Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:53 pm
User Image

User Image
                                          ╞════════════════════╕

Zachary made it a point to get to the feast on time this year. This was mostly because his daughter had gone up to his office and dragged him downstairs when it was time to go. He had been right in the middle of a decent article in the newspaper too. Oh well, at least he had his tea. Today, it was a fresh lemon tea. It was tart, but still sweet at the same time from the sugar. Delicious. He reached over to pick up his cup and take another sip, swallowing some of the steamy beverage. Looking up from his paper, he searched the crowd of students before him until he found his daughter. Monika was sitting with her housemates, smiling at him. She looked happy, but then again, she was always happy. He loved his happy little girl. Zachary smiled back at her and gave her a nod to let her know that she had been noticed before going back to his paper. How did he ever end up so lucky to have a daughter as beautiful, smart and kind as his Monika?

╘════════════════════╡
                                          MUGGLE STUDIES PROFESSORx
                                          FORMER HUFFLEPUFFxxxxxxxx

Love of mine, some day you will die, but I'll be close behind. I'll follow you into the dark.
                                          No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white. Just our hands clasped so tight, waiting for the hint of a spark.
                                          If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied, illuminate the "No"'s on their vacancy signs.
                                          If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark.

X X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:21 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mood: Exuberant
In My Head
In My Heart

It had been an interesting year, but Paige was glad that summer was coming. She had plans for the first time in a long time. As she walked into the Great Hall for the feast, she examined the children. How many of them were moving on from her class to Ada's? Sure, some of them might still come to her for help or about their personal problems, but other than that, she'd only see them at feasts. That was the only problem of sharing the class. Oh well, she looked to the staff table. Not many were here yet, but there was Zachary, the Muggle Studies professor, sitting alone as always. Paige had tried to talk to him once, but he seemed to be off in his own world. Well, there were such a thing as second chances. She sat down in the chair next to him and poured out a cup of tea for herself. "Hello Professor Evans. Wonderful day, isn't it?"

╔══════════════╗
Out of Character:
{...}

╚══════════════╝

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:34 pm
User Image

User Image

Salem Institute Alumnus │ Hogwarts Wizard Law Professor

Noah walked to the staff table, a newish edition of the Daily Prophet tucked under his arm. He liked to stay updated on the goings on in the world, and it was a little hard to do when he was pent up in a castle for nine months every year. Not that it was such a bad thing. He sighed and sat down, placing one leg over the other and letting his eyes run over the headlines of the paper, but soon put it down to look over the students. It was just now that he realized he had never paid much attention during feasts.

Name Here

OOC:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:58 am
User Image

User Image
                                          ╞════════════════════╕

Zachary mulled over the article he was reading until he heard the shuffling of a chair beside him. He glanced over from his newspaper to see Paige Forrest, the Potions professor, sitting beside him. She was pouring herself a cup of tea. He didn't know she liked tea. Not that it was strange to like tea. A lot of people liked tea. It was a very popular drink, after all. Glancing back to his paper, he continued to read the article until she spoke up, greeting him and commenting about how wonderful the day was. Zachary took a second to finish the article he was reading before folding up his newspaper and setting it in his lap. "Good evening, Miss Forrest. I agree, it is quite pleasant. I hope the grading of your final exams went well," he replied. Zachary wasn't fond of this. Talking to people, conversing in general, wasn't his strong point. However, he remembered what his daughter had asked him a while ago. She had asked him to try to befriend more of his coworkers, to attempt to be sociable. So that meant talking about more than just exams... "I assume you have summer plans? Will you be relaxing, vacationing, or spending time at home with your dog?" he added before wondering if that question was a bit too personal.

╘════════════════════╡
                                          MUGGLE STUDIES PROFESSORx
                                          FORMER HUFFLEPUFFxxxxxxxx

Love of mine, some day you will die, but I'll be close behind. I'll follow you into the dark.
                                          No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white. Just our hands clasped so tight, waiting for the hint of a spark.
                                          If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied, illuminate the "No"'s on their vacancy signs.
                                          If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark.

X X

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:43 am

Mood: Exuberant
In My Head
In My Heart

She looked over at him and smiled when he asked if she had plans. "I'm taking a month out of the summer to take my motorcycle and Faith over to the mainland. Starting in France, I'm going to ride around and see a bunch of cities. Get a taste of the food, see the sights." The Professor sipped her tea, added another sugar cube, then sipped it again. There, better. "How about you? Are you and your daughter doing anything special this summer?"

╔══════════════╗
Out of Character:
{...}

╚══════════════╝

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:29 pm
User Image
                                                    I'm gonna take what's in front of me tonight
                                                    Sometimes you just gotta float
                                                    Sometimes the waves are gonna crash you to the shore, whoo
                                                    Sometimes the peace comes
                                                    And settles your soul
                                                    Sometimes the angers so strong
                                                    You just wanna lose control

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                    Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                    ════════════════════════

Timothy had been sitting quietly at the staff table for a while. However, it looked as though it was about time for him to stand and make his usual announcement. The school year had gone smoothly, with the usual hiccups regarding arguing in classes and the like. However, he was hoping that this year, there wouldn't be any sudden surprises waiting for the departing students. Standing, he walked over to the podium and cleared his throat.

"Well now, we find ourselves at the end of another year. For those who just joined us, congratulations for making it through your first year, and for those now leaving, we wish you the best in any endeavors you may pursue in the future. As such, the standings of the cup should be announced." He looked over the tables before looking back to the students. "The house cup standings are thus. In fourth place, with 181 points, is Gryffindor. Third place, with a total of 230 points, goes to Slytherin. Second place, with a total of 440 points, goes to Ravenclaw. And finally, in first place with a total of 530 points as well as the Quidditch Cup, goes to Hufflepuff! Congratulations on your wins. Now, let us tuck in, enjoy the evening, and prepare for your trips back home for the summer."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Another year's gone...
                                                    OOC:

You know when the good times come
                                                    You know the bad gonna come too yeah
                                                    I don't know what to call it
                                                    But I'll just guess I'll call it

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:29 pm
      User ImageUser Image

Delphinus never thought that he would be back at Hogwarts after his graduation. The familiar steps he took as he entered the Great Hall reminded him of his student days, and if he were delusional he'd nyoom right to his old spot at the Gryffindor table. But now, he was an instructor, with a seat reserved at the slightly elevated front. Soon, there would be teens not even a decade younger than he staring up at the rows of educators and probably think, "Wow that is a lot of teachers." At least, that was what Delphy thought when he first walked in as a first year not twelve years ago.

Delphy didn't expect to be the first to arrive, the empty Hall giving him the minor creeps. If his years as a mediwizard taught him anything, the first on his list would be, "Empty buildings are perfect places for people to accidentally die or get shanked in." At Hogwarts, Delphinus was safe (probably), but he still stood at the center of the Great Hall, glancing left and right, and letting the memories of his youth flow through his mind. He also didn't want to be the first to sit down, because then he'll be superbly awkward at the "Adults' Table". That was just the child in him still considering himself to be a young learner at Hogwarts.

oocx ;; { drunk post is crap post LOL }

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:21 pm
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image

It was another year. Landon was looking forward to it like every other. Walking into the great hall with a smile on his face, he surveyed the room. Currently there weren't a lot of people there. However he did notice his niece, for which he gave her a wave and smile. Having it returned Landon looked to the staff table. He noted a new professor.

Walking over to the younger man, Landon smiled at him. "Good evening." The former Hufflepuff greeted. "You must be a new professor. I'm Landon Price, professor of advanced flying." He introduced himself politely. "You're more than welcome to join me." Landon told Delphinus gesturing to the staff table before making his way over and finding a seat for himself.

With: Delphinus

Wearing: Professional

OOC: ---

Utsuha Moon

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:35 pm
User Image
Professor Thorsten Eckstein
Pureblood Professor of Ghoul and Ghost Studies Former Durmstrang, Keltainen

Location : Great Hall - Staff Table

Thorsten walked into the great hall a little more relaxed. Cornelia was officially in charms school. That meant that while he was at Hogwarts she would be there. So he no longer needed to travel between his home and work. Made things easier and he didn't feel so bad for having to work late hours. Cornelia he was sure was enjoying herself at a new school. Taking a seat at the staff table, Thorsten was ready for another year. Hopefully he'd get a good group of students. Looking over the room, he waited patiently for it to fill before the sorting could begin.

With : Fellow Colleges

Wearing : Professional

OOC : - - -

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:12 pm
User Image
User Image
Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ Sᴛᴜᴅɪᴇs Fᴏʀᴍᴇʀ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ

After a rather average summer holiday, Zachary was finally back at Hogwarts with his daughter, his office and his work. Now that Monika was a student here, he preferred spending his time at the castle rather than being home. Surprisingly enough, it was much quieter here than it was back home, less surprising when you realize he lived in the middle of London. At Hogwarts, he could spend a quiet evening in his office with a cup of tea and a newspaper, whereas at home, there were constant noises and distractions, like children playing in the corridors, honking car horns and other various sounds. But, he was here now, and that was the important thing. After saying his goodbyes to his daughter at the train station and letting her ride with her friends, Zachary apparated to Hogsmeade and made his way up to the castle. He got settled in and, by the time he was finished, found that it was time for the feast.

Armed with his trusty copy of the Daily Prophet, the man traveled down from his secluded office and into the Great Hall, which was lit up and properly prepped for the Sorting Ceremony. As the students began to pile in, followed by some of the professors, Zachary skittered along the edge of the Hall to the Staff Table. Not many people were there yet, but he recognized Landon with a newer face. A new professor, perhaps? Although, he seemed rather young. Taking a seat next to Landon, he looked up at the younger man. "Greetings, Professor Price, and hello, sir," he said, warily. It was just his luck that this other man would turn out to be just an older looking student. However, Landon seemed to be under the same impression that he was, so if they were wrong, they could be wrong together.

This is gospel for the fallen ones, locked away in permanent slumber.
                                                    Assembling their philosophies from pieces of broken memories.
                                                    This is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart.
                                                    Their gnashing teeth and criminal tongues conspire against the odds,
                                                    But they haven’t seen the best of us yet. If you love me let me go!
                                                    If you love me let me go! ‘Cause these words are knives and often leave scars.
                                                    The fear of falling apart...

x x x x

OOC: . . .

murruelecreuset

Utsuha Moon

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:11 pm
      User ImageUser Image

It took Delphinus exactly eleven seconds to figure out he looked just as stupid as he felt. Students were filing in one by one, filling the once empty-ish Great Hall. Chatter and laughter, students welcoming each other with outstretched arms on this eve of a new school year. Yet, Delphinus stood, recognizing no one among the teenagers not that much younger than he. Hogwarts didn't change much during his absence, but the air that danced in this magnificent Hall was different.

A voice spoke, and half-sure it was directed towards him (Delphy heard the mention of "new professor"), turned towards the voice's originator. "Ah, um--yes, hello." It would be great if someone gave him a handy-dandy "How to Be a Professor" pamphlet. Even a half sheet of scribbled notes worked. A mechanic nod to the second professor who appeared, Delphinus hastily made his way to an empty seat next to his two senior (Delphy assumed) colleagues.

"Greetings, Professors." Much better start. "My name is Delphinus Ianson. I will be teaching Apparition."

oocx ;; { undrunk moon can english better i think;
                                                  derpy stop acting like a delicate shoujou protag }

murruelecreuset
                                                  The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:53 pm
[Sebastian Eridanos "ℑ𝔞𝔫" Windsor]
Hogwart's Ravenclaw Alumnus Defense Against the Dark Arts 4-7 Professor Pureblood Father

User Image

I do my best to find some kind of glow
                                        I'm giving it some heart and soul now
                                        From the darkest grays, the sun bursts, clouds break
                                        Yeah, we see that fire, from the streets of Babylon

To the road that we've been on now
                                        The kaleidoscope claims another

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- [♅] -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Ian had an eventful summer with his wife and son, as they decided to travel in some parts of Europe as a family vacation. Of course, it took many hours to finally convince his son Jean to take a leave in his Witch Watcher job so that he could hang out with him and his mother. He was honestly surprised about his choice of career though, as he pretty much expected him to be a Wandmaker or a Cursebreaker despite the fact that the pureblooded Windsors were supposed to get a job in the Ministry. But that was fine, at least his nephews and nieces were there to assist the young lad, that way he would have to worry too much about him. Even if it wasn't obvious, Ian was actually quite a rebellious one without even trying, and no matter how his parents tried to pull him out he pretty much was stubborn back then no matter how much he loved them. Anyway, back to reality, he was just approaching the table as per usual, and was looking over the Ravenclaw table before realizing that Jean already graduated. Taking a seat beside the dark-haired man, he greeted, "Hello there, you must be Professor Eckstein, yes? Nice to have you here tonight,"

Oh, well this is life in color (color)
                                        Today feels like no other (other)
                                        And the darkest grays, the sun bursts, clouds break
                                        Oh, well this is life in motion (motion)

And just when I couldn't run this race, no
                                        The sun bursts, clouds break, this is life in color

With :: Torsten Eckstein
Where :: Staff Table
Wearing :: Classy in a Leather Jacket

Out.Of.Classe :: ooc stuff

murruelecreuset

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:01 pm
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image

Landon smiled at the new professor, knowing the first time was always bad on the nerves. You didn’t know what you were really doing and you felt like you were still a student at your respective table. Alas that wasn’t the case anymore as they’d long since graduated. Though, the feeling of walking through the halls as a young boy certainly made fond memories for most.

Turning his attention to the seat next to him, Landon smiled as Zachery greeted the two. “Greetings to you as well Professor Evans.” He greeted him back before turning his attention to Delphinus’ greeting. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Delphinus.” Turning as the first years were being brought in, Landon wondered how many first years would be interested in Quidditch or at the very least flying. He hoped a few or else his work load would be pretty low.

With: Colleges... Delphinus & Zachary

Wearing: Professional

OOC: @The Shiny Furret - I know it's well over due but congratulations on the engagement. sweatdrop

Utsuha Moon
                                    The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:28 pm
User Image
Professor Thorsten Eckstein
Pureblood Professor of Ghoul and Ghost Studies Former Durmstrang, Keltainen

Location : Great Hall - Staff Table

Thorsten sat at the staff table perfectly straight as he watched the students pile in and take their seats. Perhaps if his life was more like these students he wouldn’t have turned out the same way. Maybe he’d be more outgoing or average. Honestly he didn’t know, he kept to himself and was always considered the odd one of any group. Fiddling with his pocket watch, Thorsten’s attention shifted to the seat next to him.

Putting the pocket watch back in his pocket, Thorsten gave a polite nod to Ian. “Yes, Professor Thorsten Eckstein. I teach ghost studies.” He answered in his usually monotone ascent. “Nice to be here...” He knew it wasn’t often that people saw him during dinner hours as he was usually at home with his daughter. Usually he made it a habit of making sure he was present for both the sorting and ending year feasts. This year would be different he knew. “You… Professor Windsor, Yes?” Thorsten asked just making sure. He was pretty sure he was right. Not that he really talked to his colleges which was something he needed to change.

With : Fellow Colleges... Ian

Wearing : Professional

OOC : - - -

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:30 pm
[Sebastian Eridanos "ℑ𝔞𝔫" Windsor]
Hogwart's Ravenclaw Alumnus Defense Against the Dark Arts 4-7 Professor Pureblood Father

User Image

I do my best to find some kind of glow
                                        I'm giving it some heart and soul now
                                        From the darkest grays, the sun bursts, clouds break
                                        Yeah, we see that fire, from the streets of Babylon

To the road that we've been on now
                                        The kaleidoscope claims another

Ian didn't seem to notice about Thorsten's monotonous atmosphere, not one bit. But then again, Ian was one of those people who just neutral about everything around him that did not affect anything negatively. He wasn't exactly the social butterfly in this staff table, either, but that didn't mean he was super distant to anyone compared to that Herbology professor. Nodding in clarification of his name, he said, "Yes, Sebastian Windsor. Though, my friends call me Ian usually, I teach Defense Class to the upperclassmen" He shrugged and took a lean against the back of his seat, taking a look at one student to another as each of them were being sorted by an old hat, humming, "So, you look like someone who isn't from Hogwarts but that's fine. Anything eventful about your summer?"

Oh, well this is life in color (color)
                                        Today feels like no other (other)
                                        And the darkest grays, the sun bursts, clouds break
                                        Oh, well this is life in motion (motion)

And just when I couldn't run this race, no
                                        The sun bursts, clouds break, this is life in color

With :: Torsten Eckstein
Where :: Staff Table
Wearing :: Classy in a Leather Jacket

Out.Of.Classe :: ooc stuff

murruelecreuset

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items