Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:08 am
User Image
๐”ป๐•’๐•ž๐•š๐•–๐•Ÿ ๐•š๐•ค...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // loving Marina Aldredspace
CURRENTLY // Looking Casual at Diagon Alleyspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Curiousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'She's up to something...' spacespac

โ†ฎ โ†ฎ โ†ฎ I've traveled and unwound my own truth yeah
I've laid my head on the rock of youth yeah
โ†ฎ โ†ฎ โ†ฎ
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

spaceDamien eyed her carefully. She wasn't even trying to be subtle. Or, he hoped not. If she were, it would have some serious implications about her career choice. Not that Aurors were known for having to be sneaky per say, but it was certainly a helpful trait to have. Or, maybe she just wasn't very convincing right now because it was him. And this wasn't serious. Yeah, that had to be it, because otherwise he'd have to seriously worry about her. Still, in spite of that, he couldn't help but be amused. "First? Before what, exactly? The bookstore... or are you ready to tell me what we're really doing here?" he asked, expression curious, a brow arched at her. He hadn't missed the squeak. It had been adorable... and entirely too suspicious. Whatever she was up to, it clearly amused her to no end. He just wanted to know what was so damned funny! The former Slytherin gave her hand a light squeeze, trying to figure it out from her expression, from her body language, from something, but all he could figure out was that she was, in fact, on some sort of mission, which he'd already known. Apparently, the mission was giggle-inducing, which would probably have annoyed her under normal circumstances since she liked to think she wasn't the sort of girl to giggle (which she most certainly was; he'd seen it). However, he couldn't for the life of him guess what she was up to. There was only so much to do in Diagon Alley, after all... and surely they were too old to be stopping by Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes? Although, he had to say, the idea of slipping some dung bombs into Dom's flat was tempting... served the prat right. He supposed his friend should just count himself lucky that he was far too mature for such nonsense... and he was. Right? Honestly, even Damien couldn't say for sure. They still hadn't gotten him and Grace back for the club. Not that Damien was really overly sore about that night, it had actually been rather fun, but he'd never admit that the to the pair of them, and revenge was still in order. But, he'd have to think of something a bit more appropriate. Until then... well, there were more important matters at hand. Apparently. Whatever they were.

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          โ†ฎ โ†ฎ โ†ฎ I've trusted and then broken my own word
                                                          Just to keep me free in this mad, mad word
                                                          โ†ฎ โ†ฎ โ†ฎ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:14 pm
Dire straits and dirty consequences...
An invitation to your personal disaster!
It's a point break; another guilty conscience.
And you won't stop me 'til I get just what I'm after!
I'm taking you down with me; 'til you...
Can't sleep, can't breathe!
You met your enemy!
Won't get no peace with me!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
AGE EIGHTEEN, AUROR IN TRAINING
PROUD HALFBLOOD AND FORMER SLYTHERIN

User Image
I'm taking you down with me: Amused | Can't sleep, can't breathe: Must...not...laugh... | You met your enemy: Damien | Won't get no peace with me: Diagon Alley

Marina clamped her mouth shut and shook her head. "The bookstore," she said unconvincingly. Then she relented a little when he squeezed her hand. She was actually a little proud of herself. Obviously, he knew she was hiding something, but he hadn't guessed it yet, had he? Unless he had... and he was just pretending to be oblivious to spare her feelings. Hmph. He had better not be, or she would be indignantly fuming for the rest of the afternoon. Which wasn't very fair, but she was interested in being mature and sensible right now, because this was too funny. She smiled innocently, which probably looked mildly disturbing, and swung his hand a little. Her eyes darted this way and that. She didn't want to stare at her secret destination for too long or he'd get even more suspicious. Still, this was getting hard... Why was it that she could keep the important secrets, but never the silly, small ones? "If I hypothetically did have a hypothetical ulterior motive for us being here what would your hypothetical response be?" she quipped. Both eyebrows were raised, and she bit down hard on her lower lip to keep her grin from creeping farther across her face.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.

Cara MiaKitty

You tried to tempt fate, be careful what you wish for...
I'll take you deeper and strip you of salvation!
It's a crusade to bring you to your knees;
It's what you wanted, your last manipulation.
The lower you go the less that you'll know...
You're sinking to the bottom now...
You're losing control...
The lower you go...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:15 pm
User Image

โ†ฎ โ†ฎ โ†ฎ
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

spaceDamien arched an eyebrow at her, because he didn't believe her for a second. The bookstore. Right. Her expression and behavior was hardly convincing. The woman looked precisely like someone who was up to something. What, he had no idea, but it was certainly entertaining to watch her complete lack of subtlety. At her question, he rolled his eyes. "That is a lot of hypotheticals, Mari. And I imagine my hypothetical response would probably rely heavily on what hypothetical motive you had for us hypothetically being here." God, his head hurt from all that. He hadn't known it was possible to use the word 'hypothetical' quite so many times in one conversation. But, he was going to use it again. "So... hypothetically, love. What exactly are we doing here?" His eyes were light, questioning and noticeably amused at her antics. Whether or not he would remain so remained to be seen, but at the moment, he thought that she was absolutely ridiculous... and completely adorable. Whatever nonsense she was up to, it was bringing out a side of her he didn't think he saw nearly enough of, particularly of late. Work had her run ragged most nights... it was nice to have a day out and about, and to have her so... peppy. Not that she'd appreciate the adjective, but he couldn't think of a better one. Best he not say that out loud, he thought.

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          โ†ฎ โ†ฎ โ†ฎ

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:00 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
MINISTRY OF MAGIC AUROR IN TRAINING

User Image
I'm taking you down with me: Amused | Can't sleep, can't breathe: Must...not...laugh... | You met your enemy: Damien | Won't get no peace with me: Diagon Alley

Marina mockingly arched an eyebrow right back at Damien. "Well, obviously," she replied with a smirk, and was secretly delighted that he was willing to play along. She knew she was being a little exasperating... Well, more than a little exasperating. "Hypothetically..." she began slowly, drawing it out teasingly. "We are here so I can buy books. And maybe... to do some snooping on your father's girlfriend because her shop is literally right there." she tacked on to the end in a rush. Okay, hopefully he was still amused and not annoyed, because then she'd have to figure out a way to persuade him into going along with her scheming.

She didn't even know why she was so... light hearted today. Maybe it was just the result of so many hard weeks of training. She had to be serious and professional during that, after all. Being an Auror wasn't exactly what one could call fun work. She enjoyed parts of it, sure, but a lot of it required you to harden yourself. That was difficult, especially for her. You couldn't let emotions get in the way with it. You just couldn't, or you'd do something stupid and/or reckless, and get yourself killed. And Marina was pretty sure Damien would never forgive her if she got herself killed. But right now she wasn't at work, she reminded herself. She could be a normal... teenager, enjoying a day out with her boyfriend. She was, technically, still a teenager. If she was a muggle she might be at a university.

She gave Damien what could possible be classified as a wide-eyed, pleading look. "We'll just pop in and out. She probably won't even notice us. I'll be discreet." She was learning how to unassumingly blend into a crowd with her training, after all. Even if it usually required taking a polyjuice potion, since hair like hers tended to stand out.

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...
The lower you go...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:36 am
User Image

โ†ฎ โ†ฎ โ†ฎ

spaceDamien was just about to argue when she, once again, said they were there to buy books, but then she confessed her true intention, and he blinked at her. Wait, she wanted to snoop around the Magical Menagerie and spy on Siobhan? That... he didn't even know how he felt about that. For one, it was ridiculous, because they were adults and adults did not snoop around and spy on people (unless that was their job, of course), and two, he looked enough like his father that he was pretty sure they'd be recognized. But, on the other hand... he hadn't met the woman yet, and that drove him just a little nuts. He wanted his father to be happy, after all, and as much as he seemed like he was, there was still that little part of Damien that wondered if he was just going through the motions because he was lonely. None of the House-Elves who'd remained behind at the Manor were like Brownie, none of them were very good companions. They took their position very seriously. Really, Wesley might as well be alone with no one but his dog and his owl for company, which was rather depressing, really. It almost made the young man feel guilty about moving out, particularly when the home was more than big enough to accommodate them (and probably fifteen other people, particularly if they re-opened the Eastern Wing). But, he couldn't say he wanted to move them back in... being alone with Mari (or, mostly alone, given Brownie's presence) was far too good a deal to give up. So, yes, Wesley definitely needed a girlfriend. An actual one, who he actually liked, not some woman he was seeing to pass the time because he was lonely and had nothing better to do. And certainly not a woman who was even remotely anything like Damien's mother had been... which, really, he doubted if Wesley would bother with a woman like that again. Still, there was a pretty wide gap between Dahlia's level of awfulness and being an actually decent person...

spaceHe scowled, realizing he'd apparently talked himself into going along with Mari's harebrained scheme. "I doubt very highly if you can be discreet, Mari... you're a bit... spirited, today. I think it'd probably be a better idea to not worry about discretion and just make up some story about how we need owl treats or something if she asks," he told her with a smirk and faint roll of his eyes. He didn't know why he was going along with this... or, that's what he was telling himself. Really, he had to admit... it was appealing. It at least sounded like a somewhat interesting way to spend an afternoon. In the end, it would probably be less than entertaining, given that the woman was unlikely to do or say anything interesting, but hey, at least they were out of the house, right? "So. Bookstore first, or do you want to start off with your little adventure?" he asked her, curious. It'd make more sense to stop by the pet shop first. That way, they didn't have to carry whatever purchases they made at Flourish and Blotts around while they were doing their spying. But, of course, it was up to her.

โ†ฎ โ†ฎ โ†ฎ

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:34 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
MINISTRY OF MAGIC AUROR IN TRAINING

User Image

Marina waited impatiently for his inevitable reaction. She could almost see the wheels turning in his head. She felt ridiculously triumphant upon seeing him scowl, because that meant she'd won. Even if he thought it was the stupidest thing that had ever come out of her mouth, he was still going along with it. Clearly, a mark of true love. After all, she'd let him talk her into staying at that club, and what had ensued was... Well, she'd just been glad there was no official documentation of her that night. Thank god Dom hadn't brought along his silly camera. "Are you insinuating that I'm usually not spirited?" she demanded, though she leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. Ah, there was the smirk and the eye rolling. "I love you," she said sweetly, and then nodded firmly, as if this was in any way serious. Which it was not. "Good plan. Lying is probably a much better idea." She widened her brown eyes at her boyfriend, a look of mock outrage on her face. "Damien! Adventure first, then books." she intoned sternly, pulling at his hand. "Come on." she said far too eagerly, heading towards the pet shop.

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...
The lower you go...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:10 pm
User Image

โ„‚๐•Œโ„โ„๐”ผโ„•๐•‹๐•ƒ๐•
                                                          โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
                                                          single
                                                          Looking Rebellious at Diagon Alley with Michael
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Amused
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          'Well, if he's going to have a wizard for a brother...'

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Coin-operated boy; เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxx
                                                          All the other real ones that I destroy เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxx
                                                          Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxxxxx

spaceGypsy stood with her back leaned against the Leaky Cauldron, eyes on alert for a familiar head of blonde hair. One which was actually more familiar than one would guess, given that she and Michael hadn't seen much of each other since they'd met a couple years ago. But, he was a dead ringer for Jer, difference in height notwithstanding. The Ravenclaw's mouth was attempting to quirk up in a mischievous grin, her eyes continually shifting between their normal pink and a bright purple tone. She tried to look like she was bored, just waiting, but she couldn't help but be a bit excited. Today's endeavor was going to be an interesting one, to say the least, and Gypsy could never resist anything interesting. It was what had gotten her in this situation in the first place, come to think of it. If Jer hadn't been so very interesting their first year, she wouldn't have befriended him, wouldn't have approached Michael at the museum, wouldn't seen the striking resemblance and introduced the pair... it'd been quite the discovery, really. Both adopted, and practically twins... what are the odds? Of course, when one attended a magical school and in fact had an actual class on divining the future, it did get rather difficult not to believe in fate...

spaceThe fifteen-year-old witch kicked her heel against the wall behind her, fingers tapping on it behind her back. After a while, her appearance struck a balance, although it was hardly any less distracting or unusual than the constant shifting; presently, her left eye had remained pink, and the right had turned a bright, vivacious purple. Gypsy, of course, was mostly unaware of the change; being unable to see her own reflection, she just knew that they'd stopped changing colors, and could be forgiven for assuming they'd settling on the same one. They didn't tend to act up like that... but, with each bit of control she gained, she learned about a new quirk. She could maintain the color much more easily now... but sometimes things didn't quite stay the way she expected them to. She counted herself lucky that it was only her eyes misbehaving. Standing on a muggle street as she was, someone just might happen to look over in time to see her hair turn from one color to the next. It was doubtful, but then, stranger things had happened.

xxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ Never let him go
                                                          xxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ And I'll never be alone
                                                          xxxxxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ Not with my coin-operated boy

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:54 pm
User Image
                                                  Woke up in London yesterday
                                                  Found myself in the city near Piccadilly
                                                  Don't really know how I got here
                                                  I got some pictures on my phone

User Image
                                                  โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Aษขแด‡ 16 |โ™| Fแดœแด›แดœส€แด‡ Dแดแด„แด›แดส€ |โ™| MแดœษขษขสŸแด‡

Michael walked up to the address he was provided by Gypsy. She'd given him a ring to meet her at some pub, but he frowned as he looked at the address. Apparently it was between two buildings, and the muggle boy (and really, he wasn't sure if that was an insult or not) was certain he was probably looking at the address but not seeing it. It was some place called the Leaky Cauldron, and well, he couldn't seem to find any place by that name on the street. Maybe he had missed it? Or maybe Gypsy was pulling his leg. He knew that Jeremy was completely crazy over this magic business. He hadn't been able to go a full week over the last year without some avian visitor at his home. That was quite odd, to be honest. Apparently this whole secret community wasn't as big of a secret as Jeremy made it out to be if he was telling someone that didn't belong to it about it. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he sighed and leaned up against the wall, feeling as though he probably completely missed the pub entirely. It was at that moment he spied a head of pink hair across the street, leaning against a wall near... Well, he wasn't sure. His eyes must be playing tricks on him, because he could swear there might be something there, but he couldn't exactly focus on it.

Deciding to risk it, he jogged across the street, noting that yes, it was the rather colourful girl. Although, he could have sworn her eyes were different colours the last time they met. There was no way they were that... Okay, so odd thing number two. Her eyes were different colours. His eyebrows rose with this observation, and the teen shifted awkwardly.
                                                  "Hello Gypsy. I noticed that you seem, well, particularly colourful today. Any particular reason for it?" Vaguely he wondered if it was a wizard thing, and shoved it out of his mind. His brother, for all of the weirdness about him, seemed completely normal, aside from height and well, a certain disregard for more subdued clothing styles. He himself wasn't dressed flashily, but he wasn't exactly dressed like he was attending a luncheon with his grandparents either. Jeans, a t-shirt, and a jacket were his outfit for this outing, and he wondered if he would stick out like a sore thumb. If nothing else, Jeremy and Gypsy seemed to be completely comfortable with a fashion he could never hope to pull off, despite the brothers' similarities between the two. "Also, what are we doing in particular? You mentioned something about an alley, but I don't see one here, unless I completely missed it."

Location: Outside The Leaky Cauldron
                                                  Thinking: Well now, interesting meeting place...
                                                  OOC: ...

New names and numbers that I don't know
                                                  Address to places like Abbey Road
                                                  Day turns to night, night turns to whatever we want

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:14 pm
User Image

โ„‚๐•Œโ„โ„๐”ผโ„•๐•‹๐•ƒ๐•
                                                          โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
                                                          single
                                                          Looking Rebellious at Diagon Alley with Michael
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Amused
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          'Well, if he's going to have a wizard for a brother...'

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Coin-operated boy; เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxx
                                                          All the other real ones that I destroy เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxx
                                                          Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’xxxxxxxxx

spaceThe smirk was no longer able to be contained as Michael approached, looking at her like she was crazy. Well, he could be forgiven for thinking so. She liked to think that everything wasn't quite right up there. It made things more fun. She gave him a wide grin and, without warning, pushed herself off of the wall and threw her arms around the older boy. "Afternoon!" she proclaimed, pulling back from the hug and shrugging. "And, I 'unno. I don't particularly feel like I'm any more so than usual... why?" She gave him an odd look, tilting her head to the side. Pink hair (with black underneath, even, not even straight pink for once!), pink skirt, a blue jacket over her shoulder... but other than that, she was pretty much in black from head to toe, even her lips. Actually, now that she thought about it, she was a good deal less colorful than usual, with the possible exception of the near insanity that was Daniel Kiremono. But, even if she wasn't quite as bright as normal, she was very much herself, which was more than could've been said for the past few months... maybe Michael just hadn't seen her in a bit, so it was striking. She rather liked that idea, that he might think she was striking... she did oh, so love to be the center of attention, after all.

spaceWhen he asked what they were doing, the smirk was back, accompanied by a snicker and a roll of her eyes. "Well, of course you missed it... I wasn't here to show it to you!" she said cryptically, and then she was grabbing his hand and pulling him to the entrance. The Ravenclaw fished her wand from its hiding place in her jacket and tapped the appropriate brick, eager to see the muggle boy's face when the Alley opened up. One didn't get to drag muggles to the largest wizarding shopping center in England everyday, after all. She watched him from the corner of her eye as the bricks made way for them, and, when the hustle and bustle of the market had been revealed, turned to face him with a wink. "Welcome to Diagon Alley!"

xxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ Never let him go
                                                          xxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ And I'll never be alone
                                                          xxxxxxxxxเฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ Not with my coin-operated boy

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:39 am
You called my name in the dark
Called me back to the start
The condensation is building tension
A stubborn silence is formed
Around our bodies it's warm
The cool wet grasses as summer passes
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Fifth Year - Gryffindor Beater -
[feeling: amused] [thinking: wow...] [with: no one] [at: Diagon Alley Streets]

Toby Walsh was not known for thinking ahead. Granted, he was a little more aware of the consequences of his actions then Jess, but not by much. He certainly hadn't though much beyond "wonder what will happen if I set off these things in the street?" There was some loud crackling and sparking noises, and the minor bangs that gradually grew in noise. Toby watched, mouth dropping open as he gaped in delight. Wow. Those wildfire fireworks were the real deal. A few muggle firecrackers snapped on the cobblestones. Toby wasn't that much idiot, he hadn't set anything off right by anyone; he didn't want to hurt anyone, he just thought it would be funny and it was. Still, the crowds of people nearby yelped and shrieked in surprise, and there were a few annoyed yells from vendors and shop keepers. The fifteen year old backed away a little farther from the chaos he'd just created, laughing so hard his stomach hurt. So far, no seemed to realize he was the cause of mischief, but he figured he had maybe another minute or two, tops. He didn't even really have a reason for doing this. It was just... fun. A way to let off energy, and convince himself that he, for right now, had no worries to speak of. It was summer. He was allowed to do something crazy, right? There was a shower of green sparks overhead and then an explosion of bright blue. It was dusk, and there was a reason he'd waited until now. The colors were incredibly vibrant against the darkening sky. One of the fireworks took the shape of a dragon and flew over the pedestrians looking on in shock. Toby laughed harder and watched things unfold.

I'm gonna kick the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

((separate timeline from any other going-ons, this is for a plot o3o))

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust
Fallen empires and raging bush fires
All your words confounded
Secret lives bound and hid
Living backwards in tangled back woods
You ruined everything right
So good I canโ€™t see the light

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:10 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

5th Year Gryffindor
Reserve Beater 01
Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand
Muggle-born
Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall
Wearing: Casual Clothes
At: Diagon Alley
Time: Separate timeline involving Toby Walsh
Thinking: #@@$*@! Who the Hell... great Toby, seriously?

User Image Veronica Kiss spent a lot of her free time in Diagon Alley. It was only a few blocks from where she lived and it was a comfortable place to spend time at. She could be outside on a bench studying say potions without getting weird looks for having an odd looking book in Diagon Alley. In muggle London she would get weird looks with her textbooks from passing pedestrians. It wasn't exactly a violation of secrecy about the wizarding world but she'd rather not be thought half mad. She had just gotten up since it was getting dusk and was stretching thinking of stopping in one of the shops before heading home just as several small explosions and flashes of lights lit up the street and a sparkling dragon made of lights appeared above them.

It wasn't exactly unexpected to hear the shouts of various people but what caught her ear was a nearby laugh that sounded far more familiar than she'd like it to be. She turned at the laugh, very much suspecting the idiot who had set off such a commotion in the middle of the street would be the same idiot who was laughing so loudly. Her blue eyes quickly scanned the crowd and she caught sight of her fellow Gryffindor doubled up with laughing. "Tobias Walsh!" Veronica snapped as she grabbed his shoulder. "You think this is funny? Disturbance of the peace. Endangering others. Inciting panic. Inciting a possible riot..." She began throwing off charges in quick succession.

She had obviously just started her lecture as she continued practically seething at the whole incident-so much for a quiet evening in Diagon Alley before heading home, "...should I keep going? Because, I swear I've just started on the reasons why this is not funny." Veronica was so focused on going off on Toby she didn't even notice the looks they were getting thanks to Toby's laughing and her getting involved. The fireworks slowly dying had drowned out practically everything she had said.
User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:51 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
[feeling: annoyed] [thinking: does she always have to be such a buzzkill?!] [with: Ronna] [at: Diagon Alley Streets]

Toby's laughter died away abruptly as soon as someone grabbed his shoulder. Crap. He'd been found out, not that it was a huge surprise. He didn't expect to see Ronna Kiss, though. His brown eyes widened in surprise before he realized she was telling him off. And naming charges. His look of surprise faded into one of annoyance. "Sorry Officer," he retorted sarcastically. "I didn't realize humanity had fallen into complete anarchy because of a few sparklers." He rolled his eyes. Did she always have to be such a buzzkill? Always? He thought she might have lightened up a little, but clearly not. Who was he kidding, she probably lived for things like this, just so she could yell about the law.

He was opening his mouth to shoot another snarky reply when he happened to look past her and see the looks they were getting. Namely, the suspicious looks, since he had just been laughing hysterically, and as far as anyone else could tell, she was now talking to him. s**t s**t s**t. Everyone probably thought the two of them were the cause of this, when in reality it was just him. Normally he wouldn't have really cared, he was yelled at plenty at home when he was fooling around, but what if some irate shopkeeper decided to hex his eyebrows off or something. Toby didn't think he was willing to make that sacrifice.

"Yeah, well, it's about to get a lot more not funny," he snapped. "Look around, I'm pretty sure they think you were an accomplice to the 'crime'." He looked around shiftily, wondering what he should do. Now was the time to high tail it out of here, and if he was a real arsehole he could probably just leave her here to deal with the mess he'd made. It'd serve her right, too, for ranting on at him like he was six. But he wasn't going to be that much of a jerk. Instead he grabbed her hand, well more like her wrist, and started running. Fast. He was pretty sure she could keep up with him, as long as his legs were. She struck him as the athletic, could probably beat him up type. "Come on then, run!"

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:31 pm

5th Year Gryffindor
Reserve Beater 01
Muggle-born
Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall
Thinking: Seriously? Seriously?!

User Image "Crimes," She automatically corrected before she turned her head slightly as the street fell quieter as the fireworks died and she realized the stares both of them were getting. And Toby's words of accomplice hit her quickly before his hand closed around her wrist and pulled her with him as he began to run. Both of them were fairly athletic and even if Veronica was wearing heeled boots, it wasn't like she couldn't run in them, and by instinct she kept up with Toby along with snapping several curses off at him.

Great, because running from the scene of half a dozen fireworks or more getting set off in the middle of a crowded pedestrian street wasn't suspicious at all, she thought annoyed. As they ran she couldn't help but think at the moment how much she wanted to skin Toby alive at that precise moment. She hadn't thought through whether her snapping at Toby would look suspicious or not or the fact the fireworks probably drowned out anything she would say to anyone who wasn't within a few feet of them at tops. Instead she had merely thought of the issue at hand and not the consequences of getting involved. After all, logically, it was more likely two teenagers were in cahoots of causing havoc than one acting on vigilante impulses over something that was relatively minor, since no one had gotten hurt, and it was more of temporary chaos and annoyance for everyone than how it could have played out.

After they had passed half a dozen shops, Veronica took the lead and grabbed the wrist of Toby's that hadn't been gripped on her own wrist and pulled him into a small nook between a couple of the less popular shops that she noticed. "You moron! You think running is going to make us any less suspicious?" She hissed, taking a breath annoyed. She glanced over her shoulder looking to see if anyone had followed them or saw where they had disappeared to. The small alley-if it could even be called that-merely ended with a brick wall as tall as the other shops and a few rubbish bins. She was fairly sure the wall was a part of one of the shops on either side of them, though she wasn't really that focused on architecture at the moment.
User Image
Still glancing over her shoulder she heard what sounded like a fairly annoyed shopkeeper say something about them heading exactly where they were now. She looked at the dead end and then glared at Toby, looking very much like she was going to hex him before they were found. Honestly, she was partially considering it, if it wasn't for the fact there were laws against underage magic she would have by this point. At this point she didn't care if it was her idea that led them to the dead end in the first place that would likely end up with both of them in trouble.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:13 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
[feeling: adrenaline rush] [thinking: -] [with: Ronna] [at: Diagon Alley Streets]

Toby was too relieved that no one seemed to be following them, as far as he could tell, to swear back at her, though it seemed Ronna knew a lot more profanity than he would have thought she would. He slowed down into a fast jog as they got further away, proud he wasn't even out of breath. He was a lot less annoyed now and some of his good humor had returned, so he wasn't as snappy with his reply when she pulled him into an alley between shops and berated him.

"You didn't have to run with me," he pointed, looking more amused than anything else. "I hardly dragged you over here." It was dark in the relatively small space they were in, and he could just barely make out the features of her face. Light was rapidly draining from the area. He let go of her wrist and backed up a little, back bumping up against a brick wall. "Look, let's just stay put for a couple minutes..." he trailed off and strained his ears to listen.

So apparently someone had caught sight of them heading this way. And... they were in a dead end. If they came running out of the alley now they were sure to get caught. Their only chance was to stay here and try to hide and hope anyone looking for them just passed by. Toby scrambled backwards in the dark, away from the slightly lighter patch where the alley opened up onto the street.

In doing so he nearly bumped into Ronna, who was already furious with him, He didn't know if she was acting more mad than she really was to leave an impression on him or if she was really that worked up about the whole thing. Either way there wasn't much stopping her from hexing his arse out onto the street to get caught. Perhaps he should act a little more contrite. It was kind of hard, though, when he was still riding on an adrenaline high. This was oddly exciting.

He'd probably be singing a different tune if they got caught, but oh well.

Toby wasn't exactly sure what motivated him to do what he did next; maybe it was, like he'd noted, the adrenaline rush, getting caught up in the moment, maybe it was hormones in hyper drive. If he had to have an excuse, he'd probably say it was a valid way of going unnoticed. No one ever seemed to pay much mind to two teenagers kissing, right? Either way, any good arguments for not doing what he did flew out of his mind the moment his lips were on hers, as he was immediately preoccupied with other things.

First off all, it was not terribly romantic, not that it would be to begin with, since the two of them weren't even what could be considered friends, and Toby could honestly say he'd never been, well, seriously attracted to Ronna in his life and he suspected the same of her. He didn't think she was ugly or plain; she was actually rather pretty, but he'd kind of figured anyone who even tried to flirt with her would end up with a broken limb. Or two. Damn, what was she going to do to him for kissing her? There wasn't exactly a whole lot of space, either, and it was filthy. They were right by some trash bins, after all, and all that was on either side of them were two imposing brick walls that were a bit claustrophobic as well. And... Toby didn't really know what the hell he was doing. His experience with kissing thus far was television and movies, and even that had always seemed sort of gross, even after he got past the cooties stage. But fifteen year old guys couldn't really say that they'd never been kissed like girls could, so it was much easier to lie about it than to admit it. No one gave girls flack for not having been kissed.

Still, it was safe to say Toby was painfully awkward about the whole thing, though he didn't really act like it. He wasn't even touching Ronna, just braced himself with one hand on the brick wall in front of him and vainly hoped he wasn't that awful at it and that also any pursuers didn't even see them tucked away in a dark corner.

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:08 pm

5th Year Gryffindor
Reserve Beater 01
Muggle-born
Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall
Thinking: ...

User Image Veronica had several arguments against Toby's amused response to her anger with saying she didn't have to run with him and pointed out he hadn't dragged them where they currently were in the first place. She had several arguments going through her head that Toby did practically drag her into the running away at least. Did he seriously expect her to stay there and take all the blame for something she had nothing to do with? She closed her eyes for a moment, fists clenched as she heard people coming closer. Her and Toby were at a dead end and she was considering what to say to prove her innocence when suddenly she felt lips touch her's.

She snapped open her eyes to see Toby way too close to her face and she was being kissed. She was being kissed by Toby. She was so stunned and busy trying to figure out what possessed him to think this was the least bit appropriate, especially in the given situation, that a full second passed before she realized the response to push Toby away from her and punch him as hard as the limited space would allow her to.

And she heard voices approach and she noticed the space between them and exactly how awkward the two probably looked. Fine, she thought. They were already kissing, and two teenagers making out in some dark corner of Diagon Alley wasn't exactly something that would be unheard of. If interrogated she could lie and say they had just thought it was some event and got wrapped up in how romantic the fireworks display were or something... fireworks were supposed to be romantic right?

She could kill Toby later-or at least threaten to, it wasn't like she'd actually kill him. Grabbing the front of his shirt she pulled him towards her as she backed against the wall, closing her eyes, trying the best to make a snogging session look realistic. Most people would have the common decency to leave two people snogging in some dark corner alone, even if they were initially suspected for causing minor chaos on the street. She heard a scoff and someone said, "Forget it..." as those who had been trying to chase them dispersed slowly. It was then she pushed Toby away against the wall across from them her eyes narrowed dangerously.
User Image
"Seriously? That was your brilliant plan," She hissed. "I would ask if you ever stop and think but obviously you don't. You don't think apparently, ever." Taking a deep breath she leaned back against the wall behind her and settled in her head that there was always try-outs the next school year and she could just slam a few bludgers into him-well as long as Jacob didn't put them on the same side for try-outs or mix up try-outs so they only hit at targets.

"My younger brothers think things through more than you," She added glaring at him. "Well, half brothers, but the point is the youngest is at least two years younger than you."

The Forgotten Weasley

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games