Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
[IC] =Meeki's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:12 pm
Bandit lurked outside of the forest. She had never been in there before but her sister had gone exploring, so why shouldn't she? It was certainly an alternative to being bored to tears. It seemed nothing held her interest or attention for too long.

Bandit thought she saw something move within the forest but as soon as she notcied it, it was gone. The only other sign of life was a winged foal that seemed to be eating berries from a bush just outside of the forest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:05 pm
[[This roleplay was simply too interesting not to post here in the teepee to keep permanently.]]

Meeki
Glamrock smiled contently as she nibbled on some grass in the clearing. It was a beautiful evening and she finally felt like she was back in control of her life. Her daughters were growing up beautifully and she imagined they were off playing somewhere or exploring. Of course, they could be bugging their father as well.

Glamrock started to chuckle but froze part way through. A deep chill came over her and her ears perked as if trying to catch a sound. She couldn't explain it but she felt like some evil force was nearby. Her body tingled with an icy chill and she looked around trying to find the cause.

Fidsah

A cold, deep voice rang out, "Well then, what have we here?" Stepping into the clearing, Atrocity shook his head. "A Unicorn. A downright stupid Unicorn." Atrocity glared at Glamrock, murder shining in his eyes. Muscles tightened and loosened in nearly unbridled rage as his eyes took in what he saw before him. "Your kind will never cease to amuse and anger me."

He dug at the ground, his wrath clearly evident. "Long have I waited to walk the earth again, and long has my rage gone unsated."

Meeki

Glamrock took a step back and her voice caught in the back of her throat. She could feel raw evil coming from this Soquili. What was wrong with him? What made him this way? So many thoughts echoed in her mind. He had a kind of horn coming from his head and wings unlike any she saw before and his tail... spikes were everywhere. Even his voice was enough to send a chill vibrating down her spine. She looked around to see if she was alone or if anyone would be able to come to her aid if needed.. when needed.

She could tell this Soquili was out to hurt. She scanned the area again hoping that her daughters were not nearby before turning back to the monster before her. "Wh..what do you want?" She asked, her voice barely that above a whisper and shaking nearly as much as her body.

Lucifer Force
A younger, golden foal sprang out from the bushes nearby, a ladybug the object of her interest. She giggled and frolicked, and just as the ladybug zoomed out of her line of sight, she saw her mother. Allure didn't see the larger, dangerous stallion and trotted to her mother.

"Momma! Momma, didju see? Didju see the lady--?" the foal stopped, seeing the fear in her mother's eyes. Blinking, Allure turned about and regarded the crimson stallion curiously.

Fidsah
Atrocity chuckled cruelly. "What do I want? Why, I want what you want. To fail, to die, to burn. Your hopes and dreams. I want those. Dashed, broken like waves on the beach." Atrocity took a step forward. "I want you to rue the day of your birth, my poor girl."

Fidsah
Atrocity glanced down. "Why, what have we here?" With a dark laugh, he took a step towards the youngling before him. Glancing at Glamrock, he asked, "Was this yours?"

Meeki
Glamrock nudged Allure behind her and whispered, "Baby girl, I want you to stay in the back and if I tell you to run.. I want you to run as fast as you can."

Glamrock turned to glare at the evil creature before her. "I do not.. want.. any of those things. I want to succeed, to live and to love. You cannot have my dreams and my hopes. They are mine to cherish.. not... not yours!" Glamrock tried to shield the foal from the evil creature, keeping her body in the middle, hoping the monster's focus would stay upon herself. "You should leave.. this place is not for.. your kind. You are not wanted here."

Meeki
A sharp cry came from the sky above and a hawk circled above the mother and daughter unicorn. Windfeather watched the Kalona with pure hatred. If he hurt either one of the females, he would claw his eyes out and have them for a snack.

Lucifer Force
The foal stood behind her mother, confused. "But... but momma! I can help! ...But I'll run if you run with me." she said quietly, eyeing the Kalona cautiously. If Momma said so, she would comply. But why would momma be afraid? She could take this big...big dummy! Any day!

At least momma's hawk was around. He could help too.

Fidsah
Tossing his head back, Atrocity laughed. The laugh had absolutely no good humor in it. "Knowing what you want now only makes it certain that by the time I'm done, you'll want what I said you'd want. Your daughter here presents an interesting opportunity to prove that. Should I take it now, or remember it for later?" Hearing the cry from above, Atrocity glanced up. "Mayhaps that's lunch I see?" he asked coldly. Shaking his horn he turned back to Glamrock.

"Not wanted, am I?" Atrocity's face turned into a deadly snarl. Bellowing at the mare, he asked, "WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME I AM NOT WANTED!? YOU DARE COMMAND ME!?" Shaking violently, Atrocity did what can only be described as calming down. "I'd like to see you remove me," he said quietly, coldly, muderously.

Meeki
Glamrock's eyes filled up with tears. How dare he threaten her beautiful daughter. How dare he come in and cause... such havok. How could such evil exist in this world? Glamrock looked up at the sky to her friend and he read her expression all too well. They were a good team, she and Windfeather.

The hawk swooped down and around the head of the Kalona, claws outstretched more in a defensive maneuver than offensive. He simply wanted to distract, it was not in his nature to hurt and the Kalona had not done anything physical to the unicorns yet.

Glamrock quickly turned to Allure. "Run, baby girl. Run like the wind. Mommy will be just behind you. Run!" Glamrock nudged Allure. She knew she was no match for this Kalona and truly felt that both she and her daughter were in grave danger.

Lucifer Force
Allure's eyes teared over as she began to take flight. "Yes momma... but be careful!" The foal glared long and hard at the stallion before dashing off as fast as she could through the brush. Momma would be okay. Momma was momma. She'd be okay...

Meeki
Glamrock took off after her daughter, keeping at a slower pace to make sure that Allure was always in front. If something were to happen, let it happen to herself.. anything to buy her baby more time.

Fidsah
Ignoring the winged pest in front of his face, Atrocity made sure that the two departing were followed every step of the way by his bellowing laughter. "RUN, COWARDS," he shouted after them. "JUST KNOW THAT NO MATTER WHERE YOU RUN, WHERE YOU HIDE, ATROCITY AWAITS."

Laughing quietly to himself, and feeling good after having inflicted such terror so easily, he turned to the bird. Tilting his horn down slightly, he asked, voice filled with malice, "Well, you going to hang around all day? Or do you have something else in mind?"

Lucifer Force
"Momma! Momma, we can make it! Don't worry!" the foal shouted back at her mother, still keeping an eye on the Kalona. Momma would make it, no matter what! Allure would make sure of that, if need be. She had no idea what she would do, but she would do something!

Allure turned back to the road ahead, making sure she wouldn't trip and fall, Glamrock keeping close behind. She would glance back periodically to see the crimson stallion, a tinge of fear in her eyes.

Meeki
Windfeather shot up into the air but remained near enough to watch the Kalona. He wanted to make sure that the demon did not follow the unicorns. "Unlike you, I have better things to do with my time than harass a defensless mare and her foal."

Once they had made some distance and she noticed the evil creature had stayed behind Glamrock slowed down to a trot. She would never get that evil laughter out of her mind.

"Allure, we can slow down now," she whispered to the foal before walking over to nuzzle her. She was trying to hold back the tears that were still forming and finding it difficult. What an evil creature that was. "Are you alright, baby girl? I'm sorry if I scared you. That.. was a very bad Soquili. Promise me that if you ever see him around again, you will run away from him. Do not approach him. Do not speak to him. Promise me."

Lucifer Force
Allure stopped immediately, catching her breath and turning about to approach her mother. She sighed and blinked back tears, stilling at her mother's touch. "Yes Momma. I won't go near him, I promise. Did he hurt you?"

She looked Glamrock over to check and see if she was okay. The last thing she wanted was her mother to be hurt.

Fidsah
Answering the mass of feathers above him with nothing but a smug chuckle, Atrocity watched the direction the two had ran off in. "There'll be more where that came from, bird, and you won't be there for all of it. And even if you are..."

Atrocity turned and and walked off, in search of other prey.

Meeki
Glamrock smiled at her foal. It was so endearing the way the little one cared for her in return. How she loved her daughter so much. "No, I am not hurt, Allure." Not physically, anyway she thought. "Not all Soquili are good hearted like us. Some.. some are bad. We need to stay away from the bad ones. Come on, let's go find a place to sleep for the night. What an.. adventure we have to tell your sister and father tomorrow." Glamrock looked behind her just in time to catch the monstrous Soquili leaving. She let out a sigh and lead Allure over to a crop of trees to sleep for the night.

Windfeather did not care what the demon did to the other Soquili as as long as he did not harm Glamrock and her daughters. With a sharp cry to let Glamrock know all was well, he flew over to perch in a tree above them. Though he was willing to protect them with his life, he was happy to know that it wouldn't be needed tonight. He was rather fond of living.

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:07 am
"Oh, I really don't like that idea." Yei confessed delicately as she crept forward to join his side and shook her head, "I don't like the idea of our entire lives being laid out in front of us, that all our choices are made for us." She gave a small smile and turned her azure gaze towards the grey stallion who seemed to have relaxed in her presence by now.

"It would mean that everything we did would be pointless because every choice we made was already determined and therefore not our own...it would be like we were puppets." She mused, vaguely recounting the little dolls in Achak's Teepee that had the odd threads attached to their limbs.

"It would take the fun out of life." She pointed out at last and released a chuckle, "And to be entirely honest, I believe life is about discovery and that's why it's so interesting - the diversity of the events that occur to every being in the world are so extensive that I doubt any being could spend their days continually plotting our ascent or descent." She finished and then released a sigh.

"Sorry about that, you have full permission to head butt me if I start off down a rabbit trail." She added as an after thought.

---

"The mountains do indeed look intimidating from a distance and their ascent is not an easy one but if there is one thing I am certain of, it is that you should not fear them." Achak smiled as she explained where she had located the turquoise and for a while he remained silent as he allowed his mind to wander.

"For example, there are many caves within the mountains that hold treasures while the rivers have the habit of spitting out gold." He confessed with a shake of his head, his eyebrow quirked as he recalled the brief glint of gold in which he had seen within the river yet he hadn't taken the chance to fish it out.

"These sights should be seen and revered, not cause reason to be scared - if you would like, I would be glad to guide you at some point."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:45 pm
"I don't think the choices are made for us, just laid out for us. It's our choice on what to do. Take the right path? The wrong path? Everything is there. There's always the right thing and the wrong thing to do. The choice we make always has a reaction. If we make a mistake, we can learn from it. I don't see how it makes anything pointless because we don't know what's going to happen. It's still an adventure while we are living it, even if it may be part of a bigger picture. Something far bigger and greater than anyone has imagined."

Whisper closed his eyes and smiled. "It's like a river, I think Yei. Have you ever seen one? It always has a place to go, a course and path already laid out yet the water always changes. It can be slow and calm at one point and before you know it, it's rough and wild. It can split up at certain points and one could always be the safer path while the other lead to rapids and waterfalls. You never know what's around the next bend though the river knows where it leads. I see it as exciting and interesting, not pointless and less fun. I don't think it changes anything at all. I think we are just in a river of life and we all have a place that we will end up, that may be pre-decided. We just have our choices and decisions to make as we journey there. I think it may just change our journey a bit along the way." Whisper shrugged a shoulder and cocked his head back. He was used to others having different opinions than him but it didn't change the way he thought and believed. It was a little disappointing though.

"It doesn't matter really. I'm going to go grab a bite to eat, there's a nice apple tree not too far from the clearing. You're welcome to join me if you want... unless of course, you have something better to do," Whisper asked. As if in response, a grumble sputtered forth from his stomach.

--------

"It would be interesting to see what could be found in the mountains. Perhaps things that could be used in jewelry making. Oh! I have only seen gold once in my life. It seemed to shine when the sun hit it. It would be nice to get some of that and see what could be done with it. There's so much beauty in this world and so much more yet to be discovered."

Meeki smiled at Achak's invite but was still quite intimidated by the mountains. It took her a long time to muster up the courage to conquer her fears. She didn't know why they were so hard for her. "I would like that.. one day, Achak. You have been most kind to me. I wish I could return it. Perhaps I can make you something? A necklace perhaps?"  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:37 pm
Yei held back the urge to point out rather teasingly that she had seen a river before and instead gave him a nudge to let him know she would follow him to his apple tree, whatever an 'apple' might be for she had never seen one before.

"A river is perhaps, not the right analogy to use," She began at last, giving him a gaze that neither degraded his words which she understood to be his belief but did point out that she was a little wiser than her ditzy exterior let on, "I say that because a river cuts it's own path, it does not follow out one that is set for it." She pointed out gently and offered a small smile.

"I guess you see it more in the mountains, where the water tears away at the rock beneath and around it so that it might find another route down the mountainside." She confessed at last, "But it is there and they do not adhere to a set course...I guess a better analogy would be," She paused thoughtfully and then lifted her hoof as she caught sight of a little troop of ants, each heading in an orderly fashion across the forest floor.

"Ants." She said finally.

---

"I fear I would break a necklace in my continual rummagings across the forest floors and rugged lands of the slopes." He smiled doggedly and then glanced towards the delicate wrist band that had caught his attention before when she had first revealed her art to him - it definately looked to be more masculine and suitable to him.

"Perhaps one such as that instead." He mused as he pointed towards it before sitting back once more, "But I will only receive such a thing when I have done as I offered, not before as that would be dishonourable." He added, raising a brow at her outburst in relation to gold.

"Next time I will be sure to retrieve it for you." He assured.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:41 pm
Whisper started walking to the nearest exit from the forest. The things Yei said gave him much to think about but something in his heart wanted to believe that everyone has a purpose and that everything happened for a reason. It might not be something Yei found reassuring.. well it was obvious that she didn't like that concept but he did. They would just have to agree to disagree.

"But that's the thing, I think it does follow the path set out for it. Otherwise the water would spread flat upon the ground and flood the land. The river has been there long before we were ever born and the two leggers came to this land, so who's to say that the land was not already like that and the path was already set before the great mother filled it up?" Whisper added before shrugging again. "But like I said, it doesn't really matter. I guess it's one of those things we'll never really know."

Whisper spotted the forest exit and grinned. "It's not that far from here. I can almost taste the apples now," he called back before dashing off at full speed. He wondered how fast the lovely mare could run.

((It takes a very long time for water to erode rocks and such. Some crevices, canyons, river paths, lake beds, etc have been eroded by water are millions of years old. I don't think Soquili or Indians would really know that water could do that since the rivers were already there long before their time and in their lifespan they wouldn't really see a real change at all. Native americans usually had beliefs on how rivers, mountains came into existance, many involving the earth, sun, animals or even moon. In no way did I mean for Whisper to come out sounding stupid or anything. I just want him to have that circle of life, everything works together and has a purpose kind of spiritual and innocent belief.))

----

Meeki smiled at the man. He really seemed to have such a sweet soul. "Couldn't you accept the wrist band as a token of friendship and a thank you gift for keeping a boring woman company? It's not often I get visitors or can even show things I made. I would truly be very happy if you would accept one. Then perhaps you could have another or I could make something for your beautiful mare in return for your guiding me through the mountains one day?"  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:22 am
Bandit nearly jumped back as a silvery stallion charged out of the forest to the far left of her. He seemed to be heading towards the clearing. "Wonder what his hurry is," Bandit mumbled to herself. Perhaps something.. was chasing him?

Bandit took a closer look at the forest and thought she saw a dash of red behind a group of trees. Her eyes really seemed to be playing tricks on her today. Mustering up the courage, she finally walked up to the forest and entered it.

The first thing she noticed was that it was impossible to keep quiet. Even though she tried to avoid stepping on the twigs and sticks, the snapping of them would happen with every step.

CCRaaaaaaaaaaaaCK

The more she tried to avoid making the noise, the more it seemed to happen! With a snort she decided to hell with it and just walked normally, no longer caring about the noise she may make in the process.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:07 am
//Erosion happens a lot quicker in the mountainsides as you can watch the tiny streams beat and at the soil surfaces, seeing as Yei is from the Mountains she would be more familiar with the erosion even if she didn't know what it was.

Perfectly understandable that Whisper wouldn't have seen it as it takes a lot longer further on down. 3nodding //

Yei simply smiled as the silver stallion galloped off, she knew her views were odd and perhaps unbelievable but she had seen it with her eyes. That wasn't to say that she didn't believe that the Great Mother had nothing to do with it, for it was she who gave everything life and it was only logical that she would give the water it's energy...She released a sigh and shook her head, she supposed he was right in the sense that no one would ever really know the truth behind how the water acted as it did, or anything else for that matter.

Nevertheless, as she gathered her strengths to propel herself after the silvery stallion she faltered briefly and flicked her ears towards the loud crack that rippled through the forest at such an odd intensity despite the general hubbub within the trees.

"Hmm." She shook her head and then, with a laugh darted forward after the stallion who would soon, introduce her to the delightful thing he referred to as 'apples'!

---

"I think Yei would very much appreciate something, she would probably make more use of any gift she received much better than I." He grinned boyishly as if to emphasize that he was terribly clumsy when it came to trinkets and thus, it might have explained why he lacked any form of decoration about himself - in fact, even the leather of his trousers appeared to have torn, you could tell there was no woman to take care of him.

Eventually though, he did lean back and, with a small sigh he carefully considered her offer as well as his mother's words which revolved around accusations of being rude and insulting, "I disagree with you when you claim to be so boring but if it will make you feel content then I will accept your gift."

Yay for years of indoctrination by his mother!

Epine de Rose

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:14 am
Whisper tossed his head back and grinned as Yei followed. At first she seemed further back but when he turned to look again, she was closer. Perhaps her smaller frame gave her an advantage.. or perhaps he just wasn't very fast. He charged forward as a rush came over him and the apple trees were just in sight.

He slowed down as he came nearer to them and stopped a few feet away. He looked around on the ground for any ripe apples but most appeared to have bruises from the fall. Whisper reared up on his hind legs and plucked a nice looking apple from a branch and dropped it on the ground nearby. He repeated the process a few more times so that he and Yei could have a couple apples each. What a sweet treat they could be.

Turning he nudged a couple of the apples to Yei's direction. "They are very tasty," he assured her.

---------

Meeki smiled. "Well then, I will definately accept your invitation to guide me so that I can see the mountain you speak of so fondly." She walked over and picked out the band he had admired. Kneeling beside Achak, she clasped the band around his wrist, blushing faintly.

"What a nice fit. It's almost perfect!" she exclaimed happily. She pulled herself up and went back to her rock, absently brushing off the dirt that clung stubbornly to her dress.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:04 pm
Prancing around in the forest, apparently, Chitsa had decided to take a detour before going back to the teepee. Plus, she didn't hear Sisika's ear-piercing voice through the forest so she was probably safe for now. The foal looked around curiously wondering if there was anybody around. She was bored to death even though she had just met another soquili awhile ago. Nothing kept her attention span long unless it talked.  

AnimeChickie

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:31 pm
Scar stepped away from the berry patch.. if it could even be called one. It was rather sparse. It didn't bother him that a large stallion and a red mare darted past him towards the clearing. Nor did it bother him that the black and white mare was scuttling about as if she thought no one knew she was there. It seemed no one cared where he was or what he was doing and that was fine by him.

Scar wasn't sure what to do. Should he go back to the clearing and continue to learn to fly? Or should he venture towards the mountains or enter the forest? The river might be an interesting option. He found it relaxing to watch the fish swim about. Before he was able to make a decision however, he caught sight of another young Soquili. She was a little smaller than him and had wings that were similare to the one he met the other day that was a high flyer. He wasn't very fond of females. They had cooties afterall.

Scar galloped over to the young filly and stated quite assuredly, "You have to pay a toll to pass through my land. Four berries is the going rate but since your a girl, I'll make it six."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:41 pm
The tiny little foal didn't even notice Scar a few feet away from her until he spoke. Raising a brow slightly at him, she summed him up. He didn't seem that tough. Who was he to be demanding pay from her? That was absolutely rediculous.

As he spoke, Chitsa only blinked rapidly and stared at Scar blankly. How odd... "Ah hem. Pardon me for asking. How is this your land? And why does me being a girl make a difference how much I pay?" Wow. He seemed like quite a character. She wasn't quite the soquili to judge others but it was hard not to say Scar seemed extremely arrogant and rude.

AnimeChickie

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:00 pm
Scar trotted around the smaller female rather boldly. "This is my land because I have said so and I was here before you 'cuz I spotted you first!" Scar couldn't help but feel quite plain against the uniquely colored female. She reminded him of something but he couldn't quite place it.

"Don't girls know anything? You have to pay more because of the cooties. We risk getting sick by being around you so the least you could do is pay extra berries. I probably have cooties already." Scar snorted and wrinkled his nostrils. Girls were so weird. Didn't they know anything? "Well, are you going to pay up or what?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:14 pm
Chitsa continued to blink rapidly at Scar. What an odd soquili. No. Odd wasn't the word. He was more... arrogant then odd. "'Cus I spotted you first' is going to be your excuse? I don't see your name written anywhere on it. Do you even have a name?" She was willing to bet that he didn't have one.

Chitsa was taken aback at his reason for charging her more because she was a girl. "Well now. I hope I give you a whole mess of cooties then." Hmph. How nice he was. "And of course I'm not going to pay. And if you'll excuse me, then I'll be quick when I'm on 'your' land." She couldn't help but add a little sarcasm to the end of her sentence.

Gliding past him quickly, unfortunately Chitsa's wings still weren't strong enough to support her body weight. It would be so much easier if she could fly...

AnimeChickie

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:34 pm
Scar blinked at the question. "Of course I have a name. It's a good name. The best name. Better than any girl name, that's for sure." Hmmph. He always knew he didn't like girls and this was why! They were just so complicating.

"Fine, you can pass on my land for free. You probably couldn't find any berries anyway since I ate them all." Scar stated before quickly adding, "You can keep your cooties too!" He really didn't want to catch any cooties. He hated being sick.

Scar followed a few feet behind the female foal. "My name is Scar. Now that you know mine, you'll have to tell me yours."

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff