Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Covered Bridge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:36 pm
Quietly flowing
White
Dried clouds pass by

The ash-coloured me
Just watched their vanishing
Intently

A world of d a r k n e s s . . .

User Image
Cosette Aurelie Prewitt
Slytherin Sixth Year

Almost like one of the ghosts, a thin pale figure tarried at the entrance to the covered bridge, and sighed. Cosette Prewitt had absolutely no desire to go outside. The nursing assistant who had been caring for her since the year before, however, had instructed her in no uncertain terms that she was to get some fresh air and sunlight. As far as Cosette was concerned, she'd had more than enough of such things during her time in Egypt. Sunlight disgusted her, now, its cheerful warmth made her feel ill and lethargic, and hurt her eyes. Fresh air, too, only bothered her. Besides, the courtyards were all full of cheerful, laughing students, people she wanted absolutely nothing to do with. What business had she, laughing, when her sister was still in the hospital? She'd come to the bridge thinking it would be empty and less bright, which it was, but still...

A light breeze blew, making the sixth year flinch. She just wanted to go down into the dungeons once more. They were empty, cold, dark...all she really deserved. There, she didn't have to pretend she cared about what spell was being taught, or how this person's parents had gotten a promotion, or how that person had been caught kissing a mudblood... She could wander aimlessly through the chill halls, or curl up in the dormitories with the blankets over her head and hide from everything.

But no. She had been told to go outdoors and enjoy herself.

Idiot healer.

Empty blue gaze continued to stare out across the bridge. She could see sunlight through the sides of it, she could smell grass and flowers and that damned happiness all the students seemed to have on the blasted breeze that continued to blow. She wanted to run back to the safety of the darkness, but the healer would know. He always did, somehow. Continuing to wait just inside, Cosette pondered how she could get out of going outside.

Encircling my heart... Lethargy, irritation

I sit watching you... Only my thoughts

And I can't help but think... I really don't want to go out...

A world of s i l e n c e . . .

Onto the castle of sand that I built
From gathering the stars
My tiny prayer

Falls
Waves that lay in waiting
Sweep you off your feet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 pm
User Image
User Image

The hisses in my ear:
Maybe this is a bad idea
What writhes within me: Nostalgic...a little annoyed

Those entwined with me: Istal, Etheris, and....Cosette?

Slowly another pale figure made it's way down the other side of the bridge. Platinum blond hair fell softly into equally pale eyes. The oldest Gaunt was currently in clash with his emotions and like many of his friends, hadn't been seen much since school had begun. Outside of class he did his best to spend as much time as possible in Hogsmead. After all what better way to see his love? It still sent his heart a flutter when he thought about that night over the summer. That lovely night at Soren's house where everything had come out in the open. They were still cautious as he was so much older then him. Regardless it thrilled him to know that he belonged to someone.

If only that happiness couldn't be ruined by other damned memories. Ten years ago he had a family. Ten years ago he had watched his mother slaughter them all before running with a sobbing Daisy to save their lives. It felt like a life time ago and just yesterday in a simultaneous mess that confused his mind and tore at his heart. Dante still didn't know this half of his life. None of his friends knew, not even Soren. That would be a hell of a conversation to get to go through...that is if he ever opened up about it. Charon wasn't certain if he could handle that conversation just yet....if ever. For now he was content to just leave it in the dust.

As he moved down the bridge pale eyes looked up to see a surprising sight. Just inside the edges of the other entrance that he was now near was a familiar pale girl. Cosette...he hadn't seen her outside in a long time. He knew he hadn't managed to make it to see her in the hospital. Sadly he had to thank Soren for that. Charon still felt like an a** for forgetting no matter how wonderful of a distraction that Soren had provided.
"Well hello there dear Cosette. Do you plan on hiding in the shadows or would you like to join me out here for a walk? I promise I won't bite." Charon asked a gentle playfulness in his voice. He didn't want to drive his friend away, more coax her out of hiding. Maybe if he sounded like he always did it would be more of a comfort.

We both have our secrets
some darker then others.
I can handle the demons in my head...
as long as you are there to hold me when I wake

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:45 pm
Quietly flowing
White
Dried clouds pass by

The ash-coloured me
Intently

User Image
Cosette Aurelie Prewitt
Slytherin Sixth Year

Cosette froze at the sight of someone walking across the bridge, for a moment like a deer caught in the headlights. After a few seconds, recovering herself somewhat, she backed up, intending to leave--she had no desire to speak with or see anyone. Unfortunately, her movement seemed to attract the person's attention, as she heard a familiar voice greet her. Once more she froze, caught in the act, and tried to think of a polite way to escape. But he had spoken to her, and she was supposed to go outside... The words of her year mate, however, made her scoff. "He wants us to go out, too, Alice," she murmured to the doll in her arms, "It seems to be everyone's mission, doesn't it? Him, that nurse, Mother, Aunt Celandine...why should we leave the shadows? No one can find us in the dark, no one can hurt us. Besides, it's all we deserve, isn't it, Alice?" Still, there didn't seem to be a way out of it. With a muffled sigh, she turned to face him, her smiling mask once more on her face. "Good morning, Charon."

Cosette took a hesitant step forward, flinching slightly as the sunlight fell on her. "How are you?" she asked him. Now that she thought about it, they hadn't spoken much lately. Over the summer, she hadn't spoken with anyone other than her sister, and at school thus far she'd hardly spoken to anyone unless necessary. It wasn't like the old days, when she and Dante and Charon had sat together in nearly every class, working together and enjoying each other's company...she missed those days. Everything had been so much simpler then, before...before the curse... Her spirits fell further, and she began to fiddle with her sleeve, holding the doll Alice with one arm. "H-how was your summer?" she asked, stuttering despite herself as she tried to pull herself away from the abyss those thoughts invariably brought her to.

Encircling my heart... Nervous, depressed

I sit watching you... Charon

And I can't help but think... I miss being twelve...

From gathering the stars
My tiny prayer

Falls
Sweep you off your feet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:25 pm
User Image
User Image

The hisses in my ear:
Maybe this is a bad idea

The flinch was not lost on the pale boy and silently he wondered when the last time was that she was really outside. She was paler then the last time he saw her that fact alone worried him. Why hadn't he and Dante pushed to get her out more? What had them so busy they they couldn't go to their friends side? Charon knew that being around Soren had distracted him heavily but it wasn't every day a boy found love returned to him. Now he was seeing that maybe if they had remembered they had a friend in need they may have been able to prevent the state Cosette was in now.

A tiny smile crossed his face though when he saw the new doll. Some things never changed and to that he was thankful. Charon couldn't recall a time he had seen the pale girl without a doll in hand. An idea crossed his mind and he knew he could afford to do it too. He would have to get to work on that.
"I'm...well enough." Charon answered with a shrug. No need to go into detail on how wonderful of a summer it had been. That would be rude seeing as the state his friend was in. If only Charon knew a few more people that would get along with Cosette...maybe getting around more would be helpful? Or would it make it worse....hm....

"It was decent to say the least. Daisy and I had some living rearrangments to deal with but all in all it's for the best. What about your own? How is Io doing?" Charon worried about asking that last question but he wouldn't know if he didn't ask. He hoped the small girl was doing better. Io had been such a sweet heart and Daisy loved the girl. The youngest Gaunt had been devastated to hear that she was in the hospital. She had been so looking forward to her coming to school and had joked about her, Rose and Io being a trio of friends like their older siblings. There would still be time though. They just had to help Io wake up first.
{ooc; so sorry Calais! I thought it posted but apparently not -.-}

We both have our secrets
some darker then others.

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:56 pm
Quietly flowing
White
Dried clouds pass by

The ash-coloured me
Intently

User Image
Cosette Aurelie Prewitt
Slytherin Sixth Year

Cosette smiled in a slightly forced way when he spoke of his summer, not really listening to his words. "That's good," she replied. His question made her stiffen, his second making her freeze yet again, eyes widening, as she drew in a sharp breath. Quickly, she shoved the emotions away, coating her heart with a layer of ice. It was the only way short of potions she'd learned to calm herself. "She is fine. Still--still asleep." she answered, words breaking slightly. "They aren't sure what to do."

Her voice was wobbling again, she knew. And as much as she hated it, there was nothing she could do. She hated being so helpless. With this, with the attacks of her curse, with everything. Cosette took a deep breath, trying to compose herself once more. "How is Daisy?" She had no idea what to talk about...

Encircling my heart... Nervous, depressed

And I can't help but think... Life is too complicated...

From gathering the stars
My tiny prayer

Falls
Sweep you off your feet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:44 pm
User Image
User Image

The hisses in my ear:
Maybe this is a bad idea

Charon cringed when he heard that Io still hadn't woken up. Was it the knowledge of the small girl, the same age and size as Daisy, still slept oblivious to the world? Or was it the way Cosette's voice broke when she spoke? Maybe it was the massive slap combo of them both. Things felt tense and awkward when they once were smooth and natural. Had the years really done this to them? Or had it been life? After all Cosette had so much to deal with right now, not to mention what year it was. Ten years....he shivered lightly at the thought. He had expected mail by now but it wasn't quite the anniversary yet....no bad thoughts put them out of your mind Charon. Damn it he was going to need to burn something soon.

"She's doing ok. Daisy is so worried about making friends. She hasn't really yet but the poor thing is nervous...then again we both are. I don't like her being so far from my reach. That's something...you get that don't you Cosette? Or do I sound twice the fool?" Charon answered when he was asked about his golden haired sibling. Daisy was having the hardest of times this year. For the longest time he thought it best that she didn't remember their parents, thought it easier for her not to miss people she never met. He had been wrong. Daisy proved that to him. At least he had memories, no matter how blurry. Voices...smiles...the touch of a hand. Playing with the girls before Daisy was born, his father scolding him the day he set the den on fire. He had memories unlike Daisy. That was the day he felt like the hugest a** in the world.

"Cosette? You aren't well are you? Do you want to get out of here? The forest is close...shall we go get lost? I could use a bit pretending like I'm not here and you look like you could use the same?" Charon said after a long moment of silence. It couldn't be just his mood telling him she wasn't well. She didn't look remotely well but getting her to admit it and talk about it would be the fun part. Maybe if they weren't on school grounds it would be easier. Maybe if they were somewhere they couldn't be over heard....just maybe she would talk. Maybe secrets could come forth and for a while they could bleed out the poison in their veins. A short walk and they could be in the one place no one went, the one place no one would hear them. Naught Slytherin, he's was a prefect too....oh well some rules needed breaking.

We both have our secrets
some darker then others.

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:36 pm
Quietly flowing
White
Dried clouds pass by

The ash-coloured me
Intently

User Image
Cosette Aurelie Prewitt
Slytherin Sixth Year

Cosette laughed hollowly at Charon's question. "I do understand. They took me away even from her unconsious body..." She sighed. "I remember when we were Daisy's age...things were so simple, then. All I had to worry about was how to get revenge on Daemon for messing up my doll on the first night, and how to turn him into a real Slytherin... Now he's gone, and so is just about everything else." She shook herself, and forced a smile back onto her face. "Forgive me, I was being rude. I'm sure Daisy has nothing to worry about. She's a lovely girl--or she was the last time I met her. She'll surely make friends quickly."

For a moment, they fell into silence. At last, Charon spoke once more, and his words startled Cosette slightly. "Not well? I don't know. I'm not good, I know that," she replied, making a pun on the common gramatical error in a weak attempt at a joke, "But not well? That's what they tell me, I suppose. But then, what do Healers know of wellness? They tell me that not being with Io will make me well--so, clearly, they can't know much."

She laughed at his next query in a way that didn't sound well at all. "Get out of here? Ah, I'd love to. I'd love to get out of here, and get back to Io. Or perhaps just...get out. Of everything. Just leave, and never return, never worry about anything ever again..." Actually, that sounded like a very good idea. But, as Charon continued, she saw that he didn't mean that at all. "Get lost in the Forbidden Forest...?" she mused, before shrugging. "Why not? I'll be outside, so that Healer can't complain, but it probably isn't nearly as sunny...and from there, I won't be able to hear the other students. Yes, that sounds like an excellent idea." Now that she thought about it, Charon didn't really seem to be his old, cheerful self either. Perhaps he would understand, and not force her to talk...? Either way, his company, she decided, was preferable to that of the other idiots who tried to speak with her. At least he was less irritating than the healer. And in the Forbidden Forest, the healer wouldn't look for her... "Lead on."

Encircling my heart... depressed, eager to leave

And I can't help but think... To be or not to be--that is the question...

From gathering the stars
My tiny prayer

Falls
Sweep you off your feet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:16 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton walked onto the bridge, his eyes noticing for the first time how damaged it was. He could almost feel it sag even more under his weight. As he reached the middle, he gripped onto the ledge, testing its sturdiness before he leaned over the side to get a glimpse of the view below.

This place was surprisingly peaceful, somewhere he could think without being interrupted by a storm of second year girls gossiping about who the hottest teacher was.

He turned his back and leaned casually against one of the posts made to support the bridge, though clearly not doing the best job. With a huff, he slid down the pole, coming to a sitting position against the cold wood. He wrapped his arms around his knees, barely noticing the frigid breeze as night began to overcome day; his mind trailed off to the fire that had been burning inside his head for the last week.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:31 pm
¯``•• .¸¸.•´Although me and my brother have the same face...

User Image
User Image
Seer
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
╔══════════════╗
Mood:
╚══════════════╝

The sound of small footsteps, on wood. He smiled as he was clinging his book against his chest. He was almost finished and he was happy for that. Though he kept his head bowed low, he was afraid that, like at home, if he looked at someone they would beat him up. So he just kept his eyes peeled to the floor as he hugged the book, he hoped to back to the gardens.

He made his way past someone large and he got a little timid. He quickly increased his pace hoping he was just being scared and someone really didn't want to beat him up.

¯``•• .¸¸.•´We can never be more different...

{OOC:...}

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:14 am
User Image
User Image
It should have taken Colton more than a set of passing footsteps to snap him from his reverie, but as they passed, they also increased in tempo, catching the interest of his subconscious.

Glancing up curiously, he was immediately aware of who he was watching. The hunched, timid walk of Lucas Frostmourne was easily recognizable.
"Hey! Hey, Lucas!" He began carefully, leaning forward slightly as he sat, not wanting to scare the boy more than he appeared to already be. "Do you have time to talk before your next class? I just wanted to ask you a few questions."

After speaking, Colton was reminded of the screaming images of Lucas in the boy's dormitory, and rushed to throw in all the details, knowing he'd have a better chance of keeping him calm if he could be trusted. "Look, it's about Roi, William Nott, and the...demon inside him," he spat, his words rushed now. "My friends and I—I Professor Halli—are trying to put it all together. We know they're all related in some way, and that's where you come in. I think you know a lot more than we think, so we need your help...if there's going to be any chance of putting a stop to this nonsense..." His voice sank away until it was less than a whisper.

Had he given away too much? Regardless, his only goal right now was to keep Lucas calm, and hope that he might admit what he knew, and if that was going to happen, honesty would clearly have to be in the picture.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 am

User Image
User Image
Seer
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: Painful horrible memories.
Mood: Timid
╚══════════════╝

Lucas tensed when he heard the familiar voice of Colton and he stopped walking. Finally he turned around to face the older boy and stared at him as he listened to the words the boy said. When he went quiet he looked down, avoiding his gaze and walked to the edge. Staring over the railing, clutching his book tightly.

After a few minutes he finally spoke, "I'm sorry, but I can't say it. It's too horrible. He turned my brother against me, and then did what I've been having to go through since elementary school... Bullied me, beat me up, even attacked my brother." He took a shaky breath as he held back the memories, the tears. He couldn't though and he burst into tears, again. His tears fell into the endless chasm that they stood over.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:13 pm
User Image
User Image
Colton was very surprised when Lucas didn't run, but kept his movements slow and predictable to avoid scaring him just in case. He couldn't help but find the boy's description of Roi uncannily familiar. Bullying, beating, attacking... he thought to himself, triggering some sort epiphany. Even though he hadn't actually spoke the words, thanks to Lucas, the puzzle was finally solved.

"Roi...is in...Tay?" He didn't mean for it to be a question, but suddenly everything was making sense. Roi wasn't a whole other person after all. He was the same person, just as the demon was. He was the demon...he was inside Tay.

The shock wasn't hidden on Colton's face at all as he scrambled to his feet, suddenly very aware of his surrounding, his thoughts, and everything else. His frosty gray eyes scanned Lucas' face, disturbed when he imagined Tay—or whatever was inside of him—putting this first year through the same things that he and his friends had gone through themselves.

"I—I'm so sorry, Lucas, but I have to go!" His words were little more than a rushed breath as he began pacing away from his fellow Gryffindor. "Don't worry about Roi anymore. I'll watch your back, but this will all be over soon! I promise!" And with that, he was running. Not towards the school, but away from it, a new-found excitement drilled into the features of his face.
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:24 pm

User Image
User Image
Seer
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: I was right, no one wants to be around me...
Mood: Sad.
╚══════════════╝

Through teary eyes he heard and watched the older boy leave. He looked down at the chasm again as he tried to pull himself together. He managed to stop crying but his feelings were still upset. Everyone kept wanting to protect him. That's what his brother was for, no he didn't want protection. He wanted friends, he was tired of everyone bullying him. He drew a shaky breath and quickly ran down the unsturdy bridge heading for the gardens. Maybe Belle would be there...

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:00 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Third Year, Slytherin Seeker
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

The end of the long school week had finally shrouded to a close, and blossomed with the prospect of the full blown weekend sprawling before them. As she crossed the suspended bridge, the chill of the September wind rustling through her hair as it clung to this side of the world before it circled, leaving them to embrace the frigidity of October to be. To her right, Devin Cloud strode alongside her. She had never quite taken much notice into the delicate curl of his blonde tresses, or the fashion in which they shrouded his eyes with an allure of mystery, or the way it always seemed to make her simply smile.

”I got an owl from my mum today,” Belle began, slowly, and easily. Slipping in so inconspicuously that not a ripple would quake to betray her. She licked her lips, collecting her thoughts and heaving in a silent breath of air. Her usual bright tenacity seemed a bit less vivid than usual. ”Mum’s bloody nuts, have I told you? Every day, it’s something different.

“This time, she sent me a key to my granmum’ and granda’s home in Spain, but they’ve been dead since I was six.”
She rolled her eyes exasperated, and with the shake of her head and a forceful laughter she continued. ”Bloody hells, she’s insane. Anyhow, how was your first week of classes?”

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Patience

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?.....
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you.....
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:41 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image
Devin Cloud
Third YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Devin walked beside the beautiful blonde, their path leading across the bridge, with his hands in his pockets. It was fairly cold out, but he wouldn't let the cold stop him from walking with the girl he has dreamed about repeatedly over the time that they have known each other. As they walked, she had said something about her mother, about how she was crazy, but sometimes Devin had a hard time believing it, but he had to. There was no other explanation for the behavior that Annabelle described so vividly. He couldn't even think of a motive for such a thing, but he didn't let these thoughts stay on his mind. He didn't want to think about the girl's mother like that. It felt to him like a sin; so he mentally swayed his mind from the subject. Instead, he thought about the way Annabelle's perfect hair tossled, and flipped through the chilly wind. It was truly a sight to behold. It seemed like something out of a story book. That's when she asked him the question, while he was in mid-thought.

"I must say it was very good. I seemed to have impressed some of them, which surprises me. I even got Rosier to notice me," he said jokingly, recollecting the past events. He actually got some kind of emotion out of the emotionally cold teacher, a feat that was just as hard as it sounds.

"And yourself?" he asked, flashing that warm smile at her once again. He really wondered if she ever got tired of seeing him smile. He couldn't imagine so, but it could most certainly happen.

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces