood there, at least then he couldn’t be accused of leaving too earlier and as soon as they were released Cabhan could bolt out far away from this.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:08 pm
FISHER

"Nothin' wrong at all with hopin' one'a the greens might look at you. They're all mighty lovely as it is and any of 'em would be lucky to have you as a lifemate." Fisher's words were honest despite how little she knew of Kinye. At the very least she could understand the phrase 'dragon material' when people spoke about certain qualities in a person; Kinye was someone who had something about her that was worthy. "Is there a one that's caught your eye?"

Fisher didn't have any opinion on which one, not really.

demon_pachabel

- --

YURASTAR

He'd walked over again only to be dismissed again, but as before Yurastar didn't seem to mind. There was no reason for him to get upset when dragonets were happily finding their lifemates, and so many more were out there on the sands. He was just ridiculously thankful nothing awkward or weird had happened to him just yet, which is why he was still believing High Reaches was a good place for him to be. Right now anyway, since he had to eventually get back to Western and help his sister wrangle their other siblings.

- ----

SOUI

This....dragonet was not for her, and so Soui moved back to where she'd been standing previously. Every now and then she glanced towards the healers to see how the others were doing, and then back at the eggs in Fianth's clutch, and then around at all the dragonets.

So much to do, so much to see.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:11 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

“Oh there she goes,” Nala murmured. That was one. And Firebolt. Silly girl. She’d need to slow down just a tiny bit to find her rider. She hoped whoever the green picked would be able to keep up with her energetic ways.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:15 pm
Sylfie
Ah, but then Theo became quite wrapped up in the Hatching once more, and Sylfie couldn't blame him, neither could she be at all offended. Some might have been slighted by such perceived inattention, but attention in general had never been something she craved (unlike some of the dragonets below), and she was perfectly happy with companionable silence. For her part, while the hatchlings were wonderful, she found herself rather fascinated by both his motions and his reactions, how totally enthralled he was with the goings-on. Not that she wasn't interested herself, but she was perhaps a little less invested than she might ordinarily have been.

She wasn't the most discreet of watchers, at least not so much so as she thought, but as she scritched absently at Regory's favorite spots, her gaze very often drifted away from the Sands where it was supposed to be. It did occasionally also skim over the food that had been offered, but since he wasn't having any for whatever reason, she was hesitant to start in on any of it. And certainly she couldn't say anything about it and pull his attention away from the Hatching. Especially not to call it to how much she would really like a pastry. No, that would be mortifying.

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Crew

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:17 pm
Reya and Raqisath

There was a sudden spate of hatchings, and then of Impressions, and so Reya's attention slid from the curious stares both the High Reaches searchrider and her brother kept turning on her. She was absolutely intrigued by the thought that someone's dragon wanted to meet her, but she was not so naive that she didn't examine the invitation with suspicion. For all she knew, that was a line dragonriders used when they wanted to get someone alone. Not that she was looking all that alluring in this moment, so she rather doubted the searchrider was looking for a quick tumble in the furs - and if he was, he was bound for disappointment.

R'bin nudged her with his elbow and nodded toward a green moving with an ungainly gait - a sharp contrast to the lithe and graceful green swanning around with an entourage. "Do you think that one's all right?"

Reya was about to answer him that the green didn't appear not to be all right, and was probably just a bit uncoordinated when the little creature made her shuffling way to the edge of the stands and looked up, her eyes whirling with rainbows. At the same time, Reya heard a voice in her mind saying with an edge of impatience, Honestly I don't know why they bother with all that. The best part's this part, after all! Finding just the right one, and knowing you'll be side by side, step for step the whole way—right, Reya?

Reya blinked. The dragonet had said her name. She'd said Reya's name.

You'd pick your Raqisath over them anyway, any day...right? the green pressed, placing her foreclaws on the barrier between the stands and the sands. Though she was not large enough to pull herself up, she seemed willing to try.

Her Raqisath. Her...

And then Reya felt it. Another being's mind touching hers, sinking into her consciousness and melding with her. She had always thought the idea of sharing her mind with another sentient being would be a terrible experience, robbing her of her individuality and will, and her brother had never been able to explain that Impression was not a shackling but a joining. Now he didn't need to. She understood.

"Any day," she agreed, oblivious, for the moment, to her brother's voice in her ear, first demanding to know who she was talking to, and then telling her to go to her dragon, shaffit.

Raqisath watched with whirling eyes as Reya rose and made her way a little unsteadily down the tiered steps until she was close enough to touch. Then Raqisath could wait no longer, and flung herself forward in a somewhat graceless move designed to bring her into physical contact with her bond. As Reya's hands touched her wonderingly, Raqisath's eyes glowed a thrilled shade of deepest cerulean.

"I'm supposed to feed you now, I think," Reya said. There was a giddy quality to her voice that bordered on hysteria. "Are you hungry?"

I could eat, Raqisath admitted. But not too much!

"You'll eat as much as the dragonhealers say you should," Reya replied, years of motherhood allowing her to instinctively head off any picky eating behaviors.

Not too much, Raqisath reiterated, but she whistled her acquiescence after another moment. She was a little hungry, after all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:35 pm
Perfect Isn't Easy
The green dragon moved through the Candidates, giving a small sniff and many judgmental snorts. No, no, no.... None of them were hers. She was about to turn back around when... someone caught her eye.

Someone beautiful.
Someone wonderful.
Someone that was certainly Hers.

Stepping through the crowd, the green dragon gave a satisfied hum. Her sister was all but forgotten as she stared up at the one she needed. This... This was it. Only the best would do, and she was going to get it. She was going to get it first, before anyone else did.

Reaching out, the green dragon would not make a fool of herself by trying to reach her. Instead, she would come to her. Sitting down, posting delicately, innocently upon the Sands, the dragon let her mind reach out to brush against Mimisu's.

Oh my Mimisu. Did you see how terribly I was spurned? Well, with you at my side, I know we shall steal all the eyes--and hearts--of the Weyr. Do come down, though; you are too far for me to reach--but come slowly. I want the world to see you, to know you are mine. Come to your most perfect Canicheth. The green dragon added a small creel, even as her eyes whirled rainbow.

With the white haired woman at her side, there was no doubt that the world was their for the taking.

User Image

Andranis

- - - -
Mystery Green
The green dragon walked with Expelliarmus and Gryffindor. The two boys seemed to be vying over her, and she couldn't help but be pleased. On the one hand, why shouldn't they? They both seemed like such nice boys, and were certainly handsome. Still, they were just boys, and there were so many of them with which to admire. And yet...

It wasn't the boys that drew her. No. The boys could wait. While the brown and bronze bickered, the delicate green, with one last fond nuzzle, suddenly untangled herself. She drifted over to where someone far more beautiful, lovely, and wonderful sat. Someone who was alone... and with such a heavy heart.

Akaris.

The tears, the fear, the sadness. Tentatively, the green reached out. Her touch was soft, but comforting. Her eyes whirled a mix of yellow-white, and she gave the softest creel. AkarisMine... I know you are afraid. I know you are hurting. But please, let your Samodith in. You are a gem to be treasured, and I will and would never hurt you. Nor, my wonderful, most sweetest love, would I ever let any hurt you. Never again. Please stay with me....trust me... and know that I am, forever and for always, yours.

User Image

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 pm
Friend like Me was pleased. Good, her beloved Sister had impressed. Now she could go and see about finding the one whose wish had spoken to her the loudest. Ah, now that would take time, but she was willing to take it, walking elegantly.

----------

Gryffindor sighed happily when the Green Impressed, then shot a short glare at his brother before turning to find His. Now was the time.

---------

You can Fly! took a flying leap towards Firebolt, laughing even harder. Good, now the drama was over!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:45 pm
Rothgar

Perhaps Imperio's moment of weakness had just been a flight of fancy in the Beastcrafter's mind. When Rothgar approached, he seemed to dismiss before he had even arrived. That was good though, in a way, as he could cross this dragon off a non-existent To Verify list.

It was Amortentia that took any bitterness away, really. When she found her new bond, he felt like he had been helpful in some way. It made Rothgar happy.

Since she was otherwise "distracted" and he felt strange being there to begin with, he addressed Imperio without expecting anything from him either. "Well, glad to help. Best of luck to you." But as he turned away, he found the sands to be a bizarre place. There were dragons flirting with one another. But why? He didn't try to understand. He just went back to where most of the candidates were and hummed to himself. Breakfast sure would be nice.

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:50 pm
Niika - EGG BETTING TRACKING

This had been the worst idea for the woman, who continued to keep on top of her notes, and dream about interactions that perhaps wouldn't play out the way she wanted them to.

Niika really needed to stop romanticizing the man, but it was a nice distraction at times.

Hatching Order (tracking first 12 for a bet):
Slytherin, Once Upon A Dream, Felix Felicis, A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes, Hufflepuff, Let It Go, Crucio, Imperio, Avada Kedavra, Sectum Sempra, Dementor, GTD Who else is out and about, HELP, I needed first 12 and I'm stopping now

faesinger
-Veltanna bets that Dynzrak will impress a male from Rhianth’s clutch. - WIN
-Niika counterbets Veltanna that Dynzrak will impress one of Fianth's male children instead. - LOSS

-Ahlalei is betting twice.
First: A gold will chose a High Reaches candidate - LOSS
Second: A Blue will chose someone that isn’t a candidate from either Weyr

-Niika has countered with:
First: If there is a gold, it will choose a candidate who has stood for at least 2 PC clutches (Tarot, Spooky, and Tea) - WIN
Second: There will not be more than 2 stands impressions. - So far there are 2.

Lutz
-A'kir bets that someone is going to die at the hands of a dragon from the Harry Potter clutch, that there will be one gold dragon between the two clutches and it will hatch from the Disney Songs clutch, that both clutches will hatch an equal amount of browns, that the first egg from the Harry Potter clutch to hatch will be the Nimbus 2000 egg, and that the first egg from the Disney Songs clutch to hatch will be the How Far I'll Go egg. - LOSS, FIRST HP CLUTCH EGG WAS SLYTHERIN
-Niika makes no counter bet. She is too stunned by how specific this is. - Win

Princess_Feylin
-T'of is betting that Toren will Impress one of the first 12 eggs to hatch.
-Niika bets Toren will impress one of the Disney Clutch.

Teiha
-Farinalgo bets he will Impress a blue.
-Niika bets Farinalgo will impress a Disney Song Blue.

-Venin bets that a dragonet will die or go between without finding its lifemate.
-Niika bets there will be at least three Stands Impressions. - there are 2

-Emori bets that at least two candidates will be mauled to death. - 1 Dead
-Niika bets a minimum of 7 candidates will be maimed. - A minimum of 7 NON PACH CONTRIBUTION candidates have been maimed WINNING

Meep
-Syflie bets that a gold will hatch, but won't choose a High Reaches candidate. - WIN
-Niika is betting if a gold hatches, it will be between 40-43' as it's adult size in the profile that she can't read because she doesn't know this stuff but shhhhhhhh. AKA smaller than average. - WIN

dawns_aura
-Lelte has bet that there will be 2 Golds, Fianth's clutch will be the more maim-y of the two, and that there will be more (PC) greens than blues overall - all in one
-Niika makes no counter bet.

NovaCracker
-Amila is betting on Impressing a green.- WIN
-Niika is betting Amila will impress a green from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-H'lare is betting a Bronze will Impress someone people assume UNLIKELY to Impress a bronze. OOCly that basically means something like a Stands Impressiuon ETC.
-Niika is betting swapped candidates from Western will impress more metallic dragons than High Reaches candidates do. - 4 metallic HR, 1 metallic Western

-Aerone bets a dragonet will try to break a BROTHER from HIS shell - WIN (Imperio and Dementor)
-Niika is betting a female dragon will be assisted by a sibling in hatching. - WIN (Crucio and Sectum Sempra)

-(Aerone)that a white will hatch from either clutch. - Win
-Niika bets if there is a white, it impresses to a girl. - Win

ShinosBee
-Falienn is betting he doesn't survive the hatching - LOSS
-Niika is betting Falienn will impress a dragon that mauled another candidate! - Loss

Magnadearel
-Makimton bets he will impress a dragon from Rhianth's clutch - WIN
-Niika bets Makimton will impress from Fianth's clutch! - LOSS

Sweet Symmetry
-Nyaranau bets that there are two gold dragons, Impressing candidates from different Weyrs; the Auror egg will be the first egg to hatch overall, and the first egg to hatch from Fianth’s clutch will be the You Can Fly egg; the first dragon to Impress will be Brown; and Ruunan will Impress a Green from Fianth’s clutch. - LOSS, SLYTHERIN HATCHED FIRST
-Niika has no counterbet for Nyara - just that one of those things won't have to happen for her to win. - Win

-Ruunan bets that the first egg to Impress will be a bronze from Fianth’s clutch - WIN
-Niika bets first impression goes to a Green from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-there are more female dragons than male dragons across both clutches, but there will be more male weyrlingpairs
-We'll have more unusual lady impressions - at least 3 on a blue or a brown - 1 ladyblue, 1 lady on a brown

-and Nyaranau will Impress a Blue from Rhianth’s clutch.
-Nyara will impress a Green, rather than a Blue, from Rhianth's.

ME
-Kinyegele has bet that Someday My Prince Will Come will impress to an aged out or a long-standing candidate!

-Niika has made no counter bet.
****Pach cannot win an egg

Tatterpixie
-Jeri bets that she will finally Impress, from Fianth's clutch.
-Niika counters that Jeri will impress from Rhianth's clutch.

-Willim bets the first to hatch will be a bronze from Rhianth's clutch - Winning
-Niika bets the last to hatch will be a bronze from Fianth's

Akina Tokuwa
-Ryah bets that more (PC) girls will Impress overall, and that at least two of those girls will match to an unconventional color. - 16 impressions so far, 10/6 Boys/Girls, 1 girl on a blue, 1 girl on a brown

-Niika bets that more than half of the PC green impressions will be to boys. 4/???? Greens on boys thus far

houllow
-Fisher has bet that any golds in the clutch(es) will not Impress to a High Reaches candidate - Winning
-Niika bets that more than half of any bronzes and golds will go to Western Candidates!

-Fisher has bet brawling dragonets will result in a candidate being unable to stand any further or a dragonet going between - WIN
-Niika is betting that won't happen. - LOSS

Prism Shine
- Keris bets Phyrana will impress from Rhianth's clutch (Technically loss since Tsu can't impress again)
-Niika bets Phyrana will impress a male dragon (Technically loss since Tsu can't impress again

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games