Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
[IC] =Nel's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:29 pm
April 4, 2006

Valeria
Spirit Sprite walks through one of the many clearings he had discovered in his travels away from his two-legger's teepee. Tania bounced through the grass behind him, the mountain lioness' tail the only thing showing up above the long grass around them.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku snorted as he bent his head down to sniff the mountain lion tracks he'd just spotted, golden feather fluttering in his mane. The pair of matching feathers in his tail rustled slightly as he swished it back and forth. Standing straight once more, his ears pricked as he saw a Soquili stallion.

Seiei
[ Chu'mana was busy chasing after Mingan who had taken intrest in lifting his head, putting it down, then running off. His silly little game was begining to annoy her. She sighed and continued following the little wolf. Up,down,side to side. ]

Valeria
Spirit Sprite looked over his shoulder, attempting to see if Tania was able to keep up with his brisk pace. His eyes landed on the stallion that stood a few feet away, and he nickered a bit, sort of a welcome I mean no harm type of nicker. Tania skittered to a stop, almost colliding with Spirit Sprite's legs, then tried to see what he saw.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku whinnied back before trotting briskly forward, tossing his head occasionally at the unfamiliar feel of the feather fluttering next to his ear. The bracelets and feathers in his tail weren't too hard to get used to, but something fluttering next to your ear tends to be unsettling at first. With a soft snort he stopped a few feet a way, nostrils flaring at a familiar scent. He turned his head one way and another, wondering where she was.

Seiei
[ Chu'mana just eyed Mingan watching him sit. She trotted up behind him and peered around looking for movement or what Mingan was looking for. She looked down at him. "What were you looking at...?" She squinted as she looked at him untill he turned into a little blob of grey. ]

Valeria
Spirit Sprite blinked, ears pricking at the sounds approaching them through the grasses. He wasn't sure whether he was about to be attacked by whatever this other stallion was looking for or not, and he wasn't sure he wanted to find out. He scooted backwards a couple steps, ears flat against his head as he looked around wildly. Tania, perplexed by Spirit's sudden change, shrugged and bounced into the grass, heading towards the other noises.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku immediately felt chagrined for alarming the other stallion. He'd been raised to be polite, and looking for someone else before even introducing himself was the height of rudeness. "I'm sorry sir, I simply sense a friend in the area and thought it might be nice if we could all chat together." Raising his head, he let out a loud whinny. "Chu'mana? You around?"

Valeria
Spirit Sprite blinks, looking over at Helaku for a moment before walking closer again. "Sorry.. I'm a bit.... easily startled by sudden movements and noises from other Soquili... I guess that comes from being the only one being cared for by a two-legger and the teepee being so far from everyone else. I'm Spirit Sprite. The mountain lion you saw earlier is my familiar, Tania."

Seiei
[ Chu'mana jumped a little hearing her name. "Pipe down I'm right here..." She wiggled her ears trying to get the loud out. Poking out from just to the side of Helaku. Her eyes lit up as she saw Helaku. "Her there!" She turned her head and saw another Stallion. "Why Hello! I'm Chu'mana. And you might be...? ]

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku grinned sheepishly. "Sorry for being a bit loud, I just wasn't sure exactly where you were at. Good to see you again." Turning his head slightly he nodded to the other stallion. "And I'm Helaku. 'Tis nice to meet you, and I apologize for the misunderstanding."

Valeria
Spirit Sprite smiled slightly at Chu'Mana, then nodded to Helaku. "It's alright... As I said, I'm a bit of a scaredy-soquili." Glancing back at Chu'Mana, he bowed his head to her. "I'm Spirit Sprite. It's nice to meet you, Chu'Mana."

Tania came bounding out of the grass next to Spirit Sprite, ending up standing under the soquili she was bonded to.

Seiei
[ Chu'mana glanced between the two and with a smile and moved a little closer. "So, what brings you guys to..." She looked around. Where had Mingan brought her? "Where ever we are?" SHe blinked a few times. She'd never really been LOST before. ]

Valeria
Spirit Sprite blinks, then shrugs slightly. "I was just out wandering. If I intruded in anyone's territory, I do apologize for that."

Tania leapt up, now behind Spirit Sprite, attempting to swat at his short tail.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku's ears flicked back. Now that he thought about it, where were they? He'd not wandered this far before... "I was wandering again, but I think I've gotten a tad lost..." He grinned at Chu'mana. "But with some help it shouldn't be too hard at all to figure out where we are."

Seiei
[ Chu'mana smiled at the two. "Well this is..." She was at a lose for words. Never had there been TWO males around her at once. "Pleasant." She tossed her mane in hesitation to say any more. She blinked at Helaku. "What if we DON'T find our way back though?" SHe was worried and needed something to make her neel better. ]

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku hesitated a moment, then gave her shoulder a light reassuring bump with his nose. "We'll find our way back. I'll make sure of it. I didn't grow up in the woods without knowing a thing or two about finding my way back."

Valeria
Spirit Sprite blinks again, then smiles a bit. "We're actually not too far from my two-legger's teepee. We could head there, unless you two don't like two-leggers?"

samus x
Rahu was out and about in a foul mood as always. nothing seemed to even remotely interest him. after walking about bored, he came across a small group of soquili. a grin came across his face and figured he might have a bit of 'fun' with this group. starting his way over, he made sure to stay quiet but knew they would most likey see him eventualy.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Suddenly Helaku's ears flattened to his head. He smelled another Soquili, and it didn't smell friendly. If it was a Kalona, he'd rip it to shreds before he let it harm a friend of his. "Something's here."

Meeki
Chaos galloped into the clearing from the direction of the forest. He loved how the wind felt through his long hair. He was in a particularly good mood this afternoon, which was very rare for the brooding stallion. Once he reached his destination he slowed to a near stop and began to survey the other inhabitants of the area.

Seiei
[ Chu tremembled lightly. "This 'Lost' Idea is terrible!" She shuttered at the thought of being lost forever, never seeing the crystal water she knew. She looked at Hel. "What was that?" ]

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku whirled towards the sound of yet something else coming, legs stiff. Seeing it was Chaos, he relaxed...slightly. There was still the matter of the hostile-smelling Soquili that hadn't yet revealed itself. "Greetings, Chaos," he called.

Valeria
Spirit Sprite also smelled something and started looking around slowly. He spotted Chaos and blinked, backing away again. He definetly didn't know this strage soquili with the large horn coming from his forehead. Had never met a unicorn soquili before in his life until now. It seemed Helaku knew this stallion, but Spirit had the feeling there was another one close by, lurking in the shadows of the trees closest to them.

Tania blinked, following Spirit Sprite slowly.

samus x
Rahu snorted in anoyance, since one of the stallions had already caught on to him. well he was not going to make his presance known quite yet. while he was still coming ove to the small group he noticed another stallion come into veiw. snorting again and stomping a hoof, he hoped his 'fun' would not be ruined but this new arrival.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku shifted a bit closer to Chu'mana. "Don't worry. I'll get you back home when you're ready, and safe from harm as well." He glanced around, hoping to catch sight of this stranger that seemed insistent on hiding himself from view.

Meeki
Chaos nodded his head ever so slightly in greeting to Helaku. He was still a bit of a cold and mean Soquili.. but he was in a good mood today. A very good mood. He trotted over to Helaku with his head held high. It was hard to forget the stallion that looked similar to a raccoon. He didn't say anything but stood nearby Helaku.

He too had caught the scent of the other stallion but did not take him to be a real threat. Nothing he couldn't handle if such were the case. Chaos kept his horn nice and sharp for such.. annoyances. But Chaos didn't want to fight this day. Woe be to anyone that ruined his good mood.

samus x
Rahu grinned in amusment as he saw the raccon marked stallion was becoming jumpy. he aso noticed the stallion that just arived had a horn. take note of this and to be very careful to not start something with that one. already geting bored he came out of where he was sneeking about and figured he was not going to have any 'fun' now that this horned one was there.

Seiei
[ Chu'mana looked at this "Chaos" Soquilli in awe and fright. She stepped back with eyes wide and heart racing. Her gaze was fixed soley on the horn protruding form his head. What was it? Would it hurt to get hit by? Questions raced and She was about to Bolt. ]

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku nudged Chu'mana again, whuffing softly into her mane. "Chaos means no harm," he said quietly. "And I'd keep you safe in any case. I don't let my friends get hurt if I can do anything about it." He eyed the dark stallion approaching, but said nothing.

Valeria
Spirit Sprite watched Chu'Mana, noting that her posture too, suggested that she was thinking of running, just as he was. Too many new things to take in in one day, to his mind. Although he DID meet two new and friendly soquili, there was still this horned one and the one that just stepped into sight.

Meeki
Chaos grinned at Chu'mana. He loved it when others seemed to shy away from him. But he was in a good mood today, afterall so he would refrain from frightening the poor mare.

"Raccoon, I do believe I've been bewitched. Now, you would think this kind of thing would be most horrendous.." Chaos started strutting around as he spoke to Helaku, "but I am finding it to be... quite... interesting."

Seiei
[ She Stared into the new soquili's eyes. To her, this was horror. "I don't wanna be around this!" She pleaded, not caring if it was rude. "I'm Scared and I DON'T Like it" She Shook her head and looked at spirit Sprite, knowing he was in the same boat. ]

Valeria
Spirit sprite watched Chaos strut around Helaku and looked over at Chu'Mana. "I'm not liking this either...." He whispered to himself, ears flat against his head as he looked from Chaos to the new black stallion and back again.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku looked at Chu'mana steadily. "If you want to go home, I'll do my best to take you there," he said. Giving Chaos a sideways glance..."Oh really, Chaos? By whom?" His muscles were tense, he was picking up on Spirit Sprite's and Chu'mana's nervousness.

samus x
Rahu chuckled to himself in amusment at the fact that two of the soquili there where scared. he'd have to give them something to be scared about some other time. snorting he did not really feel like stating who he was tell he was asked and was not about to start a polite converstion.

Meeki
Chaos grinned broadly. "The most beautiful.. creature that has ever blessed this land with her presence, that's who. She is as dark as the most fearsome of nights with curly tendrils that almost appear serpent-like when the moonlight dances upon them. Her face seems a bit translucent and the skull from within seems to glow when the night greets us. She has the most lovely set of blood red eyes and a body that... well, you don't need to know about that."

Chaos continued to strut around and eyes seemed to have a glaze over them. "But what's best of all is she is.. so eerily dark on the inside as well as out. She has me thinking things, questioning things.. and doing things that I wouldn't dream of doing. There's no doubt about it! I've been bewitched and I don't mind one bit!" Chaos couldn't help but wonder if he was going mad. Samedi was taking over his every thought.

Valeria
Spirit Sprite's eyes lock on Rahu. At the moment, Chaos didn't seem that dangerous anymore, probably because he was being so friendly towards Helaku. Glancing at the black and white stallion though, Spirit could tell he wasn't nice. "And..... w-who a-are y-you?" He asked, dropping his head meekly in Rahu's direction.

samus x
Rahu rolled his eyes as he heard the horned one talk of a female he was bewitched by and did not care that he was. he then turned to the one that addressed him and sneered. "my names Rahu, since it seems you are interested in knowing by asking."

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku ignored Rahu as he waited for Chu'mana's decision, though he did look at Chaos as though he'd gone insane. "Erm...interesting. And what's this femme's name?"

Valeria
Spirit Sprite fidgets a bit, ears flicking back and forth rapidly. He hadn't actually expected the other stallion to so much as acknowledge his presence, let alone answer him. "Um.... N-nice... t-t-to m-m-m-meet you?"

Meeki
Chaos turned to Helaku and replied, "Samedi." What a dark name for such a lovely dark creature, he mused. "Have you ever seen her? She's such a frighteningly beautiful mare."

samus x
Rahu rolled his eyes. it seem this one was too easy to intidate and easyly scare. " eh if you say so." he was already growing bored of being here since this group was now loseing his interest. thinking to stur things up he turned to the horned one. " it seems you are too easyly bewiticed by females if what i heared you say is true." snorting, he would never have alowed himself to have that happen.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
"Samedi...can't say I have. I'm sure I'd remember." He tilted his head. "I take it she's like yourself? A unicorn, I mean." He knew Chaos' stand on non-unicorns mating with unicorns, and this mare would be something indeed if she wasn't one and had broken that barrier.

Meeki
A shadow seemed to come across Chaos's face and his eyes flashed with momentary anger. "No.. she's not a unicorn." That was one of the only things that really troubled him about Samedi and caused him some confusion. But he was trying to come to terms with it.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
"Hmmm...interesting." Helaku shrugged and turned to Chu'mana, an expression of concern on his face as he looked at her. "If you're uncomfortable I can take you home." He bumped her shoulder with his nose. "It'd be no trouble."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:18 am
April 5, 2006

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku snorted, laying his ears back as he noticed the black stallion from before. What was he doing here...then his attention was practically yanked to King, and his ears simply flattened. Two stallions he did not want to interact with...but the mare looked nervous, and the filly...he couldn't leave them to the black's mercies. He trotted forward briskly, neatly interposing himself between the black and the striped mare. "Well hello there," he said in a cheery tone.

JadeEye
Ilianna issued a breathy sigh of relief at King's appearance and slid in his direction, her brows knit in worry.
"Hello, King," she mumbled, though she looked pleased that he recognized her. Maybe the black stallion would back off if he saw that the brown stallion knew her somewhat. She even nosed his shoulder gently in a 'thank you' before turning her gaze on the little filly. Poor thing...did she realize what sort of weirdo this black stallion was?

And then suddenly the strange stallion was neatly cut off from view by another stallion that had come up on them without even the slightest notice. He seemed nice enough, but today's encounter made her incredibly nervous and she shied away, glancing at a forehoof to keep her gaze from making anyone mad.

darkelementaldemon
Kaelyn smiled and sat at Rahu's feet. "Okay!" She gave a grinned nod. She looked up at Helaku, he seemed... different to her. She couldn't put her finer on it though.. She Shrugged and continued to be quiet. She didn't know why the others thought Rahu was so... well.. she didn't know what to put there either, but she knew that they thought of him differently. She sighed and laid her head down, watching the others, a semi-fake grin on her face.

samus x
Rahu was about to say somethign when the raccon marked stallion barged right between him and the mare, which caused him to back up. having this happen did not sit well at all with Rahu and angered him more. "what makes you think you can barg inbetween two, who are having a conversation." he snaped a the raccon marked stallion who he had saw earlyer that day and was not at all pleased to see him once again.

Libra07
King looked down at the albino filly. He could tell that this black stallion was kinder to her, he guessed it was based on the fact that she is just a filly. He looked to the raccoon on and in recognizing him a little.

" I think i've seen you before... wheren't you the one with tetyawna that night in the water, you dashed off before i could say helo" He looked at the stallion and the filly.

" im sorry i've been rude, My name is king" he said not cautious at all about saying his name. King looked to Ilianna and gave a small smile in the corner of his mouth. It did not stay long how ever since he was curious where this all would head.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku looked at the mare. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you," he murmured. He then snorted at the stallion. "What reason? The reason that every mare I've seen you come into the presence of has become afraid. Besides...I'd like to have a word or two with him." He gave King a cutting glance. At King's words, he stiffened. "So...you're the one...I thought there was something, but she left...for you."

JadeEye
Ilianna peeked up at Helaku as he spoke, nervous tension running down her flanks as she dared a small smile at him from behind the curtain of black and white mane drooped casually over her eyes. She also looked to the black stallion even though he spoke so angrily. He couldn't lay a hoof on him now...now with two others involved.

"I rather stop the conversation anyway," she whispered, mostly to herself, shuffling a forehoof in the tall grass. "I do not fancy having my life threatened... I don't even know you yet you speak so rudely of me and tell me to watch my back."

darkelementaldemon
Kaelyn stood up and yawned. She looked up at Rahu and gave a small frown, "Sorry. I would stay and hang out with you but.. I think I should be going" She grinned again, "See you again? Later? Tomorrow maybe..?" She rushed off, waving goodbye for the night.

samus x
Rahu nodded to Kaelyn and turned back to the three infront of him. " thats because my dear you have things like me to worry about." his eyes flashed angery towards the raccon stallion. " thats because mares are weak and it seems you gotten more courage since earlyer." he shook his head and snorted. " and i find you seem to be asking for a fight, by barging into things that are none of your concern." turning towards the other stallion. " and that goes for you too." giving a wicked grin, he knew that the striped mare would bring something interesting.

Libra07
" you do not worry me" he said to the black arab.

" your intersting in your own way but hardly threatening" he said as he stood in the same spot he had been in before.

" And you say i shouldnt be barging into things that dont consern me and i may not have even came over if it was not deemed nessisary to me." king stopped and thought about the words he said next. he did not want this to be like last time. Though he didnt get in a fight with chaos he still had felt he humiliated himself by arguing with him.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku glared at the black. "You weren't actively threatening a mare then." Laying his ears back he looked to King. "Well, King? What have you to say? Did you know while she was being all sweet on you she was flirting ever so prettily with me too?" He stamped a hoof. "I'd keep an eye on her if I were you."

JadeEye
Ilianna had no idea what the two new stallions seemed to be bickering about, but as long as attention wasn't focused on her for the moment, she was fine with it. She flicked a curl of mane away from her eyes and remained by King only because she knew him the most out of everyone.

"I suppose scaring a mare is all you can do to make yourself feel big," she dared to say before clamping her muzzle shut after realizing what left her mouth.

Privately she was cursing herself for coming here again; she desperately missed her home herd, even if they had thought she was a freak because of her coat. What she would give for granddam's comfort right now. She didn't even have any real friends here...she hadn't gotten completely comfortable with -anyone-.

samus x
Rahu would have went at the striped mare if it had not been for the two stallions in his ways. " you'll regret you said that." he snaped and bared his teeth at the mare and noticed the other stallion seemed to of liked a mare but it had ran off with this other stallion. his lips curaled into a smirk. " it seems you two big shots seem to have fallen for a good for nothing mare who is playing you both." he figured his remark would hit a nerve on both the stallions.

Libra07
King looked to halaku
" Are you the stallion she told me about?" he asked and right after he heard the balck ones remark. Without thinking he pinned his ears back and went right through helaku who was in the way and reared clipping his hoof on the black ones shoulder. He did not how ever, urt helaku in any way.

" don dare talk about my mate in that manner, you do not know her." he snapped ears pinned back snaking out with his tail swichish back and forth in anger. For the first time in a long time he seemed to lose it giving him a fearful appearnce. His peupils were diolated and small. is muscles where tense.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku leapt backwards and to the side in an effort to get out of King's way. Steadying himself, he snorted. "Yeah, I am. While she's still a friend, I'm afraid I can't bring myself to trust her. I'll find another mare eventually, one that won't play me false."

JadeEye
Rahu was probably pleased when the mare trembled violently and lowered her head, slipping behind King fully, her face contorting as she held back tears that threatened to fall. She hated this place more than ever...not once had she come out and not been threatened in some form. It was almost unbearable.

When King abruptly parted company with her to go after the dark stallion, the striped mare let out a choked whinny in surprise as she was left exposed. She steeled herself, prepared to fight if she needed, but hardly looked in the spirit to do such a thing. She didn't dare look anyone in the eye.

samus x
Rahu had backed up while the brown stallion had reared and struck him in his shoulder. this only angered him more and his eyes flashed dangerously and ready to fight, dispite already now being injered. " it seems your quick to defend your so called 'mate', who seems to love playing with other stallions hearts and i shall talk of anyone in anyway i please." he snaped and bared his teeth. " and you seem to be quick to attack someone you know nothing about." taking a step forward, even though his shoulder hurt, he was going to fight back against this stallion that hit him.

Libra07
King chuckled a bit and then continued on
" you may be able to talk about any oen as you please with out knowing them, its not diffrent about attaking some one who has just nicked anothers honour" he said kind of madly as he stood his ground. But he noticed the mare, how frightened she seemed. And soon his puplils diolated back to their normal way. he looked at helaku with still one ear on the black stallion in case he tried to counter attack him.

" you may think of her as that way, but i learn to forgive the ones i love" he said in a sot voice, diffrent from his earlier harcher voice.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
"Love? Who says I love Tetyawna. Love takes trust. I don't trust her. I...I can't." Helaku let out a harsh, choked laugh, his knees trembling slightly as he turned away to nudge Ilianna comfortingly. "There there," he said softly. "You'll be okay. I'll make sure of it. This black is acting like a mean-spirited hotshot, but I can take him if I need to. In any case, I'll get you out of here safely."

JadeEye
Ilianna frowned heavily at Rahu spoke. He was so stubborn and ready to fight...she wasn't sure she'd be able to leave without fearing he would follow. An irrational fear, perhaps, but she lived alone now and had no protection. If the black stallion wanted to wound her in some manner, it would not be hard. She was small and lithe in comparison to most mares yet looked bolder than that thanks to her strong facial markings.

She was snapped out of her paranoid thinking by the nudge, nearly jumping but instead only twitching the skin at where she was touched and hesitantly looked at Helaku.

"I would appreciate it," she spoke softly, her voice weary and clearly stressed. "I think maybe I am destined to stay hidden in my home in the trees at this rate...I make more enemies than friends by my mere presence."

samus x
Rahu took his chance as the brown stallion spoke to the other and went rushing up at him, knocking the brown one down. " it seems you need to remeber to not take your eyes off a fight when you start one." he back up and got ready for the others attack. " and i find only weaklings like you two, fall for little mares who play games." having his attentn soully on the brown one and not on the others, he was basicly left open to anyone but the brown.

Libra07
King, now angered that he would dare attack while his back was basically turned, quickley snaked back up and as flat as he could make him self sneered inder the stallions neck and latched on with his teeth. His wolfs dug into the stallions neck as he jerked hs hea from left to right without letting go. he yanked a bit and persude to bring his left back foot up to kick the stallion. He almost bended like a pretzle with out letting go

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku nudged Ilianna. "Let's go...I'll follow, and make sure he doesn't trail us. If you ever need a place to stay when you're not feeling safe, I've got a place in the forest."

JadeEye
Ilianna was all too happy to leave, seeing how quickly the fight had turned into something so violent. She'd seen stallions fight before, but never to this degree. It was horrible to witness. She nodded silently to Helaku as to not attract Rahu's attention, his offer making her a little less uneasy but she dare not speak yet. Perhaps when they were further away.

She backed up a little bit from the pair of stallions locked in battle before turning on a hoof and moving away, glancing over her shoulder to make sure Helaku was following.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku drifted along about a length behind her, one ear tilted back in case Rahu followed them. He didn't relax until the battling pair were out of sight and sound, before moving a little more quickly and catching up to Ilianna.

JadeEye
As the sound of conflict faded, her steps shifted into something more relaxed and less hurried, yet she continued to look downcast in general. As Helaku came up along side, she glanced at him and gave a sad smile.

"Thank you for getting me out of there...I don't know what I did to even attract his attention in the first place," she said, her voice stronger than it had been earlier, yet held a note of bitterness to it.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku shook his head sadly. "You showed your fear...that's what kept him around. He should have been born a Kalona, that one...then the outside would match the inside." He bumped her lightly with his nose. "I wasn't about to leave you with a monster like him."

JadeEye
She sighed and shook her head lightly to move a curl of mane from her face, blown there by the wind as they moved.

"I wouldn't have shown my fear had it been common for a stallion to speak to me in such a way," she murmured, nostrils flaring with her obvious disapproval. "I've heard mares talk to mares in such a manner...the same for stallions, but never a stallion to a mare."

Ilianna sucked in a deep breath and exhaled as though trying to release her frustration in a less vocal manner, willing her uneasiness to leave. Helaku seemed nice enough...there was no reason to worry now.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku's head lowered a bit. "I did...once...but that was a Kalona stallion. Even more of an abomination than Rahu...at least Rahu isn't an insult to his own kind in form as well as spirit. But...no matter." He heaved a sigh and shook his long mane. "I regret his presence...I wished to speak with King. If Rahu hadn't been there, perhaps I would have found out why Tetyawna...did as she did."

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:32 pm
April 6, 2006

JadeEye
Ilianna had taken some time to mentally mend her spirits, finding the protection of her forest dwelling to be the best place to hide until she was feeling up for trying -again- to be a social creature. Today, she thought, wouldn't be one of those days, at least by choice. She was content to graze underneath an apple tree, humming an old tune her granddam had taught her when she was just a foal, nibbling on windfallen fruit and daydreaming at the same time.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku's ears pricked forward as he caught sight of his new friend. "Hail there, Ilianna!" he called out amicably, breaking into a trot. As he slowed down and came to a stop next to her he grinned. "How goes it, miss?"

samus x
Rahu was wandering about, still in his better mood than usual. he wondered if he might get away from all the darn Foals who seem to like to pop up and anoye him. catching someone's familiar voice, he went to check out where it came from.

JadeEye
Ilianna lifted her head hastily, dropping the apple she had been chewing on, and turned at the voice. She was pleasantly surprised to see Helaku.
"Greetings, Helaku," she said cheerfully, relaxing since she knew him and knew he wasn't going to cause her harm. "I'm doing well, thank you....just enjoying some of the fresh apples I came across." She bumped one with a hoof, smiling gently. "Yourself?"

She was too busy with Helaku to notice Rahu stalking about, otherwise she might have tensed.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku was pleased to note that Ilianna relaxed once she realized it was him. She seemed to have had a bit of a rough time with the other Soquili in the area, and she deserved better. "Very well, thank you, and it's good to hear that you're doing well." Flicking his ear back at a slight noise, his nostrils flared ever so briefly. "We have a visitor it seems."

samus x
Rahu had stayed in the trees once he saw who had been talking. he snorted as he noticed he had already been noticed by Helaku. rolling his eyes, he figured there was no reson to hide, since Helaku already knew he was about. so he came out and started towards them bored, showing he was up to nothing.

JadeEye
Ilianna nodded approval as he claimed to be just fine as well, though this changed when Helaku seemed a bit more curt when saying that someone was approaching. Her head swiveled about, as did her ears, until she caught sight of that dreadful black stallion from the other day.

She resisted the urge to flee immediately, since she was not alone this time, but looked troubled just the same.

"It...it appears we do," she said hesitantly, glancing to Helaku to measure his reaction when he saw the black soquili. Certainly he wouldn't stand for that Rahu character's harsh words.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku eyed Rahu suspiciously, but as the black hadn't really done anything this time...yet...he couldn't really do anything about the other stallion's presence. He settled for simply swishing his tail and remaining in a state of wary alertness. "Hello..." he said cautiously, scooting a little closer to Ilianna.

samus x
Rahu looked at Helaku and grinned. " hello to you, and it seems we meet again." he flicked his tail about bored. " although i would have choosen not too , but it seems we have anyways." not on to really chat, he looked around bored and ignored Ilianna's uneasness.

darkelementaldemon
Kaelyn walked up to the Soquili she had met the day before. "Hello" He murmered, looking up at them. Her eyes were dull, boredom shone in her expression.

JadeEye
Ilianna was relieved that Helaku was aware of the black stallion, though he seemed to take a "won't act until necessary" stance. She shifted uneasily and stared mutely at Rahu, wondering what he wanted. Surely something was on his mind. She didn't trust him.

"Hello," she said in a nearly inaudible voice, feeling it necessary to not come off rude by staying completely quiet.

The foal was familiar...yet she didn't know her name. Why that little thing liked Rahu, she could only guess, but she didn't comment.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku relaxed slightly but remained alert, mostly reassured by the fact that Rahu didn't seem to be looking for a fight. "Well, the Soquili lands are large, but they have their limits. So it's not unimaginable that we'd run into each other again." He smiled slightly and looked over to Ilianna. "Right?" His ears flicked forward as he saw the filly. Well, she seemed to recognize the black, so perhaps she was a friend of his...unlikely as he would have thought it.

samus x
Rahu nodded. " true enough." he was about to say something to Ilianna when Kaelyn poped up and said hello. seeing a foal athough one he met before, again was something that bothered him, how foals seemed to pop up everywhere he went. " hello Kaelyn." nodding to Ilianna he wondered why it seemed foals where attracted to where he went.

darkelementaldemon
Kaelyn blinked, remembering something from a few days back. "Hey Rahu.." She blinked again, tilting her head to one side, "a few days back, didn't you say you would play?" For someone so young, she did have a good sense of memory...

JadeEye
"Right," she echoed in a manner that was obviously less confident than Helaku's, but she was heartened when Rahu didn't snap her. That was progress.

The foal was given a curious look; she wasn't sure if Rahu was capable of talking nicely, let alone -play- with a foal...the imagery of the big, black soquili engaged in foal games did bring a slight smile to her lips.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku bumped her shoulder gently with his nose reassuringly, then eyed the foal with his ears cocked, interested. Having a friend he could accept, unlikely as it was, but Rahu playing? It seemed too bizarre to be possible. He remained quiet on the topic however, content to watch.

samus x
Rahu looked at the others and figured they where now quite, just to see what he will do about Kaelyn asking him to play. shruging, he looked at Kaelyn. " yes, if i remeber corretly i did say that to you." never had he had a foal ask him to play, but he was not about to play infront of these too. turing to the other two and asked. " and why are you two so quiet about." also he chose to ignor the fact that Ilianna had a smile on her face.

darkelementaldemon
Kaelyn grinned. Would he continue to reply? She looked to the other two, wondering about their confused and amused expressions. "What? he DID say it though..." What was so wrong about that? Adults could play too...

JadeEye
Ilianna smiled at the filly, daring to glance at Rahu only briefly since he was looking at her.

"Perhaps he did," she replied neutrally to the youngster, cocking her head to the side. "There is nothing wrong with that if he did. Rahu might be a good playmate..."

She didn't directly answer the black soquili's question, fearing he'd take it wrongly, instead giving a "nothing bad, I assure you" for the answer.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku shrugged. "Sometimes it's nice to simply be quiet and watch what's going on, and if Kaelyn would like to play, perhaps to join in." He grinned at Kaelyn. "After all, it's nice to stretch one's legs every now and again."

samus x
Rahu only shruged. " i guess and yes i did tell Kaelyn i would play." looking at Kaelyn he nodded. " and i suppose if you want Kaelyn i could play." on the inside Rahu was biting back, wanting to snap at Ilianna, and tryed his best to ignor her comment for now. for now he was not in the mood to fight.

darkelementaldemon
Kaelyn's face immediatly lit up, "Okay!" SHe satrted to bolt around the trees, urging him to chase after her. She was happy to acctually play. RAhu wasn't a bad guy, the albino always wondered why people thought that...

JadeEye
Ilianna watched the foal prance away and continued to smile. She loved foals a great deal, but hadn't run into any since she left her home herd. Her gaze shifted to Rahu to see what he'd do, careful to keep her expression friendly or neutral at best.

Helaku's comment made her nicker with amusement. She loved it when the big stallions played with foals...it was so cute!

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku's muscles twitched with the urge to leap into a run after the foal and join in the play, but he held himself back with an effort. He didn't want Rahu to start something because he thought Helaku was intruding. He allowed himself to smile as he watched, though, eyes warming as he watched the filly scamper about.

darkelementaldemon
Kaelyn skid to a halt and looked at the stallion. "Well, I'd hate to cut it short, but I think Ishould be off for a bit." She walked to her usual spot underneath a tree and layed her head down, "Play.. later?"

samus x
Rahu took on after Kaelyn in mild amusment and stopped right after she did and chuckled. " sure we can later." he was kind of glad but not at the same time that Kaelyn went to sleep. turning back to Ilianna and helaku, he wondered what they where think, since the foal seemed to be his friend in there veiw.

JadeEye
She watched Rahu go after the youngster and shook her head lightly. It seemed even the surliest of stallions could act like a little colt now and then. Sadly, the apples she had eaten earlier had settled into her stomach and made her sleepy and though she wished to watch the silliness, a nap sounded like the best option. She hadn't gotten much sleep last night due to her own paranoid thoughts.

"Helaku," she said quietly, hopefully to not gain Rahu's attention, nudging his shoulder a moment. "I think I'm going to go nap...I did not sleep too well last night and the apples have made me drowsy. I am sure I will see you around soon. Do take care."

When she was fairly sure that Rahu was not in the mood to cause conflict, she trotted away, the curls in her mane and tail springing about with the moment.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku smiled and nodded. "Okay...sleep well and pleasant dreams. I'd probably be wise to head back home before it starts to get too dark myself." He nodded respectfully at Rahu. "It was good to speak with you on more...pleasant...terms, sir. I bid you good night." He cantered off into the night, mane flowing behind him like a silken grey banner.

samus x
Rahu noded to Ilianna and turned to Helaku. " if you say so and sould find a place to sleep myself." he then went off in the direaction of where he usualy slept.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:15 pm
April 7, 2006

Meeki
Rhiana turned her head and stuck her tongue out at the tree that insulted her. Stupid tree. Turning, she caught sight of a couple horses. What fascinating creatures! One even looked exceptionally strange. She decided to hop over for a closer look. She can always search for a carrot afterwards.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku's head jerked up and he snorted at the white Kalona nearby. She didn't emanate hostility like the red one had, though, so he dared to approach her. "Greetings, miss," he said cautiously. "Might I ask what a...female like yourself...could be doing on such a fine day?"

Meeki
Rhiana turned to the stallion that asked her a question. He looked like an animal she saw once.. but couldn't quite place. He seemed to speak rabbit fluently as well. Boy, was this her lucky day! "Hello Sir, I am watching these two fine horsies fight while resting from my search for carrots. I think they are having a lover's spat. It's quite intriguing. I wonder what will happen next!"

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku didn't think too much of the carrot comment, after all he knew that they were a treat that humans liked to give his kind, and a Kalona like this mare wouldn't be quite so likely to receive such from a human's hands. The horse comment did intrigue him though. "Horses...so...what would that make you?"

Meeki
Rhiana blinked a few times at Helaku. He wasn't terribly bright was he? But then again, he had to be smart to learn a secondary language. "I am a rabbit. Haven't you ever seen one before? We hop, we procreate a lot, leave little pellet droppings everywhere, especially in places they shouldn't be, and we eat greens and carrots. We are really under-appreciated. Always having to dodge wild animals that want to gobble us up. It's a demanding life, one of the rabbit!"

Rhiana finally turned to the strange Kalona that had addressed her as well. "I sit like this because it's how my rear landed. Why do you look like that? You look extremely weird, you know."

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku blinked as well at this, utterly confused. This Kalona thought she was a rabbit? How in the world did that happen? "I've seen rabbits," he said slowly. "But you're rather bigger than most rabbits I've seen, and look more like a Soquili to my eyes. A Kalona Soquili, in fact. Although you are white like a rabbit, and eat greens like a rabbit, and our dropping are roundish, that's as far as the similarities go."

Meeki
Rhiana looked confused. Surely she was a rabbit. Why would she think she were if she weren't? That's just ridiculous. Rhiana turned her head to look at as much of her body as she could. "Oh..," she started as the truth started creeping it's way back up, "Perhaps when I ripped that rabbit to pieces earlier, it did some sort of psychological damage. It happens sometimes. It was quite a mess. I'm still proud of it. I left it's corpse hanging on a branch near some two-leggers teepee. Haha!"

Rhiana stood back up and bared her fangs at the two males that were still nearby. She regretted that she wasn't able to officially meet the other Kalona. Her spiked tail kept swishing about behind her in a whip like manner as she watched the two of them curiously. "Who should I kill first... or maybe.. one of you would like to volunteer? Then I could kill the one that didn't volunteer. Or maybe that's a trick and I would really kill the one that did volunteer. You just never know with me!"

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku stiffened. This mare was not just a Kalona, she was obviously completely and utterly insane. He started to back up slowly, muscles tensed for flight or battle. "How about you don't kill either of us?" he suggested reasonably. He was young...there were mares he was sure liked him...he wasn't ready to die. Not because some lunatic Kalona decided he should, anyways. He preferred to be able to choose his own death.

Meeki
Rhiana cocked her head to the side and studied Helaku for a moment. "Actually, I don't think I'll hurt you.. this time. You did help me out of a rather embarassing.. situation which kept me from eating another ghastly carrot." Rhiana shuddered visibly at such a horrid thought. "But speak not of my mercy or I'll gut you like a wild pig." Without another word, Rhiana flew off. Rabbit, indeed, she snorted to herself. What will it be later? A twig?

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:39 pm
Foalen
"True, though I still apprechate the help." Turning to her bubbly daughter Ayita gave the filly a loving nuzzle. "You could learn a lot from Helaku, little one. Now it's late and Helaku needs his rest as much as we do. Besides I know several others who are very conserned about you. Why don't we go back to the heard and see what your sisters are up to?"

As she spoke the painted mare gave her daughter a gentle nudge in the drection she wanted the foal to go.

"Sorry I made you worry mommy" she giggled happily and nodded to Helaku "Tanks for taking care of me" Vevina smiled nipping playfully back at her mother. Vevina felt the nudge and whent with her mother. She was glad to meet new friends finally she couldn't wait to tell her two sisters and father although she worried he might be mad at her too. The dark paint foal smiled again and started running faster ahead of her mom toward home.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:41 pm
April 7, 2006

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku was in fine spirits this afternoon, bucking and kicking as he cantered through grass that was growing well for the season. Leaping a fallen tree, he whirled and halted, blowing for a few moments before lowering his head to crop a few mouthfuls of grass.

JadeEye
The stallion's antics were hardly missed by the young tiger-striped mare who happened to be resting underneath the shade of a nearby tree and nibbling on a few tender leaf buds that she had decided to sample. She was quiet in her observation, as she generally wasn't one to attract attention to herself as of late, and couldn't help but smile. He looked like an oversized foal with all that bucking and kicking.

She decided to watch and see what else he'd do or if he'd notice her. She wasn't hard to miss, but she was off to the side.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku's tail swished back and forth as he grazed, teeth clipping short the grass and grinding it before he swallowed it. Ears flicking forward, his nostrils flared slightly as he caught the scent of one of his friends. Slowly, the path his grazing took brought him closer and closer to the striped mare. Once he was a few lengths away, he lifted his head and grinned. "Good afternoon, Ilianna."

JadeEye
Ilianna kept the smile on her muzzle as he approached, a brow lifted loftily as he greeted her. "Hello, Helaku...I see you are enjoying the day," she said with clear amusement, though it was kind in nature...jesting almost.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku bowed in a gentlemanly fashion, mane brushing the ground slightly as he did so. "Why indeed I am...'tis such a fine day to enjoy. Not a Kalona in sight, scent, or sound as well." His tail switched as he remembered the insane Kalona he'd encountered earlier. Boy had that mare had issues...thinking she was a rabbit? Laughable, if she hadn't been a Kalona. "And how are you?"

JadeEye
"Kalona..." she said, a curious lilt to her voice. She'd never met one, as far as she could remember, but she'd heard of them. Evil beasts, or so she'd been told. It was better not to think about them at a time like this; it was far to pleasant out.

"I am quite well...I went for a long run not too long ago and splashed about in a river too. I'm trying to get the lay of the meadows down so I know where everything is located. You're the first soquili I've seen today."

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku bobbed his head. "Cool," he said, pleased that her day had gone well. "So, what would you like to do now? I can show you around a bit if you like."

JadeEye
She considered the offer, still grinning, then swished her tail in a saucey manner as her brow returned to a more neutral stance. "Well, if you've nothing else to do, that would be quite nice," she responded. "Unless I've interrupted your romping, that is."

Again she held a jesting tone to her voice, but she stepped away from the tree as she said it, so clearly she was up for his offer and had figured she hadn't truely interrupted anything.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku chuckled and grinned boyishly as he tossed his head. "Oh no, it would be my pleasure, m'lady. Besides, I've yet to show you to where I spend the night, and how are you to take me up on my offer if you don't know where it is?"

JadeEye
Ilianna laughed at that, her eyes twinkling merrily at his words. "I suppose you're right about that," said the mare in agreement, passing alongside and daring to n** at his ear good-naturedly before stepping away impishly to avoid a retaliation. "I doubt I'd ever find it myself. Not if it's as well-hidden as you imply, anyway."

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku ducked his head, face warming as he flushed beneath his coat. "Well...um...yeah," he stuttered lamely as he scrabbled for something with which to recover. "The humans don't come into the forests much unless it's to hunt, and I've only got one that comes around my place. She never seems to be around when I am, but she leaves food and stuff and makes the place comfy."

JadeEye
She giggled at his reaction, having not expected that, and looked at him over her shoulder until she turned back to face him, hooves falling daintily upon the fresh grass.

"It's not a bad thing to have a secluded place to yourself. I'm sure we all have one somewhere...you already know that I do," she said kindly to Helaku, trying to not tease him about the blush that she could just barely detect under his fur. "And you have a human that comes near? I've never really met one. We didn't have many near my home herd and the older soquili were always saying that they were bad to involve yourself in."

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku couldn't help but watch the way her black stripes rippled over her coat as she moved. She was a beautiful young mare, and he was a young stallion that knew it full well. He'd been burned before though...it was best to be cautious. He nodded. "Yeah, I've hardly ever seen her though. My parent's humans weren't bad though, but I kept my distance from them. They look kinda odd."

JadeEye
"As long as they haven't caused any harm, I don't see why anyone should fault them...I've heard stories that humans have saved soquili's lives before," she commented, flicking a curl of mane from her eyes nonchalantly. "They could be stories though. My granddam loved to weave tales. Do they truely only walk on two legs?"

The thought of anything walking on two legs aside from a bird seemed silly to her.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku reached out and nipped her mane gently with a grin. "Indeed they do, and most of the time they balance quite well. It's fun to shove them into the river though, they make the most amusing noises splashing about."

JadeEye
She playfully tried to avoid the mane-n** but wasn't fast enough, nor did she try all that hard. She had gotten his ear, so it was only fair that he got her mane, right?

"I wonder how they don't fall down all the time," she mused, side stepping away coyly to prevent another nipping unless he tried harder to do so. "I know some four-legged beings that have a hard enough time not falling over at the slightest gust of wind. It must be comical to see these two-leggers falling over when the wind blows just right. Imagine...a whole herd of them...tipping over just like that."

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku let out a great burst of laughter at the thought. "Yeah, I suppose if the wind did blow hard enough they'd fall over. Though so would we if it blew very very hard, I think. That's why traveling in the mountains can be so dangerous." Dancing to follow her, he stretched his neck out for another n**, faster this time.

JadeEye
Ilianna giggled.
"I would like to think I was more sure on my hooves than a two-legger," she quipped, again dancing out of range as he came closer with the apparent intention to n** at her mane. She attempted to look completely innocent as she did so, but the gleam in her eyes said otherwise.

"I've never been to the mountains."

Nel_Zelpher_2005
"I've heard stories about them, but I've never explored that far." Suddenly a mischeivous grin crossed his muzzle and a gleam entered his eyes. "Catch me if you can!" He darted into a run, tail flagging behind him.

JadeEye
She was about to inquire further but suddenly he turned on a hoof, uttered his challenge, and was galloping away before she could get a word out. Ilianna gave a huff of surprise that turned into a rolling laugh.

"I think I can," she exclaimed loudly as she started after him, her lithe form cutting across the meadow grasses as though her hooves never truely touched earth. She was built well for running, being as petite as she was, with a decent amount of endurance. It felt good to be able to run again, especially with another soquili.

She tried her best to catch up, her head extended so she could tauntingly n** out towards his flagged tail. Ilianna couldn't quite reach yet.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku was pleasantly surprised when he noted that Ilianna didn't just keep pace with him, but seemed to be drawing closer. Most mares he'd met he was able to outpace easily, but this one seemed to be a match in both speed and stamina. Snorting softly with each stride, he focused on placing his feet on steady ground.

JadeEye
Ilianna's stride was not quite that of Helaku's, but she was graceful and thus required less concentration on the technicalities of each footfall and more on speed. She wasn't sure if he was truely putting everything into his gallop as it seemed she was gaining on him, but it suited her fine.

When she thought that she might be close enough, she again reached out, another laugh escaping her muzzle though it wasn't as hearty as the last due to the running. The ends of his tail were so close...

She had to stretch her neck until she was sure that it would go no further to make an attempt to get at the silky fibers that danced through the air before her.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku squealed in surprise at the slight tug on his tail. Stumbling, he barely caught himself before tumbling headlong into who-knew-what. Slowing down, he grinned back at the tigress mare. "You're pretty fast, not a lot of mares I know that keep up with me when I do that."

JadeEye
"Really?" she said, truely surprised yet pleased at his compliment, slowly down as well and coming up along side him. She was breathing a little hard, but not too badly so her speech was hampered. "I used to race a lot when I was a foal. Not many would race with me when I got older for whatever reason."

She knew the reason, actually...that their parents had warned her friends not to play with her because she bore such an odd coat. That she was a bad omen.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
The raccoon-marked stallion looked puzzled at this. "Really? I wonder why...you're friendly, smart, and there's no lack in the looks department."

JadeEye
Ilianna's facial expression turned a little sad at his question, though a flush warmed her cheeks just the same at his words. She didn't think herself ugly, but she didn't feel like she attracted any positive attention.
"The soquili of my home herd weren't fond of anything unusual," she said, choosing her words carefully. "I...I was unusual in their eyes. Or rather, my coat was unusual."

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku shook his head sadly. "I wonder how they would have felt if they themselves had been born unusual...it must have been so boring there before you came around. Everyone looking normal, everyone looking the same...what a sad way to live." He arched his neck proudly. "I like looking different. And you should too...you're beautiful."

JadeEye
"I don't think they would ever wonder something like that...I was told that they hadn't had an 'odd pelt', which is what they called me, in a long time." She snorted softly and shook her head, clearly unhappy about it, but she had a resigned expression, knowing she'd never be able to change the past. "The entire herd were buckskins, paints, bays...things like that. My granddam had striped socks, but that wasn't strange, I suppose."

Her cheeks colored again, brighter this time, and she gave him a small smile. "I don't mind that I look different. It just hurts me to think that some soquili are so narrow-minded to think that something unusual is automatically bad. That's why I left."

And that certainly was the best decision I ever made, it appears...she thought privately. He looked so bold then with his dark mask and the way he arched his neck with pride. If anything, he was a wonderful friend, and that's what she needed most out of anything else lately.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
He smiled back softly. "Well, you'll find a lot of Soquili around here are very vividly marked. There's some with what you might call normal coloring, yes, but there's also some of the brightest and most colorful patterns you could think of."

JadeEye
After a few breaths, she managed to control the blush, paling back to her stark black and white, and she laughed a little while giving her tail a flick.

"I've never seen such colors on soquili before until I came here. I ran into a flutter male named Narci the first night I stepped into these meadows...at least, I think that's what his name was. He was a bright blue and green that I've yet to see on any sort of flower or butterfly." She looked a little awestruck at the memory, but it was quickly replaced with a calmer countenance as she studied Helaku's dark mask and the eyes behind it.

"I don't mind what anyone looks like anymore...it would be hypocritical of me to be selective when I myself just want to be accepted."

Nel_Zelpher_2005
He bumped her softly with his nose, swishing his tail. "You are accepted, wherever I am if nowhere else. I can't speak for the world, I admit, but I can speak for myself. I've seen flutters that were so bright I didn't think it was possible. And my mother would murder me if I judged someone based solely on how they look. Kalonas are an exception, but that's only because they tend to be as foul on the inside as on the outside."

JadeEye
"I've heard stories about Kalonas...I suppose they truely exist in these meadows to judge on how you speak of them," she sighed. Ilianna felt remarkably more and more sheltered as the conversation went along. They didn't have humans, Kalonas, or odd pelts where she came from...what else were they lacking there in her homelands? "And to think I though only Rahu and Chaos were going to cause me trouble."

The last statement was said wryly and the remainders of her sad expression dimmed away into a more upbeat one. She was tired of dwelling on the past, thus made herself make light of the situation.

"I suppose I'll be staying here a good long while, if not indefinately, so I will probably run into a Kalona at some point. Lucky me, I daresay." She chuckled and tossed her mane out of the way again; it had a habit of being unruly most of the time.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku nodded. "Yeah, I've run into a couple. One was simple hostile and malicious as Rahu, but even crueler. The other was completely and utterly insane. When I came upon her, she was convinced she was a rabbit." He shook his mane. "Once I pointed out the differences, she threatened to kill me and the stallion with me, but then decided not to because I'd helped her realize she wasn't a rabbit."

JadeEye
Ilianna snorted and made an incredulous expression.

"A...rabbit?" she echoed, as though not sure she heard him correctly. "How on earth could a soquili, even a Kalona for that matter, think they were a -rabbit-?"

The hostile and malicious part seemed to hold true to what she was told about the demonic Kalona, but to visualize one thinking they were a rabbit was a whole new degree of weird.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku shrugged. "I'm not sure, but she seemed pretty convinced for a few minutes." Stepping around a tree, he smiled as his teepee came into view. "And this is where I go to retreat from the world, or just to grab a snack or get out of the weather." He walked up to the door flap and nudged it aside, obviously proud of his abode.

JadeEye
When the teepee appeared, Ilianna's focus shifted from the stallion to this odd structure. It smelt strongly of Helaku but faintly of something else she couldn't quite place. As he nudged the flap aside, she peered in curiously. What an odd thing to find out here in the wild....

"It looks like it is quite a nice place to go when the weather is poor," she said with an agreeable nod as she leaned her head in a little to get a better look. "Very private I would imagine, when you wanted it to be."

Nel_Zelpher_2005
"Yeah, it does tend to be. Warm too, in the winter. Though I imagine in the summer I'll figure out a way to keep the flap open, or just sleep outside unless it's wet." He walked to the opposite end and nosed about in a basket for a moment before coming back with an apple and placing it at Ilianna's feet. "I noticed you liked these, and I had a few here. They're one of my favorite snacks as well."

JadeEye
Ilianna tried to envision Helaku in this teepee, seeing it a little bit like how a badger or fox hides in their den. The notion of a soquili staying in a structure like this was odd, but she was open-minded. Certainly he wasn't the only one to have something like this to go to.

The gift of an apple made her grin widely; she loved them a great deal and she thought it was thoughtful of him to offer her one.
"Thank you," she said gratefully, giving him a warm smile for her generousity. "I am quite full from eating them earlier, but I shall most definately eat it later when I am hungry.

It was then she was aware just how long she had been out in Helaku's company. As silly as it might have sounded, she didn't want to feel like a burden or to overstep her welcome. She really ought to get back to her own hideaway, even if it was much less interesting than Helaku's.
"I really appreciate you showing me around and the conversation, but I think perhaps I should go ahead and let you have some peace and quiet," she said softly.

Nel_Zelpher_2005
Helaku gave a gentle smile. As much as he hated to admit it, he was tired, and he'd need to travel to the river for a drink before he went to sleep. He nodded graciously. "And I thank you for your company. Now you know a place where you may always come for shelter, whether it be from the weather or fellow Soquili." Laying down on one of the piles of furs, he shifted around a bit to make himself comfortable.

JadeEye
Ilianna smiled and bobbed her head to Helaku. "I shall see you another day...and thank you again," she murmured before bending down to take the apple into her mouth, then turning away from the teepee to fall into a light trot that would soon take her away from this spot of seclusion to her own.

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:20 am
Helaku snorted softly to himself as morning light peeked through the door flap of his teepee, content to let the light travel over him and warm his hide. He'd been thinking a lot lately...about friends, family, and whether a member of one might become the other. Chu'mana was sweet, and pretty, and it didn't seem like she'd do what Tetyawna did. He was still afraid of being rejected once more...but maybe...just maybe...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:49 pm
[ Chu'mana Had left the group she was talking with to look for Heaku. She couldn't help but want to see him. He was wonderful, especially to her. Her Hoof beats were evenly paces and upbeat. This was harder than she had expected. She thought that He would be living somewhere easy to find. No somewhere that took her a while to get to. ]

Seiei

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:00 pm
Helaku's ears pricked at the sound of hoofbeats. Not many came around here that he knew of. It wasn't that his place was hard to find, it was simply that it was out of the way. Plus it was in the woods that covered the peninsula, so one had to skirt the human villiage to get here unless they came from the northwest. Hauling himself to his feet with a jingle of the bracelets on his forelegs, he poked his head through the doorflap. "Hello?" he called. "Someone out here?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:05 pm
[ As trees loomed around her, she jumped. Was it of Exitement or Fear? Or just wonder of what was calling. In a way it seemed familiar to her. She Shook her head trying to her stray hairs out of her eyes. and called back. "Where is Here? Is here around Me? Or you?" She questioned. The last time She said 'I'm right here' She had issues with where here was. ]

Seiei

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:15 pm
Helaku chuckled as Chu'mana's familiar voice came to him through the forest. The questions had a whimsical sound about them, and did have a valid point. "My apologies, m'lady, I meant in this forest, near my teepee. I believe I know who you are, but 'tis hard to tell from voice alone."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:26 pm
[ She peeked her head out brom behind a tree and gazed at him. "I'm Here. Which is apperently where both of us are." She giggled and trotted all the way out. A patch of sunn glowed aroung her hooves and the silver glinted off of them. "How long as it been? A few days maybe?" Sah asked and blinked at him. "I missed you either way." Immedatly she wished her words were back in her mouth. How did she know he liked her or not. ]

Seiei

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:32 pm
Helaku's ears flicked forward in surprise as he smiled. Perhaps what he had to ask wouldn't be such a difficult question after all. It still wouldn't do to be too hasty, though. He hardly wanted to frighten her away by moving too fast. Slowly he nodded. "Yes...a few days, I think. It seems like longer, though...because I missed you too." Pawing the ground nervously he waited for her reaction.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:41 pm
[ She tossed her mane in habbit and inched closer. She was happy that he had missed her too and was hoping it wouldn't show. "Did you really miss me?" She shifted from side to side. Her nerves were getting to her. ]

Seiei

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:45 pm
Helaku nodded, earnestness in his eyes. "I did."  
Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items