Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Whizz Hard Books ~ Open! (Now Hiring!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageNicole Cherri User Image

Nicole gave him a grateful smile while the children beamed and raced to find the so-called children section with their mother right behind them. A couple minutes later found Tim sitting in a secluded corner with a book on color theory while Tanya was in a squishy chair with an old worn version of Tales of the Beedle and the Bard. After giving them both kisses to their foreheads the woman walked towards the back of the store into the office of Gearvin Whitethorn-so said the door plate-and sat in a chair in front of the imposing desk feeling her nervousness rise.

Wearing: Interview With: Tanya and Tim Feeling: Nervous
Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:04 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne
Owner of Whizz Hard Books

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin had settled himself down behind his desk and folded his hands before him on the desk. He watched the woman settle himself down as he picked up the application that had been sent to him. "Miss Nicole Cherri, correct? I am Gearvin Whitethorne, owner of this establishment. I see you have applied to the receptionist position, correct?" He looked at her directly, eyes curious and calm. "Do you happen to have any experience with the position? What can you tell me of it?"

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Serene
OOC: ...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Nicole swallowed down her insecurity before nodding slowly. "I worked at Slugg and Jiggers when I was still getting though my Potion Mistress registry and handled any and all paperwork that the older men couldn't handle. I worked that post for three years and then worked it part-time another two before I had to quit due to Tanya's pregnancy and birth. While I worked there I handled order forms, shipments, pays, inventory, cataloging, invoices, set up meetings, ect. I made sure everything about the store was running smoothly." she said all this with the smallest hint of pride.

Wearing: Interview With: Tanya and Tim Feeling: Nervous
Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:32 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin nodded as he thought about what Nicole said. "Well Miss Cherri, the duties here are similar. You shall be expected to greet people, answer questions, send messages, and the like. It would be much like your previous employment, though we deal in publishing instead of potions." He studied her for a moment before he thought of his next question. "I take it you have experience with potential customers and answering questions they may have?"

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC: Sorry about the late post XP

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Nicole smiled inwardly relieved that she passed the first step of inspection before she became uncomfortable with his stare but resisted the urge to fidget. Fidgeting meant weakness and she couldn't allow herself to show it, not when she had strong for her children. So she sat up straighter as another question was asked and answered with honesty. "Yes sir I do. I was even used as a reference guide for whichever potions or potion ingredients that the customer needed." her hands began to unconsciously twirl her garnet ring on her right hand.

Wearing: Interview With: Tanya and Tim Feeling: Nervous OOC: Lol it's fine. It's actually pretty lucky I'm on this late XD

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:56 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin nodded, satisfied with her answers. He was certainly happy to finally have someone in the position, especially since the last applicant had been... less than satisfactory. He let a small smile grace his features for a moment, then tuen back down into a frown. "Miss Cherri, I do not see any problem with your employment here, though I do suggest you find a minder for your children. Other than that, you seem to be a good fit for the position. I will advise you that here, we have a very strict policy regarding behavior and dress, both of which are professional. Should you do something that I find warrants dismissal, I shall do so, without warning. However, I do generally give warnings regarding minor issues." He thought for a moment, before standing and offering his hand for a firm handshake. "Welcome to Whizz Hard Books. There will of course be a probationary period, though I doubt you will have any issues with that. When can you start?"

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC: And another late post XD

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Nicole gave a small bright smile at hearing the position was hers while inside she was practically leaping with joy. She had found a job! She nodded amicably when suggested that she find a sitter for her children, she would post a wanting in the Daily Prophet right away. As she stood to politely shake the offered hand her smile brightened a few watts. "If not for my children I would say today, but the most agreeable time slot would have to be either tomorrow or the day after. I have someone in mind that could watch them until I find someone more permanent."

Wearing: Interview With: Tanya and Tim and my new boss Feeling: Estatic OOC: Lol! Better late than never cx

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:42 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin nodded to Nicole. "Well then, Miss Cherri, I will see you the day after tomorrow. That way, you may get things situated and be sure that you can come to work without difficulties." He walked around his desk and gestured with one hand out the door. "Have a pleasant day."

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC: Congrats. It would have been a lot sooner, but my time's pretty split.

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Nicole thanked Mr. Whitethorne -her new boss, she just can't get over it!- and walked out the office to find her two children either slumped over a small table (Tanya) or still bunched together with their nose in a book (Tim). She chuckled seeing her napping girl and gently shook her awake while she put back all the books she had taken and got her son's attention. "Where are we going now?" he signed towards her making her smile and happily said back "I was thinking to the Leaky Cauldron for some lunch and then that new sweets shop before we head home. How's that?" she laughed quietly at his silent cheer and how excitedly he woke his sister to tell the good news. Her smile turned sad as she looked at her small family; this is how family should be. How they should've been.
Damn her husband to the 2nd circle of Hell.

Wearing: Interview | With: Tanya and Tim and my new boss | Feeling: Estatic | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Nicole walked back into the bookstore feeling more composed and confident than when she first had. Her reasoning was because she already had the job that she could afford to at least strut, but found it hard to after years of abuse and put-downs by her ex-husband. She sighed and nervously fiddled with her business pony tail before straightening and walking towards the back and knocking on Mr. Whitethorne's door. "I'm here for my first day, sir." she said meekly.

Wearing: Work | With: Gearvin Whitethorne | Feeling: Nervous | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin stretched inside of his office. He certainly felt much better than he had last week, though itching to get back to work. At least now he knew better than to leave his wand laying on his desk, he mused. He heard the knock on his door and frowned. Had he hired someone while he was Imperioused? Well, that was the question now, wasn't it. He walked over to the door and opened it, blinking in surprise as he was face to face with a dark-skinned woman who seemed well-dressed. He wracked his mind desperately for a name to go with the face, but he came up short. Of course asking it would seem highly unprofessional, but he knew literally nothing about the woman. "Welcome back. I see you are ready for the day to begin. You understand what your duties entail, do you not?" He was definitely going to have to go through his personnel files to figure out who she was and what her duties entailed.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Confused
OOC: Sorry about the confusion with this post. When Nicole was hired, Gearvin was technically imperioused and wasn't in control of his actions. He won't turn her out of a job if she's good at it, but for the moment, he doesn't know what happened in his own shop over the last school year.

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Nicole nodded with a small smile on her face but not without noticing something slightly...off. She wasn't sure exactly what it was, the older man was still dressed impeccably, still spoke crisp and clear, but there was something missing. Or rather, something was back that had been missing. Oh bother now she's confused herself. "Yes sir, I saw there was a small pile of paperwork waiting on the desk out front. I'll start with sorting through that and anything else that needs adjusting." With a slight nod in his direction Nicole walked away from his office with her heels clicking softly against the floor before she stopped at the desk and sat down immediately reading through everything before meticulously sorting into piles.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Books | With: Boss | Feeling: Confussed | OOC: Ooooh! I think I read that back in an Alley....anyhoo. Should be fun to make him try and remember stuff, lol

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin left the woman to her work and walked over to his desk. Flicking his wand, he unlocked the drawer that held all of the files for his employees. He noted one that he remembered firing shortly before the incident, and another that he didn't even remember firing. He frowned as he recalled it was the squib that he hired last year. Well, that accounted as to why he didn't remember seeing him at all. The next one he noted was for a Nicole Cherri. Ah, so that was the mystery person he saw earlier. He read through her application and resume. So, she's the new receptionist? He decided to at least give the b*****d who did this to him some credit, as he at least gave Gearvin enough of a mind to manage his shop effectively.

Going through some of the things on his desk, he frowned. Anti-muggle and anti-squib paraphanelia being printed? He certainly didn't authorize any of this. He sneered, anger building up toward the now dead man. Well, Varren had better be glad he was dead, as Gearvin was tempted to tear the other man apart for what happened. Sighing, he let some of that anger go. There was no reason for it, and being angry at a dead man would not restore his lost year.

He slammed his desk drawer closed a little harder than necessary and decided that he needed a drink. Standing suddenly, he walked out toward the reception desk.
"You will have to forgive me, but I cannot focus at the moment. I am going to get something from the Leaky Cauldron. Would you like anything while I am out?" He was not going to let Nicole know the reason for his sudden agitation, as that was definitely unbecoming for a man of his position.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Nicole jumped slightly in her chair as she head a muffled slam and looked around the mostly empty store for the cause. She had been so absorbed in her work she barely noticed anything else, but it wasn't like it was easy. Bills left nearly unpaid, notices that needed consideration, books that had yet to even be edited, and don't even get her started on spelling! She was currently writing out statements authors who's books she was re-editing when Gearvin came out in a huff. Her eyes widened slightly as he asked her if she wanted anything while he was out and Nicole shook her head mutely still getting used to being alone with another person, especially a male. "N-no sir, I'm fine with my t-tea from this morning." she prided herself in the only slight stutter in her voice.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Books | With: Boss | Feeling: Nervous | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:53 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin nodded at Nicole. He then realized that he must look something of a fright, all because of the state he was in. Trying to think of anything to say that would excuse his sudden mood was nearly impossible, however, as no reason would be good enough. It was bad enough that there was someone that had completely unmade him, but to let people know about it was foolhardy at best. "Well then, I shall be back in a bit." Leaving it at that, he made his way out of the shop, trusting that the woman would at least keep an eye on things until he returned.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items