Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Post pictures of yourself! (Now with correct Gramm-R!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 750 751 752 753 754 755 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you have a pic.
  yes
  no
View Results

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:52 pm
I feel a little shy of posting in this discussion (being a silly American,) but I'd just like to share that I've spoken to a few people from overseas who were thrilled to discover that I can form sentences properly. One English woman insisted that I should be praised for using "correct" correctly. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:12 pm
User Image

@Psycha: Sorry... redface It's not just Mexico I have stereotypical images about though. I think I should totally travel! For our honeymoon I would like to see the Festival of the Dead, I don't think GTR wants to though. So maybe we'll have to go to it some other time.

I feel so cool now though! I talk to someone who wants to be a plastic surgeon! Don't ask why.

@Steph: I don't blame you for feeling like that. Not many people think of Americans in a good light.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:18 pm
I know. emo Unfortunately, I'm one of the only teen girls in my area with any concept of concern of it.
<--- Pariah  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:29 pm
God-Raped-Me
User Image

@Psycha: Sorry... redface It's not just Mexico I have stereotypical images about though. I think I should totally travel! For our honeymoon I would like to see the Festival of the Dead, I don't think GTR wants to though. So maybe we'll have to go to it some other time.

I feel so cool now though! I talk to someone who wants to be a plastic surgeon! Don't ask why.

@Steph: I don't blame you for feeling like that. Not many people think of Americans in a good light.
User Image
Nah its ok, sorry, when I went to europe last year they have the image of us that we love party 24/7 and they love us totally I dont know why...but its like everywere in the world I imagine dependat on the image you want to project and treath others and the acctitude you have is the way you will feel treatherd and have the experience you have at that place with that type of people  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 am
Man...America ain't that bad. At least we're not France. talk2hand xp  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:36 am
An American with anti-French sentiments? That's unheard of! blaugh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:41 am
lol  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:02 am
i cant even begin to describe how retarded a name like "Freedom Fries" is... stare  

Agent_of_Misfortune

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:59 am

I am an old ATG member =]

lawl freedom fries = idiocity
most americans I know are rather intelligent

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:24 am
I don't think I've ever met an American who was in favour of the term "freedom fries". They think the term is ridiculous, just like the rest of the world. :3

It's sad, since the ignorant minority gives the majority a bad name. : (

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:21 pm
Well, bad apples, squeaky wheels, and all the rest. rolleyes Society has made itself accustomed to accommodating the lowest common denominator.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:12 pm
Indeed indeed *nod*

Silly overly-vocal idiots...

invisible-weirdo

124-C

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:26 pm
*face-palms at "Freedom Fries"*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:27 pm
Oh god, not those.  

Magical Maiden

Astral Seraph

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:33 pm

And frankly, you don't know HOW many levels of insanely annoyed it makes me that everything is "dumbed down" to the lowest common denominator. It should be the other way around and aimed, if not at the HIGHEST common denominator, at (at least) higher than average. Let people work their brains a little; it can only do some good. xp  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 750 751 752 753 754 755 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games