Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:56 pm
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  I thought my demons were my friends
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

Dцґм₴тґaиg Alцмиї |ᛏ| Hёїя |ᛏ| Pцяёвlооd

════════════════════════

Roald slipped into the noisy streets of the alley, having paid his sister his tab and following after the blond boy that just escaped into the cacophony of the crowd. Blue eyes looked around, his gaze travelling until it met the flaxen-haired youth he was trailing. It was impossible. He never sired any children, and yet, Frey seemed to think it was possible that he had. Which of course meant that he had to find out the truth. He followed the young teen quietly, his eyes never leaving his target. He had to make sure. If this was a simple street urchin that bore no history to any of his old trysts, then it would be done, However, there was the chance that he had borne a son with one, and now he had to find out who it was. He passed the shops and people around him with ease, knowing very well that he would be ignored. After all, he was good at passing unseen when he wished to be.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Who is that child?
                                                  OOC:

Since I was young
                                                  I tasted sorrow on my tongue
                                                  And this sweet chocolate gun does not protect me

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:54 pm
Ever since I was eight or nine
I've been standing on the shoreline
Always waiting
For something lasting
Lose your hunger, you lose your way
Get confused and you fade away
This town kills you when you are young
I'm not the boy I used to be

User Image
Eleazar Draven Bradley
- Unknown Blood - Ravenclaw - Third Year -
[feeling: uneasy] [thinking: ...] [with: crowds] [at: Streets of Diagon Alley]

Eleazar shoved his hands in his pockets and kept his shaggy head of blonde hair down as he walked. He weaved his way around people, walking fast but not too fast. There was a strange feeling or urgency in the pit of his stomach, almost as if he was late for something or needed to get somewhere, now. He couldn't explain it. He stepped over a broken cobblestone and tried to relax. He felt at home here, in a crowd, surrounded by noise and motion. He didn't necessarily like being surrounded by people, but it was familiar to him. It felt natural, and when he wasn't hemmed in by a chair and table it was better. He could do whatever he wanted. But he still felt uncomfortable, like the beginnings of a stomach ache, and he slowed his pace a little. He debated inside his head, and then glanced back over his shoulder. All he saw was crowds, and one face blurred into another. He stared for a moment longer, until he started to get funny looks, and then turned back around and kept walking. He couldn't decide what shop he wanted to go in first, and he couldn't think straight with this strange unease.
People don't get better. They just get smarter.

Diamond Wales

This town has got the youth of me
All eyes turn hollow
From the work of sorrow
Standing on the paving
By the office building
They've got so much to do
Never time for you
We are shadows

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

ChompIified

O.G. Fatcat

8,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:50 pm
          User Image
          User Image

Danielle stepped into the streets of Diagon Alley for the first time in long time. Few years have passed since she's had any contact with magic and now here she was back again to where it all started. It was just as overwhelmingly busy as when she first visited here when she was 11 years old. Parents getting dragged into stores by their excited children, their arms just about ready to pop. Kids were gathering around a window to look at the latest Nimbus, it reminded Danielle of how muggles would line up for ages for the new iPhone. She chuckled to herself and shook her head before realizing how creepy it would seem if someone saw her just laughing out of nowhere.

She finally started making her way towards the crowd, avoiding bumping into people.
          "Sorry... Excuse me.. Oh! Sorry." She exclaimed as she squeezed through couple of people. She had no idea where she was going yet she trudged on, taking notes of places. Seeing familiar places such as Ollivander's would always bring back memories. She stopped for a bit to catch her breath and looked around to see where she had ended up. Her brows knitted together, her face contorted into a confused look. Wait a second, wasn't I just here 10 mins ago? She thought to herself. Her sense of direction really isn't something she would pride in.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:29 pm
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Roald followed silently, his eyes never leaving the blond he was targeting. The kid seemed to be uneasy, pausing once or twice to look around like something was wrong. Roald couldn't help himself. He smiled darkly at the image. Was the boy uneasy? Could he sense Roald at all? The thought intrigued him, and the Norwegian squeezed past a couple of shoppers and blinked. The blond was gone. Eyes narrowed, he scanned the crowd, and noticed a flicker of the golden hair turn a corner. Ah, there he was. He followed briskly now, ignoring everyone around him before he got to the entrance to the alley. It seemed secluded, and Roald smirked. Casting a quick muffliato, he stepped into the alley and stalked forward, realizing that his prey was trapped. "Well now, seems like you have gotten turned around. Need any help here?" He was confident the boy could go nowhere. After all, Roald, while he had not planned it that way, was nevertheless thorough in how he took advantage of a situation.

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

Since I was young

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:50 pm
Always waiting
For something lasting

User Image
Eleazar Draven Bradley
[feeling: uneasy] [thinking: ...] [with: Roald] [at: Streets of Diagon Alley (alleyway)]

Eleazar suddenly made a decision and turned sharply, darting around a corner. Maybe he could lose whoever was on his trail, if there was someone on his trail... He wished someone else was with him. Preferably Toby, who was big enough to actually beat someone up now, or even Uriel, who always knew what to do, as much as Eleazar hated to admit it. As soon as he heard the footsteps behind him, his heart dropped into his stomach and he turned around slowly. This was not good, not good, not good... His eyes darted this way and that, looking for an escape route. He was in a dead end. Of course. He should have ran into a shop. The man, who he was examining now, was tall and blond and threatening, but not in the thuggish brute way. Eleazar concluded that this was not an attempted mugging. Oh great, maybe this was an attempted murder. Lovely. He tried to listen to what said perhaps-a-murderer was saying over the frantic rush of blood in his ears. He needed to calm down. He'd been in dangerous situations before. He was smart. He was smarter than most thirteen year old boys. He also liked living. "Can't say I do," he said in the most emotionless, un-quavering voice he could muster up. He straightened up, finally, unslouching. He wasn't that sort, and he wasn't as frail-looking as he'd been as a kid. His edges had sharpened. He could still throw a punch, and he'd read up on some hexes... "What do you want?" he asked slowly, hand curling around his wand in his pocket. he wasn't going to take it out yet, in case it incited action on the man's part. "Unless you're the one who needs help. Need directions?" His voice pitched up a little, and it could be contrived as mocking. He didn't know. He also didn't know why he was so angry that he was so scared. He thought he was done being afraid of things, done being a sniveling little boy who thought there were monsters under his bed. His own little sister was braver than him. Thea fought monsters, even if they were mostly imaginary. They were real to her. He'd only ever run away from them.

Diamond Wales

((private scene, please do not interrupt))

All eyes turn hollow
From the work of sorrow
Standing on the paving
By the office building
Never time for you
We are shadows

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:35 pm
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Roald watched the boy, his fear almost palpable, but he did well enough in trying to conceal it. The tall man smirked, his blue eyes twinkling as he considered the teen before him. Oh yes, it could be his, but if he was, he had to learn his place. Roald had to, and he was much the better for it. When he responded, Roald felt the corners of his mouth twitch upward into a near-smile, and he leaned in a bit. "I believe I am here for you." He smirked, knowing the expression was either going to be surprise or horror. He really enjoyed this bit. "Tell me, your mother, she was someone that seemed ill-suited for motherhood, correct? Someone that seemed to care more about herself. Well, I believe that I may have had a dalliance with her, and you were the result. You could try to deny it, but the evidence is written across your face. I don't see anything of Eden in you, but everything of a proper Bjelke instead."

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC: Private scene, do not interrupt.

Since I was young

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:00 pm
Always waiting
For something lasting

User Image
Eleazar Draven Bradley
[feeling: uneasy] [thinking: ...] [with: Roald] [at: Streets of Diagon Alley (alleyway)]

Eleazar didn't like the way the man's eyes were twinkling. He grimaced and would have taken a step back if he had anywhere to go. But he didn't, so he stayed where he was and stared back at the man. "You're here for me." he echoed in a voice of complete skepticism tinged with a good helping of condescending disbelief that he really couldn't help right now. The moment his mother was mentioned he went rigid. Who was he to try and guess as to what his mother had been like? The man was right, of course. If he hadn't been right Eleazar wouldn't have been so offended. Eden Bradley had always had one person on her mind: herself, and while Eleazar had never exactly been able to blame her, he hadn't liked the woman who gave birth to him much either. Actually, he was nearly certain she'd been reported for neglect when he and Thea were adopted, but doubted anything had happened to her. She might not even be in the country anymore. "A dalliance?" he could have laughed, and it came out in a hard, coarse half laugh instead. "You think you shagged my mum and got her pregnant?" Eleazar would have liked to have a big "nooooo" moment, but it was pretty obvious from the fact that this creep knew her name. He was right. Eleazar looked almost nothing like his mother, while Thea looked very similar to her. And of course he had to have had a father out there, somewhere. He'd just never imagined his father would stalk him into an alleyway. It wasn't very heartwarming; more along the lines of chilling. "I'm not a proper Bjelke," he spat, because that was all he could do other than feel sick- besides, what sort of name was Eleazar Bjelke? "My last name is Bradley. I've got no relation to you other than the fact that you knocked up my mum. And she sure as hell has piss poor taste." he said coldly. Like this was in any way going to end well for him. He wasn't that naive to assume that.

Diamond Wales

All eyes turn hollow
From the work of sorrow
Standing on the paving
By the office building
Never time for you
We are shadows

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:22 pm
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Roald listened to the boy's condemnation of the simple truth, and he basically admitted that he was Roald's son. Roald couldn't help but nearly laugh as he heard the boy admit that his mum had poor tastes in men. Roald would never deny he would probably be the worst person that could father a child. However, that didn't mean that he could ignore the lessons beaten into him when he was a child. Uphold the family honor. Ensure the survival of the family. Do what was proper and right, and do nothing to tarnish the family name. This boy knew nothing of any of it, and Roald would have to teach him whether the boy wished it or not. Cocking an eyebrow, the older male tilted his head to the side and observed him. "Oh no, you are not a proper Bjelke. Not yet. That comes with time, and training. Certainly your attitude will have to be improved upon. Especially considering the rather obvious lack of respect you have for me. And you should be grateful. You were born into a privileged, ancient pureblood family, and are not some sniveling disgusting skitne blod. I would say for you, this must be an improvement."

He studied the boy, thinking of how he could establish what needed to be done. The attitude would have to go. He would have to definitely eliminate any ties to those unworthy of his presence. Certainly he would need to be taught what was proper for a young wizard. But all of it rested on the fact that the boy needed to cooperate. If he didn't, it would go very badly very quickly. "What is your name, forbryter? Or should I make you earn a name, hrm?"

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC: Private scene, do not interrupt.

Since I was young

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:24 pm
Always waiting
For something lasting

User Image
Eleazar Draven Bradley

Eleazar was furious and nauseous at the same time, if that was possible. His wand was still in his pocket with his hand gripping it, and there it stayed. There was little he would be able to do against an adult wizard, he knew. And if Eleazar hexed him, what might he do in retaliation? What disturbed him the most was the way the man tilted his head to the side. Eleazar did the same thing, when he was trying to figure something out. It almost warranted a shudder, but he refused. This man- Bjelke- wanted him afraid. He was afraid, but he felt like showing it would just worsen the fear. Time and training? What delusional world did Bjelke live in? "I think my attitude is very appropriate, given the circumstances. And as for my lack of respect- you've done nothing to earn it. Did you think I'd be scraping at your feet because I have some of your genes?"The hand that was not in his pocket was momentarily a fist. "I have a family. I don't need yours." he ground out. Eleazar made himself listen to what was being said, though, since he was always a good listeners. He heard clues. Bjelke was certainly not a British surname. And the man had spoken twice in a different language now. Eleazar didn't know it. Something Scandinavian, maybe? "You haven't given me your first name, as proud as you seem to be of your last one. Is that what happened to you?" he asked simply. "Someone made you earn a name? Like a dog? Family tradition?" He wasn't giving his name. It was his name. He wasn't giving it out. Bjelke knew enough about him; he didn't need a name, too. He was being studied like an insect under a microscope. It was extremely dehumanizing and it made him want to scream. But even if he did, who was going to hear him?

Diamond Wales

All eyes turn hollow
From the work of sorrow
Standing on the paving
By the office building
Never time for you
We are shadows

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

___𝑳 𝑶 𝑼 𝑰 𝑺 _ 𝑀 𝐴 𝑈 𝑅 𝐼 𝐶 𝐼 𝑂 _ 𝑨 𝑫 𝑫 𝑨 𝑹 𝑰 𝑶
                  ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
                  ___________𝓽 𝓮 𝓷_𝔂 𝓮 𝓪 𝓻 𝓼_𝓸 𝓵 𝓭,_𝓹 𝓾 𝓻 𝓮 𝓫 𝓵 𝓸 𝓸 𝓭

[OOC: Free for interaction! =) P.S. Let me know if I did anything wrong!]

██

"What about the quidditch shop? Can I get a broom? Do ye' think they sell snitches? I want one.” The haughty young boy stuck up his nose as he dared to dream. Dirty blond hair strewn in messy waves while bright baby blues whirled around in a slow storm. He'd never been to Diagon Alley, it was plain as day to see to any who looked down on him. With bright, wide eyes, a gaping mouth and an eager bounce in his step that made him look like a lopsided bunny more than anything else. Louis, or, Louie, as he'd taken to recently, had been anxiously awaiting his school letter for weeks now, even more so than the winter holidays and the new year combined. He need only wait for March, and then the infamous owl would come soaring through his window like the knight of his dreams encased in feathered armor equipped with a miniature sword! (Or would it technically be a dagger?) Either way! He had bizarre dreams.

”Ha! You're kidding right? You know your mom told us not to let you fly. Besides, I'm pretty sure she said something about first years not allowed to even have a broom.” The relaxed, undignified response from his cousin, Leonardo, though more affectionately called, Leon, had followed along behind him. He arguably looked nothing like the rest of the Addario family; Leon had a bronze complexion and dark hair and eyes, taking after his mother instead of the fair skin and blue eyes like the rest of them. But, it was a relief that Leon, and only Leon, had decidedly agreed to an early shopping spree for school supplies. Lucy was just... weird. Even Leon seemed to agree, if Louie tried hard enough to ask about it. Something about 'an emo phase she never broke out of.' Whatever the bloody hell that meant. Louie's cousins were Americans', and halfbloods', at that, so he could only imagine how different their two worlds must be. ”I don't know why you even wanted to go school shopping.” Leon told him. ”This place is going to be packed with Christmas, and gifts, not crap for school, and you can't even get your wand so you'll have to come back later anyw-OW! Did you just step on me?!”

”C'mooon mate, you're falling behind!” Louie had run up ahead just in time to avoid a swift backhand across the top of his head. Leon wasn't afraid to whack him a time or two. Honestly, the first time it happened, Louie had been so surprised by it, he screamed. Then, he cried. Of course, his mother and father were already gone on their bloody cruise (still can't believe they left without him!) He had no one to run too! When he told Lucy, all she did was laugh in his face and say 'well punch him if he smacks you, your boys' not girls'!' He didn't run to her much after that. ”And I can still get books, and quills—“

”Quills, seriously?” Leon cut him off.

”Of course! What would you use?”

”Um... a laptop.”

”...You know electricity doesn't work in Hogwarts... Don't you?” Louie replied dryly.

”Le gasp! The horror! How do you survive?” The twenty year old burst out laughing, shook his head and ran his fingers over his short, buzzcut hair.

”Oi! Shut up! Now c'mon, I need quills, ink, scrolls of parchment, wax, and, oh, journals. Then, a cauldron, and, some bloody vials and such, and, oh, I can get the textbooks too.”

”I hate you...” Leon muttered under his breath.

”What?”

”Nothing! Let's go!”

The Beast and Harlot

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:41 pm
DEAR PRUDENCE, WON'T YOU COME OUT TO PLAY?
DEAR PRUDENCE, GREET THE BRAND NEW DAY!
THE SUN IS UP, THE SKY IS BLUE...
IT'S BEAUTIFUL, AND SO ARE YOU.
DEAR PRUDENCE, WON'T YOU OPEN UP YOUR EYES?
DEAR PRUDENCE, SEE THE SUNNY SKIES?
THE WIND IS LOW, THE BIRDS WILL SING...
THAT YOU ARE PART OF EVERYTHING.

User Image
prudence lowery
10 years old
pureblood

company- Leonardo and Louis
location- Streets of Diagon Alley
thinking- Way to be a roadblock, Prude...
wearing- n/a

Pru identified the tight feeling in her stomach as one of anticipation. Christmas was coming, and with her eleventh birthday and eleven was a big freaking deal! Eleven meant her letter, which she knew she'd get, if only because she'd been showing signs of magic for what seemed like forever, and eleven meant that in around eight months she'd be leaving for Hogwarts, finally joining her brothers. Being the youngest and the only girl was hard enough without be left out of some grand adventure too. Jar was a Hufflepuff, like their dad had been, but Adge was a Gryffindor, like their mum. Pru would like nothing better than to be in the house her father had been in, but she wasn't sure her personality exactly suited Hufflepuff... and besides, Gryffindor like her Mum wouldn't be so bad either. So long as she wasn't in Ravenclaw or Slytherin. She wouldn't fit in at all in Ravenclaw and Slytherin would drive her mad, she was sure of it.

It was with those firm thoughts in mind that she ventured out of her mother;s shop and into the cold streets of Diagon Alley. She was old enough to wander around by herself, after all, and it wasn't as if she was headed to Knockturn, anyways! After hours in a warm shop, though, the cold caught her by surprise. It wasn't frigid enough that it was the sort of chill that stung your skin or made your bones ache, but it was overcast and looked and felt like it could snow. Not quite ice yet, but there was certainly slick frost on the cobblestones. She was reminded how slick it was when her feet shot out from under her as she navigated the busy streets full of holiday shoppers, and landed flat on her bum, then narrowly avoided her head smashing hitting the ground as well. "Ow-wwwww," she groaned, gritting her teeth and blinking hard. No crying just days before her eleventh birthday. She was too old for that. She realized she'd landed right in front of people, which was inevitable, as the street was full of them, and looked up to see a man- though a youngish man at that, not nearly as old her uncles or her mother's boyfriend? Manfriend? Whichever it was, he was old but that was besides the point. There was a boy as well, who looked to be around her age-ish, or maybe a little older.

She scrambled to her feet, reddening at being a roadblock. "Sorry," she apologized seriously with a slight smile, probably more seriously than she needed to, but she always took apologies seriously if she was the one making them. It was a sign of good character. "I slipped and fell." But oh no, she didn't stop there. With a quick glance between the two males, she guessed, "Christmas shopping? I didn't mean to hold you up, anyways.."

dear prudence, won't you come out and play?

The Beast and Harlot

LOOK AROUND, ROUND AND ROUND!
DEAR PRUDENCE, LET ME SEE YOU SMILE.
THE CLOUDS WILL BE A DAISY CHAIN...
SO LET ME SEE YOU SMILE AGAIN.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:02 pm

██

Louie had the inkiest feeling that his cousin's mutterings were a little less than pleasant, but he frowned and kept the thought to himself. Now wasn't the time to go picking fights, anyway, not when the older bloke happened to be in charge of all the money. He shoved his hands in his dark overcoat, a frigid gust of wind whistled in his ears and he had to turn away so it wouldn't chaff his nose or sting his eyes. ”So Scribbulus or Potage's?”

”Who or what's?” Leon's face blanked as he adjusted the scarf around his neck.

”The quill shop or the cauldron's, blimey, can't you read?” Louis realized then that his cousin obviously wasn't paying attention to him, much less the signs of the shoppes. And he still wasn't paying attention, too! Louie did all he could not to huff and puff and blow the bloody American down with a swift kick to the groin—until he realized what it was that had made Leon quirk a brow and stop and stare. A girl his age was sprawled out on the cold street and flustered as red as a ketchup Bertie Botts bean. ”What happened?” He asked automatically, not even bothering to try and deduce what had happened. His brain was much too preoccupied to even try. But almost immediately, she explained. And rather bluntly, too. ”Oh.”

”Tch, not exactly,” Leon, in all his infinite wisdom (and American accent,) glanced down at his younger cousin with a wolfish grin as he replied. ”My nerdy little cousin here just couldn't wait to go school shopping—“

”Shut up Leon,” he growled under his breath and turned to give his cousin a swift punch in the arm. Not hard, but it wasn't really playful either, more like a girly slap done by a closed fist. ”We're doing Christmas shopping, too. What about you?” He blatantly lied, but really, what bloody choice did Leon give him? He resisted the urge to glare and instead turned to face the brunette girl directly. ”I'm Louie, that's Leon...”

”...Do you have an older sister?” All seriousness had overtaken his cousins' face, and Louie nearly kicked him for that.

”Really, Leon?” Louie rolled his eyes.

”Fine, next time you come here, you can bring Lucy.”

”...s**t...”

The Forgotten Weasley

The Beast and Harlot

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:51 pm

User Image
prudence lowery
10 years old
pureblood

company- Leon and Louie
wearing- n/a

Pru was taken aback for a few moments by the American accent from the older one- Leon, if that was his name and not some strange insult the younger blond one had come up with. Wasn't it a bit early to be school shopping? Had he just gotten his letter? Most people went shopping for supplies in the summer... were they hoping to take advantage of any Christmas sales? "It's not nerdy," she said automatically, to be nice- it did sound a little overeager, was the word for it, but it wasn't as if she was so calm and collected about the whole "going to Hogwarts come September" thing either. Her heart thudded more just thinking about it. Going away to school was like a rite of passage or something!

She remembered to listen, in between her rambling thoughts, and it sunk in that these two were cousins, not brothers like she might originally have guessed. It would certainly explain one having an accent and the other not. Louie and Leon. That was sort of- cute, the way they had names that started with the same letter. Though she might not think it as cute if her cousins all had P names, she supposed. Prudence. It was not a name you could carry lightly.

"Do I have an-," Pru's brow wrinkled, and she looked up at Leon quizzically. "What's that mean? I have two older brothers. No sisters. Oh. Oh! No, I don't know any girls your age," she informed him kindly. Poor thing. Asking ten year olds if they had any older sisters. Wait. Had that been a joke? Boys were so mean! If that had been a joke- Grr. A strange host of expressions flitted across her face, as she answered Louie's original question. "Is Lucy another cousin of yours? My mum has a shop here. The Magical Menagerie, if you're looking for a pet," she added helpfully. And then with some pride, "I know almost all the shops around here." What? It was true! She'd practically grown up in Diagon Alley.

The Beast and Harlot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:39 pm

██

Louie's admonishment was masqueraded by the fluctuated levels of annoyance he every so often unleashed in a glare of sorts through the corner of his eye at his cousin. He had hardly expected her to defend him, if it could really be called that. But it made him feel better, anyway. He bit his tongue, jagged teeth angrily chewed on the pink muscle until it deformed like a piece of gum. He didn't like all of this 'humility,' or whatever the bloody hell Leon had called it. It was pointless, anyway. Louie rubbed the back of his neck. He never thought he'd be so stressed as a ten year old, and it felt like the tension was working knots into his back. He just missed his mum. Why did they have go to on such a long vacation? ”Thank you,” he pointed out boldly, gave Leon a narrowed look but cropped on a smile just for—what the hell is her name anyway?

”Pffft,” Leon just shook his head. Louie could tell it was taking everything in the older bloke not to roll his eyes and curse under his breath. He was a little surprised that he hadn't, honestly. When she began to answer his questions, Leon seemed a bit deflated as he sighed and his shoulders slumped low. ”Damn,” he frowned and snapped his fingers together in defeat.

Louie could help but shake his head. Was this seriously the only reason why his older cousin have even came? To hunt down an easy shag?! He huffed and pursed his lips. Well, ha! Looks like his mission for the day had failed. Nothing could have amused Louie more. ”Hm.. yeah,” he glanced upwards to the left as he, not-quite-very-fondly, thought of his eldest cousin, Lucy. ”She is, and she's a bloody weird one too.” For a second, he thought Leon was going to retort, but instead, he kind of hummed amiably and nodded his head. It was the truth, at least. ”A pet shop? Wicked. I already have an owl, but I really want a get a crup next year.” He quirked up at that, tried to ignore the fact the he had no idea what a menagaline, or whatever she said, even meant. ”You do? You think you could help us? I'm not really sure where half the shoppes are, or what's what, really. I guess I never really paid attention.” He realized with the shrug of his shoulder. It wasn't like it was his first time in Diagon Alley, it probably was for Leon, but not Louie. His mother made it a habit to drag him along, and even though he bemoaned and whined about it with every breath, he loved every moment of it. But the shops themselves had never really interested him before.

”Well you don't really need me for this, do you Louie?”

”Not really mate...” He admitted slowly, almost scared his over eagerness would bite him in the a**. When Leon didn't realize the pause was more than just an awkward stare, he quickly added. ”—but I do need the money.”

”Oh! Right, right.” He fumbled through his jean pockets, then his hoodie until he found the heavy velvet coin purse embroidered with a golden L. M. A. monogrammed insignia. ”Here, this is what your dad gave me, if anything happens, call my cell.”

”Bloody hell-- how many times do I have to tell you, your phone won't work out here. Just... Don't get lost.” Louie waved his right hand irritably to try and rid himself of the leech that was becoming his cousin while he pocketed the coin purse with the left.

”Fine whatever, owl me.” He waved his hands in exaggeration, rolled his eyes and strolled down the cobble stone streets. He hadn't even gone several steps before he checked the mobile phone in his pocket, frowned at it, and shoved it back in.

”Sorry about him... I guess, me too, since you didn't even really agree yet... You don't have to, I can go on my own, too.” He offered, and shoved his hands deeper in his coat pockets. ”I don't even know your name yet, either.”

The Forgotten Weasley

Addario Family Profile

With: Prudence Lowery

When: Winter Holidays

Doing: Introductions on Diagon Alley

OOC Notes:

The Beast and Harlot

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:27 pm

User Image
prudence lowery
10 years old
pureblood

company- Leon and Louie
wearing- n/a

Pru tilted her head slightly to one side thoughtfully, trying to remember if she'd seen a crup before in the Menagerie. She couldn't remember, either way. "I have a pig," she commented. "Well, a little one. He's named Dragon. But I don't think they'll let me bring him to Hogwarts," she said regretfully. Poor Dragon, he'd miss her, she was sure. She didn't see why he couldn't come. He was very clean and he was only the size of a small cat. She wondered in the back of her mind what made Louie's cousin Lucy so weird, but her cousins could be sort of weird, too. Maybe they got it from her uncles. But they were weird in a good way! Besides, they still gave her candy, so she wasn't complaining.

"Yeah," she nodded eagerly. "I can help you, if you want." She didn't have anything else to do, she didn't have a ready host of friends to go hang out with, and it everyone here was out of their minds with Christmas fever. It made people go wacko, sometimes. She didn't envy anyone trying to find presents last minute right now. It was a good thing she wasn't an adult, she reckoned. She didn't really have to buy presents for anyone- she was still at an age where handmade cards were acceptable. She'd be bored out of her mind just wandering around alone, and in this crowd, it was sort of helpful to have someone else with you. Just in case someone tried to pick your pocket when you weren't looking. Pru obviously didn't have a wand yet, but she had a very loud voice (as other people were willing to vouch) and she had fists.

She muffled a laugh with a cold hand- mittens were for babies, anyways, and she'd left her gloves in the shop- at Leon's mention of calling a cell. Pru had only ever seen a cell phone, never mind used one. She didn't even have a television. The plight of growing up in an all magical family. She waved goodbye to the older male as he strolled off, chewing her lower lip to keep from grinning as he seemed to look all his cell phone and then shove it back in his pocket. "It's alright," she said lightly. "S'not like I've got anything else to do." Though she was sure if she went back in the shop, her mother would find something for her to do, which was a really good reason not to go back in there. "It's Prudence," she supplied warily, because the reactions to her name were always interesting, to say the least. "But I'm just Pru. Anyways," she changed the subject at the speed of light, "What do you wanna get first? There's Scribulus, they've got quills and ink and parchment and the like, and of course there's Flourish and Blotts, they've got all sorts of books and magazines, and Potage's is all just cauldrons, and of course Madam Malkin's for robes..." She trailed off and looked at him expectantly.

The Beast and Harlot

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games