Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:51 am
User ImageUser Imagex
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

ᴛᴛɪʀᴇ ﹕﹕ [x]
                                                          ᴀᴍs ﹕﹕ [x]
                                                          ᴏᴏᴅ ﹕﹕ Can't Even
                                                          ᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ﹕﹕ Platform 9 3/4
                                                          ᴏᴍᴘᴀɴɪᴏɴs ﹕﹕ No one
                                                          ʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ﹕﹕ '..............'

Not to be outdone by her sister, Isla came barging into the platform just in time for boarding. Looking slightly frazzled, the girl had kept her mess of red hair tightly packed under a cap, but with tufts of unkempt and tangled hair sticking out here and there Isla resembled a homeless man more than she did a young heiress. It wasn’t that she had woken up late, in fact Isla had woken about half an hour earlier than Bonna, but waking up was far different from getting up, and of course Isla had physically gotten out of bed with a mere ten minutes to spare. Her outfit, though typically what she would normally wear on any given day, had been haphazardly thrown together virtually last minute, and with the sweater she was wearing nearly two times her size it gave off the illusion that Isla wasn’t wearing pants at all. Pursing her lips with a look of sheer determination on her bespeckled face, Isla rolled her sleeves up to her elbows; a futile effort, but an attempt nonetheless. When she finally got sight of her hands again, Isla threw her shades on and walked down the platform and into the train, choosing to avoid her sister and her little group of friends for the time being.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:16 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Fourth Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo listened to the conversation unfold before saying anything, not really saying much, rather using more casual nodding. He kept his smile on though so the company would not think he was bored or anything. He did look around a bit and did see a few girls that he was interested in, or at least, wanted to get to know more to start, in particular, a blonde haired girl who had been all alone for now. Hopefully that was not what she wanted because he was going to introduce himself. He would not come off too strong however, because that was exactly the way to get sent away before one even starts. "Hey, Ronna, I'll catch up with you later at the table. It was nice to meet you Victor," he said to the two of them before departing with his things.

After he left he passed quite a bit more people before he got to the girl, giving casual waves to any of the people he knew. He actually realized he might have waved at Alexandria unintentionally, but he was sure she wouldn't think too much on that. She probably hated him even more by now, but he couldn't let that fact bother him either.

Soon enough, he actually got to the girl. His confidence was restored so he truly had no problem going up to someone and just talking like he used to. He pulled up to the girl's side, but then tripped and fell. Completely unintentional and very embarrassing to say the least, he of course had to wait until he was next to her...next to her. He couldn't have done it two seconds before when he was behind her? No, he waited until she could see him. But it was too late to go back now and he would just roll with it. "Uhm...Hello. Not the conversation starter I was looking for but I guess I'll roll with it..." he said, laughing a bit before picking up all of his things and brushing off any dirt that had gotten on him. "Sorry about that...my name's Robin, but I go by my middle name Theodore. I've seen you around school: you are a Hufflepuff right?" he asked the girl calmly, as if the fall didn't even happen. If there was one thing that he had gotten exceedingly great at over the years, it was definitely smooth recoveries.

"Oh...looks like we have to board now. May I sit with you," he asked calmly, a small smile on his face. He wouldn't if she really didn't want him to. He did really hope that he could, because the whole scene he just went through to get to her would be a complete waste.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

mc2

Squeeky Luff

Forks Anonymous

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:41 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ 5th Yr Gryffindor ➳ ➳
➳ ➳ Muggle-born, Daughter of Late Officer Brian Kiss of the Kent Police ➳ ➳
➳ ➳ PrefectReserve Beater 01 ➳ Vice-Captain of the Reparifors Group Therapy ClubDueling Club Member ➳ ➳

Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand
Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall
Wearing: My Uniform
At: Platform 9 3/4
Thinking: The quieter this year is the better.

User Image "Sure," Veronica said a bit baffled as he disappeared just as the train boarding announcement was made. Then again she had said she was going to head the prefects car once boarding started. "Strange kid, sometimes," She sighed to Victor. "I don't think he was particularly fond of you. Maybe it is your being French, no offense..."

"We should head to the train and see who else got prefect," She added to Victor. "And gold bubbles seriously? I'll stick to taking showers in the ordinary bathrooms. Though I guess it might be nice for after try-outs, I always get a few bruises from that at least. But no bubbles. And, I'll be happier if it was salt water."

User Image"As for the dye, I don't see the problem it isn't horrible. And you could just cut your hair really short or something and let your original color grow back in if you are concerned about it," She added with a nod, taking Victor's wrist and pulling lightly she said, "Come on let's go the Prefects Cabin and see who else of our classmates they chose as prefects."

RedEagleEye007
Squeeky Luff

<>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:12 pm
User Image
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
[UNSORTED]

Wand: Curupay Wood with a Pixie Wing Core, Pliable and Bent
Blood: three-quarters magical
Upcoming 1st Year

-----------------------------------------------------------

Benjamin had mostly stayed quiet for the exchange between Timothy and Cash and then the girl Bonna who had joined them. The explanation Cash gave about his brother sort of made sense he guessed. And they were asked about their house preferences and Timothy mentioned asking Benjamin if he wanted to learn BSL. And then Cash asked fairly bluntly about why Timothy couldn't speak and threatened the girl to be nice to the others. She was probably the Gryffindor Cash mentioned.

Benjamin let out a laugh, "Spanish and English is enough work to keep up with. I didn't even bother learning the other official first language when I lived abroad-I guess I know a few words but still... You are going to kill me with work Timothy. Nah, if I work on learning BSL you won't bug me as much about homework, right?" He joked. Honestly, Benjamin didn't mind learning, it would make hanging out with Timothy easier and he seemed like a good guy to have as a friend.

He glanced at Cash and then Bonna before adding, "I don't really care much about the housing thing. Out of my hands as I see it. Just as long as there is enough going on in the house to keep me entertained I'm happy."

He turned when boarding for the train was announced, "You two want to join us?"

Yukina101
Devlyn Maycry
Grespeciatto

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:51 pm
User Image
Julius is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // wearing his school robes
CURRENTLY // single
CURRENTLY WITH // his family
CURRENTLY FEELING // looking forward to the year
CURRENTLY THINKING // Back to Hogwarts we aren't essentially on house arrest anymore...
spacespac
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

space "Annoying? Not really. You have the opportunity to be truly annoying all the time and don't take it. And, how we were all cooped up together all summer all of us would get on our nerves fairly quickly," Julius added with a shrug.

That was when one of his housemates, Coffee, who was friends with Dori came over. He wondered when she leaned against Dorian since when had she been notably taller than any of them. "Hey, Coffee, right?" Julius answered with a simple nod. Dori had the easier time making friends in Julius opinion, partially because he was so sociable and outspoken, even though at times some people may consider it annoying. Julius was more under the opinion it was just Dorian's personality like Ty was overly fussy about some things.

He then noticed the red haired girl and said, "And, hey is it Rory or something like that?" He shook his head somewhat hoping the hot stuff was referring to Dori or Coffee. Then again if she was putting Dori in that category and he and Ty were identical in looks... that was an odd thought. "Summer was us mostly forced on house arrest. Boring generally," He sighed in response to Rory.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          Cara MiaKitty
                                                          Grespeciatto
                                                          Mizuki226

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

My silence was the silence, silence of rocks,
My silence, it was the silence of the stones,
Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy watched as a rather hyper redheaded girl came bounding over and jumped on Cash's back like she belonged there and then was further shocked when he didn't even try to push her off but merely hiked her up on his back like he was used to it. Well, judging by how quickly it had happened he probably was. He silently giggled to himself because in a way it reminded him of how his sister treated her friends so it just must be a girl thing. He then winced at the older boy's question about his mute status and fidgeted slightly as he tried to find the right words to sign. "I...I just can't. I was born premature, like really premature, so the healers think that my vocal chords are just...young? There but not really? It's weird, I can sometimes make sounds but the last time I tried to talk something..really bad happened." his hands faltered as he tried to get in control of his emotions. He didn't mention that the last time he tried he was seven and his accidental magic reacted to his anger and confusion and lashed out practically imploding everything around him. His mother had been scared out of her mind and he had to stay in St. Mungos for almost a month because of his stupid weak immune system. He never liked to speak about it because it made him feel like some sort of unfinished freak. Timothy sent Benjamin a grateful look and small smile thanking him as well as chuckling as he kept trying to avoid work. He nodded at his question knowing that if he successfully taught his friend BSL he really wouldn't bother him too too much about his homework. Maybe just twice. He heard the announcement about boarding and made sure to grab Aurora from the trolley so he could carry her with him, he didn't think she would like riding with the rest of their luggage.

After the all commotion, [Casual]
Ruffle and rustle, [Platform 9 3/4]
Saw I silence, [Seymour and Cash]
All quiet and silently [Getting ready to go to school!]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

mc2

Devlyn Maycry

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:01 pm
In another time, we would be as one
In another place, our lives would've only just begun
We walk beneath the sun; we lie beneath the stars
We grow upon the Earth and this is what we are
It didn't have to be this way, but this is what we are
The wasted years have passed so slowly
Without connection to my only
The end is near; defining lonely

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Sixth Year - Hufflepuff - Prefect -
[feeling: nervous] [thinking: there's Claire!] [with: Claire] [at: Platform 9 and 3/4]

Uriel had ditched his siblings as soon as possible, though Jess and Toby had split away themselves and Eleazar had just sort of... faded into the crowd. He didn't know how his brother did that. It was a bit freaky. He made his way across the platform, and his face lit up at the sight of a familiar blonde girl he hadn't seen in quite some time. He'd been afraid Claire wouldn't be back this year. "Claire!" he called out eagerly, coming to a stop at her side. "I heard you left early last year because of illness-" he studied her worriedly for a moment. "You're alright now?" he questioned. His stomach was in knots himself and he wondered if he looked nervous. Probably. He had something he wanted to ask her, after all, if he could get up the courage to do so. He stopped himself from chewing his lower lip just as the conductor gave the last call for boarding. Well, maybe he could ask her on the train. "We should get a compartment," he suggested.

A good head and a good heart is always a formidable combination.

Forks Anonymous

Is anybody there to show me?
You don’t believe in space
You don’t believe in light
You don’t believe that anything is well beyond your might
We walk across the sky and beneath the ocean floor
We’re never going anywhere we've never been before
It doesn't have to be this way
This isn't who we are

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:44 pm
I will keep quiet.
You won’t even know I’m here.
You won’t suspect a thing.
You won’t see me in the mirror.
But I crept into your heart...
You can’t make me disappear-
'Til I make you!
I made myself at home...

In the cobwebs and the lies: Calm
I’m learning all your tricks: ...
I can hurt you from inside: Rui
I made myself a promise: Platform 9 and 3/4

M O R V E N | G R A I N N E | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | S L Y T H E R I N | S E C O N D Y E A R User Image

Morven sauntered off as soon as she spotted someone she knew and didn't despise, leaving her older sister without so much as a goodbye. Newlyn called one after her anyways. Morven sighed, turned, and gave the shortest wave in human existence before making her way over to the much older girl with the vivid golden eyes. "Hullo," she said innocently enough. "This is your last year, isn't it?" She looked towards the gleaming red train, and the conductor who had just shouted the last call for boarding it. "Compartment?" she asked with a small shrug. "I haven't got any friends-" she smiled thinly, "And you don't seem to have any either." She wondered if she was pushing her luck. Rui could just as easily dismiss her and leave her to find an empty compartment to sulk in. She'd spent the train ride home this past spring by herself, and she didn't have much of a desire to do that again. It was a fairly long ride, and glaring at anyone who asked if she was saving the seats got boring very quickly.

YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME CRY.

Devlyn Maycry

You’ll never know what hit you...
Won’t see me closing in...
I’m gonna make you suffer...
This hell you put me in!
I’m underneath your skin...
The devil within...
I will be here;
When you think you’re all alone.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:39 pm
Victor Beausoleil
Hufflepuff ** Fifth Year ** Prefect

User Image
"Let my healing melody,
ease your heart.
Let my kind voice,
ease your pain.

Victor watched as Theo excused himself, and smile some, "À la prochaine~" He then giggled as he watched the male run off. He seemed decent.

When Ronna commented on his french heritage, Victor tilted his head, "Really? I ddn't get zat vibe...but then again...I can be slightly...how would you say it?" He snapped his finger trying to remember the exact phrase, it was one of those American sayings he had heard before, but he shrugged when it didn't come to mind.

"Gold bubbles just sounds so.....beautiful." He then smiled, "I'm sure the washroom has ozer stuff too, I hear it's almost a miniature haven....well as far as washrooms go I'm sure." He then followed Ronna towards the train and prefects car, "I hope someone I know made prefect~ It'd be nice." He then thought for a moment, "Also...I will never cut my hair."

I feel happy you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Hope I see Theo again."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud fifth year
My puppeteer says "À la prochaine = See you later...roughly translated. Also next post is at train~" Out of character.

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:55 pm
User ImageUser Imagex
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘɪʀᴇs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇ﹐ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
                                                                  yyyy██████████ █████ ███████████████ ██████████████████
                                                                  yyyyyᵃᶰᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵒᵘᶜʰ ᵐᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᶤ'ᵐ ˡᶤᵏᵉ ᵒᵒʰxxᵃᶰᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵒᵘᶜʰ ᵐᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᶤ'ᵐ ˡᶤᵏᵉ ᵒᵒʰ
                                                                  yyyyyᵃᶰᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵒᵘᶜʰ ᵐᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᶤ'ᵐ ˡᶤᵏᵉ ᵒᵒʰx╰☆╯xᵃᶰᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵒᵘᶜʰ ᵐᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᶤ'ᵐ ˡᶤᵏᵉ ᵒᵒʰ
                                                                  yyyyyyyyyyyyyyʏᴏᴜ·ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴡɪʟᴅғɪʀᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ sɪɴɢʟᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ( ωє αяє αƖινє )xxx
                                                                  yyyy__and██the██stars██make██love██to██the██universe__

ᴛᴛɪʀᴇ ﹕﹕ [x]
                                                        ᴀᴍs ﹕﹕ [x]
                                                        ᴏᴏᴅ ﹕﹕ Thankful
                                                        ᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ﹕﹕ Platform 9 and 3/4
                                                        ᴏᴍᴘᴀɴɪᴏɴs ﹕﹕ Uriel and Theo
                                                        ʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ﹕﹕ '..............'

The empty bench Claire had managed to find offered minimal comfort, but with nothing better to do and a fair amount of time left to throw around she couldn’t help but to people watch. The crowds were constantly shifting. With people coming and going it was almost hard to capture it all, but the harder she tried the deeper she slipped into her tranquil little mindspace, until…

”Oh!” Claire blurted out, slightly startled by the stumbling student that she failed to notice approaching until he had tripped. Rising from the bench, Claire offered her hand to Theo, a look of concern on her face that was slowly fading as soon as she could see he was fine and seemed to be laughing it off, himself. After the fairly short and simple introduction, Claire nodded, a small smile on her lips as she spoke. ”Yes, I’m Claire, it’s a pleasure to meet you Theodore.” She replied. ”Are you sure you’re alright? That was… quite a fall.” By now, only a miniscule amount of concern was left, having been replaced by a more joking, friendly tone. Claire was attempting to hold back her laughter – polite laughter, of course, but still laughter nonetheless. ”I don’t think I’ve seen you around the school that much… but yes, I’m in Hufflepuff house. What about you?”

When another, more familiar voice sounded on the other end of the platform, her attention was diverted almost immediately, and with a beaming smile on her face Claire turned to find Uriel approaching. ”Uriel! Is that really you?” Unable to contain herself, Claire threw her arms around the boy, giving him a tight embrace before backing away, a light blush on her cheeks and a giddy, childish grin on her lips. ”Last year was… well, it was far from what I had hoped it would be. I’m fine now, the doctors have cleared me and everything.”

Turning back to Theodore, Claire took a half-step to the side. ”Oh, and this is Theodore. Theodore, Uriel, we’re both in the same house, and we were in the same year too… but then last year happened and…” Trailing off, Claire turned back to Uriel, unsure of what to say. Thankfully the conductor had some words of his own. Nodding to Uriel’s suggestion of finding a compartment, Claire turned back to Theodore. ”Would you like to join us, Theodore?”

The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:30 pm
User Image

The Hogwarts Express

With a piercing whistle and a puff of steam, the doors of the Hogwarts Express closed. The students all on board, leaning out the windows and waving at their families, The train engine slowly inched forward, before picking up speed as it left the station.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:23 pm
User Image

The Hogwarts Express

The scarlet engine pulls into the station, ready to start the long journey to another year of school. Students and parents come to board the train to go another year. In an hour or so, the train will pull out, taking students to Hogwarts.

((OOC: You may begin posting students arriving to start the new year at school. The train will be leaving the station on the 25th for the school.))

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:27 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Smart at Location with - - -
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Finally free! ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

If you thought I'd leave ❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          Then you were wrong ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          'Cause I won't stop holding on ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAs Elliott made his way through the barrier dividing platforms nine and ten, he couldn't help but think that he was probably thinking the exact opposite of his classmates. While most of them had arrived at the station earlier that Summer with cries of 'Freedom!', he couldn't help but want to throw up his hands and shout the same now. Most people would probably think that was weird, given that he was getting on the train to return to school, but then, most people didn't have to spend the Summer with Kenneth and Verily. Ugh, he was sick of them. Not that they were really any more obnoxious than they'd ever been, but it was enough that his eagerness to return home and see his brother had worn out pretty quickly. As it stood, he was glad that Kenneth wasn't accompanying him onto the platform this year; he'd managed to convince the American that, no, he didn't need an escort. Which he didn't. It wasn't like he could get lost between the platform and the train, after all. Realizing that Kenneth hadn't followed him and that he was, in fact, free, his shoulders slumped in relief, and he started to look around the platform. It wasn't particularly crowded just yet, so if anyone he knew had arrived, he'd probably be able to find them, right? He wouldn't mind seeing Arianna. Or even Emily, although he had to admit he wasn't particularly close to the Hufflepuff. Still. Any company other than his brother and Verily was welcome... or, almost any company. If William Wynters so much as looked in his direction, he thought he might explode.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❃ ❃ ❃ Because I've seen love die
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ Way too many times
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ When it deserved to be alive

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:44 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss
6th Year Gryffindor Prefect

User ImageGryffindor Team Beater
Dueling Club Leader
Youth Representative of the Wizengamot
Muggleborn Witch
Wand: 13 inches, Laurel, Dragon Heartstring
Inflexible and Somewhat Knobby
Height: 5' 8"
DOB: June 22, 2011
Dating: Tobias Walsh

It is: Start of the 2027-2028 School Year//I'm at: Platform 9 3/4//Around: No-one in Particular//Wearing: her uniform-yes already

Ronna had decided to show up at the station already wearing her uniform-well she didn't wear her Gryffindor colored robes over her uniform per the typical uniform policy, but she couldn't exactly walk around the station wearing wizard robes. It was bad enough she had to carry an owl's cage and her trunk which got an occasional brow raise as she pushed her trolley. Or the quick eyebrow raise before she arrived on the other side of the gate. And she had quickly handed over her trolley for her luggage and owl to be put up so they would be set up for her-like everyone else's stuff would be when they arrived up in their dorms.

The summer had been fairly quiet for herself besides the fact she knew way too much on Muggle Universities than she ever would need to know-or likely need to know. At the moment she was claiming she was actively looking at CalTech and a major in the maths-well math, since American-related field. Next year after graduation from Hogwarts was going to be awkward-Ronna already knew it, but she wasn't all that concerned in the end. After all what did it matter if her mother liked or didn't like whatever she did. She gave up that whole right to care or say anything years and years ago.

Ronna glanced around, pretty settled to being one of the taller ones in the crowd, deciding to not think about the whole issue of juggling lies with a mother she technically didn't have to speak to but it was less headaches for everyone if she did. Toby was the one with the bad summer-well him and Jess and his family- that was far more of a concern. And, if Toby had showed up to her doorstep right when he could, that meant she was all the more responsible to stay positive and not selfish or wrapped up in herself-it didn't matter if they were dating or not.

Granted she probably was a bit more responsible for Toby and his feelings since they were dating. Which was only a matter of time besides the most obnoxious Ravenclaw with ridiculously loud fashion figured it out. And, Gypsy would credit the relationship to her brilliance no doubt. Ronna shook her head, standing up on her tiptoes for a moment scanning the crowd before falling back to how she stood before-besides she was wearing heeled boots like usual, it wasn't like standing on tiptoes was going to help that much scanning the crowd. Honestly, Ronna probably would never had made the move at the end of the year if Gypsy hadn't cornered her and gave her what Ronna reasoned was horrible advice because she liked to label all Gypsy ideas as 'somehow bad', which did end up in the relationship-but Ronna wasn't going to tell the Ravenclaw that or that Ronna actually listened to Gypsy's advice on something. The girl had a big enough head as is.

Regardless, it was nice to be back, and in the prefects carriage she would probably see everyone else. Toby, Jess, Gypsy, Jer-and then whoever was next years prefects. Ronna felt kind of guilty hoping Theo didn't get it, because she didn't feel like he could admit he was wrong, which Ronna got sucked, but it didn't exactly make great leadership qualities. Wasn't Gypsy's little brother or something a fifth year this year? She thought so, but he was quiet, though compared to Gypsy most people were quiet.

User Image

{{OoC: Open for Interaction}}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:39 am
Cara Jane League//Cathaline Acacia League//Leah Ruby League
Jane Cathaline Avery//David Sinclair League//Wendy Madeline Chaisty

Former Slytherin//3rd Year Hufflepuff//Unsorted Future Hogwarts Sutdent
Former Slytherin//5th Year Ravenclaw//2nd Year Slytherin

Cara Jane League xx/xxx Cathaline Acacia League x/x Leah Ruby League xxxxx
Head of the Obliviator Office /xxxxxxx Budding Linguist /xxxxxxxx Future Hogwarts Student
Former Slytherinxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ Hufflepuff xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ Unsortedxxx/

x Jane Cathaline Avery xx/xxx David Sinclair League x/x Wendy Madeline Chaisty xxxxx
/xxxxxxx Avery Matriarchxxxxxxxx/ Conditional Avery Heir /xxxxxxxx 2nd Year Student
xxxxxxxx Former Slytherin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ Ravenclaw xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ Slytherinxxx/

David had arrived on the platform along with his cousin-second cousin-whatever the redhead was considered beyond a branch member (which honestly, Wendy had more privileges than a normal branch member would) and Jane Avery. It wasn't hard to spot his mother in her designer dress suit and his hyper sister who actually wasn't nearly as excitable as usual-probably thanks to the fact his mother was carrying David and Cathy's little sister Leah. David immediately came over to his mother and when Leah reached out her little hands Cara handed him over to her son. David smiled and said, "Oh, you've gotten heavier. Hmm... are your eyes getting darker? Looks like you got Dad's though..."

Cathy narrowed her eyes suspiciously at her brother and stayed her distance a bit from him with Leah. She looked about as lost as always around the kid and hoped her little sister was talking in full sentences when she returned next break. It wasn't like Cathy hated Leah, but all her sister could do was cry or gurgle or giggle or whatever-it was irritating to Cathy, and she felt guilty about thinking it. Granted she actually thought it was kind of nice that David got along more than enough with Leah and doted on their sister enough for both of them. Meanwhile, Wendy raised a brow first at David and Leah League and then looked to her Hufflepuff relative a bit surprised the blonde wasn't doting on the baby.

The kid was cute, though, Wendy knew for a fact it was not worth the arguments to get within ten feet of the child considering how much both the older League siblings hated her. Well, she didn't know if the Hufflepuff was capable of negative emotions and David hated pretty much everyone and all Slytherins on principle-or should Wendy say most. She opened the potions book she carried and glanced down at the moving photograph from that day of the museum where David was awfully close to some blonde Slytherin girl in his year. It was clear that the girl-Sapphire was her name- was flustered by it and the Ravenclaw was too wrapped up in himself and his sister to really notice the blush the Slytherin had. Sure, David was obviously innocent looking in the photograph, but Slytherins weren't known for their innocence. Which was why Wendy knew exactly the point of Jane's 'invitation present' to David's Gryffindor girlfriend that she had in a box in her purse.

Wendy was going to be amused when the Ravenclaw saw it though as it was fairly obvious to someone who knew that everything-down to color of clothing choices-meant something with the Avery Clan. Sure the invitation was a necessity at this point-after all David would eventually inherit-it really wasn't a question, it just sounded nicer to present it as a choice. But, Wendy couldn't help but agree that Leo wasn't exactly the type to fit in with the old family values and Jane Avery had at least met the Slytherin girl. Genuine pearls like most of the Avery jewelry featured-but the sapphire stones were an obvious pick. If Leo didn't notice the point the fairly expensive gift made David would. The Averys tolerated Leo for the moment-but approve, that would be a hard thing to do. Wendy glanced over to the Avery matriarch who greeted her daughter Cara with a smile and said, "Oh, so my least favorite son-in-law is pulling his typical disappearing act?"

"Not exactly," Cara answered with a nod to her mother. "My husband does have a medical clinic to run and surgery to perform regularly. I'm taking a half day off for the moment. We have a nanny arranged for the afternoon."

"Medical clinic? Muggle medicine," Jane chuckled, "and, he doesn't even do useful muggle medical procedures-all he does is make people look 'pretty'. Pathetic. Good breeding would have cured most problems in looks."

Cara narrowed her eyes at her mother and said, "What do you care? It pays well enough. And, it is a respectable business. And, no, I'm not quitting work before you ask." She turned her attention to her children and said, "I trust you two will stay out of trouble again? And, I'm not even going to bother reminding you about the OWLs..." She added raising a brow at David.

"I was prepared for them over a year ago," David said lifting up Leah in the air and then handing her back to Cara. Cara nodded briefly, taking her youngest daughter, and then said, ruffling Cathy's blonde hair, "I'm going to head out then. Your grandmother can stay with you until the train is here."

"Brilliant," David muttered under his breath as Cara nodded to her mother and then headed back out of the gate onto the muggle side of the platform. She no doubt had taken a cab to get there instead of magic so she was likely to take a cab back home too. He sighed and said, "I think we'll be fine if you want to head home and do whatever it is you do."

Jane Avery chuckled, "I do a great deal of things in support of the family as you would know if you pay attention. Speaking of which I thought I should offer a formal invitation to that Gryffindor you are dating. Has it been a year already?" She chuckled and held out the black jewlery box with a letter inviting Leo to come to the Avery Manor during the winter or summer holidays next year along with a bracelet. "You can look if you want. It is harmless. Think of it as a token of good faith and affection towards the girl as obviously you fancy her."

Cathy raised a brow as David took the box and opened it to see the sealed envelope and then saw the pearl bracelet with the sapphire flowers. "She won't accept something this expensive," He said recovering a moment after noticing the sapphires-it wasn't exactly subtle and it wasn't like David hadn't known she had taken a liking to the very person David planned to spend the whole year and more avoiding since she kissed him in the British Museum. Sapphire Snow told him she didn't plan to play fair but his grandmother was pointing out a very obvious preference. Yes, the pearls were something every Avery woman wore-in some form or another. His mother had inherited a family wedding ring of a pearl. His sister wore her pearl earrings. He was fairly sure Wendy's bracelet was the same general theme. And maybe it was because Tinworth was a coastal town the family picked up a preference for pearls, but the accent stones to the pearls were an obvious choice.

Jane raised a brow, "Oh? Does she think she is too good to accept a token of affection from a doting grandmother?"

David took a deep breath and shut the box and let out a long sigh, "Most people don't give genuine pearls to someone they have never met."

"Like I said an invitation, no strings attached," Jane said with a smile. "Besides, I figured the sapphires are pretty and you are a Ravenclaw so the blue on the piece is a classy way to show support and house alliances, yes?" Jane added with a smile. "I couldn't exactly give her something with a green stone accent, yes? And, diamonds tend to be a fairly cold stone. Sapphires are pretty. It was fun to pick out. You have the family's full support after all."

David sighed looking at the box like he had been handed a live snake, "Is that all? I mean, Wendy was here last year so she should have friends to catch up with and the same is for my sister. Waiting here at a train station seems not to be your style."

"I did for all of my children and I attended Hogwarts," Jane chuckled with a polite nod, "but of course. Children should be given some freedom to explore the world without someone constantly looking over their shoulder. It is how they grow of course." Smiling the woman apparated away and Cathy raised a brow at David and said, "Do I even want to know?"

Wendy smiled and handed the photograph over to Cathy of David, Sapphire, and Leah, "Isn't it amazing how much more of a story magically developed photographs tell. I know you like talking to the paintings for example so you appreciate magical art."

Cathy looked at the photograph and then glanced at David and the box, "Not a big deal unless there's more to it than just the photograph. You aren't getting involved are you, Miss Chaisty?"

Wendy shrugged, "No. Not my concern. Everyone deserves a pinch of privacy. I figure I'll just marry into a respectable family and support the Averys in that regard. You can keep the photograph even."

Cathy nodded, "Yes, well it is always best to be concerned about what makes you happy just as much as others." Wendy nodded and said, "Takes less muscles to smile, right, cousin? Anyways, I'm going to go find a quiet place to read. See you two around." She curtsied briefly and disappeared into the crowd.

<>

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games