Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
[IC] =Foalen's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:50 am
Watching From Afar

Foalen hadn't seen much of Ayita during her pregnacy since the mare had spent most of it in the presece of her new herd and mate. Though he had managed to get over to the clearing where the heard gathered and occaionaly to see how she was doing. Though he never approched her directly perfering to let her initiate any meetings so as to not intrude upon the herd and her new family.

He found himself coming more often once the the baskets had opened and the foals came out into the wider world for he loved to watch the foals playing when he wasn't busy with his work or taking Takota out for a hunt. Ayita found him there standing quietly near the far edge of the clearing and came over to nuzzle him in greeting. They stood together silently watching the foals as they ran across the plain. Ayita's brood mixing with other newly emerged foals from other mares the Shaman didn't recognize and Foalen smiled to think of all the new life that had come this spring.

Ayita wickkered and butted her head against her two footed friend's hand asking for a scratch. With a laugh the shaman abliged her running his fingers through her short mane. It was a beautiful day and Foalen felt greatly blessed to be in the presence of such spirits as these noble soquili.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:35 am
A Journy Home

As the foals grew more and more independant Ayita decided it was about time to venture back to the shaman's teepee and give him a surprise. As she wandered back through the forest she wondered at the fact that so little had changed about the place since she had left it months before to stay with her new herd and family while she had changed tremendously. She was still herself, but mother hood had mellowed her. She was calmer now and tended to have more patience with herself and those around her.

The mare wrinkled her nose at that thought. Having foals forces the new parents to take their time and not just plow straight ahead with what they are trying to do. Parenthood was an object lesson in patience. Whisking her tail a an insect buzzing nearby Ayita paused to get a better look at her surroundings. She wasn't too far from the teepee now and she could see signs of a path beigining to form between the shaman's home leading off in the direction of the two legger village.

It looked like the people of this visited her friend on a regular basis. Good for him. Perhaps he hadn't been as lonely as she had worried he might be with her abesence. Then again there was always Takota to keep him company.

The little fox seemed to be with the shaman whenever Foalen would appear now a days. Ayita was entierly happy about the situation. The little fellow had grown much stronger since his injury and was now becoming quite bold even when he wasn't with his new two legger friend. The painted mare had never seen the fox before found himself trapped in a bear trap, but she imagained that he was now more like what had been before the accident had happened.

Nearing the edge of the wood where the teepee stood Ayita lifted her head and called out. The sound of her voice rang through the stillness of the forest as everything grew quiet once more. For a short while nothing happened, Ayita simply stood waiting and watching. A few seconds later a small brown ball of fur rolled out of the teepee followed by the smiling shaman. Happily she neighed and started towards them. She was home.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:12 am
A privilage and a blessing

The foals grew quickly as time passed and Ayita made more trips to the teepee and her shaman friend. Sometimes she brought her new family with her and those visits were always full of wonder and surprise. For one never knew exactly what the foals might do. Some time the painted mare came alone staying only for a little while before slipping outside once more to make her way back to her little ones.

Either way Foalen was greatly honored to be priviledged to be such a big part of Ayita's family. When they came he would sing blessings for them, calling on the spirits to watch over and protect them as he did for all those who came to him.

Ayita would watch him chanting her deep eyes taking in the scene before her in such a fashion as to show that she was aware of exactly what was happening.

At those times when the chant was over and the incence had burned itself out she would make a sound low and soft deep in the back of her throat that Foalen was sure was some form of thanks, though his lessons in the soquili language had not progressed that far yet.

Every time he was in the presence of Ayita or any other soquili for that matter he was struck with power of their spirits. The soquili truely were blesses of the great spirit and he was proud to be amoung them.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:05 am
Meetings

Foalen
Ayita walked softly over the forest floor the damp smell of moist earth and growing things that filled the spirng air tickled her nose as she walked with two large sacks balanced on her back.

The hide sacks Foalen had tied together with a rope to hold them in place were fairly heavy since she had been working up the weights slowly over time. She was getting used to the feeling of something shifting on her back as she moved now and dispite the effort involved in carrying the bulky load she could tell she was very close to reaching her goal of being able to carry her beloved twolegger around the way see had seen some of the other soquili do with their human friends.

Foalen had done and been so much for her that Ayita wanted to do this one thing for him that only she could do. But he had insisted on going slowly so that he wouldn't harm her in the process. But now finally the time was near. With that thought happily in mind she trotted down the path towards the Kiwani village her tail held high. She didn't even notice Takota trotting along behind her. The little fox silently watching over the painted mare like a little brown shadow.

Latonia de la Courtel

Tashika walked through the field, having come from gathering roots and nuts for her High-Sun meal. She ran a hand through her silver hair, lamenting at its odd coloring and the fact that it provided.
'Outcast.' She sighed, spying a group of indigo flowers. She smiled, and knelt, gathering a few and winding them into her fair hair.
Once finished, she stood, and resumed her steady trek toward the river. She eyed the path to her old village, halting at the sight of a Soquili and a fox jogging toward it. The mare wore packs of some sort attatched to her back.
'Strange.'

Foalen
The wind blew softly toying with the painted mare's short mane as she stood On top of the rise just above the village looking down upon the hustle and bustle below. It was fun watching the twoleggers go about their work. She had picked up the habbit from Foalen who she had found spent a great deal of his time watching others. It was obvious very early on that you could learn a lot by being aware of your surroundings and those arround you.

Flicking an ear at a bothersome insect Ayita's warm carmel brown eyes wandered over the teepees before her and the twoleggers dashing here and there.

At her feet Takota had come to rest curling his tail around his legs in a diginfied manner as he sat and watched the village people along with his soquili friend.

Foalen
Hearing something from behind the painted mare glanced over her shoulder seeing a twolegger she had never met before. Curious she turned around and the motion caught Takota's attention. He saw the young woman his ears canting forward. Since the humans he had seen had all been very kind to him he wasn't fearful of them. Compelled by his nature to investigate anything that seemed interesting he dashed over to the stranger curious as to why a two footer would be so far from their pack. And besides he was hoping to perhaps get a free scratch in the bargan.

Ayita came up a little more cautiously though not unkindly behind the fox who was yipping in a friendly manner. She had been around long enough to know to be cautious around unknown humans.

Latonia de la Courtel
Against her common sense, Tashika followed the painted mare, curious at her habits. She peeked around a tree and smiled, the Paint stood watching over the village, the little fox curled at her feet.
'On the outside...' She thought. 'Like me.. Not wild though.'
She pondered over the Soquili mare.
At the fox's approach she stepped back, sorry to have disturbed them, but knelt when he yapped. Reaching into the basket, Tashika withdrew a small berry, and held it out for him.
"Food?" She asked with a smile, her eyes moving to the mare. "Oh!"
Her breath escaped her in a sigh of awe. The Soquili was so lovely! And she had come so close!

Foalen
Takota sniffed the offering licking Tashika's hand in thanks as he daintaly sampled the tasty treat.

Seeing how gentle the woman was with Takota helped Ayita to relax a bit. It was still possible that the woman could pose some harm but the painted mare seemed to have Foalen's gift of being able sense the motives of those around him. The twolegger seemed sad and lonely. It wasn't very likely that she would do anything to harm them.

Wickering softly Ayita nuzzled Tashika hoping to remove some of the woman's sadness.

Latonia de la Courtel
Tashika smiled at the fox, bribed by his sweet temper to offer another berry. She scratched at his ears, then turned to his companion.
She smiled as the mare nuzzled her, offering the horse a berry like the one her friend had so enjoyed.
"So lovely." She sighed.
The wind danced around her, bringing with it the scent of the nearby village and its inhabitants. The smell of Soquili, especially the mare near her, eased Tashika's pain, and mixed with the scent of the flowers was somewhat like a balm.
"Where's her friend?" She asked the clever little fox.
Surely the Soquili mare's companion was about?

Foalen
Takota looked up into Tashika's eyes as he ran the words she used through his mind. He was familiar with the twolegger's speach because the Shaman he lived with spoke to him all the time as if he expected the fox to understand.

Actually Takota liked that about Foalen. The shaman treated all those around him including animals and trees as fellow spirits and as such showed respect to all that lived and breathed. He was a good and wise friend from whom the fox had learned much. "Im going to go find Foalen." He yipped to show the young woman he had understood her question and let Ayita know where he was going. Then the fox nosed Tashika's hand before slipping off into the brush to go and find the shaman who they had left collecting herbs some way down the path into the forest.

Ayita watched Takota slip away only to see him return a few moments later with the shaman trailing behind him. Foalen looked up in plesant surprise as he saw the unfamilar young woman. "Well met, traveler."

Latonia de la Courtel
((Foalen ish normal.. Got it... ^_^ *snags plushie* ))

Tashika watched the fox trot off, puzzled, and jumped when he returned with another Indian. She scooted backwards, crouched down, her white deerskin dress brushing the grass as she inched backwards.
With her history the way it was, she was extremely wary of others. They usually hurt her feelings or made her feel..
She shook her head slightly to clear her thoughts, and bowed her head in a greeting. "Hello."

Foalen
Senseing the woman's uneasyness, the shaman smiled reasuringly. Her looks were somewhat diffrant than those of his home tribe, but he had learned and seen much since leaving home. And he had found that the Kiwani village held many such people with unuseual traits and stories so the diffrences didn't bother him. What was more important than the outer looks was the inner spirit of a person and this young woman's inner light shown brightly to one who was able to see such things.

"Hello, I don't believe I've seen you around before. I'm Shaman Foalen, I see you've met my friends Ayita and Takota." He said pointing first to the mare and then the fox. "I hope they haven't been bothing you." He continued giving the pair a stern look the was belied by the humor dancing in his eyes. For he knew his friends would never mistreat anyone.

Latonia de la Courtel
Tashika smiled and shook her head.
"No.. No trouble." She murmured, brushing off her dress and standing, basket tucked under one arm. She belatedly realised she had violet flowers braided into her hair and hadn't introduced herself.
"Tashika, Spirit Hair... A wanderer" She murmured, bowing her head as her cheeks flushed crimson. "And... They were keeping me company, I don't have it often.. So I must thank them for that."
She smirked and flicked another berry toward the fox. He seemed to like them.

Foalen
Neatly catching the berry, Takota sat up to savor his sweet. He liked this new person who fed him yummy food.

"I thought you might be a wanderer, for I would have remembered you with such striking hair had I seen you before. I'm glad you wandered our way it's nice to have visitors once in a while. I think you'll like it here. This village is a little diffrent than most. It seems to be a gathering place of sorts. Though the spirits have yet to tell me why." Foalen grinned reaching around the bags tied to Ayita's back to give the mare pat. "But then the spirits like their secrets and not even shaman are allowed to know them all."

Latonia de la Courtel
Tashika laughed at Takota's antics.
She turned back to the Shaman and considered his words.
"Thank you.." She raised a hand to her hair for a moment. "You're a shaman?"
She hadn't seen one of those since her own village had sent her away. But he had told her she would find her place.. So she kept looking.
"Why does your mare wear those packs? Ayita, correct?" She studied the painted horse, smiling. She was truly lovely.

((That's cool Foalen.. I have to leave Work at 2 (about 30 min).. And I'll be back around 6 pm... So.. We can continue whenever! ))

Foalen
"Yes I'm a shaman," Foalen replied smiling as he said it feeling a confidence in himself and his chosen proffesion he hadn't always known.

Foalen laughed as he looked at his soquili friend. "Yes her name is Ayita. She demonstrated the desire to have me ride her by knocking me into the river while trying to get me onto her back one day. So I decided I would try to ride her, since she seems to want it so much and I would love such an honor but we're easing into it. I thought it might be easier for her if she got used to carrying weight on her back before she tries to carry me. Though I think she'll be ready for me to ride her very soon. We've been working on it a long time now."

((I'll save what we have to my teepee and we can finish this whenever you have time. smile ))

Latonia de la Courtel
((Ok! This will be my last Reply..*glares at Algebra* I hate... -.- ))

"Amazing... "Tashika eyed him with respect, but couldn't help but laugh at the idea. Imagine! A Soquili knocking her Shaman partner into the river...
She giggled, hand rising to cover her mouth as her laughing indigo eyes swept from Shaman to Soquili and back.
It was an extraordinarily kind thing, to train the mare to bear his weight before actually riding her. Tashika tilted her head, realising that Foalen was dangerously close to becomming her first two-legged friend. She knew several Soquili, and enjoyed watching the wild ones.. But had never really spoken to another Indian since leaving her tribe.

((Thanks for the Rp Foalen.. It was fun! <3 ))

Foalen
"Ayita is amazing, though I have to admit that a soggy shaman isn't all that impressive." Foalen couldn't help but laugh along with Tashika. "The next time I try I think we will do so away from the river. where it's nice and dry. Though I suppose it would also be harder if I wind up on my rear end again."

Shaking his head with a grin at his own expense Foalen gave the mare next to him a scratch behind the ear. "Once I can manage to stay on her back without falling off we are going to have to work on the much more difficult task of learing to understand eachother enough for basic comunication. I've been trying to understand her as much as I could all along. Its going to be even more important when I start to ride her. I'm taking lessons from the elders of the tribe in the soquili launguage. It's fasinating. But I may still need to augment that knowlage with handsignals and the like for those things the soquili language doesn't cover. Besides I'm no where near fluent in the language yet. "

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Latonia de la Courtel

Daring Trickster

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:15 pm
Tashika listened to him intently, making plans to go to him for help if she ever found a Soquili companion. The way he talked of the Soquili language and handsignals intrigued her.
"So.. You can talk to them in their own language.. Would.. They be able to talk back?" She asked, tilting her head and eyeing the mare.
How grand would that be? To have conversations with your Soquili?
Tashika shook her head. "It seems I have a lot to learn about them.. Even after studying the wild ones for so long."
The idea excited her.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:49 pm
"There is always more knowlage than we can possibly learn. Where would the challange be if we could become wise in only a day. True wisdom must be earned with time and toil. Foalen nodded his golden eyes alight at the idea of being able to talk to Ayita and have her talk back to him. "And yes the soquili can speak to us using the language I am learning. It's their language after all. The aincents were taught the language by the first of the soquili. Those soquili that willingly dwelt with man that is. There are many who don't, the wild soquili you mentioned before for example."

Growing thoughtful he gave Tashika a glance wondering if she would be at all interested in learning the language as well. She certianly seemed to be intruged. "Once I get a little better at it myself I would be happy to teach you what I've learned. It's a complex language, giving lessons will help me hone my own abilities. There is no better way to learn something than trying to pass that knowlage to someone else, the shaman I studtied under was fond of saying. So what do you think"  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Latonia de la Courtel

Daring Trickster

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:55 pm
"There is truth in what you say..." She agreed. Wisdom gained in one day would ultimately mean nothing.. Or very little. Working for it made you appreciate it.
Tashika mulled the idea of the first Soquili teaching a two-legger how to speak their language. She cocked her head and smiled at the thought, then jumped as Foalen offered to teach her.
"Oh! Would you?" She smiled. "That would be so wonderful!"
The idea that a wild Soquili might not understand the Soquili language puzzled her. Were they mute? Could they be taught how to speak?
She stored the questions away for later, intending to ask Foalen once she had a better idea of the language.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:58 pm
"There is always more knowlage than we can possibly learn. Where would the challange be if we could become wise in only a day. True wisdom must be earned with time and toil. Foalen nodded his golden eyes alight at the idea of being able to talk to Ayita and have her talk back to him. "And yes the soquili can speak to us using the language I am learning. It's their language after all. The aincents were taught the language by the first of the soquili. Those soquili that willingly dwelt with man that is. There are many who don't, the wild soquili you mentioned before for example."

Growing thoughtful he gave Tashika a glance wondering if she would be at all interested in learning the language as well. She certianly seemed to be intruged. "Once I get a little better at it myself I would be happy to teach you what I've learned. It's a complex language, giving lessons will help me hone my own abilities. There is no better way to learn something than trying to pass that knowlage to someone else, the shaman I studtied under was fond of saying. So what do you think"

Ayita listed to the sound of the shaman's voice, not really understanding all the words but enjoying the soft cadence. Tashika's voice was soft and kind as she too spoke and the painted mare stood near the two two foots listening to them talk and wondering what it was they were talking about. Whatever it was they seemed to be excited about something for she could hear it in their voices.

"Takota, do you know what's gotten the two foots so excited? I can't really understand them at all."

The fox looked up at Ayita for a moment and then over to the two humans once more. He canted his head to the side in consentration as he listened closely to what the two were saying. "Not really. Though they do seem very happy about something don't they. I wonder what it is? Perhaps they've found more of those delicious berries!"

Ayita wuffled a laugh as the fox licked his long snout giving her a vulpine grin.  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Latonia de la Courtel

Daring Trickster

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:04 pm
Noting that the fox was watching her, Tashika laughed.
"I see you." She murmured softly, reaching into her basket. "I bet I know what would cheer you up..."
She pulled out a handful of the berries, but eyed Foalen. "You don't mind if I give him these.. Do you? He seems to have grown quite fond of them."
As her eyes went back toward the fox, Tashika smiled at Ayita. The painted mare stood listening to her and Foalen with perked ears, looking alert, intelligent and interested in what they were saying.
Did she want to learn to speak to these wondrous beasts? Great Spirit of course!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:29 pm
((I'm trying to think if foxes would eat anything other than meat...but I don't know enough about foxes. xd So we will assume it's ok to eat the berries unless someone says otherwise.))

Reaching down to give the fox a scratch behind the ear Foalen looked up at Tashika. "I don't mind if you give Takota berries. He's clever enough not to eat anything that would be harmful to him. So I'm sure it's fine. Though he normaly hunts with me. He seems to prefer small rodents. I've had very few problems with mice near my teepee since he moved in."

Senseing that she was being watched Ayita turned one deep eye on Tashika and neighed to show that she was aware of the Tashika's attention. The painted mare spoke slowly in her own language wondering if the other would understand. "o-si-yo." Wich meant hello in the soquili language.

The shaman's eyes widened when he heard the word and he turned to stare at the mare his mouth half open.

Ayita giggled at the sight and then said the word again to see what effect it would have.

"I think she just said hello to us..."Foalen finally managed when he was able to think clearly once more.  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Latonia de la Courtel

Daring Trickster

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:40 pm
(( I love Foxes.. They're my second fave animal.. They eat rodents, but nuts, berries and some roots too... Scavengers of sorts... <3 ))

Tashika smiled. "Oh! I know some of their language already! The Wise man of my old village taught me a few words."

She set the berries down before Takota and turned back to the mare. Biting her lip she searched for a simple phrase, and ran a hand through her flower strewn mane. She smiled.
"O-si-yo u-wo-du-hi." She replied kindly. 'Hello Beautiful.'

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:09 pm
Giving Tashika's leg a rub in thanks he settled himself next to the berries wich he ate neatly as his mother had taught him one berry at a time not gobbling them all in an instant like his brother would have done. He paused in his meal thinking of the family he had lost when he had gotten caught in the bear trap. But the sadness was fleeting for he had soon found a new family. He listened to the humans watching the mare as she tried to bridge the communications berrier that was normally present between the two leggers and the other animals of the world. This was becomming interesting.

Surprised at the sudden compliment but Unable to blush Ayita curved her neck her muzzle dipping below the level of Tashika's head. Looking up once more she wickered her thanks. She then nuzzled Tashika repeating what the woman had said to her to show Tashika that she thought that the young woman was beautiful too.

Amazed at the turn of events Foalen listened closely to Tashika and Ayita. The words were familiar to him from his lessons, but his pronouciaction wasn't as good as theirs. But the knowlage that he would indeed be able to talk to Ayita in the future as he could to any of the villagers he lived amoung was just a little entoxicating.  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Latonia de la Courtel

Daring Trickster

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:23 am
Tashika laughed and raised her hands, cradling Ayita's muzzle. She stroked the mare's soft jaw with gentle fingertips, thanking her for returning the compliment.
'To live like this would be heaven...' She thought as she glanced at the sweet Takota an his berries.
She turned to Foalen and smiled, grateful that he was so willing to teach her and let her be near Ayita and Takota. She envied him for his family, true it was a Soquili and a fox, but a family nonetheless.
"wa-do" She said softly to both the mare and shaman. 'Thank you.'

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:19 am
The shaman inclined his head with a sober look accepting her grattatude before smiling once more at the young woman. "My teepee is always open to those who have need to enter. Even if that need is simply for frendship."

Foalen motioed toward Takota and Ayita and then toward the trees behind them. "We live on the edge of the village a little way into the forest. If you plan to stay in this area you are welcome to drop in on us."

Then it dawned on him that she might not be very comfortable wandering around the village by herself so he decided to offer to help her out. "And if you like I could show you around the village and perhaps introduce you to a few people so you can get to know a some of the villagers who live around here."  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Latonia de la Courtel

Daring Trickster

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:34 am
Tashika smiled when he said she was welcome in his home. However, at the idea of wandering around the village alone she grew slightly nervous. She smiled at Foalen when he offered to help her meet others, and nodded. Perhaps this tribe would be more forgiving than her last, perhaps she could make friends here.
"Yes... I would like that very much Foalen." She murmured with a bow of her head.
She glanced at the sun. "Perhaps.. Some other time? I have been away from my Teepee too long.. And have a few more things to do."
She resetteled her basket under her left arm.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff