Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:20 pm
K’rou and bronze Cadereth

You are wise, my K’rou, Cadereth rumbled. And your priorities are clearly in the right place.

The slender man did not respond immediately. He was equal parts delirious joy and inconsolable mourning. He had never been particularly affectionate with any of his brothers in the past, but he had imagined that if he were to find one of them living, they would have shared a single heartfelt embrace—just to convince each other they were real and not dreaming. Cadereth’s presence in his mind and beside him was the most intensely good feeling he’d ever had, and it was being… spoiled by some insignificant spare.

He is not insignificant, K’rou snapped. It was so new and strange, sharing thoughts with another.

Cadereth merely looked at him, the red in his eyes swelling for a moment. Isn’t he? What use is a dragonless child to us? He cannot gain power here, nor has he any sway. The dragonet took a few paces, then paused again. Though his anger is… delightful.

That spurred the man with another wave of guilt. Cadereth ignored it, fixing his gaze upon the numerous piles of meat as they joined the other new weyrlings at the feeding table. K’rou immediately began handing pieces to his bronze, absorbing himself in the dragon’s pleasure at having that gnawing first hunger sated.

At Saevath’s words, Cadereth deigned to send a small taste of approval to his… excitable sister, even as he bared his teeth in a perverse approximation of a human smile. Yes. A lord and lady worthy of us. After that pathetic herd of gutless curs that sullied my shell, I thought I might have to settle. But my perfect K’rou was here today.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:21 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Nala did her best not to cling to Shar when she noticed a baby blue sitting on the adult blue’s head and walking the sands. What were they doing? Was someone in trouble? And another blue ran to the brown father.

She shifted from foot to foot. Her feet were aching and her stomach was growling! There was still so many hatchlings running around.

SilverLutz
Shar

magnadearel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:26 pm
Rune of Green Saevath

What fortune. You should see the delicious rage in mine, and her connections are so nice... She chose not to share that delightful tidbit with Rune, just to her brother. She was loyal to him, devoted to the core. She wanted to PLAY her games, and only Cadereth could help her play them properly. Rune looked down at Hers with a raised brow, the sudden calm making her sigh, rolling her eyes, "If you're plotting, it'd be nice for you to share." The overflow of love that she got in turn made her relax a bit, nuzzling in to the Green's nose, "....Yeah, I know...You'll tell me everything....In time." They were each other's perfect match, weren't they? They belonged.

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:31 pm
SOUI

"Ah no I'm really sorry I was just....really focused on the dragonets. I tend to get really absorbed in things I find interesting." Soui felt really ashamed to have been startled by kindness considering she'd been feeling a bit lonely only moments before. "And um, yes. This is my first time hatching. Are you...not from here? I'm from Western."

The other person looked so much older than she did and Soui wondered just how it could be her first time. Didn't all people start standing from the age of fourteen and onward? "I really like looking at all these babies. They have such unique and vibrant personalities so it's not boring at all to watch them."

Even the violent dragonets were still facinating and Soui had been so pleased to see that they'd impressed off. Truly there was someone out there for everyone and part of her was slowly starting to wonder if there was someone for her. As long as she kept telling herself everything was okay and she made the correct choice then this wouldn't be a mistake.

"Do you...have one you like?" Soui had an egg she was thinking of, among many others, but that was neither here nor there.

Prism Shine

------

YURASTAR

Blues riding on their dads were the cutest things he'd ever seen. He'd wished someone could paint a picture so he could take it home to show his sisters and brothers.

-----

HAVELI

Haveli was still feeling bitter and slowly becoming uninterested. All of her plans had been tossed into the air and she was feeling like she'd been caught flatfooted.

Things would need to be fixed if this were to continue.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:38 pm
Cedarian: Impression
The young man had been watching the Hatching quietly with the other girl. After what happened with the bronze, the death of the boy, and the chaos that ensued after he wondered if perhaps his judgment and thoughts had somehow... perhaps... added to the dragonet's pain. Some of them had seemed rather terribly upset, and he was unsure if that was simply Rhianth's strong blood flowing through them, or if it was due to outside aggravation. While he would never admit to it, he wasn't so heartless as to think that perhaps his haughty judging of Candidates might have bordered on negative.

He had thought his thoughts had been kind when it came to the dragon. He didn't judge color like some, and certainly didn't look down is nose at the babies or their actions. But the Candidates... Well, those he looked down upon freely. Some of them he knew, at least in passing as fellow Western Candidates, and others were mysteries being that they were High Reaches natives. But all of them, each of them... He couldn't help it. Judgment was just something the boy happened to have in droves. It wasn't that any of them were beneath him, he just...was so much better. And he would be greater still once he Impressed. This was only his third Hatching, after all, and greatness took time to be created.

He would not rush His, whoever, wherever, whenever that might be. There were a lot of eggs left to hatch. His eyes drifted over the two newly hatched greens, both of them lovely and graceful. They both had confidence in droves, and seemed to know exactly what they wanted... And that wasn't him. Any disappointment at being passed over was held in. He wasn't the sort to wear his emotions out on his sleeve, and was in too much self-control to look an upset mess. He would sort out his feelings later, when there were no prying eyes to see.

That was the one! CedarianMine, will you please come closer? You're so very far away and your Cythereath is so tired. The voice was not one he recognized, and it certainly hadn't come from any of the nearby Candidates. In fact it... It came from her.

His brows knit, and he immediately turned to the source. There, too far away, much too far away, was the most beautiful creature he'd ever laid eyes upon. Oh, he had seen her before, certainly...but not with the eyes of the newly Impressed. While she had been lovely and perfect, she'd been having trouble and hadn't seemed interested in anyone in particular. The fact that he had been looking at other dragons, other greens... In a moment, he almost felt shamed.

Their memory was burned out of him as soon as that mind touched and enveloped his. Even from a distance, he was there with her; even from across the Sands, he could feel her touch Imperio. He said nothing to the girl next to him, nothing to anyone. He pushed his way through the crowd, unable to get to the green's side fast enough. "Cythereath," he whispered, testing the name upon his lips, even as he allowed himself to drop to his knees in the sands. There was no one else but the most precious, most beautiful, most wonderful, most clever little green on Pern.

She was perfection. She was lovely. And miraculously, she was all his. The dragons, the Candidates, his fears, his secrets, his joys--none of that mattered now that she was in his life. She knew everything about him and accepted him, flaws and all. And yet, there were no flaws, not in her eyes, for she loved him more than anyone, or anything on Pern ever could or would. She was what he'd been waiting for, she was what he didn't know he'd been missing.

Do you love me as much as I love you? she asked, her tone slightly plaintive, and just this side of vulnerable.

"Love isn't a strong enough word, precious," he spoke, words thick with emotion. He didn't want to cry, didn't want to weep with joy, and yet... He felt better then he had ever had. Any insecurities or fear her had were immediately wiped away. Any concerns about not being good enough in the eyes of his family, any worries that his Father might have been right about being worthless were washed away by the every pouring, every present love and devotion from his most perfect green.

He knew her immediately. He knew what a beast she had been by faking her trauma at stray thoughts and words; he knew that she had simply wanted attention, and had managed to get it with hardly lifting a paw. But there was no judgment from him--in fact, he could only smile with wonder. How clever she was! My heart is yours, sweet Cythreath.

The delicate green, whose eyes were awash with rainbow, crooned fondly up at him. This was a love that was true, and was what she needed. What they both needed.

"Now, my darling pet, shall we?" He spoke softly, feeling, knowing that how tired she was after all that, and the terrible hunger within her. She also wanted her siblings and clutchmates to see her. She'd been away from them for far too long. The green made a pitiful little cheep, drooping against Cedarian. She could walk...but why should she? She was tired and Cedarian so obliging. In fact, the green didn't have to ask. Scooping up the green in his arms, careful of her wings, man had no shame carrying out the most perfect, most beautiful dragon on all Pern.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:45 pm
Roana and Green Ulendoth.

While Iathe was supervising the treatment of her poor yet stubborn Green, Ro slid back into the seat beside Marty to continue feeding her own beloved. "Me too." Roana admitted. "From what I've heard leaving Western for High reaches will be...an adjustment." Plus she was leaving behind both the sea and her beloved Nicara. Ulendoth was the only thing on pern that made those sacrifices worth it.

Ulendoth paused in her feeding and crooned up at her, sensing her riders shift to more gloomy contemplation. Ro instantly found her smile returning for that sweet face and dear concern. I'm okay, just getting a bit lost in day dreams. She promised her partner. Luckily Anakumath was on hand to distract Ulendoth before she could press her rider with any more questions on the subject.
Like most of the dragons around the feeding station Ulendoth still pulsed with pride at her own unique selection of rider and she was only too happy to wax lyrical about her riders virtues.
My Roana is an adventure, she has seen the seas and promised to tell me about it all so we can fly to them together as soon as I am big enough. She is strong too. Tough, we are not going to be beaten by anything the big wide world of pern has to throw at us. I am already seeing that people like to be quite bossy and demanding though. So it will be best if we can be put in charge quickly. My rider would be an excellent wing leader.

Unaware of her dragon singing her praises and already planning their future. Roana shuffled along the seats to make room for Iathe. "I am glad your Green girl isn't badly hurt, though she looks pretty tough. I'm going to need you both to show us around the weyr."
She wouldn't have gotten hurt at all if she hadn't been attacking candidates for no reason. The green chimed in, opening her channels to her rider and the surrounding dragons.
"Ulendoth. Iathe and..."
Skerath
"...Skerath are our friends! We don't talk to them like that."
But she caused a lot of others pain and if i hadn't found you first she could have hurt you too. The green persisted stubbornly. She knew she was right, they both did.
"Ulendoth, I am sure she had her reasons. Now is not the time to talk about it."
The young green puffed up for a moment looking ready to continue the argument but this was her rider, someone she had chosen for being her head strong match and after a brief battle of wills she settled again and took another bite of meat.

Roana turned to Iathe with a slightly sheepish look. "I'm sorry about Ulendoth shes...opinionated."
demon_pachabel

Tsunake

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:52 pm
That was twice today that someone had given him some sort of praise, but it was the first time in his life that anyone had ever told him that they were proud of him. If he had all but leaned into her hands as she cleaned all the blood off his face and then kissed his head it was because the small child buried deep inside under layers and layers of traumatic memories and prickly exterior hadn't had much in the way of affection in more than a decade. Least of all from an adult that acted as a mother figure. So it was that he did exactly as he was told, pressing the fabric as hard against the damage to his face as he could and used the other hand to wipe away proof of his emotions.

Because with each inch of his robes that were cut away he felt his hopes crash down along with them. Sure, he was with the healers and they told him that there was hope when he was in his lessons that people could still impressed even when at the healers station on the sands, but Rizdax felt crushed for just the briefest of moments. Yes, he'd protected his friends and of that he was thrilled, even more thrilled when he felt the touch of a baby dragon, Zamistia's baby dragon. If she'd been shredded up or possibly killed by that green then it wouldn't have happened. It was enough that he felt that uprush of joy for her, for the two of them, that he didn't argue when the healers began to work on his face and chest.

Stitches, numbweed, it was all a blur, he didn't care anymore as he'd fulfilled his one job this day and even if he'd not meet his dragon he felt a bittersweet joy that all his friends were safe and still out there to meet their partners. He started to push out something, desire or hope? to every dragon even if they couldn't feel it. Please just.... if Shar, Ielin, Cavera, or Nalacko had a dragon out there, please let them find them. Please let them be happy.

Pain shot through his face when the healer pressed a thumb into his jaw and a grunt of pain ripped from him at the force. "Broken, this'll need set and wired up after the hatching is over, that explains all the silence most likely." Numbweed was smeared all across the left side of his jaw and for the first time since that green had slapped him in the face with her claws Rizdax felt the pain subside just a bit. "Just stay here, you aren't bleeding anymore so the worst of the danger is over but you can't go back out there as weak as you are. Just make sure you stay conscious for now and if you need more numbweed just let us know." Part of the words were spoken to him and he could tell the other words were for Nimueh but he didn't care anymore. Stay conscious for what?

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:54 pm
Akaris and Samodith
Akaris didn't know just how long she wept into Samodith's neck, but it was long enough for the sand to become uncomfortably hot, long enough for the haze of emotion to be broken by renewed, insistent pain from her wounds. She'd paid them no mind when she'd crumpled to the ground, and had done them no favors. And there was a gnawing in her stomach that wasn't hers. She needed to get up, and get her precious jewel to the feeding tables, to Rylyrr and Andelath, but oh, she must look a frightful mess!

Not at all, dearest! Hold your head up, stay those tears, remember your confidence. For she knew it was there, though on the Sands it had warred with fear and loneliness and the memory of shame. But it was there, and more courage and will than she gave herself credit for, because was she not Standing in spite of it all. But not anymore. Never again. How fierce will you look, how wild, how ravishing! Stand up tall now, my most precious love, and together we will enchant them all. Samodith stepped back to allow her up and out of the hot sand to do as she had been bidden, but there was something more important than catching eyes to do first. She turned to stand before A'ral, almost sheepish - for amidst the storm of emotions, a bittersweet sadness was already forming, because she knew this meant she couldn't go home.

"She- Her name is Samodith," she said, voice rough with the tears she was trying not to cry more of just now. An overflowing of support propped her up, and she rushed forward to hug the Candidatemaster tightly - and then had to pull back and turn away before she could be overwhelmed by another wave of tears. Not now, not here, it wasn't goodbye yet. Yet...or forever.

As her bonded turned away, the green remained for a moment, peering up at A'ral with wide, blue-green eyes, then twined a circle around him like a feline before striding to catch up with Hers. They lingered just long enough for Akaris to properly compose herself, and together moved to the feeding tables. It was time to see what other siblings and cousins of hers had Impressed, and be seen in turn. And if the girl had an eye out for a particular young man, well, that was alright for now.
Mr Cheri

Shaddaling

Sylfie
Oh dear! There he went! When Regory made it clear that he would prefer the food to her lap just now, Sylfie made no effort to hold him, and pressed one of her newly-freed hands to her lips to cover a soft giggle, because he was just oh so precious. Had she known the extent of how besotted Theo was with the hatchlings, she'd have dubbed herself terribly silly for mooning so over his flit. As it was, the blue's antics drew her gaze away from his bonded for the moment - although the muttering earned little quirks of smiles every time he did it - and well, since Regory was helping himself, surely it would be alright if she did... So she reached delicately around the firelizard and his redfruit for a pastry to nibble on.

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Crew

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:55 pm
Halvor

He had no clue what she was talking about when it came to ovens, but he knew they were hot. So, he could kind of understand. The girl had scars on his hands. A glance at his own revealed scars, too. His weren't from something as nice as baking though. His hands were scarred from years of being a fighter for a mob boss in Bitra.

Halvor thought about it for a moment, "no. I don't think she meant to do as much damage as she did." He was almost certain. Of course the green had wanted to lash out because that's what she felt would help. "I don't think. . . She realized what she was doing wasn't the only way to go about it." Halvor shrugged. He'd seen all sorts of people do incredibly hurtful things in a moment of anger that they wouldn't normally do or say. Didn't make it right at all. However, he could see how that kind of anger could push someone to do unspeakable things.

"It looks like they are starting to move about again." He mumbled. He definitely sounded and looked angry on the outside but inside he was interested in what was happening on the sands. "Do you think you can standup?" Halvor asked as his gaze settled on the blues walking around the sands.

Andranis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:56 pm
K’rou and bronze Cadereth

I am pleased for your advantages, Saevath. My own advantage is that K’rou has no connections here. His loyalty will not be to some leader or archaic dogma… it will be to me, and me alone. He laughed softly, both mentally and from his shimmering bronze body. He knew he was not wrong. K’rou had no one at High Reaches except for one... no, two spares, easily ignored. He barely even knew the names of the Weyrwoman and Weyrleader, much less cared who they were and how they ruled. This was not the last stop in his journey. No, for with Cadereth at his side, they would continue on—but in an upward manner.

...Until there was nowhere higher to rise.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:07 pm
Like others, Calla was tired. Her restlessness had meant she really had barely slept when this had all began. Hunger, burning soles, and the heightened emotions of the Hatching itself worked on her, bringing out aches both mental and physical. And she hadn't been one of the Candidates mauled, at that. She shifted her weight, allowing herself to rub at her eyes with the back of her hand.

What saved her was that what played out across the Sands was a singular experience (at least to her, who had never Stood before). Even now, there was a baby blue dragon riding its father's head like a steed while another blue milled about below them. So many Impressions -- the impact of this being her first Hatching made the constructed images of her father standing in this place some 15 Turns ago only feel more vivid. His feet had burned in sandals here, too, and he had stood time and time again.

In the mean time, Calla took to counting the eggs and unpaired hatchlings that remained.

Quote:
OH GOD I realize I have been writing Calla's father as having been a bluerider this entire Hatching. He was a bronzerider. I will go back and edit all these posts now...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:15 pm
Siv

Siv's ankle hurt. The dull throbbing stinging ache reminded her that she'd been bitten and maybe she should take herself to the healer's tent for a few minutrs. Or to just sit, get it over with and watch the others stand. While not mauled more than bit during Sectumsempra's rampage, the blonde was also feeling the effect of being woken up before anticipated, hunger, and pain all having a dance with her senses, and the teen grumbled, finally, finally shifting to begin hobbling for the healers tent. She hoped the eggs and Hatchlings Impressed, yes! But, schaff iut all, she wanted her ankle toi stop aching like a schaffing witch. That sounded nice, and slowly, she began to limp for the Healers. Hey, she could hope.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:16 pm

Mystery Zebra Striped Egg 13
The egg continued to wiggle and wobble. Finally, the egg rolled right into the blue hatchling that was still roaming the sands. Not Dementor, but the Mystery 4 Blue. The dragon stopped the egg with a paw and looked down at it. It leaned in close, gave a little chuff, and then quickly began to scrabble at the egg.

Fianth was watching him closely, but soon a little crack was made. The blue dragon leaned over and ever so gently nipped at the egg, forcing open a hole, and then a crack. A little more work, and the top of the egg was off. Like some of the others, it was a thicker shell, and the little being within lifted out her neck to give a thankful cheep at its brother.

Another white dragon.

If there was any commotion within the crowds about a second white, the dragonet didn't care. They were on a mission and someone out there needed them! Tipping its shell over, the little darling squeezed herself out of her over-sized egg, and began to move through the Candidates. The white knew exactly where it needed to be.

Mystery Blue Four watched his sister roam before turning back to look upon the Candidates. He stretched his wings and turned his neck and tail just so... He knew he was the true beauty of the clutch, but would any of the Candidates see? Perhaps he needed to find His....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:28 pm
YURASTAR

Oh wow, two whites! He'd remembered there'd been two whites at the clutch at Western, and had heard of one white at the island clutch, so really it shouldn't have been a surprise.

Lots of blues, lots of greens, and now a white. Very cute.

- - -

HAVELI

Gross.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Well then. Dynz had Impressed a bronze because of course he had. However, Amaretti's work was not yet done. She had a very alarmed sibling to tend to, and it occurred to her that the next six months were going to be very long indeed. "You okay?" Amare asked, checking Nonami over for any injuries. Poor child. It really wasn't their Hatching, was it?

Prism Shine

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games