Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:32 pm
Samuel Carlin

Zyanzi watched Zeraiah for a long moment, making sure his new friend was in good hands before he smiled, "I'll meet you back out there, OK? If you need help, please yell!" He said, his smile not fading. He then turned away, rubbing at his bandaged arm, the bandage a touch tight, but secure. As he headed back to the sands, he felt his heart grow a bit heavy as whirling rainbow eyes spoke to their chosen. But it was not him. But look how happy they were! Finding their true partners. Finally reaching the group of candidates, he noticed there were still eggs, still dragons too, left on the sand. There was still the possibility that his own partner was here.

Pushing long bangs behind his ears, he focused once again on watching. This time with the hope that there would be no reason to fear more bloodshed. And as he focused, he saw more dragonets hatch from their eggs. So many! He found them incredibly delightful to watch.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:37 pm
Zebra Stripe White
The little white was sure of herself and knew exactly where it was she needed to be. Though she was small, it was clear she had confidence, and there was a charm about her that easily drew the eye--from dragon and Candidates alike.

Ah, but though she noticed the attention, it wasn't what she needed. Wasn't what her focus was on. No, she had a duty, and that was to find Hers. Thankfully, the Candidates had thinned out a bit and the white found she had a much easier time--her smaller size also meant it was easier for her to navigate.

Finally, the little white moved to where a girl was speaking. A girl who had a heart just like hers; a girl who was both young and old. A girl who needed someone to be there when things got difficult, but also someone to help remind her that was okay to simply be a girl.

Beautiful SouiMine The dragonet approached the girl, looking up at her, trying to catch her eye. She hated to interrupt but... This was Important. Friends were all well and good, but Soui needed her, needed this. Speaking of favorites, you are Mine. Her words were full of compassion and good humor. The dragon was not offended or upset that the girl might have had her heart set on a another. How could any of them know? Only the dragons knew, and this white never had any doubt. Your Museth is sorry for keeping you waiting. Now that we're here, there's nothing we can't achieve. Together, you and I, as we should be. As we always will be.

To this white, Soui was perfect. She was beautiful of body, heart, mind, and soul--and she was and would always be Hers.

User Image

houllow

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:40 pm
Another white? This double clutch certainly was making itself more and more noteworthy, Calla thought to herself. To the girl, all dragons were important and had a role to play. What other surprises lay in store? Hopefully no more bloody ones. Her thoughts strayed briefly to the dead candidate, the distraught candidate girl who had approached the bronze after. Calla had no siblings. If it had been her in the boy's place, her mother would have lost her only child. It was a negative thought, and so Calla swallowed it down, refocusing on the dragonets at hand, willing her match to come find her. Hers had to be here, didn't it?

Just then, another Impression, to the girl who had cried and made such a fuss at the Touching.

Oh. Well. Apparently there was a dragon for everyone.

It bothered Calla more than a little that Soui had Impressed and she had not, though her face gave none of that away.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:40 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Belatedly she noted another white had graced the sands. Where had it come from? She glanced at those standing around her. She knew whites were unusual here at High Reaches. How would people react to two? As long as they found their riders, then all was good with her. And indeed, it didn’t take long for the little white to claim her rider. Her eyes turned back to the rest of the unpaired hatchlings.  

magnadearel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:57 pm
You can Fly! let out a creel of delight, starting to hop around the sands now. He was no longer chasing firebolt, but carrying his prize of ONE CANDIDATE SANDAL in his mouth like a trophy. Look at his toy! Wasn't it amazing?

-----------------------

Gryffindor was still kind of disappointed. No one was looking at him any more. That was alright! The brown was on a mission now. Time to find. HIS.

-------------------------

Friend Like Me found herself lounging by their eggs, watching everyone with a whirling purple and blue eye. She looked up at her mama with a bright laugh in her mind, soothing as she could Mother mine, is there anything I can do to ease your burdens~?

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:01 pm
SOUI and WHITE MUSETH

The conversation about eggs had Soui looking everywhere but where she should have, probably, for if she'd been paying proper attention she would have noticed a white on the way towards her. It was only when she felt that odd yet overly familiar sensation of a voice against her ears, inside her mind, that she bothered to look around. Who here knew her name, aside from those she'd given it to?

Beautiful SouiMine. The voice had said, and mentioned a name and that Soui was its favorite and. The teen kept looking around, wondering what sort of joke this was. There was no one around at eye level and yet.

There was a laugh in her head, like little bells ringing. Like the sound of someone running softly, or the clack of heeled boots on a cold stone floor. Look down, Soui. Sometimes it's okay to look at your feet when someone is talking to you. And so Soui did, right into the eyes of a dragonet. Not just any dragonet, but a pure white one, more lovely than anything she'd seen before. Why thank you. As I mentioned before I am quite fond of you as well. Never have I seen someone more lovely, nor do I think I ever shall again.

Soui's face blanched against the compliment, her heart pounding so loud she could hear the rhythm in her ears. It blocked out all other noises save for the soft voice in her head and the occasional traces of breathing; there was only her and....Museth. Her Museth.

There we are. I was a little worried you wouldn't understand what I was trying to tell you. The laugh again, so warm and rich and Soui felt her heart squeeze as the dragonet looked up to her with massive, rainbow eyes. The teen was terrified if she kept looking she might drown in them but would that really be such a bad thing? Not at all. If you were to drown I will come and save you. If you stumble, you will land on me. There is not a moment you will be alone, Soui. You are mine.

"So I'm.....not making a mistake? Standing here to meet you wasn't a mistake?" For someone who'd been crying earlier and was standing on hot sands, Soui sure still had enough fluids in her body to weep a bit more. Hot tears started to roll down her cheeks at an alarming speed, though she kept her face from wrinkling up and didn't wail or the like. These were tears of relief, for certain, but tears none the less. "I'm not a mistake."

Museth snorted, a rare noise from a white that Soui felt was too elegant for such a thing. She seemed almost incensed at the word, as if just hearing it was offensive. A mistake! How could you think of yourself in such a way? I will never allow you to have such thoughts again, do you understand? I chose you, and I love you. My feelings are the farthest thing possible from a mistake, so raise your head high my love.

And so Soui did raise her head, and she looked towards the stands where she knew a man was watching her, where he held a small beast in his arms as they waited for her. Her heart would ache for him when this day was done but for now? She was Soui, of White Museth, and she was now a dragonrider.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:04 pm
Kinyegele

"This is what I want, I just....I...." she hesitated, uncertain if what she was saying made enough sense. "I've spent my entire life dreaming of when I got to experience a lifemate and now there is so much else attached to it. Maybe the spot I thought would fit me has changed and I haven't."

Another white hatched - with some assistance - and then went on to impress. A lovely thing, and Kinye found herself entertaining even a dragon like that, one considered so odd and unwelcome in High Reaches. It had a proper place.

"But I still want that spot and I...don't know what I need to be to fit it."

houllow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:06 pm
Siv

Sitting, having her ankle looked at, Siv watched the dragonets and eggs., Neat, another white and they impressed-- Ow OW OW OW OW OW.

RIGHT. DRAGONET TEETH WERE HORRIBLE AND BEING TREATED FOR BITES WAS HORRIBLE.

....Did that mean she had the blues?... OK she meant to make a pun about the blues in her head but getting her ankle handled hurt too much ow ow shchaff.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Rylyrr settled hard on the bench, leaning back, bucket of meat in one hand and managed to wrestle his emotions into something calm. Ignore that Akaris blood was on his robe and he couldn’t be with her to calm her like he wanted. He knew she was fine, that she was safe, that she had A’ral but there was still a low pulse of worry, like a itch.

Instead he focused on Andelath who was so easy to focus and love and absolutely perfect. He found himself resting his head against his face, sending warm soothing thoughts to the slightly anxious brown till his eyes turned blue.

“Let’s get you fed,” He said, offering the first chuck of meat to the brown. And then maybe he would think about how elide his name after the brown had a full belly.

Andelath took the piece of meat and paused, surprised at the taste. He rumbled, chewing the piece before swallowing. He swish his tail, focused and gleefully took another bite. What was this? It had a slightly different texture then he expected from the first. How different. He mused it over and nosed his for a third piece.

He had to figure this out. He was going to figure this out! After he finished eating.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:24 pm
With another cheep, Firebolt again paused in her romping to start creeping up closer to the candidates. She flared her wings and flapped them a few times, sending sand everywhere. Well! Don't mind if I do! she greeted, continuing her prancing walk through them, this time actually beginning to take a close look at everybody.

The impressions happening around them didn't matter, after all. None of the other dragons would take hers, right?

With his sister settled, Imperio sent both Amortentia and Crucio off with a nudge before finally rising from the spot he'd waited so patiently in to make his own way into the candidates, greeting any nearby with warm waves of affection.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:31 pm
Nonami - Western Candidate

Nonami glanced up at their sister, swallowing back a lump in their throat. They were happy that Amare’s friend Dynzrak had impressed -- to the bronze that had first hatched, too. Wasn’t that lucky? Hopefully it was, and hopefully that luck would extend to their sister. “I-I’m okay.” Not entirely, but aside from sand-scorched knees, they were physically fine. They could keep on a brave face. There wasn’t too many more baby dragons left, after all. It felt a bit of a selfish kernel to crave being home, but they couldn’t think of that now. “Do- um. Do you think you’ll impress? I’d like to see you impress..” Their sister deserved the best dragon, after all.

Mr Cheri

/ / / /

Cavera - High Reaches Candidate

She nods a bit. “Understandable. I was searched only a bit ago, I haven’t stood for another hatching.” Cavera smiled. “I’m actually from Smithcrafthall--” But there’s suddenly a little white dragon making a beeline towards them both. Her heart beat raced--until she saw that the little white had only eyes for her companion.

Yet the woman smiles, taking a step back to get out of the new pair’s way with a soft congratulations.

“houllow”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:40 pm
FISHER

"Do you have to be the one to know? Look Kinye, I know nothin' 'bout riders and any other sort of fancy things, I just know that sometimes a role is what you make an' sometimes it's what's chosen for you." Fisher was not equipped to deal with identity crises while out on the sands. She wasn't equipped to deal with one period so what exactly was it she needed to say to this kid to help her out? "And who says you gotta decide now? You're still a kid, you got mosta your life ahead of you."

Another pat and another sigh. "Who knows, you get a small break away from your family for a bit and your views might change. You can maybe step outta the shadow an' see some light on your own."

demon_pachabel
error 404 fishercomfort. exe not found

- ----

YURASTAR

Ahh, he knew the girl who just impressed! Or rather, he knew of her since she was a candidate at Western, and as far as conversations had gone she was at her first time properly standing. How nice of her to find her partner, really!

It was always refreshing to see people be happy.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm
Zelaya
Another white was unusual, but even the strange tiny dragons had their uses, and a place int eh Weyr provided they did their part. Zelaya did not begrudge the girl that the white moved to join. They would never reject any dragon, even a white, but given the choice a green was still their ideal. They moved carefully aside as Imperio came moving through, returning the brown's affectionate nudge with one of their own. That egg'd been kind, and remained so. He wasn't for them, most likely, but still. Good job, little fellow.

Meztli
Rising up on their tiptoes was hardly needed at Meztli's height, but they did it anyway to peer around a few souls towards the Gryffindor brown. It looked like...most of the babies were trying to find theirs now, and that was good. That one'd been fairly keen on the green from before, though he seemed less distracted now. Meztli got that. Sometimes they got distracted by a nice pretty man or handsome lady too.

Finnisa
Finn blinked as she looked up, up, up at the tiny blue riding his father's head. Huhhh. That seemed unsafe. She'd seen that sort of thing before, at the hatching at Western and here before with Uridith, but...who knew it would become such a popular thing, for the hatchlings to ride their parents!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:44 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Nala couldn’t help but giggle as a blue apparently made off with a candidate’s sandal. Immediately she worried the poor candidate might burn their foot on the hot sands. Hopefully the blue returned the sandal or they had a friend to lean on.  

magnadearel

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games