Reply Teepees
[IC] =Xaki's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xaki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:55 pm
(rp with danae @ waterfall and continued @ secret garden)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:56 pm
Anubis x Zaphiro x Saphiro
[ Horses: Anubis - Zaphiro - Saphiro ]
Link: Here

Xaki

Xaki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:14 pm
Stereotypical, huh?
[ Horses: Anubis - Aruna ]
Link: Teepee

Quote:
It had been a long time since Aruna had wandered this far away from her home. A very long time. She wasn't really sure where she was, but she definitely knew she was somewhere. She just... wasn't sure where.

"This is what I get for wandering," she muttered, looking around. "Where am I??" She definitely had no idea where she was this time. Okay, she admitted she had been looking for the Wind Soquilis again, even her "lord" Calamity, but she hadn't meant to... get... lost.

Okay, fine. She admitted that she did get lost. Sighing, she wondered where if she would find any Soquili out here, of any kind. She had actually been looking for company this time, so being alone right now was something she didn't particularly want...

--------------------

Anubis, right behind the tee-pee smelled an unfamilar scent lingering in the air. "Another soquili?" His ears perked up. He stood up, stretching before look around the tee-pee. His eyes scanned over the lands before settling on a brown mare, not too far off into the distance.

"Should I go to her or wait until she notices me?" Anubis said amused. Obviously, by the way she was looking around, she was lost. "Poor little lamb, having lost her way." He said in a mocking tone.

--------------------

Aruna ears perked up straight, having heard the "poor little lamb, having lost her way" and turned a golden glare toward the speaker. It was a stallion, colored... blue. All blue. She had met stallions that were unusually colored, but this guy...

"What was that?" she asked, her glare hardening more. "I may be lost, but I'm not a 'poor little lamb', as you so poetically put it." She walked closer, but not so close. She just wanted to observe this new stallion. Tch, great. Out here in the middle of nowhere and she meets another stupid stallion who thinks he's better than everyone.

Why was her luck so bad? She met like maybe two to three males who were kind, and those guys were rare! Oh, she knew a few, but all her meetings always ended up badly, one way or another. Take Rahu, for example, or Wyvern. Argh. She just hated her life.

--------------------

Anubis almost laughed at loud at Aruna. "I was going to continue it off with the big bad wolf but Im not one. So it would be unethical for me to say that." He shifted his legs, not at all bothered that he was on this soquili's bad side.

His grin was wiped off his face as he saw how Aruna reacted to his blue. Ohgod, another one of THOSE soquilis. Couldnt soquilis just get used to different colors? He supposed most of them werent open-minded just as this soquili was.

"Observing me? Have you taken a disliking to all males that you've had to observe them at first sight?" he said dryly. "It'd be nice if I met a female that was actually sensible but I guess your not one of them." he gave a nonchalant shrug.

--------------------

"Keep laughing, I know you want to," Aruna said dryly. Already she liked him. He had a similar kind of humor with her. "So, were you dyed blue or did you come that way naturally? I think it fits you."

Not only did her first impression of him seem amazing, she thought he was very interesting. "You're the first all-blue stallion I've met. I've met a few others, but you're very interesting."

Cocking her head, she answered his dry tone with a truthful answer, when usually she would answer in the same tone. "Most males I've met are rude to me, so I have a right to do that... but you, I just find interesting altogether.

"Your color of blue is amazing... darker than Safi's, but very nice." She nodded to herself, and then shrugged off her lost feeling. With this guy here, she wasn't feeling as if she hadn't a clue where she'd wandered off to.

--------------------

"Naturally. Ever heard a bird called the Bluejay? I'm supposed to resemble it." he seemed to ponder it thoughtfully. "Dont really see how.. but what they say is what they say."

"Interesting? I prefer to think of myself as .. well I wouldnt say it." He looked at the soquili with a lazy smile. "Anyways, us male soquili may be rude but not all of us. Its those that give us a bad name." he flashed a grin at Aruna.

He crinkled his nose at the name Safi. "I'm not sure I like to be compared to other guys." but he shrugged it off. Not like he as really bothered or something.

"Anyways, your name? Its customary to introduce yourself when it another's home." He gave Aruna a crafty look.

--------------------

"Bluejay, huh? I've heard of 'em, never saw one... and who is 'they'?" She shrugged a bit, and then returned his lazy smile with a smirk. "Sure. All of you have to be rude at some point in your lives."

She rolled her eyes. "Of course. I won't compare you to another stallion, then. You don't seem too bothered about it, but I'm probably seeing things."

She tilted her head a bit to adjust her view of him. Why were stallions so... big and tall? Eesh. "Oh, so this place is your home? Isn't customary for you to tell your name first before the guest introduces him or herself?"

She winked at him cheerfully. "But as you seem so intent on such, I'm Aruna. And you?"

--------------------

"They is they. Do I need to explain?" Anubis said cheerfully in a tone, that meant he had no intention of explaining.

"Hallucinating, arent we? Do you need to go to a hospital?" He pretended to give a worried look but quickly reverted back to his bored one.

"It would be customary if a mare didnt intrude and get lost by accident. I'd say that isnt customary." He said giving a skeptical look over to Aruna. "I'm Anubis. Feel privlieged! (SP) I dont give my name out to everybody, you know." His eyes twinkled at the fact.

He looked down at Aruna. "Am I too tall? I expect that many stallions you meet are close to the same height as me. " He shook his head as to wave off the fact. "Anyways, this is my home and my tee-pee as you expected. I've had quite a number of visitors here so I really dont care if you look around or not."

--------------------

Anubis was his name, then. Eh, she liked him, but he was grating on her nerves, now. "They is they. I see," she rolled her eyes, "I'm hardly hallucination, though I do admit I'm lost. My home is near here, but I've never been in this area.

"A pleasure to meet you, Anubis." She didn't feel the least bit previledged (sp?), but he didn't have to know that. "I expect most stallions are the same height as you; I've met many; all the same height."

She glanced around, and then sighed. "You've a nice home, but I'm merely looking for a way to get back to where I was before. I suppose I have a bad habit of being in deep thought, but not everyone can be so focused on our surroundings."

--------------------

"Your home is near here? I expect alot of soquili's homes are near here now." Anubis said cheerfully. "Same height, but also different!"

Anubis glanced with Aruna at his surroundings. "Can't multi-task? I cant sympathize with you seeing as I can multi-task but we cant all be gifted, right?"

He gave a thought to Arunas situation before coming up with an idea. "why dont you just wander around again? You might get 'lost' back at your place." He knew the suggestion sounded silly, but hey! It could work. Stranger things have happened.

--------------------

"Yes, my home is near here. And yes, I'm sure there are." She glanced around, and the smirked. "Same height? The difference is only the personality and the color.

"No, I can't multi-task." Aruna smiled and rolled her eyes. "No, we can't all be gifted. Then again, we all could. With one thing or another, of course."

At his suggestion, she could only laugh. "Ah, that sounds like good advice. Maybe I should. Then again, I could walk around in circles and end up here once more. Any other solutions?"

--------------------

Isnt it the same with you mares? Same height, different coloring/personality." He threw Aruna a scornful glance to return her smirk.

"I'm gifted with more than multi-tasking. I bet." He flashed Aruna a smirking smile that meant he was joking.

"No ideas." he sighed. "Unless you meet a famly member to take you back. But since your lost, why not enjoy your time here? "

--------------------

"Yes, it's the same with us mares," Aruna agreed. "Of course, you never know. We're same heights, but well... nah. If we throw in the finer details it would become a messy topic." She laughed, her smirk disappearing into a soft smile.

"Are you? ...Ah." She nodded to show that she understood he had been kidding. "Well, if that's an invite, I shall enjoy my time here. What is it you do on days like this?"

--------------------

"Wander? I dont know. I just happen to meet new soquilis like you and my day either becomes bothersome or more interesting. It depends." He shrugged as if to say ohwell.

"So. Since we dont have anything to do, why dont you tell me whats interesting in your life? I always LOVE to hear whats happening in someone elses life that I dont paticularly care about.." he said sarcastically making a grimace. "Of course, as you are a guest and I'm a host, I'm obliged to ask that question and then tune the person out unless it interest or benefits me in any way." He gave a slight smile.

--------------------

"Now, why would you want to listen to me rant? My life is boring, undramatic, and quite peaceful. I randomly meet new Soquilis, such as yourself, here, and well, nothing much to do." Aruna smiling innocently as if to say it's-true-and-if-you-try-to-get-more-out-of-me-you-won't-be-able-to. (Quite a smile. O_o)

"How kind of you to offer, though, Anubis," Aruna said, pawing the ground with a hoof. Such was her habit. "You may tune me out if you wish to hear me rant on and on about rediculously stupid stallions that are very stubborn and cannot learn to sometimes just take things in stride or get over themselves." Of course she was referring to Rahu, but he didn't know that.

--------------------

"Are all of our lives like this? Sensible and boring? With no adventure?" Anubis said feigning surprise. He gave Aruna an approving grin that said I-wasnt-going-to-listen-anyways-so-you-made-a-right-choice.

"Why, I've met a stallion that gave me that impression. Of course, he wasnt worth enough for me to stick around and find out what he was like." (Anubis has met Rahu briefly. I lost the RP though) Anubis said dismissively. "nor do I care to meet him again. I think he was a sobbering idiot." He gave a nonchalant shrug before giving a thin grimace. "Anything different to talk about? This subject is quite boring."

--------------------

"Yes, I'm sensible and boring," she replied, rolling her eyes good naturedly, interpreting his smile all too well. "Perhaps we shall discuss the differences between males and females?" Aruna asked, smiling a bit wickedly. "Maybe then neither of us shall judge the other gender so harshly if we do so?"

She found that to be pretty interesting, and if she could find a civil discussion about it--which she did--she wanted to speak about it. "Have you? Then we must be referring to the same stallion..." Aruna said, thought it was more to herself than to Anubis. "Anyway. Is your life as boring and peaceful as mine?"

--------------------

"Why not?" He said not paticularly caring what they talked about. "I doubt any female would change my opinion though. Perhaps what your referring by your wicked tone is the difference on .. HOW male/female soquilis make babies?" His eyes now held a glint of wickedness.

"Really? Many soquilis are sobbering idiots." He gave a sort of scowl. "If my life were peaceful and boring, I'd be dead of boredom. of course, its not. I have the freedom to roam around, do anything I'd like."

--------------------

"And I highly doubt any male would change my mind, either," Aruna countered, and then stared at Anubis as if he'd grown another head at his next suggestion. "You're... strange..."

She nodded her head in agreement. "Of course." She smirked at his scowl. "I am dead of boredom. But then again, I'm always found traveling lost and end up meeting new Soquili every day... they're all so unique, you know."

--------------------

Anubis looked approvingly at Aruna. "I like your style." He nodded satisfied. "But anyways, want to take a walk or something? My legs are stiff from just standing here." He stamped his hooves before he looked at the sky staring at it intently. It seemed to be late afternoon.

"Shall I go with you to find your way back? Its getting late." He asked tilting his head.

--------------------

Aruna half smiled, half smirked. "Why thank you, Anubis. I like yours as well." She thought about his request for a second, and then nodded. "Yes, taking a walk sounds quite good right now.

"Is it getting late?" she glanced up toward the sky. Ah, late afternoon. That was a bit surprising to see. "It's still early... then again, I'm always wandering around at night." She winked at Anubis.

"You can if you wish. You don't have to come with me when I find my way back. But I must remember this neck of the forest to come and visit again, eh?" she said, nodding.

--------------------

"Feelings are mutual then?" Anubis stated good-naturedly. "Walks are always good. Dont everyone like to take a walk?" He asked, rolling his eyes. "Anyways, shall we walk until we find your tee-pee?"

He gave Aruna a content smile. "At least we had alot of time to further our acquaintance. One hopes though, that he wont see a acquaintance in the middle of the night?" He mentioned , his tone light.

"I'll come with you. I'm not that much of a scoundrel, that I'll leave a mare to walk alone while its turning dark." He gave a disgusted look to the woods. "Stupid soquilis come out in the night. Its their favorite time, I would think." He gave a sneering tone to the mention of stupid soquilis.

--------------------

"Are they mutual?" she said lightly, smirking. "I'm not sure if they are. I mean, I can't read minds, y'know. And of course everyone likes to take walks--who wouldn't?"

She nodded. "Yes, I suppose we shall walk until we find my teepee." She returned a smirk to his content smile. "I suppose we did have a lot of time. And... well, that depends."

She frowned at his sneer. "I believe I would be one of those "stupid" soquili, Sir Anubis." She loved the night time--how dare he insult the soquili who loved the night...

--------------------

"Hmm?" Anubis turned. "Oh. I didnt mean Soquilis that liked nights were the stupid ones. I just meant they come out at night. Theres a difference. My apologies." Anubis bowed his head.

"Anyways, where is your tee-pee located or its surroundings? I'm afraid that we must part soon or, me seen at your tee-pee in the middle of the night might cause some wrong ideas." He frowned. "Then whoever is your stallion will have my innocent hide." He pretended to shudder at the idea but really wasnt that worried.

--------------------

Aruna smiled then, relaxing a bit. "Oh, that's all right. It's partially my fault, I guess. Took your words the wrong way. Apology accepted, Anubis."

She stumbled as Anubis's words washed over her. "Who... my... stallion?!" she said, flushing. "Ah... no. Only my human and my father live there... and my father is a sound sleeper, so I doubt you should even be the slightest bit worried."

Quickly fighting off her embarrassment (his words had thoroughly shocked her), she looked around. "I think we're heading in the right direction. I also live in the forest, but I haven't completely explored it..."

--------------------

"Thank you." He said to Aruna while looking ahead. He turned his head back while trotting to gave a slight discerning smile as if he knew what she was thinking about while she was babbling about not haing a mate.

"Really? My human is the only one at my tee-pee. I'm glad for the space." Anubis said, his face saddening for just a bit. The sadness suddenly disspeared without a trace as Anubis gazed into the horizon. He could see several tee-pees lined in the distance if one could see past the trees, but all quite a distance apart. "Are those any of your tee-pees?" He thrust his head up in several directions to point her ahead and tell her of the tee-pees hidden in the forest.

--------------------

She smiled a bit, not quite interpreting his discerning smile, and then softened her gaze a bit. "Are you really happy with the space?" she asked gently, wondering if he was all right.

His sadness vanished quickly, however, when he mentioned all the teepees. "Hm?" she turned to look, and shook her head. "No. My teepee is completely secluded within a clearing, covered by many, many trees. My human hates contact with other humans.

"She's very shy, but she's got a few human friends she can talk with, but not often. I think she's found a friend though... I think my human is moving my father and me into a bigger teepee." She looked sad for a moment. "...It feels strange. I don't want to leave my home... I grew up in it, after all."

--------------------

"Ohreally? We'll have to find it. Any landmarks?" Anubis said raising his eybrows at their surroundings. There were many trees. "Your human sounds kinda hostile. I wouldnt want to be with her." He gave a slight frown.

"Why not talk to your human? If she cares for you, she'll at least listen to you." Anubis suggested. "If you feel like this, your father must have doubts and your human will listen too both of you, correct?" He couldnt sympathize with Aruna because he had his tee-pee only as the beginning of his adulthood. He felt not sort of attatchment to anyone or anything, as far as he knew.

--------------------

"Landmarks... I remember there was a clear stream running through the grove a trees, and the stream would lead out to a river that flowed through the meadows of the Soquili lands." She looked around. This grove of trees was a little familiar... had she passed them before?

"She's not hostile--just an outcast. She thinks she's bad luck, because something happened in her village... or something. She keeps a lot of stuff to herself." Aruna frowned. "It's amazing I can understand her, though. She understands us better than most since she's cut herself off from other human contact, but it's not enough."

--------------------

He glanced at Aruna. "Familiar? I should hope so since we dont want to stay all night." He drawled out giving a lazy grin. "but doesnt the stream run through the whole lands resulting in being near alot of tee-pees? I know it runs past mines." He hid a grin thinking Aruna might pass by her tee-pee without even noticing it.

"true. Humans are that way. They need something obvious to hit them in their face before they realize what we want." Anubis thought the human race was actually quite dense. "Of course, they are useful in ways." He gave a snort and stamped his hooves.

--------------------

"Ugh. I think I've been leading up in circles! I don't recognize any teepees... they all look the same!" Aruna finally said, stomping a hoof in frustration. Oh, the annoyance.

"Forgive me, Anubis. I didn't mean to lead you around like this." She found herself very annoyed. How could she get lost? Lost!? She was never lost, and yet, here she was... exactly that. "Humans dense that way, but there are some who are intelligent. But only some."

--------------------

"One's tee-pee is easily lost that way. We'll find it." Anubis shifted easily preparing for a longer walk. If Anubis squinted, he could still see his tee-pee in sight. "Why dont we check out a few groves and see what happens? There cant be all that many tee-pees in groves, and we'll find your eventually." He pointed out logically.

"But you didnt leads me around. Thats one thing. You gave me exercise?" He pretended to look innocent.

--------------------

She chuckled. "I'm used to long walks... I apologize for making this short walk a long one." She nodded; his advise made sense. "Let's see... I suppose we should start this way." She walked toward a dark-looking set of trees.

"I didn't lead you around? Gave you exercise? Come now, Anubis, I know you're just teasing me again," said Aruna, chuckling.

--------------------

"No apologies." Anubis said giving her a charming smile. "ou didnt actually do anything bad. One cant help if one gets lost because she simply isnt gifted." Anubis gave a dramatic gesture.

He looked at the grove, feeling the presence of one soquili and a two-legger. He gave a quick sniff identifying that this was indeed Aruna's tee-pee.

"Maybe next time." He said vaguey before giving a nudge to Aruna towards her tee-pee giving him enough time to slip back into the dense woods and leave.

--------------------

"All right, then, no apologies," she agreed. "So I have no sense of direction--I can't help that. Not all of us are as gift as you." She rolled her eyes good naturedly.

"Ah, looks like you found it before I did, Anubis," said Aruna as she was nudged toward her teepee by the blue stallion. She whinnied a quick good-bye as well as thanks to him and quickly trotted toward her teepee. "Next time!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:47 pm
[ A meeting to be repeated ]

Quote:

As the first rays of light streamed through the forest's canopy, Danae; the blue mare let out a wide yawn. Then shaking her mane free of fallen leaves, Danae got to her feet and proceeded to stretch herself thoroughly. An itch on her hind legs was well taken care of by the bark of a nearby tree.

Finally satisfied with her stretching Danae then made her way towards the stream for an early morning drink. It seemed like today would be the start of yet another wonderful and exciting day.

--------------------

Anubis, face rumpled with bags under his eyes decided to wander over to the river to wake himself up. He had been up doing -- well, nothing to mention. He plucked a few carrots from his so called "indians" garden patch too weary to care what she would think.

He went down to the river dropping the arrots to be washed and diped his muzzle into the water taking a satisfying sip before raising his head wearily to see another soquili heading towards his river.

--------------------

As she stepped up towards the river Danae raised her eyebrows in suprise. There was another soquili there! And...he was blue in colour too!

Whinnying a friendly greeting Danae then quickly made her way towards the other soquili; her ears flicked forward with interest while she eased herself into a quick trot across the shallow river. Today was a perfect day; to make new friends that is!

--------------------

Anubis gave a criticizing gaze assuming "She's one of those types eager to make friends. Isnt she?" Anubis thought bored. He whinnied back a greeting to the other blue soquili before going back to the river to drink. "Are you enoying your river drink?" He asked politely.

--------------------

"Drink?" Danae asked quite forgetting that that was her initial purpose of coming to the river. However,now that she was reminded of it the blue mare lowered her head to take a sip. Satisfied, she once again turned her attention towards the stallion before her.

"My name's Danae. What's yours, sir?" Danae ventured to ask; her tail playfully flicking the water's surface all the while. It had not occured to the lively little mare that perhaps the stallion wanted to have a quiet morning by himself.

--------------------

"Anubis." He said swiftly before groaning to himself. "I'm sorry for my rudeness, its just been , well -- a bad night." He gave a faint smile to the mare hoping that she wasnt offended. "I take the drink was to your satisfaction? THe water here is quite good. Especially for those who are unwell or sick." His eyes glanced at the water and reverted back to the mare in front of him.

"Danae huh?" He turned around to walk back to his tee-pee, with long striding steps, his hair flying in the wind.

--------------------

"Uh huh, please to meet you Anubis. And the water's lovely. Thank you," said Danae as she took it to herself to trot after the blue coloured stallion despite being told that he had had a rough night. She was after all young and time was something she could still afford to waste.

"But umm...where you going?" Danae asked as the sight of the teepee came into view. Having never met a human before the mare's curiousity was riing with every step they took. "Are those human dwellings?"

--------------------

Anubis looked back at her. "You followed me? What a funny mare you are." He muttered before replying. "Yes, this is my humans dwellings. Why? Dont you have a human?" Judging from Danes reaction, he doubted that she ever saw a human. "Its not likely you'll see my human anytime soon because she sleeps often." He said quietly before striding ahead to a grassy area.

"So, have you any buisness coming here? I cant imagine why you would follow me aside from that." His ears, shaply aware of their surroundings waited for Danes answer.

--------------------

" Ehehe...no," giggled Danae sheepishly swishing her tail. "I just thought it'd be neat to do something different for a change. And well...I guess you're are that 'something different' , "

Here Danae then pranced lightly to her left and started to observe the teepee close up. "Humans certainly are interesting!"

--------------------

"Interesting but boring." he said thoughtfully thinking of his own human. "But then again, your also a interesting soquili by dancing." He said smiling to himself,

"Wow, Should I feel special or something?" he said dryly grinning at the other blue soquili. "So, it appears that there are more blue soquilis than I thought." He said to himself. "Are you of the bird breed? Another blue soquili I met was and she was also blue." His tail flicked while he stared at Danae for her reply.

--------------------

A bird breed? Danae stared at the stallion for a moment before suddenly realising that he was patterned similiarly to a bird... a blue jay perhaps?

"Oh no,no, I don't think I am of a bird breed;colour as well as physical wise," Danae replied giggling slightly. "And...I never knew that blue is an 'in' colour too this season. But tell me sir, since we're talking about birds and stuff, are the winged ones really true?"

--------------------

"Winged ones?" His grin lit up a bit. "Yes, they seem to be just like us, just with more and better advantages of course. I've met a few of them." He gave a fond smile at his memories of them.

"Blue? A IN color?" He scoffed, the mood broken. "I daresay, that I've met more black than any other color. That I shall say, in my opinion is the most popular." He turned away from Danae.

"Anyways, nothing better to do? I daresay that my tee-pee isnt that exciting? Is it?" He snorted at the thought before biting off one of the bigger leaves near the trees of his teepees. He spitted it out disgusted by the taste.

--------------------

"Black is rather romantic though...," Danae mused while staring absent mindedly at a line of ants. "You know...black steeds ridden by knights...that sort of stuff? But, what's wrong with being blue Anubis? It is an amazing colour. The colour of the skies above," Danae said before giggling slightly at the sight of Anubis spitting out the half chewed leaves.

"I think humans and their teepees are interesting. They seem to live quite well despite being rather...weak physically,"

--------------------

"Mares seem to think that many things are romantic, while I on the other hand see no need for what do you call it? Love? Romanticism?" He tossed his head as to wave the mere thought of it.

"Theres nothing wrong with blue." He said simply. "If there was something wrong with blue, I'd have a problem with myself, would I?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Interesting? I suppose." He said amused. "Although Humans are somewhat smart, they are no comparison to us. Their ears can only hear so much, their noses are only used for sneezing, they dont recognize our true worth let alone the kalonas and the winged ones." He said mockingly.

The conversation followed with silence, as Anubis shifted his legs. "Now that we've discussed about Humans, what shall we do next? I dont fancy being bored." His voice seemed very cold although it was not meant to be.

--------------------

"Perhaps that's why mares are able fall for stallions," giggled Danae nipping playfully at Anubis tail before prancing out of reach. " If everyone and everything thinks alike, the world as we know and love would definitey end,"

"Now if you are as bored as you say, why not race with me? Or are stallions proned to hate running too?" whinned Danae rearing up slightly.

--------------------

"I suppose your right." Anubis said doubtfully. He made a grimace though hoping that those soquili who did find love, wouldnt show their affections in public. It was not a welcome sight.

"Anyways. A Race?" HIs ears perked up and he almost sounded.. enthusiastic? "Shall we race down to the big rock down there?" He pointed his head towards it. The big rock was easily seen, a mile off.

--------------------

"No problem. Don't let me wait too long though!" whinnied Danae as she half jumped to position herself beside Anubis. "Just say when ,"

--------------------

"Now!" He said, his back legs jumping in the first few minutes before landing and he continued on with longer strides, occasionally jumping over logs and obstacles in his pathway. He could see a blur of blue next to him although he was unsure if it was behind or ahead of him. His head snapped up, seeing the rock in view and he fastened his pace to continue confidently. Would he win or would Dane win..?

--------------------

Danae let out a shrill whinny of excitement as she too sprinted after the stallion. Carefully dodging the occasional tree boughs as well as the fallen logs. Danae lengthened her stride enjoying the wind against her face.

She was now shoulder to shoulder with the stallion but as long as the flat lands kept up, Danae could not overtake her opponent. But perhaps as they neared their destination the ground would turn rough and aility as well as speed would be required.

--------------------

Anubis and Dane both manuevered the course efficently when Anubis lifted his head to the wind to see they were really close to the rock. He gave a quickly leap to the rock hoping to win and instead he found Dane had beat him there by a mere few inches.

"I guess everyone cant be a winner." He shrugged adknowledging that Dane won the race. He wasnt one to deny someone their credit niether was he one to rant or whine about his failiure. "It was a entertaining race anyways." He turned around to walk back to his tee-pee without bothering to wait on Danae.

--------------------

Danae grinned at the blue stallion. "Thanks,wanna do something else?" Danae enquired as she whirled around to face the other. However, she realised that the stallion was already making his way towards the teepee.

"You are leaving?" Danae asked as the stood by the side of the rock. "But the day's just begun,"

--------------------

"A Race can make someone very thirsty and he obviously heads to a river for a drink, does he not?" Anubis said, giving a glance over his shoulder. "As my tee-pee is right next to a pond that we can drink from, I cant see why I wouldnt go there." He hid his smile from Danae.

His head poised right over the water, he sipped his drink slowly before dipping his head in to refresh himself. Beads of water dripped downed onto his chest and off into his mane.

"Another game Danae?" He inquired. "Many games dont interest me so I daresay you might find something to interest me soon before I kick you off."

--------------------

"You can't even if you wanted to," Danae replied sticking her tongue out. " I'll leave when I think I should no sooner and no later,"

"And as for games....," Danae replied with an evil glint in her eye. "I can think of some that you might like... but are you up to it?"

Saying so the blue mare suddenly smashed her front hooves into the water's surface causing massive ammounts of water to spray everywhere. Giggling Danae then quickly moved aside to admire her handiwork.

--------------------

Anubis, who turned around to look at Dane was now sopping wet, in his face and mane. He shook the water out and walked right up to Danae. "I think if I were a dumber soquili I would rise up to the bait but I'm not." He had a superior look in his eye. "Anyways, if you dont take your leave, I will." He left without second thought into the woods, his tail flying right behind him.

Xaki

Xaki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:47 pm
Can you speak?
[ Horses: Sparkles - Khan ]
Link: Here!

Paramekia Darkheart
Those settlers were mighty strange! The way they walked, talked and dressed...From her vantage point on a ledge not far from the foreign encampment the young mare continued to watch the comings and goings of the bustling town. It was a busy place, while the people didn't usually go out and spent most of their time near the beaches they always seemed to have something to do.

She couldn't figure it out though, wasn't it awfully boring staying in one place the whole time?

Shaking her head, the mare took the opportunity to brush the strands of hair from her eyes, the slightest shift of her head persuading them to move from her line of sight so that she could get a better view. She was here for a purpose, her intentions were clear in her mind and while her choices probably weren't the best...she could sense a little opportunity.

And besides, she was curious by nature.

You see, this particular mare had come in search of company, she knew there were plenty of other soquili in the Kawani lands but every now and then she needed a little change. By the looks of these oddly 'clothed' creatures and their 'clothed' soquili she suspected she would get something along those lines.

...There was just one little bump in the road she couldn't work her way round.

How did she get in?

Xaki
Khan, having wandered around, and finding the town had been quite a surprise. They were enjoyable at first ... but little time passed before he realized that they weren't the kind he was used to. Looking at the drab clothing on the others, that they were simply brown with hardly any other shades, so unlike his.. and the humans there smelled .. odd. It was time to fly the coop, as they said.

Making sure to be inconspicuous, his green eyes roamed his surroundings before they landed on a clear path that led apparently outside. Partially relieved that the easy access allowed no time to be wasted, Khan gave a farewell whinny, and tossed his mane before trotting along the path, never quite alone since there were many wagons, travelers, and such, that were always on the road at one point or another. He marveled at the rush of the encampment. It was a wonder that such a small town had so much to do.

As he trotted ahead on the path, Khan caught a glimpse of another on the ledge that was apparently looking towards the town. "A casual look?" He called out, as he walked into view of the other mare it seemed. Interesting, what business would a soquili have looking at the town? It was nothing to be amazed at, but maybe that was only him because he had lived in similar places before coming to the soquili lands.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Something like that," Her response was automatic as she turned her gaze on the stallion. It never ceased to amaze her but the spirits definitely seemed to favour her in terms of providing her with desirable company. She had yet to meet a stallion who repulsed her and she hadn't really had the pleasure of meeting many females that could have acted towards her in a 'jealous' or territorial fashion.

That being said though, she hadn't quite expected to encounter one who had such an unusual pelt colour. Well, it wasn't unusual out in the Kawani but for a soquili that lived with the settlers? It was just a little too vibrant (almost), even his clothes were brighter too! For a while she simply watched him, accessed him with a critical eye. Well, she had no qualms with his appearance but what in the world was in his mouth?

Did it hurt?

Coming to the conclusion that she needed a closer look, she backed up just a little before bouncing off the ledge and flouncing towards him. A little flourish of her hooves to emphasize the fluff and she was there - her muzzle just a little too close for comfort.

"...What's that?" She enquired in a rather forward fashion. Not the most flirtatious of moves and not her best starting remark but she just couldn't help herself.

Xaki
Khan viewed her with a lazy grin, slightly taking a few steps backwards to allow the soquili enough room to land. His gaze raking over her, he decided that she wasn't too unusual in her appearance, maybe a little fluffier than the other soquili he had seen but that wasn't too uncommon. But her horn, hmm. In China, pictures had, had horned horses also, but he hadn't seen one until now. His gaze lingered on the mare for a few seconds longer before he noticed her gaze.

".. Whats .. what? I dont believe that was the customary greeting, but if I'm mistaken ..? " He asked dryly, his eyes glinting with amusement. His halter wasn't nearly as interesting as her behavior was. One could say, this mare wasn't the least shy about what she wanted to say. I believe the word that would describe her is blunt. .. and it wasnt only that. Apparently, she didn't seem to realize or possibly even care about the distance or lack of distance between them. How intriguing.. Khan thought as he shifted his hooves waiting for the mare's answer.

Paramekia Darkheart
Well, there were times when the mare did have a concept of personal space... However, in most circumstances when she had found something of note she forgot. She was unaware that the idea of a mare being so close could cause distress in some and instead, sought only to answer her questions. After that she would gladly jest and back away, apology in tow but her curiosity was more important!

Or so she would argue...

"That thing, in your mouth," she replied, continuing to keep her gaze trained upon the unusual object. She had know that these odd settler soquili had them, but she couldn't understand why they were there or the purpose they served. To be honest, she thought they were rather ridiculous and pointless, especially if they got in the way of the tongue!

"Doesn't that get in the way of your tongue?" She continued, lifting her gaze as she gave a lazy wag of her tail and scooted round to examine his saddle too, "And what does that do too?" She finished, clearly full of questions given his unusual garb. She'd never had the opportunity to speak to a stallion like him before - might as well probe him now and stare at his muscles in the process.

...Would look more natural and lady like anyway, if she was asking questions.

Xaki
"This? I believe those settlers called it a bit, if I'm not mistaken." As if he was reading her thoughts on the matter, he added "It is to help unexperienced settlers or humans when they ride." It was rather silly to him also, why they would let inexperienced riders ride, but really, it wasn't his issue anymore.

Bringing himself to answer the one of many questions, He replied, "Oh, But I suppose it does. But when you have it for a while, its something that you have to get used to." Khan shrugged, chuckling inwardly at how quickly the other mare moved with her questions, and glances. Was the settler's equipment so foreign? He supposed it was, to those who hadn't grown up with it, but his instincts were telling him that the garb on him wasn't the only thing that caught her interest. He couldn't quite put his finger on it.. but there wasn't really interesting about him aside from the garb that he thought, so he dismissed the matter.

"Well, the saddle is so that humans don't fall straight off when they get on. For some reason, we don't match compatibly for most when it comes to skin against skin, some say our fur is quite slippery, so they need to put a few .. accessories to suit them to ride on us. Nice of them to think of our feelings, huh." He said with a joking smile. Well, it wasn't really of a burden, since the garb on him was relatively light. Who knew about others though? "Are you done with your investigation yet? or should I be expecting it to last for quite a while more?" He lifted his gaze to meet hers, and said roguishly. "I appreciate the interest .. but when its about equipment, I don't believe its very flattering to the ego. How about, intead of wounding my ego, we concentrate on something else?"

Paramekia Darkheart
"You let them ride you?" She gasped in surprise at this, creeping ever closer as she kept her eyes trained on his. No wonder he had such a pleasant form if he had to lug that weight around more often than not! The very thought of having a human on her back petrified her and she took a brief second to glance at her fur - it would be completely destroyed if she let one sit on her!

Clearly, she wasn't done with her questions.

"Aren't they heavy, surely it must hurt?" She persisted, slipping closer than ever to lip gently at the saddle in an attempt to discern exactly how it worked. All in all, it was the oddest contraption she had ever seen and it had a really strange smell too - almost a musty one...same couldn't be said for the stallion though.

Nevertheless, she took the opportunity to flick her tail almost teasingly towards his muzzle and drew away at last to a more desirable distance, flicking the braids from her eyes as she returned his roguish smile with a loose one of her own.

"Alas I didn't mean to bruise your ego sir...on the contrary you have a spectacular physique, you just bear very odd...things on you."

Xaki
"Why not? Compared to you and I, and our kind, humans are fatigued too easily. If we're needed, there is no reason not to volunteer if we can help?" His eyes casted down, wistfully for a fleeting moment before he winked at her, "But I don't believe a mares should consider such work though. You wouldn't want to scar your beauty, would you?"

He considered her question, wondering how to answer. "It doesnt hurt, but well, rest assured, I have my own standards." He flashed a grin at her walking slightly around to give her a better view of the saddle on his back. "Normally, there are a few.. than stand out from others, who are also a bit more.." Khan paused thoughtfully wondering how to describe this. ".. endowed than others that would be quite painful if you allowed them." he finished up, unsure if his meaning got across to the other mare. "Well, naturally I object to them, and with a little kick here and there, they are quite easy to be rid of." His tone was slightly disgusted though that he had to resort to such measures at times.

His sullen mood quickly disappeared as he was entertained by the quick n** of his saddle by the mare. Leaning closer, he caught strands of her braided mane to his muzzle as she drew away, and instead pulled her closer to him as he drawled into her ear, "Careful. There's only so much teasing that I can take." Letting her go, he walked to increase the distance between them, as he replied, "Thank you for the compliment. Or half-compliment. You'll get used to these in time, as I dont doubt you'll see more than just I."

(Um. Hopefully I'm RPing him okay <33;; He's my first soquili that I've RP-ed so long wise. ))

Paramekia Darkheart
Had he just done that?

For a few moments the mare stood perfectly still as she recounted the mere seconds that had passed. She had prodded at his saddle to see how the contraption had worked and then, all of a sudden she was far closer to his head than she had recalled. Canting her head to the side ever so slightly, she allowed her ears to swivel first to his voice and then permitted her gaze to slide across as well.

Oho! A stallion with a little 'oomph', now that was rare to find - she would have to make a mental note to invade foreign territory more often, especially with pale faces about.

"I wouldn't know, I've never been around a human long enough," She confessed with a light shrug, waving her tail lazily from side to side as she began to circle the stallion at the distance he had set. So she had under estimated him, he was suitably more forward and had a lot more drive in him than she had previously expected.

For all intents and purposes - he was definitely not whipped.

"Am I to assume that you believe me interested in a little more than the contraptions you have on your bag then?" She enquired at last, a wry and yet suggestive smile on her lips.

Xaki
Khan's body remained still but his jade eyes followed her movements as she circled around him. He hadn't believed that there were such mares from the soquili lands, but the surprises that life threw him. She had a backbone, to say for sure.

".. Why. Not at all?" He said visibly relaxed, with a lazy smile. "After all, we're just two acquaintances having a lovely and innocent conversation, Miss ..?" He asked silkily, walking forward to stop her circling. Now, the distance between them or lack of was downright improper. His gaze, was now looking down at her as lips curved into an amused grin.

(( Sorry its short!)

Paramekia Darkheart
"Sparkles," Sparks replied in an equally relaxed tone, returning his grin with a delicate smile of her own. She wasn't that easily intimidated, she knew that at worst she could use her horn in self defence and therefore she had just a little bit more backbone than most. While she wasn't a violent mare, she did like to enjoy herself - life wasn't weren't living if she couldn't find entertainment and companionship.

"Or Sparks to a certain few," She added after a few moments, arching her neck slightly in response to the distance between them. It was a movement that wasn't an attempt to close the gap, more so...a deliberate move designed to emphasise the fine and delicately chiselled features she possessed. A sign of good breeding was in posture, the arch of the neck being one of those.

She'd made certain to master that as a little filly!

"Nonetheless I did think we were having a rather in depth conversation in relation to the contraptions hindering your form - completely innocent," She retorted after a few moments, though her tone remained light. Allowing her ears to swivel, she relaxed her neck and very gently placed her muzzle against his.

If he wanted to be forward, she could play that game too.

"If you wanted a more risque conversation, I could refer to what else it might hinder, Sir...?" She purred softly.

Xaki
"Sparks then." He repeated, softly, certainly intrigued with the mare. Her movements, and now the arch of the neck, no doubt that wasn't a amature move, was designed to show her good points. What was she like when she was younger? He didn't want to imagine though. Dryly, he wondered if he should've consorting with her but there were no ranks amongst the soquili land. A relief actually. One could not say that for the traditions of Old China, but it was different here.

"Ah yes.. I could certainly say it was in-depth. " He said dryly, knowing that both he and she knew that it was the exact opposite. Slightly surprised, by her muzzle, he laid still . It seemed like after contemplating a few moments of thought in lue to her question, he answered "No doubt we've already shocked passerbys. If we carry on a risque conversations, should we hope that they don't die then?" His voice was slightly husky, as he moved to cover her from sight of those on the road. "But, if you really wanted to, I'd be more than welcome to it." He murmured softly so it was only her ears that heard.

Paramekia Darkheart
((Lmao, that stallion has no honour! *Points accusingly*))

Ranks? Oh there were ranks among soquili who were part of a herd but as a wanderer and a self confessed adventurer, this mare was no longer 'ranked' so to speak. Granted, her parents had been regarded with high respect where she had come from, were in a position of power among their own kind and she would have followed but life inside the infrastructure of a herd was boring.

...Not to mention a little upsetting.

She pulled a face briefly at her own thoughts before ridding them from her mind and providing the stallion with a slight nudge. There was something about him she couldn't quite put her hoof on, he seemed forward and yet as he moved there was just the slightest hesitation in his shoulders. Perhaps he had twinged a nerve or had thought of something as she had done.

She wasn't telepathic, so it didn't really matter.

Nevertheless, as he shrouded her form from view she did have to raise a brow. His voice changed often, yet now it appeared her feminine wiles had appealed to him rather swiftly. Perhaps the contraptions he wore really did 'hinder' him, just to that point where there was longing...a desire.

"Well perhaps I shall elaborate then," If her mother had heard her now, she would have fainted from shock, "That which you wear, would be terribly painful for another to feel," She pointed out suggestively, coiling and uncoiling her tail around her fluffy hooves.

Xaki
(( Well, theres two in this. *points to sparks* What about you? >DD Where has your honor gone? ))

Seeing that she also hesitated, he wondered briefly what was wrong. Some unsettling thoughts, perhaps, like what he had a few moments ago.

Noticing her raised brow, he tried speculate her thoughts, but really. A male mind couldnt understand the female mind, he once heard and agreed with.

Taking care to answer her, He said thoughtfully, "Terribly painful for another to feel? For propriety's sake, I'm going to have to suggest, my bit perhaps?" He gave a soft laugh, his tail swaying from side to side, enjoyably now. If any of his parents were here, well, he'd be in for a loooong lecture. Luckily they werent and he had his own freedom. "but on the other hand.. you do have something that would terribly hurt, if you happened to .. decidely use it on someone."

Paramekia Darkheart
"If you refer to my horn, you are sorely mistaken," Smiling faintly, the mare continued to coil her tail around her fluffy rear hoof and kept her gaze upon him. He seemed to have calmed ever so slightly, he was relaxed around her but the 'risqué' comment and reference to her horn had directed her onto another topic.

As playful as she was, she always educated those around her about the skills of a unicorn.

"Excusing the pun," She added with a small sigh, only just catching her own verbal mishap before continuing, "I can use my horn in two ways, true it can wound another but it also has the ability to heal another as well - in both situations..." She drifted into silence and very gently turned her head, resting her horn ever so slightly against his neck.

True, it was sharp but with no pressure such things wouldn't be felt...at most, all that would be felt would be a slight tingling of whatever magic it possessed - it all depended on how thick his pelt was.

"I must touch another." That being said, she (like any female) flitted between conversations far more quickly than any male and had once again returned to the previous topic.

"And I was definitely not referring to your bit, I was referring to this," She flicked the tip of her tail against his saddle and shook her head, "I should think that would be sore when brushed against my form."

Xaki
"My, what an interesting power. You unicorns are certainly surprising. I daresay, it should be a useful power at times." His gaze rested on her horn for only a moment before it reverted back to her. Her tone showed, that she had pride in herself, and why wouldn't she? He wasn't ashamed that he had served humans, but it wasn't so understandable to other soquili here. But he was glad that Sparks hadn't seemed to care about that fact. Too much did, and it was tiring.

"I cant see how you could perform such miracles without touching." But a simple touch was hardly a price to pay if one could heal. Shifting, to make her more comfortable, he let her rest against him, and did feel warm, with a small sensation emitting from the horn, most probably. But it was more of a soothing feeling so he didnt comment, content with the silence that followed.

Expecting the conversation to have turned back, he chuckled. "Unfortunately for us, its man-made, and probably only taken apart by man. As you can tell in this situation, it can become quite inconvenient." But considering that, it was what struck the first conversation between Sparks and himself, it didn't seem to be that much of one. "But your not sore yet. I believe that we could remedy the problem with a solution if the problem should ever come." Taking a few steps back, he re-positioned himself to be within the same reach of Sparks, but his body farther so that his saddle didnt come into contact. "We stallions have our advantages, I believe."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Mmmm, pleasant head rests," She agreed as she straightened her head and gave a shake of her head. The braids flapped gently against her neck and for the briefest instant her horn emitted a slight pulse of light before returning to its usual self. It was only after a few moments of consideration that she crossed her eyes to look up towards her horn and cooed - a sense of realisation overwhelming her.

...Well her horn was sharp.

"Only taken apart by man you say?" She began at last, refraining from drawing near the saddle again though her eyes did remain fixed on it, "Who is to say I couldn't cut it off?" She mused, turning her gaze back towards Khan in an almost stubborn and haughty manner. Clearly, she still didn't quite grasp the unusual and complex dress coat the stallion appeared to have!

That being said, it wasn't as though she were close enough to complain and have any 'weight' to her argument at present, but for the benefit of all mares she would have to say that if there was one thing that needed to come off - it was that fwumpy thing on his back.

She nodded and gave a snort of agreement to her own thought.

Xaki
"Ah, what ever man likes to hear. He's a pleasant headrest. Surely, thats the high form of flattery?" He asked teasingly, realizing that Sparks had found out something of the sorts about her horn judging from the way she was staring at it. Did she finally realize what he saw? It looked, and probably felt quite sharp.

"Only taken apart intact by man, I should say." Khan amended, correcting his words. "And well, if you cut it off, who would fix it?" Khan asked in a joking manner, wondering if the life of his saddle really was on the line. Sparks seemed to have the determination within her by the way her gaze was intent on it, and she certainly had her horn for it. Slightly alarmed, but he told himself to clam down. After all, Sparks wouldnt do such a thing. Right..?

Paramekia Darkheart
The only way to ensure that she could get that saddle off was if he remained completely still. Her horn wasn't a saw, she couldn't simply chase him round and gradually weaken the leather - no, she would have to plunge at it, at a very specific angle, in order to ensure that the leather gave way and if he skittered about or shuffled then she risked hurting him. As pleasant as the thought was of removing the saddle to benefit the entire of mare-kind...she doubted she would be doing it today.

Shame, shame.

"You would want to wear it again?" Really, this stallion was terribly confusing but she supposed that he liked it for the look. He had, after all, attracted her attention and had maintained it because of the garb so why should he change it now? There was logic in that argument but if he really wanted to seduce a mare on the spur of the moment then it had to come off.

She looked vaguely disappointed, while she had seen potential for that little rendezvous she wouldn't allow that strange leather to ruin her pelt - no sir!

"I suppose a human would fix it if I broke it, but they would say strange things to me and we would be in a rather sorry state of confusion!" She had a point (excusing the pun), humans did say strange things and she never understood them even from a distance - they were rather frightening when they yelled.

"They would yell and I would...blink?"

Xaki
Khan, sensing that the topic had taken a BIG change, to what he'd rather not talk about, stepped back a safe distance from Sparkles, preferably for the safety of his saddle. Casting a slightly suspicious look at Sparks, that clearly warned her that he knew what she was thinking about. No doubt if she succeeded in her goal, he'd have a gaping wound somewhere in his body which no doubt would heal in time, but still.

"Yes I want to wear it still." He said emphatically. "Nothing against those who don't have, but if you had been wearing a saddle your whole life, and its taken off. Well, I know I would feel naked, exposed, whatever you want to say." He grimaced at the strange thought of not having a saddle.

Shame, that the little rendezvous couldn't happen, not if he had a choice of his saddle broken, and possible a gaping hole somewhere in his body or a lovely female.

The mood diffused now, since they both knew that it couldn't happen, had Khan sighing for disappointment. Ah well. He brought his attention back to Sparkles, to the indirect comment still on his saddle. ".. or they would be in a state of confusion wondering how my saddle broke in the first place, Hmmm? And exactly who will tell them that a unicorn decided to rip it. A unicorn. " His voice was dry now, and after he pondered her reaction, he found himself agreeing. "Yes, you'd most definitely blink, wouldn't you? I on the other hand, am a victim."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Well they have seen my kind before," She replied coolly, well aware that more than a few in their 'village' thing had stopped briefly to point at her. They'd even poked their own foreheads and the smaller ones had tugged at the bigger one's legs or arms...whatever it was they were called, Sparkles had never really shown a great deal of interest in humans. It wasn't as if they could even give her anything or do anything for her and she was definitely not going to have those things put on her!

"When they see the large and uncouth tears they will know it is not a human weapon, they will know it is from an animal," she said the words with distaste but given how these settlers treated her kind she could only assume they saw them as subservient. For a mare that came from a proud herd the concept of being inferior to those pale faced people was absurd!

"I should think that if you had taken it off you would find you have a much finer physique beneath - there is only so much staring a mare can do in relation to a stallion's legs before she grows bored." Releasing a loose shrug, the mare allowed her ears to swivel at the sounds of the settlement behind her and shook her head.

"Besides, it looks like you're hiding something," She added with a mild pout of her equine lips.

Xaki
Khan, surprised by Spark's change of tone assume that she must've had only bad experience with the humans. Maybe these settlers perhaps? He knew that more than not, soquilis often came across the worse of the bunch, than the kind humans that he had once been associated with. It was tempting to tell her the good side of humans, but if he were in her shoes, he'd need undeniable proof, not words of a stranger.

Abandoning the thoughts of wanting to change her mind, he listened intently before commenting "But you seem different than making large and uncouth tears. You strike me as differently, but I donut know you that well, so forgive me if I am mistaken?" he said with a rueful expression, his ears slightly bend down.

".. and back to the saddle. Here I wonder if you have a personal grudge against this, an inanimate object. " he stated in a joking manner, walking around her. The state of inactivity had made him restless, so to satiate it, he walked, but kept a steady flow of conversation with Sparks. "But funny. I always thought the sentimental saying was to look inside, not of the outwardly appearances. But having a handsome appearance doesnt hurt." His tone was casual as he gave a shrug to this thought.

Surprised at the sudden observation of him, he answered"But everyone has secrets to hide. I doubt, that you dont have one or two skeletons hiding in your closet." his voice was cheerful, as he added. "Dont pout like that, you know that I'm right, in a sense at least."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Perhaps," Her reply was simply as she began to watch him pace. It seemed that being still agitated him and there was a part of her that as aware she could fix that little problem in a heart beat. Still, she refused to submit herself to any form of pain and was all too aware that the thing on him would do nothing more than make her uncomfortable!

So she wouldn't say it out loud, but she knew it was the truth.

"And perhaps I do hold a personal grudge to it, it limits what you can do and see...what you can experience." She shook her head and flattened her ears against the top of her head. Why was it that these whipped and tamed Soquili found it so hard to grasp what wonders awaited them, why was it they clung to these things in such a way?

"You are too afraid of ruining that thing, you will never be able to swim, to dive beneath the waters or to enjoy the thundering waterfalls... You will never see the treasures that wait within deep and damp caves - all because it will destroy that thing." She sounded disgruntled. It was as though that object prevented settled soquili from doing everything she enjoyed.

"That and while you are so attached to your 'object', you fail to respect the pain that a mare would go through if she gave you her company!" She snapped irritably. She probably wouldn't be the first to point this tiny hitch out but she had no doubt there would be some mares who would endure the pain just for the glory at the end.

Well she wasn't one of them - she liked an even pelt, not a torn one thank you very much!

Xaki
Khan, listening to the mare with half an ear, didn't know whether to be amused or irritated. It had appeared that he had hit the mark. It appeared that Sparks didnt quite have an affinity for settlers or saddles. The thought made him smile, and keeping his grin inwardly to himself, as if not to anger Sparks further, Khan was intrigued by the thought, that perhaps one day she might go against her own teachings.

But still, what she said made sense. It was true his saddle limited many things, and her argument did make sense, but could he put his feeling into words? This was the only thing that he had left from his homeland, the only proof of the memories that he had lived with his human, Mulan. That reason wasn't parlor conversation type, after all. Brooding, and quiet, he knew that he couldn't tell such a private part of himself, and couldn't retort back to Spark's comments.

No longer filled with the amusement from earlier, and subdued at his memories, her speech, his thoughts, everything, His ears flattened in response. Yes, he knew what Sparks was saying, he had known it for his entire life, but it was a bit hard to listen to it being put into words. Deciding to brush past her reasons, He asked her with a hint of irony, "Do you think thats news to me? I've known that for my entire life. Do you think its inconvenient only for you? I've been living it my entire life. But theres a reason behind this, and I cant explain it." His voice grew soft, and gave her an affection nuzzle. "Those material desires cant compare with it, once you've found it. I hope that one day, when you come across more of life, with more experiences, you'll understand this feeling one day."

"Now that I've been here long enough, I believe I should leave, Dont you?" He asked cheerfully, his mood, a sudden arupt of change. "I think you need to, too. Dont you?

Paramekia Darkheart
"What I speak of is not material, it is emotional," She responded gently, shaking her head as he gave her a nudge. She knew he was trying to be polite - pleasant if she were to be precise and while it did 'dull' the blow of his words it still annoyed her. Even with the nudge he had referred to her as young and naive when she was fairly certain she had experienced and seen much more than he had of this free world.

...And she had been without a human.

"But for one who seems trapped, for whatever reason that may be...attached to such a thing as a newborn to its mother it is impossible for you to understand." Perhaps when he had explored the Kawani lands a little more and couldn't experience all the activities she spoke to then he would understand that there would times when even the strongest needed to feel vulnerable and exposed.

"Nonetheless if my company troubles you," and she was certain it did by how the conversation had turned, "I will honour your subtle request by taking my leave."

Xaki
"Perhaps." he said simply, knowing that she knew more about the soquili lands, because after all, he had only been here for a short while. But it wasn't him, to discard his morals from the world he came from. Just because he was in a new place, it didnt mean that he wouldn't discard it now. In fact, it was because he was in this new, and muchly foreign world, his morals had strengthened.

Knowing the turn of thoughts, she had taken towards him, most likely that he was being close-minded in his saddle, he had to wonder at the insensitivity of hers. Why did she constantly criticize his decision? Was it because she thought it was best for him? Some understanding would be nice here, Khan thought a bit sullenly. Just because the Kawani didn't treat them well, didn't mean all humans were like that. Certainly not his human.

But that probably wouldn't make sense to Sparks. Deciding to take leave, he stopped circling to face Sparks.

"Your company doesn't trouble me, I still enjoy it." He paused for a fleeting moment before continuing, "But our conversation certainly ended on the wrong end. Maybe we'll see each other again? Have a safe trip home." His tone was casual as those of acquaintances, as he left.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Maybe," She murmured somewhat softly as she watched him go for a little while before turning and making her way back towards where her vantage point had been. However, this time she had no intention of watching the settlement for any length of time and opted instead to make the climb back up the slopes to where she had been the previous morning - all right so it was a little cold up there at the moment but it had some nice views.

Shaking the braids in her mane lightly, she made her way tentatively up the slopes to avoid any mishaps and used her tail for balance. Perhaps one day she would meet the stallion again and perhaps by the time she did he would realise that her disdain only existed because it caused him to experience so many limitations.

Her father had always said that it was important to sabour every experience and to try new things.

She firmly agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:07 am
Mean, Much?
[ Horses: Khan - Taerar ]

Xaki

Khan, taking a deep breath then sighed. What a new, foreign land. It was so different from the land of China, yet it wasn't. "What am I doing here?" He had asked himself several times already still not having found an answer. He curiously poked a few rocks here and there, and peered under the undergrowth of plants and trees. This place seemed most certainly.. empty. Puzzled by this conclusion, his brows settled in a uncomfortable manner, and he stamped his hooves in disbelief. There had to be somebody, anybody would actually do fine right about now. He gave a shrill whinny, tossing his mane back, his jade eyes glinted in the sunlight, as he trotted to a cliff, grazing the surroundings.

Taerar Licorne
Taerar drank quietly from a stream, letting the cool water take the edge off of the choking summer heat. If it got much worse, he was prepared to follow the stream to its accompanying pond and lay in the water for a while, but he could bear the heat a little longer.

He frowned and lifted his head when he heard a noise not too far away, narrowing eyes like embers. He hated it when he was disturbed and thought this area was relatively uninhabited. With a snort, Taerar started in the direction of that noise to drive off whoever dared trespass.

Xaki
Khan, hearing an intruding noise, turned back to look at the spot he had just left to find somebody else on it. "Why, hello there..?" He asked puzzled by the appearance of this new soquili. He had such a mean expression, Khan discarded it as having a bad day, perhaps? And a long horn. Hm. How odd that was.

Khan stepped a few steps forward, able to see the guest much more clearly than he had before. The new soquili, seemed to be quite wet around his muzzle, so one had to guess that he had just been drinking, Preferably water, to think. And speaking of water, the air seemed warmer already. It wasn't like him, to be so preoccupied as not to have noticed this blazing heat. And it was even more so hot, because of the accessories Khan carried upon his back. "Would you direct me to a place with water? Looking at you, makes me quite thirsty, and it's even more so hot, because of .. this." He stared back at his "saddle" as if to indicate that, before his green eyes reverted back to the new soquili waiting for an answer.

Taerar Licorne
Taerar snorted a puff of smoke at the intruder's question before scoffing his answer, "Use your nose to find it - the scent of water is clearly evident even in this heat. Or are you too domesticated to do so?" He knew signs of domestication when he saw them, and it disgusted him. Taerar would never demean himself to allow anyone to saddle him, and anyone who tried would meet a swift end by his horn.

Xaki
Khan stared, a bit surprised but regained his composure as easily as he had lost it. Apparently, this soquili wasnt just having a bad day. "I suppose one's face shows the true personality, and here I thought you were just having a bad day!" He said cheerfully, as he stared to walk past the soquili, sniffing slightly before he determined the direction.

"And for your information, domesticated doesnt mean you lose your senses." He snorted, disliking this soquili's stereotyping of him, already. Was it because of the saddle? Well, quite frankly, he was proud of it, and cared what no one thought. If he was stupid enough to judge by appearances, let him walk blinded in life.

Khan, continuing to walk to the stream, called over his back, "I think it was customary to say, its a pleasure to meet you, but sadly it wasnt." His voice was slightly edged, as he grimaced at his previous thoughts. Anybody would be fine to meet, huh. Be careful what you wished for.

Taerar Licorne
Taerar snorted again and shook out his mane, turning to watch the other stallion as he passed. "Perhaps if you were not trespassing, I might believe you," he scoffed. "But as you are, clearly something must have been dulled by those who bridled you if you think you can walk so smugly on territory which is neither yours nor open to anyone." And this strange one carried that sign of domestication so proudly - what a fool. "Were you bred kowtowing to man, or have you ever tasted freedom before?"

Xaki
"Trespassing? I didn't know that you could 'claim' land like that." He seemed to contemplate the issue before an idea occurred to him. "I know! Are you like those vulgar bears and you peed over this so-called territory of yours? Thats the only way that I believe, a brute like you could claim the territory, isn't it?" His expression was made out to be innocent, as if he hadn't just made an insult to the new soquili.

Without waiting for an answer, Khan decided to humor this soquili. Quitequite fun, after all. "Oouh, I walked smugly? I never knew that I could have!" He said in a high pitched voice, imitating one of a little girl that squealed or something of the sort.

Khan, muffled a laugh within him, as he cleared his throat. "Ahem." his ears bent downward, as he tilted his head, and asked seriously "What do you define freedom? I would say, it's doing simply what you want to do, and if its that, I've been doing it my entire life. I wanted to serve under my human, and I wanted to help her. I also .. want to have my drink of water in peace." He added, emphasizing his last sentence, as to refer back to the present. "But hm. I seem to be interrupted by the 'claimed' owner of these parts. Is there anyway you could dissapear?"

Taerar Licorne
Taerar snorted once more, lashing his tail though he maintained his cool. Let this whelp think petty insults would solve everything - it only showed how immature he was. "I mark my territory by burning the boundaries," he stated, stamping a hoof down as if to emphasize that point, the grass under his hoof whithering and smoking with a few wisps of smoke. Taerar turned back to the stream to quench his thirst once more. With any luck, this upstart would be gone soon. It was too miserable and scorching a day to spend it fighting off such a stupid stallion.

Xaki
Khan, looked puzzled for a moment, and then amused. "That was unexpected, but no less entertaining. Your quite the surprising figure, if I may say so. " Khan, quiet now fell into step with the other stallion, since they were both heading the same way. Towards the stream, of course~

"Isn't it hot to have those flames on a blazing day such as this?" Khan asked abruptly, his gaze directed towards the other stallions hooves once again. "It doesnt burn you or anything? Fire normally does that, along with many other harmful things." His voice was subdued, without the spirit he had, had earlier. Suddenly, his ears perked, and Khan had a relieved look to him quickening his pace to the stream, his parched throat hungrily lapping the water.

Taerar Licorne
Taerar shook out his mane and lowered his head back down to the water to once again quench his thirst before responding, "My hooves are not on fire - they are merely hot enough to burn vegetation." He was quite proud of that fact, especially at the fact that he could tone down the heat so the grass did not suffer whenever he wished. After all, it would not do to burn up all of the grass he needed to eat.

Xaki
Khan lifted his head, water drops still glistening on his muzzle raised an eyebrow in disbelief at the comment but shrugged. "Must be nice." He said flatly, clearly not believing what the other soquili said. But Khan didnt think whether he believed or not, mattered to this soquili, simply because it wouldn't matter to him what others thought of him.

Finished with the stream, Khan gazed at the sky hoping that the clouds would relieve him from the sun, hopefully by covering it sooner than later, but that was too much to hope for. Nature didn't take commands, it ordered it. Sighing dejectedly, he glanced over his shoulder to the other soquili still drinking. Hm. Conversing him wasn't easy, nor did he care to anymore.

Taerar Licorne
Taerar finally lifted his head and shook out his mane once more, his thirst quenched for another few moments at least. He too frowned at the sun, narrowing his fiery eyes before snorting and starting down the stream without a second glance to the other soquili. The heat was not going to improve if he just stood here if it improved at all, and his previous idea of laying down in the water by the edge of the pond was sounding better by the moment. He refused to voice the idea to the other though lest that entice the whelp to follow him. If he was still in his territory by the next day, Taerar would take it upon himself to chase him out, but right now, it was just too hot and miserable a day to be bothered.

Xaki
Khan, stretched for a moment, before glancing at the other soquili. There was nothing of interest to actually keep him here any longer. He supposed that if he had those types of people in his homeland, there was no reason why they shouldnt be here. He sighed, a bit with exasperation and fustration. Maybe he would meet with this soquili again one day, but in his current mood, he had no desire to stay behind and stay ignored. Making his decision, he sipped a bit more water, before his glance settled on the other soquili, and he said, "I'm tired of this. Its all repetition with you. If this is how you behave, I hope you have enough sense not to drive any of your friends away, if they havent already." He added the last part in, and snorted to him. He turned around, so that his back faced the other soquili, and he left, the sound of his footsteps growing smaller and smaller.

Xaki

Xaki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:21 pm
A moonlit night, a tad bit scary?
[ Horses: Khan - Notos ]

Xaki

Khan, trotted into the cool night air, quite relieved. It had been so very hot during the daytime, but like always, night seemed to cool down. Khan, walked a few steps to encounter an open meadow, and began to graze, careless of the fact that he should've been more conspicuous. Oh well, if it was fate to encounter somebody or something, there was no reason to hide.

Oblivious to the fact that Khan was illuminated in the moonlight, his eyes roamed over the meadow with the gentle wind rustling the grass blades, and the darkness of the forest, that seemed always .. occupied with the constant breaking of the twig, the rustle of the leaves, the sharp sounds of the critters, and so much more that lurked behind the shadows of the forest. Not quite used to this, Khan stamped his hooves apprehensively.

Ameh
The landing was graceful, composed, and simply perfect. The winged stallion had settled onto the forest's comforting grass, digging his hooves into the dirt that welcomed him. His walk suddenly began, brisk, and as silent as the winds around him. Heading towards the forest's outskirts, the stallion began to wonder why he had chosen to land in the midst of the forest instead of simply flying down to the open land...

Oh, yes. Though his black body nearly matched the black of the night itself, he couldn't wander without worry into open sight yet. The land was unfamiliar to him. But though the winds had carried him here, he still had... some sort of an intuitive and odd feeling about the place. He couldn't quite understand what that feeling was trying to tell him...

He stopped. A noise of several clops abruptly sounded, and ears stood straight up. Hesitation came for a while, but then the stallion snorted and proceeded towards the source of the air's disruption. After all, it couldn't possibly be something that proved to be a danger to him.

Xaki
Khan, already quite nervous, whirled around quickly as he heard approaching footsteps in addition to a shiver down his back. A black clad figure, actually quite similar to himself was standing near him, and as Khan tilted his head to observe the 'one'. He tried to calm his nerves. No doubt, an overworked imagination plus a keen sense of hearing didn't do him any good.

Oh, that was surprising, as a thought registered in Khan's muddled brain. This one had wings. Flame hooves, and next wings. Yes, this place was most definitely odd. Hesitantly, Khan spoke up " You have wings..? This land is becoming odder and odder in my eyes already." He tossed his mane as if to clear his eyes, and blinked at the newcomer. Yes, he wasn't seeing things.

Ameh
Once the stallion broke into the uncluttered, free air of the clearing, his footing faltered as a mirage seemed to bewilder him. The other in front of him looked similar to his own image. Impossible. He had wings, and the stranger did not. A disappointing coincidence...

And one that was obvious to the stranger as well. A sigh escaped the stallion's mouth as he pondered on whether it would be beneficial to reply to the stranger's inquiry.

"They are quite contrasting, aren't they?" he began, "and I share the same sentiments as you, perhaps... I am called Notos. I take it you are new to these grounds as well?"

He flashed a sincere smile to the other stallion -- it was good to share something with the first stranger he had met, though it may not be well in the future in terms of directions... "And I also take it that you do not know where one might find a good resting place for the night."

Xaki
Noticing the sigh, Khan said cheekily, "I hope that it wasn't me that made you sigh, or else I may have to endeavor to entertain you which would make me out as the fool, and you to be the recipient of a very humiliating performance." Khan partially chuckled, good-naturedly as he tried to answer the stallion's other comments.

"Contrasting is much nicer, than the case of having some random color, in which it would not contrast but plainly stand out to make your appearance uglier than it actually is." Khan said cheerfully. "But aside from that, to answer your question, its nice to meet somebody also new to these grounds." His gaze riveted over the moonlit landscape, as he rolled his eyes. "These grounds, which also have many different (and weird) sights to behold, which in turn no doubt, will holds a number of unpleasant surprises for us." His voice had a slight ironic edge, as he let out a depleted sigh at the thought. This was going to get tiring.

But it certainly wasn't for now. Khan, feeling his mood lift at the Noto's smile, grinned widely in return but it turned apologetic at Noto's question. "Unfortunately, I don't disappoint. I've been exploring myself, but nothing to sleep on or in." He paused, to add sheepishly giving Notos a guilty look, "Well, it doesn't really help if your not looking for those things either.."

Ameh
Notos flipped his hair and held his head high, shrugging off the stallion's comment at his sigh. "No need to worry, calm down." The stranger sure liked to... explain himself and describe, so to speak. The stallion pretended to interest himself in whatever the other had to say, but his courtesy failed to hold up as Notos found himself well, mixed up in the speech. Was he just called ugly...?

"I suppose, I suppose..." he said slowly, hoping it would confirm his reliable listening ability, "So, new stranger. What might I be able to call you by?"

He ruffled his wings and stared at the other stallion in a hidden disapproval. "And pity you don't have wings. We could have flown around and sought out shelter. There are some places wings may find that hooves cannot. Mayhaps I leave you here to seek out some for myself." Notos added a chuckle to his last comment to keep up the somewhat spirited mood.

Though he himself did not feel tired, he knew he had to find someplace to reside in for the night -- someplace safe, preferably. He had not rested in a long time, having traveled to the lands from an enduring journey. Though his black body may have given him decent camouflage against the dark night, it was his wings and ruby amulet that occasionally gave him away to predators.

Xaki
Slightly chagrined, that Notos had to ask twice for his name, his reply was rueful."My name is Khan." He gave him a slight bow, and after some thought, added, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Notos."

"A shame." Khan said affirmatively, thoughtfully staring at his back, where the wings would've been if he had them. ".. But I don't believe the place I remember had anybody with wings.." His voice trailed off, as he realized that discussing his past was not something anyone would be interested in. Bringing himself back to the original topic that Notos was speaking of, his smile turned wry at the truth of his words. "As much as I dislike admitting defeat, That's entirely too true. Hooves are at a farther disadvantage than those of wings." His glances riveted towards the sky, with its sparkling stars and streaming moonlight before he answered. "Leaving to fly, or staying with limited stallion." His expression was dry as he asked. "I would say, we both know what would be the better one."

Khan realized, that even if it was his first night here, he couldn't dwell or sleep in the open. To do that, would be inviting danger to himself, and unlike his friend here, probably wouldn't be able to escape as easily if he needed to. Aside from that, this saddle of his, made him look all the more .. domesticated and would lead to conclusions that he wouldn't need or want. "We both need to find a place to stay, don't we? It'd be mad to stay in the open." His eyes were no longer on Notos though, as they were distracted with the task of scanning their surroundings for any sign of shelter.

Ameh
"Pleasure indeed," Notos reaffirmed, smiling that such a grounded being as Khan was able to make sense of his eminent meeting. But high emotion quickly turned to alarm at Khan's description of a place where no one had wings. "How can that many get along without wings without stirring up war between each other? Really?"

He glanced at the odd artifact on Khan's back -- he had almost missed them as the night's shadows almost completely veiled them. He supposed those were the result of restrictive forces and thought that maybe whole populations of his kind without wings were possible if things like those were. "I guess you couldn't have wings with those things on your back," he added, "So I suppose I'll stay." Interest, perhaps tinged with a bit of pity compelled him to.

"Right, quite a conclusion," he vaguely mouthed with a smile. "Do you see anything?" He stopped to gawk in the same manner as Khan and almost as soon as he had begun to scan, added, "Or perhaps we could walk while we seek, and share along the way?"

Xaki
Turning around at Noto's words, he shook his head in disagreement/ "Personally, I believe that if any of us had wings, that would stir a far greater war than not having." He said dryly. "After all, nature covets what they dont have. Imagine yourself in a group with no wings, the advantages of battling within air, and I can say honestly, you certainly wouldn't come out unscathed."

Noticing the glance at his saddle, he tilted his head in amusement. Finally noticed? Khan suppose that he couldn't blame the delay since it was the dark but... Shame. he expected more of Notos than that.

But if they were on the topic, it would do well to converse. "Yes, I suppose your right on that point. But if we had wings, we may never have had these saddles in the first place. But this is speculation, after all, who knows what could've happened?" He shrugged, not too concerned over the matter. Wings or not, they were both similarly the same. But he was relieved that Notos had decided to stay.

Returning to the topic of shelter, he answered "Not at all. There isnt anything around here that doesnt even remotely look like shelter." He grimaced slightly, in disappointment. But his ears perked, at the new suggestion as he replied, "That sounds fine, shall we take that path?" His mood had brightened as he nodded towards one of several, but albeit clearer than others, path.

Ameh
A smile carved itself in Notos's face as he was firmly contradicted. What fun, for he had been treated with more dignity than that where he had come from. Protected he was, perhaps, or those around him were too frightened to speak out against Notos. "Well engaged, Khan, well engaged," he muttered under his breath. He saw no use in pursuing the subject, but maybe another day... the contraption on Khan's back certainly knew no advantage to battle, so that could quite well be the reason why Khan had argued back. A hindrance on one's back would surely be too humiliating to bare.

"And 'saddles', you call them?" He paused to scoff. "What from, certainly not the spirits? I suppose it is not in my right to say since I have no knowledge of the circumstances, but you seem to be too proud of it for your own good." He snorted and then, after a while, let it go. He shouldn't be burning any bridges yet, or at least this early.

"Anyways, we will find something. I mean, if nothing else comes up, a nice large trunk would suffice for me, though it would be quite degrading, you know?" Notos looked over at Khan and had a sudden thought: Well, I don't think you, with your inability for flight and trap on your back, could know the feeling. A sharp gaze only gave away the spontaneous assessment. "We will go with your choice for now, but may luck be with you if you have chosen unwisely." He winked and proceeded onto the path, leaving Khan lagging slightly behind to dwell on his last statement.

Xaki
"Yes, we certainly call them saddles." Khan said, still having a smile, but verging at annoyance at Noto's words. "I would say the same for your wings too." .. "stolen from the birds, no doubt." He muttered in a low voice, that could only be heard by himself. As far as Khan knew, Notos had burned any remaining bridges with him he had left. But it wouldn't do any good to be rude, so Khan also dropped the subject.

Instead, he concentrated on Noto's next words, feeling like he was only listening with only half an ear. "A trunk. I don't believe that we'll find that anywhere here. But have fun with that." Khan said blankly. Was that from experience? He would sleep in a man made thing, and still insult Khan's saddle? What the hell.

Keeping his thoughts to himself, he stored the bit of information in the back of his mind, and decided to focus on what was happening presently. He peered, feeling Noto's gaze on him, but refused to acknowledge it. His current thoughts were, Dark forests, and dark horses went well together in a camouflage, but in anything other situation, well, that didn't work out.

He was interrupted in his thoughts as he stopped in his tracks for a few seconds at Noto's words, before resuming his walk, making sure to keep a steady pace with Notos. He stared with narrowed eyed at Notos. Had he just been threatened? He made a note to himself, that Notos was someone not to be trifled with. A threat combined with a wink? Together, and separately, was both contradicting. Confused by Notos, he stayed in silence, while walking alongside him. You are one creepy stallion. he thought to himself, slightly alarmed at him.

Ameh
"Ha!" Notos remarked, almost joyously, at Khan's provocative reply. If Khan continued, Notos was going to soon feel possibly something short of... respect for him. The thought almost made Notos shudder in face of his amusement.

"Eh? Well, I doubt trunks would not be here, unless this land does not experience lightning or fires. Hm?" Notos continued along his path happily, as his company suited him to light the mood up. It was also pleasurable knowing that he would soon get rest -- something his body was beginning to alert him to acquire. "Almost there now, almost there now..." he promised it.

Minutes seemed to pass by before either stallion had said a word. So perhaps his suggestion of sharing while walking was dumped. A small frown found its way into Notos's expression. Alright, if silence was what the other had wanted... Perhaps he should take flight right here and now to alleviate him the frustration of the grounded Khan.

But no. Khan had proved himself to be worthy of being pleasing company once, so maybe it must be Notos that had to break the silence before their trip came to an end. "So... you are new to this land too, right. Have you seen any other life on the grounds? Any others like... me... you?"

Notos's words came out slowly at the end, for his attention started to focus on something he spied vaguely in the distance. Shelter..? Was that a cave he was seeing?

Xaki
Khan, looking back at Noto's questioningly, decided to pretend he never heard that sound. He figured that well, both he and Notos was odd, and so, whatever happened, it happened.

"Eh?" He repeated, wondering why on earth there would be trunks. Trunks were a valued commodity, after all, one did not simply leave one.. lying there. Soquili lands may have been different but were the villagers really different than the humans he knew? He hadn't thought so, but if Notos said, well it had to be true.

Still confused on the matter of trunks, he decided to answer, before it was believed that he was ignoring the other stallion. "I'm new.." he said vaguely. "But you are the first winged.." He coughed to mutter under his breath. "and conceited" .. "one I know. I've met a unicorn also, and a rude stallion, but other than that, my list of new acquaintances have been limited. Is there anybody that you would like to introduce me to? He raised an eyebrow at Notos, but his voice had trailed off, as he had finally noticed what Notos had noticed. There was something darker ahead, maybe an entrance to a cave? The relief was almost physical, as he thought that he could finally drop these "supplies" and rest.

Ameh
A slight shake of the head indicated Notos's frustration with Khan's seemingly... lack of comprehension at his words. Ah well, perhaps if they met in the future, he would then understand.

"I see..." Notos droned, going over Khan's words. "The... first... only winged? The only breed of the wind?" He mulled the thought over. "Puzzling. And a unicorn. There are more wonders for me to encounter throughout these lands, I suppose, then..."

Then, with a puff of his chest, Notos gave a sharp chuckle and proudly stated, "Of course there would be no one I would introduce you to -- or not now, at the very least. I am the only stallion you need be introduced to, and I have already done that!" Smiling but body lowering, he continued, "But aside from that -- you are the only one I have seen on these lands. I suppose I am more new than you. Back where I was from..."

Then again, how did he get to these lands? Was it the wind itself that blew him towards an unknown atmosphere? Strange. His old home... It felt as if that was all in the past--a very long time ago. Notos apparently had forgotten where he was in speech as well, and so began with a new question:

"Khan, you are the first I have met on these lands. You look somewhat similar to me, I must admit," which was hard, as Notos did not think anyone would ever be comparable to himself, "So are the two you previously encountered similar to us..?" In his mind, he had seriously hoped not; it would be harder for him to gain a new reputation in these lands if that were so... "Despicable it is to blend into a crowd..." he muttered.

Xaki
"You havent seen them?" Khan was slightly surprised when he remembered that Notos was new to the land also. That would make sense then... and if Notos was surprised, there was no doubt that there were alot more sights that he had yet to see, and it would probably surprise him all the more.

He stared in dry amusement at Notos next comment, and he had to admit, Notos was prideful. It wasnt a bad thing, but it wasnt always good either. Well, Notos was smart. He would know better, than other soquili how to handle it. Deciding to reply to Notos, since no doubt he was waiting for an answer, he chuckled. "Not very humble, are you? But I suppose that you are good enough, for a male." His eyes twinkled mischievously. Taken aback at Notos next comment, his playfulness disappeared as he mulled over that fact. He was the only one?

He wondered, by the time, or if, he and Notos met up again, would Notos have met more soquili? It was likely, but one never knew.

Notos voice drifted into his muddled thoughts, and he jerked back to the conversation. ".. eh?" He racked his brain, of the soquili he had met, and shook his head slowly. Not of those he had met, he hadn't met those similar to him and Notos. Something vague bothered him though, as if he couldn't reply no to Noto's question. Deciding to go with his instincts, he said apprehensively, "I haven't seen anymore like you and I, especially not of the ones I've met, but .. I don't get the feeling that we're the only ones that have this sort of appearance." He had to agree with Notos on the subject. It was a bit .. annoying to know that you were a copy, of sorts, or something along those lines. But it was something he'd have to accept, so Khan sighed, letting his glance drift, until he rached Notos wings and a thought struck him. "But look? You have wings, and I have a saddle. In that aspect, we are vastly different. Surely, even our coloring is the same, there is something that sets up apart."

Ameh
Notos nodded in reply to all of Khan's questions. A flicker of a smirk even showed itself when Khan had commented on his humbleness, or lack thereof. Good enough to you, am I, Khan? He laughed inside. Perhaps that would do for a friendship between the two of them. "You are, how should I say... my first friend." He looked to the stars - or whatever he could make of the sky through the treetops - and smiled.

"And I see... we must be two of a kind, at least for the time being," Notos continued, chuckling, "Except for that fact that I may well be the more handsome of us both, dare I say?" He winked.

At last, Notos stopped as he noticed that the two were a mere several feet away from a cave opening. "We are here at last, Khan." He stomped weakly on the ground a couple of times tentatively. "Do you think anything is inside? Hmm," he contemplated, mostly to himself. But if there was any living thing within the cave, surely it wouldn't mind sharing the enclosure with the two... And if it was anything dangerous, he was well protected with Khan, he supposed. If anything went wrong, flight would be the last alternative which he never preferred. Cowardice never was good in Notos's world.

"But I suppose it is the only thing we have, if we are to acquire decent sleep tonight. In we go, then?" he said with an additional yawn concluding his last words.

Xaki
Friend? Notos was his first friend too, actually. The stallion he had met before, they had no mutual like for each other, and the unicorn was perhaps flirty, maybe acquaintances but he couldn't call her a friend, after how their conversation ended. It was on the tip of his tongue to say a reply, but he kept his mouth shut. Better to keep quiet than let Noto's ego become more inflated. He grinned at the thought.

"Perhaps we are, for now." He said easily, before he swerved around to meet Noto's gaze. Giving him a short glance, as to assess him, he replied, "Hmm. I'll reserve opinion on that." His mouth curved into a wry grin in return to his wink.

He had a brief moment of surprise, that they had actually found something, before his glance, adverted to the cave now, sniffed the air, checking for signs of anything. Nothing, stood out, unless you counted a musty cave smell. No doubt, Notos was checking for the same thing, judging from his actions.

"I suppose we've come to the same conclusion." He said, feeling tired by the moment. Now that it was known that they had found a place to sleep, it seemed that the fatigue from the fews finally settled in. He noticed the yawn coming from Notos, and said a bit tiredly, "Lets go in then. I dont know about you, but I feel as dead as well, the dead."

Ameh
"I see..." Notos paused before leading the way into the cave. "Dead as the dead?" he repeated. "Well, if you do end up being that way someday, I will make sure that the memory of your name will be honored as a friend of mine."

He said the last part perhaps too solemnly, but it could have simply been the wave of night lethargy hitting him. He motioned for Khan towards a spot in the cave that had less jagged rocks and pebbles than the other parts, and began to clear some of the excess dirt away. He flapped once quickly and harshly with his wings, and the gust blew most of the debris off to the side. From the spot, the two would also be able to see if anything came in at the mouth of the cave, and would have enough time to plan retaliation if it was a predator. The night was almost perfect.

"Come now, perhaps you would like to stay close to me in case you are frightened by nighttime crawlers," Notos teased. He nodded to Khan that he was done with his part on cleaning their space, and laid down quietly. For a fleeting moment, he looked at Khan and smiled to himself. He would feel secure tonight, sleeping with this stranger... And with that, he lowered his head to the ground and closed his eyes.

Xaki
"Lets hope, that it doesnt happen in the first place." Khan said nodding off. He wasnt sure whether to take Notos seriously or not, but preferred the latter option, as his brain was much too tired to think.

Yawning, as Notos flapped his wings, his muddled mind registered that wings were indeed a useful advantage, no doubt much more than regular horses. But now wasnt the time to ponder, as he walked over to a cleared spot, but a distance away from Notos. Notos had chosen a good spot, but for different reasons, Khan thought privately. The cool night air was able to reach into the depths of the cave, where they were, anyways, and gave a comfortable place to sleep.

Feeling his legs give way, he leaned to one side of the wall, in order to make himself confortable as well as with the saddle, and letting his head drop to the ground, he replied a bit drowsily, "Who do you think your talking about? Yourself?" But his word fell on deaf ears, as he realized that Notos was asleep already, and he gave a smile, before following after Notos, and his eyes closed, almost immediately falling asleep.

Ameh
The morning ray seeped in through the cave, dark as it was on its own. A bright beam had reached the resting eyes of Notos, and he stirred in response. The day was still very young, but the beginning trilling of avians had already drifted within the confines of the cave.

Finally, an eye flickered open.

Another black steed with something odd on its back was lying nearby... Ah, yes, it was Khan, the kind male whom Notos had taken refuse with last night. He was still dreaming away, no doubt by the look on his face. Of course, he must not have been used to waking to a glorious new day filled with limitless possibilities to show off ones own glory.

In one smooth move, Notos quickly got up as quietly as he could and gazed down at the form that was Khan. He would be fine by himself for now, with or without wings. It was not in Notos's nature to stay any longer.

He sped up when he left his spot, knowing that his hooves pounding against the cave floor would echo against the hollow space, raising the possibility of Khan awaking to the noise. Then, he was at the mouth of the cave, and the morning light blinded him for a moment before his eyes adjusted. He felt a wave of wind brush past his face, and then he knew it was time -- with a great swing, Notos lifted off into the air, vanishing from sight from the cave.

And he thought to himself... May we cross paths again, my friend...

Xaki
Feeling blinded, Khan stirred for a few moments, certainly not used to the morning rays that infiltrated the cave. His body wanted to sleep longer, but his mind was no longer asleep, but awake. He wasn't a lazy person by nature, but last night had been .. been what? Khan's mind was drowsy, as if a fog, had settled upon it, before he cleared his head, shaking himself to be awake.

Ah. last night, he had been with Notos. Letting his gaze search the cave, it settled upon a clear spot, obvious that one had been sleeping there. Vague footprints showed that Notos had left him behind. Grimacing, he grumbled, "Could've given me a warning, why not?" but he wasn't surprised. Something had told him, that they wouldn't have a heart warming goodbye or something of the sorts. Shivering, that it'd be completely out of Noto's character to do that, he was glad that Notos had left him the way he did. A feeling of loneliness crept upon him, but he shook it off, as he stood up, wiping the dust off himself, dust that had settled upon him in the night.

"To a new day, and a new adventure." He said outloud to himself, letting his mouth curve into a grin, as he walked out of the cave, and let his words fall upon the wind, "May we meet again, later, Notos.. my friend."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:44 pm
Taking a Stroll
[ Horses: Calantha - Pegasusmon ]

Lunarflowermaiden
It was a warm sunny morning, with just the hint of fall in the air. As the sun rose higher into the sky, a young mare made her way through the open fields, cutting a path through the tall yellowing grasses. It was a bit strange, considering she had wings and didn't need to walk. But today she felt like taking a stroll would be good. She watched as insects darted in front of her, but still watched the land and sky for someone to talk to.

Xaki
The landing was perfect, Pegasus thought, as a smile curved his lips. It wasnt anything to be particularly happy about, but in a new land, one was never sure of what he might do. The winged stallion stepped onto the grass, before his direction reverted to something else. He glanced, to see another, soquili, they called it, walking towards him. She had wings also, he mused.

"Hello there!" He called out, unsure of what reception he might recieve. Well, in the worst situation, he could fly away. Letting his wings fall to his side, he tilted his head at the new soquili asking "Who are you?".

Lunarflowermaiden
Calantha had heard a soft thud not far off, but had paid little mind to it, as she watched a buttefly fluttered over head, and eventually land on her forelock. After a moment of trying to get the butterfly back into view she turned to see a golden stallion approaching her, though different from any that she had seen before. "Good morning." She said, unphased by the armor. "I am Calantha." She added as the butterfly made its way down the blaze that ran the length of her face. "And who are you?" She asked with a grin on her face, slightly cross-eyed as she attempted to watch the butterfly.

Xaki
"Pegasusmon." he said simply, his eyes adverted from the sight of a unseemly female, that had little less than dignity to be cross-eyed and stare at a butterfly, that was in an impossible position. Coughing tactfully, he raised a wing, pondering whether or not to leave this female, who seemed to pay more attention to a butterfly, than another. Well, it didnt matter to him, whether or not he was paid attention to, but someone might've as well taught her some manners.

Deciding to give her another chance, because after all, first impressions were not always the accurate impression, He asked, "How are you faring today?", but made no move to move from his position.

Lunarflowermaiden
"I am doing quite well today, and yourself?" She said before tossing her head so the butterfly would fly off. She now stared at him, bright blue eyes flicking up and down him, now that she could get a closer look at the strange stallion.

Xaki
"Adequately enough." Pegasus said patiently, watching the other mare observe him. "May I ask what you're doing out here? Or perhaps I've intruded?" Pegasus tilted his head questioningly, his green eyes staring directly back at the blue eyes that watched him, and he shook his head. "If I have, I'll be glad to leave. After all.." Pegasus trailed off looking at the sky, as if to determine what time it was, before continuing ".. I dont have time to waste."

"But before that, would you mind telling me where exactly are we? I'm afraid that I stopped out of sheer curiousity, which I admit, isnt a good move on my part." hHs gaze traveled their surroundings, looking for something that he was familiar with, but unfortunately, everything seemed too foriegn. Pegasus sighed in disappointment, before looking at the mare, expecting an answer.

Lunarflowermaiden
"I am just here enjoying the morning air, no real reason other than that." She said as she watched him. "No I don't mind the company." She added as she toss her head to get her forelock out of her eyes.

"We are in the plains. Continue that way and you hit the ocean." She said with a nod to one side. "And the other way there is the forest, and then the mountains, beyond which is the desert." She added with a nod in the other direction. "There is a lake, rivers, the beach and the village over that way." She said nodding in another direction. "I have been to almost all of them, but I have only ever heard about the desert, I haven't gone there yet."

Xaki
"Morning air? I cant express it, but it does give you a soothing feeling, doesnt it?" Pegasus smiled warmly, tilting his head to enjoy the breeze. "Well, thank you for your company, if only for a brief moment." He lifted his wings, recounting where he had wanted to go, before turning around. "And I think I'll certainly take your advice on not traveling to the desert." He added in chuckling. Spreading his wings, he left, leaving a gust of wind behind.

Lunarflowermaiden
Calantha was intrigued by the strange stallion, and his apparent hasty exit. But she paid little mind to it, and continued on through the land.

Xaki

Xaki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:25 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:06 pm
Whoa! Havent I seen you before?
[ Horses: Khan - Eury ]

Xaki
It was mid afternoon by now, Khan observed thoughfully. It had taken him that long from early morning to find a path out of the forest, and truthfully, that could almost be called pathetic. Grimacing slightly to himself, he walked out to the clearing, that was at the end of the path. His mood lightened though, as he saw the clearing. It was pretty nice, by anyone's standards. A river, a hearty meadow, rolling hillsides, and more. It was peaceful, and isolated at the moment. How lovely.

"Might be nice to find some food here." he said outloud, scanning the surroundings, before his eyes settled on a bush of berries, quite happily. Delicately nosing the berries, he nibbled on several before pulling away. Certainly not his type. Ohwell. He would have to hold out for a while longer than until he met up with her. Nudging around, it was decided to explore, after all, he had nothing else to do, for the moment anyways.

-Polar-
Eury trotted lightly through the meadow; her feathered ankles fanning about as the wind caught them when she placed her hooves upon the ground with every step she took. The mare was feeling quite pleased with herself; her soft coat was beautiful and clean. The black was shiny and dark, the white flawless. Her silky mane with it's light curls swished in the wind gracefully and the wind blew it just right. The feathers of her wings were all straight and gorgeous, and the flowers in her mane and tail were in full bloom and showed no signs of wilting what so ever. Yes; today was a good day for the mare indeed. The temperature was mild and the sun wasn't too bright; and thank god the day wasn't humid, otherwise the mare's fur would look matted from sweating and that would just be disgraceful for such a mare. She was so caught up in her thoughts that her red eyes hadn't even noticed a stallion that was also in the clearing.

Xaki
His ears perked up, as he heard the sound of approaching footsteps. His gaze brushed the clearing, until it settled on the new visitor. Oouh~ Another winged one? It appeared that wiged ones were a common occurrence, if he could meet two in such a short time. With no doubt, he would eventually meet more. But for now.

"Hello there." he called out, his head slanted, to observe the new soquili. It appeared that she hadnt noticed him yet, but maybe she was preoccupied. Glancing at the new soquili, he noticed her black coat, with immaculate white markings, and her wings. Something struck a chord in him, as if she seemed .. vaguely familiar. Of course, not with the flowers and everything but .. still. But now wasnt the time to dwell in his thoughts, he could do that later. Pushing it to the back of his mind, he asked cheerfully. "Its a lovely meadow, isnt it? Are you here, perhaps, for the same reason I am?"

-Polar-
Eury ceased her trotting and descended her gait to a stead walk; her ears tilted to absorb the words of another. She turned her head and smirked yet continued her movements; only adjusting them a little to wander closer towards the other. "Hello..." Her voice trailed off as her red eyes focused intently on the stallion. She halted and her smirk grew a tad upon her face. Eury observed the stallion; his dark coat much like her own, with white socks and stockings. "Lovely indeed." She smiled and gave a light snort; beginning to walk around the stallion, let her eyes look him up and down. Tall, dark and handsome. She giggly cheekily to herself. "That depends..." The smirk once again appeared on her face as she almost completed the circle she had been making around him. "What reason would you be here for?" She raised a brow but the smirk remained attached to her face.

Xaki
Watching her, he had to wonder for her reason of circling. Feeling her eyes on him, he could only deduce that she was assessing him in some way. Letting his gaze fall on her in return, he had to admit, that they looked similar, only that he was wingless. But he didnt mind the difference, after all, wings werent everything. One thing for sure, was that she was a beauty. But that wasnt the issue here. After all, it was to be expected. He had, and would meet more sooner or later.

Taking care to answer her question, no doubt that this would be judged too, he replied, "I wandered and lost my direction, which led me here. What reason do you have to be here?" He raised his brow in return. "I hope, its not to be fetching more flowers? After all, this meadow .. has so many." He said dryly, referring to the flowers in her mane and letting his gaze rake over the grassy meadow, void of flowers. "Now, if you want to water them, there is a lovely stream right over there." Motioning his head over to the trickling stream, he had a grin on his face.

-Polar-
Eury looked thoughtful for a moment before giggling. "I've done that a few times, the forest can be rather tricky to navigate through. Especially when you aren't exactly paying attention to where you're going; perhaps preoccupied thinking of... other things." Again the mare gave a giggle and tossed her mane; the curls bouncing some. "Me?" She acted in a feint matter; pretending to be startled that he had inquired about her reasons as well. "Well..." She smirked slightly. "Maybe I'll tell you later if I feel like it." Eury could be secretive when she chose to be; though she doubted the stallion really was concerned with why she was there to begin with. "Of course not." She looked rather affronted by his question. "These flowers in my mane are quite rare; common flowers like these..." Her red eyes scanned the meadow and a cross between a dissatisfied and upset look appeared on her face. "Would not suite me. No they would not." She shook her head frantically back and forth. "Hmm..." She pondered tentatively; wondering whether or not she should sprinkle some water upon the flowers. They didn't seem to be dry, but she really couldn't tell since they were in her hair. "Perhaps I should." She stated finally. She trotted a few paces before turning back to the stallion. "Coming?" She asked in a tone that gave him little room to deny him the request to follow her.

Xaki
"I suppose everyone can get distracted at one point or another. Glad I'm not the only one that does it." Khan said chuckling at the mare. But listening to the mare, he wondered if she was being coy. Well, it was easy enough to humor the mare then. "Maybe later then, you'll feel up to telling me." He had a casual tone, as he followed after Eury.

Amused at the affronted glance, that the mare had given him when he had given her his suggestion made him amused. Typical of a mare, to care about appearances. But it wouldn't do not to have a conversation. Seizing on one of their earlier topics, he asked, "Hmm. Rare flowers? Arent they a hassle to replace later on?" His tone tinged with curiously, he stared at the flowers that resided in her mane. He had to agree, that they didn't look like the common type, and was probably why she was so careful of them. Why have flowers that needed such caring, he would never know.

-Polar-
Eury grinned. "I'm sure some are distracted... often." She gave raised an eyebrow whilst smirking at the stallion and she giggled again. "Alright. That sounds fair." The statement was on a serious note and she chose to clear her face of the other expressions which had temporarily resided upon it. Eury felt the urge to smirk since the stallion had followed her; yet with great difficulty she resisted the urge. The mare pondered his question before opening her mouth. "Sometimes they can be... But usually it's not too difficult. It all depends on if you know where to look." Eury turned to look at the stallion face; a smirk spreading across her face once again. She gave him a noticeable wink and then giggled. The mare continued walking just ahead of the stallion until she drew close to the stream and then she halted. "Hmm..." She pondered allowed, her voice a slight purring sound. What would be the best way to water the flowers... She tilted her head and stared down into the flowing water of the stream before turning to the stallion; her red eyes upon him. "Would you care to help me by removing the flowers from my mane? I can't very well remove them myself. Just please be... gentle." She giggled again; a wide smile upon her face. The mare shook her head; tossing her silky mane some.

Xaki
"Judging from your appearance, are you one of those who are distracted often?" Khan stated dryly. It was not a question, but what her impression on him was aside from the flowers. " I see." he said nodding to the topic of flowers. Well, he didn't have that much of an interest in flowers that eventually wilted and died. Maybe something more durable would be easier to maintain but he didn't mention it to her.

Walking alongside the mare, he gave a smile to her wink before he was surprised at the mare's .. forwardness and suggestion. He recovered his composure and said easily. "Of course, Miss ..?" His voice trailed off, as he remembered that he didn't know the other soquili's name. How rude was he, not even remembering to ask.

Not waiting for an answer, quite yet, Khan leaned in closer to her, his fur gently brushing against his coat, as his muzzle came into contact with the other mare's windblown hair. Lightly picking up the flowers, to make sure he hadnt damaged it, drawled "Gentle enough for you?" and stepped a few steps backwards. "Any closer, and I believe that we would've given the wrong impression to any passerbys. We wouldn't want that, would we?" he said, giving her a rouge-ish wink.

-Polar-
Eury raised an eyebrow in curiosity at the stallion but a smirk appeared on her face none the less. "Me?" She said in a somewhat mocking tone; playing as if she didn't know what he had meant. She held the shocked expression for a tad longer before grinning to herself. "Depends upon if there's something to... distract me." The grin upon her face grew even wider. Eury felt the urge to giggle as the stallion's body rubbed against her ever so slightly and she shifted her weight onto one foot so the contact was somewhat lengthened. The mare was tempted to flutter her eyebrows at the stallion but instead smirked and tilted her head while raising an eyebrow. "Yes it was." She giggled again. "Perhaps... And why not?" Her voice was incredibly playful and she grinned once again at the stallion. She shook her flower-free mane and bowed her neck to slide off the necklace she wore from which another flower was suspended. The necklace fell daintily upon the ground by her feet and she lifted her head up again. "Would you mind placing those two flowers by this one?" She gestured upon the one on the ground with a slight bow of her head. "That way I can splash some water onto them upon them from the stream." She looked at the stream and took another step toward it, being careful to avoid the white and red flower upon the ground. "Oh and..." She smirked inwardly to herself. "Could you remove the ones from my tail too? I'd pull them out but I don't want to rip the petals." Her tone of voice was a pea to encourage the stallion further.

Xaki
"We can only hope, that you can improve your disposition, and I will try my hardest not to distract you milady." he said wryly, taking a few steps closer to her now.

Thinking thoughtfully, about how to answer her question of 'why not' he replied, "As much as I would like to, I'm afraid that would ruin your reputation, as is the female is always blamed." He said somehow having managed to picked up a few strands of her silky mane in his muzzle, as he talked, and now let a few wisps of her mane fall from his lips as he feigned a bow to her. "As you wish." Taking care to avoid trampling the flowers, he nudged them to the place she pointed out.

And it appeared that this mare wasnt finished with her flowers quite yet. "You'll kill a man one day, with so many of your commands." He said teasingly, but contrary to his words, he gently placed the flowers from her tail to the ground also. It was not that he didnt notice the inviting tone of the mare, but restraint was something to practice. Trying to divert the conversation, he commented, "Make sure not to let them float downstream, and alas, another soquili would have your flowers too, making yourself, no longer unique" He said in a joking manner.

-Polar-
Eury gave him a hurt look; pouting and pursing her lips into a frown. "What's wrong with my disposition? It's not necessarily a bad thing to be distracted now is it?" Her first expression was then replaced by a casual smirk and a quirk of her eyebrow. "What reputation?" She added cheekily; keeping her eyebrow raised and her smirk growing wider as it twitched at the corners of her mouth. "I don't mind taking the blame." She added mindfully; tempted to nudge the stallion with her muzzle. "Perhaps I will." The smirk lingered upon her face. Her red eyes fell once more upon her precious flowers. "Thank you for the pointer." Arching her neck down she nudged the flowers lightly with her muzzle further away from the edge of the stream. Contemplating how to best nourish the flowers with water she made her way over to the stream. She gave a light snort and turned her eyes back upon the stallion for a moment. "One does not require ornaments to make them unique." She turned back around and took a few steps into the stream. The water was chilly and she gasped in shock at first at how cold it was. Quickly the mare nipped her nose into the water and attempted to splash the petals with enough droplets of water. Feeling satisfied after splashing them a few times so retreated from the stream; shaking off her feet and muzzle as she did so. She bent her head down to examine the flowers, which seemed alright in Eury's opinion. "Would it be too much of a request to ask you to help return the flowers to my mane and tail?" She held a mocking tone but was sincere; hoping for his assistance.

Xaki
"Nothing is wrong, but everything can always be improved at one point or another, cant it?" He said with a raise of an eyebrow. "But if you like it, then I'll just go back to my distracting self. " He said laughing softly to the mare. Inwardly, he was surprised at Eury's behavior but it was entertaining neverthe less. "I'd feel bad for your reputation, and a gentleman should never let a female take the blame." He said offering a apology smile to dampen his answer.

"But of course, one's personality makes them unique. But from your argument, I'm assuming that you would share your flowers with another?" he asked, skeptically, but he chuckled at the mare's gasp. "Cold already?" He asked mockingly, but made a point to stay away from the water. After all, no need to go into it if it wasnt necessary.

"Not at all." he replied, shifting, and bent down to place the flowers back onto her hair, but with a bit of distance now. It would bode well, to maintain such close contact after saying that he wouldnt.

-Polar-
Eury frowned and shook her head slightly. "How can something be improved when there is nothing wrong with it to begin with?" Perhaps it was one of those things where people say something is 'new and improved'. Of course something couldn't be new if it had been improved and vice versa; yet it was something that everyone just common accepted for the sake of it. She mare resisted the urge to roll her eyes and yet gave the stallion a rather skeptical look; not quite understanding to a full extent what his words had meant. She grinned at him. "I didn't mind it." Once again the mare sighed; unable to comprehend the stallion. "If I have not a reputation how can one feel sorry for it?" She furrowed her brows and stared at him in contempt. Eury shook her head. "No... I wouldn't share the flowers with another." Unless... She contradicted herself. They were someone special... A half smile appeared on her face as she thought; yet she had a glazed over look to her red eyes. She shook off her legs once again; trying to fully rid herself of the water clinging to her pristine coat. "Just a bit." Eury's voice was firm; attempting to act as if she hadn't been bothered by the cold water as much as she actually had been. The mare allowed her self to stand in place as the stallion went about replacing the flowers in her mane once more. "Thank you." She replied gratefully; yet was disappointed when he kept as some distance between them.

Xaki
"Its hard to explain." Khan said brushing past that topic. It was something that he had heard from others, but had never taken the time to go over it. Now that Eury had brought it up, it was a good point. Maybe it was a way of thinking than a logical explanation, Khan reasoned to himself. Noticing the sigh, he shook his mane out as he explained, "Everybody has a reputation. Now whether you are aware of it or not, makes for a different story." He said nodding. "For example, I've heard that.. your winged type is a proud sort? In general, I believe." He added hastily, as not to make his meaning a stereotype. He himself disliked stereotyping, so he tried not to do it to others.

Taking the contemptive look into mind, he stayed quiet, since his question was already answered. Noticing the changes in her, he wondered if she was distracted again? Well, that wasn't surprising. Hearing the mare thank him, he replied. "My pleasure."Wondering what to do now, that she was done with her flowers, he asked a bit hesitantly. "Since, we dont have much to do, Would you like to take a walk?"

-Polar-
"Alright then." The mare gave a light shrug of her shoulders. Eury didn't think it was exceedingly complicated but figured she didn't need it to be explained to her anyhow. She tilted her head and listened to the stallion. "If you say so." The mare gave the stallion a doubtful look but decided not to question him further. If one is not aware of their reputation I don't see how it could possibly matter... Eury gave a light snort. "I suppose some are, however us winds aren't incredibly different... We just have wings after all." The mare wasn't concerned too much in the effect breed had on status as some people would call it. "A walk?" She gazed into his eyes; discerning whether or not to accept or decline his request. "Alright." She gave the stallion a nod and moved slightly toward him. "Where shall we go?" She inquired; having no particular place in mind and wondering whether or not he had one. She shook her head; giving her mane a light toss and then she picked up her hooves quickly, doing so one at a time. She was somewhat anxious; feeling rather ill contented that the stallion had coped to her usual flirtatious actions and mood.

Xaki
"Wings are a gift from the gods. It's as if they've blessed you, with one of the greatest assets of a bird. " Khan said quietly, in contained amazement. "But that doesn't mean that those on land don't have their advantages too. Muchly, I'd prefer being without wings. I cant imagine life with them." He said, grinning, knowing how different he sounded from the typical wingless soquili. But it was because he understood Eury's comment. She wasn't different from him, aside from an endowed characteristic.

Bringing his mind back back to the conversation, he repeated faintly. "Yes, a walk." and at her acceptance, he fell into pace, matching the length of his footsteps to her. Amused, he wondered if he should offer a suggestion, when already she was going her own way. But walking next to her, he felt a change in her. Was it tension, or something else? "Is there something wrong?" His question tentative, and his voice full of concern as he stopped in his walk, waiting for an answer from her.

-Polar-
Eury gave a nod of her head. "Yes that is true... It is wonderful to be able to fly I suppose. Though if I had not been born with wings I'm sure I would have been content as well." The issue was nothing to fuss over really. The mare however found if difficult to think of an advantage one would have without wings. She frowned slightly as she pondered and was unable to help herself from rustling her wings; adjusting their placement upon her back. The mare noticed him paused and she did so as well; turning her body to face him. "Something wrong? Of course not..." She offered a tilt of her head and allowed her words to trail off. "I'm fine." She tried to compensate for her usually grin and let out a giggle; however the pitch sounded awkward as it escaped her. Instantly the mare closed her mouth and shook her head. "Do you have anywhere in mind that you think we should go?" Quickly she asked; only realizing that she may have been rude without asking. She averted her red eyes away from the stallion for a moment to observe the area around them.

Xaki
Her placement of wings drew his gaze for a few seconds, before it returned to her. Noticing the awkwardness of her words, he had assume that she wanted to be fine. If she didn't want to talk to him, he certainly was not going to pry into her business. Prying, More often tHan not, was worse for him, in his case. He noticed the change of topic and question, and paused to think. "Anywhere I want to go..? Any where is fine, but should we just continue on this path? No doubt, it'll lead us to somewhere, but I think thats better than nowhere, don't you think so?" He said, diverting his gaze onto the path. "but if you have any suggestions, that would probably help. It doesn't matter to me, where we go." he admitted sheepishly. He knew many males were like him, they didn't care too much about the details. "I hope you don't mind .. my ..?" he didnt quite know how to phrase it, and his voice drifted off into silence.

-Polar-
Eury gave the stallion a small smile. "Sure. This path seems alright." Why not? Would have been a more appropriate answer to his question but the mare was trying to be polite and courteous. She laughed lightly at the stallion's reasoning. "Yes I suppose so." Eury bowed her head in a nod. What is nowhere... She couldn't help but wonder. When one came to thing about it... Wasn't anywhere, everywhere... somewhere? After all... what exactly was nowhere? The mare cringed inwardly and furrowed her brow. Her eyes flickered upon the stallion for a moment. "Unfortunately I don't have any suggestion to make right now but I think of someplace I feel would be adequate for us to venture to I will be sure to inform you." A soft grin appeared once again on her face. Eury waited for him to finish; but realized he couldn't find the words when he made no more attempt at speech. The mare however knew perfectly what the stallion meant; it was odd how males and females often shared similar characteristics to others of their gender. The mare had continued walking along the path at a leisurely pace; looking beside her to make sure the stallion was there as well.

Xaki
"All right then." he said agreeably, walking alongside her, relaxed now that if she had any suggestions, she would voice them. Unlike other females, who kept their mouth shut and were discomforted, he had no like for those who couldn't speak their mind properly, even when invited to. This mare was different however, and he was glad for that.

Feeling a smile tug at his lips, he had to wonder, if there was a reason for her looking back. Was it merely to make sure that he was keeping up? or did she doubt him in some way? or did she believe him, not to keep up? He could ask her, but it seemed like a useless topic, so he stayed shut on the matter. Not that it was of any real importance anyways.

Shifting a bit, to adjust his saddle that was sliding off to one side, he glanced back at it, to make sure it was in its accurate position, and turned back to attempt some more conversation. "While we're at it, I don't believe I've had the pleasure of your name yet? My name is Khan." His voice cheerful, as if to liven the silence between them, and he tossed his head to clear his braid from covering his range of vision, as he waited for an answer from her.

-Polar-
Eury felt pleased that the stallion was directly beside her and she smiled brightly. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed his head turn just a tad and her gaze was dragged to the same spot she thought him to be focusing on. She assumed the stallion was flashing a glance upon his saddle; obviously bothered by it in some way. Eury studied the saddle for a few moments; her red eyes wandering over it. It was very unique to say the least; and the stallion shifted awkwardly before turning his attention once again upon her and opening his mouth. The mare hadn't even felt the need for the to exchange names before he said anything. She grinned sheepishly at him. "Pleasure to meet you Khan. My name is Eury." The mare nudged Khan's shoulder with her muzzle; a mysterious gleam appeared in her red eyes as she watched the stallion before her eyes averted onto the path that they continued moving along. She tilted her head slightly; her ears rotating slightly upon her head. "Do you know where this path leads?" She already had a feeling that he did not, yet it never hurt to ask she guessed. And even if the stallion didn't know Eury saw no reason not to accompany him along it; perhaps they would reach something worth following it for. And if not... then they could always find something else to do.

Xaki
Noticing Eury's stare at his saddle, he supposed that she couldn't help it. After all, he had looked at her wings, hadn't he? They both had something that intrigued the other, and it, itself was amusing to say the least. But his attention turned to Eury, as her name was finally introduced. "It's the same here, Miss Eury" He said, noticing the gleam enter her eye as he bowed down in greetings towards her. Sometimes, he felt that Eury was more ambitious than any other female he had met. Now whether it was an advantage or not, was still unknown to him.

Listening to Eury's question, he pondered for a few moments, before he replied, "Most likely outside." Khan stared at the path intently for a moment, before shrugging. "We can hope, anyways." After all, he had just recently came to these lands, and by Eury's question, she could be new too. It wasn't surprising that none of them knew their way around these lands. Confusing, they were! His old homeland wasn't like this, but he had a rider to guide him through those times. Feeling wistful, at his memories, he didn't feel like talking, any longer.

-Polar-
The mare tilted her head, wondering why Khan chose to add miss in front of her name. It seemed far too formal in her opinion. She paused temporarily; turning her red eyes upon the stallion and arching an eyebrow at him. "Outside?" She questioned; thoroughly confused. They were already outside were they not? And if they were heading outside, what was the outside he meant? Also what were they inside of if they were going outside? None of it made sense to the mare in the least. "Sure..." Her voice trailed off as she continued to ponder just what exactly the stallion could have meant. Eury looked to Khan, trying to find a new subject to discuss while they walked. She opened her mouth to speak yet her words were stifled when she noticed the apprehensive look upon Khan's features; as if the stallion were deep in thought. The mare closed her mouth and her eyes feel upon the path once again; remaining silent as they continued on. Then her thoughts began to wander as well; thinking of her homeland as she suspected Khan might be doing. The sweet scent of flowers and the ocean surrounding her... Images of crashing waves under the moonlight and steep cliffs by the water's edge.

Xaki
Jerked out of his thoughts by Eury's voice, he chastised himself. His thinking could be better left off when he was alone, certainly now when he had company. To prove, that he was paying attention, he replied, "Yes, outside." Khan smiled in amusement, realizing that she didn't really, know how he thought. "Y'see, I see this this forest, as a cage of sorts. When we get out of it, where the land spreads far and wide, will I believe that's outside. It was how I was raised." Khan said, adding the last part, to make his explanation make sense. Maybe not everyone thought like him, but it didnt really matter to him. To each their own, was a saying that he followed often. He glanced back at Eury, to see the expression that had crossed his face, not too long ago, and realized that she must've been thinking about, perhaps her homeland too?

-Polar-
Eury listened intently to the stallion. "Oh..." Her voice was light and she spoke quickly; afraid that he might think her to be unintelligent by questioning in her head what he had meant. She gave a snorted and looked upon the ground as they walked. "Thank... thank you for the explanation." Her eyes fell upon him and she smiled at him; at least she was no longer shrouded in a sense of confusion. Suddenly a question appeared in Eury's head. "Do you not enjoy the forest Khan?" Her voice was serious and her gaze was focused solely on the stallion. The mare began to wonder more and more things about the stallion; longing to ask him. "If you don't mind... Would you tell me where you are from?" A hopeful gleam appeared in her eyes, wishing for the stallion to tell her all about himself. The mare was not exactly one for revealing information about herself... And rarely asking it of others. There was something about the stallion that... made her curious though. Perhaps it was his saddle... Or his disposition... The mare couldn't place exactly what it was.

Xaki
"I enjoy the forest.. very scarcely." he admitted. "The forest, seems like a trapping place, it makes me feel like I've come to a dead end. I dont like that very much." He said, a smile was on his face, but his eyes relayed a moody emotion. he was glad when Eury introduced a new subject. It wasnt easy to admit a weakness, not to anybody.

"Why don't we take turns asking the questions here?" He said, tilting his head. "Like, when I answer yours, you'll tell me where you came from?" he said teasingly, noticing the gleam in her eyes, and he couldn't help but relate her to a filly, maybe asking questions of a stranger or someone that it had just met. But back to subject, if they alternated, it would be a fair trade on both sides, to learn more about each other. At least, while they stayed together anyways. "I come from a foreign land called China. Horses, like you and I, are often used for war horses. To assist in wars, and such." he said vaguely, remembering his adventures. "Now your turn."

-Polar-
The mare gave a nod. Eury smiled at the stallion. "Well... We'll just have to follow this path until it takes us out of the forest now won't we?" She giggled lightly. "Unless you've thought of someplace else already?" Her tone was suggestive and she nudged the stallion's shoulder with her muzzle. Again the mare released a giggle. The mare withdrew a tad from the stallion and raised an eyebrow at him. "Take turns?" Her voice was skeptical; clearly not too pleased with the idea. However, the stallion was polite about it... and after all he did answer the questions she had asked of him. Mentally she sighed defeat and tossed her mane. China. The mare repeated to herself; wondering why such a place would require horses of war. She was tempted to ask, yet decided it was better not to. Perhaps he would explain it to her another time if they had the opportunity of meeting again. Eury snorted when he reminded her that it was her turn to speak. "Alright... I come from an island known as Hawaii." Again images of waves crashing upon the rocky ground fled into her mind. "That's where these flowers I am wearing came from as well... They are very special to me..." Her red eyes sparkled and her gaze feel upon her neck to where one of the white hibiscuses hung.

Xaki
Noticing her skeptical voice, and the raise eyebrow, he had to deduce that she wasn't too keen on sharing information about herself, was she. He sighed inwardly. She certainly didn't expect him to share information about himself freely, while she stayed silent, did she?

Dragging his mind away from his thoughts, he asked "Island. Hawaii?" Khan had a questioning look to him, but it was directed more to himself than Eury. Hawaii was a coveted place, that he had heard of in China. And it was an island, which meant that it was surrounded with water. Had she traveled on her wings here? That must've been far, Khan thought absent-mindedly. He was tempted to ask her, how life was there, but he didnt want to ask such a useless question and have to answer a question that may not have been of equal worth. He noticed the glance at her flowers, and if he was new, he'd be glancing also but he didnt need to look at the flowers, well because, he had already seen them when he took them off and then placed them on her. No use seeing it again. "I suppose that you must've had a hard time finding replacements for them here, when they've all wilted and done with?"

-Polar-
Eury closed her eyes and nodded slightly. The mare's eyes lids fluttered open and she threw the stallion a quizzical look. "Well..." She looked thoughtful and took her time before answering him. "There weren't exactly any replacements here." Eury frowned. "My Indian worked hard to grow these flowers here. She continuously worked to find a place where they would bloom and such. Eventually she found one... It is rather hidden and I don't expect anyone else would be able to stumble across where they bloom. My Indian tries to keep them growing all year long but it gets difficult sometimes. It is nice though that she has put so much effort into it." The mare smiled at him and giggled; remembering back to what she had said earlier. 'It all depends on if you know where to look.' A small smirk appeared on her face. "When one of my flowers wilt I take it to my Indian and then I go to fetch a replacement." Again she gave a quick nod of her head; silence then surpassed them for a few minutes as the mare tried to think of something else to talk about. Unable to those she decided to apologize. "Sorry..." Her voice was quiet and she looked away from the stallion. "That must have been boring listening to me recite so much revolving around flowers..." She gave a quick shrug of her shoulders and tossed her mane.

Xaki
Khan, listening to Eury's last comment said warmly, "Not at all. If you have something that you love, its only natural to share it." There was no need for her to apologize, when she hadn't done anything wrong. But by Eury's voice, he assumed that she really did like the flowers, and her Indian didn't cut corners when it came to them. Thinking thoughtfully, he had to admit, that his human didn't cut corners either, when it came to his saddle. He supposed that he should be thankful for that.

Diverting his attention to something else, he stared at the path, for a moment, he had to wonder if they were getting close to the entrance. The path looked far more worn out than it did earlier, which may indicated that more people would've came by here. He and she would part at the entrance, when they got out, wouldnt they? Khan felt a little wistful, it was nice to be in the company of others, especially when one was in a foreign land.

-Polar-
Eury grinned slightly and stared at Khan with her blood red eyes. "I suppose that's true... So... is there anything you'd be willing to share?" Her voice was mellifluous and she released a small giggle as well. 'There must be something this stallion likes.' She told herself; nodding ever so slightly as well, a smirk appearing on her face again as she wondered what it may be if he did choose to tell her. Eury's eyes fell back upon the stallion's however she frowned slightly when she noticed his eyes were averted to another direction. She resisting the urge to 'hmmp' at him and she looked down at the path that she realized he was concentrating upon. She blinked for a moment and frowned. Why were the two following this path again? The mare couldn't recall... And she refused to ask the stallion since she knew he would think her either forgetful or stupid; and she would not be addressed as either.

Xaki
"Haha. I assure you, that you'll be bored by my stories. I'd much rather hear yours." Khan said, laughing. About to reply to Eury again, his eyes were distracted by something out of the corner of his eye. It seemed that they had reached the end of the path, where sunlight brilliantly strolled in. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think that we had finally reached an entrance out of a very dark tunnel." he smiled ruefully, tilting his head to look down the path at which they came from. From his point of view, it was light, but gradually grew darker until it disappeared into total darkness. "But appearances are certainly deceiving." Turning back to Eury, he tossed his head, "Thank you for blessing me with your enjoyable company." A cheerful ring to his tone, he had no doubt that Eury was going to be fine by herself. "This is the part, where we part ways, I believe."

-Polar-
Eury snorted indignantly. "Why would so assume that if you haven't given me the opportunity to even hear any of your stories." She rolled her eyes at the stallion. The mare blinked at the stallion before looking around and realizing that the path finally ended; that must have been what they were following it for after all now that the mare thought about it. "That certainly seems like an odd way of putting it... though I suppose you are right." Eury trotted forward a bit; leaving the path behind and turning around to stare at the stallion. Her eyes averted to the side of the stallion, seeing the long path upon which they had traveled together. Eury wasn't exactly sure what the stallion meant be 'appearances are certainly deceiving', yet she wasn't bothered by it. The mare giggled and bowed her head to the stallion. "Yes it was rather enjoyable." A smile spanning across her face. A rather long time had passed since the two had first crossed paths and Eury felt it was time for her to depart since it seemed the stallion had to do the same. "Perhaps we'll meet again sometime." She giggled and winked at the stallion once more before she outstretched her wings and started to head home; the conversation she had had with the stallion replaying in her head as she did so.

Xaki

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces