Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Post pictures of yourself! (Now with correct Gramm-R!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 749 750 751 752 753 754 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you have a pic.
  yes
  no
View Results

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:12 am
User Image

No one but tall blond supermodels live there and they fish all the time. So I wonder how they find the time to be models. And I keep hearing that they can suck the chrome off a hitch. *shrugs*
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:15 am

I am an old ATG member =]

Chrome of a hitch O.o?
I thought blond's were swedish and always naked or something?

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:20 am
I always thought the blonde model thing was more of a Swedish stereotype. *shrug*

The stereotypes I've heard for Norwegians would be that you're like Vikings who listen to death metal and drink a lot. x3 Or that you're all super-friendly and born with skis on. blaugh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:22 am

Lawl xD
All lies xD

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:26 am
Undoubtedly. x3 But still funny.

I love when Americans call up where I work and (upon finding out that I'm located in Canada) say things like,
"y'all got internet up there?" or
"is it snowing where y'all are at?" (I got this question in August.)

biggrin No. Of course we don't have the internet. Our sled dogs kept chewing through the lines, and it's hard to set up a wireless network in an igloo. Oops, you'll have to call back. We're being attacked by a moose.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:28 am
User Image
Can't ALL be lies. Or the sterotype wouldn't exist.

@Ceil: I used to get into arguments with people from Texas about that. They would say it's impossible for me to be Canadian because the internet was only in America and that Igloos can't get electricity.

I started by shrugging it off as insults but then it kept happening and i realized they were serious.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

God-The-RapistV2.0

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:28 am

lawl xP they think silly things the mericans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:30 am
GTR: Luckily it's not all of them. Although I did have one lady demand to speak to someone who "could talk proper American-like".

I was more than happy to transfer her call to someone in India.

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:33 am
User Image
Yes some Americans are quite silly. Not in your "Oh everyone has one of those" types silly but "How do you remember to breathe" type silly.

@Ceil: Well in India they do take speech therapy classes to sound more American.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:38 am

Why would you try to sound more american o.o?

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:15 pm
Aw, c'mon. Not ALL Americans (U.S. of A.-icans? What do you call us, really, that doesn't leave out a continent and a half?) are silly... though (I live in Oregon) I was asked quite seriously if we had motor vehicles, and if we had any problems with Indian (Amerind) attacks. smile

(I smiled and bit my tongue, but wanted to say, "Oh, yes; we have to circle our wagons every night to make sure they don't get us, and even then, we have to have buckets of water handy from our hand-pumps to put out the flaming arrows." mrgreen )  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:14 pm
Taeryyn
Undoubtedly. x3 But still funny.

I love when Americans call up where I work and (upon finding out that I'm located in Canada) say things like,
"y'all got internet up there?" or
"is it snowing where y'all are at?" (I got this question in August.)

biggrin No. Of course we don't have the internet. Our sled dogs kept chewing through the lines, and it's hard to set up a wireless network in an igloo. Oops, you'll have to call back. We're being attacked by a moose.

Bahaha ! I love going to the stated I always get questions about our igloos and I always always always carry out conversations saying "Aboot" instead of "about" untill were saying bye, then i tell them yeah... "We say it about." or I cant remember all the other stupid things  

~Stir of echoes~

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:16 pm
    I ran into a guy once that my friend knew, and he was telling us how when he had told some old friends he'd moved to the south they asked him seriously if he had running water and indoor plumbing down here... gonk

Makes me also think of that one song Brian sings on Family Guy..."the country's changed, that is, except the South, and you'll agree~~~"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:10 pm
I once had someone online ask me if we have internet and computers in Australia... No, I was using my ancient Aboriginal magic to connect to the internet. Obviously.

An aunt of mine who works in a shop in an airport says that American's are the worst to serve because they always act loud, ignorant, and arrogant. My dad know's an American that came to Australia for a holiday and complained that there were no kangaroos hopping in the streets. It seems to me that American's don't get taught much about other countries while in school. Would that be true? Anyway, for a country of people who like to claim that the stereotype about them is true, you do a terrible job at proving otherwise. America isn't a country I ever want to visit...  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:47 pm
God-Raped-Me
User Image

Sounds cool!

I really need to go traveling just to get all these stereotypes out of my head. Like Mexico's probably NOT just a bunch of small towns like you see in movies. And I'm sure not everyone in England goes pub hopping and curses in a WAY different way. sweatdrop
User Image
NO, I just didnt read that...yeah you need to travel more, I feel like i wen to so many places...but the truth there are many small towns but there are roads, and its pretty secure, and cool its like your perfect scape for the weekend if you want to realx and get in touch with nature maybe or just relax eat tipic mexican food which is really tasty and cool, but there are big citys Monterrey, Guadalajara, DF we have everything just like USA, or any country in Europe, and any other country in the world....Right now for example I love my stay in Mexico I miss my stay in the USA I can not lie you ppl are really special you make people feel like at home and are very warmth not like your steryothype if but right now after I finish medicine i want to go to rusia do to my speciality as a plastic surgeon  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 749 750 751 752 753 754 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games