Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Role Play What You're Wearing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:55 pm
The golden rays of the sun roused Tinantis from his dreamless stupor. A primal need gripped him, lifted him from the ground and drove him forward. His face was devoid of all emotion, the instinctual drive to survive was the only thing keeping him alive now. He staggered through the ruined halls, dripping blood and ichor as he passed frantic droids, futilely trying to repair the damage to the base, completely unaware of the magnitude of the destruction.

Loose tiles and segments of wall were falling all around, crushing droids and narrowly missing Tinantis. An aftershock jared the compound, or maybe another of the support structures buckled, and the corridor tilted madly. Tinantis was thrown to the wall crashing through a glass barrier, his hand touching something cool and somehow familiar, the feeing crawled up his arm as if being dunked in liquid.

The nanites in the emergency health kit covered Tinantis in moments and set themselves to work. They wrapped around his torso and arms, realigning their structure to create a durable yet lightweight armor. The second phase attached a breathing mask over his face and a filtering system to his back. Their energy spent the nanites became inert, now nothing more then simple fibers in the suit he wore.

Smoke still spewed out around the seams of the suit but it did steam the bleeding. Tinantis regained his footing and continued on, not realizing the luck he had. He steps over shards of glass that read "n Case o-" "-re Break G-" in moments another segment of wall crumbled blocking off the passage he came from.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:35 am
((Sorry for the epic delay, but I've been a bit brain-dead as to what should be done with this RP. So, I think I may have come up with a way so that those who don't want to continue the RP can disappear and those that do want to continue can do so.))

After a couple moments of silence, Roland noticed the men had come up and had pulled out their guns. He watched them take aim at the bubble of energy surrounding the group, and fire. The bullets hit the force-field and stuck, and the blue sphere shimmered before regaining it's color and translucency. "Damnit... this thing isn't gonna hold long at this rate. Alright. Something needs to be done, fast..." With that, he decided that the best course of action might be to just rush them. dropping the shield long enough for him to get out before putting another up, Roland quickly disarmed them, with a little help from his time control ability. It wasn't much help, but any help was good help.

After about 15 seconds, Roland had taken the four men out with various objects: The first one took a kick to the chest, knocking him back into a second one. A third man was hit in the head with a chair Roland had picked up and thrown, and the fourth had a table upturned on him. Noticing several people in the bar freak out and either run away or pull out their phones, Roland took each mans gun and dismantled it quickly, letting the pieces fall to the floor.

After the immediate threat was taken care of, Roland walked over to the others and dropped the shield. "Alright. won't be long before the authorities swarm this place. I would advise you to get out of here, all of you. Those that think it a good idea may follow me, otherwise you can just go home." With that he made for the emergency exit.

((Those that are interested in staying in should probably follow me. If you don't post/go home, I think it's safe to assume you are no longer interested in staying in the RP.))  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 am
(( Don't know what sort of role I'll really take as of yet but I'm game
EDIT: am also now more in character avi wise, except for hair...and eye color))

Aina clambered to her feet and investigated the strange sight. A sniff of the strange substance made it clear to her that it was some sort of toxic gas. Not terribly lethal to larger living things in it's present concentration but dangerous none the less.

Since the list of times and places she might have traveled to was lengthly she stood debating what to do.
"Finding the nearest city and informing the local authorities is probably the safest course of action." she said out loud. She didn't know what had caused this leak and she knew from experience how dangerous it was to meddle with things when she was not sure of her location.
So she hiked up her skirts and took off toward the distant sound of the city.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:59 am
Kaz saw a man with a shield and was that a gun? Running towards him, she caught up. It was too important to get out of there and let introductions be put off until later. Making sure that Rize was at her heels, she slipped off her high heels and slung them in her hands. They weren't too great for running. Hoping that they wouldn't notice her shadowy tiger and freak out, Kaz stayed close to the man and stayed with the group.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:13 pm
Meanwhile deep underground, beneath the crumbling and sinking base.

The mysterious man grasps the hilt of the golden sword, the energy courses between the sword and the man as miniature tremors shake the cavern. The man breaths deep reveling in the power of the artifact so familiar to him. Streams of energy are periodically thrown from the man and wherever they hit stone it cracks and shifts sometimes becoming molten for a moment before quickly cooling.

"At long last I can regain my TRUE status." The mans voice boomed unnaturally loud in the cavern, even beyond the effects of the echoing walls. "DO you HEAR me up there? I'm coming home and none shall be spared my wrath."

As he drew the sword from the ground, a blinding flash filled the cavern and the man disappeared in the golden-red light. It slowly condensed and compressed into his form, when the light finally dissipated the man was completely different, his suit and helmet gone, replaced by a flowing dusty robe, his hair once black and neatly trimmed was now a dark shade of red, ragged and firm. His skin changed the most. His face and hands were molten rock with calloused knuckles that looked like rock... and upon closer inspection they WERE stone. his arms and legs were also made purely of stone, and his eyes previously covered by goggles were now revealed, deep blue but filled with such rage that an inner fire could be plainly seen.

User Image

"HAAAAHAHAHAHA!" His laughter shook the cavern further. He held the sword aloft triumphantly pointing it to the sky (Or in this case the roof of the chamber) and pronounced "The time has come for me to take the THRONE!"

At that moment a bell rang in the chamber, the sound resonated again and again rebounding off the walls drowning out all other sounds. The sword began to vibrate violently and suddenly... The entire length of the sword cracked, and then again, and again. The six pieces of the sword hovered there, still connected by the energies contained within them. When the bell chime stopped the pieces of sword flew into the air darting every direction before smashing through the roof of the cave and out through to the open air. All six pieces flew in different directions away from the hidden base spirited away by some unseen force.

"NOOOOOOO!" The man screamed, his destiny so close, slipping out of his reach. With the power of the sword gone his body changed back into that of a mortal, his elemental skin and stone legs became frail and human again. The stone and magma flowing to the ground before cooling into a pile on the floor.

User Image

"You were never fit to rule."
A voice flittered in through the hole in the ceiling. A soothing yet vengeful voice. "Your hunger for power and status have always been your undoing. You were banished to learn that lesson and STILL you have learned NOTHING. You have been stripped of power again and this time it will stay that way."

The man slumped to the ground defeated and he openly weeped. Still clutching the hilt of the disassembled sword.

Elsewhere:

The shard of the Sacred Blade streaked across the sky it appeared as though it scorched the sky as it traveled and in it's wake a sonic boom traveled at pace. It flew directly over Aina as she made her way to the town. As the Shard lost momentum it also lost altitude and it looked like it was going to hit the city right in the center of the marketplace.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 am
((So who wants to take a crack at destroying the town? One way or another I'm going to get you out of that Cafe' xd All I ask is that you PLEASE reply to the horror that is befalling the city. You have earthquakes, noxious gas AND a mystic shard that has untold potential power to destroy. Just please, PLEASE use some of it.

Oh and have a nice day ^_^ ))  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:07 am
((I've been doing a lot of thinking on this RP... and I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to stash my normal mercenary role back into my bag for now. I don't want to RP as him this go around. So a brief moment as him before I switch to what I've got now. Sorry if I throw a monkey wrench into any plans in the making...))

"This is ridiculous!" Roland shouted as the hired men from the bar poured out into the alleyway. He also noticed someone else who decided it would be a good idea to follow him. "Things just got interesting. Maybe I need a vacation, not worrying about even trying to work... May be boring, but you know what they say. 'He who turns and runs away lives to fight another day.' Looks like I'll be taking that advice, I'm out of here." With that, he took off at a sprint out of the alleyway, running through lots, between buildings, across yards.

If anyone had been walking along the road leading into town, they would have seen a man on a motorcycle heading out of town, easily going 40 miles over the speed limit.

((And that's the end of Roland's story for now. I may pull him in, may not. Thing is, I'm really liking the concept I'm getting for my current avi, thought I'd give it a try.))

User Image

The man stood silently, waiting to see what would happen next. Though he had no way of being sure, he guessed he had been standing for about eight hours this time. He was incredibly calm for his situation, tethered to the floor in his current shape.

The man was strong, yes, but not strong enough to break the chains that bound him. His eyes, though they were lost long ago, still appeared like they had been freshly plucked from the skull. No one knows why the wounds never healed, nor do they know why the man doesn't bleed to death. In all honesty, the man seriously doubts that anyone ever cares. He's blind, that's all there is to it. As long as he's alive, things will work out. Until that time comes, he just has to be patient...

The man didn't spend all his time there, shackled to the floor, he was put through a tough training regime every day. He didn't know why, nor did he question it. He just accepted it as his life and lived it.

If the man had been able to see, he would have taken notice of the strange clothing the men attending to him wore, completely covered in random splotches of green, black, and brown.

The sound of a squeaky door hinge brought the man's attention to the source of the door opening: Another man, big judging from the sound of the footsteps. Whether the man was just fat or well-built was too early to tell. He walked fast, but not hurriedly. He could even tell that the man had good posture just by the way his feet hit the ground, heel hit first and toes lifted last.

The man that walked in wore a black suit, though the blind man couldn't tell this part. The man that walked in also wore sunglasses. He walked up and stood right in front of the blind man, staring at him. He said nothing, just stared. If the blind man had eyes, he would've been staring right back. Instead, he spoke first with a calmness that would have surprised anyone who wasn't expecting it.

"If your trying to be sneaky, you fail miserably at it."

"I'm not trying to be sneaky, I assure you that much. Actually, we want to conduct a field study. We're planning on releasing you, giving you free reign on your life for a bit. We want to see how you function out there."

"Whatever. When does it start?"

"Right now."

With that, the shackles that anchored him to the floor popped up and sprung up, wrapping themselves around the man's forearms and transforming. "Keep in mind," The man in the suit said, "that we still have control. You try to do anything rash, we push a button and those turn right back into shackles, leaving you there for us to collect at our leisure."

"The thought never crossed my mind," the man said calmly, crossing his arms across his bare chest. After a few seconds, he said "Well, aren't you going to show me the way out? I am blind, after all."

"All in good time. First, we have to arm you. It's dangerous out there, whether you believe it or not. Luckily, we have a staff prepared for you to use, Zynar."

User Image

Zynar stood outside of the military research complex, standing dead still for a few seconds. Taking one big sniff of the fresh air, he started walking towards a nearby city, which was still quite a ways away.

((And now there's someone new added to the mix. I was messing with my avi, and liked that the bleeding eyes shows up under the blindfold. Went from there and got all this.))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:20 am
(( Ponders the tidbits of plot.... hmmm interesting! Yes, sounds like just the sort of meddling for her. And good timing too, have reread an old favorite and am newly inspired.))

Aina had just reached the end of the wooded eria and stood looking at a long streatch of black ashfault. She had been to a world that covered it's wide roads with the black tar. She recolected the experiance grimly for this worlds dangers were particular and her own skills drastically affected in ways she did not like. But at least it narrowed the possibilities of where/when she was present in.

Her ears picked up the monsterous noise of a motor vehicle before she could see it. And she backed away into the thining trees as a motorcyle raced past at an incredible speed. She shuddered involuntarily for the things had always made her nervous. But the moment was short lived because she was suddenly aware of something overhead and looking up she saw a metoir soar through the sky, arching into the center of the town with a resounding boom.
Except, and her breath caught as she realised it, the thing that had passed over head reaked of power and magic.

She silently cursed her horrid luck or twisted fate to have been dumped into the middle of such a mess and quickened her pace to a run.
Understandably the town was in bad shape and the people panicing, worse even the section of town seemed to been less than agreaable to startwith. Groups of thugish looking men lurked about ready to loot the damaged buildings and the security personel were visibly strained. Forgetting the gas she had seen, Aina made her way to the scene of the crash. It was a marketplace, packed with people miling around, gawking, and generally hindering the rescue workers trying to help the injured of both the crash and the eathquake.

Weaving in and out of the crowd she circle the area trying to get a better view of what the object was. The feeling she had told her the thing was powerful and that meant dangerous. Ultimatly she rolled her eyes at her short stature afording her such a poor view and clambered up a stack of crates on a farmer's truck. Finally, amoung the crushed, chard remains of makeshift vendors' stalls she spotted a slender chunk of shining, no glowing metal.

She groaned, a sword of tremendous power had shattered, which meant there were more pieces out there and they would all cause trouble. The quake was also caused by this sword of this she was promptly certain. Which is when she again remembered the gas but she could only ponder it's cause. She sighed wearily.
"I am cursed to meddle in this affair then?" she asked.  

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:23 pm
Zynar walked, and eventually he came to the outskirts of the city. Walking through the streets, he could sense something was going on. He smelled smoke, which meant there was a fire somewhere. People around him were panicking, and most of them were heading in one direction. Since the people weren't yelling, more talking quietly amongst themselves. This lead Zynar to believe that they were heading towards the incident, and he followed.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:42 pm
The chaos caused by the Sacred Shard was intense and sudden. The impact simply the first domino is a chain of events. The initial impact crumbled the little shops in the marketplace, and only progressed the damage of the earthquake.

The aura of the shard pulsed engulfing the city. All of the thieves became much more active robbing the city blind in the madness that blanketed the city. However every living thing was avoiding the deep crater with the shard. Even the insects were keeping away. Every time a gust of wind drew one of the flies close an invisible force moved them away, like a cloth barrier.  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:00 pm
A white cat with a black studded collar had been sitting on a faraway green hill a few miles from the city. She scampered up a large oak tree as she felt tremors ripe through the ground. Shaking, eyes trembling, and tail tugged under her soft body, she huddled amongst the tree's leafy branches. How long would the tree be here?

Suddenly, the ground ripped open and the tree started to split. Clinging to the branch with all of her strength, the cat wrapped her paws and legs and tail around the branch, wishing for it all to be over.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:14 pm
Zynar continued walking towards whatever was going on when he was hit with a sudden blast of... SOMETHING. He couldn't make out exactly what it was, and he knew by the nature of it that it wasn't something that could be seen. It was some sort of mental vibe, the sort of things he had been trained to identify. Pushing it out, he could hear the people around him. "seems like a riot going on... is this vibe causing this? What is the source of this..." Zynar thought to himself, trying to size up the situation without being able to see.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:41 am
Tinantis stumbled his way through the rubble of the base. Not really seeing the destruction as sensing it as he put one foot in front of the other. The wound in his chest had finally stopped bleeding, but it was hours since he last ate anything. even the nutrition goop would be tasty at this pint. The sentry bots had shut down long ago, the power supply interrupted during the collapse. The motionless shells of the creatures lay about the abandoned and lifeless corridors.

A flicker of light pierced Tinantis' stupor, the hope for escape and freedom filled his mind. Moving quicker he scrambled over desks and crushed computer towers, past lockers and through chambers that looked like decontamination chambers, rendered useless with broken and bent doors. He reached the beam of light, half expecting to see clear blue skies beyond another twisted door, but this was even better. An entire hall had collapsed, leaving a steep slope out of the complex into the forest on the surface.

With newfound strength at the sight, he clamored up the soft and shifting hill, loosing his footing often, but never loosing ground. His feet sank into the dirt and loose grass pressing hard with his legs, and when he finally made it to the top he crawled on his knees knees. Once he was away from the slide and away from the base, Tinantis rolled onto his back, arms and legs spread, and gazed up at the sky panting.

'Free' his slowly returning mind struggled with the word, almost forgotten in his imprisonment. That one word slipped from his lips, the first thing spoken since he was locked away, and slipped into sweet slumber.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:30 am
Aina had had to relinquish her view point back to the owner of the truck. There was a pulsing wave of energy emanating from the shard and one of it's effects was to embolden the ruffians. Plus people were expecting aftershocks and in the mess of people milling around Aina located for herself a secluded corner where she could hide out and investigate the extent of her powers in this world.

Making herself comfortable she quickly mastered control of her breathing and let her consciousness slip into the area around her. Beneath layers of concrete, ash fault and cobblestones she could touch upon the long forgotten earth, but she then aimed her sense toward the crash site. Even a tentative approach of the shard as energy she could "see" the barrier radiating in pulses.

Fearing what might happen if she tried to engage that invisible force directly herself, Aina instead passively peaked into the minds of the people passing. She could at least gather some information about the where and when. The pulsing shard however seemed to be addling people's minds, making them frantic, unreasonable and more violent.

She was almost surprised back into her own body when she grazed the mind of a man and was confronted with emptiness.
No not emptiness she though realizing he was blocking out the effects of the shard just as she had been doing with out thinking. Darkness, he can not see.  

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:33 am
The power the shard seemed to be a constant subliminal message to everyone susceptible, it caused the fight or flight instinct, people too week of mind followed the drive to either run from the city or fight whatever they considered an obstruction. The robbers were bold because they were already so confident before the shard arrived. The meek simply ran from the city.

The shard was certainly a powerful artifact, but it was power without intent. Strength without purpose.  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff