Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Post pictures of yourself! (Now with correct Gramm-R!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you have a pic.
  yes
  no
View Results

PixiecuTT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:05 pm
: ) Yeah, clearly I'm in Texas. You're only off by the entire width of the continent, and thinking of the wrong country. Nice guess, though.

Yes, actually, it's bad when a small city can't clear snow properly so two-way streets become one-way at best. There's no excuse, since (as you so dismissively pointed out) that's hardly the worst snowfall that the country has to deal with. It's not like there are lots of streets for them to plow, nor is this sort of weather abnormal in New Brunwick.
I've lived in places with both more snow and more streets, and they somehow managed to clear the roads in less than a month's time. Imagine.

Although, I should be grateful that at least it's given us a break from the sheets of ice that we've called "streets" since, oh, December. : ) Gotta love the moderate climate here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:13 pm
User Image

Holy s**t, defensive much?

I was simply saying that you can still DRIVE there so it's not horrible. Not nice, but not horrible. Also the Texas thing was because if you WERE in Texas, yes that would be really bad because they wouldn't expect anything like that. The streets thing, it happens deal with it. When the economy is getting harder people try and save as much money as possible, including the cities.

You're going to need to learn how to talk to the people in this guild because if you say s**t like that to the wrong person they'll rip you a new a*****e. So be careful for now on.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:25 pm
I live in Texas (have for about 15 years now) and I've never seen that much snow in all my life. If we got something like that....everything would be shut down ...everything. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:26 pm
God-Raped-Me
User Image

I was simply saying that you can still DRIVE there so it's not horrible. Not nice, but not horrible. Also the Texas thing was because if you WERE in Texas, yes that would be really bad because they wouldn't expect anything like that. The streets thing, it happens deal with it. When the economy is getting harder people try and save as much money as possible, including the cities.

You're going to need to learn how to talk to the people in this guild because if you say s**t like that to the wrong person they'll rip you a new a*****e. So be careful for now on.
User Image

I apologize for being snappish. : ) Knee-jerk reaction to the tone of your post.

PixiecuTT

124-C

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:29 pm
PixiecuTT
God-Raped-Me
User Image

User Image

I apologize for being snappish. : ) Knee-jerk reaction to the tone of your post.

I felt the same way.

...just thought I'd throw that out there... >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:36 pm
User Image

Really? I thought that was pretty average for me. So did GTR. Well I didn't mean it to sound nasty.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

PixiecuTT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:46 pm
Again, I apologize for taking it the wrong way.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 pm
124-C
PixiecuTT
God-Raped-Me
User Image

User Image

I felt the same way.

...just thought I'd throw that out there... >.>

Me too. Same reason.  

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:50 pm
    The Atlanta area completely spazzes out and shuts down at even the hint of snow or ice. It's very ridiculous.

Just last week the local TV stations were going on for hours about the weather talking about a cold front that was passing through. Granted there were tornadoes, but only earlier in the day. They continued for a looong time afterward just assuring people that everything was ok... xp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:57 pm
I see where that could have seemed rough, but I got the sarcasm.
I guess it's inter-stephanie telepathy
I live in Florida. Zero snow. Though it did hail not long ago, and I was like, "hoshit, the rain is frozen." xd  

The Dinosaur Next Door

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:00 pm
User Image

rofl
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:04 pm
:bow:  

The Dinosaur Next Door

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:08 pm
User Image

This is probably a really stupid question, but have you seen crocks and alligators close up... well not too close... xp
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:12 pm
I've seen crocodiles, but they're not indigenous to Florida. Mostly at theme parks.
Alligators are EVERYWHERE. I saw a ditch on the TaMiami trail with at least twenty gators in the middle of the day, lying all atop each other. We used to go to the marina and feed hot dogs to the fish and gators (more accurately, throw them in the water and then sit and watch stuff eat them.) Once, I saw an alligator walk on all fours with it's belly all the way off the ground - it was so cool. Basically, anywhere there's a body of water, there are likely alligators. Here, at least.
Haven't you ever seen one?  

The Dinosaur Next Door

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:18 pm
User Image

surprised WOW!! I'm envious! I've never seen them other than on T.V, I would LOVE to though.

As you can probably tell now I'm in love with reptiles!
User Image

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games