Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:05 pm
Tarnaria

With a start, Tarnaria looked up when Halvor sat next to her. "Oh... Yeah..." She looked at her leg, still emotionally a little numb. "It hurts a lot..." She swallowed, trembling just slightly. "Like when you burn your hand getting bread out of the oven and hit something by mistake..." She looked at her hands, at a couple scars from baking. One was an old one from when she'd tried to cut bread for her parents for the first time and caught her hand. The loaf had been ruined, but her parents hadn't been mad. Accidents happened, after all. "I don't think she meant it, to hurt some of us. We were only hurt by accident... Right?"

~Kiana_Nala~
Don't mind me, JUST remembering to quote (Sorry for double-quote here, name fixing in this post, too!

Lady Grey

Impression

She'd been watching the babies play and otherwise be less violent when something brushed across her mind. She blinked, looking around... And then down.

Oh my Mimusa. Did you see how terribly I was spurned? Well, with you at my side, I know we shall steal all the eyes--and hearts--of the Weyr. Do come down, though; you are too far for me to reach--but come slowly. I want the world to see you, to know you are mine. Come to your most perfect Canicheth. The green dragon added a small creel, even as her eyes whirled rainbow.

With the white haired woman at her side, there was no doubt that the world was their for the taking.

Only one living being - No, now it was two living beings - knew her real name, Pekoe, and... Her breath quickened as her eyes met the myriad gems. "My..." She got up to head down. Was there a flurry of rushing? No, she was better-taught than that. Poise, grace, the sort of things she was well-known for in Rivercrest. But she wouldn't be returning to Rivercrest, no - Her life was changing again, but this time, she could find no arguments against it, no complaints. When she reached the sands, her pace became somehow slower, almost hesitant.

And Canicheth remained patient. She looked up at Mimusa with all the adoration in the world, letting out a happy sound when the woman sank down into the sand to hug her. There you are, my Mimusa... Are we not perfect for each other?

Mimusa fought back joyous tears, smiling at the dragon - Her dragon - and brushed her hands lovingly over the green face, "Yes, absolutely perfect..." She pressed her forehead to the dragon's, whispering, "They were wrong to spurn you, my love, my dear hearts." Finally she rose, remembering watching the Impressed candidates take their dragons to a table of food. "Come, you must be famished.."

Canicheth gave a chirp of affirmation, pressing close as she walked with Hers, poised as ever she could be.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:53 pm
"Neither do I. Don't need training, just your eyes." Helaku was relieved to hear that his back didn't seem too badly messed up, because there were far more badly wounded people on the Sands right now and he didn't want to take up Healer time that could be better spent on them. Not yet, anyway. There was also the thought that he didn't want to be too far from the hatchlings, in case...in case. "Head kind of hurts after her, but I'm not dizzy, no. Glad to hear the rest doesn't look too bad...and that you're okay."

After Avada Kedravra and Sectumsempra Impressed, things seemed to settle down significantly. He nodded when Saekagi moved forward for the Slytherin bronze, but by the time he himself began moving, Impression had been made. All hell broke loose again briefly, but once people weren't trying to break into the egg anymore (though he understood why--it had been asking for help after all) it resumed to nearly a relaxed feel. Almost took on a rather light-hearted note, in fact, with dragonets racing about and playing.

"Hey," he called out quietly after Saekagi and the others were repelled from the little egg that had called out to them so. If so many hadn't been quicker, he likely would have been among them. "Don't take it too hard--it was asking for help, even if...there was probably a better way," he admitted. "Like that," he said, gesturing towards Amortentia delicately extricating...a white! "Well, would you look at that," he murmured. "A pretty little thing, isn't it?" He rather liked whites, with the way most of them needed a strong will of survive to even make it into the world.

"Everything seems okay now...want to move up a bit with me so those two get a better look at us?" he offered, moving forward a little so Imperio and Amortentia could indeed get their look. Not too far--he was still pretty forward after Slytherin, after all. And then Amortentia Impressed, but the other hatchling that had asked them was still out there. His back flared with pain now and again, but clenching his fist when it did made it...manageable. It could wait for now. There were yet several dragonets searching the Sands for theirs.

Ryuthulhu
have a mention and stuff heart

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:56 am
Roana and Green Ulendoth

Roana gave Martirea a hard side eye "Okay. Maybe hoped would be a better choice of words." And they were weyrlings together now, not only would they be expected to have lessons and bond with each other they would have to have each others backs in future life threatening situations. And if she was completely honest with herself she was warming up to the gold rider little by little.

So once she had curled her fingers round what seemed the best bucket of meat chunks left on the table, she took the seat that had been offered to her with a small nod of thanks.

Ulendoth returned loving head rubs to both her cousins, though since they had hatched on the same sands, at the same time, they were just more sisters from another mister in her eyes. It's okay. I forgive you. Ulendoth assured Zygmuth benevolently. So kind of her to forgive someone because she had hatched first. We will have plenty of time to explore everything together now.

However she was distracted from the conversation when she saw Roana offer a slice of the thick cut bloody meat. Practically licking her lips she scarfed the whole thing in one bite. She had almost forgotten how hungry she was amongst all the excitement. Ro grinned in satisfaction when she physically felt the gurgle of the greens stomach react to the first morsel.
She carefully picked out a few more choice cuts and fed them to the large green who actually stood above some of her blue brothers. She would need the best food to grow into the strong beautiful adult dragon she knew she would be.

Slowly other new bonded pairs where trickling in from the sands (soon to become a flood) and Ro made a point to glance at each one in turn. However she quickly stood up when a mmore familiar looking figure with a dark bloodied green entered. "Iathe! Congratulations." A small twinge of selfish relief prodded her at the sight. She would have another friend an ally close at hand stepping into her new life. Then she frowned. "Is your bond okay Iathe? She looks hurt. I can go and call a dragon healer for you if you like." And of course she hadn't made mention of the fact that the injured green had cut down so many candidates, she was Iathe's dragon, she could never be bad.

demon_pachabel

Magnadearel

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:03 am
Akaris and Samodith
All that was left for her to do was wait until the Hatching was over, and it would be a long wait indeed: so many babies left to Impress, so many left to even hatch, and she had no choice but to wait it out. She didn't want to, in fact she wanted nothing more than to be off the Sands, to press up against Zinath or Junenth - whose gentle mental weight she could feel, leaning into her - and sleep hidden safely away by wings, but she'd started this, and there was no backing out in the middle.

There was, however, a step or two of backing up when the bright green being fawned over by both bronze and brown made it over to where she stood with A'ral, coming closer and closer. If she'd still been Rylyrr, she would absolutely have been clinging to him from behind, but she had enough presence of mind to know that here and now, with A'ral, she couldn't. Whatever the dragonet might want - would it chide her like the dark green on the beach? - she knew he wasn't meant to interfere. The illusion of safety had been lovely while it lasted, but it broke into pieces in the presence of the young green. She looked nothing like her rampaging sister, but after being hurt, unknown and green and close was met with a spike of fear through the mental haze that had otherwise set in. Her ability to keep her fears in check had been pushed past its limits, no matter all the work and training, no matter who was near.

But there were no claws, no teeth, not even a reprimand as she stood quaking, effectively backed into a corner. There was only softness, a gentle mental caress, offering comfort...pleading to be let in. And indeed, in that first half a moment, before she could process anything at all about the nature of the mind pressed against hers, she had flinched away reflexively at the contact, unconsciously throwing up a wall. She was defenseless physically, but-

But there was nothing to defend from. AkarisMine... I know you are afraid. I know you are hurting. But please, let your Samodith in. You are a gem to be treasured, and I will and would never hurt you. Nor, my wonderful, most sweetest love, would I ever let any hurt you. Never again. Please stay with me....trust me... and know that I am, forever and for always, yours. Yellow-white eyes became gray-white, and the bright, beautiful green creeled again. Please...

But...this was impossible. "But- Why?" she finally choked out, voice breaking. Samodith couldn't possibly want her, she was- she was the candidate no one should want, had been absolutely certain no one ever would. "I-"

Samodith crept closer, stooping her proud bearing low to press herself against the sand, to prove that she was no threat, and laid her head at Akaris' feet. Because you are perfect. You are special. You are Mine.

The mental wall crumbled, and so did Akaris, who fell to the sand before Samodith with a sob. The green rushed to carefully - so, so carefully - place paws on her shoulder and envelop her with her wings, eyes filling with rainbows at last.

Mr Cheri
this puddle of not!candidate.

Meepfur
Crew

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:50 am
Rykin

"I don't know what I thought," Rykin admitted, finally settling a bit once the maulings died down and the Impressions started flowing. Though he was well aware that Menankith was a whole and complete individual even without his sister, some part of him had considered dragons tools of a sort, highly intelligent ones, but still... more business-minded than these hatchlings had proven to be by a long shot.

He took in a deep breath to calm himself further while the greens appeared to posture on the sands, watching Impression after Impression. Some of these dragons seemed far more childlike, and Rykin wondered what it might be like to share their minds.

"I guess they're just like us in some ways. Fickle, determined, and everything else."

ShinosBee
Sweet Symmetry
Quote:
still theme-parking it today so feel free to tag around him <333

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:52 am
Roana's congratulations was enough to briefly snap her out of her reverie, almost lost in the wondrous sensations of feeling her bonded's mind. Any of her insecurities, her doubts had been torn away, replaced by the unshakable certainty and love emanating from her partner. Iathe smiled at her friend, her entire face briefly lighting up with unabashed pride and joy. "You too, Roana. And Martirae, of course. And everyone." She added, looking about at the other Weyrlings feeding their dragons. Of course, the mention of Skerath's hurts drew her back, her brows immediately knitting. "She needs to be tended to. I see dragon healers coming though, but thank you." Skerath's wounds had attracted attention, though the sight of strangers approaching, even reaching for her had the green immediately mantling her wings, baring her teeth and snapping at the hand.

"Wait," Iathe snapped at the shocked looking man, reaching out to gently grasp her hatchling's face. "He's going to help you," She spoke out loud for the benefit of the healer. "And then we can make sure you're fed." I don't need him. Her eyes swirled with a vicious red, but purple bled through as she stared up as her rider. Despite her protest, she stood quietly when Iathe nodded to the healer and her wounds were treated, her hide twitching occasionally with small flinches. Still, Skerath paid him no more mind, focused entirely on her rider.

Once the healer was finished, murmuring that the wounds weren't too terrible, Iathe privately allowed herself to feel some relief. She took a seat, beginning to grab some chunks of meat without any sign of squeamishness to feed them to her ravenous green. Skerath bite down hard on one piece, shaking it furiously and sending blood splattering every which way. "Charming," She drawled, and Skerath snorted, hints of green entering her baleful red eyes.

Sinders Path

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:31 am
Zamistia and Nanuth (Impression)

Zamistia had gotten the message from Cozellath and took a deep calming breath. Her older sister's green always knew exactly what to say to make her feel better. Okay, she could do this, there were people who believed in her and the healers would take care of her family and friends who had been wounded. Just as she had thought that, she saw her sister being taken off on a stretcher to the healing tables, knowing they would take care of her.

After that, it seemed like a whirlwind of action going on, as more impressions happened around her. There seemed to be eggs popping up all over the place, ones she didn't remember seeing at all during the touching. One of the eggs called out to them and some of the candidates went over to try to help it out. She seemed to remember they weren't supposed to do that, unless one of the queens asked them to do so. Just as she thought, Fianth jumped into action and ordered the candidates back. She shivered softly at how angry the gold had looked, but didn't blame the mother dragon from being upset. Then a healer came and pulled Riz away from them, which caused a gasp to come from her lips. That just left the girls of the group, though she knew Shar could handle anything coming their way. Plus, it seemed that the drama had mostly ended after the egg incident. There was some bouncing babies that made her smile as she went to stand near her friend, Shar. The only notable drama seemed to be some greens trying to vie for attention.

She had been so lost in everything going on, she hadn't noticed a pudgy brown had come over to their group. Not until she heard a voice inside of her head. It wasn't one she recognized, but this voice new her name and had called her...his. Her eyes looked down just as he bumped into her knee, the most precious brown she could have imagined stared up at her.

ZamistiaMine. Seems my siblings and cousins do not know that there is more to this great world than they understand, but your Nanuth is aware of it. I was waiting to come to you, but I think it is time. I grow weary of these antics, and I am hungryhe spoke. She watched as his eyes burst into impression and her mind seemed to combine with his own. A feeling of love and protection swept over her, as she placed a shaky hand on top of his head. All of the worrying she had done that she wouldn't have a dragon had been for nothing.

You just had not known my egg existed. I would want no one but such a beautiful light as my partner. Come, let us go get food,the brown dragnet suggested. Misty heard the congratulations from her friends and she gave them a smile.

"Thank you for...everything. I would be honored to...still have both of you..as my friends..if you will have me. And hopefully, you and...Riz will be joining...me in this new...journey,"Misty spoke to Shar and Nala. She gave both of them a quick hug, before turning back to Nanuth.

Thank you for looking out for Mine. Much like Zamistia..I would like to get to know all three of her friends better. You have earned my respect,Nanuth spoke to both, with a fondness that only those he or his trusted would hear. Then he felt his riders thoughts about her missing friend and her sister.

Rizdax, Mine wanted you to know that she impressed, in case you didn't see it over there. As I said to the girls, I do hope to get to know you better. She hopes to see you impress too, along with the others. Tizenia, your sister sends her love and wants you to rest. And Cozellath, you are always welcome near my rider, you and your's. You are her family and have done so much for her, both you and her little sister,he thought to those at the healing tables, then to the green belonging to his rider's eldest sister. Then with Zamistia's hand still on his head, they headed over to the feeding table. As much as he preferred his solitary, those who had been good to his rider or were close to her deserved to be allowed in and given his love and protection.

SilverLutz

Hattaki

Prism Shine

magnadearel

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 am
As they new dragon rider pair moved towards the feeding tables, Veltanna’s eyes strayed once more to Fianth and the little egg. I shall go check on my sibling for you! Proclaimed Moirath helpfully.

“What? No!” Was Veltanna’s startled response as her eyes returned to Moirath. “We should not disturb Fianth. She has it well in hand.” She wanted so desperately to go though but knew it wouldn’t be welcome. Right then she was sure Fianth wanted Veltanna no where near the mother or the egg.

Moirath bounced a little higher as she thought. We shall just have to talk to them later! Though, if my sibling doesn’t hatch soon…I shall go! Veltanna hoped that food would distract her little dragon long enough to allow the egg time to hatch uninterrupted.

As the pair reached end of the Sands, Veltanna turned to Gr’del. The look of apology was clear on her face. She gave a bow to the man and secretly hoped that they had not just cost him his job.

Uta

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:14 am
From off to one side on the sands When You Wish Upon a Star gave a very slow, leisurely turn. The egg seemed to almost nestle down in the sands—a lazy rest-day lie-in moment, the egg happily cuddling back down into its warm blanket of sand.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:24 am
Samuel Carlin
Zeraiah

Zyanzi smiled encouragement, holding up Zeraiah with more strength than it looked like he had. Call it his mother hen superpowers activating to get someone to safety.

When they finally hobbled to the healers, he gently lowered Zeraiah to the sands, breathing out a long sigh and stretching, which was quickly stopped as a healer grabbed at his arm. "Please, care for my friend. He's injured." The healer just tutted a grabbed his arm as another healer turned to give attention to Zeraiah. He let out a yelp, the wound smarting as the healer applied numb weed and began cleaning it, before wrapping the wound deftly with a clean bandage.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:10 am
Siv

Oh one or-- no, it looked like the preeny competative greens all Impressed. Well, good on them, she was genuinely happy toi see it, and Siv nodded. This was as it seemed was best -- how she had no idea. She'd heard the dragons always knew -- so maybe that was a thing of truth?

Neat! Idly, Siv shifted, trying to avoid falling due her ssore ankle and settled, humming. They could get throughthese, this wasn't so bad now. Rather nice, really. Good times!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:16 am
YURASTAR

He'd honestly lost count of how many dragonets were on the sands now and that was a fine thing. So long as no one was getting hurt what did it matter the numbers? More dragonets simply meant more lifemates for everyone else and that was an exceptionally good thing.

He did notice from the corner of his eye the faint movement of an egg and it prompted a smile as it settled back down. The sands must have felt wonderful inside an egg, and he wondered if he would be able to get some sleep after all of this was said and done.

---

SOUI

Maybe her eyes had been playing tricks but she thought she saw more eggs seemingly appear and more of them shake. Just how large were these clutches?! This certainly would be something for the records and she couldn't wait to see the look on F'gon's face when she got back to tell him. A lot of dragonets also meant she had a lot of gifts to try and give out to everyone which led Soui to try and match up dragonets with faces.

It wouldn't do if she made a mistake and didn't give someone their gift, right?  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:39 am
Gryffindor shook out his brown hide, letting out a bugle as he started to trot through the Candidates again. Hey, the greens were Impressed! Look back at him now....Please? He wanted to find His.

------------------

You can Fly! let out an excited sound as he moved around the male candidates. One of the boys near him would find his teeth in their sandal and feel a hard tug. Time to play some pranks!

-----------------

Friend like Me let out a pretty croon as she moved back to the clutch that she'd originated from. Where were her siblings? She was alone. Crooning lovingly, she made her way through the eggs. The Candidates were dull right now. Nothing she could do for them....  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:42 am
Helane hadn't heard Jeri yell at her, everything had happened so fast, or so she felt, but wouldn't have been upset with the girl even if she had, she did wonder what HAD she been thinking? ... no wait, she'd been thinking of trying to break the shell for the hatchling.

With dragons bouncing, trying to fly and running around everywhere it was hard to stay down, of course the horror of a short while ago wasn't nearly forgotten but it was easy to get distracted and feel amused by these playful antics, leading Helane to give a big smile. Live in the moment, it was all she could do, since she was sure she would get kicked out if she didn't Impress.

demon_pachabel

tatterpixie

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:45 am
Wispy Blue Mystery Egg Fifteen gave another lurching hop in the sand. Then another. Then a third.

For all the activity in the eggs on the sands, Mystery Blue Eight settled suddenly in the sand with almost an impatient sigh. He'd felt the one he was looking for, so why weren't they here?  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games