Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:33 am
Martirae and Gold Anakumath

"Hope is a loaded word, I try not to use it," Marty replied honestly. "But truly, I am glad there will be some familiarity in this place," she offered no smiles, but the severe edge to her expression left her at least. Not soft, but less cutting. With no prompting - none was needed to feel the edge of hunger in her gut (maybe it was having missed breakfast?) - she fed another cut of meat to Anakumath who ate it with as much gentleness as one could when they weren't meant to chew.

Ulendoth, tell me of yours, she asked fondly, looking up at Roana from her beloved's knee with interest. She'd seen the girl, certainly, but she hadn't seen the girl - the lense of a bonded dragon was quite different and she wanted to see Roana through those rose tinted lenses her cousin held.

Marty, on the other hand, perked up in her seat when Iathe rounded the corner, a new interesting face in the crowd of those who had impressed. She looked at the wounded green that accompanied the woman, a small frown creasing her face - but not speaking up before one of the many capable Dragonhealers standing by had come to look her over. "She's beautiful," Marty said, barely patting a seat next to her before Iathe was already feeding the unintroduced green.

Skerath. One of my many beloved sisters, Anakumath explained, the gold readily reaching out to nudge the prickly green affectionately before she was set to her meal. Her very messy meal. That sort of zest suited her, however. At least, Marty got a strong sense of such satisfaction from her lifemate. That beautiful, beautiful dragon that was content in her feeding and now just resting her head on her knee.

Sinders Path

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:33 am
Cavera - High Reaches Candidate

Cavera’s eyebrows shot up, pulling her hand away as she accidentally made the girl shriek. “H-hey, it’s okay. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” She glances up, looking at the eggs. “Still so many to hatch, huh..? Is this your first time standing? It is for me.” The woman tries for a smile, wanting to be reassuring.

houllow

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:34 am
Rune - HR - IMPRESSION

My Rune.... It was surprising, the sound of a voice brushing her mind, the sound of something that reminded her a bit of Fianth brushing her attention. What....Was that? Your... Saevath... cannot come... to you. Please. Please find me, Mine. Mine. There was a dragon calling her MINE. Rune's heart leapt in to her throat and she looked from Imperio, to the injured Crucio with a desperate cry of fear and love. This was her Dragon. This was her Saevath. Shards and shells, "I NEED A HEALER!" It was without hesitation that the girl ran across the sands, heedless of her twin, scooping the tiny green in her arms. Her eyes were graying, her skin dulling, and Rune would NOT allow this to happen. She was not going to lose something else.

She'd lost her home. She'd lost her family, and it felt, sometimes, like she'd lost Rhys. Faranth be DAMNED she wasn't going to lose her Dragon! Even if I have... been... bad... Save me. Please. There was a furious hiss of anger, the girl running to the weyrling area with her dragonet, not caring that her robe was staining with Ichor, not caring for anything but her beloved. "You weren't bad. You did what you had to do, my Saevath. You're going to be fine. I will NEVER let anything bad happen to you....NEVER again! HEALER!" Don't let this precious little one die....She couldn't bear it....  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:53 am
With the tiniest shift, When You Wish Upon a Star egg wiggled just a bit snugger into the sand, oblivious to the drama unfolding. Zzz...Zzz...Zzz...  

ShinosBee

Nerd

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:17 pm
From the healer station, Ticene didn't have the best view. Really she was a little too tired to really mind all that much. All being over there had gotten her was a sliced up back and several pints less blood. At some point a very helpful healer had pushed a cup of water into her hands and told her to drink it while she sat. Something about needing to replace fluids. It made sense, so she didn't question it. Whether she had been capable of doing so was doubtful at best anyway.

Taking a sip from the cup, she looked out across the sands, her view blocked by many a candidate. How many eggs and hatchlings were left now anyway? Turning her head as slowly and carefully as possible the candidate squinted towards the feeding station for the new dragons. How many was that? It was hard to see exactly among the little throng how many dragons there were, but counting the people was a touch easier. It looked to be around twenty. Not even half the eggs had impressed yet. It felt like so much had happened already. What if the other half of the clutch was the same as this one. The healers must be dreading that too. How many supplies did they usually bring to these events. Ticene was sure that some poor apprentice healer had been made to run up to the infirmary to get more supplies. In her time here, Tic had seen a fair few get patched up and head back out onto the sands. Then there were the healers that were out there patching up a bit further a field.

Maybe she should head back out there. The pain wasn't as sharp as it was. It was certainly still there, but it wasn't so bad as before. Then again that was while sitting down. Maybe while standing it would be worse. Might also be better. Still her legs felt like they were shaking before she even asked them to support her. She lifted a hand and held it straight, letting out a disapproving hum, at the way it shook in front of her. Perhaps a little later she'd be in better shape.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:18 pm
Siv

Hey, the first angry little green finally Impressed!....Good, good... To be honest Siv was getting worried about the dragonets whom hadn't Impressed yet -- wasn't that dangerous? And she'd taken a while, almost longer than the first dragon, and... Well, no, she also got hurt... Hmm....

Siv hummed and hawwed, making mental notes as to what was going on and began comparing them to her observations so far. So far it looked like it could be either, really -- she didn't have enough information to judge. She really wished she could get more but she also REALLY DI"DN'T want to put the dragonets in danger -- if SHE was hankering for breakfast despite adrenaline, they were likely hungry. Hangry? Could dragonets be born hangry?

THERE was a thought and Siv entirely tuned the area out to think on this. Hmmm....  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
Rhys - HR

Oh....His sister had Impressed. That was good...He was glad for her...and yet at the same time, there was a hint of bitterness. Rune had someone now, had her Green that would be with her for the rest of her life. He was glad, he was! But....Well. Shaking his head, he decided to distract himself with notes on the clutches again. There would be a lot to go over, and a lot he wanted to write down. He didn't want to think about the rest quite yet.

Rune of Green Saevath - HR Weyrling

The healers didn't have much of an easy time with Saevath. Hands worked as they could, and all the green did was lazily snap at them. She didn't have the energy to fight them off quite yet. At least Hers was looking at them, making sure no one did anything foolish. Hissing as one started on one of the larger wounds, the green snapped again, grumbling as her Rider gently guided her nose back down. She offered small scraps of meat as distraction, holding Saevath close on her lap. This was her beloved, and nothing bad would ever happen to her again...And if you can't stop it, I certainly will. No one will ever compare to us again. The little Green reached out to Cadereth, laughter in her mind, Look at what we've each found, dearest brother.

Teiha

Nimueh and Brown Mharlith

He's not coming. Not yet. Not willingly.
Mharlith informed his rider with a disproving rumble. Nim only sighed.
Of course not. But in a moment he won't have much choice.

The healers were moving onto the sands. Only a select section of the healers were trained to go onto the sands during an active hatching so Nim was not left that option, she had to wait at the side lines. She was not idle either. After Riz turned her down she had little option but to turn her attention to the other poor souls being deposited for treatment. Playing nurse for now she dug out the correct supplies for each patient and made sure there were several batches of numbweed open and ready to go.

However as she predicted one of the roaming healers soon caught up to her brave little red, dragged him off the sands and deposited him at her feet without word of ceremony.
Oh Riz.
As he fell to his knees Nim slid down with him. Luckily she still had bandages in her hand and she used one to clear the majority of the blood away from his face, after that she pressed a second clean wad of Linen to the source of the wound. Taking his pale shaking hand she raised it to press the reddening fabric into place. "There, keep it tight there for me." She instructed soothingly. "You did so well today, I'm so proud of you even if that was infuriatingly stupidly brave, We'll have you patched up in no time." She promised, leaning forward she pressed a motherly kiss to his head, stroking blood soaked hair back from his face and then looked up to see if any of the more experienced trauma healers were on hand. Once she had caught the eye of a black haired man of middling years with the right knot on his shoulder she nodded him over.

It wasn't instant. Riz was still conscious. Responsive and being treated, so Nim still had a few minutes of solo care for the boy. "Right lets get you out of those robes." They were covered in sand and blood, sticking to the wound and getting in the way of seeing what the real damage was. To save modesty Nim wrapped Riz's lower half in a blanket before using surgical scissors to cut away the ruined traditional hatching day dress. After that there was more blood to mop up. By the time she was done, the healer had reached them and Nim moved aside to let him inspect the damage.

Hattaki

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:20 pm
Taibbi

There were a dozen hatchlings on the sand. Maybe more. Taibbi had lost count. She'd known going in how many eggs there were - the odds of Impressing had been on every candidate's mind since they were clutched - but in all the ensuing excitement of the eggs hatching, Taibbi had completely lost track of greens and browns and blues. Even which eggs had already hatched and which eggs had yet to hatch had slipped the candidate's mind. She was just so tired.

In fact, Taibbi was tired enough that she was swaying on her feet, which were sore from so much standing, and also from the sands' extreme heat. She envied those who had Impressed because they had found lifemates, but also because they no longer had to stand on the burning sands. It had all begun so early and her emotions had been spiking and falling ever since she awoke, and she simply didn't have much left to work with. She gazed blearily at whichever dragons were closest with a thousand-yard-stare, not really even seeing them anymore.

Her hands formed fists, jagged nails digging deliberately into her palms to try to wake herself up with those tiny cuts. She would see this through.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:41 pm
Kinyegele

"No, not behind you. Just...behind. I..." Kinye twisted the front of her robes awkwardly, trying not to frown. "All of my family are dragonriders..." she paused and glanced over the sands to try and see if she could spot her brothers, "or candidates. And just.....everybody has fallen into the role so easily and I worry that maybe I just......" She flashed back to that question in Gr'del's handwriting, 'Why'.

"I'm afraid of not having the drive for it, or that maybe the actual work won't suit me or....that I don't have a good enough reason," it was weird to get the words out of her mouth. "That maybe I'm here because I want a dragon, not because I want to serve and be useful and put my life towards something big." On paper, it was easy to think she *did* have all those reasons, but there was still the idea that maybe she wouldn't measure up in person.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:46 pm
Fianth
The golden dragon continued to watch the clutch and her eggs closely. She was still hovering over the Poor Unfortunate Souls Egg, but the rest of her clutch was being looked at carefully, and periodically nudged tenderly. The young ones that were still out and about would get crooned at, but her eyes had not yet lost their red and yellow of alarm.

Still, she let her claws drift over the egg. Something was going to have to be done about that....but only when the little egg was ready. Thankfully, she had claws, and the strength of a queen. While Candidates weren't often encouraged to interfere with eggs, there was no such rule about a dragon.

Thankfully, her temper was beginning to cool.

- - -

Pink & Blue Mystery Blue Three was pleased when Father lowered his head. Yes. This was what he needed, what he wanted. Giving the scarred up dragon a little nuzzle, he stepped up on the other, and settled happily upon his head, like some radiant crown. Giving Krahsujunth's headnob a little n**, he pulled up, as if to command the other that it was now time to go.

Yes, look at him Candidates. Look at him world. This was so much better than where he'd been. He could get a much higher view. Now, it was time to go looking for His, on his suitable mount. The little blue seems to make himself comfortable, looking down with judgment and scorn upon the remaining Candidates.

Hmm. This was the best High Reaches could offer? This was going to be one trying morning already...

ShinosBee

- - -
Dementor Blue
The dragon continued to drift among the Candidates, pausing now and then to sniff at the wounded, or to stare judgingly at anyone who looked like they were having too much fun. Ugh. He just wanted this whole thing to be over with already, but finding the perfect one wasn't easy. Him? No. Her? Not at all. That one? No. No, no, no. A world of no. Where was his yes? Where was his...perfect match?

The dragonet gave a little questioning creel, the first sound he'd made since he'd hatched. Well. Surely, someone out there was meant for him? Just his luck. Life was miserable enough and now he couldn't find His. Why had he even bothered to have hatched at all?

- - -
Mystery Green
The bouncy little green continued to pick her way among the Candidates. No one here seemed to want to play, which was a bit discouraging. The one Candidate she'd approached early immediately had turned around to Impress; then all the greens had come out and stolen the show. Where was the fun? Well... maybe if she found Hers she could get them to play!

Bounding cheerfully through the crowd of tattered robes, she peeped encouragingly at those who passed.

- - -
Bright Red Mystery Egg: A few more wobbles, a few more tests. Really now... this was terribly exhausting. Shake, shake, shake. Shake, shake, shake.

- - -
Zebra Striped Mystery Egg Thirteen Another wobble, another push. The little egg rolled to its side, caught by nearby sand. Whoever was in there was trying to get out, and it needed out so desperately! Scratch, scratch, scratch, push. It rolled again, the being inside struggling. Still, whoever was in there was determined... It needed out and it needed out soon!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:52 pm
FISHER

Fisher wasn't one for complicated things like Kinye appeared to be confessing to her, and the larger girl tilted her head. "You coulda said no if you really didn't want to." She shrugged her shoulders. "I mean, I was raised a fisher - fishin' is the only thing I know in life an' I supposed I was gonna end up bein' one someday. I still might, but I happened to say 'yes' to some naked lady an' her dragon first." Fisher winked at that comment though the memory was really weird. They both had been more or less naked.

"Also, what's wrong with wantin' sommin'? It's just basic human nature to want things at first an' then adapt to whatever comes with it afterward." This little kid was entirely too hard on herself. "I'm here cause I just want a dragon so I can go back out an' make sure my dads are safe at sea, not to serve some super huge noble cause or whatever. Does that make me awful or bad?"

Fisher certainly didn't think she was a bad person. Sometimes selfish but never bad,

demon_pachabel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:55 pm
With unending patience (perhaps surprisingly so from the commonly gruff blue), Krahsujunth waited for his son to scramble up onto his head. Once securely nestled, the wedge head rose and rose and rose, to offer the tiny blue the best view of all those present on the sands and in the stands. The tugging nips his son gave were precious, and barely notable beyond a faint tickle, but he heeded them with amused indulgence. One of them is right for you. We will find them.

With slow, steady paces the huge blue moved towards the crowds, offering a sweeping view for his seeking son. Despite his words before, he was inclined to agree. None here were good enough for any of his children, if you asked him...but perhaps that was how all fathers felt.
Uta
@Pink and Blue Mystery Blue Three

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:02 pm
Embarassed beyond words, and sure he was going to be not only the only person left who'd walk off the sands with no dragon (because what dragon could possibly want someone who seemed to be primarily good at looking like an idiot for dragons to have a good laugh at.... shards he was reasonably sure at this point a -flit- wouldn't look at him twice, Saekagi just gave a humiliated look at Hellaku and scowled at his own toes.

"...I mean sure, we can move back up, some of them probably haven't had a chance to have a good laugh at me before they go impress."

He was aware he was being exceptionally sour about it, but he felt. SO. STUPID. And he was going to be in SUCH TROUBLE. FOREVER.

He shot a sympathetic look at the Dementor blue as well, and tried his best to rally a tired bit of encouragement. The blues partner had to be out there, it was just... sort of a bit of a show on the sands. It would probably settle, and he'd find his. Even Crucio had found hers, though he didn't like to think how gray the little green had looked, even with her eerie laugh.  

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:05 pm

Expecto Patronum rolled out of his egg in a grand cartwheel. Tada! See? He was here to save the-- ... Oh. The day had already been saved! The little blue gave a cheep, running up to first Expelliarmus and then Gryffindor to say hello!

Hello! Clearly he had been late to the game, but he was here just in case anything went south again. And he would certainly be here to stop Dementor if the other blue decided to cause trouble. You hear that, D? EP sees you!

Except EP was a little distracted by something that was going on elsewhere. His big, also blue Uncle Krah was playing with one of his cousins, and that looked like so much fun! He couldn't fly yet, true, but maybe with Krahsujunth's help -- err.

Late again. The little blue wilted, but then perked up immediately, realizing that he had something even better than extra flying capacity! He had Kronoseth! Daddy, daddy, can we play together? You can be the monster an' I'm gonna be the hero, okay? So saying, the little blue ran up to his large brown Papa, and stared up, and up, and up. So high! Maybe Daddy wanted to play?

Uta

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games