Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Post pictures of yourself! (Now with correct Gramm-R!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 734 735 736 737 738 739 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you have a pic.
  yes
  no
View Results

Sheko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:38 am
Alarias

@Sheko - Your hair looks really pretty *is jealous*

Aww! Thanks. ^^ It can be a pain in the a** sometimes because it's so thick and curly. emo  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:45 am
@Everyone who commented:::
Thank-you biggrin biggrin biggrin

x

TieselGirl09

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:41 pm
AlcoholicPancake
lazycommie
She's a 1975 Yugoslavian SKS M59/66 sporting a 4x32 scope.

Doesn't that rifle have a tendency to jam up often? Or am I thinking of a different one?

Definitely a different one. The SKS has a reputation(well earned) of being more reliable than an AK as well as more accurate, at the cost of weighing more and being more costly to manufacture. The Yugo variant takes the "weighs more" aspect to extremes in exchange for making it even more reliable with an even wider range of loadings as well as rifle grenades.

I have several hundred rounds of ridiculously dirty ammo through mine, both Wolf and Yugo surplus, without a single stoppage of any kind. It'll eat anything I feed it happily. Yugo surplus is dirtier, but much more accurate and it's the only stuff I stock anymore. Wolf is low-quality ammo, but used to be very cheap.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:26 am
User Image

Picture's not clear enough to be able to tell, but it was srsly bucketing down then. biggrin
User Image

My girlfriend, desperately trying to avoid the camera. whee She's so cute, even more so with snow in her hair~
User Image

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:34 am
You lie, I can see so far down the road. =P  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:36 am
You are very lucky bass  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 am
Jaft
You lie, I can see so far down the road. =P
User Image

You're right, I do lie. I just remembered I couldn't get my damn camera to take the picture when it was really snowing. Damn thing is to temperamental.

xd

@Psycha whee Thankies~

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:40 pm
Im bored... so heres me...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Agent_of_Misfortune

Sowunni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Hey, down there on my siggy! ;D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:18 pm
lazycommie
AlcoholicPancake
lazycommie

Doesn't that rifle have a tendency to jam up often? Or am I thinking of a different one?

Definitely a different one. The SKS has a reputation(well earned) of being more reliable than an AK as well as more accurate, at the cost of weighing more and being more costly to manufacture. The Yugo variant takes the "weighs more" aspect to extremes in exchange for making it even more reliable with an even wider range of loadings as well as rifle grenades.

I have several hundred rounds of ridiculously dirty ammo through mine, both Wolf and Yugo surplus, without a single stoppage of any kind. It'll eat anything I feed it happily. Yugo surplus is dirtier, but much more accurate and it's the only stuff I stock anymore. Wolf is low-quality ammo, but used to be very cheap.

Ahhh, thank you for clearing that up for me. You say you put some dirty ammo through there, so this makes me want to ask, how long does it take to clean the chamber, and how hard is that gun to open up and clean? Does it have way to many parts like the M4 Assault, or only a couple which makes it easier and more efficient?

@Sowunni - How old are you? You look really young in that picture. You look nice though.

@Agent - You look a lot like my friend Clay, not that it's a bad thing, I'm just saying.

@Bass - Looks like that would have been a fun place to take a walk.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Sowunni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:48 pm
AlcoholicPancake

@Sowunni - How old are you? You look really young in that picture. You look nice though.

I'm 15 years old.
;O

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 pm
AlcoholicPancake
lazycommie
AlcoholicPancake
lazycommie

Ahhh, thank you for clearing that up for me. You say you put some dirty ammo through there, so this makes me want to ask, how long does it take to clean the chamber, and how hard is that gun to open up and clean? Does it have way to many parts like the M4 Assault, or only a couple which makes it easier and more efficient?

Not long at all. I actively love cleaning my guns, but even if I shoot corrosive ammo like Yugo surplus it takes me maybe 20 minutes to do a full cleaning, or 30 seconds to just run windex through it to wash out the corrosive salts. I clean and oil it regularly even when I don't shoot it, because I like to.

It can be opened up and cleaned without any tools(much like the AR platform like the M4 can be) and field stripped very easily. The trigger group is the only complicated part, and that's all in one group that you don't have to disassemble. You just take it and clean it as a unit, since it comes off the gun as a unit. Takes me about 50 seconds to take it down fully and maybe a minute to put it back together, less if it's just field stripping or if I'm putting the regular receiver cover(not the scope mount one) on, since it goes on easier.

Should we take this to the phunkeh thread?  

lazycommie

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 pm
Nice, so it's an easily cleaned gun with not much disassemble time, and it's constructed in units for easy cleaning... I needs to get me a gun like that. Seems much more efficient than anything I have access to right now.

@Sowunni - Wow... You look a bit younger than that even.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:19 pm
AlcoholicPancake
Nice, so it's an easily cleaned gun with not much disassemble time, and it's constructed in units for easy cleaning... I needs to get me a gun like that. Seems much more efficient than anything I have access to right now.

@Sowunni - Wow... You look a bit younger than that even.

They're also rather inexpensive. A Yugo one like mine will run you maybe $200. Russian ones will run you like 3-400, as will Chinese ones(which are the most accurate). SKS-D and SKS-M rifles(Chinese SKS's designed to take AK mags) are rare but SO worth the money, around 3-600.

For the price of a high-end SKS-M, I'd go for an AR instead. I'd take an SKS over an AK, because the SKS is much more accurate.  

lazycommie

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:26 pm
Just cause I realized the new people don't know what I look like... PICCIES!!

User Image
i LOVES my corset... tis pretty

User Image
this was when we were first getting my hunny bunny

User Image
yeah I know... these are all old pics, I need new ones  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 734 735 736 737 738 739 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games