Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
THE ANGST ZONE (Use this, for the love of internetz! ><) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angst?
  I'll post it wherever the hell I want!
  Please, just keep it in this thread.
  Tell me all your troubles and I'll do my best to help you feel better. *hugs*
  Can it, emo! ><
  Huh?
View Results

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:11 pm
Kalstolyn
Not as far as I can tell. I have been there 18 months, and there are people who were hired after me who are still working there.
Now that is a load of bullshit if you ask me  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:34 am
Do... people ever stare into the night sky... and wonder how lonely the stars are...?

I seem to be doing that often.  

Sentama Lin

WhisperingSouls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:00 am
aye lin..i do ther same  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:30 am
Kalstolyn
~DR.MOOFASA~
kals, is your being layed off ...by any chance... to do with "company losses" and such? neutral

i was told today that if we get the 20% increase in minimum wage, either people will lose jobs or prices will get hiked up, etc....
... i heard about the increase to $10 a while ago but i didn't realize it would lose jobs for people. O_O (i'm suspecting it's because of that... was i right in suspecting so? sad )

ps. why don't ya come over and work at rona? ;D ehehe

Uh, it just went up to $8... but my company has been working towards downsizing by 10% globally ever since May.

that's shitty. neutral
where did you work, if you don't mind my asking?  

~DR.MOOFASA~

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:33 am
Xanatos Forever
"Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, so I'm gonna go and die now..." Like it? I thought it up myself...yeah, there's a melody behind it...

Soo, yeahhh....got a friend....gots some problems...problems I can't help her with...friends hates me...friend runs off...might be dead, dunno...yeaahhh...wanna leave some guys bloody on the street...but can't...'cause I can't reach the ******** I'll end this...with one big...

FFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

eek well yes, that is quite the pickle you're in.
i hope she's alright sad *hug* (and that you will soon be too)

*to lin*
aww ... actually that's kind of a sweet thought. smile
not in the lonely sense but in the sense of wondering about what's up there... lots of people haven't wondered about the stars since they were kids.
...freaking adulthood >_>  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:26 am
Xanatos Forever
"Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, so I'm gonna go and die now..." Like it? I thought it up myself...yeah, there's a melody behind it...

Soo, yeahhh....got a friend....gots some problems...problems I can't help her with...friends hates me...friend runs off...might be dead, dunno...yeaahhh...wanna leave some guys bloody on the street...but can't...'cause I can't reach the ******** I'll end this...with one big...

FFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

*takes a ginormous loaf of stale French bread and whacks you over the head* Y'know... I know I have those moments of self-hating too... but telling yourself that is you giving up. There's no way in hell I'm going to make you give up life like that, Xan. Say that again and I'll find a way to California to beat you back into consciousness.

That's... really unfortunate. I mean, it sounds like you did your best to help said friend. And to hate you is a fairly strong statement. In any case, as Liz said, that is a dilemma that I hope clears up.

From it it sounds you did your best, Xan. I'm bad at this too - very bad to be accurate - but at a time like this there's no time to be self-hating. Whenever you can spend that time trying to find ways to find said friend. Any clue you find use.

Of course... as I said... I'm bad when my body starts self-loathing mode... *punches body*

On another note, I have some more to add to my table of things to deal with. My school just told me that it can't give me any federal financial aid until I have proof of my citizenship. What the ********...? I'd assume that the information I put on FAFSA would've worked. Now I have to fish for copies of my documents and have them sent to the school.

School payments, thanks to this FAFSA thing and the whole mother-problem thing, is already a payment schedule late...  

Sentama Lin

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:28 am
I don't want to be in university anymore. Partly because I'm going to fail my classes thanks to this weeks series of nervous breakdowns causing me to miss handing in a paper. I think I might keep one of my two courses... I hope I can.

I can barely function as is, I'm okay when I'm not thinking about things but as soon as I try to accomplish something for class I end up bawling and screaming. Apparently I've started muttering to myself too, it's like a freaking psychotic episode. And all my mom does is tell me how selfish I am and how everything is all about me.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:44 pm
La Belle Isolde
I don't want to be in university anymore. Partly because I'm going to fail my classes thanks to this weeks series of nervous breakdowns causing me to miss handing in a paper. I think I might keep one of my two courses... I hope I can.

I can barely function as is, I'm okay when I'm not thinking about things but as soon as I try to accomplish something for class I end up bawling and screaming. Apparently I've started muttering to myself too, it's like a freaking psychotic episode. And all my mom does is tell me how selfish I am and how everything is all about me.

Hugs to you, darlin. There's a guy on your campus who has great shoulders for crying on and hands out great hugs -- he happens to be my landlord (That's right, my Mike is at U of L... I'm assuming that's where you're going to school).

Sometimes things are SUPPOSED to be all about you. I'm thinking of bombing down to the Bridge for a few days sometime in the next couple of months "scouting the job market" (one of the terms of my severance package is that they'll keep paying me of I am looking for a new job). Wanna do coffee?  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:53 pm
Arcanas
Kalstolyn
Not as far as I can tell. I have been there 18 months, and there are people who were hired after me who are still working there.
Now that is a load of bullshit if you ask me

This happens all the time in big corporations -- they wait until they are going to be doing some "organizational restructuring" and then they fire a whole pile of people, including people who have taken too much time off because of illness, people who have inflexible schedules because they have kids or they go to school, people who don't have good sales or resolution stats, and they mask it in the mass layoffs and give everyone really good compensation if they promise not to sue the company.

I did read through my severance agreement on the phone with a lawyer before I agreed to take it, by the way. It's perfectly legal and more or less bulletproof. I have no way to prove that they fired me over a human rights issue, so they're allowed to terminate me whenever they want as long as I am compensated properly.

Jerks.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:11 pm
No Noo No  

WhisperingSouls

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:44 pm
Kalstolyn
La Belle Isolde

Hugs to you, darlin. There's a guy on your campus who has great shoulders for crying on and hands out great hugs -- he happens to be my landlord (That's right, my Mike is at U of L... I'm assuming that's where you're going to school).

Sometimes things are SUPPOSED to be all about you. I'm thinking of bombing down to the Bridge for a few days sometime in the next couple of months "scouting the job market" (one of the terms of my severance package is that they'll keep paying me of I am looking for a new job). Wanna do coffee?

That'd be pretty sweet *grin* You an Equires/Starbucks person or more of a penny coffee house type person?

Try lethbridgejobshop.ca to get some advanced idea of what kind of jobs are open here and what the rates are. I'm hunting through the job market as well. I'm thinking of dropping university for the semester just because of the current mess of affairs. Ugh.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:35 pm
I don't plan on actually moving to/getting a job in Lethbridge. I just have to look like I'm looking for work in order to continue getting my severance pay. But if there is something that jumps out at me that's good enough to warrant abandoning my commitment to look after Mike's house... I might consider it, even though it means I would end up living with his parents, probably. >.<  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

WhisperingSouls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:53 pm
What do you do? Do you tell the person or what? What does a person have to do to be loved? I need to move, i hate my job, im tired of not sleeping, s im tired of being tired. i hate being single. i want someone to cuddle with. i want a shoulder to cry on when im sad. even someone to tell me i did a goddamn good job at something would be niceIS THAT SO MUCH TO ASKKKK?!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:58 pm
recognition is always a big thing...if no one said anything like that to me, what would be the point of doing what I'm doing?

Hell, getting the customers to smile is good enough for me I think...that means I did something to make their day slightly better  

Arcanas

Hunter

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:02 pm
Rawr..

I really came in here just to b***h about how my halloween costume for gaia isn't showing up.

>w<

My problems are so meager!

@ Topic: I've been feeling really lonely lately..  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games