Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Anonymous Gift Giving Thread - It's Back! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... 723 724 725 726 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you participate?
  Yes, this sounds like fun!
  No, this is lame.
  Gold!
View Results

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:00 pm
pickle relish
Taeryyn
Lieutenant Sephiroth
Sav some days i swear youre a troll.

Only some days?

Only on the days ending in y.

GLAD I DIDN'T HEAR THAT ONE EVER BEFORE YOU ARE SO ORIGINAL  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:02 pm
It may not be original, but it IS true.  

pickle relish

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:12 pm
And the truth is all thats needed  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:07 am
Thank you for the kappa Plush!

I don't want to know who gave it to me so should it be Lady, please don't tell me.  

God-Raped-Me

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:53 am
Saverio C.
LadyDeathNote73
pickle relish
The point of it being anonymous is to be giving without any expectation of recognition, or of receiving anything in return. In other words, to be giving gifts purely in the spirit of giving.
and that my dear is what I have been doing since I joined in this guild. so surely you are not talking about me. sweatdrop
'
You gave me that ******** mask didn't you! Where do you get off giving people masks! I outta give you a mask and see how it makes you feel! My face doesn't need to be covered up you vile lady! I like my face, and know it's sexy! HOW DARE YOU!
no i didnt give no stupid mask. stop harrassing me with your complaints ALL OF YOU!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:55 am
Taeryyn
LadyDeathNote73
pickle relish
The point of it being anonymous is to be giving without any expectation of recognition, or of receiving anything in return. In other words, to be giving gifts purely in the spirit of giving.
and that my dear is what I have been doing since I joined in this guild. so surely you are not talking about me. sweatdrop

Then keep your given VS received tallies to yourself and stay anonymous. If you want to make your own non-anonymous thread, do it, but if you're participating here, keep your identity to yourself. To do otherwise and keep track of your total is just obnoxious.
stop whinning! im not the only one in this thread that has done the tally thing! why dont you go back and read it from the beginning. if you people only complain about stuff then why does it matter if you get anything at all with the way that you act?  

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:51 am
Please don't double post. That's the second time you've done it and it's really annoying and it's a guild rule. There is an edit button if you need to add something to your post.

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:38 am
LadyDeathNote73
Taeryyn
LadyDeathNote73
pickle relish

Then keep your given VS received tallies to yourself and stay anonymous. If you want to make your own non-anonymous thread, do it, but if you're participating here, keep your identity to yourself. To do otherwise and keep track of your total is just obnoxious.
stop whinning! im not the only one in this thread that has done the tally thing! why dont you go back and read it from the beginning. if you people only complain about stuff then why does it matter if you get anything at all with the way that you act?

Calling you out for choosing to ignore the rules in an odious manner =/= whining. Gee, let's see, when did the complaining start...?
Oh, right, when you decided that you weren't going to keep to the guidelines of the thread. Don't put this off on us, because it's your own fault that people aren't happy with you.

Go make your own thread if you're so intent on ignoring the rules of this one. Then you can feel free to keep track of your contrived "generosity" and non-anonymous gifting without anyone bothering you.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

pickle relish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:57 am
[ Terra ]
Rules:
1. Please make your gifts anonymous.

2. This is about the spirit of giving so don't just wait to receive gifts, give some out as well. It doesn't have to be expensive, it can cost as little as a paper crown or as expensive as a KiKi kitty. Either way, the person who you give it to will appreciate it.

3. If you receive a gift make a post saying thank you. People like to know that their gifts are appreciated. Even if you don't like it, it's the thought that counts. On that note, you don't have to feel obligated to wear your gifts either just be sure that you say thank you.

4. Don't beg for gifts. Do, however, keep a wishlist on your profile because other gifters might use it to get gift ideas for you!

5. Don't gloat about how many gifts you have given/received. This is not a competition.

6. Follow the Gaia TOS.

7. Keep to the guild rules too.

8. Most importantly, be nice and have fun! heart

Discussion:
In honour of this thread being a year and a bit old, I've decided to make sure that it's up to scratch on discussion points. So, ATGers, stumped on what to discuss between the gifts? How about, that nice warm fuzzy feeling that you get inside as a result of anonymously gifting to others? Anonymous gift giving or non-anonymous - which do you prefer? The quirky messages written on the gift tags by your Anonymous Benefactor. How absolutely broke going nuts with gift giving has sent you! sweatdrop
Just remember not to let your gifting discussion contradict with the rules of the thread - no begging and no gloating!

Maybe this will help.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:34 am
Thankies for the nitemare boots!! ^_^  

God-Raped-Me

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:37 am
I got a tiny terror doll!

I assume it was thanks to an ATGer... whee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:31 pm
Some generous soul just gave me a red and black saloon girl headpiece. Thank you! whee  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:37 pm
Gotta find a way to make some gold x.x, starting to get low  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:40 pm
Booty grab is the answer, Seph.

Try these threads.  

124-C

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:41 pm
I only make like 30 - 70 gold every time, i havent cracked 100 yet  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... 723 724 725 726 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games