Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:40 pm

It seemed that Someday My Prince Will Come was ready to come out of the egg. With a strong tap, the baby spilled out onto the sands, a brilliantly colored blue. Oh, hello everyone! the baby said, and then took note that... hmm, their ranks seemed to have thinned a bit.

One, two... three... four...

Oh dear, he'd lost count. ... Five? Six... Seven...

There were so many! But where was His?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:46 pm
Oh, sweet Faranth.

Calla had been counting -- really, she had -- when suddenly the number of dragonets on the Sands doubled. Her eyes barely had time to register one before more popped up. Twin bronzes? How lovely. A smattering of browns and lovely blues. And then, with a breath of surprise, a second gold. What would her father say to see all this? His absence in her life had always left her with questions, and these questions were what she sought to answer on this journey to the Weyr, to these Sands, consequences be damned.

Her eyes moved smoothly from dragonet to dragonet, with a certain sense of awe and purpose descending more fiercely around her in a mental mantle. This hatching was legendary, wasn't it? And here she was, Calla, a part of it all. She only hoped that her story would be one worth telling; no one told tales of the ones who never Impressed.  

Akina Tokuwa

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:49 pm
W'ill and Brown Faloth
W'ill exited the Hatching Ground with Faloth bounding and dancing beside him. His hand was on the baby dragon's neck, and as he walked he kept glancing down at his bonded, a big goofy smile on his face. This was his dragon! His!

It's so exciting, isn't it, W'illMine? Faloth cheeped happily. I mean, we're together, and it's SO COOL-- ooooh, I smell meat! I'm very hungry suddenly!

"I'll get you fed -- here, this is a good spot." Almost as soon as W'ill sat down among the other newly-Impressed Weyrlings, little Faloth crawled into his lap, creeling for food. Grabbing a bucket of meat, he cut a piece in half and fed the halves to the hungry dragonet. "Hey, not so fast, you don't want a belly ache!" W'ill looked around at the others who were also busily feeding their babies and grinned. He still couldn't believe he was actually HERE.

A girl with a tiny white dragonet approached the table and introduced herself as Soui from Western Weyr. "Hi,and welcome to High Reaches!" he greeted warmly. "I'm Willim-- I mean W'ill. And this is Faloth. You can sit here and share my bucket if you like!"

houllow
for Soui!

Quote:
ANYONE WHO WANTS TO INTERACT WITH A MANIC BROWN AND HIS BONDED are welcome to! <3

Tokki
Tokki shifted his feet on the hot sands and stifled a yawn. Not that this was boring, oh no, not by any stretch of the imagination! It had just been a very early start to get from Western to High Reaches and he was beginning to feel it. Oh, how he wished for some nice hot fresh klah, harvested from his own klah tree... He grew wistful for a moment for that small cot where he and his Master raised herbs and made numbweed gel. But just for a moment. Here he was trying for something bigger than he was; he couldn't afford to wax nostalgic for his old life.

So many babies!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:51 pm
Finnisa
She clapped when more and more of the babies found their partners, looking on eagerly to see which she knew and which were less familiar. The Western candidates-turned-weyrlings would be in for a time once winter came. She had been too, coming from where she had. Still, if she'd made the swap for her own dragon...which she supposed she had...it would have been (and was) well worth the cold to come.

Meztli
So many still left. How were there so many still left? It felt like they'd been there on the sands for hours, but there were still, what? Ten, twenty, more left to go? They shifted on their feet, swaying one foot to the next to relieve the heat and pressure of having been standing for so long. Maybe, the next time there was a double batch, they would suggest someone supplying seats for the poor candidates!

Zelaya
One after the next the babies paired off. They clapped for them all, a keen light in their eyes to see the bond forming, the future of the Weyr promised in these new weyrlings. They were the pride of the Weyr, and therefore the pride of their heart. Their only regret so far was that they'd yet to be chosen. But...then again...they didn't have to impress right out the gate. Z'tir would understand—it was natural to be left once or twice, right? If the right one was not there, then it was not there for them, right?

Theo
High above, Theo let out a cheer as eggs exploded across the sands. "Twins! Look, Sylife! Aren't they lovely? He leaned forward in his seat, desk rattling and hands shifting to blindly grip at it, keep the contents from toppling. "I've not brought nearly enough parchment...but...I can't seem to find the heart to care...! It's so wonderful! Oh...to be down there...!" He couldn't imagine it even, the excitement. The wonder. But he could dream, and he could sigh and he could write and remember it.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:51 pm

... Eight... nine...

Ten... eleven...

Twelve.

... Did numbers go higher than twelve?

Excuse me, I seem to have lost count. Could someone help me? I don't know how to do more than twelve.

He was only a little baby, after all. Maybe His knew twelve one?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:52 pm
YURASTAR

And then suddenly it was babymageddon with dragonets EVERYWHERE and while Yurastar had originally thought the clutch was huge he had no idea. Not even a single remote idea.

Twins?! Lots and lots of browns and bronzes and he just - he couldn't believe his eyes. This was a moment for the history books for sure and he was so lucky to be here. Part of him really wished Aryale was with him though, there so he could hold her hand for what might have been the last time between them. Or, maybe when he got home, he'd hug her anyway and tell her the story.

There was even a gold! ANOTHER GOLD!

----------------

HAVELI

Her jaw dropped open before she could control herself, though Haveli managed to snap it back just as quickly. There were babies beyond her imagination now, in a massive variety of colors, including a little gold.

Her chance to remain with Arlie was possibly out on those sands and for the first time since she walked out, Haveli was hoping one of them would look at her.

She could not leave her sister behind.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:54 pm
Siv

TWINS?!

No, Siv knew she'd never Impress a Bronze, but THIS was some GOOD DATA-- and another gold!

Siv lit up like a light, straightening despite her injury like a tree-- or maybe her father when he was preparing to showe something off to people, and the half-awake giving-in-to-sleepiness-and-hunger teen was on point, watching the new metallics with keen, attentive eyes to study their behaviour, posture shifting faintly to a slightly more regal pose to observe. She was poor, but this was EXCELLENT for studying dcragons, and nobody was stopping the girl from gathering the data -- nobody and nothing.  
Cavera of blue Aviforth - Impression Post

Being alone was.. something Cavera hadn’t quite truly learned how much she disliked until she had left the Hold. While she was always surrounded by bustling people, her range of people she actually knew was quite limited for how little she had been at High Reaches. With Soui Impressing to the sweetest little white, it had left Cavera a bit lost. Did she try to find someone else to stand with..? Rizdax had gotten hurt, and Soui had Impressed. Perhaps being by herself was for the best.

She’s aware of the little blue stopping in front of her, and the woman blinks almost a bit dumbly as he hops up onto his back feet with the grace she wasn’t even aware a full grown adult could possess, let alone a newly hatched baby -- and spreads his wings out wide. “Very lovely wings you have there. Shouldn’t you go find yours..?” But his feet come to rest on her torso with the lightest of pressure, gentle, soft.

Cavera! My love, my sweet! Why are you still here on the ground! The heat of the sands falls away, the commotion, the cheering of the sands. All she can see is the rainbows of his eyes, feel the light pressure of his delicate feet. Your Aviforth will take you to the skies and back! Tell me, where will we go together? The little blue looks up at her so inquisitively, his eyes whirling bright blues and greens. There is nowhere I will not run to you, and nowhere I will not take you if only you wish it!

Cavera’s breath catches in her throat, as tears instantly swell and fall from her eyes. Aviforth is like a breath of air into her that she’s been without for turns, filling up every corner of her that she thought gone--or didn’t know existed. “Everywhere,” She stammers slightly, her breath hitches. But she means it. “All over Pern. So that we may see the world. But first.. We should get you fed.”

Now, now, my sweet love. Please don’t cry! It is my hatchday and all, only I should be allowed to cry, yes? The blue throws back his head, mouth open in a silent wail -- and Cavera giggles. See! That is the most wonderful of sounds to my ears! Come, food awaits, my love! He hops down with such grace that still astounds Cavera -- but it only seems right. She herself stumbles slightly in the sand, yet finally rights herself as it trades for the firmer ground of the feeding area.

Oh, my dear, lovely family! So good to see you out of those cramped eggs! He near sashays as they walk to find a more open spot at the table, crooning and chirping to his cousins and siblings as he passes. Darling Anakumath, so good to see you -- oh, yours is lovely, Slidrianth, very much approve. Faloth, sweet, hello. Oh, lovely cousin Museth, you look radiant in this morning light -- Eskharath, how’s your back, dear? His rolling comments are stopped as they find a place to sit, and Cavera begins to slice cubes up to feed him.

tatterpixie
Faloth

Tsunake
Slidrianth

demon_pachabel
Anakumath

houllow
Museth

Mr Cheri
Eskaharth

Quote:
Anyone else welcome to come say hi to the chatterbox ;D

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Kinyegele

The little pink egg at the front wiggled and Kinye was immediately all eyes on it. She remembered her little friend. She'd placed a fond hand on it and it had been so kind to her. I'm still watching for you, little friend! she thought to the egg fondly - but of course it was hard to look at any one egg when so many had just burst open, sending babies spilling everywhere.

Like Someday My Prince Will Come. Kinye remembered talking with that little baby too - and it was such a lovely blue! Hello, sweetheart! I remember you! Do you remember me? The gold from Rhianth's clutch had remembered some people after all...and maybe that would take the edge of desperate longing for a meeting like that little green on the beach had given her. That moment of friendship before she'd continued on her way.

She was hoping the candidates would get out of lessons for the rest of the day, though, because a long nap to recover emotionally was sounding good now.

----

Kahbrohm

Kahbrohm gave his brother a firm thwap to the arm when the eggs began to burst all over the sands. "Lots of babies out there. Think we'll see any of them come back here like that green did?" He could see Firebolt sitting contentedly with her chosen candidate now, and pondered if they'd miss all the fun because of people and now so many bodies walking about.

But it was possible that Dehka was still mooning about the green that had burst into the healer's tent.
Tsunake

----

Fahn

"Oh!"

Fahn seemed to vibrate excitedly when the eggs just began bursting all over and - "Oh my lord, how many are there now?" Blues and browns and more bronzes and -

"Another gold!" she nearly slapped Helane and Jeri in her excitement. She didn't think it would be hers, but....

Revel1984

tatterpixie

----

Juhvek

Well now the idea of actually splitting up his eyes to lookk at all of these babies hatching seemed logical since there were so many babies hatching left and right. Who were all of these mysterious babies going to be?

And if he thought about it, he'd make a bet with himself of which of these candidates were going to leave the sands that day.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:56 pm
Aroontwa reacted immediately with a “Thirteen.” Then he wondered why he was telling a voice what twelve plus one was.

Mr Cheri

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

She nodded. Right! Focus on dragons. Nala stood quietly beside Shar. Her eyes roamed over the babies. Just as it seemed things were clearing up and the number of hatchlings were dwindling, a sudden eggsplosion occurred. Several blues, followed by a bronze and brown. More of the few eggs remaining were beginning to shake. Another bronze showed himself.

There was a flare of movement and Nala frowned. She thought she’d seen two eggs, but there was two bronzes and brown. They must have hit another egg? No, there was only two eggshell remains. Wow! Twin dragons! She thought there was another little blue from Friend in Me but wasn’t sure.

Nala gave a soft sigh as a second gold made her appearance. Beautiful. Some girl would be very happy with her. She smiled at a blue as he greeted the candidates. How sweet. After twelve, comes thirteen and fourteen, she helpfully supplied to the blue.

SilverLutz
Shar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:58 pm
And, as soon as Shar thought to the eggs, a veritable wave of babies came rolling and rocking and smashing out of their shells. She watched as one even split open to reveal twin bronzes!

But the dragon that caught her attention was a little blue that had rolled out of the first egg she had touched to show Riz and Zamistia how to properly begin a Touching. Someday My Prince Will Come had given her weird sensations in her chest, ones that she wasn't too fond of, but she could put that aside for a moment to help the little baby.

Thirteen, she supplied helpfully.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:58 pm
Zeraiah

He'd though things were happening quickly before, but compared to so many eggs hatching one after the other, it all seemed glacial until now. Even being bowled over by a rampaging green must have happened in slow motion.

Eyes a little wide, he actually took a clumsy step backward before stopping himself. An exhale blew hair out of his eyes, and he couldn't help but smile. "We'll then. Hello everyone."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:00 pm
Rhys - HR

Rhys was still hurting, watching the weyrling area that his sister had disappeared to...at least until multiple cracks drew him back to the hatching sands. Holding back his tears and forcing his thoughts to quiet, he watched....Oh so many metallic, and chromatic hides come forth. What lovely little ones....And he had so much information to hold on to.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:01 pm
FISHER

"Flaming forks, that there is a LOT of dragonets." Fisher was just, uh, going to be faintly shocked at just how many were there now and how she could barely blink to get her eyes cleared. "Any of them could be yours, ya know? Was there an egg you liked most?" Kinye had been staring and so the older teen wanted to know.

At that whole touching thing she hadn't particularly had good egg stuff happen so.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games