Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Rejected Olympics - PAINTBALLZ!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:04 pm
I actually like though how we all get dumped into the main town. It does make it easier to find people you know.

Now I'm starting to have problems loading unfortunately. As expected would happen.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:05 pm
Ned-san

Hehe, I'm no easy target... ninja

Its ok. I got a few of you wink

Not sure if it means anything, but it normally registers my hit better when I walk towards a person. Maybe you have to be facing them? Also curious if we're allowed to hit the imp instead.

Highest Score at the moment is 14. You?  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:12 pm
Kyuui Kiwi
Ned-san

Hehe, I'm no easy target... ninja

Its ok. I got a few of you wink

Not sure if it means anything, but it normally registers my hit better when I walk towards a person. Maybe you have to be facing them? Also curious if we're allowed to hit the imp instead.

Highest Score at the moment is 14. You?

Yeah, proximity does seem to help. Also, to avoid lag you need to be selective about your shots. Make sure you only make one sure shot when you know you can, and you'll be able to move a lot freer. I don't think it shows other people's shots, so it's your shots that really count on the lag.

My high score is still 10, from my first game. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:14 pm
Ned-san
Yeah, proximity does seem to help. Also, to avoid lag you need to be selective about your shots. Make sure you only make one sure shot when you know you can, and you'll be able to move a lot freer. I don't think it shows other people's shots, so it's your shots that really count on the lag.

My high score is still 10, from my first game. crying

Lol I should probably stop being so "trigger-happy" and spam clicking rolleyes  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Exactly, lol. And I think you gain 2 points for hitting someone and lose 1 for getting hit. That's the way it seems anyways.. sort of hard to tell since you can't see when you're getting hit, but I do see my score drop a point sometimes. So moving around probably is a good idea!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:30 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Exactly, lol. And I think you gain 2 points for hitting someone and lose 1 for getting hit. That's the way it seems anyways.. sort of hard to tell since you can't see when you're getting hit, but I do see my score drop a point sometimes. So moving around probably is a good idea!

Went to test chrome on a mule to see if it would be faster. Easy to say, any team but Durem would pwn lmao. I got a 20 on the first game on Aekea. There's just soooo many people to hit. emotion_awesome

And yeah, you lose a point every time you get hit.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:34 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Went to test chrome on a mule to see if it would be faster. Easy to say, any team but Durem would pwn lmao. I got a 20 on the first game on Aekea. There's just soooo many people to hit. emotion_awesome

And yeah, you lose a point every time you get hit.

Yeah, I really wish people would spread out. I'm getting better. Now have a 14 on Durem. The lag is definitely the part that kills, because in the short time frame we have the cursor is just dragging so long by the time the laggy cursor moves to your target you've already run out of time!

The only thing that doesn't lag is the timer, which is not fair.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:40 pm
Ned-san

Yeah, I really wish people would spread out. I'm getting better. Now have a 14 on Durem. The lag is definitely the part that kills, because in the short time frame we have the cursor is just dragging so long by the time the laggy cursor moves to your target you've already run out of time!

The only thing that doesn't lag is the timer, which is not fair.

Ikr? Do you think they'll be able to fix the lag like they did the towns?

yep, the cursor is pretty annoying. So much potential but no points x.x  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Neddog

Distinct Perfectionist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:43 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Ikr? Do you think they'll be able to fix the lag like they did the towns?

yep, the cursor is pretty annoying. So much potential but no points x.x

I hope they can do something about that lag. Perhaps they'll figure out a way to shift people on different servers around more effectively.

You're right though, Aekea is SO much easier! It was even quite a lot less laggy on Aekea for me as well. I had to introduce lag myself by over-shooting, but on Durem I couldn't do anything due to lag.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:49 pm
Okay, now I'm getting serious, as you can tell by my avi. lol. Although, now the server is not loading, after I get myself steeled and prepared. *sigh*  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:01 pm
*sigh* They need to allow us Duremites to hit people more than once or make it so you can hit people on any team. I've actually gotten good enough at this game that I can hit everyone on the screen once and not get hit once, but even that doesn't allow me to get a 20, since the ratio of Durem members is just too high. My max is still 14...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 pm
Ned-san
*sigh* They need to allow us Duremites at least to hit people more than once. I've actually gotten good enough at this game that I can hit everyone on the screen once and not get hit once, but even that doesn't allow me to get a 20, since the ratio of Durem members is just too high.

Yeah, and it doesn't help that our own team is stacked upon other people so I can't hit them. T^T.

You little froggy! I'm acutally pleasantly surprised I have an "I am" item. I honestly didn't think I had one. Had to go through my whole invo to find this confused  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:06 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Yeah, and it doesn't help that our own team is stacked upon other people so I can't hit them. T^T.

You little froggy! I'm acutally pleasantly surprised I have an "I am" item. I honestly didn't think I had one. Had to go through my whole invo to find this confused

Haha, and it's so cute!

The frog hasn't upped my score though. I got 14 once in my normal form, then once in the frog form. There aren't enough people to get a higher score, but it's true that I don't ever get hit and lose points as the frog... so it does help. wink

Too bad I don't still have my old bat item from Halloween 2k7. xD That was the best.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:10 pm
The best strategy I'm finding so far is to rush at your opponent and hit him close, then move on to the next opponent. This seems to reduce lag, as well as keeping yourself moving so you don't get hit. Standing in one spot to hit multiple opponents in a long shot makes the game laggiest and you'll quickly run out of time before you can hit everyone. In this way I can do the best that can be expected - hit everyone on the screen without getting hit. But that's still not enough points on Durem, lol.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:10 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Haha, and it's so cute!

The frog hasn't upped my score though. I got 14 once in my normal form, then once in the frog form. There aren't enough people to get a higher score, but it's true that I don't ever get hit and lose points as the frog... so it does help. wink

Too bad I don't still have my old bat item from Halloween 2k7. xD That was the best.

I lied. I do have the froggy. Gonna copy you. lol Even if we don't get 20s, at least we won't lose points trying!  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff