Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
A step in Gay Rights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gay Marriage
  Yea
  Nay
View Results

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:43 am
churrlo
@ Lyss - I think only that one line was directed towards you xd The GSA one. Not the other line hehe, I think that directed at other people.

@ Soul - I don't feel you attacked my sexuality. I don't feel attacked in any way. You merely disagree with my orientation, you're not attacking it. ^^ AND I KNEW IT D:<
Srsly, the biggest male camwhore in the guild straight? Who was I trying to kid? xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:57 am
LOL I missed an awesome thread. dammit...  

angel_half82
Crew

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:15 pm
Sorry angel xd You can still post your opinions hehe... I don't know if anyone besides me will return though razz  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:11 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
@ Choochoos:THATS WHY ITS CALLED FAITH. BELIEVING WITHOUT NEEDING PROOF.

yes the bible was written by human authors but god inspired them making the bible infallible. Had the author's written something wrong, teachings tell us god would have sent divine intervention to correct the author's errors. Now if you choose to believe the bible has errors, that's your own affair.

@ Fang: Same thing I said to Choochoos as far as you point about the bible containing errors. As far as your note about different translations: yes the bible has been translated into many different languages but that doesn't mean an entire teaching is going to be lost in translation don't you think?

On your note questioning God's existance, I say again: Faith. Yes god does have a plan but that doesn't always align with a human's free will. Our role in life is to live according to God's will but that doesn't always happen. If a husband murders his wife, Is that part of God's plan too? Did God have that in his will too?

Also you yourself said it: We all sin (this includes religious leaders). Are you calling them hypocrites too? Are their opinions null and void also despite the fact that we follow their teachings? Think about that.

Also Metalic, I'd appreciate if you didn't mock the bible.

I'd just be restating churrlo but I do think faith is a freedom to have or not have, so I won't attack anyone on that. I, personally, do not have it. I find it hard to believe things with no proof, it just doesn't make sense to me. The fact that the teachings and religion is relatively old doesn't make it more believable to me.

And yet again, no one can prove that God inspired these men to write the Bible. I could easily write just about anything, or DO anything, and say I was inspired by God to do it. That doesn't mean anyone should believe me. And these teachings you mentioned, weren't these from the Bible anyway? Or at least weren't they written by human men? If so then I'm not very assured that they will actually happen, that God would correct any mistakes the men writing the Bible may have made.

I do have some confidence that by now the Bible would be translated to be pretty accurate to its original considering we are able to translate things pretty well now.

And yes (not in response to you tsn, but metalic)...it was intended to include women. If the Bible condemned gay men but not lesbians we would KNOW it to be written by men with no divine inspiration (or at least that would be some good evidence to back up an argument saying so). It would go against the very argument against homosexuality.

And I'll never let go of my belief that gay people don't choose that. Once again, animals aren't thought to have much for free will, they have no "societal influence" that would effect a "decision" to be gay, yet we have gay animals. It occurs everywhere in nature, and I don't think gay people choose to be sexually attracted to their own gender. It's just like Pancake said, choosing to act on feelings is not the same as having them and vice-versa.

But either way, everyone has urges, and as long as it's mutual and not harming anyone I don't understand what the problem is in satisfying basic urges as a living sexual thing. That however is another can of worms entirely I suppose. sweatdrop

My high school had a GSA too. I went to a few meetings. We have a pretty religious community too but we still managed one. The problem was a lot of people bitched that it was unnecessary because bi/homosexual intolerance "wasn't a problem in our town." ...A lack of violent hate crimes does not equal a lack of problem.

Pachelbel Canon

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:41 pm
Yay genetics blaugh Ok soo... I think we're done discussing here naow blaugh

[/End discussion]  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:50 pm
sweatdrop I didn't know Chuurlo was gay until this thread

And Soul, that does explain the massive cam-whoreness XD

At several points in this thread, I wish I had done the whole "CAN'T YOU SEE THIS IS TEARING US APART!?" bit. XP  

Artanus

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:48 pm
Artanus
sweatdrop I didn't know Chuurlo was gay until this thread

And Soul, that does explain the massive cam-whoreness XD

At several points in this thread, I wish I had done the whole "CAN'T YOU SEE THIS IS TEARING US APART!?" bit. XP

And I won't know that within 5 days after this thread is officially dead. Not like it really matters anyway, unless someone here wants to be/is a *****, it's not too late you do a bit about this thread tearing us apart.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:59 pm
I never really came out or anything xd I'm just not hiding it anymore

Ummm... Frito doesn't know razz So don't tell him D:  

churrlo

First Pancake

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:11 am
churrlo
I never really came out or anything xd I'm just not hiding it anymore

Ummm... Frito doesn't know razz So don't tell him D:

Are you serious? xd its posted on the internet...  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:17 am
He doesn't get on Gaia? xd  

churrlo

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:03 pm
churrlo
He doesn't get on Gaia? xd
o.o I srsly thought he knew.