Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:24 pm
Not here? Firebolt let out a soft creel as she realized that the more she looked in the candidates, the more she was finding the one she was looking for wasn't there. Are we playing, mine? What game is this? the green called out, starting to move with much quicker steps. Then, suddenly, she paused at one of the spots of earlier carnage, creeling anxiously at the scene and beginning to trail after it, as though somehow it would lead her to something - some cause, some answer, somebody.

Those inside of the healer's station would find the green suddenly burst in dramatically with a hwonk of concern. Here? Was this where they were?

She began to pace about, looking up nervously into the face of all of the candidates there, but there was only one she was looking for, and it was when she came to the sitting woman the green rested her head in the woman's lap with a soft creel. Orange and white laced the rainbows of impression as she looked up at Ticene.

I put on a show for you to see! Could you see it from here, myTicene? Your Metlath promises she can put on many more for you to watch if you didn't.

User Image

The_Muffin_Puppy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Although Amare had other siblings, she had never before had the special role of older sister. She'd never known the responsibility of caring for another in this way. It was surprisingly pleasant. But then again, perhaps bossy Amaretti was just naturally suited to the job. "I don't know if I'll Impress," she said lightly, offering her sibling her hand. "There are a lot of dragonets, though. Plenty of opportunities out there for both of us. How about you? How do you feel your chances are, Nonami?" If nothing else, Amare felt certain that none of the eggs she'd touched were her own, anyway.

Prism Shine

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:36 pm
Siv

Hobble. Hobble hobble. Hobble.

Wait what happened? Siv glanced as a pair of blues Impressed (HA. So they had the blues now! And Siv was indeed pleased to pun at herself.), and then a green streak of lightening went past, knocking her off balanmce...

And then the teen caught herself before she ended up with sand in unpleasant places again. WELL. THAT WAS.

SOMETHING.

"Did I miss something? Are the dragons going in there now what?"

OH FARANTH WHAT HAPPEN SHE MISSED POTENTIAL INFORMATION HER STUDY OF THE HATCHING WAS RUIINED. SHE FAILED NOOOOOOOOO.

Because of course.... 15, and still still slightly melodramatic. At least not like her beloved Papa... who might hear from another parent she fell... OH, BY FARANTH.

And Siv groaned, rolling her eyes at the ribbing letters sure to be expected by runner soon, nearly splut-ing a fifth time. Dignity was dead. Forever.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:36 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Things were starting to move faster now. Nala felt the ranks of dragonets were thinning a bit as more and more made their choices and headed off to be fed. She held her breath as several blues and the silly Firebolt green found their riders. Such lovely babies. All of them were really. Nala eased up on the potential death grip her cling might have become on poor Shar.

“Are you doing ok?” She asked the older girl.

SilverLutz
Shar

magnadearel

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:38 pm
A flurry of Impressions ricocheted like fireworks. A brown went to a woman, which Calla noted with an appraising nod. Two blues found Theirs, and then a green had tracked across the Sands all the way into the healing tent to locate the one meant for her. When this all began, the crowd of Candidates felt massive and the looming eggs even larger. Now there was plenty of shattered shell egg carnage -- and other carnage too -- but the number of bodies, both dragonet and human alike, had dwindled considerably.

The space that had existed between Calla and the other female Candidates had widened a bit, as members of their ranks had left either to have wounds tended or with a dragonet in tow, but the girl had not noticed. She was too focused on counting eggs, trying to feel for something she was certain she was supposed to feel (as if the magical bond snapping into place could be something quantified, as much as she hoped it could be), shifting her weight to ease the burning in her feet that was nearly numb now from her time planted in place.

Shift shift, stare stare, wonder wonder.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:40 pm
YURASTAR

So many babies. Such cuties. Much impressions. Wow.

- - - - -

HAVELI

Gross.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:57 pm

The Dementor Blue watched as one after another, Impression was made. Each smiling face, each exuberant clutchmate... Part of the dragon looked upon them with a critical and judging eye. Did they not know what this moment meant? Did they not know that someday, sooner or later, they would face real danger, and potential death? So much joy and emotion--he rather would have preferred a more dignified Hatching and one that was less chaotic. He wanted one that... just didn't have so much feeling.

Ah, but he supposed there was much to be done and he wasn't going to be able to do any of it alone. All his dearest siblings had left. This wading through Candidates wasn't efficient at all, and took so much time. Finally, with a snort, the blue dragon found himself closer to the sidelines.

He knew who His was and it was time for the healer to be done worrying about others and for once, worry about himself. MaddeckMine. He let his words wrap around the man, trying to get him to look over. You realize they'll all die someday, don't you? Not very cheerful, was he, but the blue also wanted to know where was the lie. Death was inevitable. Still, he wasn't completely heartless. Finish up swiftly and come to your Takuth. I hunger, and must eat. This Impressing business is far too tedious for my ichor. And with that, the dragon sat down in the sands, still as a statue and waited.

His would come, but until then, Takuth would wait.

User Image

Melomar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:59 pm
Reya and Raqisath

R'bin had found the newly Impressed pair quickly. Probably because he had known exactly where they would have to go. Now he stood over Reya and her partner, trying to get Reya to come up with a plan for the future when Reya could barely think beyond the next few minutes and coaxing Raqisath to eat some more. From the way other dragons around the area were eating, it was clear that Raqisath was seriously lacking in gusto.

"R'bin," she finally said sharply, cutting her older brother off. "I've just Impressed a dragon, whose name you haven't even asked after by the way. You know exactly what my future plans are, now and for the next five turns."

"What about Eridan?" R'bin pressed her.

Reya felt a sharp twinge of guilt, and then it grew as she realized that the guilt didn't come from the thought of leaving her son behind. The guilt came from her guilt at not feeling guilt about that. She was truly, a terrible mother.

Perhaps you weren't meant to be a mother, Raqisath suggested. Just because it happened, doesn't mean it was what you were intended to do. I happen to think you were meant to be a dragonrider.

It was not, as arguments went, particularly well-structured or articulate, but it was certainly to-the-point. In fact, Reya didn't find she disagreed with Raqisath's assessment at all. She wasn't going to repeat the hatchling's reasoning to her brother, though. She was pretty sure he would see her as a monster then, and even his infinite capacity for forgiveness would probably be strained beyond its limits.

"R'bin, you know I can't look after him properly and train to be a dragonrider. He'll have to stay at Western. It would be nice if you let him stay with you, but I know you didn't sign on for that, and I would understand if you preferred to leave him in the care of the creche permanently." She was not subtle about twisting the knife and making R'bin feel guilty, too. She didn't need to be. He was a good man, if unmotivated, and she didn't really believe for a second that he would allow his nephew to live as an orphan in the Weyr.

To change the subject, Reya asked, "Shouldn't she be eating more than this?"

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:14 pm
Weyrling Makimton and Green Zygmuth

They had gone through several buckets of meat before the green gave a contented burp followed by a sheepish grin. I don’t think I could eat another bite MakimMine. But I’m so sleepy now. The young man smiled and set the bucket down to wipe his hands off. “Don’t go to sleep just yet. I think I’ve got to oil you now.”

He led the drowsy green out of the way of the others. There were still more dragons coming in to be fed! Makim grabbed a brush and oil. “Rest there while I spread this on you.” Ok, Zygmuth yawned. Makim gently applied the oil to her delicate hide.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:19 pm
The question made Shar glance to her left where Nala stood, still clinging to her arm if not as intensely as before. She barely knew this girl - in fact, she really only knew her name - but the fact that Rizdax had been protecting her let her know that she wasn't someone to worry about.

"Yes, I'm doing fine," she replied, not wanting her to get anxious. She was in pain, yes, but not enough to pull her away from standing. Maybe if the two girls Impressed she'd move over to the healer's sands, but she knew Rizdax wouldn't want either of them left alone.

Almost on cue, a rather stunning blue trod over to the little group, his eyes flashing rainbow at the girl to Shar's right. With another grin she glanced at Cavera, nodding her head in a little bow as well. Not as deep as she had given to Zamistia, but respectful all the same.

"And congratulations to you as well," she said, glad that their group was thinning out.

magnadearel

Prism Shine

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:27 pm
SOUI and White Museth

Arriving at the feeding area, Soui stopped to asses all the people there before her. It occurred to the teen that these would be the classmates and dragons she would be spending the next turn with (at the very least a turn in training, plus the five required), if not the rest of her life should she choose to remain at High Reaches, and thus it was very important she get to know them.

Clearing her throat a little, she took a deep breath before quickly bowing over to greet every other weyrling pair. "My name is Soui, formerly from Western Weyr, and this is my dragon Museth. I look forward to working with you all from here forward." She ended her bow quickly and nearly gave herself vertigo, though pressure against her legs from a very loving white kept her from toppling over.

That was wonderful. Museth's words were the reassurance the teen needed as she started in to find a space and a bucket, all the while wordlessly going over the steps she was supposed to do now that she'd impressed. My love, take your time. You know what to do and how to do it in your time; you need not panic in order to perform.

Another deep breath had Soui carefully cutting up pieces, her fingers skilled with the knife and the pieces cut perhaps a little too small for her dragon despite her size. It was better to be safe than sorry, and Museth didn't seem to mind as she eagerly chewed down what was given. The ache that both shared in their stomach was slowly fading, being replaced with a weariness and a bit of....itching.

Quote:
THIS IS FOR EVERYONE IN THE FEEDING AREA. FEEL FREE TO IGNORE HER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:28 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Another one of their group had impressed! Nala murmured a happy congrats for the girl. That left her and Shar didn’t it? Riz would be so happy for his friends. She smiled up at Shar, “I’m sorry if I’m being a bother.” She’d been stupid and forgotten the girl was injured too.

Was her last companion going to leave her here alone on the sands too? True she hadn’t really known anyone except Riz that she’d been standing with. Maybe she would have been better off if she’d left when Riz had been taken away by the healer.

SilverLutz
Shar

Prism Shine

magnadearel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:37 pm
At Nala's comment Shar scoffed slightly, waving her now free hand.

"Please. You're anything but. Just keep yourself focused on those dragons." Now that the field was starting to thin she could direct her own focus on those that remained, sending warm, welcoming thoughts to the eggs that had yet to hatch. Surely they'd begin moving soon now that the excitement was dying down a bit. Sometimes the shyer eggs needed it calm and quiet to come out.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:39 pm
Siv

More Impressions? Oh, good. BUT WHAT OF HER SCIENCE-- ogh, she'llextrapolate later.

Amila and green Matoath

Oh! Oh it was the other girl there when Hufflepuff panicked in the Touching! Amila nearly withdraw a bit, butMatoath sent another wave of pure adoration to her Rider, warmth exuding as the dragonet offered the new pair a welcoming creel, moving to nose in greeting to the girl before looking to Museth as she accepted another piece of meat. Amila felt emboldened by her dragon, just enough to smile, letting her eat as she stroked her back again.

"Hi, Soui. I'm Amila, and this is Matoath." She smiled shyly. Matoath's eyes remained absolutely blue, wiuth the occasional prickle to green, then to purple, then blue at the pure joy of having Hers.

Such a lovely rider, Museth, I am so happy to see you find the one for you. Matoath said with another fond creel. She was happy with her family -- and with nobody fighting, she saw no reason to be snappy, appraising Soui carefully before accepting another slice of meat from her rider. Amila, for her part, shifted, offering Soui space to be closer -- wel, if she wanted.

houllow
Hello new fran

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:39 pm

Lumos Egg
The egg finally began to twitch and shake. Someone was finally starting to move! It took a little maneuvering.... a little shifting, but finally the egg cracked. Out came a small blue tail...but that was it. Hmm. Maybe more shell needed to be removed first. A little shrug, a little push, and suddenly the rest of the blue came falling out of the egg, tumbling and rolling down the small dune of sand with a surprised squeak. Whoops!

Looking up at all the Candidates, the dragon seemed not at all bothered, and gave a joyous peep. Hello!

- - - -
Ravenclaw Egg
As soon as Lumos Egg broke free, this egg also cracked. There was hardly a wobble--but the shell quite suddenly crumbled around the dragon. A large blue sat within, staring judgmentally at the world. After all this time...he was here.

- - - -
Bright Red Mystery Egg 12
The egg gave a few more shakes, and finally a crack happened. The egg stopped moving, and then, with a mighty shrug, the top popped off, like a cork from the bottle. A bronze head pushed itself out and gave a surprised cheap. Oh... Oh wow. His eyes seemed to widen as he stared up at the immense hatching ground. SO BIG!! So much bigger then he'd EVER thought, could have ever imagined!!

- - -
Neon & Teal Mystery Egg 14
This egg also seemed to hatch, but a bit more quietly. Off to the side, a hole appeared, like the tear of a seam. A little claw stuck out, working its way, chipping away at the egg bit by bit. Finally, with a bit of a shove and a push, a brown dragon managed to squirm out of the shell, even as it crumbled behind him. He struggled to his feet, shaking off the egg goop, before taking a decidedly long look right at the remaining Candidates.

Now this could take a while....

- - -
Gold & White Striped Mystery Egg 16
A small egg, partially buried, seemed to crack...but its contents didn't quite reveal itself. Not yet. Right now....it would wait.

- - -
Silver & Grey Sparkle Mystery Egg 17
This large egg, settled right in front of Rhianth, gave a loud crack. A shift, a shrug, and the egg fell over into the sand. The force was enough to cause the egg to collapse on itself, showering a bronze dragon with shell fragments and egg goop.

Ah-ha! Success at last! Freedom!

- - -
Brown & Purple Scribble Mystery Egg 18
This egg, sitting more towards Fianth side, also seemed to suddenly twitch. Oh! Oh they wanted to come out too if everybody was going! Surely, they wouldn't be left behind, would they? In the egg's excitement, it rolled down its mount of sand, and cracked right into a Mystery Red & White Egg 19 nearby. The two eggs collided, cracking ....but three dragons fell out.

Two bronzes -- one large, one tiny -- and a medium sized brown. The brown dragon gave an apologetic hwonk at the two bronzes, who had clearly been sharing an egg. The larger of the two bristled, eyes rolling red, and snapped unhappily at the brown, who backed away quickly. Whoops.

- - -
Baby Mine:
The egg began to wriggle and shake. Oh. Oh was it time? Mama? Papa? Uncle? Was anyone still there? Had everybody left yet? Was now a good time to hatch? Should it wait? Oh... Oh it didn't know quite what to do!

- - -
You've Got a Friend In Me:
One wiggle. Two wiggle. Rough Wriggle. Blue Wriggle! At least.... At least that's what happened when the dragonet within suddenly pushed through its shell. Ah-ha! Now it was getting somewhere! Freedom wasn't far, nope! Just a... just a little bit more to go!

- - -
Remember Me:
The blue egg continued to wriggle, shimmy, and shake... and then finally the egg cracked! The shell split in two, right down the center of the music note marking.... and the egg fell away from the dragonet inside.

Blinking up at the world, the little gold had been turned, so her back was away from the Candidates. She looked up first at her great golden mother, giving a small, fond creel, before she blinked and realized she was not alone. Craning her neck, she slowly looked behind her and saw the Candidates.

Oh...Oh my.

Her purple eyes turned a bright blue-green, and she gave a fond croon hello.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games